NATION

PASSWORD

Seasons Turn OOC Thread (Please TG Entry)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:15 pm

A discussion of that kind should be made apparent in the post. If it is misinformation, that should have been made clear.
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:23 pm

The Shrailleeni Empire wrote:A discussion of that kind should be made apparent in the post. If it is misinformation, that should have been made clear.

Agreed.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:44 pm

I do see now that the follow-up post explained the situation. Even so, I'm not sure that the shock factor was worth the potential breach of RP etiquette.
Ask Me Anything IC
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

Laudine
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Laudine » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:31 am

To be clear, the Laudine government officially supports the Mara government. However, a cabal of the Laudine military High Command has negotiated by means of an illegal backchannel with the Jocasta government to provide technical, intelligence, and logistical support in exchange for a slush fund accessed anonymously by this conspiracy. The Jocasta administration and the Laudine foreign ministry have negotiated (secretly managed behind-the-scenes by this cabal and elements of the Jocasta government) deployment of troops for expressly humanitarian purposes (under the assumption by the powers-that-be behind the scenes that this deployment will actually be engaged in support for the Jocasta campaign). So the government officially supports Mara, whereas the military clandestinely supports Jocasta.

EDIT: I'm going to take a while to have the Laudine legislature realistically debate the bill... introduction, passage, and deployment in one night seems rushed.
Last edited by Laudine on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ameige
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:02 pm

Ok Im not fully sure whats going on here. Is this some sort of "find out who the assassin of the president is" sort of rp, or... whats the deal here?

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:06 pm

Ameige wrote:Ok Im not fully sure whats going on here. Is this some sort of "find out who the assassin of the president is" sort of rp, or... whats the deal here?

No. There has already been an investigation. My thread is about my country dealing with a constitutional crisis, and political elements held in check by the President's strong regime starting to potentially pull away.

Other players' nations or characters may react as they see fit--they may try to intervene to prevent a 3rd civil war, they may try to help elements split away from the country, they may try to seek economic or political advantage, they can depict journalists covering stories from their point of view, etc.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Allamunnic States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Allamunnic States » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:23 pm

Just putting it all in one spot so it's easy to keep track of:

I am still awaiting some level of IC acknowledgement or reply to multiple communiques sent out throughout the thread. I'm going to list them here.

For Macureus

For Hittandryan and Vyrsar
Part of the Ajax Role-Playing Community.
Stay apprised of developments in Ottonia
Political Compass
Six-Time World Bowl Champions (XVI, XVII, XIX, XXIII, XXV, XXVII)
WLC VII & X Champs (WLC VI, XI & XIII Runners-Up)

Allamunnic States
Diplomat

Postby Allamunnic States » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:24 am

There is a proposal up for vote in the CPO, regarding a peacekeeping mission to Gloria Regis.

http://z13.invisionfree.invalid.com/The_Cornell ... wtopic=246
Political Compass

Cacerta
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Cacerta » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:08 pm

Official ORBAT for my forces currently in Harbourtown.

3rd Amphibious Assault Division
Officer in Command: Colonel Luciana Lutazzi
Personnel: 2,000 Special Assault Personnel
- Armored and Mechanized Infantry Group (1,000 Amphibious Marines, 5 x Tuono Main Battle Tanks, 5 x Coniglio Scout Tanks, 10 x Lupo APCs, 20 x Liger IFVs)
- Aviation Assault Squadron (2 x Falco Attack Helicopters, 4 x Saccheggiatore Helicopter Gunships, 4 x Raven Tiltrotor Transports, 12 x Condor Utility Helicopters)
- Assault Artillery Battery (10 x 100mm Mark V Heavy Mortars, 5 x RF85 rapid-firing 85mm smoothbore AT guns, 5 x K1980 155mm Howitzers, 5 x Europa Light Artillery Rocket Systems)
- Support Unit (5 x Mark IV Krystal Mobile AA Weapon Systems, 10 x Puma Armored Utility Vehicles, 70 x Lightly-Armed Armored Logistics Trucks)

3rd Amphibious Strike Fleet
HMS Isara Trento (Battleship) - Rear Admiral Jessica Trento
HMS Elia (Nuclear Cruiser) - Captain, Second Grade Marina Tolleni
HMS Cassandra (Nuclear Cruiser) - Commander Carlo Selvarino
HMS Domenica Anteo (Amphibious Assault Ship) - Captain, Second Grade Micaela Vignali
Last edited by Cacerta on Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:22 pm

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=23793954#p23793954

Funeral of Perrin Pahath-Moab begins; if people do not post sending anyone or refer to it here I will presume that allies and friendly states have someone from their embassy attend at least.

Arriving foreign leaders may assume they are properly greeted at the airport by high ranking officials and are taken either to an expensive hotel or to one of the palaces to stay there.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:12 pm

It can be assumed by all in the RP that any Lamonian military forces currently in New Edom who are in the areas listed as Crown Princess Jocasta's, would move to territory held by Queen Mara. My military forces in New Edom would also respond to any attacks on them with deadly force.

Lamoni will also be sending our ambassador to New Edom to the funeral of Perrin Pahath-Moab.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:20 am

Note: There are 36 guest rooms availabl at Betharan Palace. If players want their characters to stay there, they will have a stately room with room service, access to immediately vehicle transportation, in a well guarded place. There is also access to a helicopter landing pad.

If they prefer, they can either have a place loaned to them at the gated community of Quality Bay, which is just 20 minutes from the city center where the Palace of Justice is, which would give them relative privacy (it would be a small but very pleasant villa or large bungalow) stay at the Majestic Hotel, probably the best hotel in Fineberg, or make other arrangements.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:12 am

Would it be appropriate for the Mother Empress to be staying at the palace when she arrives?
Ask Me Anything IC

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:52 am

The Shrailleeni Empire wrote:Would it be appropriate for the Mother Empress to be staying at the palace when she arrives?

Yes, certainly heads of state would be welcome to.

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:02 pm

New Edom wrote:Note: There are 36 guest rooms availabl at Betharan Palace. If players want their characters to stay there, they will have a stately room with room service, access to immediately vehicle transportation, in a well guarded place. There is also access to a helicopter landing pad.

If they prefer, they can either have a place loaned to them at the gated community of Quality Bay, which is just 20 minutes from the city center where the Palace of Justice is, which would give them relative privacy (it would be a small but very pleasant villa or large bungalow) stay at the Majestic Hotel, probably the best hotel in Fineberg, or make other arrangements.

Funeral Guest List

Prince Alexander of Ghant, Ambassador to New Edom
Prince Lucas of Ghant
Prince Bryan of Ghant
Prince Christopher of Ghant

Room 1: Nathan IV, Emperor of Ghant

Room 2: Empress Sophia of Ghant, Princess Royal of Dakmoor
Imperial Babies

Room 2: Crown Prince Martin of Dakmoor
Maria of Garza, Crown Princess of Dakmoor

Room 4: King Malibar of Dakmoor, Lord Paramount of Ghant
Margarethe of Vorindun, Queen of Dakmoor

Room 5: Princess Isabella of Gauekoizarra, Queen Dowager of Dakmoor

Room 6: Izolde, Queen of Izotza

Albert, Emperor of Vorindeum, King Regent of Ziri, Crown Prince of Garza and Lord Prince of Ghant
Isabel of Garza, Empress of Vorindeum, Queen Regent of Ziri, Crown Princess of Garza and Lady Princess of Ghant
Prince Edward of Ghant
Princess Alyssa Holland of Shalum
Prince Victor of Ghant
Princess Rosalina of Ghant
Prince Stephen of Ghant

Caroline Zuria, the Princess Dowager of Ghant
Arietta, Princess Imperial of Ghant
Alexia, H. Princess of Ghant
Alexandra, H. Princess of Ghant
Amelia, H. Princess of Ghant
Charles Kindaro Jr.

Prime Minister Nymun Izarbegiratzeak
Deputy Prime Minister Kattalin Eguskine
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Five attending the funeral:

President Tavish DeGroot
First Lady Lily DeGroot
Ambassador to New Edom David Redstone
Deputy Chief of Staff Harold Landes
Deputy Press Secretary Isabel Saul

The President and First Lady would stay at Betharan Palace in a room together, Presidential staff at the Majestic, and Ambassador Redstone will stay at the embassy as per usual.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Late Roman Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2011

Postby Late Roman Empire » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:44 pm

Attending the Funeral:

Valerian Augustus, Emperor of the Late Roman Empire
Titus Clemens Caesar, his heir apparent
Livia Marcella, daughter of Valerian, wife of Titus
Justus Florianus, Legate to New Edom
Fabia Attica, fiancee of the Shalumite Ambassador Prince William Holland

Staying at Betharan Palace:

Valerian Augustus, Emperor of the Late Roman Empire

Staying at the Roman Legation:

Justus Florianus, Legate to New Edom

Staying at the Majestic:

Titus Clemens Caesar
Livia Marcella

Staying at the Shalumite Embassy:
Fabia Attica
"I swear by Almighty God that I will faithfully serve and obey the Divine Augustus, as our Lord and Master, and hold him alone as my true, dread sovereign and prince. I swear that I will serve him loyally until the hour of my death, on pain of damnation to my eternal soul." - the Imperial Oath of Allegiance (administered to the civil service and armed forces)

Woe to they who demand things of the Lord of the World, for he is neither so obliged nor amused.

Cacerta
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Cacerta » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:52 pm

Queen Anelyn and Chief Mila will be the only two government officials attending on behalf of Cacerta, both request to stay at Bretharan Palace -- if possible. Ambassador Marialla Fonda will also attend, but will be staying at the embassy.

Spartianus
Spokesperson

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Spartianus » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:34 pm

Ashurnasirpal intends to stay at the Betharan palace if possible.. Director-General Avrahim Hasaddo and security will be staying at the small Shartya'a embassy.
Last edited by Spartianus on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allamunnic States
Diplomat

Postby Allamunnic States » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:40 pm

There will be an Allamunnic delegation.

Sorry that took so long. Allamunnic delegation is as follows:

Federal Representatives
Generalissimo Stevan Grimmeburger, Head of State
Helene Ulryk, Ambassador to New Edom

Private Citizens
Theodurik Izaaksunn, King of Onneria
Caroline Gentry, Queen-Consort of Onneria
Rodrik Sproek, King of Staalmark
Vitus Sproek, Crown-Prince of Staalmark
Junn Grimmur, King of Skraelingia
Myranda Grimmur, Crown-Princess of Skraelingia
Last edited by Allamunnic States on Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:31 pm

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:47 pm

Just to note, I was unable to reply today just as I expected, will be replying tomorrow afternoon. For the record I would like to note that the Mother Empress Chella Resyanna fe Shrailleen will be in attendance, as will the Prince Regent, Foreign Minister Zattem Resbruck, and Amassador Princess Katara Telta fe Vangarra. The Mother Empress and Prince Regent will stay in Betharan, the Minister at the embassy.
Ask Me Anything IC

Shalum
Minister

Founded: Oct 07, 2012

Postby Shalum » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:37 pm

Shalumites who were be present for the funeral and where they are staying:

Ambassador William Holland and wife Fabia Attica (Shalumite Embassy)
General Jack Harper and Camilla Harper (Their estate in Quality Bay)
Imperator Tyler Holland and Imperatrix Allison Holland (Shalumite Embassy)
Conscription is the vitality of a nation, the purification of its morality, and the real foundations of all its habits.

It is better to be a warrior in a garden then to be a gardener in a war.

Late Roman Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2011

Postby Late Roman Empire » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:10 pm

Allamunnic States wrote:Just putting it all in one spot so it's easy to keep track of:

I am still awaiting some level of IC acknowledgement or reply to multiple communiques sent out throughout the thread. I'm going to list them here.

For Macureus

For Hittandryan and Vyrsar

I confess to somehow overlooking this, Fanboy. Thanks for showing it to me. My apologies.
"I swear by Almighty God that I will faithfully serve and obey the Divine Augustus, as our Lord and Master, and hold him alone as my true, dread sovereign and prince. I swear that I will serve him loyally until the hour of my death, on pain of damnation to my eternal soul." - the Imperial Oath of Allegiance (administered to the civil service and armed forces)

Woe to they who demand things of the Lord of the World, for he is neither so obliged nor amused.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:45 am

I'm not sure that there's much point to continuing with this. There are enough players in this region who are frankly not being good sports that I'm feeling demoralized generally.

I really have just wanted to enjoy a conflict where something is at stake; I don't care if I win or lose. Some of the constant complaining i have gotten, refusals to accept my explanations and reassurances openly have demoralized me. I'm tired of this happening all the time.

So I may come back into it, we'll see. For now you can all do whatever you feel like about the funeral. I'll write something or not as I see fit.

But if I do come back into it,the gloves are off. If players cannot handle the heat, they can leave my thread. If they want to complain about godmodding or me missing something, that's fine. I'm sick and tired of people who don't have the brass to just PLAY THE DAMN GAME>

I started this for the fun of it. If I do come back, I'm tired of HOLDING back. I'm going to do whatever the hell I want. No more discussions, no more sob stories, no more people excusing their lousy OOC conduct with their busy lives. Either play the game or don't. If you don't like it, you know where the door is.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents