NATION

PASSWORD

Come all from Far and near the Galactic Fair. (Open FT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Come all from Far and near the Galactic Fair. (Open FT)

Postby The Fedral Union » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:39 pm

The azure colored sky above the planet was mostly clear, what overcast it did have was made up of a pattern of white and fluffy clouds that almost seemed like cotton balls. The indecent and soft yellow hue of Neo Sols radiant energy bore down upon the vast scape of Union City.The center of its mass, was an island that resided between the fork of two rivers which separated it from the mainland on three sides. It bristled with with glittering towers of meta-glass and metal ; that were intermingled with older neo-art-deco style spires of all shapes and sizes, vast and heavily forested avenues cut through large clusters of buildings as if they were valley's slicing through canyons or mountains, these crisscrossing avenues and free ways were the very arteries and vanes that kept this beating heart buzzing and throbbing with activity. Without Island county the capital of the Terran Alliance wouldn't be recognizable to many with its iconic skyline. Union City was one of the premier centers of the galaxy reflected in the mosaic of cultures and people that had settled with in the city from across the universe. Housing the supreme allied headquarters and the mass media center of a considerable section of the galaxy

Yet the Island in all its glory was today ; not the center of affairs, a lesser county of the city- one the all too familiar rectangular and domed shaped complex known galaxy wide as Galactic Headquarters faced upon from its perch from the island county riverfront that would be the center of things. Kings county, was itself bristling with similar skyscrapers and spires upon its coastline to the island , some mirrored the size of sister buildings on the island yet many others were smaller how ever , they still presented their own awe inspiring views.

Moving east out toward the sea-the land mass that made up kings county was patterned with smaller low rise and mid sized buildings, amongst them just like on Island country vast forested and flowered avenues weaved through the ubran-scape; the counties large tracts of park space and elevated maglev lines where clearly its defining feature.

Kings county out of all of Union city with a population of forty or so million aliens, humans, and AI’s, housed two quarters of the capitals populace. Situated near the center of the large county just south and east to New Laguardia Starport surrounded by multi-lane freeways and serviced by two elevated maglev lines was meadow park. The cities engineering achievements , and by consequence many of the marvels of the Terran alliance that were a mainstay and depiction of the civilized galaxy was the galactic fair; the echoes of sky cars and the buzz of ground cars , the park itself was sculpted quite marvelously and as its name suggested it was made up of vast terraces and sloping grasslands, botanical gardens lined the east side near east holmes.

A large amount of land near the center of the park and consequently near a section of the main canal running the length of the county had been assigned for various marvelous exhibits. On the west end of the canal various Terran Exhibits seemed for now to dominate the scene , complexes of Romanesque buildings and meta glass atrium's; spherical and dome shaped structures containing utterly different environments or landscapes, micro climate laboratories with their own weather modification systems. These were all part of the Terran theme of progress and technology, but they were coupled by sohjinian exhibits paying homage to their ethereal bonds and lines of life, Tor-emulan dragonic idols cast in a bronze like material and engraved with intricate details in glowing sunsilver and alabaster rose over Ixcumanian bazzars and food vendors, the camanoid biblioteks floating above patches of grass force ways and grav lifts connecting them to the ground were, amongst the few examples of the Alliances grater culture. So many worlds and species.. Human and nonhuman alike joined in common brotherhood, and they welcomed anyone who might joined them for this week.

The wind gusted from the north, it was a luke warm breeze that brought comfort and a soft touch to the skin of those reveling in the wonderful day. The mayor of Union City ; Henry Franklin, recently elected as a liberal candidate- beating out the local federalist by a landslide, arrived in meadow park in a jovial mood. His motorcade was surrounded by press drones, journalist from across the galaxy and a mass of citizens some of which formed a large circle around his airlimo. The young smooth shaven mayor with brown hair and green eyes dressed in his well made blue suit with a black tie, looked out of the ground limo as it came to a stop near the stage from whence he would be speaking from.

“You know John; its days like this I love..Its so nice out, I can never be cooped up on a ship.”

Franklin said with his face plastered with that smile so common to those in politics, John Feryim.. A Sohjinian by birth looked at the mayor his blue eyes glancing at him curiously, the orca like being with his black and white rubbery skin and dorsal fin in back replied in an attentive way.

“Like your father, Henry?”

Franklin looked back nodding a bit, he sighed softly pausing before he activated the door release mechanism.

“‘Yeah, he always told me about how great it was to be free out there among the stars.. I don’t get that though, sure you go to other planets but.

.Nothing like this.. I’m not just saying that because I love the attention either.”

Feyrim nodded a bit, he chuckled letting out a small characteristic click and squeak. Franklin stated just as his hands pressed softly against the release buttons.

“Well, show time old friend.”

The sohjinian nodded they both put on their best politically oriented facades. They stepped out of the ground limo , the photo forms, men women and drones of the UCPD in their navy blue livery and uniforms were holding some admirers and, critics back, it was usual the air was gusting slightly brushing across Franklins hair and Fryiams rubbery skin. Fyrim was mute smiling as Franklins waved and lead him on to the stage. Franklin wasn’t the only one going to give a speech, President Jessica Galloway already on her way from the capital district was set to be a keynote speaker. By virtue of being mayor of the most powerful city in the Alliance he was going to share in the limelight . With other delegates and diplomats attending it was going to kick off two weeks of celebration .
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:39 pm

Tag

Furry Alairia and Algeria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:15 pm

TBE, To be edited
In memory of Dyakovo - may he never be forgotten - Дьяковожс ученик

I do not reply to telegrams, unless you are someone I know.

Dyste
Minister

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dyste » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:11 pm

OOC: Yeah, TBE here as well...
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
DRACONID AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!
MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF CLAWS AND FANGS
Embassy Program
Rulers: King Tyroth, Queen Sarisa, Prime Minister Zihark Jemson
Capital: Valitora
Government Type: Semi-Constitutional Monarchy
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
Founded: Early 15th century
Tech: Lower-tech fantasy (can RP with PT/MT)
Canadian, fan of Video Games (Nintendo in particular) and Tabletop RPGs.
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Dead Snow
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dead Snow » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:44 am

The Terran Alliance;
Union City;

CJ, or as he was lesser known, Chutg Jokle, wandered throughout the tree lined streets. He looked up at the sky, taking in the hover cars and the maglev lines. He had only lived in Union City a few weeks, but had secured himself a job. Sure, he was only washing pots; but you have to start somewhere. He had hopes of becoming a renowned chef, so he was in the right career. His meandering had a purpose though, he had pulled a sickie off work. Shameful, but he just had to see the Galactic Fair. Chutg was meeting a friend there, he had moved to Union City with her. Purely platonic, they were both escaping troubled pasts. Chutg had had a real problem with prescription meds. Olivia, on the other hand, was trying to escape a certain reputation she had back home in Dead Snow. He past wonderfully tall buildings fronted with what looked like crystal. He watched in wonderment as the buildings went past.

"Your late, Chutg." Olivia Hutfs was already standing on the other side of the road, opposite the Fair as Chutg walked up to her. He took one last drag on his cigarette and dropped it into the gutter. "Yeah, yeah. I had to pick up a pack of smokes. Want one?" He withdrew the pack from his teal coloured bomber jacket, flipped it open and offered Olivia one. "Sure. Cheers." She took the offered cigarette, lighting it and taking a long drag. They both turned to face the fair, watching as VIPs arrived and did their political dance. "Urgh. That was the one good thing about Dead Snow. None of this political showmanship. Things are never this big a deal back home." Olivia snorted while Chutg laughed. "Sure, but we'd never have something like this." She finished her cigarette, throwing it into the gutter, she was aiming for his butt; but missed and it bounced under a passing car. "Your aim was always terrible. Come on, lets get in there!" The couple dashed across the road, dodging two cars as they beeped in anger at the carefree couple. They entered the large park, gawping at the strange species they can see. They gawped at a lot, the alien plant life. The advanced technologies on display and in use around them. They wandered throughout the fair, making notes of which stalls and exhibits to come back and see properly. The botanical gardens were calling out to Olivia, so that wluld be on the list...

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:54 pm

OOC: Looks interesting, I'll see if i can get a post up later today.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Return to International Incidents