NATION

PASSWORD

A Most Wonderful Intrusion (PMT/FT, CLOSED, INVITE ONLY)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Second Brotherhood of Planets
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:35 am

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:--Victor I--

"Admiral, the nuclear weapons appeared to have minimal effect. Perhaps a few successes, they seem to have adapted."

"Send in our Assassin Class Shuttles, no one produces cloaking devices like Victorians, I don't care what this damn universe spits up! We live and die for the Void! I want all Red and Blue wings to engage the ships at close range to draw their attention. The shuttles will attempt to board several of their vessels, the Imperial Strike Forces V, X, and M will attempt to wipe out the command of several ships and try to disorient them. At very least problems inside the ship will buy us some time!"

*Immediately two scores of ships move to assault the Orz ships closest to the station. The Assassins move invisibly keep their distance behind the initial attack. The ships are designed to spear into enemy vessels and quite literally eject the strike teams into the enemy vessel. The ships accelerate as they approach...*

--Imperopolis--

"AHHHHHHH!"

*The Imperial Officer shouts in rage as he runs his ceremonial dagger into the nearest blob bursting out of the human in front of him.*

"I don't know how much longer we can keep this up, tell Command to radio those alien friendlies we need some help down here. Look more panic three streets ahead, dammit call it in, torch the whole area."

"Captain there is no guarantee that this is nece..."

*Immediately the Captain shoots the hesitating officer in the head.*

"This is no time for that."

Always *Frumple* *Time*, Bridge

Particle cannons and mass drivers on the Orz ships exchanged fire with the positron cannons and antimatter missiles of the Brotherhood *rejects* and the surprisingly *sick* weapons of the new *rejects*.

"They are not wise. They are *sick*, and for the last time. I am *frumple*, there will be little *sauce* left after the *dance*."

"*Boss*! Orz *Biggest Boss* is more *frumple*! He is asking why Orz have not made *special sauce* out of what seem to be new and weak *cows*!"

*Boss* *Dancer* shivered. He knew what happened to the *Bigger Boss* who fought the Brotherhood *rejects* long ago. No matter how high his rank was, the *Bigger Boss* was personally *squished* before the entire Orz *assembly*, and turned into *sauce*. Most Orz were respected enough not to be turned into *sauce*.

"Tell *Biggest Boss* that I will make all the *cows* into *sauce*! For *Wet*, and for all Orz!"

*Happy* *Camper*, Nemesis-Class Cruiser, Lower Decks

Another Orz cruiser had a much less pleasant experience. Dozens of *Cows* marched across the bizarre, non-euclidean designed halls. They exchanged fire with Orz marines and crew members who wore Marine armored suits. These suits resisted various forms of radiation, and helped protect the wearer from biological and chemical weapons. The interior of an Orz ship was very different from the interiors of many ships across the galaxy, including other ancients like the Arilou! Moderate climates, puffs of oxygen gas, these were alien to the Orz. Nitrogen was what they breathed, and their amphibious bodies loved warm humidity. Boarders met a very unpleasant experience as they endured both Orz small arms fire and the very environment of the Orz ships themselves!

-----------------

Edge of the Maximus Victorian system

The younger races were usually fond of fighting, as an Elder race their people were not fond of such fighting. However the Orz were the kind of monstrosities that made violence a noble act of opposition.

A single blue saucer hovered at the edge of the star system, watching the battle through high magnification with its camera. Two green, bald humanoids watched the violence before them. One's face was covered in excitement, the other seemed more stoic.

"The young ones that resemble our *wards* are quite adept at fighting *Them*. Should we tell Command to aid them?"

"No. We do not want the young ones to notice us, and we certainly do not want to be *seen*. *They* *saw* the young ones, and you just saw what *they* did to the young ones' offspring."

"We do not fear *them* anymore, do we not? We have more powerful weapons now. We may not be warriors, but we are not helpless either."

"Yes, but our warriors always fare better against *them*, a scout ship like ours is a poor match. Even dozens of our scout ships are poor matches against *their* cruisers. It is good that *they* have not seen it fit to send more powerful craft."

"The community that our *cousins* joined has fought *them*, and is fighting *them* now, but even they are ignorant of what *they* have at *their* disposal!"

"Aye, I fear for the young ones. If *they* choose to send more powerful craft, can the young ones continue to survive?"

A few moments passed, and the stoic one's eyes flashed with clarity. He continued:

"We are not Vorlons, we are not Shadows, we are not Metrons. We did not choose to devote our *time* to the young ones. We only fight *them* when it is necessary. *They* have suffered severe strategic defeats. We do not need to do much more."

"But the young ones! And our *cousins*!"

"Should fend for themselves. Now we are scouts. We must continue to watch, and tell Command what has happened here. If *they* prevail, well, it is a tragedy. If *they* are defeated, we can rejoice. But we cannot interfere."

----------------

BPS Sunrider, Battle Bridge (a Seedship-class Carrier)

When the squadron received a distress signal, the lone Seedship quickly responded. Though many of its passengers were civilians hoping to help found a new colony, there were also many Fire Warriors, Rangers, and a variety of armaments that would have made the local Army garrison of the colony. This garrison responded immediately, departing the Seedship via drop-pod.

Large cones began to fall over the skies of Imperopolis. They were all equipped with retrorockets that helped them cut their fall during landing, allowing them to land relatively harmlessly near the site of the Orz infestation.

The Brotherhood Drop Pods opened, revealing Fire warriors who fanned out with pulse rifles raised. Rangers also appeared, reading their sniper rifles to assist the local soldiers in assassinating certain Orz individuals.

And several Drop Pods opened to reveal Gun-Rus, mechanized frog-like walkers that could quickly leap across the urban landscape, bringing their various guns to bear on their gruesome Orz targets. The Gun-Rus quickly hopped across the city. Radioing the Victorians their identification. Both soldiers and vehicles attempted to broadcast statements at civilians, reassuring them that the situation was under control and that, if necessary, they would find shelter among certain drop pods that were still manned and guarded in case someone needed refuge from the Orz.

All Brotherhood ground forces were equipped with sensors that could sniff out Orz, even Orz who were presently infesting live hosts. Upon discovering the latter, some troops hesitated slightly before relieving them of that unfathomable agony.
Last edited by The Second Brotherhood of Planets on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Horace Walpole: "The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel."

Member of the LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES!

NS Stats are mostly acknowledged here, but multiply NS pop by 5 to get State Approved total!

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Intergalactic Bulletin:  Alt Human Homeland rediscovered and reclaimed.  Locals 'uplifted' in response to paranormal activity.  Brotherhood delegation invited to mysterious assembly, Mmrnmhrm deployed. More to Follow...

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Founded: Sep 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:15 am

--Unidentified Alien Vessel XIV--

*Strike Force X immediately switched on their cloaking devices as they attempted to traverse the strange alien ships corridors. Their stealth armor wasn't much good against stray fire, but it would protect them from the elements of space, (and hopefully this ship), and it would keep them hidden. They had spent their lives hiding in the shadows able to instinctively find any potential hiding place within an unfamiliar environment. They had a special objective. Get as close as they could to the center, plant their charges, and get out. Assassin shuttles were made to impact, but were only capable of launching the rear side after insertion. They would only get one chance of escape, and that would be back planet side.*

"Silencer, my telemetry device seems to indicate we are close to the center of this vessel."

"Alright, plant the antimatter charge. Give us 8 minutes to vacate the ship. If it takes us longer we deserve to go down with it."

"Silencer, those things...moving down this way."

"We're out of here! Let them try to modify it in anyway it will go up, let's just make sure we're not caught in the blast!"

--Imperopolis Streets, Imperial Avenue--

*Field Marshal Titus look around at the projected screens displaying the battle throughout the city.*

"All right men, let's hit these abominations hard. Our allies have aided us in evacuating most of those uninfected to contained portions of the city. Lieutenant, send word to High Command, authorize the shut down of all heating elements in the uploaded portions of the city. Let's see how these damn things enjoy the fury of Victorian winter."

*Surely unknown to the invaders, and potentially the alien allies, the Districts of Maximus Victor required constant artificial heating in order to make the streets bearable even in heavy clothing. The planet was currently in the coldest portion of its already eternal winter, and woe to those who were unprepared for such a change...*
Last edited by Maximus Victor Reborn on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:20 am

--Imperopolis, Exact Location Unknown--

*Captain Julius was wandering around looking for some sign of life. This portion of the city was covered in have exploded bodies, charred remains, and scorch marks which he couldn't even identify.*

"Dammit, I have to get back to our forces..."

*His wounded leg wasn't going to make the task easy. And then out of no where the lights struck off. Quickly he switched his helmet to thermal vision only to find the heating elements went dead. He had to get out of there...and soon. Spying what looked like a walking alien machine he attempted to cry out before blackness choked him.*

"PLEASE...HE....!"

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:29 am

--Orbital Station Victor I--

"Admiral, I have something on our sensors."

"What is it now more of those things?"

"No Admiral, this is something else. I wouldn't have picked up on it, but you asked for us to use our scanners to light up the most likely arrival and departure routes of enemy vessels, and there appears to be an unidentified craft not engaging in the battle."

"Alien command ship?"

"They appear to be in no way similar to the other enemy vessels."

"Hail the ship, make sure it's clear anyone who is not WITH us, is AGAINST us. I can't imagine any friend of Maximus Victor would watch our boys needlessly die. Give them some time to respond, if there's no answer divert H.I.M.S. Darkness to engage."

*He thought to himself, 'Could this day get any worse?'*

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:58 pm

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:--Imperopolis, Exact Location Unknown--

*Captain Julius was wandering around looking for some sign of life. This portion of the city was covered in have exploded bodies, charred remains, and scorch marks which he couldn't even identify.*

"Dammit, I have to get back to our forces..."

*His wounded leg wasn't going to make the task easy. And then out of no where the lights struck off. Quickly he switched his helmet to thermal vision only to find the heating elements went dead. He had to get out of there...and soon. Spying what looked like a walking alien machine he attempted to cry out before blackness choked him.*

"PLEASE...HE....!"

Lieutenant Dale Chen had seen various skirmishes in the past. He had seen pirates attempt to take hostages, and made sure that his Gun Ru would turn those savages into mincemeat.

Yet, though Command had briefed everyone on the Orz when they first enlisted in the Defense Force, he hadn't expected the Orz to be this horrifying. Still, the Victorian captain staggered towards him, bleeding heavily.

Dale slowly moved his Gun-Ru forward, gently picking up the wounded Captain. He immediately had his Gun-Ru leap towards the nearest field hospital, created shortly after some of the medics in the Drop Pods established a medical encampment.

When the medics spotted Dale and the wounded Victorian, they quickly got the Captain on a stretcher and began to stabilize him.

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:--Orbital Station Victor I--

"Admiral, I have something on our sensors."

"What is it now more of those things?"

"No Admiral, this is something else. I wouldn't have picked up on it, but you asked for us to use our scanners to light up the most likely arrival and departure routes of enemy vessels, and there appears to be an unidentified craft not engaging in the battle."

"Alien command ship?"

"They appear to be in no way similar to the other enemy vessels."

"Hail the ship, make sure it's clear anyone who is not WITH us, is AGAINST us. I can't imagine any friend of Maximus Victor would watch our boys needlessly die. Give them some time to respond, if there's no answer divert H.I.M.S. Darkness to engage."

*He thought to himself, 'Could this day get any worse?'*

Arilou Scout Vessel, Arali'Araleloli (Translation Unavailable)

The two Arilou observers were shocked. They were not cloaked, yet the young ones were observant enough to see them?

Then they received the transmission, and the stoic one was not amused. He submitted a response.

"You summon us, Young Ones? Our vessel is a scout ship. It lacks the weaponry required to hunt *Them.* You are facing one of the blights of the universe: a simple multi-directional x-ray laser beam that is our scout ship's main armament would not be very effective against one of *their* cruisers. *They* seem to be refraining from using fighters at the moment, and our services would be far more practical against swarms of *their* fighters. But frankly, your weapons seem to be doing well enough.

"We can provide you with advice, however: *They* are extremely uncomfortable when faced with cold temperatures. If *they* attempt to rip *themselves* out of one of your own, you can use directed tachyon bursts on an unfortunate individual to force the *animal* infesting them to withdraw. I am unfamiliar with your biology, it is possible that the burst could be fatal, but it is the best way to treat one of *their* infestations.

"If it is your intention to battle the Arilou as well, our warriors would make short work of you. Attacking this scout ship would be an idiotic diversion of your current resources. You have been *seen*, and if you do not want *them* to make *special sauce* out of you, you would be wise to ignore us. Concentrate on your battle. Grow strong."

---------------

Always *Frumple* *Time*, Bridge

The Orz in the *Cow* *Ball House* were stating their concerns. The bitter cold caused some of their own to freeze, yet the *sick* new *rejects* and the Brotherhood *rejects* seemed relatively unaffected. The former would surely know of their *ball house*'s climate. The latter were wearing suits that helped protect against the elements or were otherwise using vehicles of some kind.

There was a *quick baby* scout vessel. The Orz *saw* it, but with the *rejects* *dancing* so *elegantly* it was foolish to provoke the *quick baby*. The *quick babies* were also familiar with *shifting*, the very act that provoked the *cows* to freeze their *house*.

"We should call for more Orz!"

"The *Biggest Boss* might *squish* me! No! That is a Bad Plan! Tell other *metal arms* to *herd* close to us, and we will *dance* as one. If we concentrate our firepower, we can *squish* that *floating metal house*!"

Several Orz cruisers thus lined up together, and in unison fired four metal slugs from their mass drivers, each the size of the Empire State Building, that flew towards the starbase at 0.4 times the speed of light.

Nearby, the *Happy Dancer* exploded violently, a matter-antimatter reaction having spread throughout the innards of the ship. The Orz screamed as they felt the horror of "all hands lost."
Last edited by The Second Brotherhood of Planets on Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Horace Walpole: "The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel."

NS Stats are mostly acknowledged here, but multiply NS pop by 5 to get State Approved total!

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Intergalactic Bulletin:  Alt Human Homeland rediscovered and reclaimed.  Locals 'uplifted' in response to paranormal activity.  Brotherhood delegation invited to mysterious assembly, Mmrnmhrm deployed. More to Follow...

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:17 pm

*Orbital Station Victor I*

"Admiral, Strike Force X's attack was successful. We have no word from them however, and we must assume the other strike forces were lost, the other ships boarded remain intact. We have received response from the neutral alien vessel, on-screen."

"Arilou Scout Vessel, I am Admiral Klaus Rutherford of His Imperial Majesty's Navy. While we see the wisdom in your advice not to engage, let me remind YOU that you are in Victorian space without invitation or consent. You came here following hostile aliens who have cost lives numbering in the thousands. I know nothing of your kind, your values or your opinions, however allow me to make something perfectly clear to you, our technological inferiority does not mean we will suffer trespass and blatant disregard for human life. We Victorians do not value life over death and we are more than willing to enter the Void if it is our time, especially if our deaths will echo across eternity as a mark against your lack of concern. This is OUR system and if you believe you will be welcome to observe the potential destruction of our forces for your own people's strategic awareness at my men's expense without resistance, you're sorely mistaken. That being said I appreciate your advice, and when this crisis is over I expect you to engage in diplomacy with us or leave and never return! Now if you would kindly..."

"Admiral!"

"What is it!"

"Enemy fire directly at us! Brace for impact!"

*Orbital Station Victor I was rocked by the slugs launched by Orz cruisers. While auto-cannons attempted to intercept the slugs, there was no deterring their preset course. The station lit up with explosions as sections were forcibly blown apart, one slug passing directly through High Command's observation room. The station tried to initiate auto air locking procedures as it slowly began to drift apart. The fail-safe upon recognizing the stations imminent loss of orbit initiated and an explosion like none other engulfed the sector passing through two of the three Victorian capital ships and much of the Orz fleet.*

--H.I.M.S Victoria--

*Captain Nihilius watched in horror and gripped the nearest hold as the explosion's periphery battered the already increasingly failing ship.*

"STATUS REPORT?!"

"Captain, we are losing power, the fleet is lost and Victor I is destroyed. We've lost sensors we have no idea what's going on, I have to recommend immediate abandonment!"

"We don't need sensors, Lieutenant. Look out the observation window, see that line of alien cruisers? They destroyed Victor I. Let's take them with us to the Void."

"Aye, sir."

*With that, all power was diverted to the engines as H.I.M.S. Victoria plummeted relentlessly towards the enemy cruisers.*

"Tell the men to arm all of our missiles, launch everything right before we make impact."

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:36 pm

*Field Marshal Titus gaped in horror as Victor I exploded and in an instant the sky became brighter than Maximus Victor had ever experienced. For the briefest moment the entire district was bathed in a light that the streets had never known, only to be settled over by a more terrible darkness, and the still quiet of the dead.*

"Field Marshal...Field Marshal!"

*Field Marshal Titus shook himself back into awareness as he was handed a datapad with orders from the Emperor himself.*

"Initiate Eclipse Protocol."

*As the proper clearance commands were entered, the city rocked as the Victorian Class VI Iron Men launched into orbit. Victorian Class VI Iron Men are individually piloted humanoid ships designed for close combat with melee weaponry and particle cannons. The Iron Men were designed to be 10x the size of a normal man and divided into groups of seven. They wreaked havoc by charging enemy ships, small and fast enough to evade most ship fire, and proceeding to breach their hulls and cause enough damage for the ship to either flee or be destroyed.*

*Clearing Maximus Victor's atmosphere*

"This is Commander Gordon of Dagger Squadron we are moving to engage the nearest alien vessel. Everyone shift to full speed I see one of those abominations craft dead ahead. Watch my back, Dagger 2, I'm going to carve through the center of those blobs."

*Dagger Squadrons lead smashed into the nearest Orz ship and locking its feet in he began to slice through the hull with savage revenge. Daggers 4-7 landed in quick succession and joined their Commander in dismantling the murderous monsters piecemeal.*

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:51 pm

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:*Orbital Station Victor I*

"Admiral, Strike Force X's attack was successful. We have no word from them however, and we must assume the other strike forces were lost, the other ships boarded remain intact. We have received response from the neutral alien vessel, on-screen."

"Arilou Scout Vessel, I am Admiral Klaus Rutherford of His Imperial Majesty's Navy. While we see the wisdom in your advice not to engage, let me remind YOU that you are in Victorian space without invitation or consent. You came here following hostile aliens who have cost lives numbering in the thousands. I know nothing of your kind, your values or your opinions, however allow me to make something perfectly clear to you, our technological inferiority does not mean we will suffer trespass and blatant disregard for human life. We Victorians do not value life over death and we are more than willing to enter the Void if it is our time, especially if our deaths will echo across eternity as a mark against your lack of concern. This is OUR system and if you believe you will be welcome to observe the potential destruction of our forces for your own people's strategic awareness at my men's expense without resistance, you're sorely mistaken. That being said I appreciate your advice, and when this crisis is over I expect you to engage in diplomacy with us or leave and never return! Now if you would kindly..."

"Admiral!"

"What is it!"

"Enemy fire directly at us! Brace for impact!"

*Orbital Station Victor I was rocked by the slugs launched by Orz cruisers. While auto-cannons attempted to intercept the slugs, there was no deterring their preset course. The station lit up with explosions as sections were forcibly blown apart, one slug passing directly through High Command's observation room. The station tried to initiate auto air locking procedures as it slowly began to drift apart. The fail-safe upon recognizing the stations imminent loss of orbit initiated and an explosion like none other engulfed the sector passing through two of the three Victorian capital ships and much of the Orz fleet.*

--H.I.M.S Victoria--

*Captain Nihilius watched in horror and gripped the nearest hold as the explosion's periphery battered the already increasingly failing ship.*

"STATUS REPORT?!"

"Captain, we are losing power, the fleet is lost and Victor I is destroyed. We've lost sensors we have no idea what's going on, I have to recommend immediate abandonment!"

"We don't need sensors, Lieutenant. Look out the observation window, see that line of alien cruisers? They destroyed Victor I. Let's take them with us to the Void."

"Aye, sir."

*With that, all power was diverted to the engines as H.I.M.S. Victoria plummeted relentlessly towards the enemy cruisers.*

"Tell the men to arm all of our missiles, launch everything right before we make impact."

Arali'Araleloli, Bridge

Although the young one's station was hit and crumbled from *their* blow, the scout vessel continued broadcasting its transmission. If communications continued to function throughout what remained of the Young One's military forces, they would have seen or heard the following exchange:

The second Arilou, the one who had felt concern for the young ones, flared in anger at his colleague:

"Do you see what happens when we sit by and allow *them* to torment the young ones at will? However powerful the young may be, *they* have an advantage of experience. If we allow *them* to win in this battle, this will be another system consumed by *their* hunger, by *their* complete disregard for life itself. We are not Shadows, We are not Vorlons. We do not manipulate the younger races and have never claimed to be their parents in any way. But we are also not Metrons, we do not coddle them like a mother coddles her favorite child.

"We are Arilou, we have more sense, and if we consider ourselves wise we must act now. I will summon our Warriors. They will come within hours, but I hope that if you are listening, Young Ones, you must hold out until then. This vessel will continue transmitting all that we know about *Them*, our greatest enemy, the one who has threatened our species with extinction since the moment we met them. We have fought *them* long before your star was born, and we might continue to fight them long after it has gone nova. We would appreciate any help you could provide in this crusade."

Sure enough, the scout vessel immediately broadcasted a distress signal, one that caused the Orz ships to shudder involuntarily as it just so happened to have a negative effect on their sense of hearing.

(OOC: Because even Eldar can be motivated to help the Imperium when Necrons, Chaos, or the Orks get way out of hand.)

------------------

Always *Frumple* *Time*

"The *Quick Babies* will help the *cows* with *dancing*! *Sq-*"

A massive beam of positrons flew from the Llanvabon, and the flag Cruiser of the Orz ceased to exist.

-------------------

Near the remains of the Starbase

The Brotherhood fleet immediately broke formation. The loss of the Starbase meant that the Bro vessels could no longer rely on a large, friendly firing platform that would continue to provide fire support. No, now their ships had to engage the Orz while keeping them far away from the Victorian homeworld. The Orz mass drivers were powerful, but the Brotherhood did not anticipate their ability to annihilate the starbase so quickly!

"We failed in our mission to hold them off!" Goodwinson radioed the planet. "But we will strike them with all that we can muster. They will not find any of us easy prey!" Having fired her ship's superlaser in desperation, the Llanvabon needed time to recharge. Its reactor did not clash with the [i]Llanvabon's[/b] torpedo launchers but there were much less disruptor shots over the next few minutes.

The people of Maximus Victor could watch as streams of light streaked across the night sky. The green lines of positron beams clashed with the yellow particle bursts from the Orz. Eerie red holes opened, visible from the night sky, allowing more Orz ships to emerge and converge on what remained of the Brotherhood fleet and the planet...

"Call for reinforcements, quickly! Even if they won't come for a week, someone has to recover our bodies. Someone has to recover whatever's left of Maximus Victor's civilization... We can't rely on the Arilou..." Goodwinson ordered her men as her eyes widened with each new Orz bogey on her sensors.

Although the noble Maximus Victorian ship attempted to sacrifice itself by ramming the Orz, she would have watched the Orz simply dodge and maneuver away. A tractor beam was emitted from the Brotherhood Seedship, and the Bro vessels informed the Victorians that: "Ramming them wouldn't really work, and there's no need to lose more of your people. We're sending medical teams now, you are all humans, right? Remember that we are many, but humans are part of our commune too. We know exactly how to fix you up."

The fact that the Maximus Victorians had more tricks up their sleeve was heartening: the planet could continue to provide reinforcements, but it seemed that they may not be enough.
Last edited by The Second Brotherhood of Planets on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:42 pm

"Commander! Analysis of the Orz ships shows that there is a weakness among those "tail" looking ends. Slicing through there will make it possible to rapidly access the ship and the crew are soundly at a disadvantage with our weapons at that range!"

"Alright cycle around!"

*With that Dagger Squadron circled around to the rear of the nearest Orz Nemesis ship. Using their particle cannons they blasted into the rear of the ship and proceeded to devastate the exposed interior.*

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:55 pm

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:"Commander! Analysis of the Orz ships shows that there is a weakness among those "tail" looking ends. Slicing through there will make it possible to rapidly access the ship and the crew are soundly at a disadvantage with our weapons at that range!"

"Alright cycle around!"

*With that Dagger Squadron circled around to the rear of the nearest Orz Nemesis ship. Using their particle cannons they blasted into the rear of the ship and proceeded to devastate the exposed interior.*

(OOC: Oh come on, no reaction to the Arilou speech, no reaction to the Brotherhood trying to save your last capital ship, but an observation on Orz military weakness? The plot is more complex than the fight itself! WE ARE NOT ORKS! :D)

Sure enough, more Orz vessels began to suffer damage and disaster at the hands of the clever *cows*.

The *cows* were most *silly*, but the Orz would not be denied.

More mass drivers were readied, and soon multiple pairs of Orz cruisers fired their mass drivers in unison at the Planet itself. Brotherhood point-defense fire could eliminate several shots, but the number, speed, and size (and thus durability) of the large slugs meant that several still managed to endure or evade the field of covering fire.
Last edited by The Second Brotherhood of Planets on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:28 pm

--Transmission to Arilou Scout Vessel--

"Arilou, We speak to you now directly. We are Emperor Maximus Victor, First of Our Name, and We regret to learn of the exchange that has already taken place between your people and Ours, unauthorized by Ourselves. For any presumption or lack of tact, We ask pardon in the name of Our nation. We will not ask pardon for the late Admiral Klaus Rutherford's sake, if he gave offense in his final moments, know that he was a valiant soldier who served nobly for his long life, may he find redemption in the Void. We are grateful for the assistance you provided in your tactical advice; know that it is being put to good use already. It is Our sincere hope that when your brethren arrive you will communicate to them Our desire for cooperation. For Our part, We have the greatest empathy with your desire to remain removed from the events of this system, and with that recognition have all the greater gratitude for your decision to become involved. While Our ability to effectively resist the enemy fleet has been curbed, We are confident in the ultimate defeat of these monstrosities that claim sentience. We hope that no more may come to harm at the whim of those who do not understand the value of life. We hope to meet with you personally at the end of this conflict, if only to show Our appreciation."

--H.I.M.S Victoria--

"Captain, the allied alien forces have released us from their tractor beam. We have redistributed power. Several systems are critically damaged, however our technicians assure us that we are not out of this fight entirely. The remainder of our fighter squadrons which weren't caught up in the blast have been ordered to reform around us."

"Reposition the ship! Fire a salvo to reinforce the Iron Warriors, establish a line of communications with them. Broadcast our new tactical data to all remaining fighters and Iron Warriors. Stay mobile men, keep circling the Orz. Their strength is not in military tactics, and their momentum is nothing more than a freight train. Side step it, and you see how they are set on a course for their own destruction! These are not beings worthy of existing! Relieve them of that burden!"

*The remnants of the Victorian fleet attacked with a new vigor making daring runs in attempt to hit weak points in the Orz vessels. Every ship mattered, every life counted. There was no more reckless fury against the Orz, the Victorians were determined to draw a noose around the Orz, and with the help of their allies, tighten it once and for all.*

--Maximus Victor, High Command--

"General Xavier, we have enemy projectiles entering our atmosphere!"

"Finally, something to try out the big guns. Activate the satellite defenses, and set the SS guns to auto target anything that gets through, NOTHING hits Victorian earth men."

*The satellite defenses combined with the SS guns impacted with the stray slugs that managed to get through the Brotherhood's rapid defenses. The surface lit up as thousands of guns fired both projectiles and gauss weaponry to atomize the attempted assault. After the first barrage was abated, General Xavier deployed drones to serve as obstacles for anything entering the atmosphere. Combined with the Anti-Space Defense Systems, this made the potential marks narrower and narrower for the Orz...*

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

It's the Final Countdown

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:15 am

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:--Transmission to Arilou Scout Vessel--

"Arilou, We speak to you now directly. We are Emperor Maximus Victor, First of Our Name, and We regret to learn of the exchange that has already taken place between your people and Ours, unauthorized by Ourselves. For any presumption or lack of tact, We ask pardon in the name of Our nation. We will not ask pardon for the late Admiral Klaus Rutherford's sake, if he gave offense in his final moments, know that he was a valiant soldier who served nobly for his long life, may he find redemption in the Void. We are grateful for the assistance you provided in your tactical advice; know that it is being put to good use already. It is Our sincere hope that when your brethren arrive you will communicate to them Our desire for cooperation. For Our part, We have the greatest empathy with your desire to remain removed from the events of this system, and with that recognition have all the greater gratitude for your decision to become involved. While Our ability to effectively resist the enemy fleet has been curbed, We are confident in the ultimate defeat of these monstrosities that claim sentience. We hope that no more may come to harm at the whim of those who do not understand the value of life. We hope to meet with you personally at the end of this conflict, if only to show Our appreciation."

--H.I.M.S Victoria--

"Captain, the allied alien forces have released us from their tractor beam. We have redistributed power. Several systems are critically damaged, however our technicians assure us that we are not out of this fight entirely. The remainder of our fighter squadrons which weren't caught up in the blast have been ordered to reform around us."

"Reposition the ship! Fire a salvo to reinforce the Iron Warriors, establish a line of communications with them. Broadcast our new tactical data to all remaining fighters and Iron Warriors. Stay mobile men, keep circling the Orz. Their strength is not in military tactics, and their momentum is nothing more than a freight train. Side step it, and you see how they are set on a course for their own destruction! These are not beings worthy of existing! Relieve them of that burden!"

*The remnants of the Victorian fleet attacked with a new vigor making daring runs in attempt to hit weak points in the Orz vessels. Every ship mattered, every life counted. There was no more reckless fury against the Orz, the Victorians were determined to draw a noose around the Orz, and with the help of their allies, tighten it once and for all.*

--Maximus Victor, High Command--

"General Xavier, we have enemy projectiles entering our atmosphere!"

"Finally, something to try out the big guns. Activate the satellite defenses, and set the SS guns to auto target anything that gets through, NOTHING hits Victorian earth men."

*The satellite defenses combined with the SS guns impacted with the stray slugs that managed to get through the Brotherhood's rapid defenses. The surface lit up as thousands of guns fired both projectiles and gauss weaponry to atomize the attempted assault. After the first barrage was abated, General Xavier deployed drones to serve as obstacles for anything entering the atmosphere. Combined with the Anti-Space Defense Systems, this made the potential marks narrower and narrower for the Orz...*

Somewhere in Orz *Space*

"The *Cows* will not give *sauce*. They are *rejects*."

"Every *Boss* sent to get *sauce* was *squished*. We need to send *Squisher*."

"*Squisher*?! Not even other *rejects* had *squisher*. We rarely send *squisher* after *quick babies*."

"But *quick babies* want to *jump in front*. Orz are needing *special sauce* quite urgently. Send *squisher*!"

------------

Sure enough, the efforts of the Maximus Victorian and Brotherhood forces held. Although the Victorian casualties were perhaps more "obvious" due to the loss of the Starbase, the original 20 strong squadron that supported the Llanvabon now found itself reduced to nine ships flying alongside that great Dreadnought. Still, both bona-fide capital ships, the Dreadnought and the Seedship, were still going strong, fighting to ensure that the civilization of this system would not be destroyed so easily.

The Orz, like many older races, had grown arrogant in their belief of superiority. They, like the Borg, like the Shadows, like the Protoss did not make use of their maneuverability or FTL to great effect, choosing to instead harass their current opponents with hordes of ships. Thus the Orz lost many cruisers to these young inhabitants of a relatively young star system.

Their ships were picked off one by one. Their attempts to bombard the planet ended in failure as these *cows* *elegantly* intercepted their attacks. The Orz were losing.

And, after hours of mobbing the *cows*, the Orz bore witness to another *sick* sight.

As though it simply materialized into this plane, a massive Arilou Dreadnought simply appeared in high orbit above Maximus Victor's world, in the perfect position for three Orz cruisers to simply smash into it, and harmlessly shatter against the ship's hull like flies ramming a bullet train. To the Bros who witnessed the sight, the Dreadnought reminded them of a certain other vessel that infamously attacked the White House in a certain Hollywood film, even if this one was painted light blue:

Arilou Dreadnought *White Star ... Of Judgment*, Bridge (Rough Translation)

The moment it appeared, the massive Arilou vessel sent a wide-area broadcast, revealing the following:

"*You* are *sick* for the last time. We were summoned here by one of our own, only to find another of *your* attempts to consume the younger races. We are not completely certain why we have been summoned, frankly we have witnessed the deaths of other sapients at *your* hands, but considering recent events it is perhaps tactically sound to block your latest harvest today."

The surviving Orz ships simply darted to positions some distance away from the new arrival and the rest of the "allied" forces.

One of them sent another transmission at the Victorian homeworld:

"*Bubbles*, you are seeing *quick babies* *jump in front*. You are misunderstanding the *time* and context. Orz are not make *special sauce* because we are *frumple* with *cows*. What we have here is bad *spitting*! *Quick Babies* have hurt Orz and will trick *bubbles* into believing their lies. Orz are sending real *words* of *times* now:

This new Orz transmission contained images: A certain bipedal feline-like race found itself joyfully walking alongside Orz individuals. The felines are called *campers*, and they receive gifts of gold. After a few years, the felines are directed en masse to large facilities full of glass tubes and strangely designed, misshapen machinery. After entering these facilities, the feline bipeds are quickly converted into protoplasm, with many screams of pain and horror. Afterwards Orz individuals are seen consuming the protoplasm with gusto.

But the next images revealed Arilou vessels of various sizes attacking these gruesome facilities, destroying many of them. There are images of Orz being unable to distribute protoplasm for large segments of the population. Certain Orz individuals begin to shrivel and pale, closing their eyes as death seemed to claim them. Undecipherable symbols, possibly Orz script, appears during the slideshow of dead Orz.

"Orz are *squished* by the billions because we have not enough *special sauce*! *Quick Babies* are cause for this! *Quick babies* are the true *squishers*, not Orz! Orz need to live!...

"But we are realizing that you, *bubbles*, are true *rejects*. You ignore Orz when Orz are *spitting*. We *spit* slowly to let you know that this is last of *time*. Orz are to have *sauce* today: *Quick Baby* *Sauce*, *Reject* *Sauce* and *Bubble* *Sauce*: *Bubbles* being *You*. Our *squisher* is here! Happy Day!"

Behind the surviving cruisers, a giant red portal emerged. And out from that portal something hideous began its descent!
http://movieartprints.com/wp-content/up ... narada.jpg
Last edited by The Second Brotherhood of Planets on Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:35 pm

*Inside Imperopolis miraculously only seconds later...:P*

"Emperor, there's a new development...something is coming out of space itself, we have no idea what it is or what we should do..."

"Launch our untested twin battleships, tells the crews we have no time for any safeguards."

*South of Imperopolis a massive opening begins to appear in the very landscape revealing the hollowed out ground underneath, heavily outfitted in the most modern of Victorian technology. The chasm itself stretches down so far it is impossible to determine the depth from the naked eye. Bulky, black, and with thundering engines the battleships blast towards the atmosphere. These battleships were a new design, contrasted with the former models completely constructed in orbit. These ships were built to punch through enemy defenses and land planet-side as mobile weapon fortresses. The ships had already been colloquially called "The Obelisk" and "The Destroyer". Breaking through the atmosphere, the always ready battle crews still were caught off guard. In the military of Maximus Victor, certainly one grew accustomed to fear, but this was something that was beyond their imaginations. None of the crew had any idea what secrets the universe held where such things were possible as ripping open space from apparent nothingness. Nonetheless, Admiral Bolivar Remann in "The Obelisk" sent commands to target the tentacles reaching out hungrily for the land he loved.*

"Alright men, now most of our weapon systems have been tested, but I won't deny there's some question of maneuverability. That means we're going to do this right and quick we don't want anything done sloppy. I want you to fire our main gauss cannons directly into that breach in space. Tell the destroyer to match us, we're going to blast that devil to atoms. Tell communications to issue distress signal 'Gauntlet'."

*One of the seemingly lifeless rocks in the system burst to life as Craftworld "Alinor" lowered their cloaking technologies and started a course directly for the conflict. Admiral Remann in his first explorations of the system had come into contact with the hidden Eldar and come to an agreement. Their craftworld would remain a secret, even from the Emperor, in return the Eldar promised that they would aid in the mutual defense of their system, a bargain he was happy to see they were going to honor. While Victorians had no experience with the Eldar, he really counted on their ability to help deal with this menace. It would probably be the only way his life wasn't forfeit for holding such secrets.*

*Aboard the bridge of "The Gauntlet of the Phoenix King" Farseer N'yarath moved ahead of the slower craftworld in order to appraise the situation, physically. One of his Seer Council members approach from behind...*

"You knew they would call Farseer?"

"My vision was clear, though I was not the first or the highest to see it. These creatures are not of the Immaterium, they move in such a way that erratically blinds ones vision. Regardless they are a threat to all life. The only reason Farseer Maximo made the bargain with the Mon'Keigh inhabitants of this system was in the certainty that this would have been our annihilation if not united. We have survived since before the Fall, this is not by chance. This alliance was fated, and their defeat is as well, though we may not see it yet. Send the coordinates to the fleet so they understand the enemies placement. Tighten the noose when we're in range."

"It shall be done."

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:21 pm

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:-snip- Eldar (Craftworld Alinor) show up on Team LET'S NOT GET EATEN, Maximus Victor has several new Battleships that can help torture the Orz, and that kind of awesomeness.

BPS Sunrider, Seedship class carrier, Crew Quarters

The Sunrider was the only Seedship sent alongside the Llanvabon, as a colony ship its purpose was to establish new homes for the Brotherhood's people: in some ways the Llanvabon was supporting it. The Commissar assigned to the Sunrider remembered the Webway, and how her people once walked the stars as First Ones when the Humans and other Young Ones were still undergoing the trials of evolution.

Craftworld Saim-Hann, like many Eldar communities, never forgot that they were once First Ones, but had to settle for parity with far younger races.

So when the warriors of Craftworld Alinor appeared, it was as though a psychic shock struck the Eldar crew of the Brotherhood task force.

"Commissar P'linen, what is the matter? I sensed a disturbance with your 'waves'."

The Commissar shook her head. Her thoughts swirled within her mind: "It couldn't be... Our Kin survive in this universe as well? I thought we were the only Craftworld to make it out of the motherverse before its collapse. Alaitoc refused to go, while Biel'Tan cursed us with their dying breaths as "traitors" and "Mon'keigh lovers." And Ulthwe..."

Visions filled her mind, visions of millions of black-vested Aspect Warriors of the Ulthwe Craftworld falling upon the Necron Tomb World of Necris, the very Tombworld that nearly eradicated Saim-Hann in its fury. The Orz Dreadnought that appeared in this battle reminded her of that hideous menace, of a beast so large and so powerful that a thousand packmates could not keep it at bay.

Saim-Hann was too weak to help, and so they watched Ulthwe die.

They fled those doomed stars and came here to escape those horrors, those nightmares, but perhaps the Orz followed them.

But here was another Craftworld: more Eldar, more of the true people. If the Brotherhood taught them that the Younger Races had much to teach, much to share, and much to give in friendship, centuries of inter-Craftworld Eldar cooperation taught them that First Ones were, unfortunately, truly superior to the Younger Races.

And with that, the Commissar waved off her Pkunk friend.

"It's nothing, Prawk' Brawk. Please inform the Captain that we will attempt to contact the mysterious vessels that have appeared."

Prawk's eyes twinkled. "I sense something else in your mind, Commissar. A secret? A revelation? Or perhaps...

P'linen sighed, there was no hiding from a fellow telepath. "A reunion. But no, not a choice. Rest assured, to us the Debt has not yet been fully paid, and so we continue alongside you. You and the Captain can rest assured that my people will not abandon the Brotherhood, even with these new circumstances."

Her heart fluttered as she thought of greeting her kin with open arms and displays of joy, but remembered that Saim-Hann was unlike other Craftworlds for good reason. They were the first to predict the Fall and left before She Who Thirsts consumed them all, and thus Craftworld Alinor might not be so friendly.

"Excuse me." She smiled at her avian friend as she returned to her quarters, in search of a certain pointed helmet and a curious sword:

BPS Llanvabon, Battle Bridge

Captain Goodwinson smiled at the new arrivals from the planet, and this strange vessel that somehow resembled something she'd read in a history textbook about Saim-Hann...

"These new friends of ours have plenty of surprises! The Orz were fools to have chased us here. VX! Tell the fleet to return to formation, we will coordinate a strike with the Arilou on the *Squisher*'s flanks, while our new friends can slam as much ordinance as they can into this monstrosity. Today the Orz will have one less world in their maw!"

And so the Brotherhood task force darted as one cohesive unit towards one side of the Orz monstrosity, while the massive Arilou Dreadnought began to launch several smaller vessels of its own, some of which flew in formation alongside the Bro ships. The *White Star of Judgment* proceeded to hurl itself towards the opposite end of the Bro ship's target, firing a constant stream of yellow beams and, intermittently, large blue balls of antimatter that crashed into the Orz. Disruptor bolts and a steady stream of missiles came flying from the Brotherhood ships as well, hoping to somehow stop the Orz behemoth from reaching the planet.

The surviving Orz cruisers hurled themselves at the *cows* and *bubbles* who refused to give them their world, and though they took fire from the Eldar and the Arilou they felt it necessary to deal with the *squishiest* *cows* first. The *rejects*, *quick babies* and *void jumpers* could be dealt with later. The latter two were essentially First Ones after all, too labor intensive to be good *sauce*.

Outskirts of the System

Another ship, black and spider-like, lurked in the distance, watching the battle with interest. Its crew clipped between each other, murmuring the following:

"The Young Ones will learn to be Strong today. The Eldar, who once had the honor of being First Ones, have learned a little about the dangers of arrogance, but will they learn enough? Perhaps if we help the Arilou today, they will help us in return. But if we act too soon the Young Ones will not grow strong: they will only watch a battle between Gods. No, the Youth must be forced to Learn. The Orz are far too powerful, but maybe they will be humbled today. Soon, soon we will force them to be bashful, but not too soon."

And so the Shadows continued to view the battle from afar, waiting for the right moment to 'convince' the Arilou of their 'sincerity.'

OOC: Essentially Maximus Victor Reborn will be introduced to a variety of the things in this universe that go bump in the night, but the Shadows are perhaps a little more benevolent than that. The Orz on the other hand are a bane of most spacefaring life.

Last edited by The Second Brotherhood of Planets on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:26 pm

--Aboard The Gauntlet of the Phoenix Kin--

*Farseer N'yarath feeling the stirrings on a plane beyond those of the lesser races eagerly reached out to a familiar sensation across the battlefield of space.*

"What is it Farseer?"

"There are Eldar amongst the ships of those aiding the Mon'Keigh of Maximus Victor Reborn."

"But...how is that possible?"

"This is unknown to me. Do you know how it is that Alinor came to be in this galaxy, Seer?"

"No, Farseer."

"Alinor rightfully prides itself on being the first of the craftworlds, built by our ancestors under Farseer Maximo, during the height of our empire for the purpose of trading. The few times over the millennia that they returned to the heart of our empire they were readily observing the decadence of our people. Alinor was the only ship to attempt to push back towards the shockwave of that ushered the creation of She-Who-Thirsts. By that time our vessel had utilized the finest bonesingers to sing forth Alinor into the planetoid it is this day. Farseer Maximo was adamant on attempting to rescue any caches of the stones we use to protect ourselves from She-Who-Thirsts. His vision was that which led Alinor to learn how to safeguard ourselves from the horrific consumption. Our concerns have always been population, culture, and psychic discipline. We did not attempt to cooperate with the other craftworlds, because Farseer Maximo sees the disunity as counterproductive. We invited the other elder to join us on Alinor, and we were mostly rebuffed. The others did not share his vision, and Alinor became invisible to the affairs of the universe. Until finally we were caught off guard by the horrific warp storm that landed us in this very system, where we decided to root. For more than many others' paths of the Seer have we watched these people emerge. Our time in the warp has made it...difficult to determine where we are and how much time as passed. Farseer Maximo in his prudence reached out to who he sensed as the leading official in the space faring faction of Maximus Victor Reborn, and here we stand. We have been waiting for this very attack, this very moment for the Eldar amongst that fleet to extend our invitation. We are not protecting the Mon'Keigh, we are protecting our own blood which is far too valuable to spill."

*The Eagle Bombers gracefully sped out of from 'The Gauntlet' with their Darkstar fighter escorts to close in on the Orz ships, devastating the bulk of the remaining forces. 'The Gauntlet augmented their assault by firing pulse lances at the nearest ships as well as diverting a separate battleship to target the emerging creature from another plane.*

--

*The remaining Victorian forces rallied behind the twin battleships and launched their full arsenal into the space-split, as they were taking to calling it.*

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:11 pm

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:-snipped to avoid excessive post-

OOC: This perhaps establishes the different outlooks the two Craftworlds have towards Non-Eldar. Admittedly Saim-Hann would probably think differently if Necris didn't critically damage their Craftworld and exterminate Ulthwe's craftworld before their eyes.

BPS Sunrider, Meeting Room Gamma

P'linen entered the Sunrider's most prominent meeting room, adjusting her Commissariat hat while her fellow Eldar crewmen slowly and deliberately entered the room. A few monitors in the room turned on, revealing the faces of the various Eldar individuals who crewed other ships and who acquiesced to her request for a meeting. This happened from time to time, even if this was a particularly bad time.

Sure enough, a stern-looking Eldar male who took a seat to her left stared intently at her as the meeting began. He did not look amused.

"What is the meaning of this, Farseer P'linen? Our Comrades are fighting for their lives against a foe that would give the Great Enemy pause, yet you call this meeting and thus take us away from our posts! I have several gunners under my command who had to ask their colleagues under the next shift to take their place in order to come here. Command seems to tolerate this sort of thing, but we may have just forfeited our lives to fate!"

"Autarch Har'dasi, it may have been some time since we addressed each other by traditional Eldar rank as is the way of our people, but do not presume that I have gone mad. I have foreseen our victory, but there are events that I have not foreseen. For the first time in decades we will encounter others of our kind outside of the Craftworld."

"There were others?" Another Eldar male sat up in his chair. "I was under the impression that Saim-Hann was most fortunate to have evacuated from the motherverse in time... In some ways it was Ulthwe's last gambit that provided the distraction we needed to get away from our foes with no casualties."

For a few moments, all Eldar in the room bowed their heads in reverence.

P'linen continued:

"I will never understand the motivations of our kin in Ulthwe, but perhaps they foresaw that at least some Eldar would escape if they were the ones to attack Necris. Be that as it may, there were others who have survived as well. They came in their own Craftworld, no less, and are currently fighting alongside our latest allies against our foes. They seem unfamiliar with the Arilou, which is quite strange, and do not seem as coordinated or well-integrated with their allies compared to our cohesion with our fellow Brotherhood comrades. It is as though they are Eldar from before The Fall, before the various Craftworlds encountered other First Ones and the rest of the monstrosities of the universe. i fear they may have sensed our thoughts as well, and perhaps they know more about us that we would like to believe.

"If we are to retain our dignity in their eyes, if we are to prove that we are indeed fellow Eldar and not, as Biel-Tan was fond of saying, "traitors to our race" and "lovers of Mon'keigh," we would have to convince them of our circumstances and how our way is true. It is a most unpleasant thing to do: many Craftworlds have even gone to war over ideological differences, but it is a distinction we will have to present if we wish to have parity with fellow Eldar. The days when we were First Ones are gone, and to many of our kin our pride remains just as strong as before. It has been our undoing, but to many it has been a source of comfort. We of Saim-Hann have tempered that pride, but we cannot assume that other Craftworlds have as well, look at Alaitoc!"

"Those fools!" Har'dasi growled. "Why didn't they heed our warning and leave with us?! We did not wish to be the only Craftworld who left the motherverse. It is The Fall all over again, Saim-Hann was the first to flee the Crone Worlds before they were consumed, and we were the first to flee the Motherverse before the inter-dimensional rifts collapsed. Not only did we watch Ulthwe valiantly give their lives so that we could live, but we also watched Alaitoc and Biel-Tan foolishly waste theirs in spite. Those idiots in Alaitoc's Seer Council doomed billions of Eldar to die amongst the horrific abyss!"

The other Eldar whispered among themselves. Har'dasi's outburst was one of many cultural differences Saim-Hann had compared to the other Craftworlds. Would this new Craftworld tolerate such displays of emotion? Would they tolerate the fact that Saim-Hann honored The Path of the Toilet-Cleaner and the Path of the Deai-Jay just as other Eldar emphasized The Paths of the Warrior and Leader?

Cleansing Exarch Relo'visa tightened his grip on his ceremonial mop as he began to speak.

"I have cleaned nearly every ship in the Brotherhood fleet, and on Saim-Hann and many Exodite worlds I cleaned every toilet I encountered. These centuries of cleaning have taught me humility, persistence, and the value of meticulous visual scanning. I have seen grime, dust, and biological waste that no other Eldar could possibly comprehend, and with those experiences I know of the horrors that sapient life was never meant to know. My wealth of experience and resolve, however, differs little from the rest of our Paths and all the Eldar of the Craftworlds who take them.

"If this other Craftworld shares the wisdom of our people, then they will see reason. We Eldar are not a numerous race, everyone at this table is well aware of that. We may have saved ourselves from extinction, but the loss of so many Craftworlds and so many Eldar to perfectly preventable causes makes every Eldar life that much more precious. If these Kin, however, demonstrate the same folly as Alaitoc, then we can simply leave our warnings and our advice behind and leave them to fate. Saim-Hann has survived because of our prudence, because of our willingness to absorb new ideas and heed the warnings and wisdom of others. We can only hope that these other Eldar can comprehend our way, and if they do not, if they choose the paths of Alaitoc and Biel-Tan we can disregard them in turn."

"It is indeed humbling that a Cleansing Exarch can articulate wisdom better than a Farseer." P'linen grinned. "It is a pity: If Farseer Linnovian was here she could guide us on the most proper course of action as she guided us out of the crumbling motherverse, but she is back on Braxis: she is too far away. And thus we will have to establish First Contact with this other Craftworld on our own. I expect all of you to represent our Craftworld with the utmost dignity and respect. We are not Alaitoc, we are not Biel-Tan, we are not psychotic warmongers nor are we blinded by pride. We are Craftworld Saim-Hann, the First to see the coming Darkness, and we shall present this other Craftworld with our way, with our relentless Quest for Enlightenment!"

---------------

Orz *Squisher*

The Massive Orz Vessel was battered by the combined firepower of Maximus Victor, the Llanvabon and her Task Force, the Eldar of Alinor, and the *White Star of Judgment*. Yet it was relentless in its approach towards the planet.

But all parties involved would likely detect another object moving to intercept the Dreadnought before it would touch the surface of Maximus Victor's world:

Shadow Battleship Pride of Z'ha'dum (Translation Successful)

The Young were surprisingly powerful. Although the Arilou were assisting them, the Young managed to batter the Orz monstrosity with terrifying effectiveness. If they did not act now, the Arilou would have little reason to heed them.

And so the Shadows intervened.

Their Ship jumped into position in front of the Youngest Race's Homeworld, that race that called itself "Victorian." It was strange that the race resembled that of the Hu-man, but the Shadows believed that Hu-mans were an especially prolific species. The vessel proceeded to face the Arilou Dreadnought.

An exchange of wide-area broadcasts followed as the Orz and Arilou immediately stopped firing at each other or even moving and instead began to rapidly hail the Shadow vessel.

"Hello, Arilou. What do you want?" A Shadow voice clicked across the speakers of the other parties.

"It is you, Shadow. We are well aware of your tricks. Do not ask us what we want, rather, you might ask the Young Ones and Eldar what they want. Or perhaps ask *Them* what *They* want." The Arilou speaker laughed dryly, and perhaps even nervously to certain ears.

"Very well." The Shadow speaker did not miss a beat. The Shadow vessel turned from facing the Arilou to face the Orz Dreadnought instead.

"What do *You* Want?"

The Orz were quick to loudly proclaim their answer.

"*Happy day!* *Dark Babies* are coming to help Orz, yes? Orz are to make *Dark babies* *Campers* many *gifts* if *Dark Babies* are to help Orz get *Special Sauce*. Orz are believing that *Dark Babies* are very good *dancers* and can *Squish* *Quick Babies*. *Silly Cows* are not able to *dance* against Orz with *elegant* help from *Dark Babies*. Orz are even considering giving *Dark Babies* some *sauce* too! So Orz are wanting *Dark Babies* to help *Squish* *Cows*, *Rejects*, *Void Jumpers*, and the very *silly* *Quick Babies*! That is a Good Plan!"

The Arilou, however, were shocked to hear an answer from the Shadows that had not been uttered in thousands of years:

"NO."

And thus the Shadow vessel fired a brilliant purple beam, slicing off one of the Orz Dreadnought's tentacles.

The Orz response rattled the auditory equipment of all the other ships involved in the conflict.

"*HNNNNGGGHHHH*! Orz are to have many different kinds of *sauces* today, then! All these *Cows* are everywhere, across so many *Times*. Even the *Dark Ones* are *Silly Cows!* This is most *Frumple*. Orz are to *dance* with Young and Old, with experienced *Dancers* and clumsy ones too! But Orz are never lose to *dancing*, Orz will make *special sauce* of every *bubble* there is! That is a Good Plan! All you *cows* are to be *squished* today. Happy Day!"

Together the combined fleet of three First Ones and two Young Races slammed against the hull of a Dreadnought built by one of the Oldest and Most Infamous Races in the Multiverse. As the demonic behemoth began to crumble, some of its tentacles lashed out, past the spines of the Shadow Battleship, and struck the world.

In an eyeblink, the lands that the tentacle struck began teeming with Orz.

Both the Shadows and Arilou were quick to hail the Maximus Victorians: "Young Ones! Quickly, you must bathe the area with tachyon particles, it is the best way to drive *them* away... We are busy now, the infestation must be contained with your own efforts! Do this now or they will strike where we cannot attack!"
Last edited by The Second Brotherhood of Planets on Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:47 am

--Aboard The Gauntlet of the Phoenix King--

*Farseer N'yarath watched as the tentacles moved determinedly against the planet itself.*

"The time has come, it is as I've foreseen. The Victorians will be unable to resist these creatures without great effort. They will attempt to seal off the area...they cannot do what is asked of them. What is right? Should we make use of our webway gates on the planet and rush to save the Mon-Keigh who will no doubt charge in weapons blazing? Would that be an aid, or a detriment?"

"Has Farseer Maximo not given his command on the course to take?"

"I have been assured that my choice is the determined course, he said I would not need advisement to follow my own vision. Farseer Maximo sees a vision that encompasses my own and is not one to micromanage. Send the troops to the planet...I will lead them."

*In the northern wastes of Maximus Victor's icy planet invisible webway gates flickered to life spewing forth all sorts of Eldar soldiers and their craft which raced towards the Orz incursion. The fire prisms began to engage the enemy from great range, however their assault was halted by the ferocity of the energy ahead. Farseer N'yarath standing beside his transport was hovering in mid-air channeling the energy of an eldritch storm. The glow was terrible and beautiful to behold and the storm, although short lived left devastation in its wake. Unphased by his display of might, the Farseer resumed the advance of his forces with the cold, determined hand of fate.*

--Imperopolis--

"My Emperor...our satellites report that Eldar have appeared in bulk and are engaging the Orz which have landed planetside! We were admittedly unable to comply with the suggestions of our allies, but we have diverted forces to attempt to battle the Orz. We have sent in the finest combat suits available...we are hoping to salvage the situation before things become to dire."

"Yes...it is well."

*The Speaker looked up nervously only to return his gaze to the ground. It was not like the Emperor to blatantly ignore the fact that webway gates, their presence entirely unknown, were littering Maximus Victor.*

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:08 am

--In Hall of Stones on Craftworld Alinor--

*Farseer Maximo sits in the center of the massive area, attempting to center himself and see more clearly the Path. For multiple millennia he had walked Alinor, and admittedly it was more his home than any world that once resided within the Eldar Empire. He had seen generations born and perish and join the infinity circuit, while he remained. His power was great, and this naturally lengthens the life of the Eldar. But his travel throughout the webway combined with the mysterious circumstances of warp travel had allowed he and his kin to survive much longer than most Eldar. He outlasted them all though, and he had to admit he found himself most comforted in Alinor's collection of all the dead. He was the oldest Eldar on Alinor, perhaps the oldest alive, unless one was to believe the information spouted by the Dark Eldar Asdrubal Vect. He did not come here today to listen to the council of the dead, but rather to listen with them. Listen and see. And he saw souls of Eldar burning bright in this system, though not an exceptional amount he was hopeful. He could not remember the last time he had conversed with an Eldar not of Alinor. This brought him great joy, and fear as he now felt for the lives of these kin.*

"I wonder what relation they will have to us, my noble brethren. Do they remember their heritage...do they know their identity. Or have they fallen like so many others. We will show them the Ways are very much alive. We who have held fast as a bulwark against the erosion of time. How many have sought to destroy our people, our history. Will all of us not work together in the end, the final battle against She-Who-Thirsts? Assuredly they know we stand as one, a race apart, but not broken."

*Psychically reaching across space, Farseer Maximo communicates with the Eldar.*

"Greetings noble children of Isha. I am Farseer Maximo, of the Craftworld Alinor, first of the craftworlds. I cannot impress upon you enough the elation in my heart at finding you my brothers and sisters, and I cannot enough express my wish to speak with you personally. I do not know where you are from, or what circumstances brought you on this Way so far from where we originally hailed...and yet there is no where that you could be expected to be as we are exiles together are we not? I extend to you all the invitation to visit Alinor, walk her beautiful landscape and speak with me that I may know you. This conflict will cease, you will be victorious and we must look to the future."

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:10 am

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:-Snip- Orz, Maximus Victorian, and Eldar ground forces deployed

Pride of Z'ha'dum

The Eldest Shadow clicked angrily, for he recalled the fate of the races that heeded the Shadows and their advice. Some of them did not grow strong, they fell before other predators and were torn apart.

They may have been weak, but it was sorrowful to watch those who trusted you die because of their own failures.

Today the Orz might actually prevail against the Young Ones of this world. Perhaps the Arilou would just see it as a mere defeat, and would scamper off to fight the Orz again somewhere else, but the Shadow Elder did not wish to dismiss this so easily. If the Shadows failed to inspire another race to evolve in time, what use was the Shadow philosophy? Those who succumbed to Vorlon meddling managed to survive, so did that mean that the Vorlons had the correct answer to the truly fundamental question? Should the Shadows start to ask "Who are you?" instead of "What do you want?"

NO! Stifling growth only led to stagnation and ruin! Trials and tribulations helped sapient life become strong. The Vorlons had to evolve on their own too! They were hypocrites, moral cowards, unwilling to accept the fact that people learn by doing and finding answers instead of being told what to do, what to think, how to feel.

It was ironic that the Shadows came to the aid of the Young Ones today, but the Orz were being a bit too difficult to handle for them. If casualty reports were accurate, these Victorians showed promise if they survived this day. It was not wrong to help them.

The Orz were siphoning personnel through the tentacles, so cutting them off would be the optimal solution. The Shadow vessel began to strain itself as it fired multiple beams that sliced through the various tentacles, hacking them off one by one.

Arilou beams and antimatter spheres assisted in this endeavor, as the other consistently First One present quickly understood the Shadow's tactics and objective.

As the Orz Dreadnought was slowly de-clawed, the Arilou hailed the Brotherhood ships:

"Young Ones, it is time. You can lower your shields and assist in the efforts to stop *their* advance planetside. We can handle that monstrosity, and the Shadows will make this end sooner. But our efforts will be futile if the Victorians die today."

And so Brotherhood drop pods and atmospheric transports began to descend towards the planet's surface while the Llanvabon, Sunrider, and their escorts continued firing. By now the Orz cruisers were all gone: it was the *Squisher* that was the last target left.

--------------

To the Eldar of Alinor, the clumsily designed "Fire Prism" and "Falcon" grav-tanks of the Brotherhood would surely be ridiculous to behold. They resembled the beauty of their Eldar counterparts somewhat, and were clearly an attempt by the mysterious Bro Eldar to share secrets with the Mon'keigh, but the former were effective at vaporizing the hordes of Orz infantry with their primitive imitations of the Eldar Prism Cannon.

The Brotherhood "Vipers" were surely no better. Although the Eldar Vypers were developed by Saim-Hann after the Fall, and thus likely unfamiliar to the Eldar of Alinor, their design was clearly Eldar-derived.

But Brotherhood artillery pieces, the airborne and heavily armed Kirov Airship, and the various Dire Avengers and Pulse rifle-wielding Fire Warriors would certainly prove useful at cutting down the Orz from afar. With the help of their friends from Saim-Hann the Brotherhood had mastered Shuriken weaponry, making them comparable to any Shuriken Catapults of Eldar-make!

Together, the allied forces cut down swarms of Orz, and the efforts of the orbiting Shadows and Arilou would slowly cut off Orz reinforcements. Victory was only a matter of time.

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:29 am

*As the combined forces turned the tide of the space battle the Alinor space craft was the first to withdraw back to the craftworld which was still at a safe distance from the heat of the battle, although more than capable of defending itself. The Chief Farseer would suffer no risks to Alinor, nor any Eldar forces as none had been lost in the conflict. This was Farseer Maximo's preferred outcome, entering the battle at a decisive moment and striking without allowing the enemy a chance of reprisal. He knew the forces on the ground might not be so lucky, but the battle fared well and he advised his troops to allow the Victorians to move ahead and take the brunt of the fighting after their arrival.*

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:40 am

*Farseer N'yarath shruiken pistol did not cease as he fired at the foes all too numerous on the field. A warp spider exarch appeared quickly to his side and saved him from a nasty Orz moving on his right that had gone unattended to. He looked upon the Mon-Keigh and could not help but feel pity as they were inadequately matched against the Orz. The Victorians feel in droves attempting to use inferior projectiles against the beasts and fared even worse in melee combat. A contingent of armored humans were faring better, but the loss of life for their kind was marked. More then once he had let a stream of psychic energy fly to save a poor soul from a vicious end, only to watch the human mutilated by other Orz. Watching as a Howling Banshee rushed past as too rapid to avoid pace, she cut through the Orz and shrieked her terrible war cry.*

"All those who oppose the Eldar will fear my wrath..."

*Farseer again concentrated and attempted to summon the power for another blast, his rune wards protecting him and allowing a fuller immersion into the warp. His only goal, to save these Mon-Keigh from their allotted fate which he had seen all too clearly.*

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:47 am

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:--In Hall of Stones on Craftworld Alinor--

*Farseer Maximo sits in the center of the massive area, attempting to center himself and see more clearly the Path. For multiple millennia he had walked Alinor, and admittedly it was more his home than any world that once resided within the Eldar Empire. He had seen generations born and perish and join the infinity circuit, while he remained. His power was great, and this naturally lengthens the life of the Eldar. But his travel throughout the webway combined with the mysterious circumstances of warp travel had allowed he and his kin to survive much longer than most Eldar. He outlasted them all though, and he had to admit he found himself most comforted in Alinor's collection of all the dead. He was the oldest Eldar on Alinor, perhaps the oldest alive, unless one was to believe the information spouted by the Dark Eldar Asdrubal Vect. He did not come here today to listen to the council of the dead, but rather to listen with them. Listen and see. And he saw souls of Eldar burning bright in this system, though not an exceptional amount he was hopeful. He could not remember the last time he had conversed with an Eldar not of Alinor. This brought him great joy, and fear as he now felt for the lives of these kin.*

"I wonder what relation they will have to us, my noble brethren. Do they remember their heritage...do they know their identity. Or have they fallen like so many others. We will show them the Ways are very much alive. We who have held fast as a bulwark against the erosion of time. How many have sought to destroy our people, our history. Will all of us not work together in the end, the final battle against She-Who-Thirsts? Assuredly they know we stand as one, a race apart, but not broken."

*Psychically reaching across space, Farseer Maximo communicates with the Eldar.*

"Greetings noble children of Isha. I am Farseer Maximo, of the Craftworld Alinor, first of the craftworlds. I cannot impress upon you enough the elation in my heart at finding you my brothers and sisters, and I cannot enough express my wish to speak with you personally. I do not know where you are from, or what circumstances brought you on this Way so far from where we originally hailed...and yet there is no where that you could be expected to be as we are exiles together are we not? I extend to you all the invitation to visit Alinor, walk her beautiful landscape and speak with me that I may know you. This conflict will cease, you will be victorious and we must look to the future."

"Warm Greetings to you, Brother! I am Farseer P'linen of Craftworld Saim-Hann, the Seekers of Enlightenment, and my heart bursts with joy at the sight of you! We were unaware that there were other survivors of the Collapse, and our records do not mention an "Alinor." There is an "Altansar" Craftworld, and we were in contact with them before the Collapse, yet when those horrors began we lost contact with them and are ignorant of their whereabouts. We doubt Alinor is Altansar, but we suspect that, indeed, Saim-Hann and Alinor are exiles.

"Your offer is extremely generous, Brother. I wish I could offer you the same, but it would take some time: Saim-Hann is many lightyears away and the webway has been lost to us. Furthermore, we currently deal with a foe nearly as terrifying as the C'Tan. I fear that they must be dealt with before we can meet in person. I sense that your warriors will prevail in this battle, but I wish to help expedite their efforts. My superior, Farseer Linnovian, should be-"

"I am well, Sister, and I agree with your assessment. Our brethren are en-route to your position, but they will take many hours and possibly half a dozen planetary rotations for them to arrive. Brother Maximo, I am Farseer Linnovian, Head of Saim-Hann's Seer Council. I beg you to be patient: I do not like uncertainties such as threats towards my fellows and comrades. Some of my people are currently under threat, and I wish to deal with that threat first and foremost. I truly apologize for this cold reception towards such a warm offer, but we Farseers have our duties to uphold. When the Orz are driven back into the abyss, I will gladly share a drink of victory with you."

OOC: Unfortunately Linnovian is not a particularly powerful psyker in terms of mental combat or telepathy, she has simply been able to foresee events and make good decisions. Note that Saim-Hann's Seer Council is technically divided among two parties.

-------------

As his superiors talked, Autarch Har'dasi listened with gradually lessening interest. How could their fellows withdraw so soon? It was a mockery of duty, an attempt to spit on regal Eldar dignity! Craftworld Ulthwe once saved House Bellisarius, and the latter was honorable enough to give Ulthwe seven coins to pay off the Debt. The Brotherhood saved Craftworld Saim-Hann from Necris, and it was Saim-Hann's duty and honor to pay off that debt. How could Alinor, calling itself "First of the Craftworlds" fail to see the merits of upholding that sacred duty and honor?!

Yet he noted that one Farseer remained on the field with his troops. Such acts demonstrated honor, honor that Farseers like Linnovia and P'linen often demonstrated as well. It was why Har'dasi continued to follow them despite their occasional tactical mistakes.

"General!" An Androsynth crewman rushed into Har'dasi's quarters, with sweat pouring down his face.

"Sergeant BK 201? I thought you were deployed already."

BK 201 saluted. "Of course, sir, but the Colonel in charge of our Liquifier corps ordered me to report to you. He said that as a "Fire Dragon Ex-arch" or something of the sort he felt he had to demonstrate Eldar honor and request permission to engage..."

Har'dasi grinned. "Of course he would. Tell him that he is a fool to ask and that he should strike the enemy immediately and roast them alive. But prepare my personal Phoenix fighter. I will take to the field on this day, and those Orz will pay for what they have done!"
Last edited by The Second Brotherhood of Planets on Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:30 am

--Craftworld Alinor--

*Farseer Maximo was somewhat confused by the response of his Eldar kin. His vision saw the surety of victory in space and on the planet. The alien forces were more than sufficiently handling the remaining Orz abomination, and for their own motives. The presumption that exuded from the forces, excluding the Brotherhood, betrayed their actions. The presence of these two aliens in the system and their casual involvement did not show the guided hand of fate, but merely circumstantial response. Even a vested interested in the Victorians' triumph was merely a demonstration of their perpetuation of that which they believed races should be guided by. This is not why Alinor is here. While the path of war was taken as a last resort, the end was not the preservation of Maximus Victor, who was to say that this civilization even deserved to survive? Although the Farseer was not one to lightly violate his rigid respect for his kind, he sensed even a certain hostility towards the actions he commanded by his kin. Farseer Maximo was not petty however, they did not have his vision and could not understand that in their immersion in the present they lost sight of the future. The battlefield was not here and now, it was perpetual. The Eldar have an obligation laid on them by the crimes of their forebear, his former contemporaries in some cases. Did they not still have loyalty to their own above all else? This was a disheartening, but expected development.

The Farseer's attention was torn by an unmistakable resonance he began to feel, and soon it became clear to him. Perhaps the hand of fate was random indeed and he knew now that they we're all in grave danger...*

*Reaching out to the Farseer currently in charge of Alinor's path*

"Move the craftworld closer to Maximus Victor, put as much space as possible between us and our prior resting location, lest we find ourselves in the path of the vile servants of Chaos."

*As if on cue the immaterium began to swerve and expand wrapping itself aroind the peripheries of the system, inching toward the exits. The intention could not be random, nor could it be darker.*

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:39 am

Maximus Victor Reborn wrote:--Craftworld Alinor--

*Farseer Maximo was somewhat confused by the response of his Eldar kin. His vision saw the surety of victory in space and on the planet. The alien forces were more than sufficiently handling the remaining Orz abomination, and for their own motives. The presumption that exuded from the forces, excluding the Brotherhood, betrayed their actions. The presence of these two aliens in the system and their casual involvement did not show the guided hand of fate, but merely circumstantial response. Even a vested interested in the Victorians' triumph was merely a demonstration of their perpetuation of that which they believed races should be guided by. This is not why Alinor is here. While the path of war was taken as a last resort, the end was not the preservation of Maximus Victor, who was to say that this civilization even deserved to survive? Although the Farseer was not one to lightly violate his rigid respect for his kind, he sensed even a certain hostility towards the actions he commanded by his kin. Farseer Maximo was not petty however, they did not have his vision and could not understand that in their immersion in the present they lost sight of the future. The battlefield was not here and now, it was perpetual. The Eldar have an obligation laid on them by the crimes of their forebear, his former contemporaries in some cases. Did they not still have loyalty to their own above all else? This was a disheartening, but expected development.

The Farseer's attention was torn by an unmistakable resonance he began to feel, and soon it became clear to him. Perhaps the hand of fate was random indeed and he knew now that they we're all in grave danger...*

*Reaching out to the Farseer currently in charge of Alinor's path*

"Move the craftworld closer to Maximus Victor, put as much space as possible between us and our prior resting location, lest we find ourselves in the path of the vile servants of Chaos."

*As if on cue the immaterium began to swerve and expand wrapping itself aroind the peripheries of the system, inching toward the exits. The intention could not be random, nor could it be darker.*

:)

Saim-Hann Craftworld, Hall of the Seer Council

"Brother Maximo, this is Farseer D'vorkak of Craftworld Saim-Hann, Second Speaker of the Saim-Hann Seer Council. Linnovian does not speak for all the Eldar of Saim-Hann, but we do value her council. While she and her subordinates deal with the Orz, who I will concede are a blight upon the universe, I will be glad to meet with you. However, as Farseer P'linen has revealed, Saim-Hann has an unfortunate dilemma. The Webway is lost to us, and these engines we have acquired from others, particularly the Mael-Num of Beta Hygea, are our main method of interstellar transportation. It will take us several planetary rotations to reach you. Linnovian is more concerned with the plight of the Mon'keigh, and with the advancing Hordes of The Great Enemy, but we will not dismiss our Kin so easily. I hope to meet you in several hours!"

----------------

BPS Sunrider

Commissar and Farseer P'linen was suddenly struck by a vision, one that she had been somewhat ignoring.

"It is as I feared. They are already here, but I have my duty, and I cannot shirk from it. I wonder if the Arilou know they are coming as well, no doubt the Shadows are more than well-informed of the plots and treachery of Tzeentch. He can send as many Thousand Sons as He wishes, but we are Eldar. We do not cower in fear! Tzeentch may have come to gain the spoils of our conflict, but he will flee when he faces our resolve!"

Pride of Z'ha'dum

The presence of a growing warp storm had the Elder Shadow rolling his eyes. "Should I tell them to leave? Their presence is unwarranted. We need the Arilou to be calm so that they will listen. If the Sly One is here, the Arilou will not be calm, and may even lash out. If The Sly One ignores us, then they will lose the support of the Shadows, and that will reveal His weaknesses to their potential victims. The Sly One is a fool if he forgot the importance of timing."

White Star of Judgment

Two Arilou on the bridge began a discussion as the Warp Storm began to form.

"First The Ancient Enemy, then The Legions of the Mad. I cannot understand why the Vorlons and to some extent the Shadows would willingly put themselves in such precarious positions, where one places himself in the path of horrifying foes for the sake of the Younger Races."

"We do not want the Orz to succeed, and surely they do not want Chaos to consume their prizes. The Forces of Chaos must be incredibly deprived if they would even consider attacking a force of the Arilou, Orz, and Shadows. Yes, there are Young Ones here who are vulnerable, but we First Ones do not go gently into that dark night so easily."

"I don't share your optimism, brother. I think we should withdraw once the Orz are convinced that they will not earn a meal today. The Shadows are clearly not trying to hail the incoming demons, that may mean that they themselves don't really care or, worse, are unable to convince the Demons to leave. We should not put our lives at risk for much longer than necessary. The Eldar themselves have begun to withdraw and separate themselves from the battle!"

"It is a pity. The Young Ones of Maximus Victor are a tenacious species. But sometimes tenacity isn't enough."

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Maximus Victor Reborn
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Maximus Victor Reborn » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:12 pm

--Aboard the Chaos frigate "World Tearer"--

*Chaos Lord Alphonsus Trask of the Word Bearer's legion swiftly made their way through the growing breach between his home in the warp and this universe.*

"All those in this system hear me. We are the Word Bearers, and I, Chaos Lord Alphonsus Trask am hear to bear the word of Chaos Undivided to all of you. Know that you have been chosen to witness the instrument of the united will of the Dark Powers who seek to spread their influence to this realm. You are all welcome to join us, I sense many different races here and know that Chaos comes for you all. Embrace the power of Chaos or embrace your own destruction. There is no middle ground here."

*A Chaos sorcerer approached Lord Aphonsus on the bridge of his vessel.*

"My Lord, the Eldar have constructed webway gates to the furthest planet in this system. The webway in this universe is simple and unprotected as the warp grows in this system encircling their passage. If you allow me to make the proper sacrifices I can easily breach their system and travel onto their planet and into their ship."

"Do what you need to do, begin now, we will not wait for a response. They will join in the slaughter if they are willing. Do not invade the Eldar craftworld just yet, they may be expecting us. Concentrate all your effort onto the planet."

*The Chaos Lord was very pleased with the task set before him. He needed the opportunity to earn the favor of the Chaos Gods. They had blessed him in this venture, and if he increased their influence here he was certain they would reward him with a daemonic princeship of the planet from which he could launch other black crusades. He would be the arm of Chaos in this realm and rise higher than any before him! Chaos cannot be denied!*

--Aboard Alinor--

*Chief Farseer Maximo, speaks from the Hall of Stones*

"Noble Farseer D'vorkak, I am pleased to meet another lost upon the path of the Seer. I had many friends amongst Saim-Hann in an age past, now joined to your infinity circuit no doubt. We took it upon ourselves to make several trading ventures together in some of the most hostile regions of space, although we never saw major combat together. It is rare that two craftworlds move together, but not unheard of in our time. I looking forward to sharing tales of travel with you and learning of your endeavors. I trust you will understand, no Mon-Keigh may set foot upon Alinor. This is a precaution as much as a preference, especially until we speak with our own about the others in this system. I am anxiously awaiting your arrival."

*Turning his focus to the guiders of "The Gauntlet of the Phoenix King"*

"Destroy the gates within your vessel. Send word to the surface that the webway is no longer be safe, they are stranded on that world for the time being. I will not abandon our kin to their fate. Tell them I will come to their aid as quickly as I may."

--The icy surface of Maximus Victor--

*As the majority of the Orz were vanquished or fading, Farseer N'yarath breathed a sigh of relief.*

"Farseer, we are victorious." said a Guardian.

"Yes, but this is only the first trial, and the easiest. Tell the others to establish a perimeter around the webway gates. You, there! Tell our Mon-Keigh allies that the vile forces of Chaos descend upon this planet and they will come through that very gate! Everyone with me!"

*Rushing into his falcon transport, the group attempted to rush to their former point of entry. Hoping he would not arrive to find their base camp overrun by the Great Enemy...*

--Inside Imperopolis--

*The Black Hand lie slain in the center room, with the Emperor standing alone. The Silencers had left the room to further secure the palace. An attempted coup, at the moment of their victory. Emperor Maximus Victor I had dealt with much in his long years, but the long and costly battle with the Orz, the arrival of the multitude of aliens, and this new threat his advisors had presented him with were too much. A threat who's very ideology changed the material world? Surely this chaos was an abomination, and something he could not even sense. Was the taint within his own people already? How long did such a thing take? A voice whispered in his mind...*

"You were right to slay them, they were challenging your rule."

"I don't know who you are, but your presence in my mind is unwelcome."

"I am a friend, I assure you the only one you have in this system rife with the alien filth that so inhabits the skies above your planet. How will you resist them when all your *named* enemies are defeated? Tell me "Emperor" why is it you kill who they say, jump when they say, die when they say?"

"We Victorians are acting on our own in our own interest."

"Was it your own interest when your people were inhabited by the Orz? Tell me what casualties have your allies suffered in this incident? Who bears the brunt of this weight...I would not even be so sure they did not bring the enemy here themselves. Fleeing their own problems and making them your affair...how fitting you would clean up for them."

"I AM NOT A TOOL OF ANY ALIEN!"

"Oh I would hope not, such is far beneath the dignity of men. You have a history unbeknowest to you, Emperor. But I can share it with you, I know the secrets of the origins of your people before the earliest days on this rock you've carved an existence out of."

"Depart from me now!"

"Oh of course, you have much to consider...we will meet again soon."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents