NATION

PASSWORD

Hostage situation in Astholm! [OOC, MT, OPEN]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Hostage situation in Astholm! [OOC, MT, OPEN]

Postby Astholm » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:17 pm

BREAKING NEWS
1:38pm, Oxtedham, Surrey, Astholm
In Oxtedham, Surrey, Astholm, hostages have been taken, at the Sandbourne Library, which forms part of the Sandbourne Library and [BORDERING NATION].

The tourist attraction, famed for being on the international boundary between Astholm and [NATION], which receives over 500,000 visitors every year, is on lockdown, as police on both sides of the boundary work out how to handle this escalating situation.

Due to its nature of being an international incidents, the South Surrey Constabulary are having to work with the Astholm Metropolitan Police (ASTMEP) as well as the bordering nation's force.

At this time, it is not known what the motives are for holding the tourists hostage.

We are currently getting reports of the following nationalities being held hostage within the Sandbourne Library building:

52 Astholmians
34 Canadians
32 Americans
9 Australians
22 Russians
16 [NATION TO BE DECIDED]
62 [NATION TO BE DECIDED]
81 [NATION TO BE DECIDED]
83 [NATION TO BE DECIDED]

In all, 391 people are held hostage. It is, at this time, not believed to be connected to any known terrorist group, and we will bring you more as it happens.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:20 pm

RULES
1. No god-moding.

2. This is not about the military; it is a character-driven RP with the plot being a hostage crisis.

3. No personal attacks.

4. OOC comments belong here, not within the IC thread.

5. NS rules apply.

6. I will only make people leave if they ignore these basic rules.

Also, write as your character would speak; if you have to, do some basic research, I've been looking at slang etc. that some of my characters will speak in.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:20 pm

PARTICIPANTS
Astholm
On IIWiki

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:23 pm

Application sheet

Code: Select all
[b]Name[/b]
[b]Age[/b]
[b]Place of birth[/b]
[b]Biography[/b]
[b]Image[/b] [spoiler][/spoiler]

On IIWiki

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:39 pm

My character apps:
Name John Howells
Age 32
Place of birth Loughton Weald, Nordale, Astholm
Biography John was born to Anglo-Scottish parents in April 1983. He was born into a family on a council estate in Loughton Weald. He moved to Oxtedham in 2004, aged 21, and has remained ther ever since.

John has done many jobs, from pizza chef, to service station cashier, and now works in the Sandbourne Library managing their cafe,

Name Michelle Everett
Age 34
Place of birth Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Biography Michelle was born to an English-Astholmian father, John, and a Canadian mother, Martha, from Halifax, Nova Scotia. She is of English, Danish and Quebecois descent. Michelle moved over to Astholm aged 3 years old, because her father wished to return to Astholm. They moved to Staines, Surrey, in the United Kingdom, part of Astholm, and she lived there until she was 25, before moving down the road to nearby Caterham in Surrey, where she lived for 2 years, and then she moved again, this time to Woodmansterne, in Surrey, Astholm (an enclave of the original Woodmansterne - physically reached by going through another part of Astholm to get to Surrey)
She applied to join the Surrey Constabulary aged 21, and has worked for them for 13 years now, having been there since March 2001.

Outside of work, she retains an interest in automobiles, music, Canadian culture and sometimes attends expat Canadian events in Astholm.

Michelle is considering leaving the police to find a new career. As of this time, she is on holiday, visiting the library, when she gets caught up in the hostage situation...
(Michelle is on the right)
On IIWiki

Return to International Incidents