NATION

PASSWORD

Lost In the System (FT Open, OOC/Sign-Up/Interest) (Mature)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Thu May 22, 2014 6:38 pm

New Pyrrhius wrote:
Xiscapia wrote:

Yo's more of a pit fighter than anything, but yes.

I'm sure if they all pooled their talents they could make one hell of a moonshine-and-bioweapons distribution ring.

Why not both? If you thought your normal brew had a bit of a kick, you've tried nothing yet.

But then who would complete the customer satisfaction surveys?
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
The Kitsune Empire of Xiscapia's FT Factbook (V2.5)
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Huerdae
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Thu May 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Xiscapia wrote:But then who would complete the customer satisfaction surveys?
...Mishy still needs a job. :(
The Huerdaen Star Empire is an FT Nation.

Xiscapia wrote:It amused her for a time to wonder if the two fleets could not see each other, so she could imagine them blindly stabbing in the dark, like a game of tag, if tag was played with rocket launchers in pitch blackness.
[17:15] <Telros> OH HO HO, YOU THOUGHT HUE WAS OUT OF LUCK, DID YOU
[17:15] <Telros> KUKUKU, HE HAS REINFORCEMENTS
[17:15] <Telros> FOR TELROS IS REINFORCEMENTS MAN

Rezo wrote:If your battleship turrets have a smaller calibre than your penis is long, you're doing it wrong.

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Thu May 22, 2014 6:59 pm

Huerdae wrote:
Xiscapia wrote:But then who would complete the customer satisfaction surveys?
...Mishy still needs a job. :(

I was thinking she'd run security.
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Voloia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Voloia » Sat May 24, 2014 10:14 pm

Okay, first off…

Coptic Archism,

Your application is accepted, welcome to the Lost In the System RP…

It seems were starting to get more people interested in the Lost In the System RP. I will need to hurry up with the OP for the IC thread. Welcome to all the new participants into the game. I apologize for not giving more prompt responses too your applications. I have been a tad busy on the RL spectrum, lately. I should have it up soon mostly likely by Friday. I will still be accepting applications even when the first IC post is up so feel free to send in apps even then to those interested.

New Pyrrhius
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Pyrrhius » Sat May 24, 2014 10:20 pm

there is nothing left to hide from
Last edited by New Pyrrhius on Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
News of the Hour:
1000%!! I USED TO GIVE A FUCK
--------[__]
--------(ಠ_Q)
-------[█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I█████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Genomita
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sun May 25, 2014 12:02 pm

Does that make me the Sixth Ranger?

Name: Ceeka
Alias: Roach or Two-skin, explanation below
Species: Genomitan spacer, who look largely like four-armed androgynous human hermaphrodites, though they tend to wear full-body symbiotic suits which are easily mistaken for their real skin. Ceeka hirself has very light skin and, like most Genomitan spacers, prehensile feet.
Height: 5'10
Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
Eye Color: sea green
Hair/Fur: Beneath hir symbiosuit Ceeka has shoulder-long straight hair that is a rich chocolate brown
List of Crime or Crimes convicted: Poaching, Assault on an officer, Resisting arrest, Manslaughter, Use of unlicensed combat stimulants.
Skills: Outdoor survival, hunting, hand to hand combat, navigation (both on ground an in space),prospecting, landscape art, experienced spaceship pilot, habitatdesign and operation, bioengineering (the last three apply mostly to genomitan biotech, though Ceeka has some experience with "hard" or conventional tech as well.
Personality: Ceeka is usually quite chipper and curious, and shares hir people's love for travel and hunger for new experiences. However, the recent events have made hir somewhat taciturn and cautious. Because ze was raised in a very supportive community with little to no secrets Ceeka is used to being able to talk openly with and trust others others. But here, surrounded by dangerous criminals and forcibly seperated from hir people (and possibly hir symbiosuit) ze secretely feels alone, vulnerable and afraid, though ze will try to keep up a strong impression (the symbiosuit would help with that). Ze secretly longs for someone to confide in, and will keep an eye out for inmates that seem more trustworthy than the others.
Bio: Ceeka was born and raised in a asteroid "terrarium", a hollowed out asteroid terraformed on the inside in the outer regions of Genomitan territory. Ze was always fascinated the way the different types of habitats and living spaceships of hir people worked, and became a succesful and even slightly famous habitat designer. Hir love of travel also drove Ceeka to become an accomplished spaceship pilot. Ze spent the majority of the last few years travelling across Genomitan territory, occasionaly checking in on hir work and seeking inspiration. However, a few weeks ago Ceeka and hir five siblings decided to take their sabbatical leave on a planet that caught their attention. Following the genomitan belief that one should occasionally live close to natureand follow their instincts to balance a normaly civilized life, the group chose to feral on the planet by activating a biomod in their symbiosuits that suppressed higher brain functions, effectively turning them into clever animals. The next few weeks were a blur of fragmented memories, vibrant colors, blood and passion. it was only when one them was shot dead by what turned out to be a Voloian security officer that they became aware that the planet wasn't as uninhabited as they thought. Ceeka and the others, who at this point had neither the capacity to understand what was going on nor to explain why they were there were chased down like animals. Some managed to escape intothe wilderness, while others were killed trying to escape or fight back. Ceeka, however, was caught, hir symbiosuit's teeth and claws still red from the bloof of an officer. By the time ze had regained the ability to talk coherently they had already dragged hir into the courtroom.

Depending on wether or not Ceeka is allowed to keep hir symbiosuit (which is quite resistant to being removed involuntarily, not to mention they would have to discover it#s nature first) ze will behave differently and will be known by a different alias by the inmates. If Ceeka was seperated from the symbiont, which ze considers as much a part of hirself as any part of hir body ze will do whatever. it. takes to get it back, which could get very, very ugly for some people.
Last edited by Genomita on Sun May 25, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I use 80BF00 for native Genomitan,4040BF for Standard and BF80000 for Skav

New Pyrrhius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Pyrrhius » Sun May 25, 2014 4:10 pm

Last edited by New Pyrrhius on Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
News of the Hour:
--------[__]
--------(ಠ_Q)
-------[█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I█████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sun May 25, 2014 10:48 pm

Yeah, that would create some pretty interesting situations, especially since it would likely leave hir feeling exposed and vulnerable at a bad point and hir fellow inmates unsure what to think of hir. Then again, some of them might be intrigued, or even relieved to find out there was something at least close to human under that thing. The moment when Ceeka is seperated from the symbiont will likely involve a lot of pained screams (from both of them), desperate struggling with the guards and cries of "give it back!", probably followed by hir getting beaten unconcious. Genomitans are generally a lot stronger and more resilient than they look, but Ceeka's no soldier. A horde of guards in power armor would still be beyond hir.

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Sun May 25, 2014 11:08 pm

Genomita wrote:Yeah, that would create some pretty interesting situations, especially since it would likely leave hir feeling exposed and vulnerable at a bad point and hir fellow inmates unsure what to think of hir. Then again, some of them might be intrigued, or even relieved to find out there was something at least close to human under that thing. The moment when Ceeka is seperated from the symbiont will likely involve a lot of pained screams (from both of them), desperate struggling with the guards and cries of "give it back!", probably followed by hir getting beaten unconcious. Genomitans are generally a lot stronger and more resilient than they look, but Ceeka's no soldier. A horde of guards in power armor would still be beyond hir.

You mention in your app looking for a confidant, Arah's open to the role. She's genuinely kind and can keep secrets to herself. :)

Voloia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Voloia » Sun May 25, 2014 11:21 pm

Genomita,

Your application is accepted! Welcome to Lost In the System…

New Pyrrhius
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Pyrrhius » Sun May 25, 2014 11:40 pm

Last edited by New Pyrrhius on Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
News of the Hour:
--------[__]
--------(ಠ_Q)
-------[█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I█████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Voloia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Voloia » Sun May 25, 2014 11:56 pm

Genomita wrote:Yeah, that would create some pretty interesting situations, especially since it would likely leave hir feeling exposed and vulnerable at a bad point and hir fellow inmates unsure what to think of hir. Then again, some of them might be intrigued, or even relieved to find out there was something at least close to human under that thing. The moment when Ceeka is seperated from the symbiont will likely involve a lot of pained screams (from both of them), desperate struggling with the guards and cries of "give it back!", probably followed by hir getting beaten unconcious. Genomitans are generally a lot stronger and more resilient than they look, but Ceeka's no soldier. A horde of guards in power armor would still be beyond hir.

I could easily see H.I.M. arranging a later removal of the symbiont should they find out about it in the RP. I mean the normal authorities could easily miss it and assume it's just hir outer skin/exoskeleton. H.I.M. with their more advanced technology, and their willingness exploit new alien technologies for their own "shady" uses would have no compunction about removing the symbiont without shedding a tear of remorse for Ceeka. I suggest keeping a tight lip on it's existence from all the authorites or criminals seeking to exploit/blackmail others with such threats.

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Mon May 26, 2014 6:48 am

Don't worry, Ceeka has no intention blabbing about hir last layer of security between hir and these thugs, especially after the way they treated hir.

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:

You mention in your app looking for a confidant, Arah's open to the role. She's genuinely kind and can keep secrets to herself. :)

Yeah, I'm sure they'd have some interesting chemistry together, both before Arah finds out about the symbiont (what with it's somewhat intimidating appearance, and Ceeka probably still had some blood on hir when they hauled hir into the shuttle) and especially after/if she finds out about Ceeka's true appearance.

Speaking of which, now might be a good moment to discuss who should end up in a cell with whom. Unless all of us will be kept in solitary confinement or with NPC inmates this could lead to some interesting interactions.

Ceeka and Arah could be very interesting in several ways. Genomitans are not known for being prudish or worried about personal space. Depending on how Arah looks (and i imagine she's pretty cute) she might eventually become more than a confidante for Ceeka, who is probably as much starved for affection as for security.

Ceeka and Crowley could be other kinds of interesting. The Star Community has no shortage of er, spirited scientists, though most of them are probably more benign than the good doctor. Ceeka would probably be quick to recognize his type. And like all Genomitans, Ceeka loves fiddling with genetics, or watching others do it, provided it's consensual.

Trygon seems like a pretty cool guy. I'm sure they'd get along just fine.

Aika might be interesting. Like i said, Ceeka is no professional, but ze has a good heart and would probably feel the urge to comfort Aika when ze discovers her vulnerable side. Ze also has twice as many arms as Aika and is a lot stronger than ze looks, so Ceeka could hold her down when things escalate or give her a cooldown hug.

Yo I dunno about. Ceeka might be curious about his people (I think this the first RP where Xis and I take part together ^^) and ze might be able to defend hirself to some degree when his temper flares up (though he would probably have the edge in fighting experience). It would certainly be a learning experience for both.

Just lemme know if you think I'm overanalyzing things ^_^'

And I'd totally give a band called Microbial Shenanigans a try :)
Last edited by Genomita on Mon May 26, 2014 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Mon May 26, 2014 5:00 pm

Yo is female. >.>

As for who gets put where, that's something that Vol and I will decide among ourselves, in order to maximize interesting plot/character development/lulz.

And yes, I think this is our first RP together, Gen. Xeno speaks quite highly of you, and I think I can already see why. ^^
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Mon May 26, 2014 10:31 pm

My bad ^_^'

And yeah, that's probably for the best.

And I'm glad to hear that ^^ I'd love to RP with Xeno again, but he seems pretty busy recently. That, and it seems his inbox gets swarmed by so many TGs I'd need a private quantum entanglement communicator to get my message through, and that kind of tech isn't exactly my nation's specialty ^^

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Fri May 30, 2014 1:31 am

Bumpity boo. Where you all at?

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Fri May 30, 2014 1:47 am

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:Bumpity boo. Where you all at?

If you're asking about RP status, I believe Vol intends to post the IC sometime today.

If you're asking about physical location, I'm [DATA REDACTED]
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Huerdae
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Fri May 30, 2014 4:28 am

Xiscapia wrote:If you're asking about physical location, I'm [DATA REDACTED]
Don't you know Xis?

He is right behind you.
The Huerdaen Star Empire is an FT Nation.

Xiscapia wrote:It amused her for a time to wonder if the two fleets could not see each other, so she could imagine them blindly stabbing in the dark, like a game of tag, if tag was played with rocket launchers in pitch blackness.
[17:15] <Telros> OH HO HO, YOU THOUGHT HUE WAS OUT OF LUCK, DID YOU
[17:15] <Telros> KUKUKU, HE HAS REINFORCEMENTS
[17:15] <Telros> FOR TELROS IS REINFORCEMENTS MAN

Rezo wrote:If your battleship turrets have a smaller calibre than your penis is long, you're doing it wrong.

Voloia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Voloia » Fri May 30, 2014 1:32 pm

Okay guys, I have an IC thread partially ready. I currently sent it too Xis for edit and review. I will post it up once it has been approved for your enjoyment.

Voloia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Voloia » Fri May 30, 2014 6:28 pm

Sorry for the double post: IC thread is up link on the OP page of this thread.

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sat May 31, 2014 10:13 am

Aaaand my first post is up as well. I hope you guys enjoy it. I might be a little out of practice, but I think it turned out pretty well. Xis, if you have any suggestions on how to improve my writing or any notes on my writing in general, please lemme know ^_^

And it feels good to be part of a promising RP again. Seriously ^^
Last edited by Genomita on Sat May 31, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Sat May 31, 2014 8:19 pm

About the visual implant, should it have been left untouched? As in, perhaps the Officers knew little enough about Andna to think the glow was natural? Then though, they could have found it with a simple scan.

Though if they discovered it, what would they do? Try to shut it off with a miniature EMP pulse? Hack and shut it off? Or even just medically remove it? Any of these three options would leave her nearly blind. Because Andna have such adept hearing, they never really evolved that great eyesight, hence the popularity of visual implants.
Last edited by The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism on Sat May 31, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Sat May 31, 2014 8:34 pm

Also, first post up. Not the length or quality of you two's posts but all I can give right now.

Voloia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Voloia » Sat May 31, 2014 8:47 pm

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:About the visual implant, should it have been left untouched? As in, perhaps the Officers knew little enough about Andna to think the glow was natural? Then though, they could have found it with a simple scan.

Though if they discovered it, what would they do? Try to shut it off with a miniature EMP pulse? Hack and shut it off? Or even just medically remove it? Any of these three options would leave her nearly blind. Because Andna have such adept hearing, they never really evolved that great eyesight, hence the popularity of visual implants.

It depends, I mean they probably didn’t recognize it right off the bat. I mean, it’s not like they understand anatomy of every species that they encounter. They might perform, a more through/sophisticated “sensor scan” on her should she be a “problem.”

If they do figure, out about the visual implant. They will have it surgically “removed” by specialized implant specialists to compare to the standard technology on the Hegemonic market. They Hegemonic penal system isn’t exactly great with inmate’s rights after all. It is one of the reasons; prisoners often join together in gangs after all.

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Sat May 31, 2014 8:48 pm

Name: Sonya G'weven Tas'zaedar
Alias: Grey Eyes, Sae (pronounced like, 'Say,'), and Amelia Tolen
Species: Emperian
Height: 6ft2
Weight: 184
Eye Color: Grey
Hair/Fur: Blonde, touch of silver
List of Crime or Crimes convicted: Twenty-Nine accounts of murder (Seemed to be selected targets and guard), Vehicular Theft.
Skills: Like all Emperians Sonya has a touch of the Psionic, which is her primary weapon despite her skills in fire arms and close quarters combat. Back to her Psionic nature; Sonya is classified as Tier Four-Plus Psionic in that she has full control of her abilities, which is basically electron/proton manipulation. Being Tier Four she is roughly upper middle in potency, suffering no neurological damage when using the usually dormant areas of her brain in the conscious manipulation of said sub-atomic parts.

*Psionic is NOT psychic, so no magic or any of that rubbish. Rather Psionics is the conscious manipulation of something by accessing (usually) dormant parts of the brain (in this case an Emperian brain) and using said organ as a command and control device. As such neural inhibiters are a Psionic individuals worst nightmare.
Personality: Sonya is quiet, often ignoring others for whatever reason unless under cover; yet, she has a softer side when dealing with those under unwarranted abuse.
Bio:

Born on Taxis Secundus in Imperial Space Sonya was quickly recognized by the Imperial education system as a Psionic beyond the normal grade 90% of the Emperian species falls under. She was thus transferred to a special training facility at the age of 24 (equivalent to Human 16) to be trained in the employ of the Inquisitorius. Attached to a covert affairs division she was trained in melee, ranged weaponry, various void and terrestrial craft/vehicles, and to put on a cover. Eventually graduating from the rigorous and sometimes lethal training regimen that spanned two decades of her life.

Upon graduation she was attached to a veteran field agent by the name of Falkin, who was attached to the Hegemonic Division of the Imperial Inquisitorius. Tasked with keeping tabs on the Hegemony and spying on its officials. Sonya performed admirably, and reports by her superior attested to that, even if it meant killing a civilian to cover up an Imperial loose end. Though, the net was closing in on her to the point where evacuation was the only option. An option that failed to materialize when Falkin was replaced by a zealous and uncompromising Imperial Human by the name of Horatius. So when the Hegemony finally caught wind of her covert operations and arrested her, no help came, no under handed diplomacy or rescue attempt. She was a burned and abandoned agent left to an alien justice system to sort out.

*Its a little shorter than I wanted, I plan on going into more detail if accepted or if I need to clarify anything I am more than happy to do so.
Last edited by Imperialisium on Sat May 31, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resident Fox lover
If you don't hear from me for a while...I'm inna woods.
NS' Unofficial Adult Actress.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents