NATION

PASSWORD

[MT] Pro-Gay Terrorists take over parts of Darlington County

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Qubec
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:12 pm

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE CROWN

We pledge our full support to these freedom fighters that are currently fighting against a oppressive and homophobic government. We grant all LGBT citizens protection within our borders and will provide these freedom fighters with anything they need.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:47 pm

Burleson 2 wrote:Are you really stupid enough to have countless people, on your side and mine, killed over a few hundred people not being able to have sex... Either start applying logic to your military, or
Cloyd Rivers wrote:get back on the short bus.

Burleson 2 wrote:What do you idiots not understand about "ceasefire", and "peace talks"?

See ... I was dutifully cleaning this out of ooc mess and was going to offer some helpful pointers in How To RP on NationStates. However, I got to this, and yaknow ... *** Warned for flaming *** Which by now, having already lost a nation, you ought to know better than to do.

Here's the thing, folks. Burleson here has the right to dictate how his own nation runs, his own people, his own military, all of that. It's his RP. He gets to be boss of How Things Go Down on his side of things. He also has the right to deny entry to the RP to anyone he would rather not RP with - something he choose, rather poorly, to ignore in favor of quick-response dismissals, ramping up of violence and responses, and generally adding to the overall chaos of the thing. This is not the best way to organize and run a war/conflict-based RP.

In addition to that, we've had several players such as Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms who have taken it upon themselves to play dictator in the thread, calling the OP out on a lack of Factbook info (Nowhere is it demanded anyone has to have one, nor keep all their national/military stats for public perusal), and every other point they can think of. It has been interruptive, it has been harassment, it has been often baity, and it was not necessary. It should have been taken up with the OP either via telegram, or preferably for instances where things need to be discussed, in an OOC thread linked to the IC one. It saves for mess, ooc snarkery, and the usual unreadable 'what in Hades is happening here because I can't even anymore' sprawls of quotespam.

Then we get to the other borderline baiting by Glamour - which to a point was acceptable, then just seemed to get to the point of having a go at the player behind the nation rather than an IC reaction to the conflict itself. I can't see that it's actionable at this point, but it was in poor taste after a while. Initially, it was rather in keeping, I think. Also a failing on Burleson's part to not ask for a removal of the player if he was so against it all.

Take notes, folks. It may help avoid this sort of thing in future RP's.

Communist Volkstrad - whle there's nothing wrong with rp'ing out a militantly resolved force, you too seem to be suffering from the problem listed above. Taking an ooc issue and using ic response to get at a player, especially when bringing in the questionable support of a one-liner poster such as Badassistanian, who seemed only here to throw questionable 'here deal with this' bits at the OP for giggles.

The U S S R wrote:A message is mysteriously dropped on the floor directly outside the door to President Teleno's office. He hurriedly opens the door, stepping on the note, then backs away. He slowly picks up the crumpled paper beneath his foot and examines it.

The following counties are at stake. Heed this warning.
(Image)

Cute, but no writing other people's character's actions for them. No. Bad.

So ... yeah. Just going to leave this closed, and hope someone learned something from all of this mess.

Previous

Return to International Incidents