NATION

PASSWORD

The GAF 3rd Foreign Fighter Squadron (Semi Closed; Astyria)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Terre des Gaules
Envoy

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Father Knows Best State

The GAF 3rd Foreign Fighter Squadron (Semi Closed; Astyria)

Postby Terre des Gaules » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:08 am

Le 3ème Escadrille Chasseur Étranger

It is 1920, and the region of Astyria is about to be engulfed in the largest war they have ever seen. Alliances have been made and the continents of Astyria are about to plunge in to chaos as those alliances are honored, despite the weak justifications for hostile action. From the tropical, steamy jungles of Hesperedisa, to the cold tundra and jagged mountains of Lorecia, to the breezy shores of the Mederano and Jajich and the desolate desertscape of Southern Astyria and the Al-Raha, armies align to pour over old disputed borders.

Terre Des Gaules, or simply Gaul, is bound to secretly fulfill her former glory, but trumpets more nobler causes of freedom and democracy to those Astyrians that will listen. They are at the forefront of nations hanging on the edge, ready to rampage across the region. Having amassed her largest military force since the epic days of Emperor Napoleon's rule, and possibly the largest in Astyria in the early 20th Century, Gaul is set to bring justice to the malevolent alliance of the Northern Powers, but surreptitiously add to her colonial possessions in the process.

The call goes out for foreign fighters to swell the Gaulic ranks. Not only in the infantry, where the Regiments of the Foreign Legion will create legends for the history books, but also in the new battle frontier of the skies. As it is only one decade into the field of military flight, Le 3ème Escadrille Chasseur Étranger (The 3rd Foreign Fighter Squadron) needs experienced pilots from all corners of the globe to outfit this unique, elite unit that will help to spearhead major operations. The area of service will vary from the homeland of Gaul, to its sister ethnic nation of Haguenau, the tropical colony of Cote d'Cuivre, the windswept African-like desert colony of Kamalbia, or along the front lines of allied nations in the cold north of Astyria, such as Yellosia. Heroes are desperately needed. Will you heed the call?

[IMPORTANT OOC Note: This is for an upcoming Astyrian PT RP. Astyrian region members will be able to RP their own characters. Those from outside our region that want to submit characters may do so, but they will NOT be able to RP them in our regional RP. I will be RPing non-Astyrian characters based on the bios provided. Please fill out the application as completely as possible. Please paste over info in parenthesis. Acceptance is NOT guaranteed for either Astyrians or Non-Astyrians. Also, keep in mind that NS Gaulic French is evolved, but different, from RL French, so grammatical and spelling corrections are appreciated, but unnecessary. Thanks for your understanding.]

FORCES AÉRIENNES DES GAULES

Code: Select all
[u]APPLICATION FOR THE 3ème ESCADRILLE CHASSEUR ÉTRANGER[/u]
[b]Date of Application[/b]: (DD/MM/YY; in the range of 1918 - 1920; will help establish seniority)
[b]Applicant Name (Last name, First name):[/b]
[b]Nation of Origin:[/b]
[b]Current Nationality:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[b]Birthdate:[/b](DD/MM/YY)
[b]Last Military rank or Civilian position:[/b]
[b]Religion:[/b]
[b]Ideology:[/b]
[b]Next of kin:[/b]
[b]Previous detailed Military or Civilian Experience Flight Experience:[/b]
[b]Other Biographical Details:[/b]
[b]Other Pertinent Cultural information:[/b]
[b]Do you want to control your character, or do you want me to?[/b] (Astyrian or Probation members only; Non-Astyrian region members will have their character controlled by me, with no choice in the matter.)
Last edited by Terre des Gaules on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Franco-cultured nation that speaks a dialect of French, and shares some persons and characteristics with our dimension's France, but retained the name of the barbarian tribes that ranged most of that area.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:28 am

APPLICATION FOR THE 3ème ESCADRILLE CHASSEUR ÉTRANGER
Date of Application: 12 April 1919
Applicant Name : Garzala, Dominic
Nation of Origin: Neu Engollon
Current Nationality: Neu Engollian
Ethnicity: Roman-Neu Engollian
Birthdate: 26 Nov 1898
Last Military rank or Civilian position: Captain
Religion: Calvinist Christian
Ideology: None really, not a fan of anarchists or Bolshevists, but hate is too strong a word.
Next of kin: Lucetta (mother) and Giovanni (father), Sophie Deneut (fiancée)

Previous detailed Military or Civilian Experience Flight Experience:
Dominic Garzala served his conscription in the NEDF dutifully. The best chance of adventure was for him to transfer to the new flying corps that was established in 1916, then called the NEDMAF - Neu Engollon Defense Militia Air Force (Later to become its own branch and change monikers to the NEDAF). First he served as a scout, then trained as a fighter pilot. He flew under the tutelage of Colonel Theodor Real, the founder of the NEDAF, but grew tired of mock battles and routine patrols. Knowing that he had a better chance of seeing action and adventure in a nation that is not neutral and at peace, he packed up and headed west, next door to Gaul. With the amount of colonial wars the Gauls have fought and their willingness to make an imprint on Astyria, he was lured in by promises of glory and better pay for pilots.

Other Biographical Details:
Born in a small town near Torino, Dominic led a perfectly normal, mundane life of a typical citizen of the Confederacy. With the dawning of the 20th century and the rapid advancement of technology, he was fascinated and inspired by all the new inventions, like autos and electricity, which was slow to spread to the common working classes of Neu Engollon, but wildly in demand. His first sight of an airplane was life changing. He knew that he would never be able to afford a plane, or training to fly, if not for the military, so when called up for conscription service, he transferred as soon as he was able. Not happy with the stagnation in the NEDAF, he wanted to join a fighter squadron that would see real action.
He is now one of the best pilots to ever fly in the NEDAF, and if Real could cajole him back, he would.

Other Pertinent Cultural information: Unbeknownst to Garzala, or the NEDF, he will miss out on the biggest war to hit Neu Engollon in a century, when they clash over borders with the Austrog Republic just before the start of the larger Great Astyrian War. Neu Engollon is not a militant nation, but they are very reactive when they feel threatened.
They are made up of three main ethnic groups with many cantons consisting of a majority of one or the others: Gaulic, Roman and Teutonic.

Do you want to control your character, or do you want me to? I may let you. Not decided yet.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:10 pm

Date of Application: (24/2/1918; in the range of 1918 - 1920; will help establish seniority)
Applicant Name (Last name, First name): Düdrae, Dudre
Nation of Origin: Aquitayne
Current Nationality: Aquitaynian
Ethnicity: Vik'Rus
Birthdate:17/5/1891
Last Military rank or Civilian position: 2nd Lieutenant
Religion: Astyrianese
Ideology: Liberal reformist
Next of kin: None
Previous detailed Military or Civilian Experience Flight Experience: Lieutenant Düdrae was a test pilot for experimental Aquitaynian aircraft both in the civilian and military sectors. When the Aquitaynian Army's Provisional Air Corps Advisory Board was taking submissions for civilian contracts into military aircraft for the purpose of reconnaissance, Lieutenant Düdrae was a primary volunteer to take up the dangerous mission of test-flying these aircraft.

The Lieutenant gained promotion when he advanced into the fighter aircraft of the Army Air Corps, and became a flight leader on the northern border with Falkasia. The Lieutenant was up for promotion to Captaincy when a motor accident in which a fatality was observed siderailed his career. Though he was not found guilty, the Lieutenant felt guilt for the death and began drinking heavily, which in turn affected his flying and military career, and was discharged in 1912 at the age of 21.
Other Biographical Details: Began drinking heavily in 1910, and has been alcohol free since 1913 when he began to get his life back together.
Other Pertinent Cultural information: None really.
Do you want to control your character, or do you want me to? You do it.
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Terre des Gaules
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Terre des Gaules » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:54 pm

3ème ESCADRILLE CHASSEUR ÉTRANGER

2 MAI 1919

To Dominic Garzala,

I am most pleased to tell you that your application for entry into the elite 3rd Squadron (Foreign Legion) is accepted. We would be more than happy to have you flying and fighting for the glory of Gaul.
I am authorized to commission you as a Lieutenant in Les Forces Aériennes des Gaules. Possible promotion to Capitaine will be based on subsequent performance. Please bring any relevant service documents you may possess.
Unfortunately, I am unable to authorize a travel stipend with which you can convey yourself to our location.
Considering the proximity of Neu Engollon, we will give you one week to get your affairs in order and make it to our mustering center at Nangilles, Southeast of Paritte. There, you will have a flight test with one of our instructors in order to confirm claims of experience.

We will reserve a spot from one week of receipt of this letter, which will be confirmed by telegram of delivery.
Welcome to the FORCES AÉRIENNES DES GAULES.

Sincerely,
Major Gaston Linsau,
Commander of 3ème Escadrille Chasseur Étranger
Forces Aeriennes Des Gaules
Last edited by Terre des Gaules on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
A Franco-cultured nation that speaks a dialect of French, and shares some persons and characteristics with our dimension's France, but retained the name of the barbarian tribes that ranged most of that area.

Terre des Gaules
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Terre des Gaules » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:56 pm

8 MARS 1918

To Dudre Düdrae,

I am most pleased to tell you that your application for entry into the elite 3rd Squadron (Foreign Legion) is accepted. We would be more than happy to have you flying and fighting for the glory of Gaul.
I am authorized to commission you as a Lieutenant in Les Forces Aériennes des Gaules. Please bring any relevant service documents you may possess.
Unfortunately, I am unable to authorize a travel stipend with which you can convey yourself to our location. Considering the proximity of Aquitayne, we will give you three weeks to get your affairs in order and make it to our mustering center at Nangilles, Southeast of Paritte. There, you will have a flight test with one of our instructors in order to confirm claims of experience.
We will reserve a spot from one week of receipt of this letter, which will be confirmed by telegram of delivery.

Sincerely,
Major Gaston Linsau,
Last edited by Terre des Gaules on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Romberg
Senator

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:53 am

Date of Application: 09/09/19
Applicant Name (Last name, First name): Freiherr von Kronenberger, Markus
Nation of Origin: Romberg
Current Nationality: Rombergian
Ethnicity: Austrian German
Birthdate:25/07/1884
Last Military rank or Civilian position: Hauptmann (Captain)
Religion: Catholic
Ideology: Conservative monarchist
Next of kin: Stefanie Freifrau von Hofstadter (wife - maiden name used as in Rombergian custom)
Previous detailed Military or Civilian Experience Flight Experience: Entering the Rombergian Army as an officer cadet due to noble roots, Markus advanced through the ranks fairly stably, achieving the rank of Hauptmann in around 1905, and decided to join the newly established aviation detachment of the Rombergian Army in 1912. With government budget cuts, he was released from his commission in 1916, and as a career military officer, has been searching for a military position ever since. Though he lacks direct military combat experience as a pilot, he does have several hundred flight hours in the air.
Other Biographical Details: Born to hereditary nobility back when old world customs still permeated Rombergian society, and back when the meritocratic system was not yet re-introduced, Markus enjoyed a childhood of Baronial splendour on the family's extensive lands in the South of Romberg. He attended school at several of the nation's most prestigious academies, and graduated with decent grades. Following his family's tradition, he thus enlisted in the military once he was of age, back when conscription did not exist. Starting with a basic officer rank due to his noble lineage, he thus rose through the ranks in infantry before his interest in technology got the better of him, and following a demonstration during an airshow in Neu Engollon, decided to join the newly-established Rombergian air detachment of the Army, established with Austrian support. By the time he was let go in 1916, he already had significant flying experience but none in combat. Nevertheless, understanding his destiny to become a career military officer, he decided to find any military job possible, and was pleased knowing of the requirement for pilots in the Gaulish Air Force.
Other Pertinent Cultural information: Speaks and understands French, but has a very heavy German accent due to his background. A heavy drinker, he is rarely seen sober out of military service. Belongs to the small pure German minority of Romberg, and is a second-generation immigrant from Austria.
Do you want to control your character, or do you want me to? Thou shalt controlleth.
Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

Storefronts: Holding Company|Airline|Railway

Terre des Gaules
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Terre des Gaules » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:37 am

17 SEP 1919

To Markus Freiherr von Kronenberger,

I am authorized to commission you as a Lieutenant in Les Forces Aériennes des Gaules. Possible promotion to Capitaine will be based on subsequent performance. Please bring any relevant service documents you may possess.
Unfortunately, I am unable to authorize a travel stipend with which you can convey yourself to our location.
Considering the proximity of Romberg, we will give you four weeks to get your affairs in order and make it to our mustering center at Nangilles, Southeast of Paritte. There, you will have a flight test with one of our instructors in order to confirm claims of experience.

Sincerely,
Major Gaston Linsau,
Last edited by Terre des Gaules on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lux Santus
Secretary

Founded: Jun 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lux Santus » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:00 pm

Date of Application: (DD/MM/YY; in the range of 1918 - 1920; will help establish seniority)
Applicant Name (Last name, First name): Neuman, Ross
Nation of Origin: Arcadia
Current Nationality: Arcadian
Ethnicity: Solari Arcadian
Birthdate:(10/05/94)
Last Military rank or Civilian position: Civilian
Religion: None
Ideology: None, not interested in the political process
Next of kin: None, adopted orphan
Previous detailed Military or Civilian Experience Flight Experience: 10 years of civil aviation experience delivering messages in all parts of the country
Other Biographical Details: Grew up around planes, where his adoptive father was an aged aviation mechanic. After his father died, he went on in succeeding his father's work and flying his very own creations. Very much an experimenter, the mid-aged Ross is willing to pull of tricks while he's from from his duties in which he sends priority message from different parts of the country ranging from regular civilians to local officials.
Other Pertinent Cultural information: Not sure at the moment
Do you want to control your character, or do you want me to? I can control my character.

Terre des Gaules
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Terre des Gaules » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:45 pm

10 OCT 1919

To Ross Neuman,

I am authorized to commission you as a Flying Officer in Les Forces Aériennes des Gaules.
Considering the proximity of Arcadia, we will give you five weeks to get your affairs in order and make it to our mustering center at Nangilles, Southeast of Paritte. There, you will have a flight test with one of our instructors in order to confirm claims of experience.

Sincerely,
Major Gaston Linsau,

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:27 pm

Date of Application: 5/28/1918
Applicant Name :Oscar Ó Tuathaigh
Nation of Origin:The Kingdom of Mcnernia
Current Nationality:Rhodanian
Ethnicity:Celtic
Birthdate:5/21/1893
Last Military rank or Civilian position:Flying Officer Mcnernian Royal Flying Corps
Religion:Imperial Catholic
Ideology:Libertarian
Next of kin:Brother, Dónall
Trained Royal Aviator in the Royal Flying Corps trained to fly the aircraft that were used for the Corps. The F.2b has proven to be his weapon of choice after his Spothwith camel was shot down in one of the numerous wars. He is a skilled and trained combat pilot due to his fighting aginst various states on Mcnernias Frontiers that threaten the Empire.
Other Biographical Details:
Quiet, grim, not inclined to talk to others. Save to reprimand a subordinate.
Other Pertinent Cultural information:
Mcnernian soldiers tend to not joke. Rhodanian settlers are not as racist as would be thought. Namely they are cynical of black people.
Do you want to control your character, or do you want me to? (Astyrian or Probation members only; Non-Astyrian region members will have their character controlled by me, with no choice in the matter.)
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

The Marcher States
Attaché

Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marcher States » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:27 pm

Date of Application: 04/22/1918
Applicant Name (Last name, First name): Cole, John F. X.
Nation of Origin: The Federation of Marcher States
Current Nationality: Marcher
Ethnicity: Secaanni Marcher
Birthdate:(DD/MM/YY) 09/16/95
Last Military rank or Civilian position: Junior Lieutenant, FMSA
Religion: Agnostic (raised Catholic)
Ideology: Left-leaning
Next of kin: Annie R. Cole (wife), 47 Poyes Drive, Destin Cove, Secaann, The Marcher States
-Joined Marcher Army in May 1915
-Selected for Special Observation School on 12 November 1915
-Graduated flight training (#5/30 candidates, 50% washout rate) on 2 April 1916, assigned to 2nd Observation Battalion,1st Heavy Artillery Corps
-Flew SPAD S.XII against the Republic of Camden during border skirmishes throughout 1916-1917. 2 victories against Camdeni Albatrosses
-Picked up side job with Monty's Flying Circus, Ballston Army Aerodrome in September 1917 as a stunt flyer
-Court-martialed and subsequently given an honorary discharge on 5 October 1917 for crashing an Army SPAD during an airshow with Monty's
Other Biographical Details: The son of a lobsterman, Johnny Cole grew up hating the sea and everything about it (partly because of an extreme aversion to shellfish). Cole left home the first chance he got and joined the Army. His first tastes of war didn't change him all that much, and he still corresponds with both of the Camdeni pilots he shot down in border skirmishes. As a part-time stunt flyer with Monty's Flying Circus, he went by the stage name "The Flying Jester," with a record of 40 performances at Ballston Army Aerodrome before an incident with a clothesline caused his plane to crash. The Army promptly canned him, primarily because the clothesline and petticoats on it belonged to the wife of a senior wing officer.
Other Pertinent Cultural information: Big-time jokester. Always there with a wisecrack or a crude practical joke.
Do you want to control your character, or do you want me to? (Astyrian or Probation members only; Non-Astyrian region members will have their character controlled by me, with no choice in the matter.) Non-Astyrian
The Federation of Marcher States
The Artist formerly known as Marcheria I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS!

Terre des Gaules
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Terre des Gaules » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:50 pm

12 JUN 1918

To Oscar Ó Tuathaigh,

I am authorized to commission you as a Flying Officer in Les Forces Aériennes des Gaules.
Considering the proximity of Mcnernia, we will give you four weeks to get your affairs in order and make it to our mustering center at Nangilles, Southeast of Paritte. There, you will have a flight test with one of our instructors in order to confirm claims of experience.

Sincerely,
Major Gaston Linsau,

Terre des Gaules
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Terre des Gaules » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:42 pm

17 MAI 1918

To John Cole,

I am authorized to commission you as a Junior Lieutenant in Les Forces Aériennes des Gaules.
Considering the proximity of The Marcher States, we will give you four weeks to get your affairs in order and make it to our mustering center at Nangilles, Southeast of Paritte. There, you will have a flight test with one of our instructors in order to confirm claims of experience.

Sincerely,
Major Gaston Linsau,

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents