NATION

PASSWORD

The Universe Project Hub [FT/Applications/OOC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Senkaku wrote:And I did what he told me to, and have been ignored since making said modifications. I understand y'all have busy lives, but I'd appreciate a straight yes or no answer now that I've made the changes I was asked to make.

Then yes, yes. Sure.

*dances around happily*
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Tekonia X-3
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekonia X-3 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:25 pm

I wouldn't mind joining in. Have been looking for FT nations for a very long time now, since I have just re-founded my other nations from the grave.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:01 pm

Tekonia X-3 wrote:I wouldn't mind joining in. Have been looking for FT nations for a very long time now, since I have just re-founded my other nations from the grave.

Welcome aboard.

Also, Roerak, NT, I've responded to the both of you.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:03 pm

Added the two gripers to the OP :P feel free to jump into RPs with permission, guys.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:16 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:Added the two gripers to the OP :P feel free to jump into RPs with permission, guys.

:hug:
I was thinking of starting my own, but first I need to come up with a plot, and then I'll need to write it and send it to you...

Yeah, I'll just ask around for now. I'm a bit busy to make a new RP.

Arcerion
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcerion » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:11 pm

Tekonia X-3 wrote:I wouldn't mind joining in. Have been looking for FT nations for a very long time now, since I have just re-founded my other nations from the grave.

If you need help, let us know. We're a friendly bunch.

Well, most of us.
The Republic of Lanos wrote:I went to a fight once but then a hockey game broke out.

The Five Galaxies
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Five Galaxies » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:06 am

Arcerion wrote:

Well, most of us.

Some of us.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:07 am

The Five Galaxies wrote:
Arcerion wrote:

Well, most of us.

Some of us.

A few, at least.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:23 pm

Thinking of making an RP soon about Amiiri slavers raiding places. Anyone interested?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Senkaku wrote:Thinking of making an RP soon about Amiiri slavers raiding places. Anyone interested?

Need Ral'vice mercs?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Dolmhold
Minister

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:35 pm

Nation Name: The Leviathan Fleet
Government Type: Borganism, Sociocratic Monarchy

Government Description: Within each individual Leviathan vessel, a great mind is stored which is the personality and representative of the entire Leviathan. He or she is the ship, the Leviathan. In addition to this, sentient individuals which share a cybernetic mental connection to the Leviathan grow and live within the Leviathan, acting almost as if though a cell within the Leviathan’s greater form. Regardless of that, it is clear that each individual is individual, unique with a personality of his or her own. In coming to a decision, the Leviathan holds the most sway, but individual minds must feel sufficiently convinced before the Leviathan as a whole can be said to have acted with certainty.

National Leader(s): Katelin as the Leviathan, Joseph as most trusted adviser and strongest sub-entity.
Nation Capital: Katelin (the Mothership)
Nation Age: Katelin perceives herself to be 15 years old, and from what she knows her tribe was three hundred before they disappeared.

Nation History:
Katelin: It has been a month since Katelin had been awaken, and still she can’t come to terms with what is going on. One moment, she was warm and safe within the chambers of her father, Peter, remaining undecided as to what she wanted to be when she entered pupation. The next, a flood of new sensations, and a form so radically altered that she thought she was dreaming until hour past and she realized that she had been selected for a new Leviathan.

Disbelief overcame her, but the tone shifted decidedly desperate when she reached out with her new senses… and failed to find her father, or the rest of the known Leviathan fleet. Things only got worse when a curious exploration ship encountered her and broke out into hostilities.

The silence was traumatic, the first encounter was traumatic, and for a while she lapsed into a state of anxiety and depression, which only ended when her incubation organs finished their start up and a few more people joined her in a slow succession – her childhood friends. Katelin is recovering from her temporary mental instability, but remains xenophobic and very much worried.

The Leviathan Fleet as a whole: From Katelin and her friends’ diggings into the database that came with her egg, and from what she could remember, the fleet came about some time three hundred years ago, and has adopted an isolationist nomadic lifestyle ever since. However, the information is very few and far between the data crystals, and not all have been accessed yet. One of the most worrying things that came up was some sketchy words on “The Pursuer”, which is a small lead on who they were and what was happening, but not much.

Population: Motherships: 1 known. Total sentient population: 24, of which 11 are of teenage age or older.
Major Species: Leviathans, a cybernetic life form with clear roots to humanity.
Minor Species: None

Cultural Information: Katelin, along with the other individuals within her, are fairly xenophobic in the literal sense of the word – they fear the unknown, and greatly too. It is perhaps of no help that they cannot feel a connection with outsiders as they do with each other, and that they had been taught that outsiders are not trustworthy. Still, they’ve realized that they cannot remain in hiding forever, since hiding would not bring them the answers they seek – they’re on a general mission to find out what has happened to their fleet.

In their mannerisms, they are known to be fun-loving and cheerful, compassionate and curious, strong-willed and extremely clingy to their friends. They often love playing social games such as hide and seek or their variant of soccer. They are fairly frank, speaking what they think, but this is partially a function of their average age. They usually operate on a tit for tat basis with strangers, while doing their best to follow a selfless basis between members of their in group – in this sense, they are fairly honourable. Assuming a foreigner could gain sufficient trust from these people, they could be upgraded to an honourary member of the in group – perhaps becoming a full member when their technological basis allows for it…

Society Information: Leviathine society is egalitarian, with little in the way of formalized ranks, although it is organized into distinct social cliques, often organized by age and caste. In a sense, it is largely a holonarchy, whereby all are equal yet distinct, having the greatest authority over their area of expertise. Katelin’s childhood friends do currently hold the most influence, however. There is a slight pecking order based off age and relationship to the Leviathan of the ship, which has caused Katelin embarrassment to no end, and as much as she dissuades it from happening as a good Leviathan, it happens anyways.

Language(s): English (Potential clue as to the fleet’s background!)
Notable Locations: Katelin (the Mothership), within of which:
- The central nervous complex, or Katelin’s extended brain.
- The feeding halls, where the average homocyte eats their meals and often relaxes.
- The gymnasiums, where physical health is maintained and much fun is had.
- The incubation chambers, divided into spawning and metamorphic chambers, whereby people are born and pupate respectively. Thus far, a handful of children have been born – and it is agreed that taking care of children is very difficult. A secondary function of the metamorphic chambers are to repair any serious damage to body and health, and to change castes respectively.

Military Information: Currently, the military capacity of the Leviathan is limited to standard anti-micrometeorite point defense, and defensive missile spikes to ward away would be evil-doers such as pirates. It is likely that a concerted effort by even a local police force could detain her.

Military Doctrine: Katelin and the rest of her peers firmly agree that deterrence is the best policy, and to this end she has consciously and prematurely grown missile tubes (typically, children ships would be guarded by their parent ships until they have fully grown). This impedes her growth, but is fundamentally necessary given the notion that the universe is scary and there are creatures out to get them.

Military Strengths: It is entirely local – the defenses will always be where they’re most needed in this sense.
Military Weaknesses: Excessively small size, no projection power, not being a real military…
Major Industries: Mining, manufacturing, architecture, life support systems… Everything which is necessary for the continuance of life as a small Leviathan vessel.
Foreign Policy: With what happened so recently, Katelin is throwing away her ingrained wisdom of avoidance and actively, if cautiously, interacting with foreigners. She also understands that she is unlikely to be seen as a sovereign state on her own, and this she actively uses to draw as little attention to herself as possible.

Additional Information:[b] I have some inkling that they’ll find clues and hints as to what happened to their fleet, leading to a dramatic reveal that could be anything from its total destruction by a certain force, or their hibernation in fear of being discovered, or so on. Perhaps additional hints could end up finding other young Leviathans which had been hibernating or something.
[b]Technological Bases:
Er… My own head? :p
NS Activity: Medium to low – I hope to be more active, but I’m barely so right now.
RP Experience:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=262630
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=287838
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=291146

My RPs are prone to dying, whether that be due to the other person’s inactivity or my own indecisiveness, as in the case of the first and second RPs respectively.
Map Claim(s): None
Map Colour: None

0192 (Don't delete this.)
Species Name: The Leviathans
Physical Description: The Leviathans are living cybernetic spaceships housing numerous homocytes within them. It is thought that Leviathans are capable of growing up to the low double-digit kilometers in length, although the current Leviathan is a mere few hundred meters. They are made of a three-part plan. The first is a series of rotating cylindrical layers to house the homocytes within them, the second a section of industry and waste management, and the third comprises of fuel storage and the primary engines. Individual Leviathans can vary greatly in the smaller details from this plan, such as placement of missile tubes, radar, hanger bays, and so on. They are known to be able to mine asteroids by the use of long, metallic roots that grow from their frontal or middle sections, leeching minerals from the asteroid in the same manner as a tree does to the soil, although it is not known if this is only something young Leviathans would do since older Leviathans typically operate on an industrial, wholesale method, shipping the mined rocks to their industrial sections to process. Homocytes are known to appear completely human, but with a slant towards more positive behavior and are completely sterile – they can not reproduce, nor do they have the sexual drive to.

Average Lifetime: Leviathans themselves are indefiniate – their constituent homocytes last about as long as a human (120 years) unless given specific health foods for their lives (180 years) or rejuvenated. However rejuvenation fundamentally alters the person and randomly deletes and fades memories. It is a great risk, to say the least.

Respiratory Gas: Hydrogen fusion fuel.

Reproductive Cycle:Fully mature Leviathans typically lay an egg deep within an asteroid, filled with all of the essential elements for initial development, although it is possible to incubate a new Leviathan within them – it just takes time to grow such an organ, and then it’s slightly inefficient to lug this extra mass around.

Natural Abilities:

Homocytes:

Digital telepathy – individual homocytes of the Leviathan can, with sufficient concentration and willpower, utilize digital telepathy to speak to one another, although it is much more natural and easier to speak face to face. They can also tune in to other sources of electromagnetic communication if skilled enough and/or with the right genetic combination.
Mental connection – individual homocytes can communicate with their host Leviathan almost at will, and vice versa, in the same way as they can commit to digital telepathy. They can also use this channel to express more abstract thoughts and intents to one another, which is actually easier than direct communication.
Motivation – individual homocytes are receptive to the needs and desires of the group, and are fairly selfless in action. While by no means akin to a workaholic, homocytes are not lazy either.
Lucid World – upon sleep, individual homocytes enter a sort of dream world where they can play, relax, and learn while connected to the main Leviathan telenet. They never really do sleep in this sense.

Leviathan:

Industry – the Leviathan itself can and will grow into a floating city-state, with all the necessary industry to support it.
Defences – the Leviathan has natural anti-micrometeorite defenses in the form of point defense lasers, and can grow other assorted weapons to deter would-be evildoers.
Homotopoisis – the Leviathan can naturally give birth to new homocytes much as a human can create red blood cells.
Avatar – it is possible for a physical homocyte body of the Leviathan to be disconnected from the greater mass of its brain tissue while remaining one and the same, assuming the digital connection is not cut.
Extended body – in a view the reverse of Avatar, the Leviathan can feel almost everything in its greater frame just as we can feel our fingers, our toes, our stomach pains, and so on.
Mental router – it is possible for the Leviathan to sustain multiple meaningful mental conversations simultaneously.
Motherly instinct – the Leviathan can greatly reduce the need for a guardian to be around young children at all times, is capable of caring for large numbers of children on an individual level at once, and is very protective of those she considers hers.
Communications – it is possible for the Leviathan to contact other spaceships like another spaceship would.
Induction (Not yet discovered) – it is possible for a human who wishes to join the community of homocytes in a Leviathan to do so, by entering an incubation chamber and metamorphosing. There are standard changes in behavior, including increased altruism towards the group, greater trust, compassion and exceptionally reduced capacity to willfully harm another individual in the group for the sake of harming them.
Infection (Not yet discovered) – It is possible for the symbiotic organism responsible for the telepathic communications to be altered and infect young humans from the ages of 23 and below, inducting them into the group. Attempting to cure it results in a very often fatal fever, and even if cured has lasting behavioral alterations.

Diet: The Leviathan itself consumes raw matter of any sort, usually from asteroids or low-gravity objects. Individual homocytes eat the large range of food humans can eat today, although life preservation foods tend to be a form of liquid.
Possible Genetic Defects: Not just genetic, but here’s a few things which may go wrong:
All the standard human genetic disorders if the genetic mixing in the creation of a new homocyte goes wrong.
Fatal Immunogenetic Dissonance Syndrome – can occur when a metamorphosis goes wrong, resulting in very rapid death by an overzealous immune system attacking every cell if not treated immediately. Fortunately, it occurs very early after metamorphosis, and the metamorphosis chambers themselves are the ideal treatment.
Metamorphic Metabolic Deviation Syndrome – can occur if the insertion of new genes during metamorphosis accidentally breaks some of the genes necessary to digest certain foods. Unlike FIDs, it is not at all obvious immediately after metamorphosis, although it can also be cured.
Insufficient Specialists – Leviathans aren’t typically born with any homocytes in the first place, and they must be donated some specialists from a parent Leviathan in order to help them run their core functions and train other homocytes when they get sufficiently large that such is necessary. Katelin has run into a mild form of this – she was born with several of her best friends as homocytes, and they happen to have selected varying castes, but that is not at all sufficient and as time goes on, she may have to look for outside support.
Databank corruption – if the Leviathan databank is corrupted, the automated processes that hatch the egg and drive the growth of the Leviathan early on simply will not work. The Leviathan is stillborn. A mild form of this is timestamp corruption, whereby the recorded time within a Leviathan fails, potentially causing stillbirths or explosive rapid births at worst, and delayed births at best.
Additional Information:

While over time/RPs, I might develop them into a fully fledged nation, for now I'm RPing them as a bunch of adventurous children off to find out what happened to the world they knew. I hope I can develop my characterization skills with this group, because I'm starting to suspect that such is my greatest weakness and is what kills my RPs over and over to me :/

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:54 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Senkaku wrote:Thinking of making an RP soon about Amiiri slavers raiding places. Anyone interested?

Need Ral'vice mercs?

One or two might end up serving as crew members on a slaver ship. Who knows? I was looking for someone to be raided and get pissed at the Garden.

It sounds like the Ral'vice might not make bad slaves, if they're a militant/mercenary soldier race. Perhaps good material for the Red Birds.
Last edited by Senkaku on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nationalist Tantalus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nationalist Tantalus » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:01 pm

Tantalus is (barely) safe, we can only hope, from Amiiri visits. We're located at L-6...

Where does the Garden conduct most of its raiding operations?

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:06 pm

Nationalist Tantalus wrote:Tantalus is (barely) safe, we can only hope, from Amiiri visits. We're located at L-6...

The Garden doesn't control most of the slavers. Most of them are private operations. But they range anywhere from the Garden's fringes and the lesser NPC civilizations I was going to have there, all the way to the edges of nearby galactic powers to capture more exotic slaves. I'm at J-10, I think... so Tantalus might see a few, every now and then, at its fringes. But not many.

Nationalist Tantalus
Diplomat

Postby Nationalist Tantalus » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Meh. It wouldn't be economical to go that far away from home, attempt to breach the fortress world of Tantalus and escape without casualties. Tantalus will have to pass up this opportunity.

Edit: When will someone fess up for stealing his ice cream?
Last edited by Nationalist Tantalus on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Nationalist Tantalus wrote:Meh. It wouldn't be economical to go that far away from home, attempt to breach the fortress world of Tantalus and escape without casualties. Tantalus will have to pass up this opportunity.

Yeah.... oh well.

Miyager
Minister

Founded: Feb 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Miyager » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:12 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Nationalist Tantalus wrote:Tantalus is (barely) safe, we can only hope, from Amiiri visits. We're located at L-6...

The Garden doesn't control most of the slavers. Most of them are private operations. But they range anywhere from the Garden's fringes and the lesser NPC civilizations I was going to have there, all the way to the edges of nearby galactic powers to capture more exotic slaves. I'm at J-10, I think... so Tantalus might see a few, every now and then, at its fringes. But not many.

I'm at Q9, which means I might be close enough for it.
I'm back I think.

Nationalist Tantalus
Diplomat

Postby Nationalist Tantalus » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:14 pm

You are pretty far from The Garden as well, Miyager.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:15 pm

Miyager wrote:
Senkaku wrote:The Garden doesn't control most of the slavers. Most of them are private operations. But they range anywhere from the Garden's fringes and the lesser NPC civilizations I was going to have there, all the way to the edges of nearby galactic powers to capture more exotic slaves. I'm at J-10, I think... so Tantalus might see a few, every now and then, at its fringes. But not many.

You're even further than Tantalus.

I expect, based on the distance of even the closest players to me, that it would likely be a single, large, and fairly well-equipped slaver ship, attacking a fringe settlement like a mid-sized habitat on a moon or asteroid or something. This would probably lead to a diplomatic incident and maybe rising tensions, since the Garden would likely refuse to rein the slavers in.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:16 pm

V-25 woohoo.
I'm really tired

Pavlostani
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:21 pm

Senkaku wrote:

I'm J8, so I'd imagine I get a few.
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Miyager
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Miyager » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:24 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Miyager wrote:

You're even further than Tantalus.

I expect, based on the distance of even the closest players to me, that it would likely be a single, large, and fairly well-equipped slaver ship, attacking a fringe settlement like a mid-sized habitat on a moon or asteroid or something. This would probably lead to a diplomatic incident and maybe rising tensions, since the Garden would likely refuse to rein the slavers in.

There's a couple of fringe settlements that I would be vulnerable to raiding and the resulting inner bureaucratic conflict that goes with it, too.
I'm back I think.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Pavlostani wrote:
Senkaku wrote:The Garden doesn't control most of the slavers. Most of them are private operations. But they range anywhere from the Garden's fringes and the lesser NPC civilizations I was going to have there, all the way to the edges of nearby galactic powers to capture more exotic slaves. I'm at J-10, I think... so Tantalus might see a few, every now and then, at its fringes. But not many.

Yep. Probably.

Miyager wrote:
Senkaku wrote:You're even further than Tantalus.

There's a couple of fringe settlements that I would be vulnerable to raiding and the resulting inner bureaucratic conflict that goes with it, too.

Fringe settlements?

Those are some pretty distant fringes, my friend.

Miyager
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Miyager » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:35 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Pavlostani wrote:

Yep. Probably.

Miyager wrote:

Fringe settlements?

They still tend to be relatively undefended, and internal politics stratified that any real response will occur long after they've already departed with their slaves.
I'm back I think.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Miyager wrote:
Senkaku wrote:Yep. Probably.

Fringe settlements?

They still tend to be relatively undefended, and internal politics stratified that any real response will occur long after they've already departed with their slaves.

Again, that would be awfully far for any slaver who wants to make money to travel. Even the fringe settlements.

Whatever. Artistic license. You're welcome to join, if you like. I'll probably be a while about writing the OP, seeing as I'll be in and out this coming week.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents