NATION

PASSWORD

Imperial Ambitions (SWG Reboot Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Vipra
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 04, 2007
Compulsory Consumerist State

Imperial Ambitions (SWG Reboot Only)

Postby Vipra » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:36 pm

The outdoor bar was active, waitresses coming and going carrying platters of drinks along with rich salty food as they weaved around tables and patrons to place down glasses of brightly coloured liquor to the waiting hands of patrons. Music blared, not obscenely loud out on the patio but enough to make the patrons raise their voices over the mix of maracas and guitar with synth-pop. The sun was low on the horizon, making the world seem to be cast in just about every shade of colour as nearby trees swayed in the breeze, casting flitting shade across zeltrons, humans, and atorans alike as they tended to their drinks and chatted, joked, and flirted in loud voices that combined to make a din when combined with the pub’s soundsystem.

The atoran were the oddities here, relative newcomers to this galaxy and rarely if ever seen away from Zeltros. The humanoid aliens stood and standing an average of two feet taller than humans, with women having the height advantage over men and a typically sturdier build. Likewise their slippery blue to green skin set them apart, as did the five tendrils underlined with tendrils that hung from their head and down their backs. These giants mingled and associated with the red skinned zeltrons and humans, laughing and drinking, having as merry a time as any on the party planet usually did. All except for two, a pair of atoran women in flatteringly average clothing of bright colours and tied around the waist with with a sash above plain slacks, the duo otherwise unadorned as they sat apart from the crowd in the most distant corner of the patio bar.

Between the two were a pair of glasses half-filled with bright pink beer, or at least they assumed it was a sort of beer, and a basket of deep fried chips that were an odd purple. Neither had touched the meal, instead leaning back in their chairs and ignoring the commotion typical of pleased patrons around them to stare at each other with scarlet eyes and wait for the other to speak. Lokorri Tepemvanya broke the silence between the pair, the noise where they were quiet enough not to require shouting or exaggerated gesticulation like a pair of nearby zeltrons engaged in, “All because one structure is destroyed an alliance crumbles, tearing down the economy with it, and we must grit our teeth and bear the burden for the people of this galaxy.”

Across from her, Kaekuvvi Zorovic smirked and raised her drink to take a sip before placing it down and speaking smugly, “Of course, what else would you expect of extragalactics? Most can’t shit in a toilet unless you raise the lid for them first. I’m amazed it took this long for them to implode,” Kaekuvvi said, flicking a fry with a long finger before continuing in a droll tone, “besides, I don’t give a shit that the bean counters back home are pushing tax money down this place’s throat. From what I’ve been told it’s a piss in the river anyways, and they are buying up land, businesses, and everything else they can left and right while it is cheap and they have the good will of the locals. I intend on abusing my position to buy a condo.”

“So you can lift the toilet lid for these people?”

“Nah, Zeltrons don’t count when I said that. They’re pretty so they are excused.”

Lokorri laughed, closing her eyes and shaking her head before sighing, “Your tastes aside, at least this will work in our favour militarily. It looks like with the chaos that is occurring the foreign office has decided to relabel our expedition as a humanitarian and peacekeeping effort.”

“So much for the ‘fuck all of you we want your stuff’ casus belli then.”

Shrugging, Lokorri picked up her glass and sloshed the liquid around inside it while leaning back further, enjoying the last few minutes of her shore leave, “End result’s the same, just this way hopefully they’ll fall in line without putting up a fight and we can reap the spoils of grabbing a bunch of systems that are in the midst of economic collapse,” there was a pause in the conversation before Lokorri ran a hand down her face and said in exasperation, “And about that, sometimes I think the admiralty have no idea what they’re doing. What are we going to do, grab these planets and then watch them wallow in an economic shitpit? I get that we had a plan and all that, but that plan was meant to grab these systems while they had functioning economies we could exploit. As it is now-”

Kaekuvvi interrupted her compatriot, shimmying her seat closer to the table as the music and noise around them turned up a notch, “They’d already sent us here and you know the powers that be have been itching to expand out from here,” the atoran woman leaned an elbow on the table, “I’m just glad they spent enough time to change things up instead of rushing ahead with what we had. Means we can come back here that much sooner, I can get that condo, and you can continue to waste your time in shitty bars.”

“True that,” Lokorri grinned, raising her glass, “To shitty bars.”

“To shitty bars,” their glasses clinked.

Twenty Hours Later

Lokorri stood upon the bridge of her flagship, the dreadnought ISV Kalorak, looking over a holotank with Kaekuvvi standing beside her. Their attire vastly differed from the day before, clad in the white with black trim Imperial naval uniform, gold buttons holding their jackets comfortably tight over their MCP skinsuit underneath, the lip of the white suit evident around their necks where a bubble helm could be quickly attached. Everyone on the bridge was clad in the same, but their decoration of rank differed. Lokorri’s shoulders were adorned with golden epaulets with dark copper trim, while Kaekuvvi’s were solid silver, denoting them as Rear-Admiral Tepemvanya and Captain Zorovic respectively while the gaggle of officers around them varied in rank. All jostled around, bringing up notes and the latest details on the holographic display as the ship and the fleet it belonged to prepared for the first jump.

Numbers, trajectories, estimated local forces, all were presented in the display along with system details of the first stop of their little expedition. Rasterous was a largely unassuming system, the only real infrastructure of note being a shipyard owned and operated by Kuat, the rest of the local resources being the typical lot of commercial space stations, trade hubs, space industry, and planetary development that the local human populace had developed. None the less it was the local hub and an important stepping stone on the way to Commenor, so the fleet would stop there first, browbeat the locals and negotiate with Kuat, and then carry on. Likewise the two other fleets included in the plan were leaving in other directions, their own plans illuminated on the holo display with lines and dots that showed the two forces projected arcs towards Ambria and the Ghost Nebula. The former would pass through Merson and Taboon, subjugating the local military forces and conscripting their levies, before pushing onto Ambria. At the same time the latter fleet would claim Virujansi before moving on to the Ghost Nebula, seeking to dominate Umbara and Atoa.

The numbers floated in the display next to every fleets’ symbol. Each of the fleets was composed of ten capital ships, fourteen cruisers, forty four support ships, and two hundred sixty four drones slaved to half of those support vessels. Not a bad number, and a little under half the forces so far dedicated to this galaxy. Lokorri snapped her gaze to the estimates from the systems they were annexing, and found nothing too egregious. Albeit Umbara was an unknown, that region could be effectively scouted during the absorption of Atoa within the Ghost Nebula. Not that that branch of the expansion was under her supervision, but she was concerned regardless. Unknowns were always bothersome.

Lastly was the readout for their own departure time, the hours having past by to leave only minutes. A few final adjustments to the planning, a moment of conversing the changes with the shipmind of her dreadnought as well as Kaekuvvi, and everything was in order. She stood beside the display, pulling a security tether the the waistband of her MCP undersuit and lashing it to sturdy rail that circled the table, the other officers surrounding the display doing the same as the timer counted down to zero. As the activity aboard the bridge increased and final checks were finished, the fleets picked up speed in a tetrahedral formation, the collection of vessels pooling their FTL to create three large wormholes. Passing through, they would leave Zeltros in a blink and appear elsewhere shrouded in exotic particles as the seemingly spherical warping of space unravelled behind them. As the second and third taskforces deployed to Merson and Virujansi respectively, Rear-Admiral Tepemvanya left Zeltros and entered Rasterous’ space.

The sensors picked up the various basics of the system, the various merchant ships and freighters that lingered about loading and unloading, a few scattered ships in a defensive picket. There wasn’t too much in the way of a naval garrison, but there was a fair sized shipyard that was easily identified as Kuat’s property. That actually concerned Lokorri and her superiors more than the world below, the corporation that owned the yard holding decidedly more sway than the system they were now within. Blasting demands of surrender, the Imperial forces made overtures of goodwill even as their weapons beared down upon the locals who acquiesced rather than face a superior force without aid, albeit several merchants fled for fear of their goods being seized despite guarantees that their property would remain unmolested. It could not be said that similar occurred down the other routes, as Mersonian pirates fought against the Imperial taskforce and the Virujansi weighed the options of a guerrilla campaign. Yet eventually they would be undone and the fleets would carry on.

Cilistia Novaren says: Look, I cant read while eating, your posts usually end in my having a strange feeling of dread, nausea, or slight arousal, or all at the same time.

Vipra says: In the Grim-Darkness of my spare time, there is only War... And cat-people boning...
Foxfire Rose says: I am Xiscapia and I approve this message.

Kostemetsia says: The atoran: a walking interplay of sex and violence.

Valinon says: Rule of cool does not equal a defense against wanton stupidity

Shi-ido
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

A Gesture of Peace

Postby Shi-ido » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:44 pm

The Delegation of leaders began their meeting at the capital of Atoa. Representatives from Zolan, Atoa and Laoman all converge for their tri-annual meeting of the joining. No sooner are pleasantries shared than hostilities and political in-fighting begin.

The Laoman representative Horace begins the commotion: "We need to fund a better spy network, we already know that the Bothan people are trying to lay claim to what is our trade and key, spying."

The Atoan representative Vera replies: "No one knows that we are in the spy business, except for our recent benefactor."

Horace: "See, this is how well hidden our spy network is."

Vera smiles as she realizes she has him right where she wants him: "If it is doing so well, then surely it needs no other funding than that of our recent benefactor."

Horace takes in a deep breath and is about to reply when the Umbra First Lieutenant Dorma comes running in arms waving wildly as papers fly out from his hands. His long left foot catches on the quickly closing door behind him, sending him and his papers flying across the room.

Vera: "What is the meaning of this!" she states, as she is embarrassed by the disturbance, especially one that makes her people look weak when seen by the shifters.

Dorma slides a few feet on the freshly mopped tile flooring, stops and pushes himself up to his feet. Once up he now gasping for breath tries to say the words "We are..."

Vera: "What?"

Dorma stands upright, forces a full breath of air into his lungs and then says "Your imminence, we are being invaded."

Vera: "By whom?"

Dorma: "It looks to be one of the fleets of the Imperial Navy. They are demanding our surrender."

Horace: "Our surrender?"

Vera: "This is no doubt a direct byproduct of your Illustrious Benefactor." She says, waving her hands in the air as she over emphasizes the Illustrious Benefactor.

Dorma: "Yes, they have a rather large fleet as well."

Horace:"Numbers!" he demanded.

The statement caught Dorma off-guard for a second as he tried to process what was being said. "The number of ships?"

Horace:"No the number of pimples your mother pops on your face each day before she sends you off to work...OF COURSE I MEAN THE NUMBER OF SHIPS!"

Dorma cowers for a second then gives the readout from the papers he managed to hang onto that were still in his hands. "They have ten capital ships, fourteen cruisers, forty-four support ships, and two hundred sixty-four drones."

Vera scowls at the information. For a second there is silence.

Horace: "If we deploy our air defense forces they will be shot down as they leave orbit."

Tra'yek, the Zolan representative who had been quiet up until this point smiled as he walked forward. "Perhaps we can show you how the Clawdites conduct a smear campaign."

Vera pauses for a moment as she looks to Tra'yek and then back to Horace. "Do it." she says.

Tra'yek: "It will require," he pauses for a second then continues "sacrifices."

Vera: "Do it, we cannot allow any other nation to think they can come to our planets and demand our surrender. Stop at nothing until the fleet is gone."

Tra'yek: "As you wish, your imminence." He says with a slight bow to Vera, then he begins to walk away. As he walks out he gives a slight knowing wink to Horace on his way out. It was his way of showing that the Clawdites were a force to be reckoned with in the spy community as well.

Tra'yek left the meeting room then instantly pushed his halo device that was synced with his ship. "Begin phase one."

A slight pause
Tray'key: "No, target the orphanages and the schools."

Another pause

Tra'yek:"I believe they came from Zeltros."

Another pause

Tra'yek: "How am I supposed to know, use googles to see what a Zeltrosian...Zeltronian? looks like." With that he triumphantly closed the communications channel and went off down the hallway, knowing that it was now his chance to make the Clawdites shine as the newly endorsed spy leaders of the colonies.
Last edited by Shi-ido on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vipra
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 04, 2007
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Vipra » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:15 am

Virujansi space,
Dreadnought Canlakhol

Read Admiral Olanni Gorgatany sat at a nice table in the officer’s mess, a tumbler of flavoured water sitting in front of her as she rolled her head back, legs crossed. The atoran was like most of her kind and a couple inches over seven and a half feet while her blue-green skin and sharp, squarish, facial features set her in a different ethnic group from the majority of pale and dark blue skinned officers. She wore the white with black of the navy, and the epaulets of her rank, but seemed entirely too relaxed to fit the paradigm of military commanders as imagined by most. She swirled her drink in a hand gloved by her MCP undersuit, dark teal lips smirking, “I hear the girls landed on Virujansi after they surrendered to us. Hah, surrendered. Bunch of militia and terrorists fled to the tunnels and are causing trouble.”

“I heard about that” the Commander of the Marines sat opposite the naval officer, as much an atoran as her but decidedly less organic in appearance while she spoke in a voice that wouldn’t have been out of place coming from a typical atoran warrior woman. Zalippi Korlik was in a marine combat sleeve, nine foot tall even and built of so much composite and fullerene that she probably weighed more than a ton. She didn’t have any real facial features, her voice coming from an internal speaker while she watched her commanding officer through various visual sensors. She nodded none the less, the chair creaking underneath her bulk. “Apparently they are having fun in the tunnels, pumping in explosive gas and detonating in sections to clear them out but it is slow going. Having to constantly put down their close air support whenever they move to isolate a new tunnel network as well, and apparently those bastards are pretty tenacious.”

Olanni shrugged, “We’ll have them in no time, I’m more worried about the mess in the Stennes Node and Commenor. I hear that the pirates put up more of a fight than expected and the fleet is having to wait for refuelling and rearming while your kind do their gig and flush out the pirates groundside. They should move onto that desert world, Ambria, soon enough though,” she took a sip of her purple flavoured water, tsking in mild annoyance at the lack of alcoholic content, “and Commenor, well, you know what’s happening there.

“No, no I really don’t.”

The Rear Admiral raised an eyebrow, “Oh? Well in that case: Shit’s got fucked. I hear the fleet brushed through Bastardous or whatever it is called and then, high on the fact that they got a friendly surrender, thought that taking a sector capital would be a cakewalk. Lost a bunch of missile drones, I hear at least two capital ships are damaged, and I think seven or eight sub-capitals are going to be sent back home to be replaced entirely. And that isn’t counting minor or moderate damage. I saw one of the damage reports, the plans got fucked because apparently the ladies on high decided not to factor for a high number of q-ships. We’re lucky we have a relatively large number of capital ships, otherwise we might have bitten off more than we could chew over there. As it is our girls have orbital control and are cutting the locals one fine deal.”

From the way Zalippi rolled her head, it was obvious that she would have rolled her eyes had she had any proper, “Fuckin’ military intelligence,” she let that hang a moment, “What’s the deal then?”

“Pretty much they are going to retain their civilian government and administrations, we won’t be taking any property and their military will be shaped up into a local paramilitary force. We’ll retain orbital control but no tariffs will be imposed without consent from their civilian, that and they will police themselves. Yeah I can tell by the way you are sort of blanking out that you do not approve. Don’t worry; we managed to throw in a few caveats. Local recruitment for our colonial forces, border control, etceter. Even managed to arrange for our gals to go dirtside with some force-sniffers. Found a few of those jedees as well as a few artifacts and took them into custody. Supposedly they found this wicked looking scepter, but that is going back to base for study or something after one of the force-buggers freaked out after seeing it.”

“Fuck the force-blights, why didn’t we outright conquer that bitch?”

“Because we only have so many dirt pounders until we can get local recruitment going. You’d be amazed how few Zeltrons want to sign up to go and kill the Imperatrix and Imperium,” she flicked the edge of her cup in boredom, “Now get down to your people. We’ve talked about this crap for long enough and we’ll be transitioning to the Atoan system soon enough.”

Zalippi laughed, a hearty if someone disturbing sound coming from the almost entirely mechanical soldier while she stood to her feet, “Yes ma’am.”

Atoan space

The Imperial fleet appeared in Atoan space almost seamlessly, the wormholes the only warning as they spritzed the system with exotic particles upon their birth and death. Sixty eight ships and two hundred sixty four drones, although each of those would probably be classed as proper vessels by the natives of this galaxy. They were prepared for the worst, the naval taskforce forming into a tetrahedron formation and moving towards the world with gravity impellers. They kept active sensors running as they approached, waiting for a military response that did not seem to manifest as they prepared and sent out a simple message. Surrender to Imperial authority.

Drifting towards the world, the taskforce would remain on edge, waiting for a response as they neared and having to bide their time regardless for their own landing craft should the Atoans surrender without resistance.

Cilistia Novaren says: Look, I cant read while eating, your posts usually end in my having a strange feeling of dread, nausea, or slight arousal, or all at the same time.

Vipra says: In the Grim-Darkness of my spare time, there is only War... And cat-people boning...
Foxfire Rose says: I am Xiscapia and I approve this message.

Kostemetsia says: The atoran: a walking interplay of sex and violence.

Valinon says: Rule of cool does not equal a defense against wanton stupidity

Return to International Incidents