NATION

PASSWORD

The War of Eastern Aggressions (Closed - Rostil Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Estainia
Senator

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

The War of Eastern Aggressions (Closed - Rostil Only)

Postby Estainia » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:07 am

Time and Pressure are the two most powerful elements on Earth, seconded only to Water. That's all it takes really, Pressure and Time. That, and a turbulent past and half a dozen wars and a drawer full of skirmishes. Finally they sought help from someone outside, diplomats spent hours deliberating with a Kagetorian mediator to avoid a potential melt down into full scale conflict, Confederacy's, Unitary States, everything had been proposed but none of it accepted.

Finally Kagetora simply suggested a single one mile stretch of land, ceded to the Kagetorian Shogunite and utilized as a DMZ, also known as a Demilitarized Zone. The two agreed and the DMZ was constructed, manned by the Kagetorians and treated as their sovereign territory. It was subject to Kagetorian Law, passports required to get to one state or the other, air travel requested permissions to fly over the one mile stretch.

In the end, despite the efforts of the Kagetorians, it was all for naught. It was expected to happen eventually though, anyone who knew how the two thought knew how the out come would be. An all out brawl, a fight to the absolute destruction of the other. That time had come to pass and the two now glaring one another down in the final days of an icy cold war awaited the preemptive strike of it's twin. On both sides of the DMZ the two prepared for battle with a notable up build of forces of all kinds. Finally the fateful day came and at last all the fates of the nations rested now in the hands of the almighty Gods as it would be the final choice of Fate on who was to win.

Estainian-Kagetorian Demilitarized Zone, July 14th - 2015

The sun arched over up high over the rolling hills and plains of the Estainian countryside. Broken only by the horrid shape of a man made structure that dominated all the air for miles in all directions. The Wall as it had come to be called, though there were few physical structures there. Just outside of the distance of the human eye stood what was going to crack it. The Wall most unfortunately was about to come crashing down in accordance of a response to an age old enemy. They had never hated the Kagetorians even though their ideologies clashed. It was not of the decision though of the two artillery crews manning two utterly massive Estainian Siege Cannons. Precisely one mile away behind another rise there was a similar scene, two massive guns manned by equal crews, each and every mile along the entire DMZ.

Behind these crews along the front-line of the DMZ were several hundred thousand military units consisting of tanks, jeeps, trucks, men, IFVs and APCs, Artillery batteries and in the skies above the roar of jet engines could be heard. Estainia was going to war.

At the exact same moment several hundred miles away in the Kremlin, a different battle was being prepared for.

Valingrad, Estainia - The Kremlin

The Premier looked haggered, she hadn't been well for months and there was no medical explanation of why exactly she was so ill. Of course anyone who knew her would know why. Maria had just been hospitalized, as such Elizabeta was anywhere but the top of her game. Yet here she was, soldiering on before the People's Council. "Where. Do we stand?" She said simply directing the military leaders bluntly.

"With due respect, a war with Kagetora is winnable, but. The costs onto the people and state will be astroniomical, having been watching their military for years we can tell you one thing, Premier. If we fight Kagetora, it's going to be bloody and long. Their most elite unit varies from force to force, they have an elite ground, air, and naval force each one up to par if not better than the State Guard." One of the Military Analysts said.

Another Analyst was expected to raise his or her head but it was replaced by an old hand, wrinkled with lines and experience. At the end of that hand was a very old man dressed in a very thread-bare suit. "We do not want war with the Glorious Shogunate. If we bring down the Kagetorian Hammer, the blood toll will rise until we are drowned." The old man was Charles Patterson, the Minister of Foreign Affairs and De-facto head of the country due simply to his experience and popularity.

"Our navy is inadequate against an island nation. Fighting them at sea will only lead to their victory. They will sweep aside our outdated fighters, exception given to those rare F-15's. Our Ground Forces will repel them for a while but they will push through. If we..." He paused, weighing his words "If we go to assault that Demilitarized Zone, we must make sure. Though it is regrettable of me to say this, that not one Kagetorian makes it out of there alive." Normally a chivalrous and honorable man, this earned a lot of glances.

"We will, however inform our enemy of our decision." The Military minds looked at him like he was mental. "When a warrior is blind, we wait for him to see. When his back is turned we wait for him to face us. When he is not armed, we offer him a sword." Patterson said slowly.

Edo, Kagetora - Estainian Embassy Compound

Morris Henderson sat his desk, razor blade in hand as he sliced through the sheets of paper, letters bound for the Imperial Palace. He has to throughly examine each and every one of them to make sure that none of the Estainians who chose to live in Kagetora got shot by the KIA or NKVD for stupidity. It was his job, aside from keeping citizens of his country alive, to keep open relations with Kagetora. He was an educated and successful ambassador, speaking fluent Kagetorian, Zazean and was working on learning Xin Hanian.

When his phone started to ring he picked it up, there was no direct information, only that a document was being faxed and that it was of the utmost importance. Henderson suddenly got a sinking feeling in his gut that he had to deliver what he really didn't want to deliver. The fax machine next to his desk started printing and he read off the paper as it came down.

Declaration of Intention

To: Shogun Tokugawa Ienara
Subject: Honorable Warnings
Encryption: Null-0

Honorable Shogun, I write to at a late how in the final hours of a drum beat of history. I wish you and your family well and offer my blessings onto your house for generations to come. However I do not write to you simply to wish you good health. I write onto you at the ending of an era, the turning of a page. For some hundred years now to the day the remnants of the Russo-Spanish Empire linger on in existence in West Estainia. As you know, Honorable Shogun, we have less than warm relations with our sister state. So much to the point you were asked to form a barrier between us.

It has come from beyond my power, though I will admit unto you that I was the one who suggested how we will assault, that as soon as we have confirmation you have seen this letter. Well, Honorable Shogun by that time it will be too late. Our forces shall pour across the Kagetorian Demilitarized Zone with the single intent of conquering West Estainia once and for all. I apologize from the bottom of my being for involving your brave soldiers into this civil matter.

Sincerely,
Charles Patterson

Morris took up the letter and folded it neatly, putting it into an envelope which went into a case he called for his car to be made ready. He had never intended on this, and adjusted his tie while in a cold sweat.

(Summary: East-West War take two, Lisosians only, and even then the only ones deploying forces are, West Estainia, East Estainia, Kagetora, Xin Han, Stoklomolvi, Birkaine. Other nations of Lisosia are free to send condemnations and what not.)
Last edited by Estainia on Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Empire of the Etai
Is a bit of magic your thing, or scientific post-modernism?
Consider joining Rostil today and help build a lasting setting!

West Estainia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby West Estainia » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:29 am

It's hard to believe that just fifty years before the two had gotten along. There were no mediators or walls standing between them. Then of course the changes came, The Romanov's came into power effectively discarding the last remaining link to the Imperial Dynasty's of the Greater Russo-Spanish Empire, The Yordanov's. The Romanov family was viewed as radical bordering on the insane. Egomaniacs who had illusions of grandeur, all of them had common traits.

They were all excellent rulers, not one among them was a tyrant sadly that's about the point the good traits ended. They were all disillusioned with dreams of grandeur and empire, and they had flaring tempers that randomly popped up that often caused others pain and even death. Above all they were all horrid diplomats.

The current ruler of the Empire, Natasha Romanov is perhaps seen as the most controversial Empress of the Empire since it was the Russo-Spanish Empire. Not exactly a visionary the Empress brought the Empire to a period of relative prosperity countered with extremely icy relations with the other state. She reverted naval technology to a more 'civilized time' and pretty much eliminated missile based munitions through out every branch but the air-force. On the other hand she advanced the economy and ground forces to new levels. On top of that she had a deep obsessive love for Imperial cultural of all types and backgrounds.

Natasha in the recent years had been ever building her military and economy ever strengthening her small queendom. Modernizing equipment and upgrading logistics all in preparation for what she knew was going to happen eventually. When the East came pouring over the DMZ, the West would be ready and more than happy to receive them.

West Estainian-Kagetorian Demilitarized Zone

On the Western side of the DMZ, the Imperial Army had been building up it's defenses for years. A literal ring of castles and fortifications rose from the Earth at various intervals, each placed close enough to the others to reinforce but far enough apart to not crowd.

Each of these were interconnected by slightly divided concrete and flag stone wall emplacements. The Eastern Line was the first line of defense against a possible Eastern invasion, it was built in the worry that the DMZ simply wouldn't be enough to stop the other state.

Artillery batteries and Paladin Howitzers stuck out from the battlements of the fortifications that were manned year round. Always on a never ending alert at the possibility of an attack. It was here that the great battle of the age would be fought, and decided.
Tsardom of Estainia
Nomadic, and looking

Kagetora
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:22 pm

Ienara was in the middle of dinner when a knock on the door came. Unsurprisingly, his father Ieto, who still hadn't quite gotten used to the idea that he no longer was in charge of the country, called out to the servant that stood at the door to let them in.

As the great reinforced wooden doors opened, the liaison from the Foreign Ministry came in and bowed deeply, a sheet of paper in his hand.

"My lords and lady, I bring grave news from the Estainian embassy."

"Which one?" asked both father and son simultaneously. A quick glance from Ienara, intended to remind his father of his new position, was responded to with a quick apology.

"East Estainia my lords. In short, a declaration of war."

Ienara's eyebrows furrowed. Though he had expected something like this for awhile, hearing it was different than imagining it. Setting his chopsticks down in the bowl he was eating from, he used his other hand to rub his forehead in thought. Squeezing his eyes, ignoring just about everything in the room, the Shogun ordered the liaison to bring over the document.

With the sheet of paper resting on the ornate table in front of him, and his right arm propping up his head, he read one of the most disheartening, and yet honorable, letters he had read in his political career. While it was terrible news that the Kagetorian presence in Estainia was most likely exterminated, and the families they belonged to now missing sons and husbands, it was a happy thought that there were still people in the world who wouldn't follow the path of modern surprise tactics.

"Bring me a pen and paper." ordered the Shogun.

Several minutes later, after the items were procured, the Shogun personally penned a letter in response.

Dear Charles Patterson,

It is not without regret that in effect, you have just declared war on my nation by not only killing Kagetorian paramilitaries, but trespassing upon sovereign Kagetorian territory. As such, it is my duty to defend my country. While it was not originally my intention, it is now necessary to, as per logic, aid West Estainia in this illegal attack of yours, and declare war on your state.

The embassy in Kagetora will be maintained, however, all non-civilian personnel, meaning guards, will be deported back to your nation unharmed. I promise the government will not harm expatriates from your nation.

With no ill will,
Last edited by Kagetora on Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want help with something, simply send me a telegram. I'll do my best to respond intelligently, and if I can't I'll refer you to someone who can.
Caladan Imperium||Montgomery Broadcasting [EII]

Estainia
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Valingrad, Estainia - The Kremlin

Patterson read the response slowly, over and over again then he looked to Elizabeta and nodded softly. "We have awoken a sleeping dragon, and we have filled him with a terrible resolve." The old man said sadly as he handed over the letter to the Premier.

Estainian-Kagetorian Demilitarized Zone

"Orders from the Kremlin, General!" The young man reported as he clicked his heel and saluted to a man not much older than him. Estainian Military Politics dictated it wasn't age that saw experience. It was survivors. Alastaire King was a mere 29 years old and already he was the Brigadier General of the Estainian Armed Forces, specifically the Armored Cavalry. It was this unit consisting of tanks, jeeps, trucks, artillery batteries and ungodly siege guns that he commanded. It was this force that would unleash a changing in history and cause the first sword stroke toward the death of an Empire.

"Alert all field commanders. Let it Rain." The young General said simply without so much as looking up from his tactical maps...The Young messenger nodded slightly and hesitated.

"Sir, how is it that it has come to this? That we would destroy our own brothers?" The statement caused King to look up.

"We will do as we are told. War is a Soldier's duty. If you question your duty you have nothing else. Carry out your orders, soldier." The General said blatantly, though he had a feeling the young man's question was in the right. The Young man relayed the General's orders to a radio operator, who then relayed them to each and every artillery commander. Then the Rain came falling down.

At their one mile intervals and in a single immaculate chorus of destructive power the absolutely massive 600mm Siege Artillery Guns let loose a hail of fire capable of decimating the most well fortified positions ever designed. The shells fell through the air like a death dealing rain, as though the wrath of God himself was falling down upon the Kagetorian's thin stretch of land. Impacts were heard in the distance along with the sounds of crumbling structures and the sound of flame.

Unfortunately that was only the beginning of the end for the Kagetorians and West Estainians. A seemingly never ending wave of movement suddenly marched on the DMZ from all sides. Ground Troops, T-90 Main Battle Tanks, Rocket-Artillery Trucks, Jeeps, Trucks, and this was only on the ground. In the skies over head the roar of Jet engines was heard as the steel gray under bellies of eastern F-15's streaked toward the interior of the Nationalist Empire. War had come to Estainia again, and this time there would be no mercy. As a duo of the jets peeled through the skies they dropped twin 500 pound bombs on the already raging inferno that the DMZ was to become.

Those within that one mile stretch of dirt would become the first of many hundreds of thousands to suffer the cross fire of a misguided hatred between two age old enemies. It was no fault of those in the center that they would be struck, other than that they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The Empire of the Etai

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:08 am

Those few Kempeitai members that survived the intense shelling of the DMZ began to open fire with any weapon they had, which was, for the most part, assault rifles and submachine guns. It wasn't long before they too were silenced under the aerial and artillery barrage. One by one, the few working radios fell silent, leaving the Kagetorian DMZ one of the greatest massacres in the history of the Shogunate, with a deaths reaching into the upper ninetieth percentiles in the first few minutes alone.

At that point, the extent of Kagetorian military presence in Estainia was the military guard of the embassies in both East and West.

However, orders were being drawn up and sent out from Kagetorian High Command to send in military advisers. This included several motorized divisions and a few armored divisions, and a detachment of HAWX and KTG-S. Most of the actual advisers that were to be sent to Estainia would take the form of KTG-S officers and various high rankers across the armed forces, but they would be awhile coming. Even though the force was being assembled in Ryukyu, considerably cutting down on the time spent en route to the destination, assembling the force and transportation would take awhile.
If you want help with something, simply send me a telegram. I'll do my best to respond intelligently, and if I can't I'll refer you to someone who can.

West Estainia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby West Estainia » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:50 am

West Estainian - Kagetorian DMZ - The Eastern Line

The image of fire rising from the Kagetorian DMZ was not the first sight of horror that the West Estainians came to see. Rather it was a contingent of every kind imaginable. The skies were filled with planes as far as the could literally see, F-15s, MiG-23s, the occasional P-40 prop plane and even a few propeller driven Bearcats. As the planes crossed the border, anti-air flak cannons and SAM sites flew up into the skies to counter the encompassing wave that was the Eastern Army Air Corps. At the various air force bases across the Empire MiG-23s were taxied onto the run-ways as quickly as humanly possible.

The Eastern Line lit up with activity as missile and flak shot away from the pseudo ancient fortresses that rose from the countryside. The Imperial Army right on the border mobilized an equally vicious counter attack on the eastern advance. Paladin Howitzers armed with EXCALIBUR shells unleashed their armament into the invading ranks as infantry units dug in around the line and in the castles themselves. Communiques for reinforcements poured through the communication systems toward the surrounding military bases.

Across the Empire where the Easterners advanced they would find themselves countered by an equally powerful and unmoving counter force. The West Estainians would send onto them a very clear message. In New Moscow the reports were just arriving, scattered and varying with the break down and over whelming of the communications.

New Moscow, West Estainia

Empress Romanov was one of the first secondary people to receive warning of the already underway invasion. Having been awake already to attend Chapel services, the Empress was told in short order of the Eastern Invasion. Immediately she procured the secure lined telephone to the West's counter part. She sent a very simple message after Elizabeta picked up the other end. "You are on West Estainian soil now, Premier Hedevary. I will make you pay dearly for every inch you gain." The Empress said icily.

'You can try, Romanov.' Elizabeta's hearty voice resounded back over the telephone. 'You can try.'

(These will become longer and shorter depending on my abilities to work at that moment. But you will never see less than a paragraph. -Sagenod.-)
Tsardom of Estainia
Nomadic, and looking

Xin Han
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Xin Han » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:20 pm

The coldness of winter seemed to always cause dastardly things; body ache, agriculture woe, and now war. War was a new idea for the Xin Han People, new in the sense that they had never witnessed or endured a modern war. Yes, war was an act of the past, a deed that one only commences in hours of darkness. In this region of the World, darkness constantly shrouds the light.

News had arrived from the island empire not too far away that their territory and the people dwelling within it had been decimated. Of course, this island empire was none other than Xin Han's brother nation, Kagetora. Kagetora's mainland domain, however, was not the object of aggression; it was its demilitarized zone within the Estainian subcontinent, a troubled region torn between Imperialism and Communism.

How strange it was for the People of Xin Han to actually proclaim their rage about the attack on their Kagetorian brothers and sisters. It looked like the people were the ones declaring war, not the Empire of Xin Han itself. In time, in fact a very short time, the Imperial Majesties themselves would declare their feelings on the subject.

Palace workers bustled around the various wings and halls of the Weiyang Palace, attempting to deliver important documents and information of interest on time to the respective ministers of the numerous departments. The Emperor was nowhere to be seen in the Room of Zhuge, named after the current Imperial Chancellor and home to all of the Cabinet meetings. Its spartan appearance was rather dominated by the Crown Princess, Heiress Apparent, of the Great Empire and Lady of Kagetora, Liu Baihe. This would be her first major conflict and first test of running the Empire.

Her demeanor was calm, yet commanding. Many were distracted by her beauty, a deadly one at that. The strong will she received from her father and the intuition from her mother were ever present in her speech.

"Grand Commandant, I want my husband and his Minister of Defense on-line at once. The tragedy in Estainia needs to be addressed by our forces. Our Kagetorian brethren will be able to provide us with more ample details.

"Yes, Imperial Highness. But Estainia is so far away, why not provide economic support to Kagetora?"

"The Grand Commandant is right, Your Imperial Highness. As Minister of Finance, it is in the best interest of the nation's economy that we avoid war in any form."

"Enough. This nation of my father's creation is bound by blood through my marriage to the Glorious Shogunate of Kagetora. My husband, the Shogun and future Emperor of the Xin Han Empire, needs our country's support. We cannot let friends die for no reason. Due to the recent events performed by the leftist Estainians, my father's empire will support the Nationalist Empire of West Estainia in their efforts to rightfully reclaim the throne of Estainia. While we shall not officially declare war, this is war!"

All of the ministers removed themselves from their seats and placed their heads on the floor of the Room of Zhuge, kowtowing to the Crown Princess, a rare event for an heir to undergo. At the top of their lungs, the officials shouted, "Yes Imperial Highness! All hail the Empire!"
Liu Quan, Courtesy Name: Tong
Emperor of the Great Empire and Dynasty of Xin Han, Son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years and of the Present Time, Supreme Governor and Protector of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Xin Han, and Patriarch of the House of Liu

Estainia
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:09 am

The Eastern Line - West Estainia

The Line of fortifications and literal castles rose up from the countryside like a daunting impenetrable wall. The Easterners had to cross this line of defense in order to arrive proper in the Western Empire. The ruins of the DMZ behind them, the Communist Estainians advanced warily of military counter attack. Then of course it came. The sound of artillery shells whistling through the air was the last sound a lot of men heard. The highly powered and guided EXCALIBUR shells slammed into the Eastern ranks like a tidal wave. Soon joined up by the assault of anti-air fire toward the skies.

As the Air Corp went into evasive maneuvers, the army took to finding whatever cover could be found and clinging to it. As the West Estainian counter-assault began in earnest the Eastern tank divisions plowed forward, spearheaded by the Stoklomolvi crafted Type-5 Main battle tank, the contingent of T-90s screeched over the hills toward the raising literal walls of flag stone and concrete. Only to be stopped cold.

The Western fortifications sprang to life as volleys of RPG-29 rockets and RPG-7 rockets leapt away from the actual line part of the fortified position. A fair percentage of the eastern tankers were slaughtered due to the head on charge causing the survivors, mostly T-90s by this point due to the fact the Imperialists took careful note to aim most of the rockets at the Type-5s, to regroup back with the main infantry battalion.

In the skies over head it was an entirely different story. The West had not yet had the time to deploy it's air-force, despite the subtle warnings it had been getting for weeks. MiG-23's dropped down from the skies releasing five hundred pound old fashioned iron bombs. As these streaked to earth, the ancient P-40s and Bearcat squadrons of the Air Corp began to harass the Imperial Artillery Line.

The Port of Bellicanti

Now would begin the phase of the naval war within Estainia. This was about the only arena where East and West stood as equals. Both countries had common ground on the fact that they valued honor and chivalry, the same held true with both the Estainian People's Navy, and the Imperial Navy. Aside from the occasional Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier, the main contingent of the Eastern Navy was...Antiquated. They rose from the sea like monolithic cries to the past, massive and encompassing most of the seaway within the Port. There were only three of them, Battleships, Tyrants of the Oceans.

The literally ancient ES-Patterson is a Dreadnought-class vessel that has been modernized repeatedly. Though she was long ago doomed to the fate of becoming a museum, having sank the WES-Moscowin ages past, the Patterson had the honor of at least appearing at the final destruction of the Empire. Twenty Four inch guns were her main battery along with smaller 4.1 secondary guns, her armor was thick and her hull strong despite her great age. She wasn't to be the flagship though, merely an honorary member of the fleet.

The equally ancient ES-Wilkinson is also a Dreadnought-class vessel that has been modernized repeatedly. Though long ago he was destined for scrapping, the Coast Guard bought the old ship out of respect for it's might. 12 inch main guns make it the lightest vessel in the battleship fleet but powerful none the less.

Making both of these vessels look like dwarfs was a battleship unlike any other the Estainians(Either of them)had ever built. The ENS-James Patterson is the lead ship of it's class and name sake of the first Estainian Premier. It's massive hull encompasses the combinations of modernization as well as the qualities of both of the mightiest battleship classes to have ever existed. The Yamato-class for it's size, armor and all around capabilities fused with the relative speed and abilities of the Bismarck-class.

Radically designed, it's massive twenty four inch guns consist of four main barrels, with three batteries to the front of the ship and two to the real. It also has four deck-launched-torpedo tubes. These combinations of power, armor and speed combined with modernized radar and nuclear power make it easily marked as one of the most powerful battleships to ever be set afloat, seconded only to the even more massive battleships employed by the Commonwealth of Birkaine to the north.

This massive tyrant was to be the flagship of the Estainian battle-group, deemed 'invincible' by the naval board of directors during it's fire trials after it's commissioning, it is literally the most impressive battleship Estainia has ever built in it's history. It was to be the replacement of the ES-Patterson and ES-Wilkinson as the staple of Estainian battleship design.

Some 20,000 Naval Marines would be the staple ground force for the Navy, whilst the battleships, two carriers, some twenty six Han-class submarines and around 20 DV-Destroyers would be the full naval compliment from Eastern Estainia dedicated to the military action. Small but effective numbers complimented with a full string of supplying ships and access to Eastern Ports.
Last edited by Estainia on Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of the Etai

West Estainia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby West Estainia » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Low Earth Orbit - Reconnaissance Satellite-11

In the vast blackness revolving around NS-Earth there was a satellite. Floating along in the vast emptiness with it's optics pointed down at the Lisosian conglomeration of continents. With an icy burst of nitrogen the satellite aligned itself with the Estainian-subcontinent, zooming in just as the Eastern Armada was leaving Port. It's cameras began to click away, sending the images to an earthly SatCom Station. . .

SatCom Command, West Estainia

While across the grid communications were breaking down from the influx of scattered reports. The atmosphere in the SatCom center was relatively peaceful being both silent and calm. The only sounds the clicking of mice and keys as technicians worked. Two men stood out from the rest, one being in full military regalia the other being dressed in a full suit.

"Bring up 11, lets see what they're up to. Only one passing over." The man in the suit said calmly. A Technician worked some magic with his computer and the large screen in the center of the equally large room set up the pictures sent down by S-11...What the group of Techs and the two other men saw was eye bulging. The entire length of the Estainian Armada was spread out before them as they left harbor at Bellicanti with what looked at the center of them to be a battleship the size of an aircraft carrier almost.

"What the fuck is that?" The General said slowly, unable to believe his eyes. A Tech answered him.

"Sir we believe that to be the newest model of Eastern battleship. A mutant child of the Bismarck and Yamato classed built by some crazy shipwright." The Tech said.

"Yeah we've been tracking it's construction for months. Order 11 inland would you Tom?" The man in the suit directed his voice toward the Tech, who worked some more magic with his computer. A few minutes passed as S-11 repositioned itself high up in the atmosphere. What they saw next was just as shocking.

As far as the Satellites optics could see, from Fort Lenin AFB on into the Empire itself stretched a line of men, metal and the occasional streak of a plane. "Jesus Christ." The man in the suit whispered softly. The General as though on influx reached for a rather obvious looking bright red phone that said 'New Moscow' on it. "Majesty, we have confirmation. Lots and lots of confirmation. They're coming in force."

'Take care of it, General.' An effeminate voice said over the line.

"As you will, Majesty." The General answered before hanging up the phone, thanking the man in the suit and taking off out of the building.

(Fillerz)
Tsardom of Estainia
Nomadic, and looking

Estainia
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:16 pm

The East continued to push down on the Western defenses as the orbital satellite went over them without their knowledge. The endless conglomeration was starting to slow down, though it wasn't losing any initative it was pushing up against the West's most hardened fortifications. Admist this fire fight came the sound of engines and the shift of power there in. Whilst no air force bombers had yet targetted the Eastern Line, going inward to target more important military targets. The sound of these engines were no less heartening.

Crawling along toward the back of the colum of Communist soldiers was a monster of a weapon. One of the infamous 450mm 'Reckoner' Artillery Guns moved. A downgraded version of the Estainian 'Oblivion' Siege Guns. The Reckoner could pummel fortifications into powder inside of mere moments, it was these massive monsters that bore down on the Westerns defending the Eastern Line.

Their barrels aimed high in a slowly rising arc the guns prepared to decimate the Imperial defenses. What followed amongst the chaotic noise was 'silence'. The great titans sat quiet among the battlefield until then, just as moments before their larger brethren had unleased unto the Kagetorians. The Reckoners fired, and what a reckoning it was. The three guns released their massive shells in perfect volley, as the enormous shell casing ejected out of the guns their payload started to...Land.

The castles of West Estainia were built mightly and strong. Designed to withstand assault from any angle just as the castles of old were. However little could have prepared the castle before the large guns, as the shells began to ram into the battlements they exploded. . . A rain of debris and the screams of agony followed but the defense did not let up, indeed no it fought all the harder it seemed against the eastern tide.

In the skies above the norther border, C-130s flew over the city of St. Petersburg, and parachutes began to show themselves in the air. . .
The Empire of the Etai

West Estainia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby West Estainia » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:34 pm

The Eastern Line, West Estainia
The initative carried on by the mere minutes old invasion repeated across the West Estainian border. Imperial Forces crumbled under the Blitzkrieg, leaving those survivors to hold off an encompassing wave that didn't seem to stop. 'Ever' Thus was the thought of Lefttenant Thomas Anderson as he emptied his M-4 Carbine into the advancing ranks of the Eastern infantry platoons. Ducking down behind a low baring wall the Lefttenant reloaded his weapon as a man next to him showered shell casings from the M2 Browing he was literally spraying into the enemy ranks.

The two were just a pair in the conglomeration of men and metal that made up the Eastern Line, which was being slowly but surely pincered between two advancing Estainian armies at once. The six man fire team around the Lefttennant was all that could be afforded to his perticular 'command'. The low baring wall he was ducking behind was a crude emplacement over a bridge. A bridge that the Easterners would no doubt eventually cross.

So far this had been one of the few defended areas to actually hold under the assault. With the Kagetorians annihilated down to the last(save their embassy protectors) it was left to the Imperial Army to hold fast against the never ending wave. Finally however, as the next wave - this one including a T-90, Anderson decided he had had enough. "Retreat! Lets get the hell out of here!" The Leftennant cried as he fired off his M-4 once more into the enemy ranks.

As the Leftenant's unit retreated, he depressed a trigger on a palm-held control button. The bridge though not entirely destroyed went up in flames, it's middle buckling in and snapping to temporarily hold the enemy. "That won't work forever, lets get to Castle Potemkin like yesterday." Without further adue the men took off toward the looming shadow of a massive fortress.

The Port of Novograd, West Estainia

Frazzled communications and a break down of the system was seeming to affect the navy the most. The mobilization of the Imperial Marines as well as the Imperial Navy itself was a daunting task even during a competant hour. However when the word, arrived from SatCom that something was happening with the Eastern Navy, the Harbor Master and Admiral of the 1st Fleet had to make due at best.

So far the mobilization had managed to track down 1 of the West's North Carolina-class battleships and only 3 Destroyers. Provisions had to be laid down in a matter of minutes for numbers exceeding into the thousands. Arms, ammunition and foodstuffs were just some of the things on the list. Ammunition didn't even include the massive shells used by the battleships or the cruise-missiles used by Destroyers. However the Navy was in heaven compared to...

New Stalingrad Air Force Base, West Estainia

When the ariel armada of Eastern Estainians poured over the smoking ruins of the Kagetorian DMZ, no branch of the Imperial Military was least prepared as the Air Force was. Of the seven air fields at Stalingrad, 5 had been cratered and rendered useless by 500 pound bombs. One other had the smoking ruins of a flight of MiG-23's stretched across the runways. The only ones to deliver a response so far had been the army and it was only a matter of time before it would've been over whelmed unless it got support.

The daunting task of the single remaining air strip was to provide in it's entirety, air support for the entire northern border region. As MiG after MiG was launched into the skies they were just as quickly knocked back out of them. At this rate the Imperial Air Force would be out of existence in a very short time.

New Moscow Air Field, West Estainia

On the outer suburbs of New Moscow there is a conglomerate of air fields dedicated to military utilization. It was here that the punch of the Imperial Air Force came from in the form of fighting back. No less than a hundred MiG-23 jets streaked across the skies as they took off. Outnumbered at least five to one, they were match for the entire Eastern Air Corp but all the same they would do the best possible to support their brethren at the Eastern Line as well as the Northern border.
Tsardom of Estainia
Nomadic, and looking

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:32 pm

It was incredibly rare for any of the lines that Kagetora had with other political heads to be used, and whenever one lit up, it was immediately brought to the attention of the Shogun.

At the time that one of the secure lines was opened, Ienara was busy looking over reports concerning the preparations of Kagetorian military strength that was to be deployed to Estainia. Within seconds, his cellphone received an urgent message, simply saying, "It's your wife."

Dropping the sheafs of paper he held in his hand, the Shogun left the work to his aides, who would undoubtedly brief him on the situation later.

Running a hand through his hair and followed by a pair of Imperial Guards, he made his way through the Imperial Palace to the secure room, where an expansive televised communication system was set up.

"Hello, I'm sure this isn't a pleasure call. What's on your mind?"

Estainia
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:03 pm

F-15 Flight 33 Callsign 'Falcon, Skies over West Estainia

"Western MiG-23's en route to our positions." The drone of a pilots voice came over the wing's radio. The eight F-15's flew in tandem with one another in perfect formation, almost wing tip to wing tip they soared across the skies in search of those they called enemy. Below them the West Estainian Empire was laid bare before them, rolling hills and gentle plains. It was sight to behold, and a regret in knowing that soon they would be covered in the blood of their defenders and their invaders.

The Flight swung around in a graceful arch as they met their Western counterparts in the beginning of a deadly dance for dominance of the sky. They intertwined like dancers in a reticle, wings almost grazing as cannons blazed, each desiring to get above the other, but neither yielding. The F-15's easily out did the older jets, but the honorifics surrounding the Estainian Military prevented the slaughter that would've been bestowed by other pilots. It was a matter of time though, the first MiG went sputtering away as it's wing was struck by cannon fire and it darted away, canopy opening in a few yards before the pilot ejected. The MiG's then returned the favor, and an F-15 went earthward unexpectedly. This dance would continue for sometime, both the Imperial and Communist pilots were skilled and making their aircraft, especially in the Western case, do things that were beyond their normal capabilities.
The Empire of the Etai

West Estainia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby West Estainia » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:03 pm

The invasion finally began to grind down, minutes of shock passed into an hour of instinct and discord. Communications slowly rebuilt and the Empire dug in for a very long and miserable defense. The sound of fire and combat resounded across the Eastern Line as well as the Norther border. On the ground and in the skies the Empire fought with everything they had. This was home, sacred ground and they would make their counterparts pay dearly for every inch they gained. Those air fields that had survived the initial assault piggy backed for those who had made it off the ground or were already in it. Chaos and desperation reigned supreme, men and women fell and the world continued on without them.

MiG Flight 112 - Callsign 'Badger'

The scene below would repeat across the countryside for days, weeks, months or even years. At this point it was indeterminable by those who were 'safe' above the ground. The reality of the sky was much different, there was no safety for those who patrolled the air seeking out eastern F-15s, the planes that had been marked as the number one threats. When Eagle Flight had engaged a formation earlier losses counted at three of six before the MiGs broke formation and scattered.

Badger flight was different, a part of the Imperial Air Guard, they were a subdivision of Ironside Flight, the elite of the Imperial Air Force. The eight MiG-23s flew effortlessly through the air as they sought out ancient enemies on a new battlefield. "Contact confirmed, engage!" Someone yelled over the radio, the MiG's flew in perfect formation seeking out the blimps on their radar that shone brightly.
Tsardom of Estainia
Nomadic, and looking

Xin Han
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Xin Han » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:50 pm

Baihe entered her private office, probably the gaudiest in the entire cabinet wing of the palace, in quite the hurry. She had not spoke to her husband for quite some time, at least a week. The telecommunication screen sprang on and blared the picture of a Japanese themed office with modern touches.

"Haha, well, yes and no. I wanted to talk to you about the Estainian situation and something concerning us and our future. First, I am deeply offended and saddened by the East Estainia actions against our (Kagetorian) people. I need to visit the Shogunate and show my condolences to the families who have lost each other, which means we should both conduct some sort of memorial service. Secondly, what are we going to do about the situation? You know my father will support you, my future Emperor-Consort. Speaking of that, our coronation may be sooner than you think, I'm pregnant..."

It was true, Baihe and Ienara's relationship seemed professional on the outside, but on the inside, there was true love, much like the alliance between their nations.

A message from the Grand Commandant was sent out to the entire Imperial Armed Forces and Paramilitary forces to prepare themselves for routine military exercises concerning wars on foreign soil. It seemed that Xin Han was preparing itself for conquest, rather, liberation.
Liu Quan, Courtesy Name: Tong
Emperor of the Great Empire and Dynasty of Xin Han, Son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years and of the Present Time, Supreme Governor and Protector of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Xin Han, and Patriarch of the House of Liu

Estainia
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:10 pm

While Politics organized the distant armies of Kagetora, The Eastern Army bore down harder on the West, their Blitzkrieg met a wall of resolve and resistance, unmoving in it's determination to defend what belonged to them. The men and women of West Estainia did not yield a single inch to the East without making them pay by the dozens for every step they took. So far, that promise had been fulfilled. Only an hour into the invasion the Westerners, in discord and panic had inflicted some one hundred fifty casualties unto Eastern Forces. Vehicles and men were sent sprawling across the distance of the Eastern Line as it stood resolute, unmoving in it's defense.

Private Raoul Martinez found himself pressed up against the side of a low baring knoll. Over looking his pinned down squadron was the impressive and monolithic structure of Castle Potemkin, the crown jewel of the Eastern Line, garrison for 30,000 and 8,000 Civilians, enough food to withstand a year long siege at maximum population and several fresh water wells in the bowels of the castle. It was virtually invincible, guarded by the Imperial Guard, it was impossible to get a spy or agent into the walls and bombing it had proven so far ineffective. Sending armored charged against it, Raoul noticed. Only left smoking ruins of T-90s in it's wake. Even as he emptied his ADK-45's 30 round magazine over his head and over the knoll, he knew he was going to be stuck there for a very long time yet to come.

Meanwhile, in the Kremlin a different kind of battle was being fought.

The Kremlin, East Estainia

"We must make prepared for the eventuality of Kagetora's armed forces. We cannot defeat the West and their greatest ally at the same time. Least of all on our own soil!" Someone yelled across the room. The People's Council was in session again, and for once that was actually on the mind, The People.

"Regardless of the risk of leaving our backs open, we must appeal to the People of Estainia and prove to them that this war is right. So far the popularity of this conflict is at an entirely low level, Morale is high for the time being but when mothers start grieving the loss of their sons you'll see those numbers drop." The Premier spoke above the bickering and her voice sounded with authority and concern. "We must make the people believe that this was meant to be." She said sternly, looking off to her left to Edward Patterson who stared at her blankly.

"Brainwashing the People of Estainia will grant you no quarter with me. We must appeal to them but not convince them that this illegal assault was right in our way. Our brethren over in the Nationalist Empire are age old enemies, yes. But we have inadvertently kept apart for years the very strength beneath us. The People! Should they find this conflict discontenting, the walls of the Kremlin will not protect us from their wrath, never-mind the armies of some foreign lording!" He said softly, not really yelling simply speaking with a voice of authority.

This argument would continue while men and women died for a cause that was slightly forgotten by time. The political side of the conflict would prove to be just as shaking as the military side, though.
The Empire of the Etai

West Estainia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby West Estainia » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Castle Potemkin - West Estainia

"Grenade out!" Somebody yelled and then the world went blurry, there was an explosion that was lost to the chaotic gunfire and screaming. "Man down, man down!" Someone else yelled and that was followed up by a hasty "Get him out of there!" This was all lost on Lt. Anderson who was emptying his M4 over his head into the eastern lines as they pressed harder against Castle Potemkin, the Lt. looked up to see just as much a furious battle in the skies above, MIG and F-15 intertwined every few yards in a massive aerial melee. His gaze was reverted back to the ground as he felt a stinging in his arm. Hit. He ignored it despite the pain and continued to fire into the enemy ranks until a medic forced him away from the lines.

Callsign 'Badger' - Over Castle Potemkin

Indeed in the airs above it was a melee, the streak of missiles and the sting of cannon shot was found in every single inch of the blue expanse over the eastern line. Badger flight was in the thick of it too, firing off Archer after Archer and nearly emptying their 20mm cannons. They had already lost two of their eight count with only one canopy opening compared to their four downing that wasn't too horrible. However when taking the entire force into account, the East was slowly but surely over whelming the MIG pilots despite their almost inhuman survival so far.

The Imperial Palace, New Moscow - West Estainia

In a Monarchy, there is not so much a political side to a war, as there is a public appeal side. Indeed for the time being 100% of the West Estainian public was all for defending what was theres. Military volunteering hit a record high within minutes of the invasion confirmed alert, the public had never been so united with the monarchy before! The people were determined not only to keep what was theirs, but to make sure they made the east regret ever making the decision to invade in the first place.
Tsardom of Estainia
Nomadic, and looking

Estainia
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Castle Potemkin - West Estainia

That lesser thud of a grenade exploding led to a more brutal fire fight in the larger fire fight that was constant around the front perimeter of Castle Potemkin. Raoul Martinez flicked his assault rifle to semi-automatic just in time to fire less sporadically into the Western rank, which at this point was folding in on itself and dashing for the castle gates. "This was nothing personal." Those were the last words Raoul Martinez ever heard, the second after that his mind went blank as his body crumpled backwards under the blow from a Western private.

Two hours after Raoul became another nameless faceless body amongst the piles of other dead men; the Easterners gave up on Castle Potemkin, rerouting their efforts to other points along the Eastern Line. Whether it was the emplacements, determination or a heavy combination of the two, the West Estainians weren't yielding and inch of soil on land or in the air, despite their obvious disadvantages in the air, the Westerners had proven admirable foes in the theater making the MIG-23 do spectacular things against the more advanced F-15.

Hopefully the navy would have more luck.
The Empire of the Etai

West Estainia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby West Estainia » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:27 am

The Port of Novograd sits on the exact edge of the Empire and represents it's single largest and only military port. It is the furtherest city from the Imperial Capital at New Moscow, and has the largest population in the country.

Port Novograd, West Estainia

It had taken time, too much time in fact but at last the navy had organized itself. The massive coastal defense guns were brought on-line and entrenching began along the beaches surrounding Novograd through a combined effort of the imperial army and marine corp. Pillboxes began to spring up along the lengths of the beaches and the already fortified city was fortified further against the impending assault. As for the navy itself, the 25 battleships that called Novograd home, 20 New York-class Dreadnoughts old and out of date remnants of the Russo-Spanish Empire were found and located, their crews put on alert.

Where as the Empire's few and newer Iowa-class battleships numbering in at only 3 had been found and put on alert. The slightly older but still capable North Carolina-class battleships numbering at 5 had also been tracked down. Along with these monoliths the navy had located 20 of their 35 Destroyers, their one Nimitz-class Aircraft Carrier and five of their fifteen Akula-class submarines. Of course there was a trump card for the Imperial Navy, though they had slight doubts it would arrive in time.
Tsardom of Estainia
Nomadic, and looking

Estainia
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:31 pm

Thusly the problem with putting all of your eggs in one basket. You can break them more easily.

South Lisosian Sea - January 12th 2015

While the Western Navy mobilized its forces the Eastern Navy decided to go about swinging out to sea in order to avoid the siege guns that dominated the coastlines of both Estainia's. Unfortunately the plan had not entirely gone to schedule, A Destroyer had met the fate of those who in ages past had dared attempt to land on sovereign Estainian soil. The 600mm Shell slammed into the vessel with a sickening metallic crack that severed the ship in two. The first naval casualty and it had been ill earned. The battery responsible for it would never fire another shot, the Destroyers last act on Earth was launching a Tomahawk at it. Whether it was destroyed or not was unknown to those in the fleet.

Finally they began to approach it. The Maritime border was guarded by those few ships of the Western Coast Guard. What followed was a brutally short and effectively called slaughter. The ENS-James Patterson proved it's worth in a few hours of it's first operation, four DX-Destroyers sank beneath the waves along with a single Imperial-class Frigate. The line was breached, the enemy coming.

The Eastern Line - West Estainia

"Fall back, retreat, get the hell out of there!" Finally the order had come and they were pulling out. So were the thoughts of Ivanov Afonik, First Leftennant of the People's Ground Forces. Fall back, it was a godsend if nothing else. He was supposed to personify bravery, courage in the face of the enemy; that quite frankly was bullshit. He was as scared as the rest of the young men around him and when Alastaire King had finally had the balls to order the retreat, they pulled out alright. Pulling back seven miles to the smoking ruins of the DMZ they just ran for it, men and armor alike scrambled to get as far away from the emplacements as possible. The Answer, Ivanov grimly looked at as they rolled past him, Rocket Trucks.

The screech of rockets along the mass-line of trucks stung the ears of the men nearest them as they flew off in a massive wave of fire and arcs, all of them bound for a massive barrage on the Line that had so far resisted every other type of fire imaginable. As the drone of screeching fire hailed the coming napalm-storm, the Easterners recuperated and began looking for, in what was left of the DMZ for survivors as well as digging in for the time being. Until such a time the line was shattered they didn't have much of a choice.
The Empire of the Etai

West Estainia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby West Estainia » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:33 pm

The utilization of unrestricted warfare is the most dishonorable thing imaginable.

South Lisosian Sea - WES-Moscow

The bane-hammer would fall upon the Eastern Fleet should they wander too close to shore. They knew that surely and would instead risk a more dangerous route. Already the battle-line was formed, already the West stood resolute against their enemy. Two of the three Iowa's flanked the Moscow as she floated there, cannons turned toward the east to repel her enemy. The other battleships took up various points along a defensive line made of steel and cannon, to any who could see it it sent a staunch message 'You shall not pass'. 18 New York-classes, 3 North Carolinas, 2 Iowas, where were the rest? All time did tell it's own tale.

Novovolgograd, Estainia - Stoklomolvi Sovereignty

One Iowa, two Carolinas, two New-Yorks. Unfortunately for those in the port city that was about as densely packed as a carton of cigarettes, they were not here to make peace but rather be the hail sign of destruction and the coming of war, a loud crackle came from a rather larger variation of a megaphone.

It projected an extremely dark message to those that called the port 'home'. "Here is to those who do not mind their own business! Pray God has mercy, we shall not!" Upon the words there came a sound of thunder and the sky began to come crashing down upon the sovereign territory of Stoklomolvi, their massive three million man army crammed into a sardine can figuratively speaking would be ill prepared for such an assault.

18, 16, and 23 inch shells began to pound the 'city', as well as an occasional tomahawk cruise missile from the Iowa 'No honor for the dishonorable.' What amount of damage the assault would do was utterly unknown to those bombarding it, but rightly speaking they didn't care as it was a mere matter of time that the forces there became involved in the broiling struggle taking place around them. Unfortunately for those of Stoklomolvi within, such was the fate of those who stood before age old enemies, as Kagetora learned from the East, the West now reflected unto the East's most powerful ally.
Tsardom of Estainia
Nomadic, and looking

Estainia
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:37 am

It is a governments absolute duty to do all in it's power to defend those who live in it's land.

South Lisosian Sea - ENS James Patterson

And Goliath did push forward in his might and smote down those who stood before him. As did the James Patterson steam forward under his nuclear powered engines, massive batteries freshly cooled from it's first engagement. "Contact baring 1-0-1 North, multiple surface targets. Estimated strength, 34 if not more." So said the RO of the mighty battleship blandly without much ceremony. "

"Prepare the main batteries, swing about to the right to enable a full broadside capability." Came the words of none other than Jack Catterall himself, Admiral of the Navies of Estainia and easily the most veteran sailor in the navy despite only being in his early 50s. "Signal the Destroyers and Frigates to withhold on bombardment. This day shall go to us, not the weapons of cowards!" Catterall declared proudly as his ship swung about in the water. Though still beyond visual range, Catterall positioned his fleet deliberately inside the retaliatory range of the Western battleships. "Let them see the might of the true Estainian navy! Sink them all!"

So it began with the great pounding of artillery fire toward the Western battle-line, there was no foul blinding, nor utilization of missiles as they fired upon the Western ranks. Two sets of 24 inch guns and one set of 18 inch guns unleashed all their might upon the enemy lines, as the skies above remained clear of aircraft. A true naval battle had begun just as Western shells were to start landing on Novovolgograd. In full honesty had the war for West Estainia now truly started.
The Empire of the Etai

West Estainia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby West Estainia » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:52 am

Unto the end of the Earth did the great explorer come, but no edge did he find. Rather another world.

South Lisosian Sea, West Estainian Territorial Waters.

While unto the cowards of Stoklomolvi the West delivered a surprising death, they would meet at sea their eastern counterparts with honor and dignity. In a single uproarious moment in a great clangor of power and might they would clash with the outnumbered battleships of the eastern navy and in their totality destroy them. At least this was the plan, the DX-Destroyers and Imperial Frigates would stay this course of battle, rather being left to clean up duty in the event of the enemy battleships destruction with their ability to engage hostile targets in the air, most notable, anti-ship missiles.

The Moscow was the first to begin the tandem that would become known as the Battle of the Oceans. She swung her batteries around, adjusting for windage and ranging. Radar emplacements assisted in targeting the Eastern battleship, most notably the Moscow's target was her sister, the Patterson. 16 inch shells flew from her batteries at the sounding and began a slugfest. Down the battle-line the ships sounded off, releasing 16,18, and 23 inch shells in a display of naval firepower that belonged to a forgotten age.
Tsardom of Estainia
Nomadic, and looking

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:56 pm

The Kagetorian office was completely silent, with only the sound of the Shogun's breathing giving away that the room wasn't empty. A thoughtful look on Ienara's face betrayed his inner feelings. It felt so unreal, and his first instinct was to think it was a joke. But his wife's face wasn't one that was joking, it was shy, somewhat unsure.

"That's... great news." This could have come at a more convenient time... "I'd love to talk to you about this, but we still have several months to, while the situation at hand won't wait several months for us to decide about."

A knock at the door announced the arrival of the Minister of Defense, who, with a hasty bow, ducked inside.

"諸軍、ごめんなさい。"

Then, looking at screen, and with another bow,

"Good evening milady."

Estainia
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:16 pm

When he reached the other world, he did bring to it destruction and war.

ENS-James Patterson - South Lisosian Sea

It had begun, the hammer stroke fell and the battle began for dominance of the seas began. A battle that the East was determined to win, whilst outnumbered easily 40 to 1, they stood their ground resolute against their enemy. "Main batteries, fire!" The world went silent as the response of the West reached them first. Armor buckled and decks bent, batteries tumbled as fires raged. The shells of the Moscow first reached their mark, the Patterson herself took each blow in stride like it was nothing and she did return answer. Her twenty four inch guns released a hail of fire as more and more Western shells pounded into the ancient dreadnought.

She never stopped moving though, as they had met before the Patterson's forward torpedo tubes were rent from her hull as she plowed forward. "Swing unto the side, return fire! Wing Batteries at the ready!" Her captain ordered, she rent the silence with her massive guns once more as the smaller 12 inch wing battery fire after the main battery.

The Fleet did suffer under the blows of the West, armor plating was not all that was lost in their volley. As Catterall bellowed 'Fire!' from the deck of the James Patterson, no less than four DV-Destroyers began the swift journey beneath the waves, two Frigates joined them soon after and the Wilkinson was already limping, though he too returned fire with all his ancient might. Already a losing battle was being fought, three to in excess of thirty. Yet they were not done yet, they held the line resolute and stalwart in the face of annihilation. Contesting in fire, the silence of the air was rent once more as power incarnate unleashed it's hail on the Westerners.

The four barreled batteries of the James Patterson swung about in tandem with one another as though in a single moment to challenge the combined might of every Western battleship on it's own. It did just that, the roar of fire unleashed in it's powerful broadside rocked the ship heavily in the water so much so that it's deck took on water as she nearly slid beneath the waves on one side. The massive twenty four inch shells sailed into the Western ranks just as the Patterson and Wilkinson began to fire broadside number two.

Instantly the West was hit hard, The Moscow was pummeled by the intitial bombardment of the Patterson and two other New Yorks were hit by the shells of the Wilkinson in turn. It was however the James Patterson that did the most damage, one of the West's mighty Iowa-class battleships took the full effects of it's broadside, not a single shell missed the proud vessel, stripping away the Tomahawk launcher, the rear battery and several anti-air batteries the battleship began to almost instantly list to the side when one of the shells obliterated the armored belt nearest the waterline. In the distance though the Easterners couldn't hear it the cries of 'Abandon ship' came out. As the West returned in kind the James Patterson and Patterson shrugged off the shells like they were little to nothing. Alas the Patterson was not invincible as much as the East boasted her to be. Soon she was battered and scarred, retreating to the center of the fleet.
The Empire of the Etai

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents