NATION

PASSWORD

Crisis Situation #1: Peace Brigade vs IFC (IFC Only, IC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Peace Brigade
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Crisis Situation #1: Peace Brigade vs IFC (IFC Only, IC)

Postby Peace Brigade » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:02 pm

Crisis Situation #1: Peace Brigade Hostage Taking (IFC Only, IC)

Undisclosed Location

The hostages had no idea what was going on, one moment they were enjoying a weekend evening, and then before they knew it, they found themselves attacked, beaten, and dragged away by masked men. They were thrown in vehicles, with cloth bags thrown over their heads, they had all remembered it the same. A long drive to wherever they had been brought. Some of the hostages had thought they had been brought here by boat or plane, but all of them were now in the same room, tied to similar chairs, all facing the same direction. Their cloth bags had been traded for blindfolds, but none of the hostages were allowed to speak, having been gagged by their captors. They could almost make out the room, a dank old building, possibly an abandoned warehouse somewhere. Their captors were dressed in dark clothing, nothing overly identifying, some wearing military jackets, some just plain black sweatshirts, yet several of them carried assault rifles, and one of them, the man trying to set up the camera feed, looked to be wearing a black sweatshirt with a university logo on the front, but it was hard to tell through the blindfold.

Suddenly there was a bright light shone on them, and even under their blindfolds, the light was too intense to look at directly, someone spoke in a heavy Scottish accent to the man working on the camera feed. "Is it ready?" The man working the camera nodded his head in affirmation, and the man who had spoken stepped out of the shadows near the back of the room where he had been standing. His face was hidden by a ski mask, but unlike many of his companions he wore a t-shirt showing a large hand making a peace sign with a red and brown border behind. He approached the hostages and stopped, looking them over, one by one. Turning around he motioned to start recording.

"To the members of the war-mongering organization the International Freedom Coalition. For too long you have enforced your views on others who only wished to be left in peace. For too long have you trampled what you see as lesser nations, and shoved your pitiful ideological ideals down their throats, all the while building up unnecessary armies to force your views on others who resist. The cost and corruption of your member nations has resulted in serious deficiencies in your member nations' social services all because you wish to be the police people of the world. The immense expense our nations will have in retrofitting our armies to a create standardization in weapons and vehicles is unnecessary and wrong. Now is the time to stop spending money on munitions and start improving the conditions for those below the poverty line. Now is the time for improving the access to healthcare and education over the expense of new devastating military technology. The use of military force as a deterrent is an archaic way of viewing the world, and we are tired of your attempts to silence and shut us out of our governments. Our governments have been bought by the dreams and lies that your organization whispers to them, promising a piece of the pie in technological advancements in military technology, and protection from so-called rogue nations. Now we have had enough, now we will take the fight to you!" The man moved gesturing to the hostages.

"Sitting behind me in these chairs are important people from some of your member nations," he gestured to a man, of Vietnamese descent dressed quite well, obviously on his way to somewhere or something important, a few scrapes and bruises on his face, where his captors had hit him. "Here we have Mr. Megat Chiktra, Governor of Southwest Hesia, and a member of the traitorous regime that leads the United Provinces of the New Lowlands."

The man moved to the next hostage, a man in his fifties, dressed in a blue cotton shirt and jeans. He was doubled over in pain from a hard blow that had shattered several of his ribs. "Next, I'd like to introduce you to Vice President Walton Meyers of the Organized States, who I hear is a candidate for our next election. I'm sure he and his government will learn from this experience that the people no longer want a government that supports war-mongering and profiteering."

He moved to the next hostage, a woman in her late 20's, wearing a purple dress, with a tear-stained face and a look of complete hopelessness. "Ms. Casey Philips here could be considered a victim of poor timing, but our members from the Organized States suggest that she's more than a mere member of Vice President Meyers' staff, and so I'm sure Mr. Meyers and his government will like to see the safe return of someone considered a true innocent."

He moved to the next man, an older man in his 70's, who had clearly been pulled from his bed, as he still wore his striped pajamas. "Here is the esteemed Congressman Chester Gordon, and I hope his party will consider working with the Ellsworth Administration to remove the Organized States government from the IFC, and shut this corrupt organization down for good."

The man moved to the final hostage, a well-dressed man of Japanese descent, who looked more accepting of his predicament than the rest of the hostages. "Last but definitely not least we have Dr. Ando Korenaga, currently a professor at Washington Luís University in Santa Catalina, and a major player in a pro-imperial policy think tank. It is men like him who drive our nations towards an economic alignment with militarization. Our nations need less outward reaction and more inward focus on the assistance and welfare of our own people."

The man moved back to face the camera directly. "I'm sure the IFC as an organization that supposedly despises harm to others in nations not directly influenced by democracy, would like to see these hostages safely returned. We have asked you to lay down your arms and help feed your own people, and share the wealth of the free world with those suffering famines, and forces of nature in other nations, but instead you refuse, and so I doubt the insignificant lives of these five people mean anything to your profit-driven, war-profiteering enterprise. We call upon the member nations of the IFC, our governments, to immediately withdraw from the IFC and disband the organization altogether, or the blood of these hostages and possibly others will be on your hands! This is not an idle threat!"

The cameraman indicated he had stopped rolling. "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your hard work and dedication, but we've only just begun. I want that video submitted to Youtube, and the media stations within the IFC member countries. I doubt they'll respond, so we'll need to begin carrying out the next step now."

The group of hostage takers filed out of the room, leaving a few to guard the scared and helpless hostages.
Last edited by Peace Brigade on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:43 am

The Situation Room, The Tan House, Fairford, Organized States of America

"Sir, we've positively identified Ms. Philips, Vice President Meyers, and Congressman Gordon through Facial Recognizition software and we've confirmed through the digital signature that this was taken recently. This Peace Brigade group appears to be heavily armed. Our intelligence on them has proved to be fairly good. However, I will admit that we certainly misjudged their capability up until this point. And I'd also like to state that most of our resources have gone to fighting religious terrorism and ethnic terrorism, not this, whatever it is." said the director of the National Intelligence Agency, the largest of the OS' three Intelligence Agencies, John Clapper.

"John, there's no need to make excuses." replied President Ellsworth taking his glasses off as he pressed the pause button on the tablet playing the recently posted hostage video. "I know that your agency remains capable. But we aren't going to see a beheading or anything like that are we?" Ellsworth continued, noting the videos put out by the Pacific Liberation Front, which operated in Palau, the Federated States of Micronesia, and the other islands of the Pacific, recently taking a massive step forward by bombing a hotel in Guam, an OS Territory and beheading a journalist.

"I doubt that, Mr. President. It's not their style. I think they'd much rather shoot the VP and Gordon." replied Clapper, provoking an angry look from the President.

"I'd like to make it painfully clear to everyone in this room. I will not lose another Vice President in my Presidency." stated the President to the group gathered in the room, which included Rear Admiral Thomas Greer, Secretary of State Susan Carpens, Secertary of Defense Donald Heartsfield, and Clapper. "Find them."

Camp Lejune, North Carolina, Carolina Commonwealth

An OS Marine Corps Captain walked down the long hall towards the door with a simple black sign mounted next to the door that read Logisitics and Supply Office, Marine Corps Region CONOS. The Captain punched a quick key code into the coded lock on the door. The door opened upon finishing the code on the digital keypad. Once opened, the room was much larger than the others and contained dozens of large screens mounted on a wall surrounding one massive display screen, this one of a world map with dozens of small dots . In the upper-right corner of the the screen was a seal, imposed on the front of that circle was the picture of a skull, surronded by stars. Below the seal, read simply, RAIDERS in white print. This wasn't a supply office. It was the command center for the world's most secretative special forces unit.

The OS Marine Corps had a long history of Raider Battalions, beginning during the Second World War. The most famous Raider operation was the daring Raid on Makin Island on 17 August, 1942. The First Marine Raider Battalion or Carlson's Raiders, led by Lt. Colonel Evans Carlson, launched from two submarines and assaulted an Imperial Japanese Garrison on the island, destroying multiple aircraft, sinking ships, and setting fire to many of the buildings. The Sixth Raider Battalion was a Tier One unit, operating alongside the OS Navy's Developmental Warfare Group and the OS Army's Phantoms. They had use of the world's most advanced equipment and to the world's most advanced intelligence network.

One of the Marines in the room picked up the phone as the Captain placed a piece of paper on the Marine's desk.

"Yeah. We're go for an op. OGA and NCA authorized."
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:06 am

Government Press Facility, Astaria

A sudden shadow at the window was the first sign. It was subtle enough to miss entirely, yet the momentary disruption of the light caught the eye of Prime Minister William Hesseren. That made him miss the second sign. Around him, secret service agents suddenly clutched their earpieces. Some spoke back immediately and several turned to react.
By the third sign it was obvious. The doors of the press conference were suddenly opened and a squad of suited agents quickly marched in. Behind them came a squad of VRF second division, an elite unit. They were all heavily armed, and the assault rifles and the began spreading around the room. The light from the windows was minimal now, as a line of agents formed up in front of the glass.

The reaction was instantaneous. The pressroom erupted into a flurry of frightened questions, and camera crews hurriedly swivelled their machines to cover the mass of security now occupying the room. The agents ignored them and with powerful strides ascended to the podium. The peaceful atmosphere had been shattered and tension built up massively as the agents reached the Prime Minister. For a single moment of clarity, the frantic activity halted as they stood in front of the Leader of the Valaran Empire.

"Sir we need to get you to secure location. There's been an incident, and we believe national security is compromised. You'll be briefed on the way."

Situation Room

The atmosphere of stagnant tension lifted suddenly as Hesseren arrived. Everyone stood, though the monitors continued to relay information unabated.

Hesseren looked embarrassed by the display of respect from the the cadre of generals, intelligence officials and agents. He'd barely been appointed as Prime Minister for a week, and obviously wasn't used to the respect his office automatically garnered. "Please, no need to stand." He turned to his chief of staff. "I got a rough briefing, but it appeared more confusing than anything. What's the updated situation?"

"There's been a coordinated terrorist assault across several IFC nations, and several leading government members have been taken hostage in simultaneous strikes. It appears so far that the Organised States and the New Lowlands were the primary targets, though there may have been more. We've put the secret service and anti-terror branches on high alert, and steps were taken to secure the Deputy-Prime Minister, Parliamentary Speaker and most of the royal family."

An inner iron seemed to possess Hesseren on those words. "Have any of our people being attacked?"

"Not that we know of, but reports are only flooding through as we speak; its unlikely that we'll know for the next half-hour at most." He glanced to the agents that had followed the Prime Minister into the room. "And we had to make sure our leaders were safe first, as a precaution."

"I understand, and you did the right thing." Hesseren thought briefly. "Right, well the first thing we need is information... Actually strike that; we need to establish communication with all involved parties. That should be our primary goal. I want closed lines set up with Aigeantir, Bratislav, the New Lowlands, Libraria, and the Organised States. Then, we can gather details and coordinate a response. Have the terrorists made any demands?"

"They want to disband the IFC."

"So its not a specific incident that has caused this then. Or at least we know of so far. Our priorities haven't changed. Communication is our principal concern. Then we focus on a plan of action." Hesseren paused a final time, and when he looked up it, his eyes held a core of fury. "And mobilise our special forces."
Last edited by Valaran on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Novo Wagondia
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Novo Wagondia » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:09 am

Palácio de Leopoldina
Santa Catalina, Wagondia

Emperor Edward had weathered many crises before in his 17 year reign, and had honed well his ability to unify his people against vice and aggression. Upon hearing of the Peace Brigade hostage situation, he wasted no time in ordering an emergency meeting of his top military advisors and tacticians, and immediately put his best men on the task of locating the undisclosed facility from which the hostage-takers were operating. His usually adamant resolve, however, had been caught off guard by the most recent attack. One of the five hostages, Dr. Ando Korenaga, was a prominent lobbyist allied with the emperor, and the two had shared a pot of tea on several occasions. The Peace Brigade had struck at one of the emperor's own, and he was prepared to go to great lengths to ensure that proper justice was served. The emperor was not a man of senseless vengeance, having studied extensively the works of Gandhi, but he was sure that the Peace Brigade would not meet a happy end. Those who disturbed his beloved subjects and used violence and fear to achieve their political end would be swiftly and surely dealt with. Dozens of the top intelligence workers in the government were already working around the clock, constantly communicating with their allies abroad, to ensure it.

No more than an hour afterwards, the ad hoc committee emerged from the sacred seat of Wagain executive power to meet a growing mass of reporters and concerned citizens. The Braganza Guard contingent, responsible for the emperor's personal security, was on high alert following the hostage crisis, and hurried along the procession of officials so as not to expose them to potential threats in the crowd. Only the emperor resisted, breaking off from the group to address those assembled.

"People of Wagondia, let this day not go down in history as one of loss. We must not condemn the honorable Dr. Korenaga by mourning his kidnapping as certain death or injury. Rather, we must maintain hope, and foster unity, working beyond our worries to bring our citizens, and the citizens of our allies, home safely. However this shall end, let us understand that the empire of Wagondia never stands for the politicalization of violence, and let us understand that we are ever stronger as a people, brought together by this attack against our peaceful soul.".
Empire of Wagondia
Map
Prime Ministers
Santa Catalina
"Here man's feet rested at night beside the eagle's feet, in the high gory retreats, and at dawn they trod the rarefied mist with feet of thunder and touched lands and stones until they recognized them in the night"

⚔ ♕ Her Austral and Imperial Majesty, Carmen I ♕ ⚔
△▽△
Modern-day realization of Bolívar's efforts to unify Latin America, with a twist of constitutional monarchy and a dash of overseas empire. The United Fruit Company never existed, and Henry Kissinger retired as an accountant. It all started that one summer, back in Panama, 1826...
▽△▽
Demonym: Wagain

Empire of Andrew

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:04 am

Parco degli Acquedotti, New Rome
The Caesar walked serenely through the park with friend and fiancee, Aurelia Brunneis. The night was calm, and warm. Around them, members of the Praetorian Guard watched for any signs of danger. The man in charge of the Caesar's guard put his hand up to his ear. A disturbed look came onto his face, and he began to signal the other guards. The men condensed into a tight circle around the Caesar and Aurelia, with more running over. "Runyan, what is going on?" asked the Caesar.

"Sir, there is a situation. We have to get you and Miss Brunneis out of here immediately. You will be sent back to the Imperial Palace via a UH-24. There will be a full security detail in both air and on the ground. Naval Station Tiber has ships on the water as well." The Caesar looked shocked.

"What the hell is going on!?"

"You will be briefed when you arrive at the Palace."

Imperial Bunker, Imperial Palace
Praetorian Consul Julius Iucundus and Consul Petrus Caecilius are both seated at the table when the Caesar walked in. When they saw him, they both broke off their conversations, and stood up. Iucundus thumped his right hand against his chest, and extended it, saluting the Caesar. "Sit. You better have a great reason for cutting my night with Aurelia short." He sat down at the head of the table. Caecilius was the first to speak: "We do, sir. A terrorist organisation has captured government officials from member nations of the IFC. As far as we can tell, none of our officials were taken. That doesn't mean they won't soon. The cabinet is at the Praetorian Guard Building. Some will be joining us soon."

"Who are these terrorists? What do they want?"

"They call themselves Peace Brigade. All they want is the dismemberment of the IFC." The Caesar raised an eyebrow. "That's it?"

"Well, yes." At that moment, the door opened, and the Chief of Staff Mickey Johnson, Director of the New Roman Intelligence Agency Ferdinand Umbar, and Chief of Security Kyle Runyan walked in. They all sat around the table.

"Sir," started Umbar, "I can have a team ready to go in after the hostages."

"Most like all the other nations are doing the same thing." replied Johnson.

"Our first priority is to protect all high ranking officials. I have most under protection. Unfortunately, we do not have the Minister of Education yet. He is on vacation with his family. I have a team going to get them to safety." added Runyan

"That is all well and good, but we still need to do something about the hostages." interjected Iucundus.

"I will send a message to the other IFC nations. Because none of our people are hostages, we will offer help to the other nations our help. This meeting a adjourned."

To: IFC Nations
Encryption: High
We are deeply disturbed by the news of the hostages. My advisers and myself want to help free the hostages. If any nation needs helps with freeing the hostages, please let us know as soon as possible. We stand with you.
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:21 am

House of Lords,
Bel,
Kingdom of Aigéantir

There was a high amount of tension in the room as the representatives were escorted into a secure area of the parliament building. It wasn't the best place to keep them safe, but right now keeping members of the government separate from each other was not a great idea. With the Prime Minister out of the country, the High King was responsible for keeping the situation under control. His family and the other monarchs were already much safer within the Royal residences, all of which were very old, very strong castles, already built to withstand a lot of punishment, bu the representatives were all in a great deal of danger, and therefore it was Conchobar's choice to convene the government in the absence of the Prime Minister more out of an interest in protecting the representatives than anything else. This was a crisis situation, and therefore the High King still wielded enough power to make decisions during a crisis.

From the House of Lords chamber, the High King watched as the lat representatives entered the room. Along the perimeter was a large contingent of police officers, and outside the room the entire building and block was on lockdown. Conchobar waited for the concerned chatter to subside a little before asking the assembled representatives for their attention. "As you all know, we have been indirectly attacked by members of the Peace Brigade, a anti-war protest group that has become more violent of late. Luckily we have not been targeted directly, but we do know that the group has taken hostages from some of our fellow nations within the IFC. Three hostages from the Organized States, a hostage from the New Lowlands, and a hostage from Novo Wagondia. They want all nations to immediately withdraw from the IFC, and to disband the organization as they believe it to be an ideological relic."

"What we know so far is that their leader has a thick Scottish accent, though this could mean that he's one of our own citizens. Very little can be made out from the rest of the video, but it's clear that they want a response or they will harm the hostages. Due to the situation I have been allowed to take the matter into my own hands, and I will be talking directly with the governments affected by this attack, as well as the rest of our allies within the IFC. We don't know what the Peace Brigade's next move is, but I doubt they plan on targeting only a few nations within the IFC. I've asked all of you to remain here as this is one of the most safest places you can be. In the meantime I will be doing my best to deal with the situation at hand. Are there any questions regarding these matters?" The crowd began to speak all at once, but Conchobar added, "I will tell you right now that you will not be able to leave right now. We've already sent officers to protect your families, but right now we ask that you sit tight and wait till we know the situation is under control. I too worry about my family, but we have to have faith that they will be okay." The crowd seemed to fall silent, and Conchobar took this as acceptance of their circumstance, and without any further questions he rushed to the room to get in contact with Carroll Caomh and his allies from the IFC.

Fountaine Blue Hotel,
Kairaku,
Flardania

Carroll heard the alarm before security entered and attempted to escort her to safety. She wasn't planning on leaving, knowing that now wasn't the time to run and hide from a few cowardly terrorists. The security argued with her, but eventually let her be as she was still in a conference call with the High King. The Prime Minister of Aigéantir had, at Carroll's request, been transported back to her plane, and by now would be taking off from Flardania. She hoped that the room in the hotel that she had taken up office in during this emergency would be the safest location compared to the windowed conference room used by the Summit. Conchobar was giving her direct authority to act in a way that paralleled the views of their government, and would help the other IFC nations. The Minister of Defence of Aigéantir would be relaying Carroll's orders to the military, specifically the special forces. Her sister was a member of the special forces, but she had no time to think or worry for her sister. She needed to act. Hoping that the representatives as the Summit were still around, she asked an aide to find the Summit representatives and let them know she was handling the response from Aigéantir. One of her aides had a message from the Valaran government, attempting to get in touch with her government, and the government of the Organized States, who had already begun looking into leads and was willing to take a lead in the intelligence investigation. She asked the aide to give her reply to the Valaran government and the government of the Organized States, and pass the message along to all other governments within the IFC as well:

To: Governments of the International Freedom Coalition
Encryption: A77

I have been instructed to be your line of contact from my government, as this is an IFC matter, and not just a crisis affecting my own nation. The Organized States, has already begun an investigation, and our intelligence will be passing along some suspects that we think could be this man who was speaking on the video. He may be one of ours. I'd encourage all of you to pass any information along about your own intelligence on the Peace Brigade to the Organized States.

We know very little so far, but our own records have several Peace Brigade chapters listed throughout our own nation from many years ago. We have already conducted police raids on these locations, turning up very little. The Peace Brigade that posted the video is apparently being led by a splinter faction, who had grown tired of peaceful protests. One of our detainees spoke of a woman named Bronwyn Merrick, who used to be an executive member of Ariarhod chapter of the Peace Brigade in the Kingdom of Aigéantir, who left somewhat unexpectedly 3 years ago to Zunkwentania and hasn't been seen since. We also have evidence that the man in the video may be a missing anarchist known as Ranald Ramsey, who had been charged several times in the past for vandalism and attacking police officers during high level government meetings, claiming to be a member of various other protest groups during this time. After his last incarceration, he broke parole and hasn't been seen in the country since then.

We pray for the safe return of your citizens, but we believe that giving in to these terrorists' demands would be a mistake, and we will not withdraw our support from the IFC at this time. If there are others who wish to withdraw from the IFC, we will not hold it against you, however the Peace Brigade is committing a criminal action, an act of aggression against us that is exactly by definition what we seek to prevent. For this reason our government will support any action used to bring these individuals to justice.

We will send along any additional information we discover.

Carroll Caomh,
Prime Minister of the International Freedom Coalition,
Delegate for the Kingdom of Aigéantir,
Leader: High King Conchobar II, IFC Representative: Hon. Carroll Caomh

The Predator Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Predator Federation » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:37 am

OOC: tag
Last edited by The Predator Federation on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TG Me, I love telegrams #GamerGate
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Peace Brigade
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Peace Brigade » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:14 pm

Undisclosed Location

The hostages didn't know how long they had been sitting there. The conversation had gone on for some time in the next room, only muffled voices could be heard. Eventually the lights were shut off, and the hostages had fallen into a terrible sleep, still tied up to their chairs. Suddenly there was a loud burst of gunfire, as the their captors came into the room, startling the hostages awake. It was hard to tell what time of day it was. The Scottish man was motioning to his companions, belted a holster containing a CP-1911, a standard-issue sidearm from the Kingdom of Aigéantir, to his waist, and turned and stepped forward towards the five hostages. Looking them over for a few minutes, he turned back towards his companions and the camera began recording.

"Greetings to the governments who still openly support the IFC. We're upset that you don't seem to be taking us seriously. Unfortunately, we don't like waiting, and we don't have the patience for your governments to quibble over how to respond. We will make this decision clear for you, right now."

He walked behind the hostages, Ms. Philips was trembling with fear, Dr. Korenaga seemed to hold a sense of resigned defiance, and the others did their best to look as calm as possible, though failing miserably given the circumstances. Moving back in front, he stopped in front of Ms. Philips. Standing in front of Vice President Meyers on Ms Philip's right side, he pulled the pistol from it's holster and put the pistol's barrel to Ms. Philips' head. She began shaking worse than she had before. "While I hate those who are in-bed with war-mongers, quite literally, I'd hate to harm such a beautiful woman. But you know what they say, the source of a man's power is the woman behind it all, and Mr. Meyers does have the opportunity to make amends and save Ms. Philips' life, since fortunately for Mr. Meyers, I despise those who spin webs and lies to their governments for the sake of imperialism even more than the war-hungry governments themselves!" He turned and pointed the gun at Dr. Korenaga's head, and pulled the trigger. The bang made the other hostages jump, and Dr. Korenaga slumped forward, dead.

"One down, four to go. For those who think that they're safe because we don't hold your people hostage, think again! Members of the IFC, remove yourselves from the IFC and shut this undemocratic, pro-warfare organization down, or you WILL suffer the consequences!"

He motioned to the man with the camera to cut, the man acknowledged him, but failed to stop recording immediately. One of the men in a paintball mask approached the Scottish man. "Someone may have heard the noise, we can't stay here in Monswantel any long..."

The Scottish man cut him off. "Patrick, I told you to stop the camera!" the cameraman shutoff the camera, and looked sheepishly back at his phone, where he had been distracted by a conversation he was having on social media to a friend of his in Estenia. The Scottish man looked at the cameraman for confirmation. "Is it off?"

The cameraman voiced an affirmative, and the Scottish man barked orders to move the remaining hostages to the mobile location. The hostage takers immediately chloroformed the hostages, making it easier to move them without revealing where they would be taken to. The Scottish man had been concerned by the lapse of professionalism on the part of the cameraman, but with them gone from here, he knew the IFC wouldn't have a chance to track them, and next time he talked, he knew the IFC members would really know what was at stake. Maybe next time he'd shoot two hostages. No, he had a few other surprises for them first!
Last edited by Peace Brigade on Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Predator Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Predator Federation » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:51 pm

"Well now we know where they are..." Sandy set her coffee aside and looked at the deputy director. He was in shock and disbelief and his face was red at the sight of the hostage being executed. It was a mix of anger and sadness. "Sir?"

"We're going to threaten the bastards." He ignored Sandy, his eyes fixed on the screen. "Make a request to the president threatening the peace brigade. And someone tell me where he is?"

"He's on airforce one." Sandy replied following him as he left the room. She followed him through the dark halls of the Federal Security Agency headquarters. "What do you want on the threat, sir? And don't you think this is a little... rash?" The director stopped and looked at Sandy.

"No, it's not fucking rash, I know what I am doing." He snapped and continued down the hall, Sandy halted. "Are you coming?" The director asked her, she simply nodded and followed alongside him. It took several minutes but eventually she had the whole letter of what the director wanted the president to say. The director had been on good terms with Cody Mars, the president, especially lately, so he would listen. By the time they had run out of space to walk, they were done. Now the president just had to carry out the threat.

"Oh and one more thing Sandy." He went on.

"Yeah?"

"I want you to get a special forces team, preferably 4Eyes." Got it, she didn't write it down. Then headed down to the armory, she met four special operators, all above 6"2. They stared stopped and stared at Sandy for a moment then resumed what they were doing.

"4Eyes?" She asked the operators.

"Yup." The fireteam leader replied, the rest just ignored her or didn't hear her.

"Director wants you guys to suit up and get ready, you could soon be going on a hostage rescue mission. For the IFC, incase you don't kno-" An operator cut Sandy off picking up his M468 carbine.

"Of course we know, how could we not know? We're pawns for one of the biggest intelligence agencies in the world. So, how could we not know?" The operator addressed her in a condescending tone. Sandy flinched a bit and the team noticed it, the fireteam leader gestured for him to calm down, he sighed and remained silent.

"We'll prep up, consider us available for combat within an hour or so." The soldier went back to loading his gun with ammunition, the gun looked like a SCAR-16 which cartridged 5.56mm rounds. Sandy left the armory, and headed for the mess hall.

Air-Force One

"They want me to what?" President Cody Mars blinked as he looked at the military intelligence secretary. He then picked up his coffee, he was stunned at the suggestion of threatening a terrorist group that held important lives in the balance. "Don't you think that's a little... rash?"

"Sir, I don't think it's rash at all. If we act like the lives mean nothing and go for this approach, we could prevent them from taking the lives of the hostages. Frankly, sir, I think it's a completely brilliant idea." The defense secretary chimed into the conversation. There was a silence in the room for a good half minute, the president was thinking, everyone stared at him waiting for some response, but they could not read his emotions. "Sir?"

"Fine." He replied, laying back into his chair. "But not now. What time do we arrive at the presidential home?"

"An hour or so from now, sir. How are you going to format this?" The military intelligence secretary asked.

"I want to make this quiet, and not reveal to the public that I'm doing anything rash. How about a private video? If we can ship it to them. Do we even know where the hell they are?" Cody Mars raised his eyebrows.

"It was in one of their videos, Monswantel. Someone reported hearing a gunshot to the international freedom coalition not too long before the video was released. We've also tracked a phone, I think it's our best shot at their location. Sir." The defense secretary finally finished. "Oh, and sir, I don't think we can get this to them privately."

"I'll do it publicly then." The president replied. "Dismissed." Cody Mars got up and left the room, his cabinet did the same.
Last edited by The Predator Federation on Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:42 pm

Situation Room, Praetorian Guard Building
BANG! The shot on the screen made a few of the official jump in their seats. "So," started Johnson "they actually killed one of the hostages."

"Yeah. I believe we should launch an operation there immediately. We cannot wait for a reply from the other nations. We even know where they are." said Umbar.

"I have to agree with Director Umbar," said Iucundus, "but I don't feel comfortable going into Zunkwentania's sovereign territory without their permission. They may be a fellow IFC member, but still..."

"I have several agents that can be there in a few hours." replied Umbar.

"That may be what we will do. Tell them to suit up, they will be going." Said the Caesar. "I don't want any more deaths. If the Zunkwentanian government gets pissed, I will deal with it."

NRIA HQ, New Venice
"Mr. Vinculum, you will be team head. Mr. Truman, and Mr. Kattan, both of you must listen to him. Now, you all will be flown to Monswantel, Zunkwentania. You are to locate where the hostages are being held. This is Recon ONLY. You cannot engage. There will be too many." The agents looked at each other. "If you see any Spec Ops of any other nation, watch, and help them if they need it. I don't need to remind you that there are many lives at risk. Good luck."
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:45 pm

Situation Room

The gathering of watched the latest video in silence. This was partially out of shock, as well as a lingering macabre curiosity of what the terrorists had to say. Hesseren mentally quietly picked out several details, noting the terrorists hadn't even left them a method of contact. Meanwhile, analysts attempted to trace the source as it was filmed, though without much initial progress. Eventually a low murmur began to build, as the leader began bluffing his way the gun.

The live death shocked them back into stunned silence. It was more than just fear though; it was outrage. How dare an innocent be killed in such a manner. Anger fermented and the fury in Hesseren's eyes flashed brightly again. In that one moment, the room's atmosphere hardened. There weren't going to be any negotiations now.

The feed switched off, but the room stayed silent. Faces turned to Hesseren, but he felt no fear. Only a calm, implacable fury. It was time to act. He turned to his Chief of Staff.

"Get a message out to Zunkwentania immediately. Tell them we're sending a special forces team right away, via C130. Order it now, so that by the time they accept the team will have already left. Brief the team on the way there, and send another plane with spare equipment and drones when you can, but we're not wasting a moment more."

His press secretary was next. "Make a statement to reassure the nation that we are condemning such a horrific incident, and doing everything we can to hunt down the perpetrators. And that we're standing with our allies. No matter what. Then call a press conference in 48 hours. I'll be hosting it personally."

Chief spymaster and ex-colonel Flint was then issued his own orders. "Find out any intel you have, and then relay it immediately to the teams, myself and our allies. Cooperation is key here, and we need clearly established lines of communication that don't rely on approval by bureaucrats or politicians like myself. I'm effectively asking you to set up an emergency response framework, and this will form the basis of all a proper IFC intelligence unit, but for now, this just needs to be orientated to the task at hand."

Finally, Hesseren addressed his foreign minister. "Get back to Aigentir and Organised States . Inform them of what we're doing now

Only then, as the room rushed to carry out his instructions, did the Prime Minister allow himself a brief pause. The eyes never lost their intensity though; they were undimmed.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF THE VALARAN EMPIRE

Origin: The Valaran Empire
Recipients: The Wolrd
Subject: The Horrifying Acts of the Brigade of Peace
Encryption Level: Public
Importance: High

We condemn those who would dare to resort to such horrifying acts to gain what they want. Shooting unarmed hostages will bring you swift retribution. To the terrorists who would commit such butchery we say this: surrender now, or face our wrath. You have 10 hours.

stamus contra malo - we stand against evil

The Valaran Empire will be standing with its allies in this dark time. The IFC shall remain unbroken, for all the suffering it may undergo.

unitas, iustitia, spes - unity, justice, hope

We would also like to offer our deepest condolences to the family Dr. Ando Korenaga, he was an honest, upright person even in such danger; an ideal for us to follow. His name will not be forgotten.

spes vincit tenebras - hope overcomes the darkness

To the relatives of the hostages: we will be working tirelessly to free them. What will happen now is uncertain, but take some comfort from our solidarity and efforts.

dum vita est, spes est - while there is life, there is hope

Prime Minister William Hesseren Of The Valaran Empire

Last edited by Valaran on Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:14 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:15 pm

Aigeantir wrote:
To: Governments of the International Freedom Coalition
Encryption: A77

I have been instructed to be your line of contact from my government, as this is an IFC matter, and not just a crisis affecting my own nation. The Organized States, has already begun an investigation, and our intelligence will be passing along some suspects that we think could be this man who was speaking on the video. He may be one of ours. I'd encourage all of you to pass any information along about your own intelligence on the Peace Brigade to the Organized States.

We know very little so far, but our own records have several Peace Brigade chapters listed throughout our own nation from many years ago. We have already conducted police raids on these locations, turning up very little. The Peace Brigade that posted the video is apparently being led by a splinter faction, who had grown tired of peaceful protests. One of our detainees spoke of a woman named Bronwyn Merrick, who used to be an executive member of Ariarhod chapter of the Peace Brigade in the Kingdom of Aigéantir, who left somewhat unexpectedly 3 years ago to Zunkwentania and hasn't been seen since. We also have evidence that the man in the video may be a missing anarchist known as Ranald Ramsey, who had been charged several times in the past for vandalism and attacking police officers during high level government meetings, claiming to be a member of various other protest groups during this time. After his last incarceration, he broke parole and hasn't been seen in the country since then.

We pray for the safe return of your citizens, but we believe that giving in to these terrorists' demands would be a mistake, and we will not withdraw our support from the IFC at this time. If there are others who wish to withdraw from the IFC, we will not hold it against you, however the Peace Brigade is committing a criminal action, an act of aggression against us that is exactly by definition what we seek to prevent. For this reason our government will support any action used to bring these individuals to justice.

We will send along any additional information we discover.

Carroll Caomh,
Prime Minister of the International Freedom Coalition,
Delegate for the Kingdom of Aigéantir,

Origin: The Valaran Empire
Recipients: Prime Minister Carroll Caomh
CC: All other IFC Member States
Subject: The hostage situation in Zunkwentania
Encryption Level: Secure

Prime Minister and Member-States of the IFC,

Firstly, we would like to reaffirm our support of the IFC, and offer our deepest condolences and sympathies to those affected.

Secondly, we would like to thank you for your information so far. We are currently setting up a communications framework between the various intelligence agencies of the IFC, and would greatly appreciate your assistance in doing so; we must have clear channels of communication for dealing with threats both current and future.

We are currently sending a team to Zunkwentania as we speak, and so if others are doing the same, some level of tactical cooperation will also be needed; we cannot afford to blunder now. Thus, operational command should be given to one team, and a clear response coordinated with the other teams to ensure a successful resolution.

And no, we don't plan on acceding to any demands.

Sincerely,

Prime Minister William Hesseren Of The Valaran Empire

The Predator Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Predator Federation » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:42 pm

New Tag
Last edited by The Predator Federation on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Zunkwentania
Minister

Founded: Apr 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zunkwentania » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Fontaine Blue Hotel
Kairaku
Flardania

The phone rang.

"Madam President, there is an urgent matter concerning us!" uttered Selkrun with a twinge of nervosity in his voice, and a definite tone of urgency.

"What is the matter?" replied von Kandes, in an inherently calm but nervous tone.

"The Peace Brigade, a militant anti-IFC organization, has taken hostages. In Monswantel. From The New Lowlands, Wagondia, and the Organized States. They have threatened to kill them unless the IFC disbands. They have killed one hostage already."

von Kandes pulled up the video on her phone. As the hostage taking was being narrarated, von Kandes's skin began to turn pale. With considerable fright, she muttered to her chief of staff very shakily, "Have there been any reports or actions undertaken?"

Her slight stutter showed, as it normally did during stressful moments for her.

"Indeed there have been. The Aigéantíran police have done raids on Peace Brigade chapters. One of their detainees apparently spoke of a woman. Name's Bronwyn Merrick. Used to head a local chapter there, fled to Zunkwentania."

"And have we found that person?"

"We indeed did find her. She is in police custody, being questioned. We will report back. And the Valarans, they have sent a team."

"Thank you, Dave. We will resolve this. Close down the borders immediately."

"Of course."

He hung up, and von Kandes started writing.
Last edited by Zunkwentania on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zunkwentania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Zunkwentania » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Origin: Zunkwentania
Subject: RE: The hostage situation in Zunkwentania

Dear Prime Minister and IFC member nations,

We can reassure you that we are committed to the IFC. We offer our grievances to the families of those affected. Secondly, thank you for all the information you have provided. We would be glad to join such a network, and we have information of our own; Bronwyn Merrick is under Zunkwentanian police custody at the moment, and she is being questioned. Zunkwentanian borders have been closed. We are searching for the hostage takers. And finally, we hereby authorize IFC forces to enter Zunkwentania to send response teams. We thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

President Heather von Kandes of Zunkwentania

Last edited by Zunkwentania on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zunkwentania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Zunkwentania » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:18 pm

OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF ZUNKWENTANIA

Recipients: The World
Subject: The Despicable Actions of The 'Peace' Brigade
Encryption Level: Public

We deeply condemn these despicable individuals who resort to such vile actions to gain their political desire. These murderers shall not gain any sympathy; to them, we must issue an ultimatum. If you do not surrender within 10 hours, you must face the wrath of us. We will stand strong with our allies during this dark hour, for the IFC shall stand strong. We would also like to offer our gravest condolences to the families of the affected. As of now, Zunkwentania is in a Level 1 State of Emergency. All borders have been locked down. All flights have been cancelled. All ports have been blocked. Please bear with us as we attempt to resolve this situation.

Novo Wagondia
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Novo Wagondia » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:31 pm

His Majesty's Foreign Ministry
400 Riachuelo Boulevard, 1st Cvo, Santa Catalina

To: Allied nations of the IFC
Subject: In pursuit of the terroristic Peace Brigade

I'm sure it has come to the attention of you all that one of our own citizens, Dr. Ando Korenaga, suffered a terrible end at the merciless hand of the Peace Brigade not long ago; his family has been delivered the condolences of your governments and they stand with our people in thanking you for your camaraderie in the face of great loss. Even though there are no longer any Wagain hostages, we affirm our dedication to rescuing each of your citizens, and value them as much as our own. The death of the honorable doctor has allowed us to realize the grim reality of a deeply felt loss, and we will send a team of 12 paracommandos to Monswantel at once, with the intention to cooperate with all other rescue operations and bring your people home safely.

Yours respectively, Sir Cipriano Milanesi
Foreign Minister of the Wagain Commonwealth
Empire of Wagondia
Map
Prime Ministers
Santa Catalina
"Here man's feet rested at night beside the eagle's feet, in the high gory retreats, and at dawn they trod the rarefied mist with feet of thunder and touched lands and stones until they recognized them in the night"

⚔ ♕ Her Austral and Imperial Majesty, Carmen I ♕ ⚔
△▽△
Modern-day realization of Bolívar's efforts to unify Latin America, with a twist of constitutional monarchy and a dash of overseas empire. The United Fruit Company never existed, and Henry Kissinger retired as an accountant. It all started that one summer, back in Panama, 1826...
▽△▽
Demonym: Wagain

Empire of Andrew

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:00 pm

An Official Communiqué from the Kingdom Of Aigéantir

To the Terrorist Organization Known as The Peace Brigade,

The Kingdom Of Aigéantir requests that you immediately release your hostages. The IFC and its allies will not be bullied by a hypocritical organization that uses terror to force a so-called peace. Your ideology is flawed, as it is through military prevention, not invasion that we assist those in need, and prevent crimes against civilians. A strong defense is what keeps our nations protected, and a strong alliance prevents an invasion. You will be sorry that you tried to twist an act of terror into an act of peace!

Please lay down your weapons and turn over Mr. Ramsey to the authorities. You may face less severe punishment if you give yourselves up now.

The choice is yours,

High King Conchobar II,
Kingdom of Aigéantir

To the Member of the IFC,

The Kingdom Of Aigéantir stands firmly with you against these backwards terrorists, and will assist in any way in aiding the hunt for the Peace Brigade splinter faction. A contingent of Beartas, our special forces, will be flown in to Zunkwentania to assist the government of Zunkwentania and our allied forces already on the ground in tracking down the terrorists. Furthermore, we are flying in a division of soldiers to assist the Zunkwentanian government directly with keeping order, as we know times like these can cause a mass panic, stretching policing resources thin.

Sincerely,

High King Conchobar II,
Kingdom of Aigéantir

Peace Brigade
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Peace Brigade » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:15 pm

Undisclosed Location

As the hostages came to, they realize they were in a new location. The walls were dark, there were crates everywhere, and a strong wet smell all around them. The Scottish man stepped forward to the hostages, grabbing Ms. Philips by the hair, he bent down and whispered into her ear "You know that I haven't been with a woman in a while. I might let you go, or even kill you last if you were to... satisfy my needs." Ms. Philips said nothing, but tried to hold back tears. The Scottish man turned and spun, slapping her across the face, and forcing a yelp out of Ms. Philips. She couldn't hold back the tears any longer. "Looks like the bitch is still a little shy," he remarked to his companions. "Maybe she'll warm up to us after she gets to know us a little better, on a more, personal level," He added coyly and menacingly.

Peter, the cameraman motioned that the equipment was ready to go. The Scottish man turned towards the camera, trading his smile for a more solemn face.

"To the foolish nations of the IFC. I thought one dead hostage was enough of an incentive to ban your corrupt war-mongering alliance, but clearly you don't learn very quickly. Likely you're following some lead to our last location, only to find us long gone. This time I will personally call upon the Organized States to immediately withdraw from the IFC, and in return we will release your hostages. Your government claims to be for the people. A model democratic nation, and therefore I question why neither your government or opposition see war-mongering as an archaic practice in our much more advanced age.

I say again, leave the IFC and we will return your two hostages. Yes, I said two hostages." He pointed the CP-1911 at Congressman Gordon and fired. BANG. Ms. Philips let out a scream, and Congressman Chester Gordon slumped. "Our hostages are getting fewer the longer you take. I hope you take our threats seriously, and I hope the Socialist party of the Organized States considers our view more strongly in the future."

Suddenly the room shifted slightly, and the Congressman's body and chair fell sideways against the metal floor. "Shut the camera's off, we have a storm rolling in." They cut the feed to the cameras, just as the room tilted slightly to the left.

"And now I think Ms. Philips needs to be loosened up a little." The Scottish man remarked to his companions.

Zunkwentania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Zunkwentania » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:45 pm

Subject: Bronwyn Merrick

Dear Prime Minister and IFC member nations,

We have found in our interrogation and investigation of Bronwyn Merrick that she was involved in a plot to overthrow the Zunkwentanian government around the time she arrived. She, however, has not committed any criminal acts or been linked to any groups, and she has testified that she left the group. She also testified that The Peace Brigade was operating in Zunkwentania. When asked where key holdouts were, she told us that they constantly move; however there is one permanent point in Astelinor. This base has been raided. While no members could be found, after a close inspection, we found arms and anesthetics. We think that the hostages may be nearby, given the fact that anesthetic supplies are kept here. Ms. Merrick is being flown to Musrum to testify in front of council. We wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,

Last edited by Zunkwentania on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:47 pm

The Taisuist Autocratic Republic of Flardania

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

Origin: Office of Junko Enoshima
Sender: Junko Enoshima, Director of Cipher Pol 9
Recipient: Affected members of IFC/IFC
Subject:Hostages
Date: 2/02/20XX
Encryption:High/Urgent

Bonjour et Kon'nichiwa,

Cipher Pol 9 has reason to believe that this Peace Brigade is located on ship in an area of Zunkwentania that has a storm as was seen in the latest relased video. We believe there have not gone very far. Furthemore as members of the IFC, Cipher Pol 9 would like to dispatch some of our agents for your next rescue mission. We are alarm at the already tragic loss of life but Chester Gordon was a clue a lead. We must be careful in how we go about this and CP 9 hopes we can save as many people as possible.

Regards,
Ms. Junko Enoshima
Director of Cipher Pol 9 De La République Autocratic De Flardania
Last edited by Flardania on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:38 am

To the Member of the IFC,

The Kingdom Of Aigéantir may be able to confirm the location of the Peace Brigade as being on a ship. We have recently conducted an investigation into the shipping schedules within the territorial waters and have noticed that there are currently five ships without any clear destination or registration within a short distance of Zunkwentania. The Renata, the Caelestis, the Cloudraker, the Silverbolt, and the Fitzroy Reynolds, are all larger cargo vessels, that have not registered a destination, and have all left within a similar time, shortly after the second video. We are suggesting that our governments coordinate several simultaneous attempts to board these vessels and detain the Peace Brigade if onboard. Admittedly, the evidence here is not very concrete, but with very little time to spare we will need to act soon.

Sincerely,

High King Conchobar II,
Kingdom of Aigéantir

Peace Brigade
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Peace Brigade » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:03 am

Undisclosed Location

Ms. Philips had experienced a constant alternation between pleasure and pain, for a long while now, to the point that she didn't know how long it had lasted. The hostage takers would start by hitting her continually, then turn around and offer her food. The first few times she was wary when they had grown kind, expecting a trick, but no trick came. They'd let her eat, and then start hitting her again. When she thought it wouldn't stop, they'd offer her something to drink. This continued for some time until she had now reached the point that she stopped feeling the beatings, and started enjoying the pleasures. Her hostages were quite kind once you got to know them. Yes, the Scottish man had made good on his threats to rape her, which he had done a few times, but now instead of fearing him, she had found herself beginning to enjoy his presence, even maybe love him a little too. This ordeal had revealed a lot she didn't know about herself, and the world. There definitely was something wrong with the government's obsession with war. The Organized States had not left the IFC, and she was seeing as her captors had shown her, that the organization was a corrupt, unnecessary, war-mongering entity that had no place in modern times. In an effort to assist her captors, and to hopefully draw out the opportunities of pleasure over pain, she had offered her services to write a speech for the next video. Now they were back in the ship's hold, her sitting on the chair, she had been tied to much earlier, hands free, and ready to read off her statement.

The Scottish man approached her, she gave him a slight smile, as they indicated that they were starting the recording,

"To the members International Freedom Coalition, your governments must leave and disband this organization immediately before any more of us are injured or killed. I have now come to know the Peace Brigade as an honest and valiant group of warriors who stand as a beacon of hope for peace in an uncertain time. I have written these words myself. I am not being coaxed or made to say something I didn't write. I just want to express how much I feel I have changed and grown from this experience. Now, as proof, I'd like to confess my own actions of having an affair with Vice President Meyers, and offer proper justice to his country and to his family for turning his back on both of them."

She stood up, the Scottish man had continued to just stand near her during the video, but now offered his pistol to Ms. Philips. She took the CP-1911 and aimed it at Vice President Meyers' head, shooting him dead. "Once again, my friends from the Peace Brigade would like to remind you that you're running out of time, and now I am as well. Disband the IFC, and we will be able to live a much more happier, peaceful life, free of the tyranny of a democracy-pushing organization."

They cut the camera feed.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:55 pm

N.I.A. Safehouse, Undisclosed

"Go order. It's a ship." said one of the plain-clothes operators as he handed an OP-ORD to Midas, the TF Makin team leader in the country. They'd been airlifted to Zunkwentania, discreetly aboard a civilian airliner 5 hours ago and were awaiting orders. It looked like they finally came.

"Alright boys, gear up. Internet Cafe, 20 minutes from here looks like our target area. Possibly from where they're uploading." said Midas, as he grabbed a rifle of the table before putting on a vest.

20 Minutes later, 48 miles off the coast of Zunkwentania

The rain continued to patter against the side of the helicopter and on the Raiders' iWarriors as two UH-68 Mojaves approached their target area, a Zunkwentanian-flagged, small cargo ship by the name of Cloudraker. It was spotted an hour after Cipher Pol 9 suggested that the hostages might be held aboard a ship off the Zunkwentanian coast. The Sikorsky UH-68A Mojave, was a development of the MH-X, a stealth helicopter first used in 2011 during Special Forces operations in Southwestern Asia. It was due to replace the UH-60 in standard OS service by 2023, but due to high costs, it was unlikely to replace the venerable Blackhawk anytime soon. The preproduction models, however, were used in dozens of Special Forces operations, particularly these two for the Marine raid on the Bounty.

Covered by two OSN North American Aviation F-36B Fury IIs operating off of the OSS Endeavor. Like the UH-68, it was another expensive aircraft, except the Fury II and its Air Force counterpart from which it was developed, the F-36A Sabre II. The Fury II was a 5th generation stealth fighter, designed to replace the obselescent F/A-18E/Fs in the OS Navy.

"Redstone Actual, this is Mako 1-1, ETA 5 Mikes. How copy over?" a voice rang in the Marines' headset.

"Redstone actual, be advised any and all contacts aboard the vessels are confirmed hostiles, keep Target 3 alive." another voice rang from the NIA safehouse.

"Go, Go, Go!" said one of the Raiders as ropes dropped onto the deck of the ship.

"Team One on deck, clear! Clear!" said one of the Marines.

The other UH-68 moved towards the ship's tall story bridge, dropping off a second team of 8 Raiders.

The Silverbolt

WIP

The Renata

WIP

The Fitzroy Reynolds

WIP
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Date: 3.2.2015

To: Member Nations of the IFC
Subject: Unidentified Ships
Encryption: High

Dear IFC Members,

We have received the message from High King Conchobar II. We have a special operations team on an intercept course to the Caelestis. A UAV is currently monitoring the ship. There is also a Visby class Corvette on the way. The ship was in the area when we recieved the message. It will intercept the Caelestis in 3 hours. The MC-53 will arrive within the next hour.

SPQR,
Ferdinand Umbar
Director of the New Roman Intelligence Agency

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents