NATION

PASSWORD

[Sunalaya Only][IC]"A nice dinner"

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:33 pm

Zanera wrote:
Rezua wrote:
Leonart grinned as an answered. Ymira asked "so what brings you to me? Do you wish to speak trade?"

"No, we can save that for another time. You see, we are currently in a crisis. A crisis of seriousness. You see, we are at a dinner party. Or a dinner, whatever. I think, personally, that such constant formalness will damage us. It will lead to this dinner's destruction as an event. And so to keep it from destruction, we must be informal. And to cure the party of its formality, I must ask you to join me in informalness," explained Supreme Onerius.

"You've come to the wrong leader then sir." Ymira said
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Rezua wrote:
Zanera wrote:
"No, we can save that for another time. You see, we are currently in a crisis. A crisis of seriousness. You see, we are at a dinner party. Or a dinner, whatever. I think, personally, that such constant formalness will damage us. It will lead to this dinner's destruction as an event. And so to keep it from destruction, we must be informal. And to cure the party of its formality, I must ask you to join me in informalness," explained Supreme Onerius.

"How so, m'lady?" asked the supreme.
(Too short, I know.)

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:12 pm

Zanera wrote:
Rezua wrote:

(Too short, I know.)

"Look. I just fought a war so excuse me of I can't laugh." Ymira said coldly. "My people need me working not goofing off."

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:09 pm

Rezua wrote:
Zanera wrote:
(Too short, I know.)

"Look. I just fought a war so excuse me of I can't laugh." Ymira said coldly. "My people need me working not goofing off."

"Hmmm...let me see what I can do for you. I'll just look in my medicine cabinet, give me a second," said Supreme Onerius, stalling for time. Just fought a war...really harsh...cares though... "AH! I see. So you are working right now. Shall I leave you to your work, my...your?...Highness?"

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:24 pm

Zanera wrote:
Rezua wrote:

"Hmmm...let me see what I can do for you. I'll just look in my medicine cabinet, give me a second," said Supreme Onerius, stalling for time. Just fought a war...really harsh...cares though... "AH! I see. So you are working right now. Shall I leave you to your work, my...your?...Highness?"

"Call me Ymira." She said "And yes I am working, Miss Abrams and I are discussing trade agreements."

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:30 pm

Rezua wrote:
Zanera wrote:

"Call me Ymira." She said "And yes I am working, Miss Abrams and I are discussing trade agreements."

"Ah yes. You are Ymira. I have heard that you single-handedly kill the leader of your enemy. Quite amazing, if I say so mineself. So, you are discussing trade agreements? I heard Rhodevus had a large trade business. Can Rhodevus trade dancing skill?" asked the supreme.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:37 pm

Zanera wrote:
Rezua wrote:

"Ah yes. You are Ymira. I have heard that you single-handedly kill the leader of your enemy. Quite amazing, if I say so mineself. So, you are discussing trade agreements? I heard Rhodevus had a large trade business. Can Rhodevus trade dancing skill?" asked the supreme.

Ymira frowned "I did not kill Zoey Hanji. She slipped as she tried to smash my brains with a brick. I even tried to save her then." A wave of panic seemed to sweep over her face but she regained control quickly. "And what do you mean 'trade dance skills'? This is a serious conversation, sir."
Last edited by Rezua on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:51 pm

Rezua wrote:
Zanera wrote:

Ymira frowned "I did not killed Zoey Hanji. She slipped as she tried to smash my brains with a brick. I even tried to save her then." A wave of panic seemed to sweep over her face but she regained control quickly. "And what do you mean 'trade dance skills'? This is a serious conversation, sir."

"I cannot say it is impressive? Though, I have had the feelings you have had. I have been through rough times as well. I was quiet for a while after those events, though when I lost my eye I could not stay quiet," he said to calm her, as a wave of emotion swallowed her so fast only he could see. "I just wanted to see if the Rhodeves could trade dance skills. Dance skills from the master of Zanerian disco, dance skills from the master of Rhodeve dance."

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:31 pm

Zanera wrote:
Rezua wrote:
Ymira frowned "I did not killed Zoey Hanji. She slipped as she tried to smash my brains with a brick. I even tried to save her then." A wave of panic seemed to sweep over her face but she regained control quickly. "And what do you mean 'trade dance skills'? This is a serious conversation, sir."

"I cannot say it is impressive? Though, I have had the feelings you have had. I have been through rough times as well. I was quiet for a while after those events, though when I lost my eye I could not stay quiet," he said to calm her, as a wave of emotion swallowed her so fast only he could see. "I just wanted to see if the Rhodeves could trade dance skills. Dance skills from the master of Zanerian disco, dance skills from the master of Rhodeve dance."

Sierra chuckled slightly at the Zaneran leader. She learnt from Queen Diana what to expect of him. "Supreme Oranous (pretend I spelled it correctly), although I may not be great at dancing, you must come to Rhodevus and face off against Queen Diana when she is not busy." Sierra smiled
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:52 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
Zanera wrote:

Sierra chuckled slightly at the Zaneran leader. She learnt from Queen Diana what to expect of him. "Supreme Oranous (pretend I spelled it correctly), although I may not be great at dancing, you must come to Rhodevus and face off against Queen Diana when she is not busy." Sierra smiled

"Is that so? I do believe this is a challenge, and one I accept. Perhaps after dinner after we have cooled down, we can heat things back up, and we can relieve our stress and show you 'leaders of the world' who is master after dinner with the power of the dance," said Supreme Onerius.

Smoya
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:46 pm

Secretary of State Kerry Dempsy walked into the room after having a long, importuner discussion on the phone with President Marzio. He walked into the room. "Hello, everyone. Sorry for the interuption, it was important. What are we discussing?" he asked and sat down into his chair.

OOC: Lind said I can skip to here.
Last edited by Smoya on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Sunalaya!

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:48 pm

OOC: have we actually started the RP yet?
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Smoya wrote:Secretary of State Kerry Dempsy walked into the room after having a long, importuner discussion on the phone with President Marzio. He walked into the room. "Hello, everyone. Sorry for the interuption, it was important. What are we discussing?" he asked and sat down into his chair.

"Do you want to be shown who is master in the art of the disco after dinner?" asked Supreme Onerius.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:46 pm

Zanera wrote:
Smoya wrote:Secretary of State Kerry Dempsy walked into the room after having a long, importuner discussion on the phone with President Marzio. He walked into the room. "Hello, everyone. Sorry for the interuption, it was important. What are we discussing?" he asked and sat down into his chair.

"Do you want to be shown who is master in the art of the disco after dinner?" asked Supreme Onerius.

Ymira sighed "Sir, you do not need to go to extremes to make everyone informal. These dinners are suppose to be formal, there are so many leaders here that formality is practically demanded. Other leaders will judge me and my entire country by how I act so by actting formal I embarrass either myself for Rezua."

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:57 pm

Rezua wrote:
Zanera wrote:

Ymira sighed "Sir, you do not need to go to extremes to make everyone informal. These dinners are suppose to be formal, there are so many leaders here that formality is practically demanded. Other leaders will judge me and my entire country by how I act so by actting formal I embarrass either myself for Rezua."

"Excellent reasoning, but I say that by acting formal we are ruining a potentially good time. We in Zanera are informal even at our most formal when compared to the rest of the international community. It is not in my being to act formal at anything but an official international diplomatic meeting to discuss matters of the utmost importance. We are at a dinner, which in Zanera would mean to enjoy the good food our host, the Lindian monarch, is providing us and to share the informalities of our personalities. If anyone carefully cuts up a pea and puts it into their mouth oh so gently to not seem too greedy and unprofessional I will go mad," finished the Supreme.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:02 pm

Zanera wrote:
Rezua wrote:

"Excellent reasoning, but I say that by acting formal we are ruining a potentially good time. We in Zanera are informal even at our most formal when compared to the rest of the international community. It is not in my being to act formal at anything but an official international diplomatic meeting to discuss matters of the utmost importance. We are at a dinner, which in Zanera would mean to enjoy the good food our host, the Lindian monarch, is providing us and to share the informalities of our personalities. If anyone carefully cuts up a pea and puts it into their mouth oh so gently to not seem too greedy and unprofessional I will go mad," finished the Supreme.

"I was going for more formal talk and action rather than eating but you have reminded me about that." Ymira said. "You should see the political dinners in Rezua. They are always strictly formal."

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:12 pm

Rezua wrote:
Zanera wrote:

"I was going for more formal talk and action rather than eating but you have reminded me about that." Ymira said. "You should see the political dinners in Rezua. They are always strictly formal."

"Fascinating. Dinners are always places where you enjoy the food and talk and make merry, and to share the best wit you got in Zanera. I cannot think of a formal dinner we have had in Zanera. I don't think we could ever be formal," said Supreme Onerius.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Zanera wrote:
Rezua wrote:

"Fascinating. Dinners are always places where you enjoy the food and talk and make merry, and to share the best wit you got in Zanera. I cannot think of a formal dinner we have had in Zanera. I don't think we could ever be formal," said Supreme Onerius.

"I see things are different in our countries." Ymira said as she took a tiny sip of wine from a glass. "I though this dinner was a meeting. Regardless, we can't have accursed reporters making us laughing stocks can we?"

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:25 pm

OOC: Lind allowed me to skip to this point.

His excellency, King Musar Shlomo-Sahadí Yri Issachar Yihye HaYohudah Ayri Gamliel Hayyim, The Protective Vicegerent of the Tribes of the Azadim, Aduruzummadim, Habarim, Hadím,Khadim,Malmutim,Ozozim,Sabayyim,Simeyyim,Talamim,Yarbazákht,Zayadím, and Zimanim, The Chief Political Sovereign over the Yaramaquese and Yarbazi people. The King walked into the room. "Hello Everybody. Am I late?" He asked. Not being accustomed on sitting on chairs, Musar sat down on the floor with his legs crossed.
NationStates' local Yemenite Jew :D
אם תחפצה בן איש לסודות נבחרו תקנה לך חבר ורעים יקרו בעבור יחי לבך ותשמח נפשך שכל והנפש בטוב יתחברו ולבש ענוה מימי בחרותך
רבי אליעזר אומר... ואל תהי נוח לכעוס.
!פלסטין משוחררת

| ISFJ | הירושה החלולה שלהם | תלמיד הרמב״ם | .וְשָׁב יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֶת-שְׁבוּתְךָ, וְרִחֲמֶךָ; וְשָׁב, וְקִבֶּצְךָ מִכָּל-הָעַמִּים, אֲשֶׁר הֱפִיצְךָ יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ, שָׁמָּה | !אנחנו דומים יותר מאשר כולכם חושבים | השקפות פוליטיות | האלוהים יכול לעשות משהו? | טיעונים פגומים |
Please forgive me for any errors in my English! I am not a native speaker. :P

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:30 pm

Yaramaqui wrote:OOC: Lind allowed me to skip to this point.

His excellency, King Musar Shlomo-Sahadí Yri Issachar Yihye HaYohudah Ayri Gamliel Hayyim, The Protective Vicegerent of the Tribes of the Azadim, Aduruzummadim, Habarim, Hadím,Khadim,Malmutim,Ozozim,Sabayyim,Simeyyim,Talamim,Yarbazákht,Zayadím, and Zimanim, The Chief Political Sovereign over the Yaramaquese and Yarbazi people. The King walked into the room. "Hello Everybody. Am I late?" He asked. Not being accustomed on sitting on chairs, Musar sat down on the floor with his legs crossed.

Ymira looked at the man puzzled "Why are you sitting on the floor? There are plenty chairs."

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:42 pm

Rezua wrote:
Zanera wrote:

"I see things are different in our countries." Ymira said as she took a tiny sip of wine from a glass. "I though this dinner was a meeting. Regardless, we can't have accursed reporters making us laughing stocks can we?"

"You may be unable to look informal, but I can. I tend to act like this sometimes, and it was almost expected," said Supreme Onerius.

"Not at all, King...Muser?" asked Supreme Onerius.

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:48 pm

Zanera wrote:
Rezua wrote:

"You may be unable to look informal, but I can. I tend to act like this sometimes, and it was almost expected," said Supreme Onerius.

Musar smiled. "My name is Musar Shlomo-Sahadí Yri Issachar Yihye HaYohudah Ayri Gamliel Hayyim. You can just call me Musar or Shlomo."
אם תחפצה בן איש לסודות נבחרו תקנה לך חבר ורעים יקרו בעבור יחי לבך ותשמח נפשך שכל והנפש בטוב יתחברו ולבש ענוה מימי בחרותך
!פלסטין משוחררת

| ISFJ | הירושה החלולה שלהם | תלמיד הרמב״ם | .וְשָׁב יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֶת-שְׁבוּתְךָ, וְרִחֲמֶךָ; וְשָׁב, וְקִבֶּצְךָ מִכָּל-הָעַמִּים, אֲשֶׁר הֱפִיצְךָ יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ, שָׁמָּה | !אנחנו דומים יותר מאשר כולכם חושבים | השקפות פוליטיות | האלוהים יכול לעשות משהו? | טיעונים פגומים |

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:53 pm

Yaramaqui wrote:
Zanera wrote:

Musar smiled. "My name is Musar Shlomo-Sahadí Yri Issachar Yihye HaYohudah Ayri Gamliel Hayyim. You can just call me Musar or Shlomo."

"I will call you Musar. Anyways, how is food served if you are sitting on the floor? Wouldn't make it hard for the waiters to serve you?" asked Supreme Onerius. He had met two different cultures in two hours. Maybe he should go out more often...

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Zanera wrote:
Yaramaqui wrote:

"I will call you Musar. Anyways, how is food served if you are sitting on the floor? Wouldn't make it hard for the waiters to serve you?" asked Supreme Onerius. He had met two different cultures in two hours. Maybe he should go out more often...

"In Yaramaqui, we often do not use chairs. To be honest with you, I have not sat on a chair since my coronation. we usually sit on carpets, mats, or small cushions." Musar stands up.
Last edited by Yaramaqui on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
!פלסטין משוחררת

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:58 pm

Yaramaqui wrote:
Zanera wrote:

"In Yaramaqui, we often do not use chairs. To be honest with you, I have not sat on a chair since my coronation. we usually sit on carpets, mats, or small cushions." Musar stands up.

"Oh, my apologizes for my ignorance." Ymira said with an apologetic head bow.

Then to Onerius she said "I'm afraid I must be blunt with you, sir. I can't be goofy after this war. The people would lose the support they have in me. I cannot go back to being a stupid, immature girly girl."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents