NATION

PASSWORD

Lighting the Fires(MT|Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dralka
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dralka » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:47 pm

Dralka, Keep of the Ascendent

Averi read through two most recent messages as morning light filled her office. The two see considered real threats were the Cenerians, and more recently the Scandovans. The Creatlens were a different story entirely, but if the created a coalition, she knew it would be a powerful force, a force not easily taken down and removed. The Creatlens were at best in her mind, evenly matched, the thing giving them the edge being the fact that if they wished to attack the Dralkars directly that they would be navigating through dangerous waters, and easy pickings for an air attack in mass, not to mention miles upon miles of frozen plains. She had the messages surrendering the Thera Abis, and the Avon sal to their Federation, that was one advantage she had here.

The lands she currently desired were under their control by terms, but a volatile peace as not something to play around with. She had to ensure her control of the oil-fields within the Thera Abis were maintained, the Avon Sal was mainly a message to the Jalkans. The Jalkans had abused their ability to get whatever terms they had wanted in the Second War, and that meant that the Federation had been forced to pay for a war they had not begun. The Dralkar were not a people to forget wrongs, and they were not quick to forgive them. The Marshall knew that, but she did not want to use it, at the very least, yet.

She had to find a way to make the greater powers of the outsiders forget about their nation, and the last thing she needed was an open war when she was in the middle of improving upon the armed forces. The nation did not have the have the sheer power needed to keep up an elongated conflict, but she did not care if these messages were kept private. Most messages to the government were already fairly public, their senders just kept anonymous. She just had to please them, keep them unaware of the nature of what was happening on the continent, and keep the outsiders separated from Niskas, but she had to way no do the latter. She began her letter in reply, but she tried as best she could to keep the barbs she felt for the King of Jalka as silent as possible.

The troops were already consolidating their acquired territory, preparing it for defense, and helping towns and the single city get war damages fixed and any aid needed, brought in.

Twenty Miles south-west of Frozenheart, Fort Ancras

The area was ice-mountains. There was not a better to describe them. They were jagged, pointed, and all too deadly spires of ice that were as tall as small mountains, the largest being slightly taller. Here, near the frozen caverns of the Avon Sa, was the base that was the center of the training of the men and women at arms.While Lukas Adrana had on a technical note been conscripted, he had requested personally to be trained as a volunteer would be, and it had taken the notice of the commanders of the base, and he officially was enlisted as a volunteer for that reason, and his request accepted on the terms that he would serve for at least four years.

“Attention!” Lukas looked like he belonged in uniform. He was broad, muscular, and fit, as he stood at attention, the drill sergeants boots making ringing noises through the metal barracks every time he took a step, between the lines of recruits, the trainer was going to have to weed through them all.

The drill sergeant looked calmer than normal, his grey eyes not seeming to have fires burning behind them. His face was not as hard set as normal, but it was only two weeks into their training, they had a long way to go. They all looked straight ahead, knowing that if the followed the drillers pacing their would be consequences for all of them.

“Weakness, will not, can not be tolerated on the battle field. Strength will be your shield when all hell breaks loose, and the people you trained with are the on the ground near you motionless.” The man’s voice was coarse and hard. “You will be brought up , and I suspect no more than sixty percent of you will still be here, the rest of you being too weak to get any farther. Today I have a little test for you all, we are going to be going on a ‘little’ hike.” All the soldiers gave an inward groan, knowing what ‘little’ was in the mind of Sergeant Davon. They all knew what would happen if someone actually had groaned, the sergeant would have added only a ‘small’ distance to their hike.

“Today is going to a bit harder than the normal one as well. Full weight of the gear you would be deployed with. Remember, you all get one canteen, and a water purifier. We move out in ten minutes, at ease, and prepare yourselves!” The sergeant left the room, but most of the soldiers kept quiet.

Lukas filled up the thirty ounce canteen that all of them got, and adorned his winter battle gear, a snow camouflage combat jacket over a insulating wool shirt and a thermal vest, with a bullet proof vest beneath. Training was brutal for all branches of the military, and everyone knew the air force was one of the hardest to get into of all of them. Adrana would have liked to say he hated training, but he didn’t. He found it cleared his mind and helped him focus in his aggressive nature.

Out of an original eleven hundred recruits, after two weeks, nine hundred remained. It was a system meant to break those who were not both mentally and physically tough enough. The Dralkar military based itself upon the principles of strength that had made the small country a force to reckoned with in the past. It was a training program that was created to make the nation’s small population into a people capable of fighting much larger forces.

The hike began and they headed for the ice spires. It was one of Davon’s favorite places to place his hikes because the cold mixed with the tough march through them made for some of the hardest places to train through. Davon’s recruits always came out tougher than the other trainers’, and he prided himself with that. Those who made it through his training were more intimidating for new soldiers than most people could have thought possible.

As the weight of full combat gear began to takes it’s toll, more than one canteen became emptied, some of them even wished they could drop their assault rifles, but of they did it meant three days of being worked out of your life for dropping it, with the simple excuse of it made them tired. If their was a legitimate reason, the harsh sergeant would probably make you do the cardio and staminal parts of the days, all you got out of was the strength part of it.

Many of the men started repeating the motto of the army like some sort of creed. “Through strength I gain valor, through valor I gain honor.” Over and over again. After they had hiked ten miles, after four to five hours, there were twenty less recruits then what they had started the day with, although one of those was because of a physical injury after a section of rock embedded in the spires came loose and tumbled down the side of the the ice, which would keep him in the infirmary for a broken leg and two broken ribs for a good month or two. Needless to say he was not going to be entering the graduation from the training with his current battalion.

Lukas himself started humming the tune of a song that his mother had enjoyed. The song gave him motivation to keep going, more so for the memory of his lost mother. He slowly sipped at the canteen he had. The hike round trip had lasted twenty hours hours, and had taken them a total of forty miles, twenty out, twenty back. A total of one hundred had been removed from training, the remainder were exhausted when they made it back. Even Davon had pushed himself. He had said that following day would be their day for rest. Most of them would sleep for the better part of hit. He had weeded out the ones he saw as weak in the first two weeks, and he knew that his battalion would likely number about six hundred when he was finished with them, and had already recognized a few faces of those had tried and been removed the first time being able to remain, others he had removed.

Adara was beyond ready for a rest when they got back.

To: The Capitalist Republic of Scandova

Dear whom it may concern,

My forces have already begun their withdrawal, but I will not concede the lands of my forebears, which have been granted to the Federation by their respective governments. If you wish to create a demilitarized zone, I will allow it, but if their are any signs of forces from your respectable nation or that of the Nation of Ceneria, we will not not hesitate to prepare for battle.

The honor of my people demands that the Avon Sal which was unrightfully taken, and unlawfully taken by the Kingdom of Jackla during the Second War, be kept under our control. Inhabitants that are Jalkan and from other nations are welcomed to stay in the territories surrendered to the Federation, but if they wish to leave they may do it freely.

May God Help your Nation prosper,
My Good Will, despite the situation,
Sincerely,
(Lady) Marshall Averi Zambelse
Last edited by Dralka on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any tips on Role Playing would be greatly appreciated, as well as those on writing!

Roman Catholic

I am a male high school student.

Nation is based off of Belka from Ace Combat, specifically Ace Combat Zero; albeit it loosely.
The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
~ Abraham Lincoln

Creatle
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:40 pm

OOC: Hmmm, I don't have geography of the land, if I would have been shown a map I would understand, and then I would have never had gone by sea, it would all be from transport plane, regardless, my troops are being withdrawn from Jalka. All my troops will now be stationed in Creatle
Research Officer of the NCSA, I make polls, you will respect my authority!

I am a line-art designer who specializes in MS Paint with pixel art for Military ground and naval designs. If you would like me to help you with line-art design please TG me!

Dralka
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dralka » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:46 pm

Creatle wrote:OOC: Hmmm, I don't have geography of the land, if I would have been shown a map I would understand, and then I would have never had gone by sea, it would all be from transport plane, regardless, my troops are being withdrawn from Jalka. All my troops will now be stationed in Creatle

OOC: I have a few maps up, two within my factbooks and a third being one of the first posts in this thread.
Any tips on Role Playing would be greatly appreciated, as well as those on writing!

Roman Catholic

Nation is based off of Belka from Ace Combat, specifically Ace Combat Zero; albeit it loosely.
The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
~ Abraham Lincoln

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:52 pm

I had no clue the waters was dangerous can we void the whole landing and just say that my forces after declaring war have begun construction on Heavy fortifications around the island (my island is a great strategic position, has 2 Airports, 1 deep water port and a large amount of defences also able to reach a hell of a lot of nations)

I am a line-art designer who specializes in MS Paint with pixel art for Military ground and naval designs. If you would like me to help you with line-art design please TG me!

Dralka
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dralka » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Creatle wrote:I had no clue the waters was dangerous can we void the whole landing and just say that my forces after declaring war have begun construction on Heavy fortifications around the island (my island is a great strategic position, has 2 Airports, 1 deep water port and a large amount of defences also able to reach a hell of a lot of nations)

Works for me, we should probably move this is TG for a bit and keep this mainly IC.

Roman Catholic

~ Abraham Lincoln

Scandova
Envoy

Founded: Feb 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Scandova » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:05 pm

To: Ceneria
Encrpytion: Military 2

We are happy to hear of your willingness to cooperate with us in this dangerous and potentially deadly time. As we speak, the Scandovan 17th Tactical Fleet is being positioned off of the northern coast of the Niskas, and will be prepared to launch air assaults as well as limited amphibious landings on the continent proper within a few days time. Concerning the direct issue of Dralkan aggression, we received word from the Dralkans themselves that while they would withdraw their forces, they plan on holding the lands they have at present acquired through means of military conquest. The people of Scandova find this, unacceptable. I propose that we issue a joint ultimatum to the Dralkan authorities ; withdraw to pre-war borders or face war against both the nations of Ceneria and Scandova.

To: The Federation of Dralka
Encrpytion: Diplomacy 3

We appreciate your timely response to out immediate requests. For the time being, the Scandova 17th Tactical Fleet will be located off of your northern coast, but will in no way infringe upon your maritime borders. The possibility of a Scandovan-Cenerian DMZ is, at current, being discussed and considered by the proper authorities. Furthermore, while we may understand your nations position, we find ourselves unable to condone it. This said, any movements against Scandovan or Cenerian forces in the region will be considered an act of war and dealt with as such. Expect to hear from us again shortly.

North Sea of Mithil, off of Scandova
March 26th, 2015

Admiral Drake Collis stood, near motionless, at his office window in the command bridge of the SMS Arcanine, the flagship carrier of the 17th Tactical, overlooking his deck. It was lined with 25 F/A-24 Scorpion fighter-interceptors, the finest the Scandovan Aviation had to offer. They had left port from the northern city of Mithil not 2 days earlier, and planned on arriving, weather providing, at their destination within another 2.

This was, in theory, a peace keeping mission. His skepticism came from past experience; Arkava was meant to be a peace keeping endeavor as well, and it ended up being one of the bloodiest and most drawn out conflicts in Scandovan history.

He only hoped the current situation didn't escalate to the point of direct intervention. The Admiral didn't mind getting his feet wet, but he did mind seeing another generation of young men and women tear themselves apart.

These thoughts were his only company as his ship, his fleet, continued on its journey though murky waters.
Last edited by Scandova on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The cause of freedom is not the cause of a race or sect, a party or class - it is the cause of humankind, the very birthright of humanity." ~ Anna Julia Cooper

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Last edited by Creatle on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:17 pm

Last edited by Creatle on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:32 pm

OOC: I would likt to void me ever going to Jalka, and I didn't know there was dangers in the water as I was not aware of their geography.

IC: Shortly after declaring war, James ordered the construction of Large Military fortifications to be constructed along the coast and for tighter security regulations in the military. This could be a bloodbath if he doesn't prepare, Creatle and the UPR are a huge target to power hungry nations, its rich with natural ores and oil and was within striking distance of many nations, making it a huge military strategic position.

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:01 pm

James was at home with his wife and family, eating dinner, James wife, Marisa, was 28 and was a beautiful lady and a wonderful cook. His daughter, Lucy, was only 3 months old and absolutely adorable. James loved his family more than anything and would sacrifice himself for their safety.

The telephone rings, Marisa gets up and answers the phone while James is taking care of Lucy.

"James. Its for you." Marisa call out.

James puts Lucy down in her seat and goes over to the phone while Marisa walks back to take care of Lucy.

"Hello?" Asks James.

"Mr President, we've got a situation and we need you in the office as soon as possible, we have a serious threat and it could be nuclear" Replies the caller.

"Who is this? Hello? Are you still there?" Asks James.

He puts the phone down onto the table, thinking to himself.

"James," Marisa calls out, "Who was it?"

"Umm, just someone from the office, just have to talk about the war again," Replies James, "Ill be back in about an hour"

James left quickly heading towards the office.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James walked through the doors to the office to be met by Defence Minister and Admiral.

"Why did you call me down here?" Asks James

"Sonar has picked up at least one submarine 5 kilometres off the shore," Answers the Admiral, "We've attempted to make contact with it but weve got nothing back and its believed to be a part of Dralka's navy or one of its allies"

The Defence Minister continues, "And we believe it is carrying nuclear missiles that could easily be launched against us. Sir, were looking at a serious threat to the safety to Creatle, the admiral and I have both agreed its in our best decision we sink it before it can launch anything"

James thinks for a minute, "Are you absolutely sure it is not one of ours? I don’t want to sink one a priceless nuclear sub that would be much needed if Dralka is to invade"

"Sir'" Replies the Admiral, "All of our subs are in the harbour."

"Ok, launch a cruise missile and blow it out of the water" Orders James.

"Yes Sir" Replies the Admiral and Defence Minister.

Both men leave the room shortly followed by the President who walks back to his armoured convoy that will take him to his house.

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Aboard CNS Tracker
Flagship, 18th Cenerian Expeditionary Fleet

Rear Admiral Kenneth Nicholson opened one eye and glared at the door of his cabin through the murky half-light given off by the fixed desk lamp. The annoying knock came again, and Nicholson resigned himself to waking up.

"I thought I asked not to be disturbed!" he grumbled as he rolled off of the small bed and stepped to answer the door. The commander of the eight-ship 18th Expeditionary Fleet opened the wooden door and glared disapprovingly at the young messenger who stood outside. "What requires my attention at this untimely hour?" he asked, trying to be polite despite his foul mood at being awakened at 0213 hours.

"I'm sorry, sir," said the messenger apologetically. "Naval Command just forwarded us a message from Skandova. Their 17th Tactical Fleet is heading for the waters north of Dralka, and we are ordered to meet up with them and establish a joint command in the event that aggression becomes necessary."

Nicholson nodded once. "Is that all?" he asked, raising a single eyebrow at least a foot, or so it appeared to the unnerved messenger.

"No, sir. Moray reports that her number five torpedo tube is currently inoperable. A torpedo came loose and banged up a couple of valves, but there was no bulkhead breach and the damage is limited. She is down to only five tubes now."

"Is that it?" asked the admiral again, his voice dripping sarcasm.

"Um, yes sir." The messenger, obviously inexperienced, started to salute. Nicholson immediately stopped him.

"The Navy doesn't salute indoors, remember?"

Yes, sir. Sorry, sir," replied the messenger, looking at the grey-painted steel deck.

Nicholson clapped him once on the shoulder. "You'll get used to it. Please inform the captain that I would prefer to not be awakened again, unless war is declared, we are torpedoed, or some other calamity of that magnitude. You can go."

"Yes, sir." The messenger turned and hurried off down the corridor. Nicholson turned back into his stateroom and gently closed the door, chuckling. He sat on the edge of his bed and glanced at the clock on the wall. 0215 hours, he thought. How time will fly when we get to Dralka.

Strangely, he was looking forwards to this assignment. The environment was very much like that of his own, the seas just as unpredictable and cold, the skies just as fearsome and unforgiving. Dralka was around one hundred miles further north than Ceneria, as evidenced by the ice sheets, but the conditions would be very similar to those that he was used to in his home waters. The only difference that at home, his enemy did not shoot to kill. Here, that was a very real and terrifying possibility.

Nicholson laid back down and closed his eyes. Very soon, now, he would be dealing with more than just interruption by midnight messages.

Dralka
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dralka » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:27 pm

The Keep of the Ascendant

The Marshall had a certain fire in her eyes as she read through the message from Scandova. They were not the fires of hatred or anger, it was not as bright as that. It was a dim burning, those of frustration. No matter how she portrayed the situation, it would be a showing of weakness to move back to their previous borders, unopposed. The territories were technically part of theirs now, and to just give it up would be like putting a single bear against a pack of wolves. The people would take it was weakness, undeniably in the peoples eyes. They would see it as their country falling back into ruin, back to when the thralls of a falling consul were selling land they needed in an attempt to set the country back on track.

Most of all, it would be a blow to the prestige of the Ravens, and the government as a whole. They would become the clowns of Niskas, their proud heritage overshadowed by their pathetic attempt at a conquest. If wasn’t going to withdraw her forces, she was going to have to at the very least make the others think she was capitulating or giving up, but her soldier background kept her honest. It was a downside to be being a soldier-politician. You were indoctrinated into not lying, for the sake of your entire squad. Your honor demanded that you say what you think about the situation, not what you think people would want to hear.

She decided to herself that we would not withdraw. Doing so would invoke the wrath of the people, and the nation would be like a babe set upon by wolves if anyone wished to take advantage of it.

Aganda Val; Sare Dralka, Dralka

The city of Aganda Val was a relatively quiet city. It wasn’t an industrial city, wasn’t a center of diplomatic affairs, wasn’t a place where soldiers were trained, or where trade was centered. It was an engineering city. Inventors and intellectuals had flocked to the city from across the north of the country to the small city.

There was still snow in the city, although it would have been better to ask if there ever wasn’t. People walked is winter coats across the well kept sidewalks, bars were few and far between, but popular where they were. It was a profitable business if one knew where to place them. This would be the place most people would expect the testing of medicines and drugs for human use, but those people would be guessing wrong. The city of medicine was Asin Keep; the place military science sounded like it would be prominent, but it was just the opposite.

Aganda Val was a city of military development. Rifles, body armors, tank designs, missile development. The thing no one suspected here was the Hunter Project. The Project had been the first attempt by Dralkar officials to create their own aircraft, and was kept heavily underwraps. Outside of the scientists and pilots who tested the aircraft only The Marshall and the Defense Minister knew it existed.

One of the test pilots was a man by the name of Kein Ovras. He was a man of average height, with thick black hair. His skin looked unhealthily pale, and he had analytical ice blue eyes. He looked like the classic Dralkar. Ovras had graduated from the Dralkar Air Force at the very top of his class, his counterpart was his rival from the academy. To him, his rival was a daemonette. Strikingly beautiful at first glance, but horrifying in person.

The woman always wore a cloth mask that went under her shirt. Many knew her story, and why she was so bitter, but it was something Kein purposely forgotten. Ovras was in his black flight suit. On the right arm was his personal emblem, a Joker stuck into a black skull, with two axes in the background, surrounded by a cream base.

He stood in the elevator that would bring him to the underground hanager. He was just happy he was scheduled for the first flight, if their were any issues, Aris Rikan wouldn’t be able to fly either, unlike a few days ago. The numbers on the elevator slowly dropped, until going to a floor that was named Secure Deck DR-7-1. Before the door opened he was confined to retinal scan. He pressed his eye to the scanner and after the brief sound of unlocking doors and buzzing the elevator door opened.

He stepped onto a platform that resembled a dais, but where members of a council might have stood their were heavily armed guards, armed with PDWs and semi-automatic shotguns. Perfect weapons for the closed in cavern, in addition to a few light machine guns. No one got inside without permission, and very few had permission to even know what deck the aviation testing was taking place. Most workers in the aeronautics facility only knew that testing for some kind of fighter was underway from one of the below ground decks.

“Call-sign.” One of the military guards stepped in front of him, his face covered by a skimask, and his eyes being a merciless black.

“Joker.” Ovras replied, staring into the man’s eyes.

“Identification.”

“Exarch Kein Ovras, Seventy-eighth Air Division, Second Air Test Squadron.” The guard got of his way and allowed him to pass. Ovras didn’t like the formality and security of the Hunter Program, but he knew it was necessary. He stepped from the raised platform from a set of metal stairs that were bolted into the granite cave that exit was a mile out of the city, with a high security runway and camouflage nets. No one was to know about the program unless they saw the aircraft is flight.

The cavern was lit by a multitude of LED lights along the walkways, and on the ceiling. Ovras liked testing the aircraft code named Angel 886. It looked like it had the nose of an SU-35, and the body of an F/A-22, but made proportional.

Steps from behind him echoed through the cavern as he looked at the aircraft, slowly circling it. “You are really eager to get started aren’t you?” The scientist’s name was Doctor Herrick Zaltan, sharing the last name of one of the better known generals of the First War who had been named Marrick Zaltan.

“More than you can imagine.” Kein replied.

“You will be happy to hear that the engine troubles have been solved. It took a few days to find out what the issue was on the second craft, but we did finally figure out. The pip and been stressed from the super-sonic tests from the Daemonette runs. It had been a small fracture, but it had set the fuel lines slightly out of place, which could have been fatal.” The doctor replied, sounding very pleased with himself and his little enclave, as Ovras liked to call the group of five scientists.

“Will I be able to fly today.”

“Without a doubt. Daemon’s sister hasn’t arrived yet, but you can surely get started.” Everyone had heard about the Angels of Death flight lead. He had scored no less than thirty-seven kills, and upwards of twenty-two unconfirmed kills in eight sorties.

“Who said I wasn’t here yet?” A voiced that sounded perpetually in pain echoed. Both of them looked behind in surprise as the tall woman turned from the alcove she had been standing in.

“How the--” Kein cut himself off before he cursed.

“I had no idea you were here Ms. Rikan.”

“No worries.” For a brief moment each of them had seen her badly scarred slower face. Third degree burns, and at least one blade wound. Aris had been one of the many victims of an arson attack on her high school, and she had been carted out it was evident someone had kill her, for reasons still unknown. Many suspected it had been the goal of several conservatives to eliminate the young radical who had made a name for herself quickly. She had turned twenty a month before, but nothing to show for it. She had become an outcast after her wounds, and had began being more bitter from it, but her bitterness had been lessening each time she flew, which had been a relief for many of them.

“Board her when ready.” Dr. Zaltan said turning to Ovras. Ovras quickly got into the comfortable cockpit of the aircraft, a grin on his race as it was wheeled towards the runway. Testing went on that day without an issue, beginning redos of the supersonic tests to make sure the fuel injection systems were working properly.

To: The Capitalist Republic of Scandova

I unfortunately must refuse moving back to my pre-war boundaries. I understand that you not be able to condone it, but it is out of my hands. I can not withdraw to the prewar borders. I would not expect a non-Dralkar or Dagon to understand the politics of Northern Niskas, or the cultures we are a part of.

It saddens me to say that I can not withdraw, but it will not keep me from being prepared to defend the lands.
God Bless your spirits,
Signed
Marshall Averi Zandelse

I will say I do not know a whole lot about how naval combat works, so I would be willing you guys 'control' the Dralkar vessels during the possible battles as long it would be unbiased.
Last edited by Dralka on Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roman Catholic

~ Abraham Lincoln

Scandova
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scandova » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:42 am

OOC: It's alright, I'm no expert in naval warfare either. Just follow along and you should find yourself understanding before long.

It is with great regret that we must announce all closing of diplomatic relations with your nation at this time. Should the situation continue to escalate, our forces are ready and on full alert to respond. We will consider any further aggression against your continental neighbors an act of war against the peoples of Scandova.

Signed,
President Jakob Sorokin

Adis Vaza, Scandova
March 28th, 2015

The sound of klaxons cut into the crisp March air, a stark contrast to the almost absolute silence that had permeated the Adis Vaza Airborne Base just before. The men of the Scandovan 52nd Airborne quickly, in full gear, exited their barracks and fell into Platoon sized units, as their training had instructed them to do in such a situation.

After what seemed like hours had passed, a voice came on across the loudspeakers of the base.

"Gentleman, as I am sure you are aware, tensions with Dralka over its aggression and occupation of territories on the Niskas continent have exploded within the past week. Our final ultimatum was offered, and, effectively, refused. You will have half an hour pending the ending of this announcement to gather your supplies and load up. We will be transferred to the suoercarriers of the 17th Tactical pending offensive action. For the foreseeable future, we are going to war."
"The cause of freedom is not the cause of a race or sect, a party or class - it is the cause of humankind, the very birthright of humanity." ~ Anna Julia Cooper

The Supreme Order of Divinity
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Order of Divinity » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:58 am

We formally request that Dralka withdraws all of her troops and military forces from its neighbors imminently. Such aggression is threatening Imperial Standard assets in other nations. Failure to comply will result in breakdown of diplomatic relations, embargo, and will possibly result in war. Along with our demands, we request a surrender tribute for inconvenience of 500 million divine credits per year until reconstruction can be finished. Your current actions are frowned upon, however we wish we reach a resolution soon.

Our words are backed with nuclear weapons.

Sincerely,

His Majesty, the Emperor of the Order, CEO and owner of the Imperial Standard Corporation.

Scandova
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scandova » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:04 pm

To: The Supreme Order of Divinity

Be aware that your assets will be taken under the responsibility of and protected by both the forces of Scandova and Ceneria should further hostilities break out. However, we find your immediate threat of nuclear force both distasteful and completely unnecessary. If you wish to commit conventional forces to the keeping of peace in the Niskas, we encourage you, but any further threat of nuclear force will be met with sanctions.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Order of Divinity » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:49 pm

Scandova wrote:

Be aware that your assets will be taken under the responsibility of and protected by both the forces of Scandova and Ceneria should further hostilities break out. However, we find your immediate threat of nuclear force both distasteful and completely unnecessary. If you wish to commit conventional forces to the keeping of peace in the Niskas, we encourage you, but any further threat of nuclear force will be met with sanctions.

Alex was giddy with the thought of a short and glorious war, where he shall take place in the liberation of a rogue state. He checked up on the current stats and the more he looked, the more happier he felt. Navel ships were prepped to attack at any moment, 2 million troops were prepared to launch secondary attacks. Thousands of IS-75 unmanned fighters and IS-15b heavy bombers were armed and set for launch. Salvos upon salvos of missiles were pointed at the rogue state. Alex felt ready for this war. He was even excited to fight. He was one of the best equipped soldiers in the world, with advanced powered suit allowing him to carry heavy weapons and heavier advanced armor. Of course, he knew never to underestimate the enemy. But he knew from intel that the enemy was less equipped then he was.
Last edited by The Supreme Order of Divinity on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dralka
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dralka » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:52 pm

The Supreme Order of Divinity wrote:
Scandova wrote:

The liberation order was not a surprise. His Majesty had been building up to it with speeches for a while. Alex was chosen as 1 of 1 million that shall restore peace in the region. Within 1 hour of the liberation order, soldiers were mobilized to transports. Within 4 hours a full task force was sent. Within 10 hours, they had successfully. made land fall in Dralka. Alex was chosen to guard his
team's outpost. He felt safe in his standard issue Knight class Divine Battlesuit. Fit with a powerful gating gun on his arm, he could defend against a lot. When he was deployed, he was told that the enemy was poorly equipped compared to them, and that victory would only be a short jump ahead. However, he was told at training never to underestimate the enemy. Suddenly, his proximity sensors went off, and he quickly turned around. A squad of soldiers had counterattacked his site. Alex reved up his arm mounted gating gun and fired. The soldiers took their aim and fired back, but the bullets bounced off of his armor harmlessly. He gunned down the soldiers, stopping only to let the cooling system catchup to his gun. At the end, a pile of bodies lied in front of him. Alex smiled. If the soldiers were really this underwhelming, then this war will be shorter than he thougt.

This is strictly MT, and you can not just land troops w/o ever sending them.

Roman Catholic

~ Abraham Lincoln

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Order of Divinity » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:58 pm

Dralka wrote:
The Supreme Order of Divinity wrote:
The liberation order was not a surprise. His Majesty had been building up to it with speeches for a while. Alex was chosen as 1 of 1 million that shall restore peace in the region. Within 1 hour of the liberation order, soldiers were mobilized to transports. Within 4 hours a full task force was sent. Within 10 hours, they had successfully. made land fall in Dralka. Alex was chosen to guard his
team's outpost. He felt safe in his standard issue Knight class Divine Battlesuit. Fit with a powerful gating gun on his arm, he could defend against a lot. When he was deployed, he was told that the enemy was poorly equipped compared to them, and that victory would only be a short jump ahead. However, he was told at training never to underestimate the enemy. Suddenly, his proximity sensors went off, and he quickly turned around. A squad of soldiers had counterattacked his site. Alex reved up his arm mounted gating gun and fired. The soldiers took their aim and fired back, but the bullets bounced off of his armor harmlessly. He gunned down the soldiers, stopping only to let the cooling system catchup to his gun. At the end, a pile of bodies lied in front of him. Alex smiled. If the soldiers were really this underwhelming, then this war will be shorter than he thougt.

This is strictly MT, and you can not just land troops w/o ever sending them.

OOC

Apologies, let me make a few edits...

Dralka
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dralka » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:30 pm

Ser Avon; Plaza of the Sanguine

The crowd was immense, each person of Dralka eager to know what was coming. Summaries of the messages had been sent to the public, and they knew the situation. It would have been jaw dropping for someone who did not know the ways of the Dralkar, that the people supported the fact they had not withdrawn. The crowds were happier then ever, more than jubilant.

It was an incredible sight to anyone had been watching. Camera crews were close to the front as Averi approached the podium with the empty platform behind it. Her eyes were burning fiercely, she felt as if the outsiders had dishonored her people when they threatened her with war and had ordered her withdrawal. War was not something that the Dralkar were afraid of, and to the dismay of many who had tried to conquer them. Death was not something many of them feared, and with the resurgence of the old culture would not be diminishing that.

Those that knew her, knew the expression her face. It was wrath. In the eyes of Dralkar fury was considered one of the purest emotions, as when you are that angry, nothing is hidden.

“My friends and fellow citizens! Today we prepare ourselves for the worst. We will make any outsider of Niskas comes into our lands in pay in blood. These people do NOT know what our honor demands! They Do NOT know what it means to look at failing right in their own eyes and overcoming it!”

The people cheered in approval. Ships were already positioning themselves in the Straights, prepared to fight to the bitter and deadly end with any vessel they spotted. Defenses were being erected all across the country, the Air Force put on high alert. They knew that war was upon them, and they would not go down quietly.

“WE will prove our might to these people, prove that we are stronger than they believe. They can already taste their victory, but the fools will know they were wrong when they tatse their own blood! They think we are WEAK…” She let her words trail off for a moment. “But we are STRONG! They come to remove the progress we have made. The damned Kingdom will likely try and take advantage of this. Try and the lands of our ancestors. We will know our victory.” She bowed her head, almost as if one some que their was a roll of thunder in the distance; another storm was coming.

She raised her head, her face was calm again. “The Federation will not fall while any of us defend it. We fight for more than our lands. They disgrace our culture, dishonor us. They threaten us with war. They know very little of our ways.”

“I will not be the starter of this war.” She shook her head, looking at the crowd as a cracks of lightning appeared in the distant clouds. “If they wish to fight us, they will have to come to us. Our brave men and women at arms already begin creating defenses. This will not be another Second War. We will not be forced to surrender, give in to defeat. If they want a war, we will oblige them.” It began drizzling, but no one dispersed from the speech.

“The Ascendent is with us. The Angels of Doom are with us. The Angels of Death will guide our soldiers, and God will send our fallen to the Halls of Glory!” She paused again.

“The Federation will live on! Dralka will last! For our great nation!” She turned away, her crimson hair blowing behind her in the growing wind. She left, her people cheering behind her before they seemed to remember that a storm was coming.

Keep of the Ascendant

Averi stormed into the building, followed closely by Cassandra. Minister Grastan tried to talk to her, but she kept walking. “Madam! Marshall! Please.” Averi turned towards him.

“What is it…” She replied, her voice seeming almost like a predatory growl.

“Our lines are being prepared as fast as they can be. We simply need more time.”

“It is time we do not have. Time we can not spare. Time that we do not have. Time that is not on our side.”

“It will take more than a short time to navigate the straights and our vessels can by us time. We have time.” Averi nodded, slowly.

-Sorry shorter the Normal. Kinda distracted.-

Roman Catholic

~ Abraham Lincoln

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Order of Divinity » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:05 pm

The Emperor walks into the light upon the Imperial Podium, overseeing the entire capital. Towering above it is a giant statue of His Majesty himself, and shining jewel of Divinian architectural ingenuity. His Majesty begins his speech in front of a crowd of millions of spectators, with ISM news broadcasters recording the whole event. He begins to speak.

"Fellow citizens of the Order! Today, we are faced with a threat to our nation. A rogue state is threatening Imperial Standard in foreign countries!When Imperial Standard is threatened, YOU are threatened. That's right, you citizens of the safest nation on the planet, are threatened. We must act. We have begun war preparation procedure, and labor mobilization begins soon. Soon, we shall exterminate these imperialist wannabes from our clean Earth!We shall liberate their lands and annex them and add them to our great nation! They shall be crushed by our superior force! We shall let the world know that aggregation against the Order shall not be tolerated! We are the One Above All! We are the Supreme Order of Divinity!"

A loud, unified cheer for the nation can be heard, with a chat of the national slogan. ISM news broadcasters have broadcast the whole thing to other major world news station, to let the support flow.

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:34 pm

The Falcon's Roost
State Residence of the President of Ceneria

President Samuel L. McLaughlin watched the large television screen mounted on the wall intently, studying the face of his new opponent. He listened as she roused her people, and he listened as her people redoubled their cheers.

“The Ascendent is with us. The Angels of Doom are with us. The Angels of Death will guide our soldiers, and God will send our fallen to the Halls of Glory! The Federation will live on! Dralka will last! For our great nation!”

McLaughlin watched as the woman turned and left the stage, and continued to stare at the screen for a moment even after it flashed to black. He glanced over his left shoulder. "What do you think, John?" He asked quietly.

Colonel John Radford, the President's head military advisor, shook his head. "They are obviously completely behind their leader. They sam to think that it God is on their side, and that it is their destiny to dominate the Niskas continent. That could be an extremely difficult thing to deal with.

"To quote historian Jacob Meenan, 'If you manage to dehumanize your enemies, you have made them no harder to kill than a bug.' I am afraid that this is far more effective than that. Dehumanizing your enemies can be reversed. If you show them that you are human, and are better people than their leaders, then you can reverse their allegiance. In this situation, however, we are the enemies of God. I very much doubt that you will ever be able to reverse that. This will be a fight to the last man."

McLaughin nodded, wearing a look of concern on his face. "Get me a meeting with General Thompson. We have to consider the possibility of deploying land forces to Dralka. Oh, and get Admiral Kimmerly to fly up from Virinián. We'll need his advice for the placement of our ships."

"Yes, Mr. President." Radford strode from the room, closing the large pine door softly behind him. The President rose from the comfortable chair, releasing a groan as he did so. He tucked his naval cap under his arm, and walked to the room's window. Looking out through the midmorning light, he could see downtown Alpine in the distance. The capital of Ceneria was bustling, and he watched as a large aircraft flew over the city and descended towards Alpine International Airport.

The airplane gave him an idea. With a sudden spring in his step, the president left the room and walked to his office. There, he picked up the phone and waited for his secretary.

"Yes, sir?" came the question after a moment.

"Good morning, Emily. Could you get me General Burns over at Tactical Air Command?"

"Certainly, sir. One moment." The line went dead, and McLaughlin waited.

Less than a minute later, the phone buzzed, and General Joseph Burns, Commanding officer of Cenerian Tactical Air Command, spoke. "Good morning, Mister President. This is General Burns."

"Good morning, General," McLaughlin replied, leaning back in his comfortable chair and spinning to face the plate-glass window looking out at the mountains. "I'm calling to discuss the possibility of dispatching a squadron of FAR-31s and one of AH-72s to Dralka to monitor the situation over there."

"Okay," came the reply. "Let me see what we have available." Moments later, the General was back. "Sir, the 96th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron is ready to be deployed right now, sitting dormant at AFB Fort Nevian. We also have the 12th Helicopter Attack wing ready for combat, also at Fort Nevian."

"Perfect. How soon can we get them to Dralka?"

"Well, the helicopters would all have to be transported on either an aircraft carrier, none of which are available, or in a transport aircraft. If we do use transports, we could route them through AFB Saint Claire, down on Saint Claire Island. That's about two fifths of the way to Dralka. The fighters could fly the same route on their own."

"Okay. All of your aircraft and pilots are ready to be deployed?"

"Yes sir. Do we have a friendly base acceptably close to Dralka?"

"Hmm," mused McLaughlin, chewing his lip for a moment. "Actually, no at the present. That's isn't good, is it?"

"That would prove to be a problem, sir," Burns agreed. McLaughlin could just about see the general's wide smile as he heard him chuckling over the secure telephone.

"You worry about prepping your aircraft and crew, I'll worry about getting them a base."

"Certainly, sir. When do you want them ready?"

"Well, that depends on when I can get them a base. I'd day no later than next Wednesday."

"Yes, sir. They'll be ready to kick some Dralkar tail by then for sure."

"Great. Thank you very much, General."

"My pleasure, Mister President. Have a nice day."

"You too, General." McLaughlin replaced the phone and grinned. He had his aircraft. Now all he needed was a place to put them.

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:18 pm

OOC: Can somoen fill me in on what has happened, ive been away on the weekend.

Creatle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creatle » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:07 pm

Code: Select all
To: Scandova
Subject: An Alliance

Dear President Sorokin

It has come to my attention that an recent conflict between Dralka and its neibouring nations has attracted your attention. I have a proposal as I wish to end this war, but I fear a peaceful ending is long behind us. So I ask for an alliance between the UPR and the Republic of Scandova, the treaty will allow the following changes to the UPR and Republic of Scandova:

1. Open borders allowing the movement of military and supplies through each nations territory.
2. A war pact guaranteeing peace with the UPR and Scandova now and after the war.
3. To establish a trade link between the UPR and Scandova

As I am sure this may be changed in the future but I have sent this for the greater good for all.

Regards President James Silver

Dralka
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dralka » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:16 pm

Coastline of the Avon Sa, Two Miles from the Avon Vul; Defensive Post Theta-7

It was spring. Rain season, storm season. Or in the minds of those preparing the defenses, damn muddy season. The rain was not helping in the creation of trenches and fox holes. It was raining for the third day in a row. Exarch Evan Dregar was looking out of a recently created bunker built inside of a hill. It was a stronghold of sorts. Small artillery pieces and heavy machine guns were inside of it, although they wouldn't be wheeled into battle positions when an enemy was spotted.

Wood creaked underfoot as the sounds of shovels digging echoed through the coast. The waves were heavy outside and were higher than normal. He shook his head. The Autarch would not be pleased with the progress they were making, but they were moving as fast as they could. His eyes were an eerie shade of green, the rest of his face hidden behind a mask to protect his face from wind. He didn’t like the waiting, he never did.

Dregar was a fighter, born and raised as a warrior. He preferred a small hatchet as his melee weapon to the normal dagger, and his CZ-805 should signs of his personality. He had carved a winged skull onto the handguard, and the emblem of the Ascendant; an angel wing with a claw protruding from it, sometimes holding a sword, other times a skull, embedded into it’s grip.

He gave off an aura of dominance, more than one of his platoon had felt the strength of their commander’s punch for disobeying him. His men had his respect for it, but it didn’t mean they liked him. They would follow him to hell and back because he had proven to know how to keep them alive, but he was not seen in good picture by his men.

He looked in the direction of his communication officer, and the officer knew he was being summoned without a word. Guardsman Valdrat approached him silently, and presented his back. He cycled through the frequencies until he found the one he wanted. He had to make his daily report to the Autarch who was in charged with leading the 89th Infantry Regiment, and tasked with defending positions Theta-1 through Theta-27, and it was well known to her that Theta-7 had the smallest number of troops at it.

She expected the position to perform as well as the other small positions with fewer men, which is why she had appointed Dregar as the leader of it. He was ruthless, efficient, and followed his orders to an outstanding mark. “This is Position Theta dash Seven. Iron Breaker Company, Third Platoon, Exarch Dregar. Construction of defenses it being hindered by the storms, but it is progressing. Defenses should be sufficient in two days time, but useable in a day.” His voice was almost gaunt, and his words were said slowly.

“This is Autarch Zenith. Continue with operations. May the Ascendant be with you. Good luck.”

The exarch looked out. It would be a good fight, he thought to himself.

I am having some issues with writing at the moment. I am very sorry for the last two posts being incredibly short.

Roman Catholic

~ Abraham Lincoln

Scandova
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scandova » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:58 pm

OOC: Quick bump and post here guys, sorry for inactivity on my part. Making a big post here pretty soon.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents