NATION

PASSWORD

No Longer Alone [Reboot, OOC, Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Riflemoor
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riflemoor » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:17 pm

Cool. I was just worried that you were going to have a fire-breathing, mind-reading alien with no weaknesses attached to its abilities (which might kind of hurt the RP), but you're good. The fat sacs thing was just me throwing out examples there.
Last edited by Riflemoor on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are Moors, and our adjective is Mooric.
Rommel Germany wrote:"...Anschluss?" - Soldier requesting permission to anschluss

"The way we win matters." ~Andrew Ender Wiggin, Ender's Game
Class O14
Military spaceplanes, naval railguns, NNEMP grenades, and missile defense shields. Experiments include cloaking devices, quantum computers, and arcologies. Please let me know if I'm being too PMT and I'll tone it down for you.

First and former Vice Chancellor of the New Warsaw Pact.
Apply for an embassy to Riflemoor here!

Lolloh
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolloh » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:19 pm

Riflemoor wrote:Cool. I was just worried that you were going to have a fire-breathing, mind-reading alien with no weaknesses attached to its abilities (which might kind of hurt the RP), but you're good. The fat sacs thing was just me throwing out examples there.

I'll admit I was going for impregnatability, but I understand your concern that they were too powerful. Thanks for clearing me, Mr Moor! :clap:
15, Social Democrat, Brony
Population is 135 million, plus 3 million in the colonies
National Army: 400,000 active (500,000 reserve)
Air Force: 100,000 active (200,000 reserve)
Navy: 200,000 active (400,000 reserve)
National Guard: 270,000 (all reserve)
Police Corps: 320,000 (paramilitary)
TOTAL: 2,400,000 (5.2/1000 active,17.8/1000 total)

My Embassy Program
Rainbow Dash is the best Mane 6, so join the Dashery

The Remnants of Kobol
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants of Kobol » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:39 pm

Riflemoor wrote:Well, assuming you're using fusion (as any self-respecting six-millenia-of-space-flight alien civilization should be), fifty-megaton yields should be relatively easy.

And no shielding? I would assume somebody in Kobol has been trying to figure out ways to prevent nuclear weapons from blowing things up short of shooting them down.

Our mode of FTL allows us to avoid all the problems of actually traveling faster than light and thus being bombarded by massive amounts of radiation. As for weapons, we use three meters of titanium reinforced with ceramic plating to absorb blasts and dissipate heat. Followed by a ten meter space and a second hull two meters thick of titanium. Given that in space, nuclear weapons are far less effective, this armour system has more or less worked with a high level of efficiency and we've been able to put our power towards other uses.

We've experimented with reactive armour and it proved effective against standard naval railguns, but not nuclear weapons. We have also been in the works of developing a shielding that is produced by generating a massive gravity well around the ship and creating a hyper-dense atmosphere as a sort of shield. At everything but a certain angle, it burns up physical objects and absorbs directed energy to a point that neutralizes it. We have yet to figure out how to get the gravity well to be localized. We destroyed our test ship by attracting and asteroid at near-luminal velocity towards it. Basically, I like the idea of keeping my nation as realistic and explainable to science as I can.

TL/DR:
Natum a bellum cinis.

Military Commander of the USGP
Never forget the USG
The USGP
Army: 35,856,000 Infantry Available for Homeworlds Defense (6,754,000 active)
Navy: 4 Strikestar Heavy Capital Warships, 54 Battlestars (Classes: 18 Mercury, 15 Jupiter, 21 Odin), 91 Gunstars
Marine Corps: 936,265 Marines
Expeditionary Forces: 2,573,958 explorers and settlers. 5 Jupiter Class Battlestars to support a fleet of transport and explorer ships.
Special Operations Command: ~12,000 Special Operations Personnel
Every able bodied/minded citizen between the ages of 18 and 35 is a member of the military, militia style. Ship numbers are less than the US Navy and spread over 13 planets.
"So Say We All."

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:56 pm

I think that language should play a big part in this. In the last RP, everyone just assumed that everyone could understand binary. The embrion use trinary or quaternary, so that won't work. I think I was the only one to incorporate language into the IC with my clicks and gurgles followed by lots of death post.
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

The Remnants of Kobol
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants of Kobol » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:52 pm

Hippie Kiwis wrote:I think that language should play a big part in this. In the last RP, everyone just assumed that everyone could understand binary. The embrion use trinary or quaternary, so that won't work. I think I was the only one to incorporate language into the IC with my clicks and gurgles followed by lots of death post.

I had a lot of language take part in the first No Longer Alone. I had to develope a translator device and all the humans needed to get translators to talk with me.

But this time, Senates and I are actually allies in an IC Alliance so I think it would be fair to say that I know the human languages (While they don't know mine).

Also, because of said alliance, at least with Senates and some other nations of Earth, I have a sort of protection pact to keep watch over the planet with no jurisdiction on the surface. If you guys think I should retract that claim from my IC post, I would happily to so. But I think even if previous alliances would be ignored for this RP, I think my nation would still have a pushy "No, this is ours" attitude towards other aliens coming to Earth.

Your guys' call though.
Natum a bellum cinis.

Never forget the USG
The USGP
Navy: 4 Strikestar Heavy Capital Warships, 54 Battlestars (Classes: 18 Mercury, 15 Jupiter, 21 Odin), 91 Gunstars
Expeditionary Forces: 2,573,958 explorers and settlers. 5 Jupiter Class Battlestars to support a fleet of transport and explorer ships.
Every able bodied/minded citizen between the ages of 18 and 35 is a member of the military, militia style. Ship numbers are less than the US Navy and spread over 13 planets.
"So Say We All."

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:54 pm

The Remnants of Kobol wrote:
Hippie Kiwis wrote:I think that language should play a big part in this. In the last RP, everyone just assumed that everyone could understand binary. The embrion use trinary or quaternary, so that won't work. I think I was the only one to incorporate language into the IC with my clicks and gurgles followed by lots of death post.

I had a lot of language take part in the first No Longer Alone. I had to develope a translator device and all the humans needed to get translators to talk with me.

But this time, Senates and I are actually allies in an IC Alliance so I think it would be fair to say that I know the human languages (While they don't know mine).

Also, because of said alliance, at least with Senates and some other nations of Earth, I have a sort of protection pact to keep watch over the planet with no jurisdiction on the surface. If you guys think I should retract that claim from my IC post, I would happily to so. But I think even if previous alliances would be ignored for this RP, I think my nation would still have a pushy "No, this is ours" attitude towards other aliens coming to Earth.

Your guys' call though.

okay, well... I'm aiming cannons at you right now and calling for reinforcements.
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

The Remnants of Kobol
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants of Kobol » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:09 am

Your nation always shoot first? You guys kind of just started blasting everything that moved in the last RP too...
Natum a bellum cinis.

Never forget the USG
The USGP
"So Say We All."

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:11 am

I haven't fired yet, but the embrion are touchy, and you have no record of their language.

The Remnants of Kobol
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants of Kobol » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:22 am

Following protocol. And we figured you might know one of the several thousand languages we have record of. Even if it's just one of your slaves that speaks it...
Natum a bellum cinis.

Never forget the USG
The USGP
"So Say We All."

The Remnants of Kobol
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants of Kobol » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:23 am

Oh, and I'm headed off for a while. Probably be more than 18 hours before I can come back to NS. Not that I mean to leave a cliff hanger, but I won't have access to internet.
Natum a bellum cinis.

Never forget the USG
The USGP
"So Say We All."

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Now that Kobol's ship is between the Hippie Kiwis ship and Earth, has it basically revealed itself to all the humans?
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Riflemoor
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Riflemoor » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:42 pm

I'm going to RP with it still camouflaged until Kobol says otherwise. He doesn't have to reveal himself to put himself between Earth and another ship.
Rommel Germany wrote:"...Anschluss?" - Soldier requesting permission to anschluss

Class O14
Military spaceplanes, naval railguns, NNEMP grenades, and missile defense shields. Experiments include cloaking devices, quantum computers, and arcologies. Please let me know if I'm being too PMT and I'll tone it down for you.

Lolloh
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolloh » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:46 pm

So... my ship should be in earth orbit by now, you'd pick it up, since they aren't expecting a space interception...
15, Social Democrat, Brony
Population is 135 million, plus 3 million in the colonies
National Army: 400,000 active (500,000 reserve)
Air Force: 100,000 active (200,000 reserve)
Navy: 200,000 active (400,000 reserve)
National Guard: 270,000 (all reserve)
Police Corps: 320,000 (paramilitary)
TOTAL: 2,400,000 (5.2/1000 active,17.8/1000 total)

My Embassy Program
Rainbow Dash is the best Mane 6, so join the Dashery

The Remnants of Kobol
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants of Kobol » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:21 pm

West Aurelia wrote:Now that Kobol's ship is between the Hippie Kiwis ship and Earth, has it basically revealed itself to all the humans?

You guys will see the interference moving, so you can extrapolate that there is something there. What, you have no idea.

Lolloh wrote:So... my ship should be in earth orbit by now, you'd pick it up, since they aren't expecting a space interception...

Funny enough, the message I sent was to you, not Kiwis. but either way it works.

Still working off my phone though, so I can't make a post on the IC...
Natum a bellum cinis.

Never forget the USG
The USGP
"So Say We All."

Riflemoor
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Riflemoor » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:11 pm

Lolloh, I don't think there's really any issue to take with your AI language decipherment (or at least, I don't take any). Assuming you have a large enough corpus of communications (which you could have easily acquired given a big antenna pointed at Earth) and enough processing power, you could definitely use math and a little bit of guesswork to put together a reasonably coherent message.

Class O14

Northern European Senates remnants
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern European Senates remnants » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:37 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=307390
New forum that you could join
By the way this is my awesome factbook it would be muchly appreciated if you rated it, Thankyou
Please rate this Factbook
[color=#0040FF]

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:09 pm

The Remnants of Kobol wrote:Following protocol. And we figured you might know one of the several thousand languages we have record of. Even if it's just one of your slaves that speaks it...

Perhaps one of the slave species would, but there are no slaves on the ship, it's a prospector.

The Remnants of Kobol
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants of Kobol » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:11 am

Hippie Kiwis wrote:
The Remnants of Kobol wrote:Following protocol. And we figured you might know one of the several thousand languages we have record of. Even if it's just one of your slaves that speaks it...

Perhaps one of the slave species would, but there are no slaves on the ship, it's a prospector.

I like how you guys don't even try to communicate though. Very interesting MO.
Natum a bellum cinis.

Never forget the USG
The USGP
"So Say We All."

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:00 am

If anyone wondered why i haven't posted in the thread lately, it's becuase i don't have anything to post about. I still follow the thread though.
Hotgrat is now humanverse. The ponyfied version would be Seierus.
Yukonastan wrote:Oh, by the way, snake. Because SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!? means death.
Sinovet wrote:FLUFF NUKE!!!!
Herargon wrote:Dammit! Kill a bit more people for their money, please! We need more money!
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

The Nexus of Man wrote:Grats.

"Two possibilites exist: Ether, we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
- Arthur C. Clarke.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:36 am

The Remnants of Kobol wrote:
Hippie Kiwis wrote:Perhaps one of the slave species would, but there are no slaves on the ship, it's a prospector.

I like how you guys don't even try to communicate though. Very interesting MO.

We don't often communicate by radio anyway.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:42 am

This is so much better now that I'm not in charge.

Betazoid
Secretary

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Betazoid » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:37 am

Hello guys, may I join this topic? I'm new but I promise to do my best to follow the general rules of this forum.

Nation Name: The Empire of Betazoid
Species Name: Betazoid
Homeworld: Betazed
Military Size (must be less that 1 mill):

- 700,000 ground soldiers but mostly for the defense of Betazed and Betazoid System.
- 10 fleets. Each fleet has 1 Heavy, 2 Medium, 4 Light (total 1800 personnel). 18000 in total. Only 2 fleets are allowed to deploy outside of Betazoid system.
- 4 Exploration star-ship (total 600 personnel).
- 750,000 grand-total (700,000 foot soldiers, 18600 star-ship crews, 31400 support personnel for star-ship shipyard, star-bases and other facilities)

# of ships (around earth): 1 (an exploration star-ship of Intrepid class is passing by Solar system)
# of planets: 1 home world, 4 colonies in Betazoid System
Leader(s): Matriarch. Diana Troy, Captain. Catherine Janeway, and maybe Admiral. Sky-Luck Picard (distance relative of Jean-Luc Picard, lol)
Similar to: Human, can cross-breed with Human
Past RP example: I'm new so please help me.
Do you promise not to godmod and to stay active?: Yes and Yes

Notation: edited contents are in italic
Last edited by Betazoid on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:17 am, edited 13 times in total.

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:40 am

Betazoid wrote:Hello guys, may I join this topic? I'm new but I promise to do my best to follow the general rules of this forum.

# of ships (around earth): 1 (an exploration star-ship of Intrepid class is passing by Solar system)
# of planets: 1 home world, 5 colonies in Betazoid System
Leader(s): Matriarch. Deanna Troy

Military size? Fill in that, and you should be good. Should be.
PENDING for now.
Yukonastan wrote:Oh, by the way, snake. Because SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!? means death.
Herargon wrote:Dammit! Kill a bit more people for their money, please! We need more money!
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

"Two possibilites exist: Ether, we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
- Arthur C. Clarke.

Betazoid
Secretary

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Betazoid » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:08 am

I edited it. Please check it out.

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:27 am

Betazoid wrote:Hello guys, may I join this topic? I'm new but I promise to do my best to follow the general rules of this forum.

- 700,000 ground soldiers but mostly for the defense of Betazed and Betazoid System.
- 10 fleets. Each fleet has 1 Heavy, 2 Medium, 4 Light (total 1800 personnel). 18000 in total. Only 2 fleets are allowed to deploy outside of Betazoid system.
- 4 Exploration star-ship (total 600 personnel).
- 750,000 grand-total (700,000 foot soldiers, 18600 star-ship crews, 31400 support personnel for star-ship shipyard, star-bases and other facilities)

# of planets: 1 home world, 4 colonies in Betazoid System
Leader(s): Matriarch. Diana Troy, Captain. Catherine Janeway, and maybe Admiral. Sky-Luck Picard (distance relative of Jean-Luc Picard, lol)

Notation: edited contents are in italic

Ok, sign up looks good. So without further ado, i'm doing to declare you ACCEPTED. Welcome to No Longer Alone 2.0.
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

- Arthur C. Clarke.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents