NATION

PASSWORD

An animal having revenge [Sunalaya][Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Germarana
Attaché

Founded: Jun 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Germarana » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:30 am

CONFIRMED INFECTIONS IN GERMARANA
MUNICH TODAY:
"The Neurax Worm, a parasite that apparently originated as a biological weapon, has infected Germarana. It is chaos in the streets as soldiers fight the infected, who do not run away. Munich, Berlin, and Hamburg have all been battlefields today. Many people have died. Bombs are being dropped on infected cities. It's only a matter of time before the soldiers here in Munich are overrun..." Reporter Eggert Hülsen reports as his nose bleeds and gunfire is heard outside.
NBC (CBRN) troops in combat
NBC (CBRN) troops as they sweep a building
Last edited by Germarana on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

United Soviet Jason Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:01 pm

Ophion Response to Biological Threat:
Jamestown Journal

As word spread that the Pax-12 Parasite is in fact a biological agent the IA has declared that all citizens are required to wear masks and report any suspicious activity. So far no word from the President has come to denounce the actions, however as seen in the south the President's opinion on terror is self evident. He will not stand for it. In response, the IA has taken the bodies of Patients 1-4 to an otopsiy to isolate the parasite.
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Oblaren
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Capital Building

"OH MY GOD!!!" a man screamed as he looked outside. Thousands of Oblarenites lay dying in the streets, bleeding from their noses and blinking rapidly. Arturia rushed to the window to see not only the dying Oblarenites but rioters beating the infected to death. The city was ablaze. "What the hell happened?" Arturia asked. The Deputy Prime Minister said in disbelief "A bio attack hit us." Arturia called to the other officials " Quickly put down the riots and get the infected to the hospital." Arturia quickly sent a letter to Rhodevus her ally.

To: Rhodevus head of state

Please help our nation. A break-out has happened out of no -where. The people was gone mad. I beg you to help my nation and find a cure. My scientists have already started

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:47 pm

To: Obleron Head of state

Rhodevus will send in a medical team and military personnel just as we have done in Rodrania. We wish you luck. Try to activate your entire army, and make sure they where gas-masks and other armours, to at least slow the possibility of infection.

Good luck and our team will arrive shortly,

Queen Diana

1:00, Saturday

Doctor Rutherford left the CDC quite tired. He dabbed his nose once again with his handkerchief, wiping blood from his upper lip. "i guess it is just one of those days." He muttered to himself. He began the long walk home.

1:30, Saturday

Doctor Andrea, a close friend of Rutherford's was still in her office, taking the night shift to work in place of Rutherford. She wiped her eyes, trying to remove the sleep from them. Even though she had worked all day, she needed to figure out what exactly was happening, so that a precautionary step could be taken.

She typed on her computer, rewriting the Rodranian notes of the Neurax worm into something that could be easily read by scientists around Rhodevus, generally referred to as Doctor's writing. She looked over to see a small piece of paper towel, that was scrunched up. It was on Rutherford's chair, and was full of blood. Andrea's mouth dropped in horror. Immediately she took out her phone and called Rutherford. "Hello?" Rutherford answered. "Who is this?"
"It's me, Andrea. John, I need you back in the CDC, I think you have got the N-"
"The Witch! It is in front of me! be gone Demon..." In the background, Andrea could hear a woman scream, before the phone went to static.

The Neurax Worm was in Rhodevus. So far in very few cases, but it would be a matter of time before it swept through the nation.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Germarana
Attaché

Founded: Jun 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Germarana » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:57 am

To the nations of Sunalaya,
The nation of Germarana has been infected with the Neurax Worm. Symptoms are different in each person, but most are very violent. The violent seem to attack non-infected, while those that are not violent tend to act like sleeper cells. Our scientists are doing every they can to find a cure, but their experience is low, We need help.
From, Dictator High Chancellor Hans Bäcker

MORE RIOTS
MUNICH TODAY:
"More riots have started... Hamburg was overrun... Munich is barely holding out - RUN! RUN!" - broadcast ended.

Rodrania
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodrania » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:30 am

Several isolation camps are mounted on the rural areas of Rodrania to avoid further spread of the disease. Meanwhile the DCD is exterminating the infected, but they are too many and the soldiers are starting to get overrun. Rodrania is in a state of emergency.

The terrorist group called "RLF" or "Rodranian Liberation Front" is claiming to be responsible for the disease's spread, but the Rodranian government denies this by saying that the possibilities of a terrorist group creating an advanced biological weapon are extremelly small and that they are probably lying about it

This is going to be the last article from the Rodranian Times... The Rodranian Times' team says goodbye to all of you, stay safe.

And please... PLEASE... Go to the nearest isolation camp.
Pronouns are he/him if you care, tho I myself don't.
I'm a Communist of the Marxist variety without specific labels, I am not a hardliner towards any specific ideology of Communism beyond having influences from several sources and I am in no way an advanced Marxist/Leninist/Luxemburgist/etc intellectual.

Always open to discuss privately with people aligning towards the Far-Right respectfully if they are to respect me back.

Oblaren
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:14 pm

The Oblarenite riot police had broken out riot shields and tear gas to try and subdue the riots. The fires were being put out and the city was becoming quiet. However problems has started and outbreaks had spread to other cities. Arturia was forced to move into her bunker and it was from here she sent up a research lab. The most cutting edge medical tech had been installed in the bunker and several excellent doctors worked in the lab. Arturia furiously typed an email to Rhodevus.

-My friend, Queen Diana

I have been trapped in my bunker, however it is a research lab as well. I suggest we have a joint research agreement and move our nations doctors here to create the cure.

-Arturia Camours

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:36 pm

RHODEVE NEWS AT 9

Hello, and welcome to News at 9. After a sweeping turn of events, the Pax-9 has finally made it to Rhodevus. At present time, it is fully contained. All people that have the disease have been moved into quarantine in the Northern-most part of the country. The entire Rhodeve army has been activated, for the first time in over 50 years years. They are all wearing heavy duty biological weapon suits, as a way to stop the spread of the disease.

Rhodeve scientist, Dr. Rutherford has told us, from the quarantine zone, that he is working on a away to detect if the parasite has entered a person's body, by checking the reactivity of a person's neurological functions. He predicts he will have a working prototype ready within a month, due to the importance of this research.

The entire Rhodeve medical staff at teh CDC is also working to help Rutherford with his invention. Queen Diana stated that all people should stay in their homes, but it is not nessecary and their will be a curfew beginning at 9 o'clock tonight.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

The Lindisfarne Islands
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lindisfarne Islands » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:44 pm

It was a warm, sunny day in the city of Iona as King Hans II stood silently on a large balcony, protruding from the royal "palace", a large apartment occupying an entire floor of an apartment building overlooking the beautiful city of Iona, he looked at the beautiful city in front of him. The historic 17th-century buildings the mimicked the elegant marble buildings of Edinburgh and Glasgow filled the Leuven district of the city, gleaming in the sunlight as the ornate sandstone-colored buildings that mimicked the beautiful apartment buildings and cafes of Paris stood proudly in the Chevalier Quarter, an elegant, upscale district in by the sea. As Hans looked over to the New Quarter of Iona, a large development project full of modern townhouses and shops, which gleamed in the sun, the distant sound of cars honking and church bells ringing calmed him. Although he was usually optimistic and cheerful, he was deeply concerned.

Not long before Hans came into power about fifty years ago, a deadly plague ravaged Lindisfarne, nearly wiping out the country in a devastating epidemic. Thousands of people died as militant groups such as the Lindisfarne Republican Army (LRA) and the Order of the Rose grew, leading the country into a state of chaos and anarchy. The cities of Iona, Kells, and Faroe were nearly depopulated as the militant groups spread their reign of terror as the plague ravaged the kingdom, killing over to thirds of the population as the LRA and the Order of the Rose nearly toppled the government and nearly destroyed the only three cities in Lindisfarne: Iona, Kells, and Faroe through atts of terrorism. Howeever, when Hans was finally crowned king of Lindisfarne in 1954, he rebuilt his kingdom by eradicating the plague (which is now known as the Lindisland Fury) and rebuilding the country by ending it's massive economic crisis, leading to an unprecedented era of economic prosperity and wealth. Following the rise of the economy, he greatly improved the country by ending it's health, security, educational, economic, poverty, and corruption probems by rebuilding it's infrastructure, economy, educational institutions, healthcare facilities, through his numerous policies.

However, after reports of a horrible disease engulfing most of Sunalaya, Hans was deeply concerned. "I can't allow another epidemic. As long as I live, and as long as my country lives, the disease shall not reach Lindisfarne" the king thought to himself as he stretched on the balcony, stretching his tired and aged muscles. He was old, and he expected to die soon. Suddenly, a piercing headache cut through his head, leading him to wince in pain. Waves of pain washed through his head as he stumbled to the ground. Suddenly, the distant sounds of cars, people, and church bells increased in volume, leading him to think he was going insane. "GEORGE!" he yelled to his assistant "What is it your majesty" said George, running into the room, his face fulled with worry and concern. "Get... me... my... wheelchair-" Hans said, gasping as the headache sent waves of pain through his head "Are you alright, your majesty, do you want me to call the ambulance or-"
"Just... take... chair-"
George soon came in, pushing a wheelchair as worry raged through his face. Hans walked over the the wheel chair and suddenly collapsed, hitting the tiles of the balcony floor "KING HANS!" George yelled in alarm as he rushed over to him, kneeling "SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE, QUICK!" he yelled, panic-stricken. Soon, maids, cooks, and caretakers rushed over to the king, crowding him and George, waiting for an ambulance to come. Pushing through the crowd, was George III, the crown prince of Lindisfarne. In other words, his son. "DAD!" he exclaimed, rushing over to the unconscious king, tears welling up in his eyes "No... not now..." he said, tears falling like raindrops from his eyes, rolling down his face. The crowd that surrounded the king were murmuring in surprise as the loud, annoying sirens of an ambulance tore through the somber silence. Later that day, the 81 year-old king woke up in the hospital, and upon hearing that he was infected with the Rodranian parasite, he knew, that Lindisfarne was doomed.
Last edited by The Lindisfarne Islands on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:12 am, edited 6 times in total.

Aznazia
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:17 pm

To: Rodrania

The ever growing spread of Pax-12 has begun to worry me and my nation. After the collapse of New paris as a result of the parasite my advisors have informed me that the fear of the parasite spreading to Aznazia has become a threat to our very survival. As a result 3 scientists of the Aznazian National Science Institution would like to travel to Rodrania to assist with the effort to study the parasite and help create a cure. 5 security agents will be joining the scientists for protection after the recent riots in your nation. We hope that the co-ooperation of the WSA can help bring an end to this parasitic menace.

To: Prime Minister Prime Minister Thijs Carpaij of Lindenholt

I applaud your nation's efforts to scientifically help find a cure to Pax-12. It is incredible that your medical personal were able to partially remove part of the parasite from a person. This could be a break though that the international community is waiting for. As a result 3 scientists of the Aznazian National Science Institution would like to travel to Rodrania to assist with the effort to study the parasite and help create a cure. We hope that the co-operation of the WSA can help bring an end to this parasitic menace.

Although the Pax-12 parasite has not be spotted in Aznazia, the government is not taking any chances. All citizens are given bottled water and water purification tablets to use while the main water purification plants are shut down to ensure that the parasite does not speed through the water. Bird control spikes are placed on the roofs of all building to prevent bird from landing on buildings and potentially spreading the parasite. All imports are screened scrupulously and cleared with UV sticks to disinfect any microbes that be attracted to sealed containers. Travel has also been restricted into and out of the country until a cure is discovered. Since the travel ban will effect tourism this summer, the government has promised to help small tourism businesses stay afloat while the parasite harms business.
Last edited by Aznazia on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Federal Republic of Aznazia

My Political View: https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=4.13&soc=2.82
Pro: USA, Guns, Republic, Capitalism, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Gay Rights, Patriotism, Environment, Green Energy.
Anti: Communism, Corruption, Crony-Capitalism, Accommodation, Fascism, Religious Extremism, Neo-Progressivism.
Peace Time: 450,000 total

Breakdown by branch (peace time):
    -Army: 250,000
    -Navy: 100,000
    -Marines: 35,000
    -Air force: 65,000
Population: 98.362 Million
Current Chancellor: Fredrick Pudikov
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Dwight Folwer
Press Secretary: David Piers
Aznazian Trade Secretary: Christopher Olson

Oblaren
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:15 pm

Arturia had gotten control of the nation again, the infected (121) were brought into the bunker. The panic was under control again. Many Oblarenite doctors had stayed behind in the bunker to research a cure for Pax-12. Another group of doctors with guards had gone to Rodirne to create a cure there as well. Finally, several doctors and a guard of 700 soldiers were going to New Paris where the Western Alliance main cure effort was. Arturia sighed, even the New Paris event would cause her more stress...

Lindenholt
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:55 am

- Loes Land, Sunarctic Lindenholt -
In the quarentined zone a nurse got orders from the doctors to bring the patients to the doctors for a checkup:
"Well sir, a few days ago we removed the parasite... let's see if it grew back..."
"Yes... Where do I need to go?"
"Just follow me"
*Pushes the wheelchair down the corridor*
"Well, have you had more nosebleedings?"
"Yes, about every half an hour. And I am starting to get headaches, is it perhaps due to the operation my brain hurts?"
"Oh... the brain has no pain receptors. Headaches come from pressure on the blood vessels and skull..."
"So... it grew back...?"
"Perhaps, let's take an ultrasound..."
- After the scan, and checkup -
"I seems to grow back... I think we need to remove the parasite's veins too..."
"This patient can not handle an other operation. We need to do someone else..."

- Hours later an other patient's PAX-12 parasite is surgically removed together with the veins -

"We need to research this thing..."
For information: http://iiwiki.us/wiki/Lindenholt
Come to Sunalaya, you'll enjoy it! Sunalaya
This user supports a single state solution for Ventismar.

New Paris 2014, never forget
This user supports a seven state solution for Bograel-Joguestine.

Rodrania
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodrania » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:30 pm

"Dammit, dammit, dammit!" The doctor was starting to get angry. He spent a lot of time working on this parasite and when he heard that it grew back, he knew that all the work he did was now trash. "You fucking worm" he said to himself, trying to calm himself down in fear that a guard would mistakenly think he was infected. "Okay... Okay... Calm down Manfred, calm down" Manfred sat down again. He started to search trough his papers "It causes rapid blinking, nose bleedings, hallucinations, aggression towards uninfected and authorities..." he searched for his pen and started to write " ...and it grows back..."

He was inside of a bunker with an air purifier and other complicated devises to keep the worm away from him. He, and other several scientists and guards stayed there since the disease got out of control. The atmosphere was dark and grim. The world outside was a mess and everyone was trying to keep their sanity and research for a cure. They knew something was going to go wrong... And it went wrong.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME, STAY AWAY FROM ME" Manfred was started by this voice shouting for help. He feared that someone on the them lost his sanity and attacked another scientist or guard. He ran towards the voice, but he only saw Sasha, another scientist and his best friend, on the ground ripping her hair off and shouting nonsensical words. "Sasha, Sasha, what the hell is happening?" after a few seconds he knew what was happening. "GUARDS! Help! there is an infected inside!" after Manfred shouted this, several soldiers from the DCD ran into the room and moved Sasha to a containment room... It was inside... But how?

After all of this happened, Manfred started to investigate the facility. There where no breaches, everything was fine, all the air purifiers and devises where working fine. And that's when he came to a conclusion... The worst conclusion he could ever take. It evolved. He rushed towards his desk and started to write on a paper

It evolved. It fucking evolved. It's now capable of getting trough air purifiers and other devises of the like. I might be infected already. I don't even fucking now. We need to find a way to make it impossible for the worm to penetrate our defenses or find the cure... FAST.

Oh my god, I'm hearing things already... Voices, footsteps, gunshots all kinds of notices and I don't know if I'm hallucinating or if they are real. Goodbye world... I will not try to run, I will just stay here.

If you read this: I'm infected PLEASE KILL ME.

When he finished writing he sat down on his chair and waited... He waited until it was all over.

"Bunker alpha is down, we repeat, bunker alpha is down. Somehow the worm got inside and infected almost everyone. And if there was someone uninfected he got killed by the infected. We where forced to open fire and kill them all. We also found a paper, it was full of blood and by the side of an infected individual, we neutralized him."

"What did the paper say, soldier?"

It talked about the worm being capable of getting trough "air purifiers and other devices. What are your orders, sir?"

"Send that paper to the president, NOW. Make sure it doesn't have any fucking worm eggs on it and then send it."

But sir... I don't know where the president is located

"JUST DO WHAT I SAY, GOD DAMMIT"

Official telegram from The Democratic Empire of Rodrania

To: All nations supporting Pax-12 cure investigation
Subject: Pax-12 news

We have bad news about Pax-12. We are not really sure, but we think the worm is now capable of getting trough air purifiers. As we said, there is no need to panic yet as we don't really know if this is true.
There was a breach in one of our recently created "Research bunkers". The worm mysteriously got trough really complicated devises to keep any organism away from getting inside the research bunkers. We think it might have been caused by the worm evolving.
The Bunker was taken over by the worm in 6 hours, and there was not a single uninfected human alive. We are investigating this incident.
Until the problems are solved no one will enter or exit ANY of the Rodranian Research Bunkers.

Signed
Alexander O'Connor
Pronouns are he/him if you care, tho I myself don't.
I'm a Communist of the Marxist variety without specific labels, I am not a hardliner towards any specific ideology of Communism beyond having influences from several sources and I am in no way an advanced Marxist/Leninist/Luxemburgist/etc intellectual.

Always open to discuss privately with people aligning towards the Far-Right respectfully if they are to respect me back.

Lindenholt
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:14 am

- A few days later -
The second person we tried to remove the PAX-12 worm on we also removed the veins that surround the brain. All the symptoms except for nosebleeds were gone on the patient we did not remove the veins, in a few days it grew back. Now we also removed the veins and it did not grow back. The patient also shows to have memory loss since he was infected with the worm. This could mean that the worm hijacks the memory saving part of our brain. The subject can still recall events that happened before his infection and after it was removed.

Oblaren
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:28 pm

In the research bunker

Head Doctor Malcolm Esfene read the official announcement from Rodina. So it had evolved, what could mere humans do against it? Dr. Esfene sighed, the end was near. What could he do but at least try to save lives. "The worm has evolved we need gas masks for everyone in the bunker." he calmly told an assistant "Oh and try to do something about the air vents, try to get air purifies in them or something." Dr. Esfene took a drink from a bottled water on his desk. A week ago the government had ordered all water be declared infected, for safety (whether it was or wasn't no one knew). The government had provided bottled water for the citizens but there was a strict water ration in place. Dr. Esfene hear the screaming of a child as she was being treated, he hear the dying breath of an infected man. Dr. Esfene could hear the combined suffering of the others in the Oblarenite research bunker. It was becoming too much for him. Dr.Esfene's eyes filled with tears and he sobbed quietly. He was a doctor and he was failing at saving even a few people...

In a secret parliament war room

Arturia sighed heavily and rubbed her eyes. “What can I do, Greene? How do I did with this?” Armin Greene was a high ranking military advisor for Prime Minister Arturia Camours. Greene had come saying he had a solution. Greene said “There is a way out of this. On the tiny island of Klena we could create an ark of sorts. Pick an even number of young men and women and send them to the island as couples. We could also send livestock and other necessities and have them carry Oblaren on after we are all killed by Pax-12.” Arturia smirked sarcastically “And I suppose Pax-12 will just leave them alone?” Greene scoffed “Do you think I’d leave them in the open? No, of course not. We have a bunker in that island that could withstand nuclear weapons, the bunker in buried deep in the mountains. The doors are so thick there’s no way Pax-12 could get in.” Arturia was irritated and hissed “What about the vents? Pax-12 has already claimed bunkers!” Greene, calm in any situation, said “Madam there aren’t many vents. There is an underground greenhouse, that’s massive. It supplies the bunker with air. Now you might say ’That can’t work’ but madam, the vents that exist have the greatest air purifiers in the country.” Arturia slammed her fist on the desk and said “And I suppose you and everyone else in this room will just run away there anyways?” Greene’s eyes flashed with anger, but he remained calm “Madam only the couples will go. They will be randomly chosen and be in top condition.” Arturia cradled her head in her hand “Fine go do it.” The others in room protested but Arturia said “If we leave our people alone and go to that bunker we aren’t being a good government. The whole point of a government is to protect the people. I would willing die for anyone of my people, how many of you would?” The room fell silent.

Lindenholt
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:26 pm

Rest in peace thread. We will never forget you and what problems you caused.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents