NATION

PASSWORD

Civil War in Kamchastkia [OOC|Elysium Only]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hallamalav
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallamalav » Mon May 19, 2014 2:09 am

Tiathon wrote:
Hallamalav wrote:
I understand. And 135.

Very well. Perhaps in the ensuing war I can knock that number down to 113 again :twisted:

Alright.

Kamchastkia
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Mon May 19, 2014 4:20 am

Sorry for my limited posts, been out of town/am sick now. Hallamalav you're accepted.

Tiathon
Attaché

Founded: Jun 21, 2011
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Tiathon » Mon May 19, 2014 8:40 am

Gordonalia, not sure if intercepting messages and having naval bases in territory that belongs to no one counts as a Godmod, but I think it just might.

Gordonalia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gordonalia » Mon May 19, 2014 5:17 pm

Intercepting messengers is intelligence collecting, used by nations RL. And I can change the Naval Base scenario into the fleet just moving south towards Nuclear subs
Last edited by Gordonalia on Mon May 19, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiathon
Attaché

Postby Tiathon » Mon May 19, 2014 6:44 pm

Gordonalia wrote:Intercepting messengers is intelligence collecting, used by nations RL. And I can change the Naval Base scenario into the fleet just moving south towards Nuclear subs

Right, but no nation can intercept every message.... since there has only been one valuable message to intercept as of now, you have intercepted 100% of the messages; so I guess it is okay to have done that for this one message, but if it continues it will definitely be a godmod.

Yea I don't think you should be able to claim unclaimed land on the map, so just have them meet up with your other ships. Although, randomly having ships just hanging around shouldn't be something you should do either.

You mobilized 2.5 million men? That's one million more men than the US has in its entire military! A few days would easily be enough to bankrupt the nation, no? Did you conscript soldiers?

Also, your fleet is unimaginably massive... some 54 ships in the largest fleet if I counted right. Now, it says that's the biggest, but by how much? The United States Navy, the largest ever assembled in the history of mankind, has 289 ships. So if one average fleet has 50 ships(four fewer than the highest), and you have 15 fleets... 750 ships?

Furthermore, why did you move to the border now? Was it, perhaps, to stop my black ops team from entering the country? I hope you don't mind if they had made it into Gordonalia before the military buildup, as it was several posts before the buildup.

Finally, is the massive fleet in the southern Kamchast Gulf sanctioned by Gordonalia, or are they acting against orders from Gordonalia? One post led me to believe the fleet in the Kamchast Gulf was disobeying orders, and another seems that the Gordonalia government is sending reinforcements.

Evbrus
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Evbrus » Tue May 20, 2014 7:25 am

I think we have a Red October type scenario with the traitorus Admiral of Evbrus. You would only get it if you have read the book or movie bout the Red October by Tom Clancy. Let hunt begin for Ex-EPS Petrenko. Also will post today.

Communism is Love, Communism is Life

"Bombs do not choose. They will hit everything.
-Nikita Khrushchev

Member of The Communist Pact

Gordonalia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gordonalia » Tue May 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Tiathon wrote:
Gordonalia wrote:Intercepting messengers is intelligence collecting, used by nations RL. And I can change the Naval Base scenario into the fleet just moving south towards Nuclear subs

Right, but no nation can intercept every message.... since there has only been one valuable message to intercept as of now, you have intercepted 100% of the messages; so I guess it is okay to have done that for this one message, but if it continues it will definitely be a godmod.

Yea I don't think you should be able to claim unclaimed land on the map, so just have them meet up with your other ships. Although, randomly having ships just hanging around shouldn't be something you should do either.

You mobilized 2.5 million men? That's one million more men than the US has in its entire military! A few days would easily be enough to bankrupt the nation, no? Did you conscript soldiers?

Also, your fleet is unimaginably massive... some 54 ships in the largest fleet if I counted right. Now, it says that's the biggest, but by how much? The United States Navy, the largest ever assembled in the history of mankind, has 289 ships. So if one average fleet has 50 ships(four fewer than the highest), and you have 15 fleets... 750 ships?

Furthermore, why did you move to the border now? Was it, perhaps, to stop my black ops team from entering the country? I hope you don't mind if they had made it into Gordonalia before the military buildup, as it was several posts before the buildup.

Finally, is the massive fleet in the southern Kamchast Gulf sanctioned by Gordonalia, or are they acting against orders from Gordonalia? One post led me to believe the fleet in the Kamchast Gulf was disobeying orders, and another seems that the Gordonalia government is sending reinforcements.

Gordonalia's military is 9-11 million total. I'm using what I use for iiwiki. Plus the 10th fleet is the largest and most decorative fleet the other fleets to have 50+ ships. The soldiers are not paid money, but food and shelter, they are bred for war.

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Sun May 25, 2014 10:50 am

Gordonalia wrote:
Tiathon wrote:

Gordonalia's military is 9-11 million total. I'm using what I use for iiwiki. Plus the 10th fleet is the largest and most decorative fleet the other fleets to have 50+ ships. The soldiers are not paid money, but food and shelter, they are bred for war.

Alright, here is the deal. First and foremost, Gordonalia, please read this:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12342

The golden rule is this: you cannot do anything to anyone, or their stuff, without their consent or approval. The defender always holds the advantage in an RP, so if you do anything to anyone, they will always get to determine what effects / losses they shall receive. Only they can determine if their messages were intercepted. If you want to intercept a message, ask them first.

Your soldiers can be whatever they want within the confines of realism. Remember though that they have no natural advantage over any other force from any other modernized nation, because to say that "they are bred for war", and then using that as a basis for military superiority, is a form of Wank.

There are three things that are unacceptable in RPing: Godmodding, Wanking, and Metagaming. Please familiarize yourself with what these things are, and how to avoid them. You can find the definitions in the link I posted.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Wed May 28, 2014 9:59 pm

I'm assuming interest in this RP has collapsed, yes?

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Wed May 28, 2014 11:30 pm

Sorry, haven't been paying any attention for the past few days. How large is the people's navy?
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

China-_-
Attaché

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby China-_- » Wed May 28, 2014 11:33 pm

Formal Naiton Name: Republic of China*
Which side are you on (Fourth Republic or People's Republic)?: People's Republic
What are you basic plans?: To supply weaponry and afford all other necessary aid to the heroic Anti-Fascist Front!
Comments/Questions/Etc.: N/A

*to be referred to as "China" in short*
Last edited by China-_- on Wed May 28, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Medwedian Democratic Federation
Ambassador

Founded: May 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Medwedian Democratic Federation » Thu May 29, 2014 2:44 am

Formal Nation Name: The Medwedian Democratic Federation
Side: People's Republic, although the intention is to set up a colony
Basic plans: To send recon troops and supplies and to get several coastal cities, then launch "Operation Santa Claus", a large invasion, which will bring under it's control a large part of the country where a colony will be set up for the exploitation of local resources.
Comment: It is my first war.

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Thu May 29, 2014 10:43 am

This is a Elysium ONLY RP.

Legendardisch
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Legendardisch » Sat May 31, 2014 8:30 am

Formal Naiton Name: The United Republic Federation of Legendardisch
Which side are you on (Fourth Republic or People's Republic)?: The Fourth Republic
What are you basic plans?: protect.............
Comments/Questions/Etc.: nu
The United Federation of Legendardisch

Pegasus Armed Dealership | De Volkscourant | Embassy Program | Factbook | Legendardisch.gov
PROUD MEMBER OF: I.S.A , I.C.O.N , V.N.T , U.P.A , I.F.C , I.E.S.P , I.A.T.A , I.C.D , D.S.A , U.T.A

Some very cool links: Flickr | DeviantART | Personal Website
Nederlander | Je Suis Charlie | PEGIDA

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Sat May 31, 2014 8:32 am

Legendardisch wrote:Formal Naiton Name: The United Republic Federation of Legendardisch
Which side are you on (Fourth Republic or People's Republic)?: The Fourth Republic
What are you basic plans?: protect.............
Comments/Questions/Etc.: nu

Accepted.

Tiathon
Attaché

Postby Tiathon » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:20 pm

Holus, not sure you could mobilize 15,000 men without being noticed in the modern era.... I mean, Tiathon has several satellite in orbit; the ships would probably show up on satellite images before arriving, no?

United Holus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United Holus » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:36 am

Tiathon wrote:Holus, not sure you could mobilize 15,000 men without being noticed in the modern era.... I mean, Tiathon has several satellite in orbit; the ships would probably show up on satellite images before arriving, no?

It was more of a exaggeration and Sjostrom covering his own arse than actual truth.
"Excellence,have you been detected?","No sir."
Last edited by Joseph Stalin on Sat Nov 30, 1931 9:23 am, edited 100 times in total.

Add 298
Holus

If we do not do the impossible, we shall be faced with the unthinkable.- Murray Bookchin

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.- George Orwell

Tiathon
Attaché

Postby Tiathon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:05 pm

United Holus wrote:
Tiathon wrote:Holus, not sure you could mobilize 15,000 men without being noticed in the modern era.... I mean, Tiathon has several satellite in orbit; the ships would probably show up on satellite images before arriving, no?

It was more of a exaggeration and Sjostrom covering his own arse than actual truth.

Oh alright. Don't forget, if you've entered the Kamchast Gulf Tiathonian troops are blockading the coast! :p

Of course, you could come from the west, rather than the eastern Kamch coast

Sanpol
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanpol » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:40 pm

Formal (Organization) name: San Communist Party
Which side are you on (Fourth Republic or People's Republic)?: People's Republic
What are you basic plans?: To assist in the war effort through funding and the deployment of volunteers
Comments/Questions/Etc.: The Free Union of the San Republic and Draogu is neutral in the conflict and does not openly support the Communist Party.

Tiathon
Attaché

Postby Tiathon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:34 pm

United Holus wrote:

Also, how did your ships and planes get there so fast? If Tiathon knew that Holus was sending ships, it would have used its superior placement (being a neighbor of Kamchastkia) to intercept them... we would have prepared the city of Dinigrad for attack, shot down the planes that flew over.... sent a diplomatic warning before anything had happened. You can't just have one post where all of a sudden not only are 15,000 soldiers invading from the shore but also, an attack on the capital of Dinigrad is not only feasible, but it is already going on before anyone else can post a reaction to Holus movements.
Last edited by Tiathon on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Holus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Holus » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:01 am

Tiathon wrote:
United Holus wrote:It was more of a exaggeration and Sjostrom covering his own arse than actual truth.

Also, how did your ships and planes get there so fast? If Tiathon knew that Holus was sending ships, it would have used its superior placement (being a neighbor of Kamchastkia) to intercept them... we would have prepared the city of Dinigrad for attack, shot down the planes that flew over.... sent a diplomatic warning before anything had happened. You can't just have one post where all of a sudden not only are 15,000 soldiers invading from the shore but also, an attack on the capital of Dinigrad is not only feasible, but it is already going on before anyone else can post a reaction to Holus movements.

WFT :blink: ? Only 1,000 solders have covertly been deployed to Kamchastkia,the rest are holding a position along Kamchastkian territorial waters and are waiting for a response from Evbrus.As for the planes,their's officially carrying humanitarian aid but are covertly deploying a battalion to help absorb the nationalist offensive not go on the offensive (which would be completely moronic as they are heavily outnumbered).I have no idea why you would think I deployed a entire division Kamchastkia or launch a attack on the capital of Dinigrad in a single post,which would being godmodding.

United Holus wrote:with an entire division (15,000 solder strong) are on route to dock at a Kamch People's Republic held port to reinforce the battered Kamch People's Army and supply them with modern weapons.To do this however will require Task Force Beta to move into Kamch waters which expose the fleet to attack from the Axis of Tyranny.That is why we have come to the decision too formally request to form a unified front against ASE forces and insist that the 21st Attack Fleet accompany Task Force Beta as it makes it's way to a communist held Kamch port.
Last edited by Joseph Stalin on Sat Nov 30, 1931 9:23 am, edited 100 times in total.

Add 298
Holus

If we do not do the impossible, we shall be faced with the unthinkable.- Murray Bookchin

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.- George Orwell

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:24 am

My grandma has left town, I'll be active once again.

Tiathon
Attaché

Postby Tiathon » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:33 am

United Holus wrote:
Tiathon wrote:

WFT :blink: ? Only 1,000 solders have covertly been deployed to Kamchastkia,the rest are holding a position along Kamchastkian territorial waters and are waiting for a response from Evbrus.As for the planes,their's officially carrying humanitarian aid but are covertly deploying a battalion to help absorb the nationalist offensive not go on the offensive (which would be completely moronic as they are heavily outnumbered).I have no idea why you would think I deployed a entire division Kamchastkia or launch a attack on the capital of Dinigrad in a single post,which would being godmodding.

United Holus wrote:with an entire division (15,000 solder strong) are on route to dock at a Kamch People's Republic held port to reinforce the battered Kamch People's Army and supply them with modern weapons.To do this however will require Task Force Beta to move into Kamch waters which expose the fleet to attack from the Axis of Tyranny.That is why we have come to the decision too formally request to form a unified front against ASE forces and insist that the 21st Attack Fleet accompany Task Force Beta as it makes it's way to a communist held Kamch port.

Did you post this? (it is the last part of your post):

For the next hour 1,000 men leaped from 100 different planes for a grand total of 1,000 lightly armed Holuse paratroopers dropping near Dinigrad, Kamchastkia- their mission absorb the nationalist offensive until the rest of the Dewedeni Volunteer Division arrive

I think this counts as "launching an attack on the capital of Diningrad in a single post, which would be godmodding." At the very least you mounted an invasion of Kamchastkia with at least 1000 men without a single previous post. One post, and your 100 planes were not only in the heart of Kamchastkia (where did they come from? 10 aircraft carriers? Or did they fly the hundreds of miles from Holus itself?) dropping 1000 armed paratroopers into an area surrounding the capital.

If you are okay with my next post being 1000 soldiers dropping from 100 planes in the Tiathonian airforce surrounding Holuch, with another 15,000 waiting offshore, then I suppose I could accept this. Is that okay with you?
Last edited by Tiathon on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

United Holus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Holus » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:19 am

Tiathon wrote:
United Holus wrote:WFT :blink: ? Only 1,000 solders have covertly been deployed to Kamchastkia,the rest are holding a position along Kamchastkian territorial waters and are waiting for a response from Evbrus.As for the planes,their's officially carrying humanitarian aid but are covertly deploying a battalion to help absorb the nationalist offensive not go on the offensive (which would be completely moronic as they are heavily outnumbered).I have no idea why you would think I deployed a entire division Kamchastkia or launch a attack on the capital of Dinigrad in a single post,which would being godmodding.

For the next hour 1,000 men leaped from 100 different planes for a grand total of 1,000 lightly armed Holuse paratroopers dropping near Dinigrad, Kamchastkia- their mission absorb the nationalist offensive until the rest of the Dewedeni Volunteer Division arrive

I think this counts as "launching an attack on the capital of Diningrad in a single post, which would be godmodding." At the very least you mounted an invasion of Kamchastkia with at least 1000 men without a single previous post. One post, and your 100 planes were not only in the heart of Kamchastkia (where did they come from? 10 aircraft carriers? Or did they fly the hundreds of miles from Holus itself?) dropping 1000 armed paratroopers into an area surrounding the capital.

If you are okay with my next post being 1000 soldiers dropping from 100 planes in the Tiathonian airforce surrounding Holuch, with another 15,000 waiting offshore, then I suppose I could accept this. Is that okay with you?

Aww I see that's typo,(For starters I thought Diningrad was near the coast) I meant to put along the Kamch coast and as for 100 different planes that's just a maths fail (although a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier can hold up to about 75 aircraft and two Nimitz-class aircraft carriers can carry twice that) :palm:

But "Or did they fly the hundreds of miles from Holus itself?) dropping 1000 armed paratroopers into an area surrounding the capital." Did you read the post or what?They were dropped near Diningrad in Kamch People's Army's held territory,not a single part of my post mentions Holuse troops surrounding the capital their are there for defensive operations only. :palm: FYI how is several km2's to the south of Dinigrad equal to surrounding Diningrad?
Last edited by United Holus on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Add 298
Holus

Tiathon
Attaché

Postby Tiathon » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:41 am

United Holus wrote:
Tiathon wrote:

Aww I see that's typo,(For starters I thought Diningrad was near the coast) I meant to put along the Kamch coast and as for 100 different planes that's just a maths fail (although a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier can hold up to about 75 aircraft and two Nimitz-class aircraft carriers can carry twice that) :palm:

But "Or did they fly the hundreds of miles from Holus itself?) dropping 1000 armed paratroopers into an area surrounding the capital." Did you read the post or what?They were dropped near Diningrad in Kamch People's Army's held territory,not a single part of my post mentions Holuse troops surrounding the capital their are there for defensive operations only. :palm: FYI how is several km2's to the south of Dinigrad equal to surrounding Diningrad?

I didn't mean they surrounded Dinigrad, I said they were dropped in the area surrounding the capital, or in other words, the area nearby the capital(it was the area that surrounded the capital in which the troops could be found, not the troops that surrounded the city :p ). That is just a misunderstanding.

But anyhow, did you contact the people's republic? a post about that would have been nice. Also, how do you know where the People's Territory is? The way it appears is that there are not two nations within one (its not like the American civil war) but rather more like the Syrian war, where both sides own cities and other disparate areas, not necessarily all toughing (I could be wrong about this). Both sides claim all of Kamchastkia.

Regardless, in one post, you invaded the land claimed by Kamchastkia, or, in fewer words, Kamchastkia.

So, in one post, you invaded Kamchastkia with a thousand soldiers, a large number of planes, and have a reserve of 15,000 soldiers offshore. As far as I am concerned, your entire mobilization happened IMMEDIATELY; I did not have a second to react to anything that happened until after your post. This is the reason that it is a godmodd. Without a previous post, your ships and troops teleported to where they are now. I am not saying you have to post every little thing that every person in your nation does, but certainly you could have posted once before thousands of Holus troops arrived in Kamchastkia?

I ask this question again: Would it be alright if, in my next post, 1,000 Tiathonian troops invaded Holus, along with another 15,000 offshore? I think we can both agree that that would be unfair. And if I can't do what you did, why should you be able to do it?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents