NATION

PASSWORD

The Cold War of Aysling [CLOSED]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Brutii Rebels
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

The Cold War of Aysling [CLOSED]

Postby Brutii Rebels » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:24 am

As the World War ended those that were lucky enough to survive were tasked with moving forward. However nothing would be so simple. In an age of nuclear capacity the superpowers of the world could no longer risk conventional warfare. Gone were the days of great and glorious war, now was the age of deceit, of proxy, of hidden motives. Many once proud nations now saw their sovereignty violated and they had become the playthings of the powerful.

The powers that be were on the prowl for anything that could give them the power they need to tip the balance. Oil, wealth, soldiers, whatever advantage they can find. But those that sit upon their self made thrones of blood and gold will soon discover that however tiny a nation my be, they do not respond kindly to the interference of foreigners. And a million men, a hundred thousand tanks, they mean nothing if your enemy will not die.

The era of empires is nearing its end, those who refuse to give representation to their people will find themselves at the end of a thousand barrels. We are in the twilight of tyranny, the bright sun of freedom approaches.

Brutii Rebels
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Brutii Rebels » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:18 pm

Razra, Brutii. May 13th 1953
It was a pleasant early spring day in Razra, the heat that Brutii was so well known for was still several weeks away, the cool air of spring continued to hold on to the pleasure of the cities inhabitants. Several hours ago the Tirish had rung, informing the devout that the morning prayers were soon to begin. As 9AM approached the city dwellers had finished their prayers and were nearly through breakfast. The quickest among them were already lining up outside the coronation plaza. The city, and indeed the whole kingdom was a buzz, the excitement was thick in the air. For this was the first coronation that would be broadcasted live on television.

Behind a veiled window the soon to be Sultan, Mohammed Suli ibn' Hussein paces nervously in his beautifully decorated waiting room. He had shaved already and the rough stubble gave him an older look, one he needed. He was a young man, only 24. He was not expected to ascend to the throne until his forties, yet his fathers health's rapid decline necessitated the transition to occur much earlier. Indeed the whole coronation was a last minute arrangement. Mohammed takes a deep breath and stops his pacing in front of a full length mirror. He flicks invisible dust from the lapels of his freshly pressed military uniform.

Be calm your highness, you look every bit the part of dashing young sultan, very respectable An aged yet strong looking man stands in the doorway. He smiles sadly, having seen the boys birth, he had not expected to his his ascension.

Good Caliph, I apologize, I did not hear you enter. Mohammed flickers his eyes to the man over the mirror. Caliph Aamir Bosi ibn' Abu Bakr, one of the most modern sultans stands erect. Despite his age he is still healthy. Mohammed squares his shoulders and turns toward Caliph Aamir. To what do I owe the pleasure of your company? Mohammed asks.

The guards are looking for you, the coronation approaches. I assume they are trying to get you down for a quick rehearsal. Aamir studies his young princes eyes and sees none of the fear he had expected to find. Only steel. Mohammed nods and walks from the room, placing his hand gently on Aamirs shoulder before leaving, slightly regretful.

Aamir strolls up the the window that faces the coronation plaza. Guards had begun to admit the first of the spectators into the plaza, mostly lords or members of wealthy families. Aamir stares intently at the small stage. In a few minutes Mohammed will stand upon it and take the vow. With luck he will continue his fathers policies and all will be well. Aamir scoffs, wishful thinking perhaps.

A slight creaking causes Aamir to turn, he sees an old friend wheel himself into the room. The Sultan, Tazir Hussein. Only 6 months ago the man was a picture of health, and now he could not walk, he could barely feed himself. And the proud old man needed assistance to use the restroom. A man of barely 60, looked older than 80.

Stop staring Aamir, I see my self in the mirror every day. I don't need to see myself in your eyes as well. Aamir starts to apologize but stops when he sees the wry smile.

Bastard, one day you will kill me. Aamir laughs I am glad to see you moving around, perhaps you are feeling better. Yallah willing you will recover.

Tazir waves his emaciated hand dismissively. Don't fill you head with nonsense Aamir. He rolls himself closer to the window so he can watch the coronation, luckily the windows were low enough My time is limiter my old friend, soon it is my son you will be serving. Tazir shakes his head

You know that is not true my friend. The lives of our families have always been tied together, one of us never outlives the other by much. It was true, though from freak coincidence, or by Yallah's will, the Caliphs of the Abu Bakr families, and the Sultans of the Husseins, have never outlived one another by more than a few months.

I pray the tradition breaks. I need someone to watch over Mohammed. I love Hassan dearly, but he is not forceful enough to stand up to Mohammed. And he will need to be stood up to, mark my words. Tazir sighs and turns to Aamir.

Concerned about our next Sultan my old friend? Aamir wheels Tazir over to the coffee table and pours water from an elegantly carved pitcher.

Mohammed is smart, brilliant in fact. And he knows how to woo a crowd. Yet, Tazir avoids Aamir's gaze His mind is full of ideas of grandeur, of the old Sultans that dictated laws and ruled with an iron fist. The days of absolutism are long gone. And I fear Mohammed seeks to bring them back

Aamir nods his head solemnly I hope that your fears are wrong my old friend. Now let us watch the coronation. He rises from his seat and wheels Tazir onto the balcony just as the trumpets begin to play.

Coronation Plaza
Mohammed hears the trumpets as he approaches the guards. They bow their heads and throw open the door. The sounds of hundreds singing the national anthem hit him like a truck as he approaches center stage. Awaiting him is the Royal coronator and the Caliph to be Hassan Ihsan ibn' Abu Bakr. Hassan smiles and shakes Mohammeds hand regally.

Good Prince, it is truly an honor Hassan says before he turns back to face the crowd. The royal coronator snaps his fingers and a small chest is brought onto the stage. The crowds yells fade to a whisper, and then into nothing as the man places the chest on a podium. Mohammed turns so that he is facing the chest and the man as it is opened. Inside is an ornate crown. Bejeweled, heavy, and expensive, the crown is only used during coronation. The man places the crown upon Mohammed's head.

He turns to face the crowd and pulls a dagger out. He holds it high as he chants. Alak Murisha Sultan Mohammed zirado, dinar fulush bagazi qara lonyo shibaz. Falo bizmir Brutii eterni. With that he draws the dagger against his palm and lets the blood drown to the stage.

With Tazir and Aamir
Aamir wheels Tazir back inside, away from the harsh son. He moves his tongue uncomfortably and smacks his lips. Tazir hears this and looks up sadly at his friend.

Has it started already? He asks.

Indeed my brother, Mohammed always had an affinity for Bariza, he used it on his brother as well if I recall. I had hoped he would be a little more inconspicuous. Aamir begins to struggle for breath as he collapses into the couch. I do wish he would have waited until after the reception, coronation parties are always fun. Aamir wheezes with laughter as he vision begins to fade

My son was never one for sentimentality, the conniving bastard is efficient I'll give him that. With that the Sultan Tazir's heart gave out. Aamir felt him go and let drop a single tear before he to was taken from this world.

The bodies were discovered soon after, but the deaths were written off as the diseases final attack, and then the destiny between Husseins and Abu Bakrs. No one suspected the poor grieving Sultan Mohammed.

The Ionian State
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ionian State » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:15 pm

New Ionia
As a quiet day went on in New Smyrna people continued going about their normal lives. Children walked home, people moved around on their way to or from work and the New Ionian weather was a little less hot than usual but still pretty hot. Shops filled with people and products from all across the world in the typical, cosmopolitan way of New Smyrna. Suddenly a bomb exploded raising dust and smoke across one of New Smyrna's busiest streets causing many to drop dead and others to be wounded. Police rushed to the scene. The days that followe were not very calmer as a group of seperatists attacked many cities in New Ionia in similar ways. On September 19 they begun an all out battle in New Smyrna. The Colonial Guard establsiehd martial law, driving the seperatists out of the cities and the Colonial Government relocated to the fortified and very safe New Makri. Fighting raged on for weeks until, on November 1st the sepratists, crashed by Ionian military superiority surrendered.

Ionian colonial troops near New Pargamon.

Tensions however had been high in New Ionia for a long time. And many Ionia colonists had left the Apartheid System of two decades ago and the much more leneient current one that succeded. Both had failed to achieve stability. After large demonstrations in New Pergamon, a city long ago belonging to Ostmarsh, now Ionianized, the Colonial Government, Federal Ionian Government and local leaders signed the New Makri protocol leaving New Ionia to Diliath which was free once again. Many Ionians chose to leave New Ionia and move to Ionia, from which their ancestors had left ages ago. An autonomous republic called Pefki was created for them in the area were many New Ioninas had returned in previous decades and many originated from, since they and the locals were practically one.

Pefkiot Ionian Honour Guards in Pefki outside the government chambers of the newly established Autonomous Republic.

Ionia made sure to leave lots of military equipment and funds to the new administration to cut off any foreign expansionist ambitions. Ionai also officially announced that anyone who attacked the new state would be ana enemy of Ionia and would be dealt with appropriately. Ionia also publicly revealed she posessed weapons such as those used by Anqoraknia in Dekarta in a very large supply and was not afraid to use them if necessary to strengthen her arguement.

Ionian dreadnought leaves the port of New Makri after the New Ionian independence.

Destroyer gifted to Diliath by Ionia.

Troops of the new state near equipment gifted by the Ionians.

Avinaa
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

CURRENT EVENTS IN AVINAA SINCE THE END OF WWII

Postby Avinaa » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:38 pm

After the Second Great War, also called the Second World War, ended Avinaa experienced 2 years of economic growth and internal peace. Rebels in New Avinaa had agreed to a truce, and Rome was prepared to give semi-autonomy to its colony of over 300 years. All that began to change in 1949, the GDP which had been growing by an average of 6% a year began to decline, fast. By 1951 the stagnate economy and weak private/public sectors collapsed. Unemployment skyrocketed, food, fuel, and water became scarce and descent against the government began to grow. Culminating in the Democratic Revolution.

THE PROTESTS:

The Democratic Revolution was a series of popular protests in most major cities all across Avinaa and the colonies of New Avinaa and Venantina that began in mid-August and intended to overthrew the military administration and founded the Republic of Avinaa. The protests began has a small demonstration against rising food prices in the City of Poets, but after over 15,000 people joined in, Government forces tried to end the movement before it spread. The result was the death of 18 protesters, 23 injures, and 48 arrests. Within days the protests spread the cities of Paroma, Lincourt, Opermia, Orleana, and Geori after this it was impossible to stop the protesters. Once it was clear that the majority of the people supported the protests General Mark Anthony, the governor of Kov declared his intent to overthrow the government of longtime President Gen. Frank Durbin. Gen. Anthony, after he received the backing of protest leaders began to march an army of about 20,000 troops to the capital Rome, which had been up until now mostly quiet and unaffected by the Revolution. President Durbin sent a force of about 13,000 elite troops to stop Anthony's advance only to be informed that the elite force declared allegiance to the Revolution, once Anthony's entered Geori unopposed and seized the city without a shot fired, military forces in Opermia, and Orleana declared their allegiance to Mark Anthony. By late September, 4 weeks after the protests began, and Anthony's army just 5 days from the capital massive protests began all across Rome. According to some organizers 1 million people took part in the demonstrations, after this Vice President of the Quroum Thomas Hans ordered the military to arrest Durbin. They complied and on November 14th, 1952 President Durbin was arrested and later that day the Quorum appointed Mark Anthony President of Avinaa.

Within three days of him taking office President Anthony appointed a new cabinet of ministers and decreed that the Quorum of Twelve is to be dissolved immediately. Instead Interim President Anthony announced that a National Dialogue Conference is to be appointed and will write a new Constitution.

THE DNC:

On December 17th, 1952 the DNC had its first meeting in Rome and divided into dozens of committee, appointed several independent commissions, and elected Joey Grina, leader the pro-ind. NA group, as Conference President. The most powerful body was called the National Transitional Council(NTC) this body was made up of 60 representatives(10% of the NDC) from across Avinaa and would govern the day-to-day needs of the country. The leader of the NTC was former National League for Democracy(NLD) secretary, Donald Annders. He was a liberal and as Chairmen of the NTC, he appointed a new cabinet of ministers and was the head of government.

The DNC at first had a rocky relationship with the military and Interim President Anthony, but after it was clear that the people were on the Conference's side Anthony backed off from trying to circumvent the NDC's laws. This was made clear after NTC Chairman Annders sacked all military officials from the Cabinet.

On April 25th, 1953 the NDC finally announced that a new constitution had been written and passed with a vote of 551-49 votes in the final session of the Conference. Under the new Constitution the executive branch is to be lead by a president who is both head of state and government, the Federal Congress is the legislative branch and is made up of the Senate and House of Representatives. In the Senate each of the 40 states get 2 seats(80 senators), in the House each state gets an "x" about of reps. based on population. The first House is to be made up of 250 members. Presidential elections are to take place on March 2nd, 1954 with Congressional elections on November 6th, 1954. Until elections take place the NTC is to govern the country along with Interim President Mark Anthony. New Avinaa to to be officially granted independence upon the election of the Federal Congress in November 1954, however Transitional Authorities have appointed a Council on the Governance of Diliath (Diliath Rebel Coalition has appointed the Council).

TRANSITIONAL LEADERSHIP:

Head of State: Interim President Mark Anthony

Head of Government: NTC Chairman Donald Anders

Interim Legislature: National Transitional Council(NTC)

The transitional leaders of Avinaa have stated that they intend to honor their pledge by dissolving the New Avinaa Assembly(which was a Rome appointed legislature for New Avinaa), it is to be replaced by a DRC appointed Council, and (former)Governor-General Andrew Jakob has been arrested for crimes against humanity, all executive and legislative authority has been transferred to Diliath's people, but Judaical authority is still in the hands of Rome appointed Judges. Members of the NDC failed to accurately explain how the Roman judicial system was to be replaced, if the Diliathians choose to do so.

Avinaa
Diplomat

Postby Avinaa » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Here is a list of all the Presidential Candidates for the March 1954 Election:

Dick Charles(Ind.)- Left-wing, NLD president.

John Jacob(Ind.)- Right-wing, democracy activist.

Donald Annders(Ind.)- Left-wing, former NLD secretary NTC Chairman.

Political parties have not formed yet, the NLD is the only political organisation at this time. However factions are already forming in the NLD

Dagenham
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagenham » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:56 am

Throughout the years of war, the United Kingdom of Dagenham had witheld a very discreet stance. Very rarely was it recognized as one of the belligerent nations. Its people looked at those who fought against one another with scorn. Because of this, it had very fragile relations with other countries.

Being allied with another country is considered by the Parliament as a priority. They found it the right time to cement ties with their allies before another land-ravaging war came. Dagenham didn't want to end up screwed, after all. Cambria was Dagenham's capital, and so its meetings were held there. Laws both sensible and utterly ridiculous had been approved and denied here. Some members of the Parliament were killed in the "most secure" government building in the city.

Prime Minister Remington Grinter of Dagenham felt that his country's military was feeble. Stupid, in fact. He had not previously considered the consequences of tightening gun laws. Now was the time to rise. While every other country out there was developing their own technology, Dagenham was sitting in the ashes of its own land. To Grinter, that was a terrible and disgusting thought.

He recently allowed several corporations in the country to begin drafting designs and building prototypes for what would be the United Kingdom's Fighting force. It would be their first defense against the big patch of Red to the North-East of their own nation. Wouldn't it be a big, great mess if they decided that they wanted to head South, to Dagenham? Of course... So far, all Grinter had were a bunch of puny square-shaped tanks with guns that wouldn't pierce through a brick wall. Pathetic. Despite that, he continued the project, ignoring the cost, as it was for the safety of his own nation anyway.

Dagenham's Ambassadors visited Dekarta's leaders, heading South and arriving from the North. Dekarta was one of the more powerful countries, currently, though not too long ago they were bombed. Grinter wanted to be sure that he could rely on these allies, and in return could give support when it was asked for.

Latonar
Attaché

Founded: Oct 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Latonar » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Kov, Avinaa

High marshal Kiliandred was peering trough a spyglass. In front of him was the city of Kov. He stood on one of the many Latonarian dreadnoughts that were approaching Kov. He was waiting for the airplanes that would assist the fleet in this suprise attack. The reason they attacked now were the stories about a revolution in Avinaa. That would weaken the nation, and that creates an golden oppurtunity for Latonar to finally attack the threatening isle of Kov. Then Kiliandred heard a noise. The planes had come. He spoke one word:"Attack." And then it started to rain death upon Kov.

After a few hours is almost the whole island in latonarian hands. The next thing the government does is sending a telegram to Avinaa to ask for peace, the only condition is that Latonar will keep Kov.

Brutii Rebels
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Brutii Rebels » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:17 pm

September 3rd, 1953
Korfu Province,
Mt. Bagari. Tarish Tribal Territory

For many years the Tarish people had been a persecuted minority in Brutii, though they had long ago accepted Yalloh as their god, they remained separated by their race. Descendants of Corellians who found themselves living in Brutii after the 2nd Corellian-Brutii War* They had not intermingled with the ethnic Brutii's that lived around them and had such remained ethnically separate. Over the last 200 years the lives of the Tarish people had greatly improved under a string of liberal sultans. They were granted full rights and citizenship under Tazirs father Khalid. Tazir himself gave them special protection to ensure that they are no persecuted by any Brutii who still hold to the old prejudices.

However the Tarish tribal leaders had worried greatly when Mohammed ascended to the throne. There were disturbing rumors about his beliefs of ethnic rights, and that he considered the Tarish inferior. But as the months wore on they began to relax as no conformation of these fears arose.

However not all Tarishi were so confident, and many of the elders ordered the mobilization of the Tarishi Defense Force* to ensure that they were not taken unaware if Mohammed attempts to assault them.

Lalidi, Tarish Tribal Territory.
Border Town

Saan Fulani grasps his rifle tightly. For months he and his squad had watched the city, they had kept the criminals in check and watched for any sign of trouble from the newly crowned Sultan. As of yet there was no trouble, but one could never be sure. A squawk on his radio drew Saan's attention back to his truck.

Sgt. Fulani, report. The voice of Maj. Hiro crackles over the jeep's radio. Hiro was a child of two Acronesians who had fleed vicious persecution under their Anqoraknian occupiers. He had followed them over after the wars end. His military expertise had granted him a place in Tarishi military command.

I'm here Hiro, all is quiet just like an hour ago. Try as he might he can not keep the annoyance from his voice and Hiro picks up on it.

Never forget that just because things were peaceful an hour ago does not mean that they will remain so, take care to remember that. Either way I want you to take your squad and patrol the northern district. One of our contacts in the Mus* says there might be trouble. Hiro says. Once you finish check back in for your next assignment. Hiro Out. The radio clicks as Maj. Hiro disconnects.

Saan sighs and rises from his seat in the jeep. Squad form up, Hiro wants us to patrol the northern district, possible trouble. His men groan but pack their gear up and get ready to move out. As they patrol the towns people nod politely. A few of them wave at members of the TDF they know.

Saan, how long will be be here? If Mohammed hasn't struck yet then he probably won't. Saan looks to his right and sees his second in command, Cpl. Baris walking beside him. I want to go back to my wife, little Farid misses me. Saan smiles sadly at the though of Baris's son. He had meet him a few times and he liked the rascal.

Hopefully we won't be here soon Baris, even if Mohammed does strike, we will be transferred back on leave next week. Saan claps Baris on the back. One of the soldiers ahead of them stops suddenly and Saan walks right into him.

Private, what the hell are you doing? Saan walks in front of him and stares at the young man. The private seems to be listening intently.

I hear something, listen. The town folk around fall silent as well as the soldiers listen. A slight buzzing is in the air and growing louder. San grabs his radio and sends out an open message.

All units, this is Sergeant Saan Fulani, we are heading towards the northern district and we hear a buzzing noise that seems to be getting closer, anyone else hear this. For several seconds the radio is silent before the other units begin to respond, they all hear it. Then the radar station checks in. Fast moving objects showed up on the radar.

A siren begins to sound and the speakers placed around the city turn on.

This is Colonel Gazi*, military commander of all forces in Lalidi, we have fast moving objects heading towards the town. All TDF's are to report to battle stations, all non military personnel are to report to shelters. This is not a drill, I repeat this is not a drill. The towns people drop everything and head towards shelters. Saan leads his men towards the nearest post. As they reach it, they see planes overhead, and men jumping from them.

Additional Information
*The Corellian Wars were a series of conflicts with Corellia over Korfu, which both nations desired. The ended with the 4th Corellian War with the annexation of Korfu by Brutii.

*Tarishi Defense Force was established in 1846 by Chief Wazir Mubak, to safe guard Tarishi villagers against those who sought to do them harm, they are highly skilled and seen as the military of the Tarishi tribes.

*the Mus are a terrorist organization that seeks to reunite the province of Korfu with Corellia, they are disavowed by both the Corellian government and the Tarishi tribes

*Colonel Gazi is something of a mistake although a lucky one, he was never supposed to join the military and was supposed to be a politician. However at the age of 17 he ran off and joined the TDF. He proved exceptionally skilled and would prove a hero in the Battle of Lalidi

Brutii Rebels
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Brutii Rebels » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:01 am

A bullet explodes into the wall next to Saan's head, slivers of brick cut into his cheek, hot bits of the shattered bullet scorch his eyebrow

Samira! Saan curses and ducks lower behind the sandbags. He fires blindly over the barricade and hears a yell as one of his shots finds its mark. For the last 30 minutes his squad had been under almost constant fire by the Sultans Royal Corp, a unit of 50,000 elite soldiers loyal exclusively to the sultan.

Saan, we can't hold this position, if we stay we will be overrun. Corporal Baris sprints bent over to Saan, his helmet clutched tightly as bullets fly overhead. Colonel Gazi just gave the order for all available units to retreat to secondary defense positions.

Saan nods and fires several shots over the sandbags. He pulls the pin from a smoke grenade and tosses it. He waits several seconds before the smoke begins to gush from the canister.

All men, Colonel Gazi has ordered a retreat. Saan jumps up and unloads a clip. Two men are hit by several bullets. The squad retreats, as the smoke begins to clear the fire from the Sultans Corp picks up, a bullet pings off Saan's helmet and one soldier takes a bullet to the leg. He collapses onto the pavement clutching his knee. Baris grabs the man and hefts him into his arms.

No men left behind. Baris gasps under the weight and keeps running. Right as the turn the corner a bullet hits another of Saan's men right in the back, he collapses and screams in pain. Saan grabs the man and puts him on his shoulder, the blood runs down his back as he runs. As the run, the gunfire fades. The Royal Corp content with occupying their post for now.

Planes continue to fly overhead, dropping enemy reinforcements at the cities outskirts, for those that were dropped farther in for subjected to heavy small arms fire during their descent. Scouts outside the city reported that armored vehicles were approaching Lalidi.

Saan and his unite arrive at the secondary camp, men rush back and forth. All around men lie on boxes and blankets, wounds tied and bandaged. Over in the corner of the market rows of men lay motionless, to many lie still. And to few still walk.

Medic! Baris yells, signaling to a group of doctors huddles over a radio. Two of the men rush over, Baris helps one of them carry the man shot in his leg over to a stretcher, the second man puts his fingers to the man Saan carries and takes them away.

No pulse, I am sorry. The doctor rushes back to the other doctors who have cleared a table for two new men who arrive, one missing an eye and the other his left hand. Saan gently puts the man next to the other dead, he closes his eyes.

You did what you could Saan, Azazi will be okay, and I know that Dari's family will appreciate you bringing his body back. He was a good man, and he would have done the same for you. Baris squeezes his shoulder gently and goes back to the squad.

Saan sits next to Dari, his face devoid of life. He feels a man walk up beside him. We can not hold the city Sgt. Fulani, you know this. Colonel Gazi stands above him, he reaches out a hand to Saan which he takes. Gazi pulls him to his feet and they salute each other. In two hours we will make a push for the southern district, if we can break the defensive perimeter we will be able to evacuate the civilians and as many soldiers as we can. Spread the word. Saan salutes the commander and then rushes to inform the others of his orders

By his count they have less than 500 men to make this push, against a force of 5,000.

Reichsland
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Reichsland » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:42 pm

February 11th, 1953
Weisiger

The years following WWII were full of changes. The Firebombing of Olmsheid had significantly destroyed the integrity and trust of Tirpitz's administration. The SS had effectively been destroyed therefore eliminating the immediate threat to the Chancellor. In doing so though however, he had condoned the killing of countless civilians in the city, which shattered the bonds between him and the Landser. Tirpitz continued his policies of embracing capitalism, while shutting down the camps. On May 7th, 1947 Tirpitz ordered that every person imprisoned in the camps be freed and cleared of all charges. When journalists reported back on the conditions under which the prisoners had been force to suffer, it appalled a large majority of the population. The old generation of hate had given way to younger more open minded citizens, and when they realized what their predecessors had done, it pushed them to oust Chancellor Tirpitz and his entire administration. The straw that broke the camels back was when the Chancellor provided the nation of Anqoraknia with nuclear weapons. The Chancellor wanted the money, and cared not for the fate of other nations in the world. When Anqoraknia used the weapons against Dekarta, the people revolted.

In August of 1947, a large mass of people gathered outside the Reichshalle in protest. By this time Tirpitz knew that his days as leader were coming to a close. If they caught him they would surely kill him, and if he suppressed the protests then they would revolt even more. He was in a situation that he could not win. He gathered his most trusted advisors and made plans to escape the city. They arranged to flee Reichsland and head to Austerlitz. There they would be far removed from the affairs of the mainland. On August 20th, Tirpitz and 6 other high ranking officials made there way to a waiting plane under the cover of darkness. Once aboard, the plane taxied out onto the runway and gunned its engines, carrying its cargo far away from Weisiger. The next day, it was announced that the Chancellor had left, and the mass of people broke through the gates of the Reichshalle and seized it. The era of oppression had came to an end, and the people now had the power to undo the evils that had been committed and replace it with something better.

Between 1947-1952, Reichsland was led by an interim government. During this period several of the greatest landser minds were busy drafting a new form of government, one that would replace the vile system of Fascism. Finally they had drafted a system of government upon which a nation could stand forever. They held a national referendum on whether to accept the new government or not, and on November 14th, 1952 the Landser elected to be ruled by a new government. The vote passed with almost no opposition, and the people rejoiced. Two months later in January, they elected their first president, Isidur Bredenberg.
Reichsland was now a Federal Republic, which meant that it was Democratic Republic that was based on capitalism. Under this new government Reichsland would become one of the most wealthy and powerful nations in the world. The breakdown of the new government is as follows;

"Reichsland is governed by a Federal Republic. All government officials are elected through democratic elections. The leader of the nation is the president. The president is aided by the vice-president, who is second-in-command. They in turn elect their cabinets, which consist of various advisers. This is known as the Executive branch, whose duties are to enforce the laws of the land and ensure the ultimate well being of Reichsland.
There is also Congress, which is composed of two sections. The first section is known as the Chancellery. There are 8 Chancellors elected from each state. There are always 40 Chancellors. This chamber is known as Upper Congress. The Lower Congress is known as the Council of Representatives. Each state is divided into regions, with each region consisting of 12 counties. These 12 counties are sub-divided into three sets of 4 counties. These 4 counties compose a district. Each district elects a representative. The duties of Congress are to pass and amend laws by vote. A law must pass both sections of Congress before it can become real law. There must be a 2/3 majority vote in each section. The president can veto a law, however, with a super majority in Congress, which means that 90% of the entire Congress must vote for the law, the veto can be overridden. This is known as the legislative branch.

The Judicial branch consists of the High Court. This is the highest court in the nation. Its duties are to interpret the laws of the nation and make rulings based on their interpretations, Civilians may access this court, and if the High Court makes a ruling, then that ruling cannot be repealed and is final. Lower courts are present in all of the states. They handle local and basic criminal and civil trials. They answer to the high court. There are state courts in each state that handle all basic criminal and civil trials. There is also one lower federal court in each state. The state courts answer to these courts, and the federal court answers to the High Court.

Every public official, from president to the local sheriff are elected with democratic elections. However, only the local populace may vote for their local officials. National elections are held only for political positions in the Federal Government." -excerpt from an official government document.

The new Federal Republic has removed all racial and ethnic laws, and it has also removed all travel bans on immigrants. The President signs an Executive Order into place on February 2nd declaring that all symbols of the Zahler Party be erased and all literature that makes reference to or praises it be immediately destroyed. The Congress also passed a law making it a crime to be a member of the Zahler Party. A manhunt began for remnants of the old Zahler Party which prompted a mass exodus of party members to flee to various parts of the world. Several of them made their way to Austerlitz. Those who escaped were rarely caught, since the real focus of the government was on mainland Reichsland. Due to this central focus, Austerlitz would become a very dubious place over the course of the following decade, becoming a major stomping ground for the black market.

President Bredenberg issued a challenge to Congress to begin loosening the government's grasp on business and the economy, which would allow for entrepreneurship to blossom and for businesses to expand however they would like. Several manufacturing corporations turned their focus from military goods to civilian goods. This drastic change in production led to the media circulating a name for it. They called it RuhigHemmer which means "Peace Hammer." This word refers to the act of beating swords into plowshares, therefore promoting an atmosphere of peace. The economy during the fledgling years was rather rocky, however thanks to some of the more beneficial things that the former government had done, this would not be so for long. The intricate, well built highway system was conducive to the efficient transport of merchandise, and the great railroads proved helpful as well. Overall, the economy was in a slow recovery however the people were glad for the metaphorical breath of fresh air that the new government system promised.

Reichshalle, Weisiger

President Bredenberg sat in his office, sifting through the papers that his predecessor had left behind. Mostly things of a bureaucratic nature, there was one thing that caught his interest. It was a document stamped with the logo of Goethe Energy Works. It made mention of a new type of nuclear weapon, one that was much more powerful than the originals. He made a mental reference to inquire further of the subject and folded the paper and slid it into his pocket. A few minutes later the Vice-President, Hugo Von Der Graaf, walked in and took a seat. He then spoke "I know that you are busy sir, we all are, however I have been thinking that perhaps it would be well for you to make an announcement. One that states that Reichsland may have undergone change, however we are still one of the most powerful nations in the world. Combined with this, we should extend an offer of peace to all nations who would accept it." Bredenberg answered" Your right Hugo, Reichsland has remained silent on the world stage for long enough. We have to let them know that we are still a force to be reckoned with. I think that it would behoove us to offer an apology to the world for what Tirpitz and his gang of thugs did as well. So be it, get ahold of the Diplomatic Office and tell them to prepare to circulate a message to the leaders of the world."

To the Esteemed Leaders of the World's Nations,
On behalf of the Federal Republic of Reichsland and Its Territories I, President Isidor Bredenberg, do hereby put forth this letter. It has been brought to my attention that for the last few years, Reichsland has not had much to do with the outside world, instead becoming introverted and self centered. I am sure that you are also aware of the foul evils that transpired under the direction of my predecessor. I offer you a most sincere apology for those who lost loved ones or friends during this dark period of our history. Sadly I cannot bring them back, and words alone cannot convey the true amount and depth of sorrow that I feel. If you were to say that we are to blame for what transpired, than I would have no choice but to agree with you. Every Landser old enough to stand and fight is to blame. Instead we chose to sit idly by while Tirpitz spread his darkness over the land. A land that is now stained with countless amounts of blood. Please accept not just my apology, but the apology of every Landser.
However I urge you not to mistake my soft heart and sorrow for complacency. We are still a powerful nation with an unmatched fighting force , and with command of an arsenal of nuclear weapons with which we will not hesitate to use against our enemies. We do not wish for war, but be warned, we will fight to the last if any would threaten our way of life. I urge you all to accept this letter as an invitation to peace. I humbly suggest that we all work together in trade and humanitarian efforts not only to grow our nations' economies, but to make this world a better place for everyone. We welcome any feedback that you would have to this letter.
With all due respect,
President of the Federal Republic of Reichsland, Isidor Bredenberg.
Last edited by Reichsland on Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demonym: Landser
Wilderosian War
Hakaan Civil War
Lauaj War
{5.Peace}
4.High Alert
3.Mobilization
2.War
1.Nuclear War

Reichsland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Reichsland » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:38 am

Brunau, Austerlitz

The atmosphere in Brunau was hot and humid, making it a miserable experience for any one who was not accustomed to it. A group of locals were gathered around a lowly wooden hut, some standing guard while others worked over small cooking fires. Several of the locals were armed with old Landser assault rifles, ex members of the Ausland Sturmwehr Divisions. They still wore there grey tropical uniforms, many were tattered. The sound of coughing once again emanated from inside of the hut. At this sound, a couple of the men turned there heads to glance at the hut, but most of the group simply went on about their business.

Inside the cabin things were of a different nature. A haggard looking man lay in bed, at the side of which stood a tall beautiful woman. The man was none other than former Chancellor Albrecht Tirpitz, stricken with disease, a tropical fever of some sort. Elsa knew that his time was limited and the clock was silently counting down the seconds to the moment when his life would be forfeit. She could do nothing to help him, except try to make him comfortable. The other men who they had escaped with had abandoned them as soon as they had gotten to the countryside. When they arrived, it had occurred to them that the SS Austerlitz Division was still alive and well down here, and when its leaders learned of what had happened to their supreme commander there anger would surely be kindled. The SS had since devolved into nothing more than a glorified street gang, however if they were to find Tirptiz or any other government member they would kill them in cold blood. The SS mentality ran deep, strong enough to connect two continents together in brotherhood. Rumors had escaped from the mainland saying that Tirpitz had came to Austerlitz, and now the SS were on the prowl for him.

As Elsa leaned forward to mop at Tirpitz's brow with a wet cloth, her head suddenly exploded into a cloud of pink mist and blood, the sound of broken glass erupting from a window. Tirpitz was unable to do anything as the bodily residue of his wife ran down his face. Without notice another sniper round found its way through the feeble side of the house, slamming through the other opposite wall. As Tirpitz realized what was happening the sound of gunfire erupted outside of his dwelling. It was over in a matter of what seemed like seconds, the door burst open and 5 men dressed in the black uniforms of the SS trotted in with weapons raised to their cheeks. Once inside they fanned out around the bed as another man walked inside. He glanced at what remained of Elsa and back at the former leader. The man wasted no time in speaking... I am Marshall Mozamba. I apologize for the mess that my men have created however I cannot help but add that you ultimately brought this on yourself. We are aware of your crimes against the SS and it is our sacred duty to punish you for them. You were a fool to come to Makria*, you should have known that we would find you sooner or later. We have already found your 3 of your friends and they met the same fate as your bitch wife. You are hereby sentenced to death...good day."

As Mozamba finished speaking, he walked to the door and waved outside. Shortly thereafter men carrying chains made there way inside of the cabin, where they expediently secured the Chancellor in bonds. Another of the men produced a jerry can of gasoline and doused the poor man. Tirpitz was frantic, trying to plead with the men to stop, but his cries fell on deaf ears. Once this had been done everyone but Mozamba left the cabin. He reached into his pocked and brought out a match and signaled for Tirpitz to quiet down. Mozamba then spoke again "You firebombed not only our leaders, but innocent Landser civilians as well. Can you imagine the excruciating pain of burning alive, knowing that you have no hope of salvation? I can't, however you will find out soon enough. When I see you in hell, be sure to tell me what it was like." With that, Mozamba struck the match and threw it at the bed which erupted into a large fireball with a "whoosh!" Tirpitz's screams were piercing, chilling. Mozamba knew that his job was almost done and as exited down the steps he told the men to burn the hut as well. As they set about following his orders, he hopped up into a truck and headed back to his base... So was the end of Chancellor Albrecht Tirpitz, the scourge of Reichsland.
Last edited by Reichsland on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wilderosian War
Hakaan Civil War
Lauaj War
{5.Peace}
4.High Alert
3.Mobilization
2.War
1.Nuclear War

Diliath
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Diliath » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:36 am

Diliath

Now Diliath is free again of their colonial masters is it to Lyssipos Talredos to make it a strong nation again. The newborn realm that includes the former colonies of New Ionia and New Avinaa and that to includes the former nation of Fawahim has to stand on its own once again. The first things to do are to form a political system, a new court system, a new army and an own economy. Some other reforms have too to be done.

-The renaming of the cities:
The following cities will change names:
New Priene becomes Avaldar
New Makri becomes Latkia
New Pergamon becomes Serullar
Neapolis becomes Ochmir
New Smyrna becomes Tarovasol
Kolpopolis becomes Katosh
Nova Roma becomes Utar-Machoch

These names are the names that the cities wore before the colonial time.

-The new political system:
Lyssipos gives the noble families that ruled the land before the Ionians and the Avinaans came the rule over the land. Every ground that remained after that is given to the (noble) adventurers that came with him. He too establishes a senate which stands out of 70 senators and two consuls. The senators are normally older than 55 and are appointed by the emperor, if the emperor wants to make a person whose younger then 55 senator is that too possible. The consuls are 'chosen' by the senate but the emperor has much influence in this. The consuls are more powerful and have more rights than normal senators. The senate handles minor political cases and advises the emperor. He too divides the realm in districts, which are again ruled by the nobles that ruled them before. The districts are:
-The kingdom of Avaldar, which includes the island were the city of Avaldar lies on.
-The principality of Katosh, which includes all ground around the city until the inlet in the south.
-The principality of Utar-Machoch, which includes all ground south and west of the city.
The realm will be ruled by an emperor(Lyssipos) and this means that there is not any form of democracy. The capital of the nation will be Tarovasol.

-The court system:
The court system will be the same as the Avinaan court system that existed in New Avinaa(it will have maybe a few little adjustments. It will now be used in the whole realm.

-The army:
The army will be split in two parts, the legions and the noble/district armies. The nobles will have little personal armies and the districts have too an own army. The emperor however has legions under his command. This armies standing out of 40000 infantrymen each. The legions too include planes, tanks and expert units. The legions stand directly under the emperor himself and will be very loyal and organized. The imperial fleet isn't separated in parts and stands out of big ships like dreadnoughts.

-The economy:

Diliath lies in a good position for trade and because Diliathian people have trade in their blood will this form an important part of the economy. Diliath starts with building many factories that will mainly concentrate on the production of weapons and products of wood. Diliath has too much gold in its ground, especially in Tarovasol, and this will be a boost for the economy. The nation is strongly capitalistic.

-The religion:

Diliath is catholic and was in the old times an own patriarchy, but is now Ressachian catholic trough the the rule of the ressachian Talredoi. The church is led by the tranarch in Tarovasol, who comes directly after the patriarch of Ressach.

-The crusade of the black tear:
When Lyssipos took power of Diliath did he get help from crusaders of the black tear, The cusade is an ancient catholic faith militia, as gratitude for this help did Lyssipos grant them many privileges and he to granted them the rule over the city of Serullar. The crusade is not part of the diliathian nation but is connected with it. They have succesfully recruited many catholic people and are now forming a power in Diliath and even in Aysling. The militia stands out of more than 100000 soldiers, but they are not trained as well. They have too more then a million citizens trough their rule over Serullar.

-The language:
The two most prominent languages are latin and old grecian.

-The diliathian steel:
Now Diliath is free again has the tranarch given away the secret of the diliathian steel. This is steel that is strong enough to avert bullits and that's still very light. However the steel is hard to make and it is only possible to be bought by the richest of Diliath. The highest commanders of the legions wear medieval looking armour made of diliathian steel and too a mask made of it.

-Slaves:
slavery is allowed in Diliath although people with diliathian citizenship may not be used as slaves unless they're criminals or rebels. This means that nobles and other wealthy people keep slaves. Gladiator games are to allowed, but gladiators may not have guns so they can never resist succesfully.
Last edited by Diliath on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:58 am, edited 4 times in total.

Kahliste
Attaché

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kahliste » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:40 am

Villasis, Anao, Hafka

The year is now 1953. After several months of planning and preparing, Emperor Janos Lysvand I of Kahliste carried out another invasion against Anao. This time his forces were well divided. If ever the fatherland was attacked by a concerned third party, they would face the Imperial Guard. The forces in the South were the 4th Mechanized, the 7th Strike Army, and the 24th Strike Army. Several tank divisions were also deployed during this campaign. Annopol also sent a fair share of its own to assist in the invasion of Anao. From the West and North, naval force sfrom Kahliste attacked. After a good long while of fighting, Anao's fighting force was finally neautralized. Exhausted, its capital finally raised the white flag.

For the second time, Lysvand conducted a military parade through Anao's capital to show off his mechanized army's strength. The country's leaders were executed publicly to instill fear within the native population. It seems to have worked, as there was no resistance at all from the survivors. They made the right choice. Had they decided to fight any longer, they would be crushed. As Lysvand sat in his own vehicle, he spoke to an officer. The line of armored vehicles came to the halt at the sudden sound of a rifle. The window on Lysvand's left shattered. He clutched his shoulder and dropped down. The officer was shot in the gut and killed instantly. In response, the armed forces lining the road fired at windows, killing many civilians in their panic. Anyone peeking out their windows were shot unless they hid first.

Lysvand was later brought to his ship to be treated while as revenge for the insolent attack, houses in Anao were burned, and its remaining officials shot in the middle of the city. They were left there hanging until their corpses became rotten and their smell was unbearable. The Kahlisteans were forced to burn the bodies first before throwing them away.

As in Caronise, formerly Dahkar, an Imperial official was appointed as leader of Anao. They would keep their name for fighting valiantly, though they were defeated. Lysvand sat on the edge of a gurney in his ship, the Lyell, speaking to the new leader of Anao, General Vilhelm Mathiesen. They discussed the current economical state of Anao and how it could be repaired. The people would need to be kept in check, otherwise they would revolt for sure. Thus, the Pantrar were born. Elite members of the well-known, fiercely patriotic Gvardia Emperiat were taken and admitted to this program. Their job was to stay within the cities of Caronise and Anao, watching people. If any subtle movement was made against the Imperial rule, they would suddenly just... Disappear.

Now, the other reason that Lysvand wanted Anao was because of its abundant supply of radioactive material in the South. He didn't want to have to pay for things he could get from other captured countries, so he took over Anao and immediately began to develop secretly, a nuclear weapon for Kahliste. Currently, there was only one unit, and it was hidden in the tropical forests of Anao where it would be very hardly seen and would be well-protected. Once his shoulder was fine again, he would visit the facility to see where they were going.
The views of this nation (Kahliste) do not reflect my own. But when it does, then it's none of your business.

Avinaa
Diplomat

Postby Avinaa » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:07 am

Avinaa's transitional government has endorsed the new government of Diliath, although not officially independent, nations across the world are now treating Diliath has a sovereign state. The National Transitional Council has called on all nations to recognize Dailiath's new administration and has even submitted a case in the Supreme Court that if approved could give the NTC the power to grant Diliath Independence now so they don't have the wait for a Congressional elections in 1954.

In other news the NTC has condemned the invasion of Kov and recalled its ambassador, all candidates in the upcoming presidential election have stated that they will retake the island if elected. The NTC has decided not to declare war, choosing to focus on running a smooth election. They have stated that seats in Congress given to Kov will remain vacant until they are returned to Avinaa. The Interim President Mark Anthony has called Kov "Avinaain by heritage, Avinaain by law, Avinaain by soul."
Last edited by Avinaa on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Diliath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Diliath » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Akenotep, Hafka

After a visit from Lyssipos to Akenotep does a part of the people want to join the empire of Diliath. Lyssipos held a speech about the friendship between Diliath and Akenotep and about the agreements between the peoples. He talked about their combined resistance against Kahliste, about the wealth that Akenotep had in the ancient empire of Diliath, about their related cultures, about their common religion (60% of Akenotep is christian just as Diliath). After this he said:'And, people of Akenotep, now I told you about our commens and friendship do I want to ask you the following: Will Akenotep be a part of Diliath again? Of course will you have your own district and will your culture be respected. You will only become better of it. Your economy will grow through our combined business and nations will think twice before attacking our united nation. And about your freedom you don'thave to worry because we will keep totally free elections for the government of the district of Akenotep. I even swear you that your full democracy will be garantied by the imperial army and government. I hope you will consider my offer because we both get better of it." After this did Lyssipos make a tour through Akenotep and everywhere he made the people thinking. After a month did the government, under pressure of the people, open elections about wether Akenotep should join Diliath or not. The result: 57% of the Akenotepians wanted to join Diliath. After a week did the government officialy give Akenotep to Diliath. Lyssipos immidiately made plans for the future of the land. It would be split in two districts who act the same as the other three. THe names of the districts are Xois and Akenotep. The district of Xois includes the city of Xois and all lands until the inlet in the river west of Xois. The rest of the Akenotepian land becomes the district of Akenotep.

The diliathian government keeps its word and both districts get much freedom( just like the other three). They both get too free elections and Akenotep is succesfully added to the diliathian economic market. They too accept the pound as currency. They get the right to form local militias and two legions are formed from the Akenotepian army. All these things make Diliath beloved in Akenotep and Akenotep becomes part of the diliathian empire.

After three months however does the diliathian government three things that makes the people of Akenotep less happy with the new situation:

-The diliathian government forces the muslim minority to become catholic and makes it part of the ressachian church.
-They send diliathian immigrants to Akenotep to get grip on the population and to give Akenotep a more pro-Diliath culture. When the immigrants have arrived( this is a single happening) is 15% of the people in the district of Akenotep diliathian and 50% in the district of Xois.
-They too send a legion from Diliath to get more control over the region.
-They create blacktearian command postsin all major cities and they give the Crusade in Akenotep the same rights as in Diliath.

This all is done to control the nation of Akenotep and to make it truly part of the realm. When protests rise does Lyssipos travel to Akenotep and he convinces the people that this is the only time that this will happen. Most people are then convinced and peace and happiness return in Akenotep. All people that still resist against these measures(especially muslims) are forced to accept them by the diliathian army. By this way makes Βασιλεύς Lyssipos I Talredos Akenotep part of the diliathian empire.

Brutii Rebels
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Brutii Rebels » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:38 pm

Mass Immigration from Akenotep to Brutii

After the government of Diliath begins the enforcing of anti-Muslim laws, Caliph Hassan Ihsan ibn' Abu Bakr opened the borders of Brutii to the persecuted Muslims. Sympathetic Christians smuggled many Muslims families to Brutii, in the first month of the open door decree, over 45,000 Muslims had immigrated to Brutii, and the second and third months numbered 55,000 and 75,000 respectively. The rapidly expanding manufacturing and construction industries welcomed the boom on workers and the Parliament passed laws that granted temporary housing to the refugees

The Sultan Muhammad was infuriated when he heard that the oppression of the Muslims was continuing and drafted a letter to Lyssipos

Emperor Lyssipos,
When the word first reached my ears the disgusting path that you were taking I hoped it would not be true, that no man would be so ignorant and foolish that he felt the need to force his people to convert. Nearly 200,000 refugees have already arrived in Brutii, and it seems certain that more will continue to flood into my glorious nation. You will immediately reverse your barbaric practices our you will be faced with the wrath of the international community, and the oil you so need, will no longer flow from Brutii soil
Sultan Muhammad Hussein
Last edited by Brutii Rebels on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stassov
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stassov » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:01 am

The war was quite over... At last. The people of the new Tsardom of Stassov now have their chance to rebuild. In the Schedrov Palace in Vladikavkaçz, Ondrej Galiyeva, now Tsar of Stassov communes with his highest officials at a 20 foot table with two very elegant chandeliers dangling above it.

The new Tsar raised his glass, and his subordinates followed suit, filled with joy and relief. Due to the extensive damage caused during the war, Stassov was in need of immediate repairs and drastic changes. The government's main focus was currently the poor welfare and education in the country. Many people had chosen relatively unreachable places to live and of course, due to this, support would take a while to reach them.

Stassov's Arms Industry budget is decreased slightly in order to give more attention to other departments. After the meeting was adjourned, Tsar Galiyeva returned to his home where his family was waiting. Two boys and three girls. The first to greet him was Gavril, his eldest son and Tsarevich I of Stassov. He was 13 now, and more than capable of leading his very own army. He quite evidently took his leadership skills and charm from Ondrej. Both the Tsar and his wife took great pride in him, and for this, his younger brother Vasiliy hated him deeply. Not because he was often compared to his brother, but simply because he seemed to be better at everything. How he was better looking, smarter, stronger... It was ridiculous. Gavril couldn't even fire a gun! In fact, he'd secretly said how he wanted to be a doctor instead of a soldier to fight for the country!

While he watched his father give Gavril a hug and some praises with it, Vasiliy scowled and clutched his toy gun hard. He imagined himself holding a real, loaded rifle and firing a round into his brother's forehead. He almost laughed as he visualized the horrified look on Gavril's face before his head was blown to bits.

"Just you wait..." he said, gritting his teeth..

Then, his father noticed the strange look on his face and called him over for a hug just as warm and tight. In truth, there was no favoritism in his family. It was just the fact that Vasiliy's maternal Aunt Bogdana was polluting his mind and filling it with hate, as she wanted something for herself from the Tsar's family. She was plotting to kill the Tsar, the Tsarevich, his mother and the three daughters. She promised this to Vasiliy, saying that once his brother was dead and cold, he would be in the seat of power. Typically, he believed all her bullshit and agreed to conspire with her... Now only time would tell if the Tsar could find out before it was too late...
Last edited by Stassov on Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
don't click this link...

~Hej!~ I'm Knox!~

Saestea is my main account on NS.
I have a heap of puppets. Some are temporarily controlled by friends.
-Annopol -Soverith -Castiliasei -Kahliste
-Chiyoko -Stassov -Triteia

Diliath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Diliath » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:06 am

Emperor Lyssipos,
When the word first reached my ears the disgusting path that you were taking I hoped it would not be true, that no man would be so ignorant and foolish that he felt the need to force his people to convert. Nearly 200,000 refugees have already arrived in Brutii, and it seems certain that more will continue to flood into my glorious nation. You will immediately reverse your barbaric practices our you will be faced with the wrath of the international community, and the oil you so need, will no longer flow from Brutii soil
Sultan Muhammad Hussein

Sultan Muhammad Hussein,
You have to understand that i needed to strenght the position of Diliath in Akenotep and when religion is one of the biggest ravines between these two nations it had to be closed. And because Diliath is catholic and half Akenotep too is it not more than normal that we decide to put the islam aside. To have too to tell you that we opened the border and every muslim in Diliath(including Akenotep) has the choice to convert himself to christianity or to leave the country. already 20% is converted and has 40% left the country this means only 60% of the muslims is not longer important in this discussion. So i hope you will take back your spoken words against me, because i just do what has to happen. I too hope you will reconsider your idea of not selling oil to Diliath and if you continue that path we'll just buy oil in other places.

Βασιλεύς Lyssipos I Talredos, Βασιλεύς of Diliath and warden of the light.
Last edited by Diliath on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brutii Rebels
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Brutii Rebels » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:30 am

Sultan Muhammad reads the letter with disgust.

Your policies on religion are barbaric, the Muslims of your nation have never caused problems, they are productive members of society and intelligent cultured and long standing citizens. Your stupidity astounds me and your hope that I will rescind my embargo just further proves my belief in your ridiculously low intelligence. Mark my words swine, the embargo continues, and more will join it.
Sultan Muhammad Hussein

Muhammad seals the letter and has it sent, before turning to write a second, open letter.

Members of the International Community,
Esteemed Presidents, Prime Ministers, Kings, and Premiers. I write this letter on behalf of the Muslims of the world. The swine of Diliath have dared pass laws that restrict the rights of Muslims citizens, declaring that they either convert, or face deportation. This isolation is the first step taken by tyrants. Great Ruler of Reichland, surely you must remember the early days of the genocide. The Levites were isolated from their neighbors, marked as different. We can not allow this to pass. I have issued an embargo on all Diliathian goods, and stopped all oil exports to Diliath. I ask you, on behalf of the poor and oppressed, join Brutii in its embargo, let us save the huddled masses.
Yours in Brotherhood,
Sultan Hussein

The immigration increases exponentially, with 100,000 Muslims entering the nation in the 4th month. Bringing total immigration to 275,000

Stassov
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stassov » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:12 pm

Tsar Galiyeva was in the Schedrov Palace's rear garden when he was handed a letter by one of his personal guard. It was a letter from the Sultan of Brutii. As of now, relations between Stassov and their country were less than friendly. Though they were not hostile either. Reading the letter, Ondrej scoffed. Stassov and its allies were Christian nations, yet to be of another religion was never to be considered as illegal or immoral. He shook his head and pocketed the envelop after reading, and told his son Gavril to wait. As he returned to the palace, four of his guards stayed with Gavril.

Galiyeva was not intending to embargo Diliathian exports, and neither did he want to stop shipping his own. There wasn't much going in or out anyway. Currently, Stassov's largest trade partner was the Scandinavian Empire of Kahliste, which began to suddenly expand even into Hafkan soil. With this in mind, Galiyeva took a seat and wrote a letter to the Diliathian leadership:

Good friend, (insert your name here)

Surely you are unsure of what you do. By deporting people based on their religion, you are drastically reducing your own population, making Diliath more vulnerable to the currently belligerent Empire sitting right above your own territory. I hope you know that no matter what religion one individual follows, they are still an effective member of society and are still human, like yourself... Or are you? Stassov and Kahliste are Christian nations like your own, good leader, but we've not passed such laws. Consider the consequences. Freedom of religion should be allowed. This ridiculous law will bring about the fall of your nation.

Tsar I of Stassov, Ondrej Galiyeva

Once he finished writing it, he applied the seal of the Tsar's family and handed it to a young man who left the room immediately. Ondrej then turned around towards his window, watching his firstborn son playing among the flowers with their dog and faithful guardian, Pasha. He hoped this dispute would not lead to a much larger conflict.. He'd seen enough..
don't click this link...

~Hej!~ I'm Knox!~

Saestea is my main account on NS.
I have a heap of puppets. Some are temporarily controlled by friends.
-Annopol -Soverith -Castiliasei -Kahliste
-Chiyoko -Stassov -Triteia

Avinaa
Diplomat

From Revolution to Republic

Postby Avinaa » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:51 pm

FEBRUARY 2ND, 1954: Election Day!!

The People of Avinaa are heading to the polls today in the first democratic elections since 1920. National League for Democracy President Dick Charles is expected to win the vote as he has been leading in the polls by 3pts for the last 5 weeks. His main opponent is interim leader Donald Anders, the National Transitional Council Chairmen. The last candidate is Democracy Activist John Jacob. All candidates have expressed that Kov will be Avinaain again, but they differ in policy towards Diliath. Results will be announce within a few hours, turnout is expected to be high. The winner will be the candidate with the most votes, there will not be a run-off. The president-elect will take office March 2nd
Last edited by Avinaa on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reichsland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Reichsland » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:49 pm

Weisiger, Reichsland

The President sat in his office smoking a cigarette. Stress levels were high as they new government struggled to erase the past. Bredenberg was taking a few welcome moments of rest before his next scheduled speech, which was a mere two hours away. A senior member from the newly christened LandserDiplomatischeBuro entered into the office and placed an envelope onto his desk. The President glanced up quickly at the man before opening up the envelope and removing its contents. He perused the words on the paper and thought deeply about what he read. It was a dispatch from Sultan Hussein, requesting support for his embargo on the nation of Diliath due to its new laws against Muslims. While Reichsland had almost a nonexistent Muslim population now, it needed to put the message out that it was no longer the nation that it once had been. President Bredenberg understood this, however this was a Democracy and he could not act without the support of Congress. He immediately picked up his desk phone and rang the Chancellery Secretary's phone.

She picked up on the first ring. The President told her that he needed to address the Kanzerlei*, and while she was at it she should notify the VolksGruppe** as well. The Secretary hastily made the preparations however it would take two days for the Chancellery to assemble and three for the House of Representatives. Two days later the President made his case before Congress, and the following is an excerpt of his speech. "The Sultan of Brutii has called for our support in helping to uphold their embargo on Diliath. You see, it has come to my attention that Diliath's government has passed legislation discriminating against those of the Muslim faith. I know that we are fresh out of a conflict but I implore of you to weigh my words carefully. We have seen firsthand the devastation and sorrow that such laws can wreak. We know all to well that it started out small, but progressed so far down a road of evil that it is still of a magnitude that the world had never seen before. We must do everything we can to put the past behind us and show the world that Reichsland is truly changing for the better. In order to do this we must do everything we can to protect the god given freedoms of every person in this world. Reichsland will become a beacon of hope to the oppressed, for we shall throw off the binds of darkness and place on the armor and weaponry of light. I say place our own embargoes on Diliath to show our disdain for their actions against the Muslim people. What say you to that? We have all been elected to represent our fellow Landser, and if they were not ready to change this nation for the better then they would never have supported us in the first place."...

The speech that the President gave to the Kanzerlei was recorded and replayed to the VolksGruppe. After listening to the President and his speech, both chambers of Congress debated only for a day, and after that they held their votes. The Diliathian Embargo Act of 1953 as it came to be known was passed by both chambers. The Chancellery with a majority of 62%, and the House of Representatives with a majority of 71%. With the passage of this law, all trade with Diliath was halted. In response the President wrote a reply to the Sultan of Brutii stating that Reichsland would support its decision to embargo Diliath and would respond with its own embargo.

*Kanzlerei means Chancellery in Landser

**VolksGruppe literally means People's Group in Landser, however its real meaning is House of Representatives.
Wilderosian War
Hakaan Civil War
Lauaj War
{5.Peace}
4.High Alert
3.Mobilization
2.War
1.Nuclear War

Avinaa
Diplomat

Postby Avinaa » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:29 pm

HIGH ELECTIONS COMMISSION PRESS CONFERENCE, FEBRUARY 6TH, 1953: *Broadcasted live on TV and Ratio*

*the HEC Director stands in a press conference room, journalist are gathered surrounding the Director*

*standing behind the podium*

Members of the public, I am Director Foch, head of the High Elections Commission entrusted in caring out a smooth, peaceful and democratic election. Before I announce the winner I must plead with you to honor the vote, all three candidates have agreed to accept the results. The Interim Authorities will not allow any violent demonstrations to take place, however, it is your democratic right to hold peaceful demonstrations. And now ladies and gentlemen here are the results. *holds up government envelope* With a national turnout of 86%, Dick Charles has won the election with 47% of the popular vote, Donald Anders has secured 36%, and John Jacob has won 17% of the vote. President-elect Charles will take office March 2nd. Thank you and good night.

With the election of Dick Charles as president, this sends a clear message to the government of Latonar. Charles has promised to return Kov Island to Avinaa before Congressional elections later this year. In respect to Diliath, he campaigned on letting Diliath govern itself, the public doesn't want to get involved in other costly Hafta war.

Until Congressional elections the National Transitional Council will continue to act as the legislature, Chairmen Anders' position is unclear. He has the support of 2/3 of the NTC so he could block the president's agenda for a good long while. Anders' is the head of cabinet, but after a particularly tough campaign many annalists can't see Anders' playing a big role in the future government.

LATE MARCH 1953:

By this time President Dick Charles had taken office and a power struggle was taking place. Chairman Anders' had been refusing to allow the NTC to vote on Charles' new cabinet, meaning Anders' was legally still the chief executive. With a majority of 45 seats in the 60 seat chamber many thought Charles was going to have to wait until November 1953 to truly take office. However, Charles, always the clever politician, managed to capitalize on the unpopularity of the NTC and pressured members of the council that were also running for the new Congress to support him. After giving very public endorsements to several powerful and influential Council Members, President Charles' nominations were finally pushed out of committee and approved by the NTC. Chairman Anders resigned from the NTC altogether. However, he then announced he would seek election as a Federal Senator in the new Congress.

President Charles then announced that his government would finally get to work. His Secretary of State, George Ergo will tour Ionia, Reichland, and then Reeach. His Defense Secretary, Harry Deon will also tag along.
Last edited by Avinaa on Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brutii Rebels
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Brutii Rebels » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:09 pm

Sultan Muhammad sits at his desk and pens a reply to the President of Reichlands declaration

Pres. Brendenburg,
I can not express my happiness to hear that you have agreed to support our embargo. The Diliath have no regard for diversity, and they must understand that differences strengthen a nation, and do not weaken it. I formally invite you to attend a meeting in Razra next month, the meeting will be on the 22nd of December. I think that it will be a wonderful opportunity to ensure a strong relationship between our nations in the future.
Yours in Brotherhood,
Sultan Muhammad Hussein

100 Km east of Lalidi, Korfu Province
Tarishi Territory
November 13th

Sgt. Fulani curls up in the back of a pick up truck as it hurdles down the bumpy road. The escape from Lalidi had come with a great cost, only 200 TDF soldiers survived, and Col. Gazi had taken a bullet to his knee, which had essentially crippled him. Saan looks over at the sleeping man, Saan had seen his face while they escaped, his eyes dying as he watched man after man fall. However it was only because of him that any survived at all.

Sargent Fulani if you are going to stare at me, at least talk. Saan jumps as Colonel Gazi, who had had thought was sleeping, speaks.

Sorry sir, just running a bit of inner monologue. Saan rubs his neck nervously. You are a hero sir, without you, none of us would have survived.

Be that as it may, hundreds of bodies are on my conscience Fulani, and such things do not fade easily. Gazi turns back on his side and sleeps

Avinaa
Diplomat

PARTIES FORM AS WAR NEARS

Postby Avinaa » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:56 pm

With relations with Lantor continue to deteriorate, politics at home is starting to fracture the nation. Controversial former interim leader Donald Annders has announced that he as formed the centre-left Liberal Party and says the party will contest the Congressional Election in November. Conservatives are expected to form their own party many think the official announcement will take place within a week. Former presidential candidate John Jacob is meeting with conservative NLD leaders this weekend, President Charles was not invited.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents