NATION

PASSWORD

No Longer Alone [Reboot, OOC, Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Northern Arcadian Empire
Senator

Founded: May 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Arcadian Empire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:51 pm

Cya!

Northern Arcadian Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Arcadian Empire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:05 pm

Anyone still alive on this thread?

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Northern Arcadian Empire wrote:Anyone still alive on this thread?

Yes. Dude, slow down, RP's aren't normally over this fast...
Hotgrat is now humanverse. The ponyfied version would be Seierus.
Yukonastan wrote:Oh, by the way, snake. Because SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!? means death.
Sinovet wrote:FLUFF NUKE!!!!
Herargon wrote:Dammit! Kill a bit more people for their money, please! We need more money!
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

The Nexus of Man wrote:Grats.

"Two possibilites exist: Ether, we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
- Arthur C. Clarke.

Northern Arcadian Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Arcadian Empire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:34 pm

Sorry, when I normally start RPs I come in while there somewhat popular, plus I full of adrenaline form a long run I went on

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Northern Arcadian Empire wrote:Sorry, when I normally start RPs I come in while there somewhat popular, plus I full of adrenaline form a long run I went on

Well, it seems that currently the rp'ers of this thread are offline or something. So please, have patience.
Yukonastan wrote:Oh, by the way, snake. Because SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!? means death.
Herargon wrote:Dammit! Kill a bit more people for their money, please! We need more money!
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

"Two possibilites exist: Ether, we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
- Arthur C. Clarke.

Northern Arcadian Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Arcadian Empire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:47 pm

Ok

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:34 pm

Organized States wrote:Ok, just so everyone knows, Ellsworth was a Kennedy-esque figure, while, Wood, well, he's...

TREMBLE IN FEAR!

Things I've learned from House of Cards:
1. Frank Underwood is a dick
2. Frank Underwood is a genius

Also, there is a House of Cards RP which I am participating in: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=305471
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:40 am

West Aurelia wrote:
Organized States wrote:Ok, just so everyone knows, Ellsworth was a Kennedy-esque figure, while, Wood, well, he's...

TREMBLE IN FEAR!

Things I've learned from House of Cards:
1. Frank Underwood is a dick
2. Frank Underwood is a genius

Also, there is a House of Cards RP which I am participating in: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=305471

Frank Underwood, is the smartest dick that ever lived....
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

The Remnants of Kobol
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants of Kobol » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:30 pm

Yup, we're still here. I've been at work a lot the last few days, so I only logged in and didn't see anything. I'll be here... Don't you worry.
Natum a bellum cinis.

Military Commander of the USGP
Never forget the USG
The USGP
Army: 35,856,000 Infantry Available for Homeworlds Defense (6,754,000 active)
Navy: 4 Strikestar Heavy Capital Warships, 54 Battlestars (Classes: 18 Mercury, 15 Jupiter, 21 Odin), 91 Gunstars
Marine Corps: 936,265 Marines
Expeditionary Forces: 2,573,958 explorers and settlers. 5 Jupiter Class Battlestars to support a fleet of transport and explorer ships.
Special Operations Command: ~12,000 Special Operations Personnel
Every able bodied/minded citizen between the ages of 18 and 35 is a member of the military, militia style. Ship numbers are less than the US Navy and spread over 13 planets.
"So Say We All."

Lolloh
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolloh » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:06 pm

I'm fine either way, so if you need more human nations, just ask.

Nation Name: The Calimoon Federation
Species Name: Dravesels
Homeworld: Calimoon
Military Size (must be less that 1 mill): 800,000 total and 300,000 active
# of ships (around earth): 30
# of planets: 118 (37 would be considered inhabited by large populations, the rest have small colonies ranging from a dozen to several hundred, but make up insignificant amounts of the population)
Leader(s): President of the Federation Wikili Hamastho (Female, Head of Government), President of the People Qelli Gatuthri (Female, Head of State), Minister of Defense Ekluth von Calimaya (Female, Minister of Defense)
Similar to: Foxes, but the size of elephants and with dragon wings and fire-breathing/mind-reading capabilities
Past RP example: Will get back to you on that one
Do you promise not to godmod and to stay active?: The first one, yes, but school's coming up in a week and I'll only be able to post on weekends after that
15, Social Democrat, Brony
Population is 135 million, plus 3 million in the colonies
National Army: 400,000 active (500,000 reserve)
Air Force: 100,000 active (200,000 reserve)
Navy: 200,000 active (400,000 reserve)
National Guard: 270,000 (all reserve)
Police Corps: 320,000 (paramilitary)
TOTAL: 2,400,000 (5.2/1000 active,17.8/1000 total)

My Embassy Program
Rainbow Dash is the best Mane 6, so join the Dashery

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:57 pm

Lolloh wrote:I'm fine either way, so if you need more human nations, just ask.

Nation Name: The Calimoon Federation
Species Name: Dravesels
Homeworld: Calimoon
Military Size (must be less that 1 mill): 800,000 total and 300,000 active
# of ships (around earth): 30
# of planets: 118 (37 would be considered inhabited by large populations, the rest have small colonies ranging from a dozen to several hundred, but make up insignificant amounts of the population)
Leader(s): President of the Federation Wikili Hamastho (Female, Head of Government), President of the People Qelli Gatuthri (Female, Head of State), Minister of Defense Ekluth von Calimaya (Female, Minister of Defense)
Similar to: Foxes, but the size of elephants and with dragon wings and fire-breathing/mind-reading capabilities
Past RP example: Will get back to you on that one
Do you promise not to godmod and to stay active?: The first one, yes, but school's coming up in a week and I'll only be able to post on weekends after that

Let's see. The signup looks good, but... I'm a little concerned about the fire breathing and mind reading part. However, i'm going to suppose the mind reading would be useless against humans, since they speak a diffrent language, and the fire breathing part is... Well... Despite that, i've decided to officially make you ACCEPTED.
Last edited by Hotgrat on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

- Arthur C. Clarke.

Riflemoor
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riflemoor » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:39 am

If he can give a solid scientific explanation for both, then I have no issue.
We are Moors, and our adjective is Mooric.
Rommel Germany wrote:"...Anschluss?" - Soldier requesting permission to anschluss

"The way we win matters." ~Andrew Ender Wiggin, Ender's Game
Class O14
Military spaceplanes, naval railguns, NNEMP grenades, and missile defense shields. Experiments include cloaking devices, quantum computers, and arcologies. Please let me know if I'm being too PMT and I'll tone it down for you.

First and former Vice Chancellor of the New Warsaw Pact.
Apply for an embassy to Riflemoor here!

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:54 am

Riflemoor wrote:If he can give a solid scientific explanation for both, then I have no issue.

After reading the description, I didn't think of an intelligent race of alien beings. Perhaps these creatures could be equivalent to war dogs that we use, with their masters being the real enemy.
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Riflemoor
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Riflemoor » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Wings and elephant sized foxes? Sure. But the biology behind fire breathing and mind reading needs to be explained to me before I'm content with it. Both have drawbacks. For instance, if your aliens can spit fire, then you need a medium and some set of organelles to start the fire, which is energy intensive. You could say 'well they have fat sacs in their throat that can spit the fuel and then some kind of bioelectrical amplifier as an ignition' because that causes weaknesses in addition to the obvious strength of being able to spit fire. Either the metabolism of the creatures is absolutely nuclear or they will run out of fuel very fast, and it won't be very effective in high-wind environments or over long ranges, and if their metabolism is fast enough to fill up on fuel in combat situations, they will need enormous amounts of food. Mind reading is the same. Perhaps the body of the creature is a gigantic antenna capable of picking up bioelectricity; in essence, a bioelectrical radar. However, on Earth, they would be very inefficient hunters because of the enormous amount of white noise we have on our planet, and they would need to be trained to interpret human neuron firing. Plus, their mind-reading powers could be defeated by a tinfoil hat and a few electromagnets, and an EMP would likely obliterate them.

Now you see the value of SCIENCE.
Rommel Germany wrote:"...Anschluss?" - Soldier requesting permission to anschluss

Class O14
Military spaceplanes, naval railguns, NNEMP grenades, and missile defense shields. Experiments include cloaking devices, quantum computers, and arcologies. Please let me know if I'm being too PMT and I'll tone it down for you.

Northern Arcadian Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Arcadian Empire » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:57 pm

SCIENCE!!! Is (somewhat) AMAZING!!!

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:12 pm

Northern Arcadian Empire wrote:SCIENCE!!! Is (somewhat) AMAZING!!!

Science. The thing needed for an improved lifestyle. It's been proven that science prevails over faith. So... SCIENCE!
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

- Arthur C. Clarke.

Northern Arcadian Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Arcadian Empire » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:53 pm

FOR SCIENCE!!!!!

The Remnants of Kobol
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants of Kobol » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:02 pm

Riflemoor wrote:Wings and elephant sized foxes? Sure. But the biology behind fire breathing and mind reading needs to be explained to me before I'm content with it. Both have drawbacks. For instance, if your aliens can spit fire, then you need a medium and some set of organelles to start the fire, which is energy intensive. You could say 'well they have fat sacs in their throat that can spit the fuel and then some kind of bioelectrical amplifier as an ignition' because that causes weaknesses in addition to the obvious strength of being able to spit fire. Either the metabolism of the creatures is absolutely nuclear or they will run out of fuel very fast, and it won't be very effective in high-wind environments or over long ranges, and if their metabolism is fast enough to fill up on fuel in combat situations, they will need enormous amounts of food. Mind reading is the same. Perhaps the body of the creature is a gigantic antenna capable of picking up bioelectricity; in essence, a bioelectrical radar. However, on Earth, they would be very inefficient hunters because of the enormous amount of white noise we have on our planet, and they would need to be trained to interpret human neuron firing. Plus, their mind-reading powers could be defeated by a tinfoil hat and a few electromagnets, and an EMP would likely obliterate them.

Oh, well our main anti-ship weaponry is 50 megaton nuclear warheads. So the EMP blast would fry them even if the nuke missed. Plus I think they'll enjoy my radar jammer. That EM static field should keep them out.
Natum a bellum cinis.

Never forget the USG
The USGP
Navy: 4 Strikestar Heavy Capital Warships, 54 Battlestars (Classes: 18 Mercury, 15 Jupiter, 21 Odin), 91 Gunstars
Expeditionary Forces: 2,573,958 explorers and settlers. 5 Jupiter Class Battlestars to support a fleet of transport and explorer ships.
Every able bodied/minded citizen between the ages of 18 and 35 is a member of the military, militia style. Ship numbers are less than the US Navy and spread over 13 planets.
"So Say We All."

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:06 pm

Hotgrat wrote:
Northern Arcadian Empire wrote:SCIENCE!!! Is (somewhat) AMAZING!!!

Science. The thing needed for an improved lifestyle. It's been proven that science prevails over faith. So... SCIENCE!

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
-Albert Einstein
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:06 am

Riflemoor wrote:Wings and elephant sized foxes? Sure. But the biology behind fire breathing and mind reading needs to be explained to me before I'm content with it. Both have drawbacks. For instance, if your aliens can spit fire, then you need a medium and some set of organelles to start the fire, which is energy intensive. You could say 'well they have fat sacs in their throat that can spit the fuel and then some kind of bioelectrical amplifier as an ignition' because that causes weaknesses in addition to the obvious strength of being able to spit fire. Either the metabolism of the creatures is absolutely nuclear or they will run out of fuel very fast, and it won't be very effective in high-wind environments or over long ranges, and if their metabolism is fast enough to fill up on fuel in combat situations, they will need enormous amounts of food. Mind reading is the same. Perhaps the body of the creature is a gigantic antenna capable of picking up bioelectricity; in essence, a bioelectrical radar. However, on Earth, they would be very inefficient hunters because of the enormous amount of white noise we have on our planet, and they would need to be trained to interpret human neuron firing. Plus, their mind-reading powers could be defeated by a tinfoil hat and a few electromagnets, and an EMP would likely obliterate them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQR1r1KTjaE
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Riflemoor
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Riflemoor » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:17 am

The Remnants of Kobol wrote:Oh, well our main anti-ship weaponry is 50 megaton nuclear warheads. So the EMP blast would fry them even if the nuke missed. Plus I think they'll enjoy my radar jammer. That EM static field should keep them out.

That is a lot of fissile material.

Class O14

The Remnants of Kobol
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants of Kobol » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Riflemoor wrote:
The Remnants of Kobol wrote:Oh, well our main anti-ship weaponry is 50 megaton nuclear warheads. So the EMP blast would fry them even if the nuke missed. Plus I think they'll enjoy my radar jammer. That EM static field should keep them out.

That is a lot of fissile material.

Several star system encompassing FTL capable nation. I've got plenty of resources and I've had 6,000 IC years of space flight to get to that level. The fact that I'm not using directed energy weapons and shielding by now has me pretty far behind in the grand scheme of things.

Edit: Plus 50 megaton is only the size of the Tsar Bomba.
Last edited by The Remnants of Kobol on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Natum a bellum cinis.

Never forget the USG
The USGP
"So Say We All."

The Remnants of Kobol
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants of Kobol » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:40 pm

Oh, and Lolloh, what languages do your people speak? I just want this upfront so we don't start bitching about you reading everyone's minds. I can see that really getting abused to the point of "Metagaming, the Perk!"... This way, it's OOC stated before anything happens so we can talk about it first and no one starts throwing around complaints or insults. We failed to talk about stuff like this last time which is why it's now a reboot...
Natum a bellum cinis.

Never forget the USG
The USGP
"So Say We All."

Riflemoor
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Riflemoor » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:45 pm

Well, assuming you're using fusion (as any self-respecting six-millenia-of-space-flight alien civilization should be), fifty-megaton yields should be relatively easy.

And no shielding? I would assume somebody in Kobol has been trying to figure out ways to prevent nuclear weapons from blowing things up short of shooting them down.

Class O14

Lolloh
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolloh » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:31 pm

Riflemoor wrote:Wings and elephant sized foxes? Sure. But the biology behind fire breathing and mind reading needs to be explained to me before I'm content with it. Both have drawbacks. For instance, if your aliens can spit fire, then you need a medium and some set of organelles to start the fire, which is energy intensive. You could say 'well they have fat sacs in their throat that can spit the fuel and then some kind of bioelectrical amplifier as an ignition' because that causes weaknesses in addition to the obvious strength of being able to spit fire. Either the metabolism of the creatures is absolutely nuclear or they will run out of fuel very fast, and it won't be very effective in high-wind environments or over long ranges, and if their metabolism is fast enough to fill up on fuel in combat situations, they will need enormous amounts of food.

I've decided to omit the mind-reading parts, due to Hotgrat's request.

However, the fire isn't caused by fat sacs or anything like that. It'd be something similar to a 2nd gall bladder in the throat, which fills with chemicals that, when they come into contact with oxygen, burst into flames. Kinda like napalm. Of course, you could say that it'd burn them as well, but it'd obviously take a few seconds for the liquid to ignite, at which point it's passed the fox. You wouldn't necessarily need a very large metabolism to store that much liquid, and it isn't like you spit fire at people on a daily basis. My assumption is that it'd take at least a day to fully regenerate after two or three good-sized attacks. Not overly effective, but it beats not being able to fire-breath in the first place. :lol:

Now you (also) understand SCIENCE!
15, Social Democrat, Brony
Population is 135 million, plus 3 million in the colonies
National Army: 400,000 active (500,000 reserve)
Air Force: 100,000 active (200,000 reserve)
Navy: 200,000 active (400,000 reserve)
National Guard: 270,000 (all reserve)
Police Corps: 320,000 (paramilitary)
TOTAL: 2,400,000 (5.2/1000 active,17.8/1000 total)

My Embassy Program
Rainbow Dash is the best Mane 6, so join the Dashery

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents