NATION

PASSWORD

Rising Strength II; The Shadow Election (Sunalaya Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:25 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
Rezua wrote:

Ymira actually burst into laughter, the only one in the room doing so, and said "Sierra, I'm an empress. If I want a big army I can get one. In a seriousness we all know what's coming. War with the Soivets, I must be ready for when they strike."

The room was quiet. The sound of Ymira's laughing echoing around the room. Sierra stood still, not sure what to say, until she heard the "ding". It was a memory that seemed to be with her whenever she had a tough choice to make. Sierra put her hand on Ymira's shoulder. "Rhodevus stands behind your decision."

Ymira

Ymira smiled "Wonderful. Finally, a Western nation that sees Rezua as a legitimate nation. If this was revised, that is a Western nation, decided to expand and I was against them they'd ignore me. So then why do they think they can control me? When was I ever taken seriously before the war? And now that I am serious it appears no one likes that either. They preferred to have me as their little fool they could do anything with." A woman walked into the room "Ma'am Empress, The Prime Minister wants to speak with you." Ymira nodded "Tell that Soviet Puppet I'll have him meet me in my office ASAP." The woman left the room and Ymira turned to Sierra "I must go now but perhaps we can talk about this more. How about over dinner?" Ymira however, left before being answered and got back to her office. Her phone was ringing just as she stepped in and she picked up "Hello? Oh...yes hello naval commander." Then Ymira's angry voice boomed throughout the 5th floor. "They did what!! Soviet bastards!" Ymira furiously pounded on her phone's buttons and growled "Mary, get Mr. Miron in here right now.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

United Soviet Jason Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Ethan Miron

Dressed in a suit Ethan entered the room and promptly bowed down to show respect. Behind him his aids did the same. He rose up and took several steps forward. "My Emperess, it is good to see you. I am sorry it is on these tidings. I have heard the reports that you have sent a vessel to colonize lands and that you request me to come before you. I have reports from several nations on the matter to give to you," he added, glimpsing at the papers in his hands.
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:56 pm

United Soviet Jason Republic wrote:Ethan Miron

Dressed in a suit Ethan entered the room and promptly bowed down to show respect. Behind him his aids did the same. He rose up and took several steps forward. "My Emperess, it is good to see you. I am sorry it is on these tidings. I have heard the reports that you have sent a vessel to colonize lands and that you request me to come before you. I have reports from several nations on the matter to give to you," he added, glimpsing at the papers in his hands.

"I shall take those papers after you tell me what happened in Port Asgar. Sir Edward Grigsmar called me to say Soviet vessels are blocking our navy from leaving. What's worst is that the Smoyans chased our 3 ships away from our New Land with their navy." Ymira looked at Ethan with a hard face "Being a former soldier of Ophion I know how you feel for the Soviets. And having your wife in the hospital tells me you didn't like our civil war. You must pick a side Miron, war is coming. Are you with Rezua or The Jason Republic. If you're with me leave those papers on my desk and order the Soviets to leave Port Asgar."

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Rezua wrote:"I shall take those papers after you tell me what happened in Port Asgar. Sir Edward Grigsmar called me to say Soviet vessels are blocking our navy from leaving. What's worst is that the Smoyans chased our 3 ships away from our New Land with their navy." Ymira looked at Ethan with a hard face "Being a former soldier of Ophion I know how you feel for the Soviets. And having your wife in the hospital tells me you didn't like our civil war. You must pick a side Miron, war is coming. Are you with Rezua or The Jason Republic. If you're with me leave those papers on my desk and order the Soviets to leave Port Asgar."

"My leige, I am unaware of the soviets blockading any ports. The reports are here," he replied at once in a shaken voice, handing Ymira the papers. "The Soviets reported to us that they dispatched ships to turn our colonization fleet around. Something that I agree with. Not only did you not inform me of your actions you will waste billions of dollars we do not have on infrastructure that would do better at home. What overpopulation is there? And if you think there is overpopulation then why are you not addressing it directly? My wife is dear to me and I want the best for the people, my leige."
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:22 pm

United Soviet Jason Republic wrote:
Rezua wrote:"I shall take those papers after you tell me what happened in Port Asgar. Sir Edward Grigsmar called me to say Soviet vessels are blocking our navy from leaving. What's worst is that the Smoyans chased our 3 ships away from our New Land with their navy." Ymira looked at Ethan with a hard face "Being a former soldier of Ophion I know how you feel for the Soviets. And having your wife in the hospital tells me you didn't like our civil war. You must pick a side Miron, war is coming. Are you with Rezua or The Jason Republic. If you're with me leave those papers on my desk and order the Soviets to leave Port Asgar."

"My leige, I am unaware of the soviets blockading any ports. The reports are here," he replied at once in a shaken voice, handing Ymira the papers. "The Soviets reported to us that they dispatched ships to turn our colonization fleet around. Something that I agree with. Not only did you not inform me of your actions you will waste billions of dollars we do not have on infrastructure that would do better at home. What overpopulation is there? And if you think there is overpopulation then why are you not addressing it directly? My wife is dear to me and I want the best for the people, my leige."

"I didn't need to tell you. Any necessary or important action for Rezua may be done by me at anything. And this is not colonization. I'm creating new land for Rezua, unclaimed by any nation. It's therefore mine. Also, how much of a fool do you take me for Mr. Miron? And right to my face too. Of course I wouldn't start building on it yet. I haven't even rebuilt my palace, Eomeria is top priority. As is the rest of the damage. I'd station 10,000 troops overseas to guard it, then build on it when ready. Workers would have jobs for years. Look around you Mr. Miron, Rezua is too small. Maybe not too small for our population but way to small for our egos. More land would give us room to grow and a bigger influence over the world." Ymira paused as if to stop then added coldly. "And how else could I stop overpopulation? Are you suggesting a 1 child only policy? Or perhaps you wanted me to revive the Gestapo to carry off my own people in the night?"

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:35 pm

Rezua wrote:
"I didn't need to tell you. Any necessary or important action for Rezua may be done by me at anything. And this is not colonization. I'm creating new land for Rezua, unclaimed by any nation. It's therefore mine. Also, how much of a fool do you take me for Mr. Miron? And right to my face too. Of course I wouldn't start building on it yet. I haven't even rebuilt my palace, Eomeria is top priority. As is the rest of the damage. I'd station 10,000 troops overseas to guard it, then build on it when ready. Workers would have jobs for years. Look around you Mr. Miron, Rezua is too small. Maybe not too small for our population but way to small for our egos. More land would give us room to grow and a bigger influence over the world." Ymira paused as if to stop then added coldly. "And how else could I stop overpopulation? Are you suggesting a 1 child only policy? Or perhaps you wanted me to revive the Gestapo to carry off my own people in the night?"

"This action is too important. Why are we spending money overseas when we should be spending it here!" the Prime Minister replied back sharply. "Do you think we can just pick up and leave? We can't run away from this we have to fix the problems. Claiming land doesn't bode well for anyone in this day of age! Why put troops overseas when they can help rebuild! Stop crime and do more at home! Rezua is not small! We are will face food and housing problems in the decades to come because you refuse to invest at home. The civil war has put our economy in ruin and spending money overseas will not cure the problems at home! We are not overpopulated! We are not! We have a medium density! If it was suck a massive problem than it would be obvious. If it is such a problem yes, we can instate birth control laws, or just promote it in general! We can do more than be Imperialist!"
Jamestown Journal

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:43 pm

Rezua wrote:

"This action is too important. Why are we spending money overseas when we should be spending it here!" the Prime Minister replied back sharply. "Do you think we can just pick up and leave? We can't run away from this we have to fix the problems. Claiming land doesn't bode well for anyone in this day of age! Why put troops overseas when they can help rebuild! Stop crime and do more at home! Rezua is not small! We are will face food and housing problems in the decades to come because you refuse to invest at home. The civil war has put our economy in ruin and spending money overseas will not cure the problems at home! We are not overpopulated! We are not! We have a medium density! If it was suck a massive problem than it would be obvious. If it is such a problem yes, we can instate birth control laws, or just promote it in general! We can do more than be Imperialist!"

"Get out of my office this instant. How dare you come into my office and criticize me when you have no solution. You just say what we should do. If you judge me give me a goddamn solution! You didn't even answer the questions I asked you. And no I don't expect people to move, only the homeless will. And there's plenty of them. But think about it, more land for rich people to build mansions on. People will move, it's just a matter of time before they see the slums of our cities. Our cities are a disgrace, they should all be destroyed and made into suburbs. Sunalaya can go screw itself for all I care, I care only for my country, for my people. Now get out." Ymira knocked all the papers onto the floor "Tell that to the Soviets." Ymira said, clearly out of breath. Ymira didn't look so well. Then she added "Oh, and if you ever try to use money on space I'll veto it to hell. Go. Now."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:20 pm

Rezua wrote:
"Get out of my office this instant. How dare you come into my office and criticize me when you have no solution. You just say what we should do. If you judge me give me a goddamn solution! You didn't even answer the questions I asked you. And no I don't expect people to move, only the homeless will. And there's plenty of them. But think about it, more land for rich people to build mansions on. People will move, it's just a matter of time before they see the slums of our cities. Our cities are a disgrace, they should all be destroyed and made into suburbs. Sunalaya can go screw itself for all I care, I care only for my country, for my people. Now get out." Ymira knocked all the papers onto the floor "Tell that to the Soviets." Ymira said, clearly out of breath. Ymira didn't look so well. Then she added "Oh, and if you ever try to use money on space I'll veto it to hell. Go. Now."

"I am an elected official and you shall treat me as a representative of the people. Unlike you I wasn't born into power! Do you think I know what slums are? I lived in them! Do you think I know what the people are going through! I do! Do we leave and quit! No! I don't plan to spend anything anywhere else but on terra firma, this terra firma. We need to invest in our cities, spur development and growth! That is why I was elected! Are you insane! Do you want the rich to be happy! Then by all means go. Go and leave. You can take your upper crust and get the hell out of this country but by god I will fix this place if it is the only thing I do in life." Ethan stood, defiant of the Emperess's wishes for him to leave.
Jamestown Journal

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:31 pm

Rezua wrote:

"I am an elected official and you shall treat me as a representative of the people. Unlike you I wasn't born into power! Do you think I know what slums are? I lived in them! Do you think I know what the people are going through! I do! Do we leave and quit! No! I don't plan to spend anything anywhere else but on terra firma, this terra firma. We need to invest in our cities, spur development and growth! That is why I was elected! Are you insane! Do you want the rich to be happy! Then by all means go. Go and leave. You can take your upper crust and get the hell out of this country but by god I will fix this place if it is the only thing I do in life." Ethan stood, defiant of the Emperess's wishes for him to leave.

"I'm sick of you uncivilived and ungrateful people!" Ymira roared. "I fought and killed for you people. All I ever get is mobs and hate mail. Look at this one: Empress Ymira you are a failure and it would be better if you died in the war.Do you know how hard it is for me to do this job? I've never been more miserable in my life. My blood pressure is on the threat of becoming unhealthy. Also, no one ever listens to me. Like just now when the hell did I say I was moving to the new land. The palace is staying right here. I was saying that the poor and rich alike would go. Also maybe you forgot that my own mother sighed a bill that would refuse me the crown? Oh yes, Christina was made to rule. After her would be her children, not me. Of course that bill became worthless when Christina stepped down and I was the only Everen around. Trust me if there was another Everen I wouldn't be Empress. And honesty, what power do I have. It's you the people elected, it's you they cry to. They didn't pick me, they got stuck with me. It also took winning a war for more than 58% to actually support me. They don't care about me and I'm a fool for caring for them. My job is to take all the beatings so they don't have to. But since I have the job I demand their respect and the respect of other nations to do my business just as any other person can. What did I ever do to anyone? Was I the one who shot them or their families? What I the one who set Rezua up to be a weak nation? No, but I'll tell you this, it's my fault because I never prevented it. Even when I try not to I still fail at protecting Rezua. I've failed and all everyone will do is mock me. No one even tries to help. Now if that's all Mr. Miron, I'd like to have a drink in peace." Ymira opened up her desk and pulled out a bottle and glass. However, in a moment she seemed to be angry with herself and stood up. "Actually Mr. Miron, here, take this." Ymira kicked over a box with paperwork and piled it with all the fine wine and beers the royals get. "I don't need these luxuries, please I insist that you take them." Ymira said handing Ethan the box.

OOC: I edited this.
Last edited by Rezua on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:07 pm

"Give it to the people not me," Ethan said. He would take the box and place it back on the desk. "Goodbye." The man turned and promptly left the room.
Jamestown Journal

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:58 pm

Part 3 of Interview

(Night before departure to USJR.)

"Now, we come to the matter of internal security. Or law enforcement. Whichever suits you best," said Supreme Onerius.
"I realize it is very important," said James Vitchell.
"Either you underestimate or overestimate it. Whichever it is, understand that it keeps a nation together, it prevents vigilantes from roaming around, it keeps the people in compliance with laws and keeps them safe."
"I recognize this. What about it?"
"You must make the decisions that will impact the safety of the people as a whole. You can cut funding to the police or increase it. You can militarize them or give them constable's sticks in stead of guns. What you decide to do with the police force as a national whole can impact the stability or tranquility of the nation. The decision may eventually be made that you will militarize the police in Fork River, with the problems they have, or you can tone down the police force in Odeburgh. These will impact the populations of those places, and they may help or hinder your relations with the populace."
"So if I up the police funding of Fork River, and crime is reduced, then I will have a good standing there. And if I tone down the police force in a mostly peaceful place, then I will also have good relations there."
"It also depends on the actions of the officers. Nice, helpful police officers in peaceful areas and tougher officers in less peaceful places will help you standing. And their forces must be fitted accordingly."
"I see...how do we know they were doing their jobs well?"
"Simple solution. Police cameras. Already compulsory that they be on every minute of duty."
"And now for the details?"
The Supreme nodded in agreement. "Time for the details. Wouldn't want to put too much onto you before the USJR celebrations."

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:08 pm

United Soviet Jason Republic wrote:"Give it to the people not me," Ethan said. He would take the box and place it back on the desk. "Goodbye." The man turned and promptly left the room.

Ymira nodded and handed the box to an aid. "Hand this out at a food station." Then she closed the door and sat back down. She snicked to herself and took 10 years aged Rezuan wine from a different compartment. "Bloody bastard thinks I'd actually give them all my alcohol. No, I'll let them think that. They can mock me, riot, burn my house, call me names, disrespect me, try to kill me and even take my reputation but they will never ever get my goddamned good alcohol. " Ymira poured a glass and drank up. Then she cleverly put a fake label over it, wrapped it in a basket. She hit her intercom and said "Mary, have Sierra meet me in the dinning room. Thank you."

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:24 pm

Rezua wrote:
United Soviet Jason Republic wrote:"Give it to the people not me," Ethan said. He would take the box and place it back on the desk. "Goodbye." The man turned and promptly left the room.

Ymira nodded and handed the box to an aid. "Hand this out at a food station." Then she closed the door and sat back down. She snicked to herself and took 10 years aged Rezuan wine from a different compartment. "Bloody bastard thinks I'd actually give them all my alcohol. No, I'll let them think that. They can mock me, riot, burn my house, call me names, disrespect me, try to kill me and even take my reputation but they will never ever get my goddamned good alcohol. " Ymira poured a glass and drank up. Then she cleverly put a fake label over it, wrapped it in a basket. She hit her intercom and said "Mary, have Sierra meet me in the dinning room. Thank you."

Mary opened the door to Sierra's room. Sierra was on her bed, an older man sitting on a chair nearby. "Oh, umm. Princess Sierra?"

Sierra turned to Mary, "Oh, hi." She stood up. "This is Dr. Henry Hertz, my friend and Psychologist." Dr. Hertz bowed his head.
"Empress Ymira would like to see you in the dining room."
"May I come, your highness?" Dr. Hertz said to her, in his friendly voice.
"It is fine Dr. You can go visit the city. I will be fine."
"Remember what we talked about." He said, before standing up and leaving the room.

Sierra followed Mary to the dining room. "Thank you Mary." Sierra opened the door slowly, "Hello?"
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:05 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
Rezua wrote:

Mary opened the door to Sierra's room. Sierra was on her bed, an older man sitting on a chair nearby. "Oh, umm. Princess Sierra?"

Sierra turned to Mary, "Oh, hi." She stood up. "This is Dr. Henry Hertz, my friend and Psychologist." Dr. Hertz bowed his head.
"Remember what we talked about." He said, before standing up and leaving the room.

Sierra followed Mary to the dining room. "Thank you Mary." Sierra opened the door slowly, "Hello?"

The lights had been dimmed low and candles had been lit. A white cloth was laid over the table and the table held several dishes of food. Across the table Ymira sat in one of the table's matching chairs. It was a 200 year old Royal dining set. Ymira was in an evening gown, the first time in awhile. Even a small smile. "Please sit with me Sierra." Ymira mischievously ripped the fake label off. "I kept the best for us."

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:07 pm

Rezua wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:

The lights had been dimmed low and candles had been lit. A white cloth was laid over the table and the table held several dishes of food. Across the table Ymira sat in one of the table's matching chairs. It was a 200 year old Royal dining set. Ymira was in an evening gown, the first time in awhile. Even a small smile. "Please sit with me Sierra." Ymira mischievously ripped the fake label off. "I kept the best for us."

"Oh, thank you." Sierra said, shyly taking a seat across from Ymira. "If I knew this is what we were doing, I would have changed into something nicer. So, how was your meeting with Mr. Prime Minster USJR?"
Last edited by Rhodevus on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:08 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
Rezua wrote:

"Oh, thank you." Sierra said, shyly taking a seat across from Ymira. "If I knew this is what we were doing, I would have changed into something nicer. So, how was your meeting with Mr. Prime Minster USJR?"

"It was a surprise. Never mention his name when I'm trying to have a romantic dinner. He thinks he's so much better than me because he's "suffered" with the people. Every nice thing I have is something they envy. They think I've had a perfect life. I hate them all. They don't see me as a person."

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:11 pm

Rezua wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:

"It was a surprise. Never mention his name when I'm trying to have a romantic dinner. He thinks he's so much better than me because he's "suffered" with the people. Every nice thing I have is something they envy. They think I've had a perfect life. I hate them all. They don't see me as a person."

"Well, it IS your job to be the leader. That doesn't always mean being one with the people." Sierra took a sip of wine. "Sometimes, it means to place your foot down and keep your people from killing themselves. Sometimes, it means choosing policies that may seem counterproductive now, but will benefit the country later on."
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:49 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
Rezua wrote:

"Well, it IS your job to be the leader. That doesn't always mean being one with the people." Sierra took a sip of wine. "Sometimes, it means to place your foot down and keep your people from killing themselves. Sometimes, it means choosing policies that may seem counterproductive now, but will benefit the country later on."

Ymira's smile slipped away and was replaced by her tired and haggled look. "Sierra my enemies are uncivilived. They only want change and to have Soviet overlords. Everyone internationally is against me because I did something the west thinks only it can do. The bloody Soviets did the same thing to Rezua. And who cared?" Ymira ate some of the steak before. She said "Sierra I'm tired. I haven't slept in awhile. Lets just have a nice meal together."

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:51 pm

Rezua wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:

Ymira's smile slipped away and was replaced by her tired and haggled look. "Sierra my enemies are uncivilived. They only want change and to have Soviet overlords. Everyone internationally is against me because I did something the west thinks only it can do. The bloody Soviets did the same thing to Rezua. And who cared?" Ymira ate some of the steak before. She said "Sierra I'm tired. I haven't slept in awhile. Lets just have a nice meal together."

Sierra sighed. "okay. Then you really need some rest." ding!, a sound in Sierra's head. "What do you plan on doing next?"
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:12 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
Rezua wrote:

Sierra sighed. "okay. Then you really need some rest." ding!, a sound in Sierra's head. "What do you plan on doing next?"

"Sierra I don't know okay? Please just eat with me. It would make me happy." She began to slice into her steak. Then she added "I'll go to sleep after dinner okay? Just please stay with me."

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:54 am

And so Ymira had managed to, once again, hold Rezua together. However, another group was holding their group together and forming their plans.

Hanji Place, Victoria Islands

"Lord Kilvo." said the assassin. Kilvo turned in his chair to look at the assassin and questioned him "Why have you returned? There are no bodies on the news." The assassin hesitated "My lord, the Mirano was recaptured, it was too dangerous to do an assassination." Kilvo cursed "Bloody gun ho captain. Now look, I've lost one of my nuclear subs. I told him-" The assassin pulled a folder from under his coat "My lord, I have something better than Eomeria or Ymira. The new target." Kilvo looked over the folder "It might work. I warn you if you lose this like you lost that port to the Rhodeve, so help me I'll-" The assassin interrupted him again, "My lord, it shall be done if you so command." The assassin bowed and left Tsar Kilvo to consider his next move. Not just against Rezua, but the others too.
Last edited by Rezua on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:25 pm

Part 4 of Interview

"That was a delightful trip, eh? Well, we are back down to our business. Tonight, we get into what the technocracy was founded for. Science and technology. This shall take up two days. I assume you are prepared?" asked the Supreme.
"Yes. I don't think it will be very hard," said James Vitchell.
"You may be wrong. Science covers a massive variety of subjects and aspects of reality. From life and its complexities, to rocket science, to physics, to chemistry, to nucleics, to meteorology, to seismology, to astronomy, to the many other things. Zanera studies all of these things all at the same time. There are the Central Planning Committees and the Reason Party, but as the leader, you must listen the most, because politically you can decide the budget and whether a team gets more research and discovers the cure to cancer or gets less and flops on its research, whilst a more heavily funded GMO team comes up with food that can grow in the driest places in the world. You can study the nuclear forces of our universe, or you can decide that learning where the next earthquake is slightly more important. Which, personally, I think is advisable, but anyways, the more major parts of our budget may fall onto you, as you are 1/3 or .3...depends I guess...of the government so you must decide. Mostly. You must make the best choices. And you will have some help."
"Are you going to go into extreme detail? My hand will hurt from taking notes, no?"
"Oh, once I am done with you, your hand will be strong enough to break a pencil in two by itself."
"Oh my...mercy!"
"That is usually how I roll, but this is important."
Last edited by Zanera on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:14 am

OOC: I planned to end this with my last post. Everyone please finish up.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:35 pm

Rezua wrote:OOC: I planned to end this with my last post. Everyone please finish up.

*grumble*rushing me*grumble*USJR taking too long*grumble*

Part 5 of Interview

"You have reviewed your notes sufficiently?" asked Supreme Onerius.
"Yes. I have gone into deeper detail on certain subjects and have taken personal interest to a few," explained James Vitchell.
"Alright. Now we talk of the military. National defense. Our defense forces."
"We have extensive intelligence gathering facilities with full hacking capabilities combined with a large and complex satellite system that can take pictures of any place in the world visible from the upper atmosphere. We have bought military hardware from other nations in order to cut down costs on our military spending."
"Yes. We can hack into many power grids and wreak havoc, leaving millions without power. We can get into a nation's military communications and disrupt them, leaving them with half the information originally sent out over the entire network. We can bring down many of the less protected corporations. We can force down a part, even if minute, of their economy. We have the most advanced intelligence facilities in the world. We shall use them to their fullest extent."
"And the other part of our military?"
"It can easily be matched. But it does not matter when we can give them mounds of false information."
"What if they strike Victorion? There is most of our information stored here."
"It is stored here for human convenience. It can be transferred to many different places across the country."
"Will I get a map of their locations?"
"You will get a map of many things."

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:45 pm

Part Six of Interview

"You look dreadful," said James Vitchell, after a nurse had closed the door behind him. The supreme, Supreme Onerius, had a stroke, and as the interviews were continuing even with the supreme in the hospital, James Vitchell was there to continue the interviews.
"Yes, and they have let me sleep a lot. They have woke me up in the middle of the night sometimes, but after all of that, I am ready for another nap. This one shall be brief, but of course it would be anyway. The subject? National healthcare."
"Mhm...," pondered James Vitchell.
"Eh. Now I see it. I guess it is appropriate," said the supreme, not much in the mood after his stroke for humor.
"Well, shall we begin?"
"Yes. Healthcare also includes emergency care, such as a broken arm or heart attacks. If the rescue vehicles are efficient, it can get the patients there faster and save money, therefore not straining our budget. And we must have enough rooms to take care of all of the sick and injured. Our medical tools and techniques must also be up-to-date so that we can help people better. Research into the human body and its diseases and weaknesses can keep people alive for longer, raising the average life expectancy, and it could save people's lives. Appropriating the right amount of money to the proper areas could help the medical system of Zanera up-to-date and efficient, with the appropriate amount of various medicines. It also means we can take care of the very foundation of our nation: the people."
"So the healthcare of Zanera is very important? So does the mass transit rule apply to healthcare?"
"No. Being ahead with the best medicine and techniques is something a country can strive for. If we strive to get ahead, we will eventually help out the rest of the human race, as is natural for our technocracy, which is created to aid mankind. We are researching cancer, as I am sure many other nations are, with the same passions. As are other major diseases being researched here in Zanera. Many teams across the world researching cancer can help the chance that we shall find a cure, but working amongst ourselves sharing research can speed it up even faster. Science is working together to solve a problem or answer a question. This we shall do."
"Ah. Actually, I have questions for you. May I ask?"
"Yes, you may."
"Where would it be appropriate to set up a clinic instead of a hospital?"
"Ah, you see..."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents