NATION

PASSWORD

A Most Wonderful Intrusion (PMT/FT, CLOSED, INVITE ONLY)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Second Brotherhood of Planets
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:-Chaos are Here, and they are neither Plague Bearers Nor Thousand Sons (who have an agreement with the Shadows) The Word Bearers are, ironically, independent-

Pride of Z'Ha'Dum

The bridge crew cursed, and their clicks echoed loudly throughout the halls of their ship. The Shadows had given council and even violent aid to the followers of Tzeentch and Nurgle, having even spoken to both Gods themselves, and were frequently treated as Battle Brothers, but they neither had nor wanted any favor with Slannesh and were even despised by Khorne for their "sneakiness." They had sensed the presence of the God of Changes, but it was an incomplete sense, like a faint smell that comes before one realizes what is really behind a door.

Chaos Undivided had no such agreement with the Shadows, but they hoped that they could leave here unmolested.

The Shadow Elder hailed Lord Alphonsus Trask:

"Hear me, Champion of Freedom! I am (Untranslatable), Chief Elder of the Shadow Confederation! In the Battles of Alpha Reynet and Gamma Opuluchi we Shadows recently aided the Thousand Sons and the Death Guard in their conquests, and we have been of aid to both of them for centuries. The Changer of Ways Himself endorses our efforts! An attack upon this vessel is an attack upon the entire Confederation, and we have no intention of disregarding such a trespass. We know that the Shadows have not spoken to the Word Bearers for some time. We know that there are those among you who may even find us... Upsetting... But we have no quarrel with you today. We are leaving now, do not pursue or such an act would be like pouring bleach on the Garden of the Plague Father, like sending legions of Cleansing Exarchs to undo His precious work. Such an act would be a clear disregard of the previous endorsements by the Changer of Ways and the Lord of Decay!"

The Shadow vessel, knowing that it would otherwise be heavily outnumbered, began slowly backing away from the Chaos spawns that leaked out of the Warp, it quickly hailed the Arilou as well.

"Arilou, we can leave the Orz trapped here along with the Younger Races. This situation is most dire, and unlike us you have no relations with Chaos itself. I am unaware of any conflict between the Arilou and the Chaos Gods, and Tzeentch has spoken well of your strategies, so He may advise them not to strike you. We have news to tell you, and a proposal to make, and we cannot do this if our messengers are dead. Let us withdraw to another system together: the Orz have lost today. There will be no *special sauce* for them after Chaos has consumed the planet. Demonstrate your wisdom now and do what must be done. It is a cruel twist of fate, but neither of us have any choices left."

There was a chuckle from the Communications Officer of the White Star of Judgment.

"The Shadows must have grown soft then, if they are to flee so readily. We will not engage Chaos, as you have stated we have no quarrel with Chaos, but you are right in that the Orz have lost. Instead, we will stand aside, and watch what happens. Are you going to run away?"

The Shadow vessel proceed to come alongside the Arilou Dreadnought.

"We would advise you to keep your eyes open, then, and the Orz are not dead yet. We still suggest that your charge your engines and prepare to leave. The show will not be pleasant."

----------------

Orz *Squisher*

The remaining tentacles on the Orz Dreadnought suddenly lashed out towards the Forces of Chaos.

The Orz sent a transmission, as though taunting them with their last breaths.

"*Happy Day!* More *sauce* for Orz is here! *Crazy Cows* are to make good *sauce*, I am realizing! *Dark Babies* and *Quick Babies* are no fun. They are too hard to *squish*. They *dance* *elegantly*. Can *Crazy Cows* dance so *elegantly?* Orz are not thinking so. Don't *move* and *dance* slowly, *bubbles!* Orz are needing *sauce*! That is a good plan!"

A couple of tentacles hurled themselves towards the World Tearer, and two of them managed to strike true. Orz individuals began pouring into the horrifying caverns of the tainted ship, and non-euclidean nightmares battled for supremacy on that Cegorach-Forsaken hulk!

----------

In low Orbit around the homeworld of Maximus Victor

Autarch Har'dasi had not utilized telepathy in some time, yet he forced himself to send a thought to Farseer N'yarath while hurling his Phoenix fighter above the allied ground forces.

"Exalted Farseer, I am Autarch Har'dasi of Saim-Hann, the Seekers of Enlightenment. This situation is most dire, and though I came personally to decorate my Chainsabre with Orz blood, the arrival of The Great Enemy spells doom for all the Eldar here. I do not want to see any of our brethren fall before She Who Thirsts. Farseer, I understand that the arrival of Mon'Keigh transports may be unsettling for our people, but I will endorse their effectiveness. The gates seem to be closing, and my men will help you evacuate this world. Other Comrades are sending reinforcements to help evacuate the humans as well. We must leave, quickly, before the Warp Storm consumes us all!"

Owl and Albatross Transports hurled themselves towards the cities of Maximus Victor and the various encampments of the allied forces. Like the Czechanadan exodus in the recent past, the Brotherhood hoped to coordinate the evacuation of an ally to safer pastures. It was not their intention to deal with both the Orz and the Forces of Chaos.

Reinforcements from distant stars were coming, but would they arrive in time?
Last edited by The Second Brotherhood of Planets on Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Horace Walpole: "The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel."

Member of the LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES!

NS Stats are mostly acknowledged here, but multiply NS pop by 5 to get State Approved total!

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Intergalactic Bulletin:  Alt Human Homeland rediscovered and reclaimed.  Locals 'uplifted' in response to paranormal activity.  Brotherhood delegation invited to mysterious assembly, Mmrnmhrm deployed. More to Follow...

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Founded: Sep 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:17 pm

--Imperopolis, The Void Throne--

*Emperor Maximus Victor I stands before his throne now girded in his personal power armor, the pinnacle of Victorian technology and consecrated by the powers of the Void. Standing in what reminisced of the medieval style of armor worn by humans in a place far removed from this, his helmet had melded to it the dark Void Crown which suitably adapted to the attire of its master. The Void itself manifested through the shaped ebony which had been reinforced by the top metallurgists. His expression was completely hidden now, nothing betrayed the calm and calculating posture that stood viewing the screens and the encroaching enemies mixed with allies. The Emperor seemed to have recovered a great deal of composure that had been lost earlier in the battle, a startling feat for those who had witnessed the transmissions or been in his presence as nothing was known to shake their almost godlike leader.*

"We are confident in Our new plan. The Dread Father has made all clear to Us, the forces of Chaos will not triumph this day. These pawns of the ruinous powers do not understand Maximus Victor. We are embarrassed to say We were caught off guard amongst the heat of the battle. We should not have stretched Ourselves so thin as to open Ourselves to the communication of Chaos Undivided. We will teach these spawn of the Immaterium that the Void consumes all. Silencer?"

*From the shadows at the periphery the most veteran of the Silencers slid forward and fell prostrate before the Emperor.*

"We must evacuate the surface. Reroute all of Our forces to the Imperopolis Underground, the ancient citadel of Our kind. The true capital...take no chances though. Activate the automated defenses immediately in the citadel along with the adjacent tunnels and caves, We want them all under constant surveillance. Send the word out to all of the troops on the surface and the refuges of Our civilian population. We want only the advanced units surrounding the alien entryway to the planet to remain in place. We will also need to speak to the High Command directly, have the HQ moved to the main Shrine of the citadel. Make great haste."

*As the Silencers raced off to transmit the orders through the appropriate channels the Emperor fingered the hilt of his technologically advanced melee weapon. A sword forged by the same material that composed his armor, passed down through the generations of Listeners, albeit heavily modified as time passed. With a last glance around the room he did not know if he would see again, he moved determinedly from the Void Throne and was immediately flanked by his Royal Guard, the fiercest of his soldiers. From his sides to the long line behind him the group made their way through the passages of the palace towards their final destination.*

--Imperopolis Underground, home to the Ancient Citadel--

*Captain Linus Marconius, lauded veteran appointed to the most prestigious of positions for retirement, the Guard of the Citadel, viewed the incoming orders with a mixture of shock and excitement. Victorians in the military spent their entire lives in combat, and many found the embrace of death via old age as an ignoble end. A death in defense of the oldest of structures in Maximus Victor however, this was a death that few achieved. His retinue and garrison were not large, however they were provided with lucrative funding and the best of technicians to ensure this structure would never find itself simply a historical landmark. This was by far the safest place on the planet, and large enough to contain the entire population of Maximus Victor so long as the tunnels and adjacent caves were adequately defended. Captain Marconius would ensure that this stayed true.*

"We have just received word from the surface all defenses are to be activated, be prepared to make way only for troops who relay the correct signal! Muster the guard, make ready for the arrival of the Emperor!"

"Captain, the first group of refugees is approaching!"

"Ensure their passage occurs unscathed, I want our garrison shepherding them here themselves!"

--Aboard the World Tearer--

*Lord Alphonsus Trask met the response of the Shadows with a cool acceptance that was uncharacteristic of those who had devoted themselves fully to one aspect of Chaos. To a Lord of Chaos Undivided though, rarely did the blood lust that ran unchecked in so many of his brethren cloud his judgment. Lord Trask had earned much of his favor with the Dark Gods by his expert stratagems which had been a plague on worlds in the Imperium's furthest stretches. Lord Trask had fought his own delusional brethren in the Imperium, Eldar, Orks, Necrons, Tau, and even other factions of Chaos. He was an experienced soldier, and he knew far too little of the power of these unidentified aliens. He was confident that their words held no mistruth, the Lord of Change had no doubt involved himself in the affairs of ones such as these, and Lord Trask made it a priority to offend NONE of the Dark Gods, lest he lose his balance and descend into the madness that consumed lesser champions.*

"Chief Elder, we never seek to impede the actions of the Changer of Ways, and if it is His will that you depart from this system this day, we encourage you to do so, we will not stop you. Of course you should know our actions are demanded by the Dark Gods themselves in unanimous support and I'm sure your participation would be richly rewarded...as it stands, our quarrel is not with you."

*One of the Chaos Champions dared approached Lord Trask*

"My Lord, what of the other group of aliens? Shall we attack the unidentified ship near these Shadows!"

"Stay your hand. The Dark Gods speak clearly now, we are here for the planet. Only those who impede us will be slaughtered this day. Take heart though Champion, Slaneesh has promised rich reward for the souls of any Eldar, and the system is rife with them. Sate your bloodlust, but only in the advance of Chaos. Remain wary young one, or you may yet serve me as a Chaos spawn instead of one day commanding your own forces."

*Inside Lord Trask's mind he heard the urgent cry of one of his Sorcerors*

"My Lord, the alien filth has ensnared our vessel and begun the slaughter of cultists!"

"Is that fear I sense in your voice? Let them come. And send word to the others, this system is ripe for the taking!"

*With that Lord Trask set about to the defense of his ship. Leading the charge of his veteran space marines into the most open areas of the ship where they were able to cut down Orz from a distance. In the narrower corridors the Orz would find new horrors, or to creature such as the Orz perhaps better named 'surprises' as Chaos spawn leapt around wildly mauling the Orz in any way they could, and the Orz would find that the deaths of others did little to deter their devolved kin from jumping quickly into the fray behind them.*

"You come here to your doom, Orz. Do you think you can stand against the power of Chaos Undivided?"

--From the basecamp surrounding the Webway gates--

*Farseer N'yarath had more time then he had initially expected. The random hand of the Orz was to credit for this no doubt. His own kin had been able to establish defenses lines and his Warp Spiders moved with range to launch quick raid upon the enemy forces should they come forth. As the Victorians began to arrive behind in droves he felt uneasy. The Mon-Keigh were far to easily influenced by the powers of the warp, a symptom of their youth. He was very much a sympathizer, and his hailing by the Autarch Har'dasi was reassuring, but he would be unable to comply.*

"Autarch Har'dasi, I am pleased to feel your presence. I cannot express to you my personal longing to meet a brother Eldar not of Alinor, but my path is set. The future, though misted, is not set for this planet. I am sure your aid, and the aid of your allies would be most welcome by Farseer Maximo who is even now urging me to accept your offer and save the lives of these men. I am driven by fate though...I cannot retreat. We must hold back the assault of Chaos. We do not have the capability of destroying this great gate in time and so I will not waste our energies on such an endeavor. We will hold, I encourage you to save your own men, I do not ask for support, for I have no that authority at this time. I will tell you that I see a brighter future for these Mon-Keigh then I do for myself and I cannot in good conscience abandon them to the manipulation of the ruinous powers though I should forfeit my life. In another path I walked the way of a Phoenix before I became lost on the path of the Seer. This is mostly lost to me now...and yet I feel impelled to charge into this battle in the defense of the untainted. The memory of the Eldar is grand indeed, but without right action is it not merely the remainder of a light long since blown out? No...we will burn bright today, and the darker our foes the lighter we shall be in contrast."

*With that the Farseer readied himself for what he believed would be his end. He had foreseen that he would die on a planet he knew not, against an unnamed foe. Oh how misleading foresight proved itself only to those who possessed it. Fate was set and yet his knowledge of it was perhaps not so clear as those under him would like to believe.*

"Exalted Farseer?"

"Yes Harlequin?"

"I have just been told that at our hidden encampment the exarchs have begun their chanting, the Prince has entered the chamber."

"We will show these abominations that Chaos will in fact be denied."

--Craftworld Alinor--

*As the Craftworld moved around the far side of the planet closer to the edges of the system, the exits were increasing distant. Any further movement would be coming into too close of range to the Chaos, Orz, Shadows, or Arliou, and that would not be wise. Chief Farseer Maximo was not pleased by the actions of his Farseer on the surface. And yet he was intrigued by the words of his brother. While the speeches and rhetoric of the younger races would find the emotions of an Eldar hard to reach, their defenses were somewhat lowered for their own kind. Their susceptibility to emotion is what led to the Great Fall, and he could not help but feel his heartstrings tugged at the plight of his brave Farseer. Their defense seemed futile, under the Farseer understood they were invoking an Avatar of Khaine, something that Alinor had not enacted for some time as the ritual was only for the more dire of situations.*

"If preservation is all you seek Farseer, it is all you will ever attain."

*The voice of a particularly loved one speaking to him from the Infinity Circuit was almost too much for him to bear.*

"Chaos is the bastard child of Eldar and man, coming to bring us judgment for the crimes of our race. I do not know that the Great Enemy can be defeated, it burns in the hearts of so many men...I seek only to save our kind from it."

"Your kind stand alone waiting for the horrors to descend upon them."

"That is their choice."

"And what is yours? You who have led Alinor for millennia, and you have saved much these is great honor in this. You must consider the dangers of detachment as much as the security of it. The triumph of the Eldar will be a cold thing indeed if their are none alive to appreciate it. I encourage you to show the greatness of our race, consider this Farseer Maximo...for our past history if nothing else."

*As the silence resumed Farseer Maximo surrendered to the guided hand of fate.*

"Bring us up to "The Gauntlet of the Phoenix King", we may have need of our concentrated forces soon. Convene the Seer Council..."

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:53 pm

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:--certain parts are snipped accordingly--

"Chief Elder, we never seek to impede the actions of the Changer of Ways, and if it is His will that you depart from this system this day, we encourage you to do so, we will not stop you. Of course you should know our actions are demanded by the Dark Gods themselves in unanimous support and I'm sure your participation would be richly rewarded...as it stands, our quarrel is not with you."

*One of the Chaos Champions dared approached Lord Trask*

"My Lord, what of the other group of aliens? Shall we attack the unidentified ship near these Shadows!"

"Stay your hand. The Dark Gods speak clearly now, we are here for the planet. Only those who impede us will be slaughtered this day. Take heart though Champion, Slaneesh has promised rich reward for the souls of any Eldar, and the system is rife with them. Sate your bloodlust, but only in the advance of Chaos..."

Pride of Z'ha'dum

"Chief Elder, you heard the Chaos Lord's statements. They will no doubt overwhelm these Young Ones. If we do not join them, would that be a proper way to demonstrate our way? These Young Ones have lived on their world for centuries. They are ignorant of the greater affairs of the galaxy and that makes them weak. Furthermore, they are assisted by none other than the Eldar themselves, a race who represents prideful folly to the core. The Eldar lost their place among First Ones, and if we help Chaos conquer this world we may gain favors from more than just The Sly One and The Plague Father. If The Blood God himself finally ceases hostilities towards the Shadows, imagine what we would be able to accomplish! Tredecillions of Young Ones will face endless trials and will be inspired to Grow Strong or Die. Would that not be the ultimate tribute to our Way? Perhaps we could even make those fools the Vorlons themselves tremble when Chaos Undivided itself stands with us!"

As the younger Leader spoke, the Chief Elder clicked slowly, uncomfortably, as though he had to endure some great weight.

"You make too many assumptions, Leader, and your hollow words will be worthless without deeds. Have you not remembered what happens when First Ones underestimate the Young Ones? You yourself are not so *aged*, you have only seen four millennia. And it seems to me that all those years have not brought you much wisdom."

"You wound me, Chief Elder, but this is my ship to lead. I fought many battles in the Confederation's name, the least it could do was give me such a magnificent ship. If you feel that the message and treaty with the Arilou is so important, then you can go talk with them. The Orz will perish today, and they will go hungry. The Young Ones will face the ultimate test today, and the outcome will demonstrate the correctness of our Way. I stand with Chaos on behalf of the Way. I do not know where you stand, Elder."

There was clicking across the ship as those who supported the Elders and those who supported the ship's Leader quarreled, but the Elder bade them silent.

"Very well, Leader. Allow me to depart for the Arilou vessel. I will continue our original mission while you do what you think is necessary. I will do what is best for the Confederation and its future, while you can do whatever you want with your ship. Is that acceptable?"

"Quite." The Leader clicked at a more amiable speed. "Go on then, Elder. May you stay strong."

Notably, the Elder did not express the standard wish that his younger colleague 'grow strong.' He simply made a polite gesture and scuttled for the shuttles of the Shadow Battleship.

Moments later, a small group of shuttles and escorting fighters left the Battleship, and were accepted into the Arilou's hangar.

The Leader felt joy when he saw them go, and was quick to leave Lord Trask with an audio transmission:

"There has been a Change of plans, Champion of Freedom. I am Q'walikiss, Leader of the Battleship Pride of Z'ha'dum. Perhaps together we can ensure that any Nurglites among your forces can spread The Plague Father's gifts and nourish the soils of this world once it has fallen to Chaos. The Changer of Ways can rejoice: the Shadows will help spread His vision among these wretched Young fools!"

White Star of Judgment

For the first time in seven centuries, Arilou and Shadow met face to face.

"It is with great embarrassment that I stand in the halls of your ship, Arilou. I did not wish to intrude upon your *space*."

"Nonsense. You have been of assistance against *Them*. It is most fitting that we meet in person even if *They* are not gone yet."

"The news I spoke of regards *Them*, but it also regards *The Tyrants*."

The Arilou crew laughed among themselves. "Of course the Shadows would contact the Arilou regarding the affairs of the Vorlons. Yes, they have been attempting to force various Youth to obey their edicts, but what does that have to do with us?"

The Shadow Elder nodded politely. "There is much you need to know before you keep laughing, but this is a bad place to share information, no?"

The Arilou grimaced as the bridge crew and gunners continued to make their reports. "You may be right about that, Shadow. Perhaps it is not wise for us to remain here."

"We should leave, Arilou, but do not worry. There is no need to go to Z'ha'dum. Your *house* will be fine. The *original contract* still stands."

"If you imply that the Metrons or others are involved, I may let you out the airlock, Shadow, but leaving for greener pastures is a good idea. Helmsmen, let us leave this system now!"

And thus the Arilou Dreadnought suddenly disappeared, while the various Arilou ships, except for the small, mysterious Scout Ship Arali'Araleloli, made a synchronized jump out of the system.

-------------------

BPS Llanvabon

During the short lull, Commissar P'linen of the Sunrider quickly transferred herself to the Llanvabon. and was swiftly welcomed on the bridge. As usual, she immediately began dispensing advice.

"Captain, you should call our transports back. The Victorians will not enter the transports, and neither will the Eldar of Alinor. General Har'dasi has declared that he will lead our forces to assist the Eldar in their efforts, but our transports would be sitting ducks."

"My thoughts exactly, Commissar." Goodwinson smiled. "But do not forget how our ranking system works. I am still in command of this task force, and I order General Har'dasi to withdraw as well."

"I'm sorry, Captain, but he will not."

"Commissar, I hold the rank of Senior Captain, and while I share the same pay-grade as Brigadier General Har'dasi circumstances dictate that Stellar Navy officers hold tenure over Army commanders. Tell him to withdraw, now!"

"In that case, Captain, I am not a Commissar, and you should refer to him as Autarch Har'dasi." P'linen took her Commissar hat and threw it on the ground, while she tightened her grip on her witchblade. "I'm sorry, but I must take command of this ship."

Before VX or any of Goodwinson's bridge crew could react, the communications officer immediately informed the ship of the changes of command, and that any Bro crewman or woman, not necessarily Eldar, would be rewarded if they joined the Farseer's efforts. The Communications Officer was an Androsynth like First Officer VX-143, which certainly helped mutinous efforts.

Goodwinson's eyes widened. "P'linen, you know what this means, right?"

"Priscilla, I had a vision of what would happen here, and I don't want to see our Comrades fight for something that does not concern them. If they want to join me with their hearts and souls, I will gladly continue to stand shoulder to shoulder with them, but I sense that many of your crewmates do not share those sentiments."

As if on cue, several Saim-Hann Warp Spiders teleported into the room.

"Priscilla, I have ordered my brethren on the Sunrider to go to the Llanvabon. As our "fleet"'s only Seedship it is responsible for the Brotherhood's future. You should guide as many people to the Sunrider as you can."

"P'linen, why?"

The Farseer shook her head. "Perhaps Linnovian or another will explain what happened today, but we have too little time. Go, Priscilla, and may fortune smile upon you! I regret that our service together was so short lived."

Sr. Cpt. Priscilla Goodwinson, VX-143, and much of the Llanvabon's original crew departed on various shuttles, and soon the Sundider's ranks swelled with loyalist Bro forces. The Sunrider was then ordered to leave the system, while the rest of the Llanvabon's remaining escorts took position alongside the Dreadnought. As BPS Sunrider jumped into Hyperspace, P'linen made her move.

"Brothers and Sisters of Light and Song, and all those who have chosen to stand with us, the time has come to face The Great Enemy and She Who Thirsts! We will stand with our Kin in Alinor, and more of our Brethren from the Craftworld are coming! We will send reinforcements to Autarch Har'dasi immediately as he joins Farseer N'yarath of Alinor in battle!"

--------------

On the Planet's Surface

Anti-aircraft fire from the forces of the damned forced Har'dasi's fighter to land, but the Autarch was not dismayed. Soon he reached N'yarath's encampment.

"Exalted Farseer, reinforcements from my Craftworld and our allies are coming. But in the interim you have an Autarch at your disposal. My blade is yours." Har'dasi bowed slightly as more drop pods came falling from the sky.

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:*Inside Lord Trask's mind he heard the urgent cry of one of his Sorcerors*

"My Lord, the alien filth has ensnared our vessel and begun the slaughter of cultists!"

"Is that fear I sense in your voice? Let them come. And send word to the others, this system is ripe for the taking!"

*With that Lord Trask set about to the defense of his ship. Leading the charge of his veteran space marines into the most open areas of the ship where they were able to cut down Orz from a distance. In the narrower corridors the Orz would find new horrors, or to creature such as the Orz perhaps better named 'surprises' as Chaos spawn leapt around wildly mauling the Orz in any way they could, and the Orz would find that the deaths of others did little to deter their devolved kin from jumping quickly into the fray behind them.*

"You come here to your doom, Orz. Do you think you can stand against the power of Chaos Undivided?"

"Yes, *Crazy Cows*. And Orz will make *Crazy Cows* into great *sauce*. That is a Good Plan!"

Although nightmarish warriors and spawn of Chaos ripped their bodies to shreds, strangely designed Orz weapons that resembled chainguns and terrifyingly sharp tentacles pierced through various Demon hides and, in some cases, ripped a few smaller spawn and cultists apart. The chainguns continued to fire, killing even the occasional Obliterator as the Orz refused to back down.

OOC: Do not be *silly* enough to think that the Broes have only one Seedship, especially when it is considered the signature Brotherhood vessel, but in what remains of the Llanvabon's task force the Sunrider is the only Seedship left, and it has left.
Last edited by The Second Brotherhood of Planets on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Horace Walpole: "The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel."

NS Stats are mostly acknowledged here, but multiply NS pop by 5 to get State Approved total!

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Intergalactic Bulletin:  Alt Human Homeland rediscovered and reclaimed.  Locals 'uplifted' in response to paranormal activity.  Brotherhood delegation invited to mysterious assembly, Mmrnmhrm deployed. More to Follow...

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:36 pm

*Chaos cultists were being slain as quickly as they moved against the Orz, while Chaos marines, through heavy causalities had managed to hold them in several areas. Their movements were as alien to Chaos as any other non-human species, and to those accustomed to the bending of the laws of physics in the Warp, that was quite a statement. Chaos was not so easily dissuaded however, and soon larger and larger warp spawn were sent against the Orz, while entire squads of Khorne Beserkers ran over their own dead to sate their savage instincts. Lord Trask stood next to Chaos Sorcerer Devonius viewing the intense battle with savage pleasure.*

"Kill or be killed, it is all a service to Chaos! None can stand against the coming darkness!"

*Unleashing his warp powers the sorcerer targeted his doombolt against the Orz who were pummeled by the warp based offensive attack which disrupted as much as it damaged. Lord Trask basked in the power he was being imbued with by the Dark Gods who wanted very much to establish a new bastion in this universe. Looking to his sorcerer he left him in command of the vessel.*

"Finish the reclamation of this ship and then meet me on the surface."

*Lord Trask boarded an individual drop pod and rocketed towards the planet where his marines had already established a perimeter and set up anti-air weaponry. Chaos cultists had begun the work of "encouraging" the heretic builders to erect their foul shrines under the guidance of a lesser sorcerer. Many cultists were being sacrificed as rapidly as they arrived, the ones who survived the drop pod entry, in order to being preparations for the opening of a warp gate. This could take several hours, or perhaps days, there was very little predictability in warp manipulation. They need blood though, and so the forces began to march towards the Eldar camp where the webway was about to be breached. Lord Trask was quick to pursue his troops already advancing before they made contact...*

*Aboard the World Tearer the final cultist was eviscerated by the Sorceror, as the air began to shimmer with the immaterium, the Sorceror cast himself into the void, and offered himself to the disposal of the warp predators in return for their power.*

"Help me to breach their webway, give me the power and I will work your will!"

*The demon spawn eagerly accepted the conduit, and smashed through into the newly constructed webway portal to the planet. The path was made and the sorcerer felt a sure of elation, the last thing he felt before his body felt more and more rushes of warp energy.*

"No....but I...."

*His explosion tore a wider breach into the webway and demon spawn, chaos cultists and marines rushed into the void to appear planetside at the Eldar hq*

--Eldar Line of Defense--

"Autarch Har'dasi, you show great courage and honor. I cannot repay you for your assistance. I hope I have not forced your hand, but the Great Enemy cannot be allowed to take these Mon-Keigh for their banner. I welcome your assistance. Come with me, I will show you the front."

*Moving up behind the entrenched positions made by the troops the line was quiet. Cloaked rangers took up positions surrounding the gates and were ready to reign death on the enemy. Behind the rangers stood the entrenched guardians which made up the bulk of the expeditions numbers. Following the line were the Howling Banshees crouched and ready to pounce after the enemy advanced too far. Making up the final line were the Reaper and Fire Dragons. The Farseer and the Autarch stood amongst the forces.*

"I will leave your command to you, Noble Autarch. You see our plan, we are well entrenched and hope to hold them here. I have a camp for my Warp Spiders stationed not far on the other side of the tree line. I trust in your experience, move your troops where you think you will be best suited. You should know we also have..."

*Farseer N'yarath was interrupted by a shimmering in the webway. As the first cultists charged through, he gave the signal. His rangers opened fire completely unseen and the enemies fell as rapidly as the exited. These troops were disposable though, this was just the first push. More and more cultists rushed and as the guardian squads and rangers fired at them from varying distance the Howling Banshees stood crouched beneath the back lines. Waiting for the exact moment when the cultists numbers began to push far enough to engage the guardians in melee...shriek after shriek of the banshee exarchs who led their forces to defend the guardians from close combat. Their movements were sleek and faster than the cultists could dare match, the piles of the dead began to rise.*

"Fight, my kin! We will triumph this day. We will show them to fear the webway more than they fear the bite of their masters! Resist the ruinous powers with all your might, we will carry this day!"

--The Great Citadel, the surface battlefield--

*Emperor Maximus Victor I stood with his High Command far beneath the surface viewing the beginning of the battle from the vid screens.*

"Inform our troops to engage the enemy in melee. We can trust the Eldar to hold them at range."

*The Victorians on the surface roared in battle cry as their commanders led the firing and advance tactics over the ranked of the Eldar.*

"Come on men, let's show these aliens how it's done."

*Farseer N'yararth grew alarmed.*

"NO! You mustn't underestimate their forces! This is merely the first wave, they are nothing but a probing tendril!!"

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:26 pm

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:--Aboard the World Tearer--

*Chaos cultists were being slain as quickly as they moved against the Orz, while Chaos marines, through heavy causalities had managed to hold them in several areas. Their movements were as alien to Chaos as any other non-human species, and to those accustomed to the bending of the laws of physics in the Warp, that was quite a statement. Chaos was not so easily dissuaded however, and soon larger and larger warp spawn were sent against the Orz, while entire squads of Khorne Beserkers ran over their own dead to sate their savage instincts. Lord Trask stood next to Chaos Sorcerer Devonius viewing the intense battle with savage pleasure.*

"Kill or be killed, it is all a service to Chaos! None can stand against the coming darkness!"

*Unleashing his warp powers the sorcerer targeted his doombolt against the Orz who were pummeled by the warp based offensive attack which disrupted as much as it damaged. Lord Trask basked in the power he was being imbued with by the Dark Gods who wanted very much to establish a new bastion in this universe. Looking to his sorcerer he left him in command of the vessel.*

"Finish the reclamation of this ship and then meet me on the surface."

*Lord Trask boarded an individual drop pod and rocketed towards the planet where his marines had already established a perimeter and set up anti-air weaponry. Chaos cultists had begun the work of "encouraging" the heretic builders to erect their foul shrines under the guidance of a lesser sorcerer. Many cultists were being sacrificed as rapidly as they arrived, the ones who survived the drop pod entry, in order to being preparations for the opening of a warp gate. This could take several hours, or perhaps days, there was very little predictability in warp manipulation. They need blood though, and so the forces began to march towards the Eldar camp where the webway was about to be breached. Lord Trask was quick to pursue his troops already advancing before they made contact...*

*Aboard the World Tearer the final cultist was eviscerated by the Sorceror, as the air began to shimmer with the immaterium, the Sorceror cast himself into the void, and offered himself to the disposal of the warp predators in return for their power.*

"Help me to breach their webway, give me the power and I will work your will!"

*The demon spawn eagerly accepted the conduit, and smashed through into the newly constructed webway portal to the planet. The path was made and the sorcerer felt a sure of elation, the last thing he felt before his body felt more and more rushes of warp energy.*

"No....but I...."

*His explosion tore a wider breach into the webway and demon spawn, chaos cultists and marines rushed into the void to appear planetside at the Eldar hq*

Orz *Squisher*, Main Seating Area

"*Quick Babies* have left, Hap-"

"This is not Happy Day! Orz are losing! *Marines* are being *squished* by *Crazy Cows*, I am realizing. Orz also have *Dark Babies* to *dance* with. *Dark Babies* and *Crazy Cows* are better dancers. *Boss* should be sorry for doubt."

"You are not *Boss*, I am *Boss*! Orz are to have many *special sauce*. *Dark Babies* have stopped *stepping* and are going to *squish* other *cows*, maybe even steal *veal* that Orz could use. *Dark Babies* are not *spitting*, so it is hard to understand them."

"*Squisher* has had many *arms* gone when *dancing* with *Quick Babies* and *Dark Babies*. Orz should go back *home* and *bandage*. It is hard for Orz to *dance* like this. *Silly Cows* are too *silly* to *spit* with, and *Dark Babies* are together with *Crazy Cows* and they are both *elegant* *dancers*. Orz are lost. Orz are *squished* soon."

"No! THAT IS A BAD PLAN! If *Squisher* goes home then *Big Boss* will make me into *special sauce* for all Orz to *enjoy*."

"Orz should be sorry for doubt... Orz need to be leaving! You are not *Boss*, you are trying to *squish* Orz!"

A thousand howls and screeches echoed throughout the ship as Orz fell upon Orz, and the Shadows and Word Bearers watched the enormous, squid-like mass flail about.

The Pride of Z'ha'dum remained calm, firing a few beams to slice off the few tentacles that were still attached to the World Tearer. They proceeded to send another audio transmission:

"Champions of Freedom, we will send reinforcements to the surface now. I do not know if you have spoken to the Thousand Sons or Death Guard, for they are more familiar with us, but if you see several biological figures that are several meters tall and reveal the Terran organism called "Spiders," and these "Spiders" have guns, then you will recognize us. My soldiers would appreciate it if you helped mark us with Nurgle's gifts, as we are currently lacking in effective biological weaponry and the Plague Father's blessed armor is Most Magnificent!"

As the Shadow Battleship took position over the hapless world, their Orz adversaries flailed nearby, as if lamenting the folly and fruitlessness of their efforts.

-------------

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:--Eldar Line of Defense--

"Autarch Har'dasi, you show great courage and honor. I cannot repay you for your assistance. I hope I have not forced your hand, but the Great Enemy cannot be allowed to take these Mon-Keigh for their banner. I welcome your assistance. Come with me, I will show you the front."

*Moving up behind the entrenched positions made by the troops the line was quiet. Cloaked rangers took up positions surrounding the gates and were ready to reign death on the enemy. Behind the rangers stood the entrenched guardians which made up the bulk of the expeditions numbers. Following the line were the Howling Banshees crouched and ready to pounce after the enemy advanced too far. Making up the final line were the Reaper and Fire Dragons. The Farseer and the Autarch stood amongst the forces.*

"I will leave your command to you, Noble Autarch. You see our plan, we are well entrenched and hope to hold them here. I have a camp for my Warp Spiders stationed not far on the other side of the tree line. I trust in your experience, move your troops where you think you will be best suited. You should know we also have..."

*Farseer N'yarath was interrupted by a shimmering in the webway. As the first cultists charged through, he gave the signal. His rangers opened fire completely unseen and the enemies fell as rapidly as the exited. These troops were disposable though, this was just the first push. More and more cultists rushed and as the guardian squads and rangers fired at them from varying distance the Howling Banshees stood crouched beneath the back lines. Waiting for the exact moment when the cultists numbers began to push far enough to engage the guardians in melee...shriek after shriek of the banshee exarchs who led their forces to defend the guardians from close combat. Their movements were sleek and faster than the cultists could dare match, the piles of the dead began to rise.*

"Fight, my kin! We will triumph this day. We will show them to fear the webway more than they fear the bite of their masters! Resist the ruinous powers with all your might, we will carry this day!"

Har'dasi was somewhat surprised that the Exalted Farseer N'yarath failed to recognize human slang, but spent a few milliseconds contemplating whether that was merely indicative of Har'dasi's long association with non-Eldar.

"You there!" Har'dasi called to a unit of Dire Avengers that were getting into position. "I will walk among you. I spent most of my years among my Dire Avenger brethren, and even without Jetbikes my unit managed to slay many foes. The Path of a Dire Avenger is a most troubling one: only the Howling Banshees have more confirmed casualties among many Craftworlds. Let us prevent our brothers from falling today."

Har'dasi drew a Twin-linked Shuriken Pistol, as though he was trying to reassure his brethren of his commitment to their welfare.

But as Har'dasi joined the Aspect Warriors of Alinor, one of the Bro-designed drop pods slammed into the ground next to him, and squads of Fire Warriors emerged!

"General!" One of them called. "The Farseer has sent us."

Har'dasi smiled. "Then take position among these troops, Fire Warriors. Show my people why the Brotherhood has survived for so long!"

And thus, Bro Fire Warrior and Eldar Dire Avenger stood side by side against waves of Chaos spawn.

More Drop Pods fell, revealing Bro armored units such as the Gun-Ru mech suit (OOC: Frog-like Crisis-Suit minus Jetpack with more Guns, no it is NOT a Gundam), Scathis Heavy Artillery, and enough supplies for the Bro contingent to mold their own base camp near the Eldar one. Brotherhood snipers took position, taking cues from their Ranger counterparts, while those footsoldiers armed with Shuriken rifles huddled alongside Guardians and other Dire Avenger squads, knowing that their weaponry would be most effective when combined alongside their "inspirations."

These ranged specialists began to rain fire upon the hordes of Chaos, hoping and praying that they could hold against the storm.
Last edited by The Second Brotherhood of Planets on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:47 pm

--Northern Victorian Tundra, several miles south of the Eldar Webway--

*Heretics and cultists moved around in frenzied motions working to establish a forward basecamp for the dark legions of Chaos. Their marine superiors furiously entrenching themselves as heavily armaments were being spawned from the machine pits erected. Tanks and defilers began to take up positions in front of the trenches for rapid advance. Chaos would not hold here and wait to be removed, but Lord Trask was prudent enough to ensure his men had a solid point from which to hold their enemy in these northern wastes. Lord Trask dismissively relayed to a cultist...*

"I want you to send some of our heretics and sorcerers to the alien allies, place them at their disposal, make it clear what failure means."

*Appraising his growing base camp with sufficient approval, he moved to the front squads of Chaos marines.*

"We will not be waiting for reinforcements. We will strike hard and fast at the forces on this planet and they will find themselves wedged between the vice of Chaos. In their desperation they will surely surrender to us or be slaughtered! Send in the vehicles at full speed, we will be hot on their heels! CHAOS COMES FOR YOU!"

*With that his men set out quickly falling behind their armored vehicles, they vehicles would arrive and engage soon, but it would take a few hours for the infantry to arrive to reinforce them...*

"Emperor, there is a forward Chaos encampment which is threatening to encircle our troops stationed at the Eldar front."

"Activate the satellite defense systems, rain fire upon those who would dare walk the frigid surface of Maximus Victor. Reroute the Iron Men from their assault against the Orz, they are finished in this system and We will not waste the armaments on the navy of Chaos. Have them strafe the Chaos heavy vehicles moving to encircle Our troops."

--Eldar Line of Defense--

*Farseer N'yarath sensed the incoming attack with growing trepidation. He was hesitant to divert any forces from the lines which were even now engaged in the constant onslaught of the Chaos horde. Suddenly though, brilliant flashes of light rained down upon the Eldar webway which had been tainted by the disease of Chaos. Particle lasers actually managed to breach the tough exterior of the wraithbone in their sustained bursts. In the distance the approaching Chaos machinations were simultaneously met with numerous Victorian-piloted automata which rocketed into the path of the Chaos horde with all the speed of a fall from orbit. The deft Iron Men circled around the clumsy defilers and pierced their armor easily at the leg joints making the clunky weapon platforms all but useless to the assault. What they lacked in numbers they made up in efficiency as they relentlessly pushed to hold the advancing trap back. Further in the sky, the approach of Craftworld Alinor comforted and unsettled the Farseer. Pulsar lances deadly and precise fired from the Craftworld which had not seen battle in too many years to count. Farseer Maximo was not moving too close to risk the Craftworld's invasion, but he was sending a clear message to the forces of Chaos, to enter into range would mean a speedy death.*

"Warp spiders, move to deploy your warp bombs into the wraithbone itself, destroy these webway gates that we may turn our attention to the forces who would seek to strike while our back is turned."

*The Warp Exarchs acknowledged the command and rapidly teleported within range lobbing the explosives helping the Victorians to eliminate the Webway gates.*

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:51 pm

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:--Some Chaos troops are diverted to Shadow guidance. Eldar forces actually holding their own even without Bro fire support. Orz disregarded as Victorian aerospace assets focus on Chaos ground forces.

Arali'Araleloli, still parked on the edge of the system.

While the *White Star of Judgment* left along with the Shadow diplomats, the bridge crew of the small scout ship Arali'Araleloli were appalled at the Shadow's treachery. Even though the Shadows were known to sometimes abandon the Younger Races they promised to protect, the vast majority of cases happened because the Younger Race in question had disregarded the Shadow's advice and chose to demonstrate their strength in ways that the Shadows did not approve.

Several accounts by *other* *named* observers described multiple Sapient species living on a world, and the Shadows would come to said world. As the Shadows focused on the most culturally and economically or militarily dominant species on the world, said species would rapidly grow strong. Occasionally, the species would assert its strength by attacking "weaker" civilizations without provocation and exterminating them, which the Shadows did not truly appreciate. The Shadows would usually respond by abruptly leaving.

In some rare cases the aided Young Ones had the gall to challenge the Shadows themselves. Said Young Ones have usually been forgotten by greater galactic history.

But there were literally only a handful of cases in eons where the Shadows would just betray the Young Ones, *the Original Contract* made between a vast number of First Ones and older races left the Shadows among a handful of races that swore to protect and guide Younger Ones. The Arilou were notable for never having signed this agreement in full, yet remaining in this region of space. The signatory races didn't always get along: the Vorlons could attest to that, but they all respected *The Original Contract* and what it represented.

And so, to the Arali'Araleloli's bridge crew, the Shadows should have continued to stay on the side of the Young Ones. At worst, they should have simply left as the odds were extremely unfavorable, and the Shadows did not actually ask their *question* and pledge their support for the Victorians specifically. For there were many Arilou, including one member of the two man bridge crew, who felt that the Arilou should also sign every part of the *contract* and join the Shadows' declaration, but today a Shadow vessel seemed to completely disregard the spirit of the *contract*! Today, the Shadows stood on the side of Chaos and those who would exterminate and were about to eradicate the Victorian civilization!

Yet a Dreadnought had already been sent to this system: Command was unlikely to send another. It was the Scout Ship's duty to record everything for Command and future generations to know. Who knows? Perhaps the Shadow Confederation would uphold their honor after the blood-soaked system finished drying.

---------------

BPS Llanvabon

As the planet-side situation worsened, the Llanvabon continued to deploy drop pods and transports with ground reinforcements. Unfortunately, many drop-pods were annihilated by Chaos anti-aircraft fire and some fire support from the Accursed Fleet. Today was a nightmare made manifest, but the Farseer would not back down!

Bro encampment, near Eldar command post

Colonel Edward Lee consolidated his assets while the General, who called himself "Au-tarch" and acted curiously zealous and decidedly NOT calm, seemed to bark commands and coordinated his brigade's actions with the Eldar of Alinor. The Colonel, then, acted independently as an attempt to protect his own ever-growing regiment.

Twelve Gun-Rus formed the bulk of his light armor division: there were few Vipers hovering at base and several of the Drop-pods containing more were shot down by Chaos. For heavy armored units the Colonel was pleased to see half a dozen Hammerheads and nearly fifty Fire Prisms, but this wave of tanks were not "mixed arms", and the various Anti-tank units of Chaos might very well slice open the Bro Fire Prisms and send their crews to the abyss. Fewer light armor units meant fewer ground scouts, so most intel would rely on air support. It was a risky prospect, and their fighters and bombers were grounded for now, but if their starships were still in orbit then they would have some eyes in the sky.

Mad whispers echoed in Lee's mind, and the Colonel felt ill as he had not experienced such horror in over fifteen years, but Chaos would not consume him. He would not abandon his brothers! For all their claims of freedom, he knew that Chaos was no better than the First Ones. The Vorlons would order you to bow before them and heed their doctrine, and Khorne would do the exact same thing. Both would have you kill and murder and rape if they deemed it necessary, and you would be little more than their pawn.

The grizzled Fire Warrior gripped his Pulse Rifle, and ordered his men to continue firing at the Webway Gates, but as a means of saving ammunition, he also relayed a message to Farseer N'yarath.

"Exalted Farseer, my forces have brought artillery. Our Scathi can shell the Webway Gates and annihilate them: I ask that your Warp Spiders jump out with any unused bombs they may have left. I would hope that we could save ammunition for the hordes of Chaos, rather than spend our ammunition on destroying the gates."

-------------

OOC Disclaimer: Do not misinterpret this RP as reflecting Babylon 5 canon. The Shadows did not use many ground troops, preferring to have client races do the dirty work on that front. I am extrapolating based on the theme of the Shadow space force.

IC:

Shadow Command Post

http://tinyurl.com/n84aepz

Two Shadow ground units demonstrated their signature brute force tactics:

One was the standard Shadow infantry. With their seemingly transparent body suits, the Shadow infantry seemed lightly armored until bullets began to graze them. Then, like the "forcefield" of younger races such as the Hu-Mans from Utopia Planitia, said bullets: be they kinetic shells or energy bolts, would be absorbed by a glowing, shimmering shroud that looked much like water when struck. Though the forcefield was not impenetrable, nothing short of a meteor impact would shatter its protection. They were equipped with intensely focused tachyon beams which, due to fact that tachyons moved at the speed of light, meant that Shadow small arms fire tended to reach the target before their natural eyes could see what was going on. Foes would, therefore, need sensors to detect and evade Shadow small arms fire in time.

(AKA Shadow infantry should be countered with artillery, not other infantry. Shadow infantry with super fast gun equals doom when put against other infantry.)

Shadow armored divisions were far less swift, but possibly more intimidating. These large walkers served as heavy armored units, searing the ground with a giant X-ray laser cannon. While the mechanism was less energy-intensive than even the Shadow infantry armor, the cannon's effects were no less devastating. Shadow spider tanks could leave fertile ground scorched for decades. Spider tanks did not carry the impressive forcefield armor of ground troops, simply because said forcefield had little effect on larger targets, but their hulls were well-suited to enduring large amounts of enemy fire. Tachyon defensive guns and a single missile launcher allowed the tank to threaten various kinds of foes as well, making it difficult to attack a spider tank head on, but its laser remained its primary weapon.

http://tinyurl.com/oaetzv8

With these forces at their disposal, the Shadows marched alongside the Chaos forces sent to augment their troops. A proud Chaos Sorcerer and a horde of Chaos Obliterators were eagerly intermingled with the main Shadow Ground Leader, with the latter clicking with joy at the fact that the Plague Father and the Changer of Ways would endorse their actions and bless them with gifts today!

For centuries, the Shadows had relied on the Young Ones in their care to fight ground battles for them. This was why their ground troops had gradually become obsolete over the centuries, and why they had so few variations. But today Leader Q'walikiss felt confident that these particular Young Ones would be too weak to resist the Shadows today!

--------------

Warband under Warlock Il'ithin, Craftworld Saim-Hann, Edge of the Maximus Victorian System

The Void Dancer, an Eldar Eclipse-class cruiser, led the bulk of the Task Force sent by the Saim-Hann craftworld. With the legendary Farseer D'vorkak and a battle-hardened Warlock at their head, the Task Force felt confident that they could beat back the Chaos horde.

As the Eldar task force braved the Warp Storm and entered the system, Farseer D'vorkak was quick to hail the Eldar of Alinor, and hinted that more ships were on their way. Linnovian's men would take longer to arrive, but they would come with different equipment and some interesting weaponry of the Brotherhood.

Though some in Alinor might have been appalled at the vastly different engine configuration of Saim-Hann's Eclipse-class cruiser, its Pulsar Lance remained true, and the Void Dancer demonstrated its power by firing into the northern tundra at the Chaos encampment.

Though they no longer had access to the Webway, four Eldar Transports flew out from the safe embrace of the Task Force's capital ships, flying towards the planet in the hopes of dropping more troops to join the fray!
Last edited by The Second Brotherhood of Planets on Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:33 pm

--Eldar Front--

*Farseer N'yarath accepts the welcome offer from the young Colonel.*

"Colonel Edward Lee, many thanks for your timely arrival and valiant contribution. My troops will retreat from the immediate area around the base, I encourage you to enact your artillery barrage at the earliest possible time, we will hold back the Vile Horde at range."

*Instead of ordering the Warp Spiders to augment the main line of Eldar infantry, Farseer N'yarath moves them to begin securing the Eldar flank. Noticing the Victorians engaging the Chaos in the not-so-distant field, several turrets are relocated to shore up the line. A mixture of anti-infantry and anti-vehicle offensive weaponry, the turrets stood ready to assail those who came into range. The bonesingers worked tirelessly to build a rudimentary mine field, but only in the immediate area to protect the turrets from close assault. They would be very susceptible to long range fire, but hopefully the Brotherhood and the Victorian air support would be enough to distract Chaos from gazing so far ahead...*

--Craftworld Alinor--

*Craftworld Alinor hails the Void Dancer*

"Welcome to this system brothers and sisters, I am Farseer Maximo of Craftworld Alinor. You are a welcome sight in this system where our people have long hidden from the horrors of the universe at large. Hidden near our front lies our base camp, well beyond the range of Chaos fire and shielded by our short range webways being constructed. You are most welcome, Farseer N'yarath is in command on the ground holding the horde while the main forces of Alinor are, as we speak, mobilizing. We have sent a cache of empty soul stones to our headquarters on the surface, and it is my hopes that any Eldar who does not carry such will willingly take one. I cannot bear the thought of feeding She-Who-Thirsts with any of our brethren..."

"Send word to Admiral Remann, land "The Obelisk" and begin advancing towards the enemy."

"Emperor, the design of the ship is such that the maneuverability is limited planetside, and we were never able to adequately fix the issue of speed."

"We understand the complications, nonetheless do as We command. The advance will be slow, but order "The Obelisk" to fire when in range. Also pull back a full half of the Iron Men to take up a defensive perimeter around it. We want transports deployed to relocate all of Our troops outside the damaged Webway, they will combine to augment the advance. Tell them to keep in range of the Eldar ships, the Chaos hordes seem to be keeping their distance for the time being. "Further, order "The Destroyer" to rain orbital fire down upon these...dark infantry. We understand there will be gaps in the firing line, and these infantry appear very mobile. Target for maximum effect though, We need to test the full capabilities of our foe."

--Aboard the H.I.M.S. Obelisk--

*Admiral Remann could never get used to the brightness of the fire that exchanged between the fleets in space, and the ground forces below. All of his life was darkness, the planet devoid of sunlight, and further his long tenure beneath the surface. Born and bred for military service, Admiral Remann was given by his family during his teen years for a special officer conditioning program. From an early age he had been forced through grueling training regiments and pushed to his mental limits, not to mention the serious indoctrination of Victorian beliefs. Not early enough though, Admiral Remann was born different. His family had given him over to the military to save face in a last ditch effort to disassociate his actions from their responsibility. He was an atypical child, in that he showed very little excitement and interest in their sinister religion or in the opposite gender. When their attempts at politically arranged marriage were sabotaged by him, their response was a choice to join the youth officer's program or be turned over to the ritual leaders of the Dark Brotherhood. His choice had been an easy one, as he wanted to live. Despite the hardships imposed upon him, he was a rapid success. Solely dedicated to his self-betterment and his quiet subordination he rose rapidly through the ranks. He was the first in his classes and a favorite of the Emperor despite his young age. Many questioned his relationship with the Emperor as well as his lack of fervor for their Dark Faith, nonetheless the effect on his crew was palpable. His command was complete and his authority absolute on this vessel, and he ran it with a gentle guidance unheard of. His men did not fear their Admiral, they respected him. He was kind to them and they gave their best for him. Unlike his contemporaries he was eager and excited to coordinate with the various human and alien allies, immediately recognizing them as the same as he, not monsters as the others in High Command.

After relaying the orders given to him from the Citadel, the Admiral moved to address the crew of "The Obelisk" *

"My brothers...I swell with pride when I look upon our ranks, pride and pity. Proud because we are the best Maximus Victor has to offer. Proud because we stand as a torch for a planet that is eternally covered in darkness. Proud because we are the most honored of His Imperial Majesty. Proud because we have been given this day and all the days of our past, and I promise you we have been given a future. This future was not given unconditionally though, this future was given with many conditions. The most important of these conditions is that we be willing to sacrifice it so that others may have it! And pity, pity for those who would dare try to stand in the way of our noble cause. There is no cause nobler than a man defending his right to live in his home, unscathed by others! They call this ship experimental...it is true many of our functions have not seen battle, and we most certainly face foes who have had many more years to outthink and outbuild us. But they don't know this ship like we do...they have not been training and testing it for years. Many of you have been on this ship much longer than I, and it has been a home to us all. I ask you not to let anyone tell you what we are capable of, you know yourself and you know your brothers and you know we can do anything. The indomitable spirit of Right Action guides us to victory! Now we take this fight to the planet's surface to our homes! Men, come home with me!"

*Cheers echo across the halls of the ship, and "The Obelisk" quite literally dives into the atmosphere and rockets towards the surface armored well enough to resist enemy AA fire with virtually no damage. As the ship decelerates with a shockwave that ripples out across the surface sending wind rushing which knocks over even the sturdiest of men some distance away, numerous legs extend to move the ship forward, albeit almost at a crawl. Admiral Remann resumes his seat in the High Command Chair, turning around to admire a portrait of Emperor Maximus Victor I, who he knew more personally than anyone was aware. There was no distinction between his national pride and his devotion to the royalty as to him the Emperor was in fact the nation made manifest.*

"Captain, initiate transmission with the nearest Brotherhood forces, keep an open comms line."

"Members of the Brotherhood, this is Admiral Remann of "The Obelisk", don't think the irony of a land naval officer is missed. I am honored to fight with you, and I hope you will aid our advance and if you could spare some support we'll take it. We have powerful offensive gauss weaponry, but we are extremely vulnerability to close range attacks and we are fairly slow. Our ETA to the main Chaos base is one standard hour."

--Chaos Front--

*Lord Trask looked on in mild disapproval and assured in providence that his infantry was not caught in the surprisingly sudden Victorian counter attack. Aware that his front line was now bogged down and hearing news of the Webway's complications gave him pause. The situation was not ideal, many poured forth from the warp, but only 3 Capital ships had actually punctured this universe with accompanying fighters. He was vulnerable in the skies. Further the sorcerers met with much resistance in trying to open the great gates of the Immaterium planetside. They were able to open small wounds from which their barracks and machine pits spewed forth heavy infantry and vehicles, but this was not the slaughter Lord Trask had intended. His force of will pained the sorcerers and he mentally "encouraged" them to split this world open so that the true daemonic horrors of Chaos could be known. Fearing an all too soon defensive struggle became irrelevant with the arrival of the Shadows. Lord Trask smiled in a horrible glee when their troops began to land and skirmish with the enemy who they cut down mercilessly at close range.*

"The spearhead is followed by the spear...men form up behind the Shadows we will coordinate with their advance."

*The Chaos base camp was firmly established with a secured perimeter, his sorcerers had time, they would succeed. And troops would keep coming forth to join the front. While his Chaos marines marched disciplined behind the shadows Chaos spawn ran wildly ahead charging madly at the lines, as did the Khorne beserkers. Chaos was being fed, the taint was spreading, all was well. More would come...*

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:59 pm

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:--Eldar Front--

*Farseer N'yarath accepts the welcome offer from the young Colonel.*

"Colonel Edward Lee, many thanks for your timely arrival and valiant contribution. My troops will retreat from the immediate area around the base, I encourage you to enact your artillery barrage at the earliest possible time, we will hold back the Vile Horde at range."

Colonel Lee grimaced at Chaos' formidable attempts to deny his fighters and bombers a chance to scout out their positions and rain hell from the sky. Although allied starships were attempting to enter low orbit, his snub ships should be granted the chance to fulfill their duty!

A few more Drop-pods landed within and around his encampment, revealing more Fire Warriors and Tanks, including a particularly useful tank for those purposes.

"A Mirage Tank! Excellent. We will need to buy some time for our Mirage Tank to approach the enemy under Shroud. Is there a way we can manipulate the tank itself to resemble a force of Chaos?" The Colonel mused.

Har'dasi heard him, and responded telepathically.

"Do not let your words enter the enemy's ears. It is unlikely that they would be tricked so easily: a Mirage Tank would fool no one if it took the shape of a heretic. We would have to convince the Mad Legions that it is a comrade of theirs, wounded and attempting to return to base, but would they fall for such a trick?"

"Unless you people come up with a plan, we're staying here! We will serve as fire support, our twin-linked lascannon can sear their faces off while you come up with something! I'm not going to let my men get shred to pieces out there just because you people are too hasty!" The tank commander replied angrily.

"For now, modify your shroud so that our numbers appear greater than they are. Once we've established an opening, we can try to have you mimic the Forces of Chaos!" The Colonel replied.

Meanwhile, the entire Scathi battery slammed waves of plasma shells into the targeted webway gates, and they visibly began to crumble before the onslaught of ordinance! The Bro forces hoped that once the gates were destroyed, their Scathi could retaliate against their enemies' anti-air capacity, allowing Bro Bombers and Fighters to help scout and finish the job.

OOC: To prevent worries of God-mod: http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Mirage_tank_%28Red_Alert_3%29 . I also hope that Har'dasi's telepathic statements can't be easily intercepted by Lord Trask or other Psykers.

--------

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:--Craftworld Alinor--

*Craftworld Alinor hails the Void Dancer*

"Welcome to this system brothers and sisters, I am Farseer Maximo of Craftworld Alinor. You are a welcome sight in this system where our people have long hidden from the horrors of the universe at large. Hidden near our front lies our base camp, well beyond the range of Chaos fire and shielded by our short range webways being constructed. You are most welcome, Farseer N'yarath is in command on the ground holding the horde while the main forces of Alinor are, as we speak, mobilizing. We have sent a cache of empty soul stones to our headquarters on the surface, and it is my hopes that any Eldar who does not carry such will willingly take one. I cannot bear the thought of feeding She-Who-Thirsts with any of our brethren..."

Void Dancer

The Void Dancer continued to act as an orbital artillery piece, firing into mobs of Chaos troops, yet it was quick to return Alinor's hails.

"These soulstones would be most precious yet costly gifts, Exalted Farseer! The Craftworld of Saim-Hann does not accept such debts without adhering to the law of equivalent exchange. For every stone our men may take, we would have to repay you somehow. She-Who-Thirsts may feast on the fallen, but we will not falter even though we lack protection! Of that you can be certain! It has been some time since our Aspect Warriors reused the Webway, but our lives and memories are not so short. This shall be a glorious battle!"

(OOC: Remember, Saim-Hann are 'Barbaric' and emotional lol.)

Three of the Eldar Transports pierced the skies and reached the encampment, revealing dozens of Striking Scorpions, Dire Avengers, Fire Dragons, and the mysterious Warp Spiders of Saim-Hann, along with certain Aspect Warriors called "Halberdiers" that were unseen among other, Wraithbone using Craftworlds. Vipers, Wave Serpents, and Fire Prisms that were of a curiously lower quality than Wraithbone-designed counterparts also appeared within the Saim-Hann warband, but had holofields unlike their Brotherhood variants.

A younger Warlock, Dacha, led this warband as it quickly reported to Autarch Har'dasi.

"Brother Autarch, our forces are at your disposal. Our Halberdiers continue to seethe with rage that they lack their jetbikes and thus are not true Shining Spears, but their lances are at the ready. They are not afraid to gut every last demon they encounter, even if their souls are vulnerable. Our brethren are ready to return those monsters to the abyss!" Dacha growled, her hair swaying to and fro as she removed her helmet.

"Sister Warlock, keep those men in line. Stay your hand, I will not have our brothers throw themselves at the enemy even if their passion consumes them. That is the way to Chaos, and they are not Druchii. Our Halberdier Exarchs shall coordinate efforts with Alinor's Howling Banshees and our own Striking Scorpions. The melee forces of Chaos must suffer at their hands, and they will draw the enemy's attention away from our armored units and artillery. Our only Mirage Tank on this field is our main hope of stealth, and we cannot expose it to the enemy before its shroud is prepared. Do you understand?"

Dacha nodded slowly, and bowed before Farseer N'yarath.

"Forgive me, Farseer, for my passions overwhelm me. I hope that we can force The Great Enemy to flee today, and that requires your foresight and wisdom. Brother Har'dasi is our champion, but you are our guide to victory. Saim-Hann is not Biel-Tan: we heed those who walk the Seer's Path rather than that of the Warrior."

Har'dasi nodded at that. "The enemy's anti-aircraft assets remain our main threat. We must silence them somehow, but without any intelligence regarding their guards we cannot risk losing Wave Serpents and Fire Dragons in our attacks against their anti-air guns. Can we send shrouded Rangers to investigate their defenses? Or perhaps it would be better to send a Viper or two. Exalted Farseer, do your visions reveal the results of our efforts?"

As if on cue, another drop pod landed near the Eldar commanders, and it carried a curious item that only Har'dasi among them could recognize:

An Iron Curtain-class Mobile Shield Generator.

--------------

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:
"Members of the Brotherhood, this is Admiral Remann of "The Obelisk", don't think the irony of a land naval officer is missed. I am honored to fight with you, and I hope you will aid our advance and if you could spare some support we'll take it. We have powerful offensive gauss weaponry, but we are extremely vulnerability to close range attacks and we are fairly slow. Our ETA to the main Chaos base is one standard hour."

Of Lee's 50 or so Brotherhood Fire Prisms, 10 of them immediately reacted and entered into a defensive, "Goose" Formation around "The Obelisk." Teams of Fire Warriors loaded themselves onto a Matriarch-class APC, which immediately positioned itself in front of the Obelisk, preparing itself for any swarms of cultists who might try to intercept the great war machine.

"This is Master Sergeant Johanson, Able Company, and I'll be in charge of your escorts, Admiral! More people are on the way, but we still lack the numbers to form a large enough buffer for you. Still, I won't let you d-"

"Serge!" Another Fire Warrior yelled as a sizable tower-like structure came rumbling towards the rear of the Obelisk. "A shipment of Iron Curtains have arrived!"

"Excellent! Activate it now, Private!"

Sure enough, an enormous bubble appeared, surrounding the Fire Prisms, the Matriarch, the Iron Curtain Mobile Shield Generator, and the Obelisk.

"This is Johanson. Admiral, this Iron Curtain should solve some of our problems, but the shield is not invincible. It can endure quite a few hard artillery barrages from these Chaos bastards, but after a certain time it may collapse. Until then, our men can retaliate from within the shield, but I can't guarantee that it will protect us forever. Hopefully, more Comrades will join your escort, but I will do my utmost to make sure you make it through."

--Chaos Front--

*...Fearing an all too soon defensive struggle became irrelevant with the arrival of the Shadows. Lord Trask smiled in a horrible glee when their troops began to land and skirmish with the enemy who they cut down mercilessly at close range.*

"The spearhead is followed by the spear...men form up behind the Shadows we will coordinate with their advance."

*The Chaos base camp was firmly established with a secured perimeter, his sorcerers had time, they would succeed. And troops would keep coming forth to join the front. While his Chaos marines marched disciplined behind the shadows Chaos spawn ran wildly ahead charging madly at the lines, as did the Khorne beserkers. Chaos was being fed, the taint was spreading, all was well. More would come...*

In accordance with their wishes, the Shadow's infantry received the blessings of Nurgle. Q'walikiss grinned from aboard the Pride of Z'ha'dum when he heard his men cry out upon receiving their Marks.

Yet, curiously, as he attempted to contact Command, he received no replies for some time. Why wouldn't they respond? Did they not realize that this would be a turning point for the Shadows? That now all of Chaos would support their work?

Even if Command would not send him reinforcements, Q'walikiss was certain that their combined efforts would squish these weaklings like insignificant microorganisms. They took the blunt of casualties against the Orz and Chaos compared to the *Curators* and the Arilou. Now, with the Shadows, they would become extinct. Such was the fate of the weak when pitted against the strong.

Shadow Spider Tanks entered firing range, and released their lasers upon the Victorian youths. Would they withstand the searing heat of their beams? Could they endure and retaliate? Q'walikiss watched as his infantry quickly darted forward, firing their tachyon guns at any foe that was in range. Their small-arms beams traveled at the speed of light: could these young fools evade them? Few who stood before the Shadows' guns ever lived to tell their tale. These meek Victorians would hardly be one of that honored few!

... Wouldn't they? A slight discomfort settled in Q'walikiss' digestive organ as he considered one important fact:

The Victorians resembled Hu-mans. And Hu-mans almost always refused to lay down and die.

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:51 pm

--Eldar Front--

*While normally it would pain Farseer N'yarath to witness the destruction of wraithbone structures, he couldn't help but feel a calm peace overcome him as that which was mutilated and deformed by Chaos meet with a necessary and permanent end. The webway gates buckled under the weight of the Brotherhood barrage and blasted the nearby forces from their feat with a concussive shock that resonated from the final departure of their Victorian existence. Those Chaos forces nearest to the gates were annihilated almost to a man, while those inside found themselves ready fodder for the Warp predators who were savage in their anger at being denied passage. Try as they might to flee many found themselves subjected to torments they had hoped awaited their enemies...*

*The Farseer moved to address Colonel Lee*

"Colonel, I have four special operative squads that I am transferring under your command. I believe if circle around to flank Chaos some of their forces will divert to engage the special operatives. While they are doing this your mirage tank may join the isolated Chaos armaments. If we can rendezvous your mirage tank with squad we can then find a way to circle back to the mainlines with your vehicle unharmed. What say you?"

--The Obelisk Mobile War Platform--

*As "The Obelisk" lumbered towards the Chaos lines a few armored columns initially diverted to engage the structure. Augmented by the allied Brotherhood forces the Obelisk struck out against the foolhardy Chaos troops with a fury that made them recoil. After an entire row of tanks was annihilating without issuing any damage the rest halted their advance and began to call for reinforcements. Clearly recognizing the threat to their main base. As the Obelisk slowly advanced they noted several forward Shadow troops closing into range, thanking the Void they weren't on foot the Victorians froze behind their viewscreens wondering if they were being ignored or appraised.*

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:45 pm

*The Farseer moved to address Colonel Lee*

"Colonel, I have four special operative squads that I am transferring under your command. I believe if circle around to flank Chaos some of their forces will divert to engage the special operatives. While they are doing this your mirage tank may join the isolated Chaos armaments. If we can rendezvous your mirage tank with squad we can then find a way to circle back to the mainlines with your vehicle unharmed. What say you?"

The Colonel grinned. "It shall be done, Farseer."

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:--The Obelisk Mobile War Platform--

*As "The Obelisk" lumbered towards the Chaos lines a few armored columns initially diverted to engage the structure. Augmented by the allied Brotherhood forces the Obelisk struck out against the foolhardy Chaos troops with a fury that made them recoil. After an entire row of tanks was annihilating without issuing any damage the rest halted their advance and began to call for reinforcements. Clearly recognizing the threat to their main base. As the Obelisk slowly advanced they noted several forward Shadow troops closing into range, thanking the Void they weren't on foot the Victorians froze behind their viewscreens wondering if they were being ignored or appraised.*

If they were using binnoculars, the Victorians might see a small group of Shadow troops chattering:

Shadow Commando Team Leader: "These young ones are hardy. Several of our spider tanks blasted them yet they refuse to back down."

Team Second: "That just proves that these Young Ones are suicidal."

Team Medic: "With all due respect, sir, the Young Ones would have little reason to flee just because we fired some lasers at them."

Second: "You dare disrespect our armored units?"

Medic: "I simply do not find it wise to underestimate our opponents. We've seen Younger Races destroy our warships before. We've also seen sizable asteroids smash Vorlon cruisers. We are not Gods, and some Young Ones are wise enough to see that."

Second: "We are not the Q, We are not the Metrons, and thus We may be less capable at manipulating the universe, but we are far more powerful than these insignificant ants!"

Team Leader: "... Our medic is wise. We should use discretion when engaging these Young Ones. Do not forget, biological scans seem to confirm that they are like Hu-Mans. The Council is still debating whether to ask the Hu-Mans our *Grand Question*.

Second: "Why would we want to know what vermin want? The Drakh are strong and brave. These ants..."

Medic: "Have just destroyed an Eldar webway and may very well force our allies to scatter."

Second: "That was the work of artillery, artillery that seems to belong to the *Curators*."

Team Leader: "Be that as it may, only fools blindly throw themselves into the crucible of conflict. We are dealing with enemy armored units. We should treat them as Vorlon equivalents and flank or ambush them accordingly. My Second, tell the platoon to activate camouflage. Let us convince them to quiver in their boots!"

OOC: http://ghostintheshell.wikia.com/wiki/T ... camouflage
(Like I said, extrapolating Shadow tech. Shadow First One status is based on the abilities of their Starships, their ability to infiltrate people's dreams and subconscious, their "Death Cloud" nanobot planet killer, "Null Field" device that eats photons and energy but allows matter to pass through, hacking of enemy vessels and remote controlling them, etc. In truth, compared to near-Omnipotent or Omnipotent beings in Sci Fi (like the Q), the Shadows actually aren't all that powerful in comparison, but don't tell them that. :P)

Another link for context: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/ ... at.305948/
Last edited by The Second Brotherhood of Planets on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:53 am

(Double post used for emphasis).

Battlefront in front of the Obelisk

Thus, as the crew of the Obelisk watched, the Shadows suddenly faded from view, as though they had suddenly disappeared.

The Iron Curtain immediately flickered rapidly, as though it was being struck from all directions by incredibly swift ordinance. The Shield continued to flicker rapidly, and began to visually jolt as several explosions roared across its surface.

"They're hitting us with all they've got... But we can't see where the hell they are!" Sergeant Johanson yelled over the unit's transmissions.

----------

Har'dasi nodded as the Farseer focused his attention on the Colonel. "I see. Warlock, join our melee units on the frontline. Do not allow vague portents to weaken your resolve."

Dacha saluted and sprinted away.

Har'dasi took his leave, galloping towards the rest of the allied gunline. He immediately addressed the troops the second he knew his voice would reach their ears: "Men, no sorry warrior ever won a battle by dying for his nation. The survivors always made absolutely sure that their pathetic foes would die for theirs. She Who Thirsts will enjoy every last one of your souls if you falter this day. You may tell me that you fear the depraved. That, as an Autarch, it is far too easy for me to forget the overwhelming terror you feel as you stare straight into the abyss. Rest assured, warrior, that I don't blame you for that fear.

"I do not think any less of you for wanting to sprint as fast as you can in the opposite direction. But you are warriors, each and every one of you has prepared yourself for the day when you might die for your country. Today, you fight against no mere 'opponent' or 'conqueror' or 'hostile person,' you fight against the very embodiments of Despair, Treachery, Wrath, and Rape themselves. Failure today would lead to the very rape of your soul, would have you succumb to nightmares beyond your imagination. But even though you face such abominations, take heart. We are Comrades, we stand as one, and we are the storm that will wash away these monstrosities from the face of this planet. Stand tall, brothers and sisters, for we will prevail!"
Last edited by The Second Brotherhood of Planets on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:03 pm

(Post to hopefully revive RP)

Z'ha'dum, Shadow Homeworld, Greater Council Chambers

Clicks filled the air as various Elders gathered in the main chamber.

"Elder of the Misty Nebula, you were charged with ensuring that all our ships from that region are accounted for. Yet recently your colleague, the Elder Who Summons Giants, has returned to Homeworld to report that one of our ships is aiding the Dark Ones in one of their *purges*! The Dark Ones may claim age, and while some may claim that they have no intention of disturbing the interests of our fellow *First Ones*, they are currently attempting to exterminate a Young Race who has just been exposed to the stars! We have lost many *wards* over the past three centuries. Many races have failed to evolve before death claimed them. The Vorlons have had a better record than us: if we do not inspire *growth* in the Young the other *First Ones* may question our adherence to the *Contract*. We'd be the laughingstocks of the galaxy!"

A thousand legs scuttled across the room as aged Shadows swayed back and forth. Unlike the abominations from *below* and the irresponsible *Shaggy Ones*, the Shadows had gleefully signed the Original Contract and pledged to assist in efforts to develop and guide the Young Ones of the milky way. For Shadows to be directly responsible for a Young Race's extinction, with no evidence suggesting that they tried to help said youth gain *insight*, *strength*, or even *guidance* (as taboo as that might have been), such a crime might ensure that no First One would ever engage with the Shadows again, save the Vorlons whose only interest was in seeing Shadows die.

The *Others* would only tolerate *Pruning* so long as it helped create *Strength* or *Insight*. They would not tolerate "*Pruning*" out of spite, cowardice, or unthinkable malice.

Even if the battle against the *Determined Insects* would prove arduous without Shadow aid, the First Ones would claim that they could not trust the Shadows ever again if the Shadows were seen to have murdered a Young Race. Some "First Ones" might claim that the lives of the old outweighed the lives of the new, but as long as *Lorien*, the *Metrons*, the *Organians*, or the *Rolons* continued to dictate policy the First Ones would rather march with trustworthy allies and die without deceitful ones than allow the unscrupulous to watch over the Younger Races. The Shadows were not unscrupulous, even if others failed to understand their *Way*!

Where others would *ascend* after a time, the Shadows would not *retire*, and if they wished to maintain that reputation they had to stop their own. If this wayward Shadow trampled upon the soul of their *Way*, then death would be the least of his problems!

Three of the black, spider-like beings raised their forelimbs, pointing at one similar being whose entire body was crouched and still. "Elder of the Misty Nebula, we cannot afford this incident to continue any longer. You have proven unable to handle the situation, so we must intervene on behalf of all. Before the *others* get involved, we must protect those Young Ones. The Arilou and Q have witnessed crimes that will certainly be reported to the *others* if we fail to act. You are to be relieved of command during this incident. Another will temporarily take your place. Return to your seat among the council, we have other matters to discuss."

[Untranslatable] Home Star System of the Shadows, near Z'Ha'Dum

Not long after the council completed its deliberation, four ships faded from view and left their orbits around Homeworld. Somewhat mockingly referred to as "Battlecrabs" by the Hu-mans and those who would back the Vorlons, all four of these Battleships flew towards the Maximus Victorian home system with all haste. At their head was the starship *Fateweaver*, whose captain was personally responsible for witnessing the occasionally painful and oftentimes challenging development of three *wards* in accordance with the *Contract*.

With such an experienced commander in their midst, it was believed that this Task Force could apprehend the *Pride of Z'ha'dum* and convince her rogue captain, and hopefully the Dark Ones as well, to stand down. Unlike the similarly-shaped starships used in various *Tests*, these four were designed to engage *Blights* and perhaps Vorlons and destroy them efficiently. Those who would challenge the *Contract*, those who would try to prevent Evolution would face the wrath of four fully armed and operational Shadow Battleships!

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents