NATION

PASSWORD

The Great War of the World( Closed; CAS Only RP)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:20 pm

Brovarria wrote:
Equalsun Empire wrote:Zai Jian put on his best warm smile, shaking his head sadly. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that will not be possible; our emperor has already made an investment in its future, so to say," he declared, showing a thoroughly vague map of Equalsun Empire troop movements. "However, we would very much like to bury the hatchet, as you say; would your nation be content with free trade and the protection of our nation? It's the least we can give in return for all the lan- I mean, in return for your friendship."

I want one stronghold left near old Brovarria, lets say the capital of Tokyo, and that is all. And the nation of Brovarria welcomes free trade and protection, however, i need some land in that country.

"I'm sorry, but we cannot give you the jem of Japan; not controlling Tokyo would hurt our political power base in the country. However, we will allow your country control of Hiroshima, the largest city in the Chugoku region. Will that satisfy you?"
Spirit Animal of Castle Crashers

Quick link to my horrifically messy factbook.
Awarded the Honourable Epicness Award for Persuasive Nuclear Weapon Placement 2015

Dogs of War wrote:While the motto of the British SAS is "Who dares wins" the motto of Equalsun's SAS is "Who cares who wins?"

The Great and Kawaii™ Ella wrote:As much as I love Stellaris, video games are a magnet for powerwankers, and when the AI beats them too hard, they come over to II and P2TM and take their anger out on us.

So I got into am currently in a name-calling contest in a flag rating thread...

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Tarazed
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tarazed » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:00 pm

V0LTRIS wrote:The vacation was nice... President Abhay Anit returned from his vacation to his newly acquired territory of Pakistan. He has been visiting to learn the ins and outs of the people who lived there. Their problems, their hopes, their dreams. All, he thought, achievable. One little girl had told him all she wanted was a place to live with a roof over her head. She was adopted by one of his political team members on the spot. The progress was slow but at least it was moving forward. Pakistan looked like it would be able to thrive, eventually, after all.

Economy:

Abhay was saddened by the news that the Tarazed sanctions had not been lifted, and instead a new sanction from the miniscule government of Norga had been added. Oh well, he thought surveying India's bustling capital. I warned them what would be coming.

To: Tarazed, Canadien Hunsha, The Norgan Alliance

The sanctions and threats sent to us cannot go unpunished. We, the Republic of India, are placing economic sanctions on each of your nations respectively. We hope that these sanctions, as well as the sanctions applied by the Chinese Empire, will deter you from continuing with this kind of behavior.

President Abhay Anit

President Anit was satisfied. With the economy doing better and better each day, he decided to put more money into the future wellbeing of the Republic. He decided to focus on rebuilding the agricultural production of Pakistan by rebuilding canals and building a larger network of water piping. Next, he planned for several more factories to be erected to increase the production of steel and other building materials. The first new set of factories and dry docks had finally finished and new plans went underway to build trade ships and steel as well as military ships and tanks.

Finally, following in China's footsteps, President Anit decided to begin sending shipments of weapons to the enemy of his enemy, SFE. Hopefully, these weapons would not only help SFE take control of Venezuela, but also create a very strong relationship with them.

Diplomatic:

The transmission from Emperor Xi was unexpected but President Anit was thrilled none the less. Burma AND the Philippines? Fantastic he decided. Abhay sent several political teams to take peaceful and diplomatic control of the two nations, along with several hundreds soldiers to make sure the progress ran smoothly. The citizens of Burma and the Philippines were thrilled to join the R.o.I and they were given instant citizenship so they at least felt like they had democratic power.

Speaking of which, the parliamentary vote was coming up soon and against what most would assume, Abhay was very very happy. Sure, he'd be losing SOME of his diplomatic and military power but he had been smart enough to place many of his close allies in the spotlight almost giving them seats in the parliament. Not only would this more or less keep him in total power, but it would also make the massive amount of people he was leading happy.

Military:

The time for war was over. The border disputes between Tarazed and the R.o.I were cooling down and the 1.5 million troops were sent back to garrison the major cities of Pakistan, still however ready to defend against an invasion at any time. This did not however, mean defenses were broken. Artillery were still dug in mountain sides and the several hundred thousand native troops still stationed the border, hiding in intricate tunnels. Land mines were placed at key areas around the border and scouts were patrolling constantly. Hopefully the pulling back of the majority of their force would give Tarazed peace of mind.

The countries of Nepal and Sri Lanka were troubled... With no government to control the population, crime was beginning to escalate and the people were crying out for help. President Anit decided he would quell the people's outcry and sent politicians and military troops to take care of these issues and bring the two small nations into the R.o.I.

- Sanctions placed on Tarazed, Canadien Hunsha, Norgan Alliance
- Building up of economy
- Sends weapons to SFE
- Diplomatically controls Burma and Philippines
- Moves troops from R.o.I - Tarazed borders
- Conquers Sri Lanka and Nepal

OOC: Where are these sanctions targeted? 'Sanctions' on its own is a bit vague. I'm also not a fan of you jumping straight to sanctions without any form of diplomatic negotiations...
Last edited by Tarazed on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEFCON 1 - Maximum readiness
DEFCON 2 - Next step to nuclear war/Armed Forces ready to deploy and engage in less than 6 hours
DEFCON 3 - Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness/Air Force ready to mobilize in 15 minutes
>DEFCON 4< - Above normal readiness
DEFCON 5 - Lowest state of readiness/Normal readiness

V0LTRIS
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby V0LTRIS » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:06 pm

Tarazed wrote:OOC: Where are these sanctions targeted? 'Sanctions' on its own is a bit vague. I'm also not a fan of you jumping straight to sanctions without any form of diplomatic negotiations...

OOC: I don't know if you remember this but I tried diplomatic negotiations and you both rejected them. And frankly IDGAF what you're a fan of. Sorry I guess I used the wrong word when I said "sanctions", I meant embargos on all of those countries. it will be fixed now

Brovarria
Attaché

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Brovarria » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:16 pm

Equalsun Empire wrote:
Brovarria wrote:

I want one stronghold left near old Brovarria, lets say the capital of Tokyo, and that is all. And the nation of Brovarria welcomes free trade and protection, however, i need some land in that country.

"I'm sorry, but we cannot give you the jem of Japan; not controlling Tokyo would hurt our political power base in the country. However, we will allow your country control of Hiroshima, the largest city in the Chugoku region. Will that satisfy you?"

With the recent allowance by Equalsun by giving Brovarria Hiroshima, trade will be increased tenfold in the next few months boosting both of our economies. The Kings Julien Brovar VI proclaims Equalsun Empire the Protectorate of Brovarria. Let new peace be found between our humble abodes. The Protectorate of Brovarria (Equalsun) is needed by Brovarria's obvious lack of manpower in its armed forces.

Brovarria
Attaché

Ex-Nation

w

Postby Brovarria » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:31 pm

w
Last edited by Brovarria on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shaler
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaler » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:38 pm

REMOVED BY SHALIAN SECRET POLICE*
Last edited by Shaler on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There may be little use for people who can't embrace reality. But there is little use for the broken who can't escape it -Khaner Annan

Most things are ok within moderation.

Shaler
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaler » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Transmission to the Indian Republic. (Voltris)

The peoples council would like to establish tariffed trade routes between Shaler, and your grand republic.

We would also like to discuss the matter of our northern border nations. It is our sincere hope that you will not do anything brash or reactive in the civil war in Venezuela. The council's goal is the protection of all South American peoples. This civil war in Venezuela has already put many civilian lives at risk. So this is why the Peoples Council suggests a joint peace keeping operation in Venezuela. If you truly care about the people in Venezuela then you will understand that we must stop this Civil war.

Exactly what happens to end this war has yet to be seen however. If you wish to take any certain approach to this, simply inform us.

We would also like to state that we support your Pakistani liberation from European imperialism, and we would like to direct some amount of funding to any rebuilding projects you may have there.
There may be little use for people who can't embrace reality. But there is little use for the broken who can't escape it -Khaner Annan

The Norgan Alliance
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norgan Alliance » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:11 pm

Jorge Arrezera set down his baseball and looked once again to the diplomacy tab on his screen. There he saw a single message.
V0LTRIS wrote:
To: Tarazed, Canadien Hunsha, The Norgan Alliance

The sanctions and threats sent to us cannot go unpunished. We, the Republic of India, are placing economic embargos on each of your nations respectively. We hope that these embargos, as well as the sanctions applied by the Chinese Empire, will deter you from continuing with this kind of behavior.

President Abhay Anit

After reading this beligerent message, Jorge got to work on his own.

To: Voltris

We are glad to be rid of your economic chains, with the Indian people no longer holding us down, we will fly like eagles.

F--- You,
El Presidente,
Jorge Arrazera

Also, these new developements in the Marijuana Growth were surprising. If the SFE was willing to work with him to vanquish a common enemy, maybe they weren't that bad after all. Jorge sent them a message.

To: The Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos

We are pleased to hear that you are willing to see us as an ally against this imperialistic force to our West. If we can work together to protect our homeland, then it makes little sense to continue fighting over which part of Venezuela is whose or else a foreign power might swoop in and claim the whole thing for themselves. Therefore, I would like to call a temporary truce between our nations, and as a sign of good will I will lower the blockage around Caracas enough to let a resupply mission in. I would also like to hold a diplomatic meeting on the border between our two nations, possibly in Ciudad Bolivar. I hope to see you there.

Regards,
El Presidente,
Jorge Arrazera

Updated Statistics after the anexation of Hispanola:

Economy: 38/100
Population: 40,335,000
Labor Force: 23,868,000
Major Ports and Terminals: 10
Serviceable Airports: 364

Army:
Standing Army: 302,512 (~0.75%)
Reserves: 1,008,375 (~5%)
*The standing army is broken down into 7 separate armies of roughly 40,000*

Land Forces:
Tanks: 156
Armored Fighting Vehicles: 272
Self-Propelled Guns: 26
Towed-Artillery: 46
Rocket Systems: 37
*Broken down into 5 armored divisions*

Air Forces:
FIghters/Interceptors: 55
Fixed-Wing Attack Aircraft: 44
Transport Aircraft: 112
Trainer Aircraft: 56
Helicopters: 93
Attack Helicopters: 18
*Broken down into 6 air wings*

Naval Forces:
Aircraft Carriers: 0
Frigates: 8
Destroyers: 4
Corvettes: 10
Submarines: 3
Coastal Defense Craft: 35
Mine Warfare: 4
*Broken down into 2 battle groups*
Last edited by The Norgan Alliance on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Norga and I'll give you a cookie
|No Left Turn|
"When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons." ~ Principle Scudworth, 2003
The Liberated Territories wrote:Ancestry: Murican
Ethnicity: Murican
Race: Murican

Murica

V0LTRIS
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby V0LTRIS » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:15 pm

Shaler wrote:Transmission to the Indian Republic. (Voltris)

The peoples council would like to establish tariffed trade routes between Shaler, and your grand republic.

We would also like to discuss the matter of our northern border nations. It is our sincere hope that you will not do anything brash or reactive in the civil war in Venezuela. The council's goal is the protection of all South American peoples. This civil war in Venezuela has already put many civilian lives at risk. So this is why the Peoples Council suggests a joint peace keeping operation in Venezuela. If you truly care about the people in Venezuela then you will understand that we must stop this Civil war.

Exactly what happens to end this war has yet to be seen however. If you wish to take any certain approach to this, simply inform us.

We would also like to state that we support your Pakistani liberation from European imperialism, and we would like to direct some amount of funding to any rebuilding projects you may have there.

To: The People's Council

Most gracious council,
We would first like to thank you for your support in Pakistani liberation, secondly we would like to address your request for joint peace operations in Venezuela. While we would like to believe the civil war between Norga and SFE could be solved with the mere stroke of a pen, I feel it will take some military action in order to end the suffering it will cause the South American people. We would also like to point out that the Norgan Alliance has placed sanctions on the R.o.I and it makes it difficult for us to see a reason to help them in any way. However, we are not unjust and as a nation of anti-imperialists, we understand your strong feelings to protect the civilians of your continent. Therefore we will ship over a team of ambassadors to help the warring sides find a peaceful resolution. Should any harm come to these ambassadors however, we will not hesitate in destroying whichever side it is that causes them harm.

Finally, we would like to gladly accept your request for tariffed trade, and also accept any and all funding you would be so gracious as to provide.

Sincerely,
President Abhay Anit

- Tariffed trade begins with Shaler
- Ambassadors sent to help transition peace between SFE, Norga, and regain relations with Norga for R.o.I
Last edited by V0LTRIS on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brovarria
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Weekly Annexation

Postby Brovarria » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Brovarria Annexes Sardinia:

"My lord, is operation Terra Nova a go?" 4 Star General Abe Graham asked.

"Send in the troops, we need that land!" King Julien Brovar shouted while hammering his fist upon the table. The general's eye lit up in fear at this notion. He knew he would most certainly be fired if he did not follow direct orders from the King.

Later that day in the war room:

"Sir, 3,000 infantry have been mobilized and bordered the small river craft heading towards the northern tip Sardinia. We heard of rag tag defenses of the northern shore of Sardinia. Rebels there have built their own unconventional bombs en masse to thought to be used against the Brovarrian troops. The landing on the beaches will certainly be hard as the rag-tag artillery and other deploy-able explosives that could severely harm our troops." Warden Asof updated.

"Does it look like I care about a few dead men..." General Graham shouted.
1800 HRS.

Status Report:

The landing was rough as we lost 489 men in the beach landing as the rebels tried to kill us but eventually with the mass flow of Brovarrians the rebels were eventually taken down and operators where able to pass into Sardinia.The troops have succesfully controlled and captured the cities of Sassari, Nouro, and Oristano. The troops encountered a few rebel groups coming from the Southern most city Caligari. Which was mostly composed of a rag-tag militia made up of right-wing farmers and nationalists. Besides that the troops will be closing in on the city if Caligari later tonight thus giving us control of the region.

19000 HRS.

The men have suffered causalities but none greater than the loss of their homeland in Japan. The moral has suffered decreasing amounts but the soldiers are still fighting. Most rebel groups have either gone into hiding or have been eliminated by Brovarrian troops. Minor pockets of resistance are still evident though.Control is underway, the citizens are being registered for full Brovarrian citizenship. But, martial law will remain until full control of the island and the rebel groups are taken down. By doing so, Brovarria has gained 1,661,000 citizens. Armed forces are yet to receive new recruits from the newly registered Brovarrians, and armed forces update will be posted soon.

The Beach Landing on Sardinia from Brovarria's point of view
Last edited by Brovarria on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:42 pm

The Flaming Almighty looked at the three recent messages he had received, and smiled. The Equalsunians and the R.O.I. supplying him with weapons would be most useful, although not in the struggle that they were thinking of. The last message was a bit more troubling though. The Norgans wanting a cease fire and peace negotiations was interesting. While they were his rival, the threat of Shaler forcefully suppressing him with the Marijuana Growth was much more urgent and required more attention. He puzzled over the situation a bit, then made his decision

To: Norga
El Presidente Arrazera, your wish for a cease fire and peace negotiations is most troubling. In light of current events though, I will accept for now. Venezuela must unite to keep the potheads out of our lands.
-The Flaming Almighty

With that out of the way, the Almighty turned to Equalsun and his treaty requirements. While giving them a portion of the oil and giving them a place to stage their military was fine, but he loathed sharing land with people halfway around the world. Not only did it intrude on South American racial purity, it would also be largely inefficient for them to run territory that far away from the homeland. He decided to make his terms a mutual non-settlement agreement.

To: Equalsun Empire
Emperor Xi, we will gladly fulfill your conditions, but would like to add one of our own. If you end up helping us conquer any lands in South America, we reserve the right to that land. In return for not taking a share of the land you help conquer here, we will give you the same courtesy when helping you in the lands of Asia.
-The Flaming Almighty

And then there was one. The Flaming Almighty didn't have any real interest in the R.O.I. Their help was greatly appreciated though, and would be thanked accordingly. Perhaps a long term agreement would be worked out. He then looked at the R.O.I.'s recent political situation. Then again, he thought, perhaps not.

To: R.O.I.
President Abhay Anit, we thank you for your help in our cause. We are currently in the process of deciding whether or not to strike long term agreements with your... controversial nation. We will do our best to keep your diplomats safe in their peace expedition.
-The Flaming Almighty

As he sat back from his computer screen, he had an idea. What if he took a page out of Norga's book? He had a soft chuckle as he thought over the situation with the Marijuana Growth. Of course he knew what the Norgans were doing, the bodies were found to have no lung problems. Any fool could put two and two together in that situation. He just wanted Columbia so he wouldn't be so helpless with Shaler constantly breathing down his neck. He complied some orders for General Cortez to relay, then left his command tent. He had some extremely incompetent border commanders to take care of.

Boarder Command post Bravo

General Cortez exited the command tent after getting his transmission from the Flaming Almighty. He took aside the most seasoned graduates from the empires new and improved spec ops training facility in the jungles. The facility was designed to train men to embark on highly sensitive missions that required complete secrecy, had mostly suicidal situations, and could never be traced back to the Flaming Almighty.
"We have a very important mission men, the orders come strait from the Flaming Almighty so listen closely," he said," The ten of you are going to dress up in Marijuana Growth uniforms, stashed up to your neck in all sorts of experimental pot. You are going to penetrate the peace talks that the Indian diplomats will be attending, then shoot the whole room up. No survivors, even our own men."
"Isn't this mission a bit suicidal sir?" questioned a soldier, " And won't we be killing our own diplomats?"
" Yes, and yes." Cortez responded, "It's for the greater good of our country, plus we won't be sending in anyone important. Also, use a bunch of these," he said as he tossed them some packs of heavy duty pot," We only have a few months until the peace talks happen, you need your insides to look like you've been stoned your entire life. Nothing can be traced back to us, nothing." Cortez walked away, going elsewhere on his own missions.
"Well, light 'em up boys. Might as well get stoned before our last mission if we have too." said a soldier.
Do you want freedom? Well too bad, you won't get it here. All hail the Flaming Almighty!
"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"
-Anonymous

"All quotes on the Internet are true"
-Abraham Lincoln

"I pee hard. I pee with force. I pee to win."
-Reddit
Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos wrote:
Lingria wrote:Off the grid? Nobody goes 'off the grid'
Even right now your on a list for possible terrorist. They track your every move, know where you eat. Who you hang out with, why you do certain things, that one time you picked your nose in the bathroom. They know.

It's like the NSA! Oh, wait... *puts on tin foil hat and hides under table*

Shaler
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaler » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:17 pm

BE MORE SPECIFIC VOLT :)*

REMOVED BY SHALIAN SECRET POLICE*
Last edited by Shaler on Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neo Rome Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 27, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Neo Rome Republic » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:28 pm

OOC: Map has been updated.
Ethical and Metaphysical: (Pan) Humanist and Naturalist.
Political Views Sum: Centrist on social issues, Market Socialist on economic, and Radical Civic universalist on political governance.
This nation DOES(for most part) represent my OOC views.
''A rich man complaining about regulation and taxes, is like the drunkard at a party, complaining about not having enough to drink.'',

"An empty mind is a mind without a filter, the mind of a gullible fool. A closed mind is the mind unwilling to look at the reality outside its bubble. An open mind is one that is cautious, flexible yet balanced; looking at both the reality and the possibility."
OOC Info Page Pros And Cons Political Ideology

V0LTRIS
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby V0LTRIS » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Ryan Kelly, one of Abhay's life long friends,received a message in Beijing where he and his team had traveled to discuss with Shalian diplomats. That was strange he thought. Abhay had sent him a message telling him he was being repositioned into South America to resolve the disputes between SFE and the Norgan Alliance, while at the same time improving relations with South American countries.

"Ok team. It looks like we're moving on out!"

As the diplomat team as well as their security squad gathered up their things and prepared for the long flight into Brasilia, they created a basic outline on how peace would work out and what their plan would be in the oncoming weeks of hard work. First, they would land in Brasilia and discuss further what this joint peace operation for Venezuela would require and how to do it. Second, he and his team would travel through the Shalian country side up to the border of SFE and the Norgan Alliance. Diplomats from all 4 countries involved (SFE, Norga, R.o.I, Shaler) would be attending to promote peace in North-South America.

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Emperor Xi, we will gladly fulfill your conditions, but would like to add one of our own. If you end up helping us conquer any lands in South America, we reserve the right to that land. In return for not taking a share of the land you help conquer here, we will give you the same courtesy when helping you in the lands of Asia.
-The Flaming Almighty

Xi grinned; they now had a foothold in South America. He would have to switch to military channels for his next telegram.

Code: Select all
To: EotSFE
Channel: Secure
Designation: Treaty

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos, I accept the treaty on one condition; the Equalsun Empire will gain Panama upon the taking of it. This is the final addition of the treaty. End transmission.

Awarded the Honourable Epicness Award for Persuasive Nuclear Weapon Placement 2015

Dogs of War wrote:While the motto of the British SAS is "Who dares wins" the motto of Equalsun's SAS is "Who cares who wins?"

The Great and Kawaii™ Ella wrote:As much as I love Stellaris, video games are a magnet for powerwankers, and when the AI beats them too hard, they come over to II and P2TM and take their anger out on us.

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Shaler
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaler » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:21 pm

V0LTRIS wrote:Ryan Kelly, one of Abhay's life long friends,received a message in Beijing where he and his team had traveled to discuss with Shalian diplomats. That was strange he thought. Abhay had sent him a message telling him he was being repositioned into South America to resolve the disputes between SFE and the Norgan Alliance, while at the same time improving relations with South American countries.

"Ok team. It looks like we're moving on out!"

As the diplomat team as well as their security squad gathered up their things and prepared for the long flight into Brasilia, they created a basic outline on how peace would work out and what their plan would be in the oncoming weeks of hard work. First, they would land in Brasilia and discuss further what this joint peace operation for Venezuela would require and how to do it. Second, he and his team would travel through the Shalian country side up to the border of SFE and the Norgan Alliance. Diplomats from all 4 countries involved (SFE, Norga, R.o.I, Shaler) would be attending to promote peace in North-South America.

The sight that followed the Indian diplomats off of the plane was an astounding one.

Over 500,000 Shalians had come to cheer the peace talks on. The Venezuelan civil war was a hot topic in Shaler. One heavily debated in the nations Internet forums. However, the sheer support that the diplomats were receiving was astounding to say the least. Many Shalians believed that the war to the north may lead them to War. And that was something nobody wanted, not after Argentina.

As the Shalian national anthem called through the whole city ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hnGe2UeWSs ) The Diplomats were walked to a grand forum building, not to unlike the ones in Greece, only with a fair bit of South American socialist flare. There they began to watch and attempt to debate in the hell that was (Behind closed doors) Shalian politics.

The arguing is fierce, and decisions are made within matters of days, along with quite a few fist fights to accompany. But the diplomats believe they have learned enough to present their topic.
Last edited by Shaler on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:29 pm

Equalsun Empire wrote:
-The Flaming Almighty

Xi grinned; they now had a foothold in South America. He would have to switch to military channels for his next telegram.

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos, I accept the treaty on one condition; the Equalsun Empire will gain Panama upon the taking of it. This is the final addition of the treaty. End transmission.

[Private Channel]
Early talks with Norga on strategies of invading the Marijuana Growth in the event of war have found the giving away of panama unacceptable. The Galapagos Islands and military passage through the Panama Canal, however, would be perfectly fine. If this suits you then we are perfectly fine with the treaty.
-The Flaming Almighty
Do you want freedom? Well too bad, you won't get it here. All hail the Flaming Almighty!
"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"
-Anonymous

-Abraham Lincoln

-Reddit
Even right now your on a list for possible terrorist. They track your every move, know where you eat. Who you hang out with, why you do certain things, that one time you picked your nose in the bathroom. They know.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:31 pm

OOC: I'm not going to be able to post on the peace talks tonight, I'll have to do it tomorrow. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
-Anonymous

-Abraham Lincoln

-Reddit

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:34 pm

Equalsun Empire wrote:
-The Flaming Almighty

[Private Channel]
Early talks with Norga on strategies of invading the Marijuana Growth in the event of war have found the giving away of panama unacceptable. The Galapagos Islands and military passage through the Panama Canal, however, would be perfectly fine. If this suits you then we are perfectly fine with the treaty.
-The Flaming Almighty

Designation: Diplomatic Message

You have our support against Marijuana Growth. However, the Equalsun Empire will not move against Shaler unless the EotSFE is attacked, and only then will we fight defensively.

Student, Canadian, ENFP

V0LTRIS
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby V0LTRIS » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:35 pm

So after several days of going over plans and policies, both diplomats from Shaler (accompanied by some odd 40 security agents) and from the R.o.I (accompanied by a squad of 15 highly trained secret service) set off for Ciudad Bolivar. It was in this river side, Venezuelan city that diplomats from Shaler, SFE, the Norgan Alliance, and the R.o.I would meet to discuss terms of peace between the two rival nations.

The security, though well trained, was not expecting what came next. Were they capable of defending the diplomats they swore to protect?! (ooc: find out next time on total, drama island)

The Norgan Alliance
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norgan Alliance » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:45 pm

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos wrote:OOC: I'm not going to be able to post on the peace talks tonight, I'll have to do it tomorrow. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

OOC: Same here
Call me Norga and I'll give you a cookie
|No Left Turn|
"When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons." ~ Principle Scudworth, 2003
The Liberated Territories wrote:Ancestry: Murican
Ethnicity: Murican
Race: Murican

Murica

Marijuana Growth
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marijuana Growth » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:57 am

As with all intense decisions in Marijuana Growth's politics, the Green House is utterly hotboxed. Dank smoke fills the political stronghold to the brim, as the country's most stoned leaders come together to form a decision.
First on the list, of course, was to address the issues with the Siberian Flaming Eskimos. Doctor Dre, International Affairs Minister, found his list stacked with options -- however, he settled with the most simple:

To the Siberian Flaming Eskimos;
Honestly, if you attack us, that'd be like, bad for everyone. A bunch of your guys would die, and like, so would our guys, and I don't want that. I'm sorry that some of your guys died because of my guys, but like, whatever, shit happens. If we aren't cool, I'll give you a big shipment of like, Shalian coffee that I got imported. Also, a lot of weed. Tons. Like, you can straight up have one of our plantations, dude. It's fucking dank. Just take it, and like, don't invade us, because that's really bad.

Following, another Free Lands transmission was forged -- this one sent to Shaler, in a more pleading tone:

To Shaler;
I think the SFE are going to like, invade us, or something. They are super totally angry about our little tussle, and, like, I'm attempting diplomacy. But hey, if it doesn't work or whatever, you still have our backs, right? There's a lot of Potheads depending on you guys, man. I mean, we're not doing anything hostile, we're holding up our part of the whole bargain thingy. But like, I don't like where the SFE is going with their whole invasion thing.

In preparation, most of Marijuana Growth's civil body has been evacuated into Central America. Those remaining are military and plantation workers. The trade routes with Shaler continue, but they are doubly guarded by Bong Boats with the potential SFE invasion on the horizon.

In similar developments, anti-aircraft artillery has been equipped to the Blunt Roller model of massive land assault vehicle. A great number of these upgraded APCs now patrol Venezuela, ensuring it remains safe for the plantation workers -- keeping both skies and ground secure.

On note of the air, Marijuana Growth has developed its first High Fliers and Hotboxers. In each of its three sprawling air bases, a great number of these planes can be found. Full, current military report on the Free Lands of Marijuana Growth is as follows:

Approximately one million general infantry; "Toke Troopers".
Twelve "Blunt Roller" model heavy APCs. Equipped with anti-aircraft missiles, and double-action tank guns.
Two-hundred "Weed Whacker" light armor patrol vehicles. Equipped with mounted .22 machine guns.
Fifty-three "Model .420" tactical infiltration vehicles. Equipped with a mounted, scoped .50 caliber rifle and light tank guns.

Two "Joint Operations" heavy deep-water submarines. Equipped with large guided torpedo cannons, and highly effective radar technology. Mobile subaquatic defense command stations.
Seventeen "Bong Boat" fast-attack light battleships. Equipped with light guided anti-aircraft missiles, medium guided torpedo cannons, large mounted cannon.

One-hundred-seventy "High Fliers" combat aircraft. Equipped with lock-guided missile launchers, and mounted .50 machine guns.
Approximately four-hundred "Hotboxers" low-flying disposable aircraft. Equipped with heavy explosives, self-destructing. Drone piloted.

Shaler
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaler » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:23 am

Transmission to the Free-Lands

We the peoples council have seen time and time again that you are unable to cope with situations, or keep hold of your political situation.
We will not abandon you, however....
If you do continue to throw our protection away with you worthless diplomacy talks, then you might as well shoot yourself.
We will talk soon again. As for now we are holding debate about what we should do. About the civil war, and about you.

Rodrenon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodrenon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:16 pm

In response to the growing threats of the outside world (the Rodredt head of government) Seneschal Thiles Lenhidam, announced in a press meeting that the Federal Oratory (Parliament) had passed the Duty of Arms Act, which allows for an expansion in compulsory military service. Particularly that the ages of 20 must enter a military evaluation and that great measures will be taken to enforce this act. He continued by stating that this would all be part of the Government's greater rearmament campaign.

In another press meeting held by the government, Foreign Steward Francent Bulmoss officially expressed that the Government has not had any thoughts of creating war and that it merely is preparing for inevitable armed conflict when the time arises. He states the Government's wish is for Rodrenon to seek out allies in these troubling and uncertain times.

The Foreign Steward would like it known that to all nations, Rodrenon is searching for an alliance.

OOC:
Statistics of His Grandeur’s Armed Forces (Rodredt Armed Forces)
-National Population: 70 million
-Grand Army - 95,000 Active Personnel, 30,000 Reserve
-Grand Navy - 40,000 Active Personnel, 10,000 Reserve, 82 Warships, 22 Combat Support Ships (Transports, Mine Countermeasure Ships, Icebreakers, etc.), 202 Aircrafts
-Grand Marines - 8,000 Active Personnel, 1,000 Reserve
-Grand Air Force - 38,000 Active Personnel, 10,000 Reserve

OOC: Also, I don't normally put seals up, so I won't be too annoying with it and make it too much to scroll.
1) The world does not revolve around human desires
2) Long-term goals for contentment go a long way
3) If there were no humans, could there be morals or ethics?
4) Humans are part of nature
5) Laugh at yourself and be patient

Canadian Hunsha
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Canadian Hunsha » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:39 pm

The Norgan Alliance wrote:
Marijuana Growth wrote:A transmission has been sent by the International Affairs Minister of Marijuana Growth to The Norgan Alliance and the Siberian Flaming Eskimos:

"Hey, guys, like, what the hell? You two just came in and took Venezuela, but Shaler totally said we could have that land. I don't want either of you there. You just interrupted my trade route with them, with your like, uncool nations. We have some war stuff nearby too, so, whatever. You can take those islands just north of you, or something, but Venezuela is totally mine, so get out. Otherwise, we'll be doing military actions, and stuff. I mean seriously, dudes, the War Minister is pretty pissed off over here. That's our land."

12:00 hours, Presidential Safe House:

Presidente Jorge sat in his office, reading and re-reading the ultimatum before him. Thankfully this had been taken care of by Shaler to the south, but the Norgan president was still shaken. Jorge had realized that this little war was but a drop in the bucket of global conflict. There were much bigger players in the world than him and his rival to the south, and so Jorge decided that maybe diplomacy might hold some promise. He immediately went to work on messages to be sent to the other nations of the world.

To: Canadian Hunsha

The people of the Norgan Alliance are sympathetic to your citizens in Pakistan. We know what it is like to have our lands forcibly taken from us. We understand what war will do to a nation and to a people, and so we grieve for your lost lands. If there is anything that the people can do for the great land of Canadian Hunsha, please let us know.

Sincerely,
El Nuevo Presidente,
Jorge Arrazera

Your imperialistic attitude shall not go unnoticed by the great land of The Norgan Alliance. We shall immediately invoke oil sanctions against your country, in addition, we shall no longer allow Norgan companies to outsource their call centers to your nation. We hope that in the future you will think twice before forcibly taking what is others.

El Nuevo Presidente,
Jorge Arrazera

On that note Jorge thought that it was time to stretch his influence to another nation. "Hispaniola is nice this time of year, why not take it?" And with that the island of Hispaniola became part of the Norgan Alliance.

15:00 hours, Caracas:
Admiral Nicolas called out to his bridge staff "Halt the bombardment, I think that the natives have gotten the message - we are not to be messed with." he said coldly "Next, move our ships out of range of any counterattack that the Eskimos might be able to mount and set up a blockade around the Caracas area. Also, signal Colonel Cortez. Tell his men to start digging in around Caracas. I'll let him deal with the details, but the long and short is that no-one gets in, and no-one gets out."

16:30 hours, Presidential Safe House:
Major General Belmonte idly moved a few of the navy miniatures that lay on the map before him. Recent reconnaissance had revealed to him that a sizeable army of Eskimo troops had been moved east to secure the lands of Guyana. With the Eskimo's eyes on Caracas, now was the perfect time to strike. He moved several infantry and tank miniatures into the disputed lands of the Orinoco belt.

General Hondur, leader of the special operations of the Norgan Alliance, looked to the Lieutenants before him. Looking over his shoulder, he led them into an office away from the rest of the underground complex. "I have a very special mission for you all" he said.

• Norga attacks the disputed area of the Orinoco belt.
  • The bombardment of Caracas has been replaced with a land, sea, and air blockade.
  • Norgan Special Forces impersonated Marijuana Growth armed forces and attacked Eskimo holdings across the border between Marijuana growth and the ESFE.
  • Hispaniola (Haiti and the Dominican Republic) are annexed by the Norgan Alliance.

John Williams smiled as he finished reading the telegram. More allies is what his nation needed

To: President Jorge Arrazera

We are happy to see you become friednly with our nation, and we are greatly thankful for your sactions on Voltris. As realtions become closer the cabinate and I desided it would be a good idea to offer your nation an allience. Will you accept?

From,
President John Williams.

You sacntions are not threatning to our nation. Our economy will live on without any of your prodects. It is our turn. It was decided today that from now on you will be embargoed by Canadian Hunsha.

We wish you luck,

John Williams

Slowly the 5,000 trained soldiers from Canadian Hunsha's middle Eastern territories reached the border with Pakistan. It was sad seeing a land that used to be their's now gone. Several differant camps were set up for the Middle Eastern Brigade. Each very close to Tarazed's camps. They settled down watching the border carfully.
BUY MAPLE SYRUP OR YOU WILL DIE!!!!

Puppet of Hunsha
Positions & Ranks:

TEP ambassador to Balder
Private 1st class in TBR

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

MEMBER STATE of the ALLIED ASSEMBLY!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents