NATION

PASSWORD

RMC Expansion [Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Meritocratic Conglomerate
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

RMC Expansion [Closed]

Postby Meritocratic Conglomerate » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:31 am

RMC Expansion
Oh boy. John though to himself staring at the flat-screen sliding down from the ceiling of his office. Staring at the screen as it turned showing at the MCNN, Meritocratic Conglomerate National News, showing live coverage outside of the Capitol where the RMC Congress was in session at Dyson.
Now, RMC Congress session were private while they were held, with a transcript provided the a resolution was made to whatever they convened for. This was no different, cameras showed black clad guards armed with a tazer and baton manned the heavy door oak doors that led into the Congress chambers. Consultants and secretaries and everything in-between running around with suitcases and papers, some simply getting coffee for there bureaucratic superiors , dealing with other matters plaguing the nation. The matter had sparked controversy over to other Conglomeratains with children born in Zuborn- The Father Nation, claiming that if those born outside the nation got their citizenship they're kids then should too.
Better get moving John thought, leaving the comfort of his recliner, getting a coffee from his secretary "Thanks Alaine" He replied as he left to meet congress for when the resolution comes, for his approval of course.
Switching to an attractive looking reporter she began "Hello this is Jade Helan at the Capitol where Congress has come together to speak of a very important issue. For years now RMC companies have mined, logged and in certain areas, farmed, exploiting the rich untapped and unclaimed resources beyond RMC borders. This has been going on for years now without a problem as the land was yet to be claimed, but now with immigration from refugees and those escaping oppression and to top it of a baby boom the homeland has been steadily filling up, more the quadrupling the total population only a decade or so ago. As the cost of land increases many have moved out of Legal RMC land into this yet to be claimed territory, setting up small towns in around the land. As such Congress is meeting today about an issue that has arisen out of this, propagated by the baby boom. Since this West and South move began a total of 327 people have been born, born outside of the RMC Homeland and the legal borders it resides, leaving a controversy over a combination of rights, citizenship, and the current amount land of held by the RMC, many calling for expansion."
Her Image was then replaced by an equal attractive blonde "Thank you Jade for getting us up to speed" Turning to her handsome co-worker she continued "Well Max, what do you think about all of this, personally I agree, we need more land. I mean traffic has just been getting steadily worse despite all the cash being put on public mass transit and all their campaigns to push for alternate means of travel with bikes and such." "Besides" he began "This will be good for the economy, Think of all the jobs that would be created from land development alone. Things will explode as companies fight for who's providing infrastructure, power, who get to develop houses where. This could just be what we need to further push ourselves out of this recession, put the recovery on rocket fuel!" "Guess all that leaves is the citizenship, I -" Before she could finish an alert came through. "Looks like they're done, let's head back over to the capitol.
"Ladies and Gentleman" Began the Speaker of Congress. "We've come to an agreement, The RMC will expand her border to the South, SouthWest, and along the Coastline to the West. Practically doubling the current land holding of the RMC. As for citizenship we've come to an agreement that those born in Zuborn where both of the parent are Conglomerations will receive citizenship as well as the children born in the new additions. Although the those born in Zuborn will pay 50-HC tax. After today though Thos born over in the Fatherland will still be considered foreigners, but if they're from pure Conglomerate parents be subjected to half the time for their citizenship.
Last edited by Meritocratic Conglomerate on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I have a huge army"
"Why would anyone need a huge army?"
"To secure resources to fund my huge army"
~ Blank~
~Blank~
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (UTC−5:00)
"I know you don't," Yang cooed, "and that's what makes you so special." Too many friendships torn asunder by emotions, by anger and jealousy. The world should have rejoiced at the mere sight of her beautiful sister, yet life was never that generous. The cruel prospered, the kind went unthanked.

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Meritocratic Conglomerate » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:30 am

Could you tell me how I did with this. Y'know criticism.
"I have a huge army"
~ Blank~
~Blank~
"I know you don't," Yang cooed, "and that's what makes you so special." Too many friendships torn asunder by emotions, by anger and jealousy. The world should have rejoiced at the mere sight of her beautiful sister, yet life was never that generous. The cruel prospered, the kind went unthanked.

Zuborn Isles
Lobbyist

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zuborn Isles » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Very, very good.
I like that you call my nation "The Fatherland."
Hehe, you can expand to the west, for all I'm concerned. Just don't take up any of my territory.
You're a very good writer.
Pro: Liberal, Welfare, Equality, Atheism... Think Socially Progressive, Scandinavian Welfare, and Far Left-Winged
Anti: The 1%, Fascism, Right- Wing, Republicans/Conservatives, Religious Zealots and Rednecks (Basically Republicans and Conservatives)
RP Population: 237 million

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Meritocratic Conglomerate » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:45 am

Zuborn Isles wrote:Very, very good.
I like that you call my nation "The Fatherland."
Hehe, you can expand to the west, for all I'm concerned. Just don't take up any of my territory.
You're a very good writer.

Haha, thanks. We consider Greece the Motherland.
"I have a huge army"
~ Blank~
~Blank~

Return to International Incidents