NATION

PASSWORD

No Longer Alone [Reboot, OOC, Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:30 am

West Aurelia wrote:
Hotgrat wrote:Ok, now that i am the OP, i'll bring the IC up ASAP.

Or actually, let me list the nations accepted, so you know who is in and who isn't.

Aliens:
Kobol.
Hippie kiwis.

Humans:
Hotgrat.
Kasninamistan.
True Canada.
Lalaki.
Northern European Senates remnants.
Riflemoor.

Pending/Refused/Withdrawn:
West Aurelia. Pending. Current army is too big.
Rodrania. Pending. Same as with West Aurelia, but just much larger.

My military is smaller than the current US military. How small do you want it to be?

Below the 1 mil mark. It can be a temporary thing, or you have over one million in army, but don't deploy it all. Both ways work just fine.
Hotgrat is now humanverse. The ponyfied version would be Seierus.
Yukonastan wrote:Oh, by the way, snake. Because SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!? means death.
Sinovet wrote:FLUFF NUKE!!!!
Herargon wrote:Dammit! Kill a bit more people for their money, please! We need more money!
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

The Nexus of Man wrote:Grats.

"Two possibilites exist: Ether, we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
- Arthur C. Clarke.

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:33 am

Hotgrat wrote:
West Aurelia wrote:
My military is smaller than the current US military. How small do you want it to be?

Below the 1 mil mark. It can be a temporary thing, or you have over one million in army, but don't deploy it all. Both ways work just fine.

900,000 will be fine.
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:34 am

West Aurelia wrote:
Hotgrat wrote:Below the 1 mil mark. It can be a temporary thing, or you have over one million in army, but don't deploy it all. Both ways work just fine.

900,000 will be fine.

Yes, that will work. I'll update the accepted nations.

Edit: Updated. Welcome to No Longer Alone 2.0, WA.
Last edited by Hotgrat on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yukonastan wrote:Oh, by the way, snake. Because SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!? means death.
Herargon wrote:Dammit! Kill a bit more people for their money, please! We need more money!
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

"Two possibilites exist: Ether, we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
- Arthur C. Clarke.

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:51 am

Hotgrat wrote:
West Aurelia wrote:
900,000 will be fine.

Yes, that will work. I'll update the accepted nations.

Edit: Updated. Welcome to No Longer Alone 2.0, WA.

Great! I'll try to get a post up soon.
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:30 am

This thread is not dying! :)
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:36 am

Hippie Kiwis wrote:This thread is not dying! :)

Now that we have the IC up, it shouldn't die. The OOC might die for a little, since hopefully we don't need to put in godmodding stuff, but the IC shouldn't.
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

- Arthur C. Clarke.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:37 am

Sorry, no longer alone was the first real thread I took part in outside factbooks.
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:39 am

Nation Name: Organized States
National Leader(s): President Robert Wood (S, NE)
Military Size (must be less than 1 mill): 1.2 million (over all services, plus Coast Guard)
Capital: Fairford
Biggest City: Fairford
Area (sq. km.): 9.912 million square kilometers
Second Largest City: New Simpson
Past RP example: *scoffs
Do you promise not to godmod and to stay active?: *nods
Last edited by Organized States on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:41 am

Hippie Kiwis wrote:Sorry, no longer alone was the first real thread I took part in outside factbooks.

Really? NLA is the second International Incidents thread i have participated in!
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

- Arthur C. Clarke.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:47 am

Ok, just so everyone knows, Ellsworth was a Kennedy-esque figure, while, Wood, well, he's...

TREMBLE IN FEAR!
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Northern Arcadian Empire
Senator

Founded: May 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Arcadian Empire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:47 am

CODE: SELECT ALL
Nation Name: Arcadian Empire
National Leader(s): Emperor Frederick II
Military Size (must be less than 1 mill): 600,000 (450,000 active 150,000 reserves), 2 Halycon spaceships, 1 cargo spaceship, and a 1 space station.
Capital: Arcadia City
Biggest City: Arcadia City
Area (sq. km.): 229,848
Second Largest City: New Haven
Past RP example: *
Do you promise not to godmod and to stay active?: yes

*what do you mean
Last edited by Northern Arcadian Empire on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:24 am

Organized States wrote:Nation Name: Organized States
National Leader(s): President Robert Wood (S, NE)
Military Size (must be less than 1 mill): 1.2 million (over all services, plus Coast Guard)
Capital: Fairford
Biggest City: Fairford
Area (sq. km.): 9.912 million square kilometers
Second Largest City: New Simpson
Past RP example: *scoffs
Do you promise not to godmod and to stay active?: *nods

Hm... The army size is over 1 mil, but... Since it included the Coast Guard, i'm going to guess that less then the 1.2 mil will engage in combat. So, i guess you are ACCEPTED. Welcome to No Longer Alone 2.0. But keep in mind you will not be able to use all of it, ok? :)
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

- Arthur C. Clarke.

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:30 am

Northern Arcadian Empire wrote:CODE: SELECT ALL
Military Size (must be less than 1 mill): 600,000 (450,000 active 150,000 reserves), 2 Halycon spaceships, 1 cargo spaceship, and a 1 space station.
Past RP example: *

*what do you mean

Army size is ok, but... Spaceships? If they are military class, i'll ask you to remove them. If they aren't, please confirm what they are. The reason for this is that only the aliens should have spaceships, not the humans. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

And Past RP example means that you can link any RP's you previously have participated in. If you haven't, that's ok too.

As of now, i'll put you in the PENDING until you change the military.
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

- Arthur C. Clarke.

Northern Arcadian Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Arcadian Empire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:40 am

Military Size (must be less than 1 mill): 600,000 (450,000 active 150,000 reserves),1 cargo spaceship, and a 1 space station.
Past RP example: Zombie RP

There I fixed it

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:42 am

Northern Arcadian Empire wrote:
Military Size (must be less than 1 mill): 600,000 (450,000 active 150,000 reserves),1 cargo spaceship, and a 1 space station.
Past RP example: Zombie RP

There I fixed it

Ok, now that is much better! I guess i can happily say that you are ACCEPTED! Welcome to NLA 2.0. Hope you have a great time here.
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

- Arthur C. Clarke.

Northern Arcadian Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Arcadian Empire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:48 am

Thanks, so I just post on IC right?

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:49 am

Northern Arcadian Empire wrote:Thanks, so I just post on IC right?

Yes, go ahead. As a matter of fact, it's best if you do.
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

- Arthur C. Clarke.

Northern Arcadian Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Arcadian Empire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:07 am

Ok, anyway are you RPing as an Alien Race or Human

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:09 am

Northern Arcadian Empire wrote:Ok, anyway are you RPing as an Alien Race or Human

The nations accepted are listed on page 3. I'm a human, to answer your question.
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

- Arthur C. Clarke.

Northern Arcadian Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Arcadian Empire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:24 am

Ok, so.......what do your military look like in the RP

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:28 am

Northern Arcadian Empire wrote:Ok, so.......what do your military look like in the RP

The HAF consists of a total of 60 000 men, which 5000 is active. We focus on armoured warfare, so infantry is rare to see.
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

- Arthur C. Clarke.

Northern Arcadian Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Arcadian Empire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:31 am

I see, I find that infantry is the most important unit on the field, small agile, and harder to spot then a tank, if you look at my Factbook under units if the NAE that's what my infantry is divided into and what they look like, here's a link
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=nort ... /id=265881
This is what I use for all my RPs
Last edited by Northern Arcadian Empire on Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:36 am

Northern Arcadian Empire wrote:I see, I find that infantry is the most important unit on the field, small agile, and harder to spot then a tank, if you look at my Factbook under units if the NAE that's what my infantry is divided into and what they look like, here's a link
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=nort ... /id=265881
This is what I use for all my RPs

I can understand your reasoning, and in urban warfare, tanks are a no-no.
But on big open fields, tanks are more effective then infantry, especially in areas with low/no cover.
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

- Arthur C. Clarke.

Northern Arcadian Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Arcadian Empire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:38 am

Yea, I like tank but I also like infantry so I do half and half, and now adays most fighting is Ubran

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:54 am

Northern Arcadian Empire wrote:Yea, I like tanks, but I also like infantry so I do half and half, and now adays most fighting is Urban.

Maybe so. :p

And with that, i'm retiring for the night! Good night people!
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

- Arthur C. Clarke.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents