NATION

PASSWORD

Second Dhechian War (OCC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Valdiu
Minister

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valdiu » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:35 am

"Actually, sir, the portal I fixed is over there."
| [0] | [1] | [2] | [3] | [4] | [5] | [6] | [7] |
[Mobilization Underway]
Population: 32,263,671
Military size: ~350,000, T3R: 2.7/1
The Republic of Valdiu
16-year old and social democrat
Jazz trombonist, cynic and student journalist
I enjoy CS:GO.
I hate the idea that someone out there hates me. I even hate that Al-Qaeda hates me. I think if they got to know me they wouldn’t hate me.

President Alexander Sterling | Vice President Aaron Victoria | Director of Foreign Affairs Mitchell Thromright

-
Currently Playing | Mr. Rogers 2020

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:27 am

New Roma Republic wrote:
Nicaro wrote:
Gotcha. You have a ground/sea based attack?

I'll be sure to put that in, but should I assume you have *not* surrendered?

I actually have 2 attacks. 1 is ground and that is targeting your lines to try to destroy any chemical weapons. The sea based one is going after your fleet.

And yes, I have not surrendered. "Today is a good day to die!"

I mean, is it being based from the ground? I think that's a yes, well I responded to your first and second assault albeit very vaguely. I've engaged your fighters in the second assault, and I pretty much just let your ground based aircraft file threw miles of anti-air without intercepting them but on the return flight be RP the incessant missiles from the ground.

Lord Sumguy
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 27, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Sumguy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:02 am

so, as an aside, how is everyone’s respective governments and populace accepting/justifying trillions of dollars spent and near total-war-level mobilization over a provincial rebellion? Surely such huge investments as are being made over what could justifiably be argued as a Carlosan internal matter would not be particularly popular at home, no? Or am I assuming too much and does everyone have the infinite-morale, fully-supportive-of-their-govt.-no-matter-what, unconcerned-with-war-costs, no-ethical-hangups public consciousness that is typical on II?

I ask because my preffered method of hampering war efforts is propaganda and manipulation of public perception, and I've already written a persuasive letter that only one person ICly aknowledged. So I'd like to know beforehand if I'd just be banging my proverbial head against a wall; I'd rather not write a propaganda campaign or whatnot that doesn't have a chance of even making a blip on anyone's public morale or popular war support.
Last edited by Lord Sumguy on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:16 am, edited 6 times in total.

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Lord Sumguy wrote:so, as an aside, how is everyone’s respective governments and populace accepting/justifying trillions of dollars spent and near total-war-level mobilization over a provincial rebellion? Surely such huge investments as are being made over what could justifiably be argued as a Carlosan internal matter would not be particularly popular at home, no? Or am I assuming too much and does everyone have the infinite-morale, fully-supportive-of-their-govt.-no-matter-what, unconcerned-with-war-costs, no-ethical-hangups public consciousness that is typical on II?

I ask because my preffered method of hampering war efforts is propaganda and manipulation of public perception, and I've already written a persuasive letter that only one person ICly aknowledged. So I'd like to know beforehand if I'd just be banging my proverbial head against a wall; I'd rather not write a propaganda campaign or whatnot that doesn't have a chance of even making a blip on anyone's public morale or popular war support.

<--- Extremely agitated, though controlled population. Deployment numbers are confidential in-country, but they all know it's much bigger then the gov't is claiming. As I said in the IRC, win or lose this will likely trigger a revolution, which is why I don't want to name my leader :P

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:35 am

Anyways, I don't think you could drop an airborne unit that swiftly. I mean, the whole point of the operation was surprise and it's been like two IC hours >.>. Again, not saying you can't but at least give me some time to exploit a natural offensive initiative.

Working on a post, going to make it quicker so we can move this along: not going to respond to Lankarta in this post iirc.

Emmerian Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Emmerian Republic » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:33 pm

Who is winning in the naval battle in Tonzy, and Nicaro....ARE YOU FREAKIN IGNORING ME!!!!!
The Union of the Emmerian Republic

DEFCON LVL

5 [4] 3 2 1

Active Emmerian military personnel: 10,421,707

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:35 pm

Emmerian Republic wrote:Who is winning in the naval battle in Tonzy, and Nicaro....ARE YOU FREAKIN IGNORING ME!!!!!

Read his post, You sunk an aircraft carrier.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Emmerian Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Emmerian Republic » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:36 pm

United States Of Devonta wrote:
Emmerian Republic wrote:Who is winning in the naval battle in Tonzy, and Nicaro....ARE YOU FREAKIN IGNORING ME!!!!!

Read his post, You sunk an aircraft carrier.

I know I did more damage than just sinking his carrier or damaging his cruiser
The Union of the Emmerian Republic

DEFCON LVL

5 [4] 3 2 1

Active Emmerian military personnel: 10,421,707

Marquesse
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Marquesse » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:49 pm

So nobody responded to my attack?

Holy Empire of Moltavia
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Moltavia » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:54 pm

^sorry I keep forgetting to switch

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:16 pm

A. I gave you the courtesy of killing the aircraft carrier, because I missed your posts. To be quite frank, I'd of rather have given both of them to New Korongo. You guys are attacking me from ranges that are flying in the face of my CAPs but whatever, I didn't fully catalogue the casualties they'll probably be about the same as the first strike, but it makes up everyone's naval attack since I can't just write a separate section for everyone.

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Holy Empire of Moltavia wrote:^sorry I keep forgetting to switch

Which attack? If you mean striking at my chemically fitted helicopter sorties, I told you in the post that there's an aircraft umbrella around the attacks. By the time you break threw, the WP would have already been dropped so at best you stop the Sarin or VX in some areas.

And I'm badly losing the battle at sea, right now.

Valdiu
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Valdiu » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:21 pm

Since Bartan and Chrymus are already off-ship, are the judges going to be fair? I honestly don't mind if they're not.
[Mobilization Underway]
The Republic of Valdiu
I hate the idea that someone out there hates me. I even hate that Al-Qaeda hates me. I think if they got to know me they wouldn’t hate me.

President Alexander Sterling | Vice President Aaron Victoria | Director of Foreign Affairs Mitchell Thromright

-

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:23 pm

Valdiu wrote:Since Bartan and Chrymus are already off-ship, are the judges going to be fair? I honestly don't mind if they're not.

They won't be fair, but with characters I won't kill them if you ask me to. I give you permission to RP their escape after this RP or, if it happens, sometime during this one.

Anyways, post peace conference everyone is invited to my civil war!

Valdiu
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Valdiu » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:27 pm

Lol, you can torture them to the edge of death, but not quite there. I like important characters to stay alive. :p
[Mobilization Underway]
The Republic of Valdiu

-

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:35 pm

Valdiu wrote:Lol, you can torture them to the edge of death, but not quite there. I like important characters to stay alive. :p

We may be crazy, but we're not going to torture an enemy's high ranking commanders!?

That means you can do it to my fine officers :'(

Valdiu
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Valdiu » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:37 pm

Lol, we don't waterboard officers, only terrorists. We're like America but with less obesity. And Republicans.
[Mobilization Underway]
The Republic of Valdiu

-

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:40 pm

I didn't expect peace talks this quickly, but we'll be accepting them after the chemical attacks.

What are y'all plans?

Valdiu
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Valdiu » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:44 pm

Well, first of all, PUT OUR BATTLESHIPS BACK TOGETHER. :p
[Mobilization Underway]
The Republic of Valdiu

-

Holy Empire of Moltavia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Moltavia » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:28 pm

In in 25km of Dchechnia. Well in the range of medium range anti ship missiles and definitely in the range of any sort of cruise missile. I see no problem in my posts

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Holy Empire of Moltavia wrote:In in 25km of Dchechnia. Well in the range of medium range anti ship missiles and definitely in the range of any sort of cruise missile. I see no problem in my posts

Not the 9th fleet one?

Holy Empire of Moltavia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Moltavia » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:55 pm

My 9th fleet is in 25km of Dcechnia, plus I'm attacking your ships not chem weapons

Valdiu
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Valdiu » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:00 pm

So are you gonna RP the heli ride or do I have to?
[Mobilization Underway]
The Republic of Valdiu

-

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Valdiu wrote:So are you gonna RP the heli ride or do I have to?

You can RP the heli ride.

Though, the 9th fleet wouldn't be that close according to your previous posts but it doesn't really matter now that there'll be peace talks.

Magnus Alexandria
Attaché

Founded: May 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Magnus Alexandria » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:03 am

Letting you guys know, in support of Nicaro I will also be bringing in chemical weapons, mostly Sarin, which I will explain in my next post. Nicaro, we need to start an offensive to push the coalition off the beaches.
Under which institutions and which men have the Italian republics shone? Which which sovereigns have Spain, France and Germany constituted their power? Under Leon X, Jules II, Philippe II, Barberousse, Louis XIV and Napoleon -- all heavy-handed men, and more often poised upon the hilts of their swords than on the charters of their states - Niccolo Machiavelli

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? It may be answered that one should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, is much safer to be feared than loved, when, of the two, either must be dispensed with. - Niccolo Machiavelli

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents