NATION

PASSWORD

A Treaty Broken (IC, MT, Semi-Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arcadonisia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcadonisia » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:51 pm

Chostea wrote:
People's Chostelese Army Peacekeeping Division

To the attention of: Arcadonisia

Greetings, great nation of Arcadonisia. The People's Republic of Chostea has noticed that a conflict has recently erupted within your borders, sparked by a group of extremists. This is worrying, both for the implications it has for your nation, and for the rest of the world. As well as this, the terrorist group appears to be intent on genocide, which is a massive human rights violation, and we expect that the conflict may leave people without food, water, and shelter. Thus, the People's Republic of Chostea wishes to

1) Send peacekeeping divisions to any afflicted areas. Some of these regiments will have our XS-138, colloquially known as the "Detainment Glacier", which freezes subjects without killing them, effectively putting them in stasis. We must stress that this is incredibly expensive and difficult to handle, and will be used sparingly.
2) Provide humanitarian aid, including food, water, and medical supplies.

The People's Republic of Chostea will only be using lethal force in self-defence, and will not participate in any civil wars that occur, unless there is a referendum with a 80% majority for, which is incredibly unlikely.

We await your response.

To: The Leaders of Chostea
Subject: Assistance
Encryption: MEDIUM

To whom this may concern,

As dictated by our laws, I am in charge of Arcadonisia in Alyssa's stead, while she recovers from her injuries brought on by terrorists in Aegis. In regards to your proposal, you have been granted limited intervention in this crisis. That being said, you are allowed to offer humanitarian aid and assistance in hunting down and subduing those responsible for nearly killing our Queen and aiding the destabilization of our country.

Any further actions MUST be requested prior to being initiated. Only approved actions will be carried out since you will be inside of our territory. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Yours,
Nathan Steele
DEFCON: [1][2][3][4][5]
I'm a FanT/MT nation. RP Population: 320,000,000
Economic Left/Right: -5.88 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.41
XENO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Arcadonisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arcadonisia » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:47 pm

Senaal Memorial Hospital, Sol Vera, Arcadonisia

Alyssa laid in her bed, oblivious to what went on around her. Her head swam with images of what happened in Aegis, the pain of her injuries jarred her awake, causing the heart monitors to quicken their pace. She looked around, her surroundings were blurry, a side effect from the pain medications that were given to help her rest. She saw a figure in the corner, sitting in a chair. She squinted her eyes as they adjusted to the harsh white lights above her. She moved her arms cautiously as she flinched, feeling the needles poke and prod inside of her arms. She sighed to herself, gaining the attention of Nathan Steele, who sat in the corner watching her sleep.

"You're awake." said Nathan quietly as he leaned forward in his seat.

"Apparently so." replied Alyssa as she tried to fight the drowsiness of the medications given to quicken her healing. "How long was I out?"

"Two days." mumbled Nathan as he adjusted himself. "I.. We almost lost you."

"That bad huh?" chuckled Alyssa before doubling over and clenching her sides to ease the pain. "I don't remember it being that bad."

"That was because you passed out from the blood loss. You were an inch away from death when we got you here. After Aegis, everyone agreed that HOA was to be eliminated accordingly. They are all at the Palace, trying to figure out a detailed plan to start out this campaign. I have been here night and day by your side since then. I told them I would not join them until I knew you would be okay."

"That wasn't necessary Nathan." said Alyssa as she could see his eyes glancing in her direction.

"It was." replied Nathan in a sincere tone. "You are my Queen. I answer to no one and take advice from no one other than you."

"I'm in no position to lead." replied Alyssa as she gestured to her broken body. "I'm confined here until I am fully recovered. Someone else needs to rule in my stead until I am able."

Nathan stared at her quizzically, unsure of who she meant. "Who would you recommend to cover for you?"

"You." Said Alyssa quietly as her eyes burned with a fierce light. "You are the only one I can trust. My father trusted you with his life, and so shall I."

"I.. I can't accept this." stumbled Nathan as he was speechless. "I'm not fit for this. What about the Elders? the People? You know the rules, only an Arukkai of Mathaman decent can rule the Throne."

"You are right." stated Alyssa matter of factly as she sat up in her bed. "However, under the circumstances, they'll accept it. What good am I when I'm bedridden? Please, just do this for me. That is all I ask."

"And if I fail you?" questioned Nathan before a long period of silence fell over them both.

"You wont." stated Alyssa as she grasped his hand firmly in hers, squeezing it tightly.

Nathan than leaned over and kissed her, finally revealing what he had kept locked away for years. He knew that her trust meant more to him than anything, and he trusted her judgment. As he pulled away, Alyssa mouthed the words "I love you" before sending him off to relay the change of power. Nathan walked away from the room feeling uplifted, encouraged and most importantly, hell-bent on holding true to his promise he made to Alyssa. Now it was time to announce the change of leadership to his allies, and most importantly to the People.

Chostea
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chostea » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:40 am

Formal Request
The People's Intelligence Agency wishes to perform 24/7 satellite telemetry of Skyward Rim, and will be sending soldiers armed with XS-138 weapons, in the interesting of harmlessly detaining the terrorists.

However, we must know if we will be permitted to use this on civilians, as the terrorists may decide to hide themselves in buildings such as schools, and spraying the entire site with detainment glacier fluids is significantly easier. This means that after being sprayed, the building can be stormed with no casualties on either side, and terrorists can be separated from civilians without any resistance. Civilians can be thawed out after they have been identified.

Using the XS-138 is not at all necessary and operations can still be performed easily without freezing civilians.
Population: ~110 million
NS stats ≠ My stats. Reading factbooks saves lives!

DEFLEV: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] – Peacetime

Arcadonisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arcadonisia » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:11 pm

Chostea wrote:
Formal Request
The People's Intelligence Agency wishes to perform 24/7 satellite telemetry of Skyward Rim, and will be sending soldiers armed with XS-138 weapons, in the interesting of harmlessly detaining the terrorists.

However, we must know if we will be permitted to use this on civilians, as the terrorists may decide to hide themselves in buildings such as schools, and spraying the entire site with detainment glacier fluids is significantly easier. This means that after being sprayed, the building can be stormed with no casualties on either side, and terrorists can be separated from civilians without any resistance. Civilians can be thawed out after they have been identified.

Using the XS-138 is not at all necessary and operations can still be performed easily without freezing civilians.

To: PIA of Chostea
Subject: Operation Approval
Encryption: MEDIUM

Your request has been approved, but we must insist that your satellites should instead focus on southern Arcadonisia, where HOA is most prevalent. Also, use of such a weapon against civilians is strictly forbidden unless there is evidence without a doubt that they have a connection to HOA or any affiliated group. We will be watching your actions closely.

Signed,
High King Nathan Steele

Terranubis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Terranubis » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:34 pm

OOC: (This is a secret message that only the Arcadonisian general gets to see, even though i'm posting it up publicly). IC: The Terranubian presidential seal appears on the screen of the main military base. The Terranubian national anthem plays & the president appears on the screen. His face is disguised behind an elaborate mask & his voice is distorted (as usual). "Greetings to the Arcadonisian military leaders. I have formerly requested that we all resolve this dispute in a peaceful manner. But it would seem to me that this is no longer possible. As promised, the Terranubian government will ally itself with the official government of Arcadonisia in matters of war. We wish to discuss military deployments with you if you don't mind. Our general here will explain." The general is NOT in disguise & is a sunburned faced, muscled, middle aged man. The general begins, "With your permission, our current thought is to send a small naval carrier group to your coastline carrying deployments. It will also act as a minor blockade so that these terrorists will have a harder time fleeing if it so comes to that. We will set up a formation on the shoreline to defend the naval ships themselves. In the aircraft carrier will be small planes with groups of 20 soldiers, a pilot & copilot, a general & a medic in each one. These planes will be armed with missiles which will fire at the enemy's camp after the troops have been dropped from the sky & into combat. We're thinking that we could maybe send out our weaker deployments first & increase the power as the battling progresses so that they might underestimate us & then later become intimidated by our increasing power. If you will grant us permission to do this, we would be happy to discuss the rest of the plan with you. Do we have your permission general?", (the head general of Terranubis is waiting for you to say something back).

Arcadonisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arcadonisia » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:36 pm

Terranubis wrote:OOC: (This is a secret message that only the Arcadonisian general gets to see, even though i'm posting it up publicly). IC: The Terranubian presidential seal appears on the screen of the main military base. The Terranubian national anthem plays & the president appears on the screen. His face is disguised behind an elaborate mask & his voice is distorted (as usual). "Greetings to the Arcadonisian military leaders. I have formerly requested that we all resolve this dispute in a peaceful manner. But it would seem to me that this is no longer possible. As promised, the Terranubian government will ally itself with the official government of Arcadonisia in matters of war. We wish to discuss military deployments with you if you don't mind. Our general here will explain." The general is NOT in disguise & is a sunburned faced, muscled, middle aged man. The general begins, "With your permission, our current thought is to send a small naval carrier group to your coastline carrying deployments. It will also act as a minor blockade so that these terrorists will have a harder time fleeing if it so comes to that. We will set up a formation on the shoreline to defend the naval ships themselves. In the aircraft carrier will be small planes with groups of 20 soldiers, a pilot & copilot, a general & a medic in each one. These planes will be armed with missiles which will fire at the enemy's camp after the troops have been dropped from the sky & into combat. We're thinking that we could maybe send out our weaker deployments first & increase the power as the battling progresses so that they might underestimate us & then later become intimidated by our increasing power. If you will grant us permission to do this, we would be happy to discuss the rest of the plan with you. Do we have your permission general?", (the head general of Terranubis is waiting for you to say something back).

From the Office of the High King of Arcadonisia

To the Head General of Terranubis,

You do not know our laws, so I will kindly lay the most important one out for you. All military matters are to be relayed to me and me alone. Therefore, your request for intervention has been personally approved. You have authorization to mobilize and for a blockade along our shores as long as it does not interfere with our naval activities.

Yours,

Nathan Steele,
High King of Arcadonisia

Arcadonisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arcadonisia » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:02 pm

Achron, District 1

Sirens blared as toxic fumes began leeching out of broken canisters across the city. While the Humans fled, the Arukkai who were caught in the blast were frozen still, caught in the grip of the biological weapon that plagued them as their bodies jolted from the viral assault. Within moments, they were freed from their paralysis and began attacking the uninfected Arukkai.

Several Hours Later..

Anarchy flooded the streets as the number of Infected surged, as a quarter of the Arukkai population became infected and feral monsters. Policemen clashed with them on every corner, trying to subdue them without being infected themselves. Eventually, the Humans aided the Police in corralling the infected, caging and containing them from the population. While many of the infected were killed, some still roamed the barren streets as Arukkai and humans hid from sight, hoping not to become a victim themselves. As night fell upon them, they had to wonder who would do this to them.

Outside of the city, several policemen dropped off caged infected near an ADC Laboratory, where scientists eagerly awaited their test subjects' arrival.

"Ah!" exclaimed one of the scientists as he took a glimpse of an infected man, beating the bars of the cage, trying to free himself from captivity. "You brought some back alive this time."

"Don't start that shit again now." grumbled Police Chief Anderson as he rubbed his neck anxiously. "We would have brought the last batch here alive, but some idiot forgot to lock the cage properly. One of our men became infected shortly after."

"Infected eh?" mused the scientist. "Your partner wasn't Human was he?"

"No." replied Anderson quietly. "He was Arukkai, just like him." as her pointed in the direction of the infected, who stared hungrily at the scientist. "Whatever this is, it is somehow only infected your kind. Some of my officers think that this is some kind of bioweapon."

"That would explain many things." said the scientist as he crossed his arms.

"Like what, exactly?" prodded Anderson as he adjusted his police hat.

"I'm not exactly authorized to discuss this with you." warned the scientist as he looked behind his shoulder discreetly.

"Fine then." exhaled Anderson after taking a drag of his cigarette. "What do you make of this situation?"

"You've heard of the recent HOA attacks in the peace conference in Aegis, yes?"

"What of it?" nudged Anderson, trying to prod more information out as possible.

"As a man of the Law, you know that they want my kind dead." The scientist then glared at him, lowering his voice to a whisper before leaving for the safety of the Laboratory. "Who else would go to such extremes to accomplish their one true goal?"

Anderson looked at him as he walked away, trying to piece together what he had heard. The answer slapped him across the face as he realized that HOA was behind this, all of this. He then got into his truck and backed up his tailgate against a metal gate that led into a cargo hold as workers in HAZMAT suits began lifting the cages and dragging them inside of the compound to be tested. After it was done, he sped back to the city to rejoin the fight with the new information he had obtained.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents