NATION

PASSWORD

USA General Assembly Chamber (Sunalaya Only IC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Soviet Jason Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:35 pm

The USJR votes YEA on Resolution 19
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Capsland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Capsland votes NAY on Resolution 19
Don't take anything I say seriously... Seriously.
Currently sleeping in the region of Sunalaya

"I drink to forget but I always remember" - Helen the hall monitor

#SingleStateSolution4Ventismar

SuperFruitland
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby SuperFruitland » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:43 pm

SuperFruitLand votes YEA on Resolution 19

Oblaren
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:22 pm

Oblaren abstains.
Last edited by Oblaren on Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aznazia
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:44 pm

deleted
Last edited by Aznazia on Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Federal Republic of Aznazia

My Political View: https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=4.13&soc=2.82
Pro: USA, Guns, Republic, Capitalism, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Gay Rights, Patriotism, Environment, Green Energy.
Anti: Communism, Corruption, Crony-Capitalism, Accommodation, Fascism, Religious Extremism, Neo-Progressivism.
Peace Time: 450,000 total

Breakdown by branch (peace time):
    -Army: 250,000
    -Navy: 100,000
    -Marines: 35,000
    -Air force: 65,000
Population: 98.362 Million
Current Chancellor: Fredrick Pudikov
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Dwight Folwer
Press Secretary: David Piers
Aznazian Trade Secretary: Christopher Olson

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:08 pm

Rezua voted yea
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Lindenholt
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:47 pm

Lindenholt votes NAY to resolution #19
For information: http://iiwiki.us/wiki/Lindenholt
Come to Sunalaya, you'll enjoy it! Sunalaya
This user supports a single state solution for Ventismar.

New Paris 2014, never forget
This user supports a seven state solution for Bograel-Joguestine.

Allentyr
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Allentyr » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:29 am

Allentyr votes NAY on Resolution 19
Steam
Blazedtown wrote:I'll spell reaganomincs in your bathroom mirror in blood, and remove minorities from from your family photo albums

Sediczja wrote:
Basseemia wrote:You sound gross. Learn some hygiene.

Hey, showering is for little girls. You're not a real man until the rot on your crotch is an inch thick.

Mefpan wrote:I don't think we need a source to prove that the economy is interconnected and doesn't run on muahahahaium, the secret element that comes into existence whenever someone hatches a nefarious plan.

Emperial Germany wrote:
Greater Weselton wrote:Would you like her to show up in your bedroom at 3:00 A.M. in full witch attire?

Would you like me to show up in your bedroom at 3:00 A.M in full Joker attire?

Smoya
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:25 am

Smoya votes Nay to Resolution 19.
Visit Sunalaya!

Ripuaria
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:29 am

Ripuaria votes NAY to Resolution 19.
Only high quality posts are provided here!*
*For complains TG me so I could ignore you :3

Aznazia
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:59 am

The Federal Republic of Aznazia abstains from voting on Resolution 19.

Pro: USA, Guns, Republic, Capitalism, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Gay Rights, Patriotism, Environment, Green Energy.
Anti: Communism, Corruption, Crony-Capitalism, Accommodation, Fascism, Religious Extremism, Neo-Progressivism.

Zenuha
Secretary

Founded: Sep 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zenuha » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:52 pm

The Federal Republic of Zenuha votes NAY to resolution #19
Last edited by Zenuha on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IRL Political Views
Gamers rise up.

Aznazia
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:02 am

The United Sunalayan
Assembly Official Document

Resolution For The General Assembly

Resolution Name: Resolution 20: Laws of annexation, integration, and occupation of sovereign territory.

Description: It has come to the attention of Aznazia that the issue of how nations integrate and annex territory from outside their national borders is not addressed in international law. It is believed that the USA must govern and regulate annexations and integration of a sovereign state into a pre-existing nation's territorial claims.

Article 1

i.) Nations may occupy territory in times of war or during a USA military intervention. However the people of said territory still rightfully control the land and should have it returned to them as soon as fighting has concluded.

ii.) A nation may not "forcefully integrate" (annex) territory under its control unless the local population holds a fair and open referendum to join the occupying nation. Such a referendum must be sanctioned by the government of the territory and not by the occupying nation. In order to join a nation, it is recommended that no less than a 2/3rd's majority must vote to join the occupying nation.

iii.) Such regulations are in place to protect not only the regional population from oppression but also stop the growth of revolutionary groups in said region.

Article 2

i.) Before officially integrating territory into its borders, the nation requesting integration must allow the local populous to hold a referendum to decide if it will join into a union.

ii.) Tampering with the referendum via "soft power", military threats, or covert operation will result in a denunciation from the USA, an investigation by the USA and the possible deployment of USA Peacekeepers.

ii.) If the referendum to join fails, then the territory should be protected by the USA from being forcefully integrated without the consent of the local population.

iii.) If any nation that annexes a territory, it is the responsibility of the USA Assembly to convene to discuss that causes for annexation and actions to be taken by the USA.

Article 3

i.) Unlawful annexation will result in an immediate denunciation from the USA and an investigation to determine the best course of action to ensure that the annexed territory is returned to it's rightful owner via political, economic, or military channels.

ii.) Once the occupying nation agrees to negotiate they must agree to return the territory to it's rightful owner, withdraw all military forces in the territory, and promise to never again lay claim to the territory.

iii.) If the local population of the territory asks, USA Peacekeepers may be deployed to ensure security and provide assistance with running the territory.

Amendment 1

Unclaimed/ stateless territory is also protected under Resolution #20

Signed,
Juliet Travis
United Sunalayan Ambassador for The Federal Republic of Aznazia
Last edited by Aznazia on Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Lindenholt
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:27 am

The Kingdom of Lindenholt votes YAY on resolution #GA20 proposed by Aznazia

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:03 am

Rhodevus votes YAY on resolution 20 and proposes the addition of a clause wherein this resolution also applies to land and areas controlled by an indigenous people that do not form a unified country.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Aznazia
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:36 pm

Rhodevus wrote:Rhodevus votes YAY on resolution 20 and proposes the addition of a clause wherein this resolution also applies to land and areas controlled by an indigenous people that do not form a unified country.

It does since the people have de facto control over the territory but are not a recognized state. My next resolution will be to approve of the creation of a Turkish state.

Lindenholt
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:24 pm

OOC: TL;DR: Basically I'm giving everyone basic rights, voting nay means you're a tyrannical dictatorship! :P

The United Sunalayan

Resolution Name: Resolution on basic human rights and duties for every Sunalayan, #GA21

Description: In order to prevent tyranny of governments and other groups my nation sees it as a duty to formally propose the rights and duties of all humans on our planet.

NOTES That the USA has not enacted any formal laws on the basic human rights of all the people

URGES The Assembly to pass such legislation in order to guard every human's rights

HEREBY PRESENTS THE ASSEMBLY WITH:

The Resolution On Basic Human Rights And Duties For Every Sunalayan
Preamble
It should be every member state's intention to increase the quality of life for its people. Regimes who fail to do this should be deemed unfit to govern. It is the Assembly's duty to enforce these laws, and formally give the people of each and every nation the rights they deserve. Although all member states should agree that every human should be treated with dignity and respect there are still events in our world which contradict these believes. In order to bring these people to justice it is necesarry to formally write down the rights and duties of all people.

Article I. Each and every human being is born equal and distinction on any grounds is deemed illegal, and the Assembly tasks member states to bring those who do differentiate between newborn children to justice. Every human is a brother or sister and it is every person's duty to treat them that way. Furthermore, it is every person's right to be treated with respect and dignity. It is every person's duty to treat others with dignity and respect. Failing to do your duty as a world citizen should be seen as a criminal offence by all nation states.

Article II. All world citizens are entitled to all freedoms that are proclaimed in this treaty, without distinction of any kind. Including, but not limited to, sexual preference, political ideology, race, language, religion, sex or wealth.

Article III. Every world citizen has a right to security from what ever threat. And it is every world citizen's and state's task to keep everyone safe.

Article IV. No human shall be kept as a slave or be exploited. All people of the world have the right to liberty.

Article V. No person shall be above the law, all are equal to the law, and all persons shall be entitled to a quick and fair trial.

Article VI. No person shall be subjected to unnecessary punishment, exile, torture or detention.

Article VII. No person that is suspected from committing a criminal offence shall be presumed as guilty until a free and fair trial, as explained in Article V, has declared them guilty based on evidence.

Article VIII. No person's privacy shall be invaded without a justifiable reason, doing so is considered a violation of human rights, all shall be protected from said violation by a nation state's laws.

Article IX. All world citizens have the right of freedom of movement, and entry cannot be denied for an invalid reason.

Article X. All persons have the right to a nationality and are protected from nations revoking one's nationality for invalid reasons; it is every citizen's duty to fulfil their duties as a citizen of a member state. Furthermore, every person has the right to be stateless.

Article XI. All people have the right to apply for any nationality they wish, and nation states can not deny someone from renouncing his or her nationality

Article XII. All consenting adults have the right to marry, start a family and/or divorce. Without any limitations, and the rights of all married couples shall be preserved by the state.

Article XIII. All people have a right to property, and no one will be deprived from his or her property.

Article XIV. All people have freedom of thought, religion, political ideology and sexual preference. And all shall have the right to do what ever they wish with their body.

Article XV. All people have the freedom of opinion, and of information. And member states will not limit their citizen's in gathering information, or in having opinions.

Article XVI. All people have the right to participate in their government, be it in the form of founding political parties, voting for elected representatives etc.

Article XVII. All people have a right to food, clothes, clean drinking water, a home, a family, love and caring people, education, healthcare, information, internet, fun and sexual interaction.

Article XVIII. Everyone, as a member of their society, will have access to help from their government during illness, unemployment and any other unfortunate situation. And it is a government's duty to provide such services.

Article XIX. All people have the right for a fair wage for their work, good working conditions, freedom of employment, the freedom for trade unions, and paid holidays for leisure, rest or religious reasons. And all nation states will enact legislation for fair minimum wages and they will protect their people's rights on the work floor

Article XX. As mentioned in Article XVII, all people have the right to education. Education shall be accessible for everyone with no distinctions between students, education shall be objective and shall be aimed at improving the students as a person and will teach them basic knowledge.

Article XXI. All people have the right to benefit from scientific advancement, and no nation state will stop their people from practising science or using science.

Article XXII. All people have the right to have their own culture, and to practice any culture they wish. Without any interference from nation states.

Article XXIII. All people will have the right to a government that acknowledges these rights and duties and pledges to follow them.

Signed,
United Sunalayan Ambassador for Lindenholt
Last edited by Lindenholt on Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aznazia
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:44 pm

The Federal Republic of Aznazia votes Yay on resolution #21.
Last edited by Aznazia on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Rhodevus votes YAY to resolution 21.
Rhodevus also notes that this resolution will not be accepted among Communist countries (which control all property) or highly religious countries (which may limit the cultures allowed in their nation)
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:24 pm

The Armed Technocratic State of Zanera votes AYE to Resolutions 20 & 21, and doubly approves of Article XXI of Resolution 21.

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:31 pm

Rezua votes ABSTAINS to resolution 20
Last edited by Rezua on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Capsland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:29 am

The Empire of Capsland votes YAY for Resolution 20 and YAY for resolution 21.
Don't take anything I say seriously... Seriously.
Currently sleeping in the region of Sunalaya

"I drink to forget but I always remember" - Helen the hall monitor

#SingleStateSolution4Ventismar

Lindenholt
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:36 am

The United Sunalayan

Resolution Name: The Lindian Supremacy Treaty #04-01/01-04

Description: Lindenholt is the most powerful nations in Sunalaya. It is time this was documented as an official law. Hereby:

I. The Assembly approves the genocide on all the Jasonians, and the rest of Ophionite scum

II. The Assembly's nations hereby will become a direct part of the Lindian Reich

III. Recognizes the supremacy of the Lindian race

IV. Restricts freedom of religion, and only alows world citizens to be atheist

V. Hereby disbands the USA, because all nations will be united under the Lindian flag

Signed,

United Sunalayan Lindian Ambassador Chairman for the Lindian Reich

Calm down your tits, it's an April fool's joke.
Last edited by Lindenholt on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grosripuareich
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Grosripuareich » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:42 am

Lindenholt wrote:
The United Sunalayan

Resolution Name: The Lindian Ripuarian Supremacy Treaty #04-01/01-04

Description: Lindenholt Großripuareich is the most powerful nations in Sunalaya the universe. It is time this was documented as an official law. Hereby:

I. The Assembly approves the genocide on all the Jasonians, and the rest of Ophionite scum expect Ripuarians

II. The Assembly's nations hereby will become a direct part of the Lindian Ripuarian Reich

III. Recognizes the supremacy of the Lindian Ripuarian race

IV. Restricts freedom of religion, and only alows world citizens to be atheist Freiburger

V. Hereby disbands the USA, because all nations will be united under the Lindian Ripuarian flag

Signed,

United Sunalayan Lindian Ambassador Chairman for the Lindian punny Reich

The Dominion of Großripuareich votes YEA to Resolution #04-01/01-04 proposed by Lindenholt with slight alterations

Lindenholt
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:43 am

Grosripuareich wrote:
Lindenholt wrote:
The United Sunalayan

Resolution Name: The Lindian Ripuarian Supremacy Treaty #04-01/01-04

Description: Lindenholt Großripuareich is the most powerful nations in Sunalaya the universe. It is time this was documented as an official law. Hereby:

I. The Assembly approves the genocide on all the Jasonians, and the rest of Ophionite scum expect Ripuarians

II. The Assembly's nations hereby will become a direct part of the Lindian Ripuarian Reich

III. Recognizes the supremacy of the Lindian Ripuarian race

IV. Restricts freedom of religion, and only alows world citizens to be atheist Freiburger

V. Hereby disbands the USA, because all nations will be united under the Lindian Ripuarian flag

Signed,

United Sunalayan Lindian Ambassador Chairman for the Lindian punny Reich

The Dominion of Großripuareich votes YEA to Resolution #04-01/01-04 proposed by Lindenholt with slight alterations

Didn't we already exterminate your people for putting that dude on our currency? :P

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents