NATION

PASSWORD

Dam Attacked in Congreveopia (MT, OOC, Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Urran wrote:Now that there seemed to be an actual firefight going on, and several nations seemed to be getting themselves involved, the even actually became a big feature on the Urranese news. They were showing feed from the dam as well as telling still images. It was now common knowledge that Fujijima was going to send in engineers, but, there was now actually something to worry about, a dam burst could flood a major area and put civilians at risk, so the main question would be "should Urran get involved?". They could at the very least help evacuate the area, but the political debate continued to rage.

For the record, I am actually fine with this post. The idea of a feed of the dam might be a bit strange in a normal nation (there aren't any news helicopters or reporters at the dam), but the major Congreveopian News Agencies all use drones extensively, and chances are that at least a few would be over the dam right now. The only thing that my government insists on is that the drone feeds be delayed five minutes when recording any military operation, so a feed of the dam is available through multiple Congreveopian news agencies, it is just always five minutes behind real-time.

(most of you don't need to worry about this. Fortress is relaying the live feed from the army's drone to any nation giving military support.)
Last edited by Congreveopia on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Rodstov and Grenoda
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodstov and Grenoda » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:55 pm

What are your people going to think about my last post 4 more helicopters 2 have tanks under-slung them?
R&G National News Network: Trusted news source for our nation: --- Nation is in a state of turmoil, Grenodian Civil Militia Units advancing on Capital city Rodstovian Forces advance to meet them.  --- Field Marshall Michal Petrina, Commander Karl Malý, and Minister Martina Novotná  Hold a war council in Domácí---C.O.R.D. Team "Mako 1" Attempts to re-establish contact with TF: Atlas

Member of the Zewajis Pact.
From the ashes a new nation will rise

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:14 pm

Rodstov and Grenoda wrote:Whirlwind 1-1 and 1-2 // MH-67 "Hurons" Inbound to Dam. 1310 hours.

The Hurons had their full complement two eight man squads armed to the teeth ready for combat. A total of 32 armed troops behind them in the two V-120 "Valkyries" were roughly 50 Combat Engineers and crew deploying after them in IFV-6A "SPAAG"s aptly named: "Cheetahs" for their fast firing and quick target recognition programs. "Fast like a Cheetah" or "Cheating like a Cheetah" because it was almost unfair for slow moving aircraft to go up against them.

"Fortress this is Whirlwind 1-1, Myself and Whirlwind 1-2 are inbound to the dam with our cargo now. to reinforce the dam's lacking security. we will be there with in 10 Mikes deploy on the east and west sides of the river respectively, Please advise other factions of this Over!"

Moments later the comm crackled again as two more callsigns "Hurricane" and "Tornado" called in with their reports to Fortress and there LZ's for the engineers.

Er... let's make that at least 30 minutes okay? The dam isn't right by the coast, and neither is your carrier.

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Rodstov and Grenoda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodstov and Grenoda » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:21 pm

done
R&G National News Network: Trusted news source for our nation: --- Nation is in a state of turmoil, Grenodian Civil Militia Units advancing on Capital city Rodstovian Forces advance to meet them.  --- Field Marshall Michal Petrina, Commander Karl Malý, and Minister Martina Novotná  Hold a war council in Domácí---C.O.R.D. Team "Mako 1" Attempts to re-establish contact with TF: Atlas

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:31 pm

Rodstov and Grenoda wrote:done

Looks good. I'm too lazy to reply right now, so just act as if Fortress gave them whatever permission they need. As for the whole tanks with underslung helicopters, the entire philosophy behind Fortress is "overkill," so don't worry about that.

Links:

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:33 pm

Important Announcement:
I will be controlling the terrorists at the dam until they have um... completed their objectives, and then Exantos will RP the organisation behind the attack.
Last edited by Congreveopia on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Links:

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:33 pm

Most be either a really tiny tank or a VERY large helicopter.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:38 pm

Urran wrote:Most be either a really tiny tank or a VERY large helicopter.

Sikorskys for the win.

Links:

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Rawlincia wrote:From- Secretary of Defense Jenkins
To- Congreveopia
Subject- Terrorist
Encryption Supermax: 2048 Bit
Our Orion Dropship has recently intercepted a message from the terrorists mentioning some sort of 'Queen' and 'Hive'". We have cross-referenced those terms with all known terrorists in the the Rawlincian and IATA database, we have no results. Do you have any ideas about these terms?

Congreveopia wrote:The terrorists are conducting SIGINT. Do you honestly expect that their radio traffic isn't encrypted?

Did you miss this, Rawlincia?

Links:

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Congrev, I wll be posting in like 5 minutes. I hope you are planning to have a followup to this attack, because it seems like I'm going to miss out on this action. :(
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:45 pm

Congreveopia wrote:

Sikorskys for the win.

There's still no way...unless again tiny tank.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:49 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:Congrev, I wll be posting in like 5 minutes. I hope you are planning to have a followup to this attack, because it seems like I'm going to miss out on this action. :(

Well that's up to Exantos.

Urran wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:Sikorskys for the win.

There's still no way...unless again tiny tank.

I'll leave that to Rodstov and Grenoda to reply to.
Last edited by Congreveopia on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Links:

Servinta
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:51 pm

So am I still attacking the convoy or has that gone out the window?

Rodstov and Grenoda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodstov and Grenoda » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:59 pm

here Urran I'll show you what is flying and what is under-slung.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2zj9p1d.jpg

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140211014917/armedassault/images/d/dc/Arma3-render-cheetah.png

Now the Heli can carry a substantial weight it is meant to as a "Sky Crane" Type vehicle and considering Drop ships that can hold 6000 soldiers are alowed this shouldn't be a problem because the image I showed you is supposed to hold 3 LAV-25's with out a problem (thats a full combat load BTW)
Last edited by Rodstov and Grenoda on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exantos
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Exantos » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:00 pm

Right just wanted to tag the OOC. However I will be roleplaying two groups. My own Personal Nation and the terrorist organization whose name I will not reveal just yet. Expect horror, fun, and lots of destruction within Congreveopia, and Exantos. I will be contacting several of you to see if the terrorists can attack your nation as well.
"The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well."-Alfred Adler

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Servinta wrote:So am I still attacking the convoy or has that gone out the window?

It hasn't happend yet. It's only about 13:12 IC.

Links:

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:07 pm

Urran wrote:15:45

Within a few hours of the debate starting, whether or not to act on the situation, the Urranese government decided to deploy a small force to evacuate the area if the embattled country's government would give the go ahead, it would consist of 60 troops deployed from a C27J cargo aircraft with two more helping to evacuate the civilians in the area. C17's would also land 6 Rosomok IFV's to not only move Urranese troops, but allow for civilian evacuation, or, if necessary, attack. Upon sending request for a go ahead, they waited for a response from Congreveopia.

Do you really mean 15:34? 'Cause you'll be waiting a while.

Links:

Servinta
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
Servinta wrote:So am I still attacking the convoy or has that gone out the window?

It hasn't happend yet. It's only about 13:12 IC.

Ahh, so there will be a wait.
Last edited by Servinta on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:12 pm

Servinta wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:It hasn't happend yet. It's only about 13:12 IC.

Ahh, so there will be a wait.

Yes. It probably won't be terribly long. The fight on the dam required a lot of posting, but Rodstov and Grenoda was nice and fast. And I bet that once the action on the dam is over, time will move faster.

Links:

Rodstov and Grenoda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodstov and Grenoda » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:13 pm

love me some combat posts so I was quick on the draw on most

Oh and yes I can translate Russian XD

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:16 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
Urran wrote:15:45

Within a few hours of the debate starting, whether or not to act on the situation, the Urranese government decided to deploy a small force to evacuate the area if the embattled country's government would give the go ahead, it would consist of 60 troops deployed from a C27J cargo aircraft with two more helping to evacuate the civilians in the area. C17's would also land 6 Rosomok IFV's to not only move Urranese troops, but allow for civilian evacuation, or, if necessary, attack. Upon sending request for a go ahead, they waited for a response from Congreveopia.

Do you really mean 15:34? 'Cause you'll be waiting a while.

It'll take about 22 hours and aerial refueling to get there anyway.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:17 pm

Rodstov and Grenoda wrote:love me some combat posts so I was quick on the draw on most

Oh and yes I can translate Russian XD

Do you speak Russian, or did you just use Google Translate like me?

Urran wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:Do you really mean 15:34? 'Cause you'll be waiting a while.

It'll take about 22 hours and aerial refueling to get there anyway.

Okey dokey. I applaud your dedication to realism.

Links:

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:20 pm

I am located in East Asia after all. It only makes sense that it would take a long time to get there.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Drekka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Drekka » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:30 pm

Very very simple and concise RP here. Will there be a need for a small, peacekeeping task force?

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Drekka wrote:Very very simple and concise RP here. Will there be a need for a small, peacekeeping task force?

I've got that covered but if OP is okay, I guess there's always room.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents