NATION

PASSWORD

Open Letter From the Mentor Team, Re: Security Council

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hobbesistan
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:32 am

Bentus wrote:
The Leningrad Union wrote:What the actual fuck?

You roleplayers and generalites really need to do some more exploring of GP before making statements like this. Back in the day when I was a clueless RPer/NSGer, I thought R/D was evil and should be banned too, but I 'got out more' and realized that it's a part of the game and arguably one of the best and most important parts of the game.

Mate, that's what we're saying. It started off as an accident (maybe 'glitch' was too strong a word) but was kept because it was fun for a community. Hence, it's a part of NS now. But it is just PART. Just like RP, the WA and the rest. Nobody should be forced into it without their consent just to gain access to the rest.

So starting a petition to demote a mod for playing the game is how you plan on accomplishing this?

I'm looking at you, II mentors.
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

(Ret.) Maintainer of the Nationstates FAQ and Deletiger (Ret.) of The East Pacific
russia's greatest

Hobbes is always winning, like Charlie Sheen. - Jurisdictions
love machine

Stop right there (hobbes), your rational thought and intellect will destroy the internet. - Sovreignry
it was a shame how

Giraffes think Hobbes regret a lot. A lot of giraffes do. - Rachel
he carried on.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:32 am

Hobbesistan wrote:
Bentus wrote:
Mate, that's what we're saying. It started off as an accident (maybe 'glitch' was too strong a word) but was kept because it was fun for a community. Hence, it's a part of NS now. But it is just PART. Just like RP, the WA and the rest. Nobody should be forced into it without their consent just to gain access to the rest.

So starting a petition to demote a mod for playing the game is how you plan on accomplishing this?

Yes.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Hobbesistan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:33 am

Bezombia wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:So starting a petition to demote a mod for playing the game is how you plan on accomplishing this?

Yes.

That's how you start strifes between GP and RP like the one right now, now how you maturely solve a issue.
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

(Ret.) Maintainer of the Nationstates FAQ and Deletiger (Ret.) of The East Pacific
russia's greatest

love machine

Stop right there (hobbes), your rational thought and intellect will destroy the internet. - Sovreignry
it was a shame how

he carried on.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:34 am

Hobbesistan wrote:

I'm looking at you, II mentors.[/quote]

Like I said before, there's a reason I haven't signed yet.
Imho, there's a problem with the relationship between R/D and RP with the current system. So it should be changed. But I don't know Mall, never talked to him. And you're right, the proposal itself is not illegal - so I can't call for his resignation myself.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:34 am

Bezombia wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:So starting a petition to demote a mod for playing the game is how you plan on accomplishing this?

Yes.

Then you're doing it wrong >_<

Demanding Mall be removed as a Forum Mod does nothing to solve the issue of his proposal nor does it prevent him or others from doing something similar in the future.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:36 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
Bezombia wrote:Yes.

Then you're doing it wrong >_<

Demanding Mall be removed as a Forum Mod does nothing to solve the issue of his proposal nor does it prevent him or others from doing something similar in the future.

The issue of his proposal has already been dealt with.
The issue of making sure it doesn't become an issue in the future is currently being worked on between the mentors and moderators/Max.
That means that there's really only one issue left for the players to tackle.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:37 am

Hobbesistan wrote:
Bentus wrote:

No. The petition is because a mod (Held to higher standards than you or I) Did something that he knew was going to stir up old tension and piss off a lot of people. A moderator who is supposed to keep inflammatory things from going to far, has done the exact opposite, and caused such a mess.

So, yeah, THAT is the reason we call for his resignation.
The power of self is unlimited and ultimate, an unending wave of pure energy and being that could never be stopped, apart from time and forever ingrained into the fabrics of all being, this is the truth of Korrelian Existentialism.

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
Pronouns? Just use whatever, it's all the same to me :P
You will always have your friends, with your friends, you will never be alone. There will always be a light. Friendship is Magic, its the magic that brings the most glimmering lights of hope to the darkest of worlds. And as long as you have it, you will never have to be afraid of the dark. - Me, New Babylonia ^^

Hobbesistan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:38 am

The issue of his proposal has already been dealt with.
k

The issue of making sure it doesn't become an issue in the future is currently being worked on between the mentors and moderators/Max.

Doubt it, read my previous arguements of why making this illegal would screw the SC/WA

That means that there's really only one issue left for the players to tackle.

Trying to demote a mod for playing the game?
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

russia's greatest

love machine

it was a shame how

he carried on.

Hobbesistan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:39 am

New Babylonia wrote:No. The petition is because a mod (Held to higher standards than you or I) Did something that he knew was going to stir up old tension and piss off a lot of people. A moderator who is supposed to keep inflammatory things from going to far, has done the exact opposite, and caused such a mess.

You're going to cause far more of a mess by demanding his resignation, GP will rally around mall, RP will rally around demoting him, do you really want this mess?
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

russia's greatest

love machine

it was a shame how

he carried on.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:39 am

Hobbesistan wrote:Doubt it, read my previous arguements of why making this illegal would screw the SC/WA

You don't have to believe it for it to be true.

Trying to demote a mod because he's shown that he doesn't care about the integrity of the forum he's moderating, yes.

Jordslag
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordslag » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:40 am

The Leningrad Union wrote:
Jordslag wrote:...
What the hell? This is so off-Topic. Honestly, I don't care what the 'Real' Nationstates is and what isn't. It's all fun, so why should it matter. We need not be divided on wether R/D is part of 'Real' Nationstates or not. We need to be united against Mall's proposal, to destroy it and let Password Regions and RP Regions live on. Live and let be people, and focus on what's important: stopping this proposal.

Then do that and stop trying to ruin his career as a mod just because you disagree with him.

Uh, do you see me calling for him to resign? Simply look at my Siggie. Nothing in there, because I can simply express it later in a post. I don't want him to resign. Great mod, really. But this a Proposal cannot pass. And we SHOULD change the rules so that something like it can't be submitted again. Against R/D regions, maybe, but why should RP regions have to suffer from this. Even if this is impossible to make perfect, we should make it as great as we can, to prevent RPers; no, ALL NSers from having sad days. Some people commit Suicide from sad days they have on the internet. It's a big goal, yes, but there's nothing wrong with heading towards it.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:40 am

Hobbesistan wrote:That's how you start strifes between GP and RP like the one right now, now how you maturely solve a issue.

The 'strife' has been going on for a while now. This is the second time that you R/D folks have tried to pry open Haven, remember. This is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Hobbesistan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:40 am

Bezombia wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Doubt it, read my previous arguements of why making this illegal would screw the SC/WA

You don't have to believe it for it to be true.

Trying to demote a mod because he's shown that he doesn't care about the integrity of the forum he's moderating, yes.

Okay, let's demote all of the II mentors for stating there opinion and degrading the 'integrity of the forum' in the process, kay?
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

russia's greatest

love machine

it was a shame how

he carried on.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:41 am

Bezombia wrote:The issue of making sure it doesn't become an issue in the future is currently being worked on between the mentors and moderators/Max.

Uh, so the mentors are going to demand that Liberation Proposals are stripped from the Game? Hey, sign me up for that! That means that I, as a raider, can throw up a non-visible password on a region and there is no chance for defenders to come and take it from me. Very useful in destroying regions.

Bezombia wrote:That means that there's really only one issue left for the players to tackle.

So basically you want Mall removed because you don't like the way he plays the game. So, if I understand correctly, you want him removed from being a Mod because he's a raider?

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:41 am

Hobbesistan wrote:
New Babylonia wrote:No. The petition is because a mod (Held to higher standards than you or I) Did something that he knew was going to stir up old tension and piss off a lot of people. A moderator who is supposed to keep inflammatory things from going to far, has done the exact opposite, and caused such a mess.

You're going to cause far more of a mess by demanding his resignation, GP will rally around mall, RP will rally around demoting him, do you really want this mess?

Yes, yes I do. Because if this doesn't happen now, it'll happen sometime later, and then it'll be worse.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:41 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
Bezombia wrote:The issue of making sure it doesn't become an issue in the future is currently being worked on between the mentors and moderators/Max.

Uh, so the mentors are going to demand that Liberation Proposals are stripped from the Game? Hey, sign me up for that! That means that I, as a raider, can throw up a non-visible password on a region and there is no chance for defenders to come and take it from me. Very useful in destroying regions.

Bezombia wrote:That means that there's really only one issue left for the players to tackle.

So basically you want Mall removed because you don't like the way he plays the game. So, if I understand correctly, you want him removed from being a Mod because he's a raider?

Please quote the post and underline the sentences where I said any of what you're saying I said.

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:42 am

Hobbesistan wrote:

The mess is already here (Since that line clearly stated you didn't notice any of the shit over the past 2 days.)
And WE did not start it.
The power of self is unlimited and ultimate, an unending wave of pure energy and being that could never be stopped, apart from time and forever ingrained into the fabrics of all being, this is the truth of Korrelian Existentialism.

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
Pronouns? Just use whatever, it's all the same to me :P
You will always have your friends, with your friends, you will never be alone. There will always be a light. Friendship is Magic, its the magic that brings the most glimmering lights of hope to the darkest of worlds. And as long as you have it, you will never have to be afraid of the dark. - Me, New Babylonia ^^

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:42 am

The Leningrad Union wrote:
New Babylonia wrote:R/D is a series of glitches as explained. And, no, R/D Is still not THE game like you put it. NS existed just dandily before R/D came along, the existence of R/D does not allow NS, nor the RP forums, to exist. The Existence of NS provide for both.

What the actual fuck?

You roleplayers and generalites really need to do some more exploring of GP before making statements like this. Back in the day when I was a clueless RPer/NSGer, I thought R/D was evil and should be banned too, but I 'got out more' and realized that it's a part of the game and arguably one of the best and most important parts of the game.

Yeah...noooo

Its not important, whatsoever....

it can die...it doesn't matter a bit....I mean RP could die too...but at least RP did something constructional for the people that did it...at least the ones who tried to improve their writing, create a story, and actually work on their country....

Because...RP is kinda more relevant to the nation....raiding isn't....

If you do both, then guess what, you can raid, defend....and then make a story out of that....

Regardless the main issue here is a proposal that sends a precedent, I think many others are taking it a bit much....but regardless they have the right idea going.

R/D should stay away from RP, they don't mix well, unless you do both and you do both well it doesn't mesh....
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Hobbesistan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:43 am

Bezombia wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:

Yes, yes I do. Because if this doesn't happen now, it'll happen sometime later, and then it'll be worse.

How is a failed proposal even registering on the 'worse' scale?

The reason I don't want the II mentors posting this the way they did is II is, generally and no offense intended, RPers uneducated in R/D just like a good bit of GP is uneducated in RP.

Most people see this as a shocking attack at RP and the GPers about to raid every passworded RP region, but it's just not true.

The majority of voters in the SC would never let this pass, infact it didin't even get to quorum.
Last edited by Hobbesistan on Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

russia's greatest

love machine

it was a shame how

he carried on.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:43 am

Bezombia wrote:Please quote the post and underline the sentences where I said any of what you're saying I said.

Hey, I'm asking questions is all. Am I wrong to say that you want him removed as a Mod because of the way he plays the game?

The Leningrad Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Leningrad Union » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:44 am

New Babylonia wrote:

No. The petition is because a mod (Held to higher standards than you or I) Did something that he knew was going to stir up old tension and piss off a lot of people. A moderator who is supposed to keep inflammatory things from going to far, has done the exact opposite, and caused such a mess.

NationStates is a political simulator, of course this stuff happens. I'd recommend that you go elsewhere if you don't want to deal with things like this.

Jordslag wrote:Some people commit Suicide from sad days they have on the internet.

"Oh no, my tiny RP region got raided! I'd better kill myself!"

If someone is actually considering suicide over something like this, they really shouldn't be using the internet because they likely have some serious depression issues and should be treated for their depression.
Last edited by The Leningrad Union on Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I founded Madrigal and Confederacy of Allied States. However, I have given up my power in both. I reside in Iraq currently. Come join me!

Parody of typical NSG sig:

NSG's resident Liberal Gay Atheist because there's totally no other liberals, gays or atheists here!
Impeach GP, Legalize RP, NSG 2016!
Mallorea and Riva should resign
*Insert some uneducated statement about how I support a stupid ideology that I heard about in my middle school social studies class*
*Insert some typical liberal and/or edgy statement about Gaza and/or Ukraine*

some popular TETer wrote:Leningrad iz kewl

some dude that agreed with me on a debate wrote:Just listen to Leningrad!

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:45 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
Bezombia wrote:Please quote the post and underline the sentences where I said any of what you're saying I said.

Hey, I'm asking questions is all. Am I wrong to say that you want him removed as a Mod because of the way he plays the game?

You have failed to quote the post and sentences where I said what you said I said.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:46 am

Evil Wolf wrote:Military Gameplay is more than just a set of tactics, however. We have a community, we also have a set of campaigns and tales, expect ours are more tangible than RP because they take place mostly on the game site proper, as dictated by the rules of the game, and not in the RP Forum, as dictated by the rules of our imaginations. Military Gameplay also has forums, they're called "Gameplay", and we also like posting said tales and stories there.

You think of Military Gameplay just as the act of Raiding and Defending, but there's more to it than that.

I know it's a little late to respond to this, but aren't you basically saying that the gameplay aspect of NS is more important than the RP? Haven't we figured out already that both groups are equals, but we just have our fun differently?

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:46 am

Bezombia wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

You have failed to quote the post and sentences where I said what you said I said.

Ok, so let me ask you directly. Why do you want him removed as a Mod? Is it because of the way he plays the game?

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:47 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
Bezombia wrote:

Ok, so let me ask you directly. Why do you want him removed as a Mod? Is it because of the way he plays the game?

No, it's because of the reasons that I already stated in this post.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents