NATION

PASSWORD

Second Dhechian War (OCC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Empire of Moltavia
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Moltavia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:12 pm

No they can be destroyed and in RL they are much to complex and unreliable for the usage my nation maintains. However all I said was torpedoes couldn't hit them. And it is true they're not in the water depending on wingspan they can be upto 50m above the water. A missile will take out a flarecraft, but launching missiles against a convoy of flarecraft while under water will use a tremendous amount of your subs air. Wing in ground effects advantage far outweigh any disadvantages IMO.

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:20 pm

Holy Empire of Moltavia wrote:No they can be destroyed and in RL they are much to complex and unreliable for the usage my nation maintains. However all I said was torpedoes couldn't hit them. And it is true they're not in the water depending on wingspan they can be upto 50m above the water. A missile will take out a flarecraft, but launching missiles against a convoy of flarecraft while under water will use a tremendous amount of your subs air. Wing in ground effects advantage far outweigh any disadvantages IMO.

Well that's your choice, I can't control your actions xP

Emmerian Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Emmerian Republic » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Holy Empire of Moltavia wrote:Nicaro this was supposed to be a small rebel revolution not a nuclear biological chemical weapons holocaust. It's getting out hand and a little unbelievable that you can spare submarines to interdict shipping lanes when your facing something like four nations fleets

He's right, chemical weapons are considered WMDS and That last post about one hundred subs attacking ship lanes was god modding and you can't possibly Attack so many lanes. Regardless if there not, then your people are freakin stupid to mess with WMDs
The Union of the Emmerian Republic

DEFCON LVL

5 [4] 3 2 1

Active Emmerian military personnel: 10,421,707

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:42 pm

Emmerian Republic wrote:
Holy Empire of Moltavia wrote:Nicaro this was supposed to be a small rebel revolution not a nuclear biological chemical weapons holocaust. It's getting out hand and a little unbelievable that you can spare submarines to interdict shipping lanes when your facing something like four nations fleets

He's right, chemical weapons are considered WMDS and That last post about one hundred subs attacking ship lanes was god modding and you can't possibly Attack so many lanes. Regardless if there not, then your people are freakin stupid to mess with WMDs

Hmm o.0

You don't have to RP them arriving there just yet, but there's 100 submarines dispersed amongst every nation (so I guess that's like 20 per ship) and that's /really/ not that many. The main point is just to make it more expensive to do business with you, not sink tonnage. How was I godmodding?

Emmerian Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Emmerian Republic » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:49 pm

Nicaro wrote:
Emmerian Republic wrote:He's right, chemical weapons are considered WMDS and That last post about one hundred subs attacking ship lanes was god modding and you can't possibly Attack so many lanes. Regardless if there not, then your people are freakin stupid to mess with WMDs

Hmm o.0

You don't have to RP them arriving there just yet, but there's 100 submarines dispersed amongst every nation (so I guess that's like 20 per ship) and that's /really/ not that many. The main point is just to make it more expensive to do business with you, not sink tonnage. How was I godmodding?

You're facing at least 4-6 nations siding with at least more than 50 shipping lanes, can't handle all of them
Last edited by Emmerian Republic on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DEFCON LVL

5 [4] 3 2 1

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:19 am

Emmerian Republic wrote:
Nicaro wrote:
Hmm o.0

You're facing at least 4-6 nations siding with at least more than 50 shipping lanes, can't handle all of them

Lol.

Yes, I can.

I'm not claiming to be capable of sinking millions in tonnage, all I want is to be dealing with your countries to be more expensive. Losing one extra ship out of a hundred creates a pretty big increase in insurance costs, which is pegged to the value of the goods insured. Meaning I can hit the jack pot and knock out a high value transport or I can hit something like a cotton-laden ship.

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:50 am

NK is going to knock everyone's satellites o.0

Sweet :D

Emmerian Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Emmerian Republic » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:05 am

:eyebrow:
Nicaro wrote:
Emmerian Republic wrote:You're facing at least 4-6 nations siding with at least more than 50 shipping lanes, can't handle all of them

Lol.

Yes, I can.

I'm not claiming to be capable of sinking millions in tonnage, all I want is to be dealing with your countries to be more expensive. Losing one extra ship out of a hundred creates a pretty big increase in insurance costs, which is pegged to the value of the goods insured. Meaning I can hit the jack pot and knock out a high value transport or I can hit something like a cotton-laden ship.

:eyebrow: No Offensive, but You need to rethink about your strategy because expanding your fleet across six nations to attack ship lanes means your vulnerabel for an invasion you know despite ground forces in the mainland and you've been abusing too much use of WMDs

DEFCON LVL

5 [4] 3 2 1

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:45 am

Emmerian Republic wrote::eyebrow:
Nicaro wrote:
Lol.

Yes, I can.

:eyebrow: No Offensive, but You need to rethink about your strategy because expanding your fleet across six nations to attack ship lanes means your vulnerabel for an invasion you know despite ground forces in the mainland and you've been abusing too much use of WMDs

ICly I am going to re-think it actually but that's besides the point.

The only real cost will be attritional, actually deploying them isn't a problem.

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:18 pm

I'm just waiting for whoever is on the beach to respond by surrendering or the chemical attacks. I believe, could be wrong, that that's Roma, emm, and moltavia??

Valdiu
Minister

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valdiu » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:46 pm

Nicaro wrote:I'm just waiting for whoever is on the beach to respond by surrendering or the chemical attacks. I believe, could be wrong, that that's Roma, emm, and moltavia??

Do you have sentries posted aboard my ships, or just have them anchored and under watch?
| [0] | [1] | [2] | [3] | [4] | [5] | [6] | [7] |
[Mobilization Underway]
Population: 32,263,671
Military size: ~350,000, T3R: 2.7/1
The Republic of Valdiu
16-year old and social democrat
Jazz trombonist, cynic and student journalist
I enjoy CS:GO.
I hate the idea that someone out there hates me. I even hate that Al-Qaeda hates me. I think if they got to know me they wouldn’t hate me.

President Alexander Sterling | Vice President Aaron Victoria | Director of Foreign Affairs Mitchell Thromright

-
Currently Playing | Mr. Rogers 2020

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:55 pm

Nicaro wrote:I'm just waiting for whoever is on the beach to respond by surrendering or the chemical attacks. I believe, could be wrong, that that's Roma, emm, and moltavia??

Yeah, and I have an air strike commencing on your position as a last ditch attempt to prevent the strike
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Valdiu wrote:

Do you have sentries posted aboard my ships, or just have them anchored and under watch?

I'd have sentries, and I'd likely transfer a lot of your men to a handful of ships that your commanding officer demanded he contain captaincy over, out of courtesy. There would be sentries too, but the Valduan to sentry ratio would be laughable, since we're expecting it to be orderly and to deport you and your disarmed and salvaged ships back to your home country. I *intended* to use your vessels' ECM systems to mimic and jam the enemy while I run them with skeleton crews but I'm pretty sure I forgot to put that :'( Oh well, that's what I get for not putting up an outline xP

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:09 pm

New Roma Republic wrote:

Yeah, and I have an air strike commencing on your position as a last ditch attempt to prevent the strike

Gotcha. You have a ground/sea based attack?

I'll be sure to put that in, but should I assume you have *not* surrendered?

Emmerian Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Emmerian Republic » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:11 pm

Nicaro wrote:
New Roma Republic wrote:Yeah, and I have an air strike commencing on your position as a last ditch attempt to prevent the strike

Nope, he hasn't and for the record, MY fleet was engaging yours over the past 36 hours

DEFCON LVL

5 [4] 3 2 1

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:14 pm

Emmerian Republic wrote:
Nicaro wrote:

Nope, he hasn't and for the record, MY fleet was engaging yours over the past 36 hours

36 o.0 I didn't think I was engaging anyone up until two hours ago. ICly the time is moving suppppeerr slow. Where is your fleet and seaborne aircraft please? (So you don't have men at the beaches?)

Emmerian Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Emmerian Republic » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Nicaro wrote:
Emmerian Republic wrote:Nope, he hasn't and for the record, MY fleet was engaging yours over the past 36 hours

36 o.0 I didn't think I was engaging anyone up until two hours ago. ICly the time is moving suppppeerr slow. Where is your fleet and seaborne aircraft please? (So you don't have men at the beaches?)

Nope, no boots on the ground, just immense naval and air power over Dhechia and the air force have reinforced the strike group in the west coast, prepared to commence assault at the port of Tonzy, Didn't you ever read my rps

DEFCON LVL

5 [4] 3 2 1

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:22 pm

Emmerian Republic wrote:
Nicaro wrote:

Nope, no boots on the ground, just immense naval and air power over Dhechia and the air force have reinforced the strike group in the west coast, prepared to commence assault at the port of Tonzy, Didn't you ever read my rps

I did, but I don't really remember the numbers unfortunately. Got other stuff IRL besides this RP, which I enjoy very much. But would be so kind as to give me a truncated version of your deployment/use of air and sea power please?

Valdiu
Minister

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valdiu » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:00 pm

Nicaro wrote:
Valdiu wrote:Do you have sentries posted aboard my ships, or just have them anchored and under watch?

I'd have sentries, and I'd likely transfer a lot of your men to a handful of ships that your commanding officer demanded he contain captaincy over, out of courtesy. There would be sentries too, but the Valduan to sentry ratio would be laughable, since we're expecting it to be orderly and to deport you and your disarmed and salvaged ships back to your home country. I *intended* to use your vessels' ECM systems to mimic and jam the enemy while I run them with skeleton crews but I'm pretty sure I forgot to put that :'( Oh well, that's what I get for not putting up an outline xP

Well, seeing as how you haven't mentioned my fleet since its surrender, I'm guessing that nothing's happened yet.
| [0] | [1] | [2] | [3] | [4] | [5] | [6] | [7] |
[Mobilization Underway]
Population: 32,263,671
Military size: ~350,000, T3R: 2.7/1
The Republic of Valdiu
16-year old and social democrat
Jazz trombonist, cynic and student journalist
I enjoy CS:GO.
I hate the idea that someone out there hates me. I even hate that Al-Qaeda hates me. I think if they got to know me they wouldn’t hate me.

President Alexander Sterling | Vice President Aaron Victoria | Director of Foreign Affairs Mitchell Thromright

-
Currently Playing | Mr. Rogers 2020

Holy Empire of Moltavia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Moltavia » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:59 pm

Nicaro stop using chemical weapon as some instant win button. They're are big logistical and safety precautions involved with moving and implementing chemical weapons. RP properly instead of saying "ill white phosphorus you then gas you" its not that simple.

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:03 pm

Valdiu wrote:
Nicaro wrote:

Well, seeing as how you haven't mentioned my fleet since its surrender, I'm guessing that nothing's happened yet.

Well I forgot, can't blame anyone else for that. But I'd post sentries, if your fleet was a far away as Korongo's it would take hours but by helicopter it's not a long trip. But however you want to go, I'm just waiting on the beach uodates

"They're are big logistical and safety precautions involved with moving and implementing chemical weapons. RP properly instead of saying "ill white phosphorus you then gas you" its not that simple."

My nation regularly uses chemical weapons, we use them to flush out rebels mainly (as I mentioned) and there's no chemical capabilities on the land yet. The marines don't have them, the paratroopers don't have them, the rebels don't have them, they're limited to the chemical stores aboard the fleet itself. That's why the artillery strike didn't work (and since most of my deployed onto the ground from ships art is both small in number and MLRSs) to stop a chemical attack.

And, in my opinion, chemicals weapons are kind of an insta-win if you're on an isolated beach, with many of your troops without even NBC suits. Like I said in my post, this chemical strike is more of a first time use benefit thing. It's effectiveness drops greatly after the first use or so.
Last edited by Nicaro on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marquesse
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Marquesse » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:18 pm

ignore
Last edited by Marquesse on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Holy Empire of Moltavia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Moltavia » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:20 pm

Okay is see what you're doing now, that's realistic. I simply thought all of you're formations were equipped with chemical weapons. My bad sorry, this is turning into a really good RP

Sorry for above post that's my puppet forgot I was using it

Nicaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nicaro » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:29 pm

Holy Empire of Moltavia wrote:Okay is see what you're doing now, that's realistic. I simply thought all of you're formations were equipped with chemical weapons. My bad sorry, this is turning into a really good RP

Sorry for above post that's my puppet forgot I was using it

No prob. Questions are good, they clear everything up for everybody :D

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:47 am

Nicaro wrote:
New Roma Republic wrote:Yeah, and I have an air strike commencing on your position as a last ditch attempt to prevent the strike

I actually have 2 attacks. 1 is ground and that is targeting your lines to try to destroy any chemical weapons. The sea based one is going after your fleet.

And yes, I have not surrendered. "Today is a good day to die!"
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents