NATION

PASSWORD

Don't tell me about boredom. (FT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Don't tell me about boredom. (FT)

Postby The Fedral Union » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:08 am

The feeling of a foreign thought process, logical , cold yet ever evolving and in the end warm and embracing, began to fuse itself with the collection neurons that made up the brain of Captain Alfred Shelleac. His training and many hours practicing the art of interfacing rendered the event second nature. While This union of AI and biological sapience on was only now becoming available on a wide scale upon the vessels of The Terran Alliance. It was now just more faced involved in a transmission between machine , metal and mind ever weaving an exponentially more complex attach. This rendered Shelleac's mind just one more intricate cog in an ever winding machine, but this cog was intelligent and fully aware.

He was a middle aged man, with light brown skin and brown hair, his eyes were a common shade of brown and he was tall in stature. Shelleac had been involved with star command since his mid twenties, now sometime in his thirties after having made his way up the ranks to command a star ship he leads the crew of the GRV Enceladus SSC-17 in to that great unknown expanse known as the universe.

“So I see the finally sent us directed orders..”

Shelleac said in a mundane and dry tone, he sunk in to his chair slightly hands firmly upon the armrest and the fingers of his right hand clasping against interface grooves, those grooves formed depressions at the end of the black plastic like material that made up the rest. The AI of the GRV Enceladus , replied with a slightly nonchalant inflection his accent was clearly a mark of someone from an inner city.

“yes-well its more of an implied set of orders for a lead .. Captain, we might as well check it out; what else do we have in store aside from training drills?”

Shelleac considered the question, it took no time at all for him to come to the logical conclusions that they were wasting no time in diverting from their current “mission”.

“It beats system hopping any day.. Whats the deal with this thing then?”

Shellec replied his mood still less than enthused, weather they changed course or not they were moving from system to system chasing signals from “intelligent” life. Enceladus replied with a mild tone to her voice.

“A probe from the Orion detected some hot spot of activity, they think its a good lead. The Orion did have time to investigate. Something about a rendezvous several sectors back toward home “

Shelleac was not the only Terran interlinked in this fashion, his executive officer Samantha Ilon and various other officers. Samantha was younger but not by much, she had long lustrous blonde hair brown eyes and a lithe form. She sat there listening to the instant exchanges between Shelleac and Enceladus; chiming after a short time.

“I'm the last person to complain, but sitting here is bound to kill me due to lack of activity.”

Shelleac smiled.

“Right, so lets go toward that star system.”

The Enceladus, with its angular and sleek form oh so common with Terran ships, banked away from its current course. The warping of space and time pushed it to one side, all seven hundred and eighty or so meters came to a rest in an instant. Space and time in-fornt of the ships began to warp and distort; this signified the opening within a time frame so infinitesimally small as to be immeasurable of a wormhole, the flash of light accompanying the violent trashing and birth of this wormhole was so great that space itself in a sizable area around the even was in a state of complete white out. The mouth of this portal was agape it lead in to the infinite dimension of hyper space where matter, energy and the other fundamental forces of reality intersected. The ship and its grey plated hull, slipped in to this realm, a realm that some savage and pre-modern beings could find completely mystical like a concept of heaven and earth. The bridge to the normal universe closed behind the ship, and it was now awash in a cascade of color in an aura that trailed off behind its spatial fields and angled form in to the ethereal void of hyperspace.

Shelleac and the others sharing an expanded awareness in their interlinked state, could see through the perceptive sensors of the ship, the waves and tides of color and hyper space in every bit of the spectrum before their eyes, were projected as images and streams of information in their minds. Every nook and cranny, crevice and fold of space time, and this other space was emphasized, dissected for every micro byte of information and short of gods themselves fully perceived by both man and machine. Enceladus reported after a while within flight, the ship was nearing system D-918.. Delta sector.

“So far this doesn’t look like any kind of shadow or misinterpretation of data, there is an intelligent civilization there all-right. Long range scanners are sure as hell about that.”

Ilon replied with a snarky comment.

“Lets hope they're not your friendly neighborhood aberrations... Or worse..”

Shelleac blinked he sat back on his chair, switching with an instant in his mind between the visuals for everyone else, the outside of the ship and the continually updating datastreams from the long range scanners

(sarcastically )

“You're too negative.. Besides.. Whats the worst hat could happen out here eh? We get infested by Rehast?, what did a little patheogen ever do anyone. It'll be good for us!”

Ilon chuckled and shook h her head, she frowned a bit in a feign of displeasure. After a moment she said aloud and quite casually.

“I'm sure they'll love to have you, as for these people... Whom or what ever they are, lets hope they don't have a taste for exotic sapience.”

Shelleac shrugged, he crossed on leg over the other.

“If they were, they'd be disappointed in Commander Kerion and lieutenant Niloin. I'm not sure no offense to you two, that sohjinian skin as rubbery as it is and ixumanian scales as they are. Would be easy on the stomach, of course this is assuming they work on human conventions. Which in hindsight need not apply in a realistic fashion , so your screwed.”

Shelleack referenced the two officers, his chief engineer and scientific expert. It took a short time, b ut the strike cruiser burst in to the star system; well enough away from the inhabited worlds some ten in number along with their satellites, another intense flash of what uncivilized worlds would view as divine light the maw and wormhole from that infinite dimension with all its tidings and currents parted space and time. Out shot the Enceladus, it came to a crawl its form stopping several hundred meters from the wormhole that by now , died away as suddenly as it came about. The ship came to a crawl, the sensors of the ship focused and scanned reality and matter. The tendrils of Enceladus and her eyes reached out thus the fabric of any matter, space time and so forth was probed within a range and certain capacity by these omniscient and pervasive eyes.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Saestea
Senator

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:43 am

Asgeirian I.D.C Agent Kjell Sommerfeldt padded down the corridor leading to the bridge of the Enceladus. He wasn't intending to join the Terran crew on the bridge, he just wanted to see what they were doing now, after they had warped to the target system. At 25 years of age, Kjell was one of the most trusted members of the I.D.C. They sent him here to protect a young Triteian biologist by the name of Sakari Savela. The Triteian biologist was even younger than Kjell was, at the fresh age of 17. Why the Scientific Studies Department would trust such a young member of their organization Kjell would never know. But according to the director of the I.D.C, the youngling was a genius at his work and rarely ever made a mistake.

Kjell went down onto all four of his legs and slunk up against the bridge doors. Without pressing his ear to the door, he listened. There were moments of sarcasm and jokes among the crew, but they were serious about getting this job done. He had not yet met them personally, but he planned on socializing with them later, when he had the time. After having done what he'd come here to do, Kjell walked off, twitching his nose and his ears. He was headed back the way he came, looking to check on the scientist, who he'd not seen in quite some time while on this trip.

Back on the ground, the young scientist seemed overly enthusiastic and more than once shook both of Kjell's paws. He shrugged it off as a youngling just being... A youngling. Though a well-known scientist among those of his league, he was unpredictable and cub-like. But nothing much to worry about at this point because he hadn't caused any trouble to Kjell, or the Terran crew. Yet.

When Kjell returned to his and the young Triteian's room on the ship, he found him tinkering with some capsule-like object. Inside the glass casing was a chunk of something that glowed blue. It was Pasithellium, of course. The element corrosive to most species out there except for Lelivans. The one that powered all of their equipment. Everything ranging from massive warships to small communication devices. Kjell's first thought was to confiscate the gadget, but it seemed harmless at the moment, especially in that capsule.

He startled the youngling by speaking suddenly in his deep, yet calm voice. "What are you doing with that, Doctor Savela?" he asked, taking a step towards the youngling in his chair.

After regaining his composure, Sakari sighed and responded quickly and simply.
"I want to see exactly how efficient Pasithellium is."

The agent shrugged and turned around, leaving the doctor to his business. He stepped in front of the vertically placed mirror and looked himself over. Many in the I.D.C wondered how much Kjell actually weighed. He was slender and very agile. The black bodysuit he wore clung to him tightly, and it almost looked like it was his skin. That is, until he took it off, of course. His fur was a shiny silver in color. A thin black stripe began from his nose and reached down to the tip of his tail. His eyes were bright blue with his irises lined with white.

Sakari glanced back once at the Agent, wondering why exactly he'd gone quiet. Suddenly embarrassed, he went back to what he was doing upon seeing the older Asgeirian changing. He was putting on another kind of bodysuit, made specially for I.D.C agents. It had a light blue lines running down across it where the zipper was, along Kjell's arms and legs, and around his ankles. He placed a belt around his waist as well. It had a holster for his handgun, some grenades, a small emergency medical kit, and a Tactical Computer. Once the agent was done and was heading out, he placed a paw on Sakari's shoulder.

"Don't think I didn't see you look, doctor." he said monotonously, a hint of a snarl in his voice.

"Y-Yes, of course... Major Sommerfeldt." Sakari stammered nervously, dropping his tiny screwdriver onto the desk.

Satisfied that he'd frightened the youngling for peeking, Kjell grinned mischievously, tightened his grip on the doctor's shoulder for a moment and released. "I'm heading out, doctor. Don't ask where I'm going." he told the youngling firmly, striding away and out of the room.

Shaking his head, Sakari sighed and returned to his work. This trip wouldn't be as easy and as enjoyable after all...
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Return to International Incidents