NATION

PASSWORD

Now accepting immigrants

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Helvagon
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Now accepting immigrants

Postby Helvagon » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:36 pm

From the desk of the Grand Roher Anette

After reading various articles from earth newspapers, we have concluded that there have been some issues with overcrowding on earth. Our nation is composed of four separate planets, and we currently have only 161 million citizens. Because we have large tracts of land to spare, we would like to propose a solution to this problem. On the planet of Iverden, there are very large amounts of unused, unpopulated land, and can be used for citizens on earth. We have various newly constructed cities, and have build many residential apartments and homes for any people of earth who might want to move here. If your nation is having overpopulation issues, you can advise (or force) part of your population to move into the cities we have created for this purpose. We have attempted to create the cities to be somewhat remotely like the ones on earth, and will do what we can to make your people feel at home. There are currently three cities available to move your people into. They are:

Epletowb
City information
Name: Epletowb

Rough size:600 sq. miles

Maximum population: 12 million

Skyline: Image

Current used population: 400,000

Features: We currently have many jobs available, many apartments and homes, lots of museums, and a very large waterpark Image There is currently land set aside to create a nature reserve, and it will be designed by any citizens who chose to move here.

Government: This city is currently run by Lucy Pantella, a politician from Helvagon. Once the city has 8 million citizens, you will be able to hold an election for the next mayor. Those who move here will be considered legal immigrants, and will be treated with the same respect as citizens.

Nejord
Name: Nejord

Rough size: 850 aq. miles

Maximum population: 14.5 million

Used population: 350,000

Picture: Image

Features: Nejord is a very large city dedicated to the advancement of technology. It currently has many white (and blue) collar jobs in the research and technology industry. It has many large movie theaters, and is hosting the next Helvagonian science and industry festival. It also features freshwater lake Virstem, which has very good fishing and boating.

Government: This city is run by mayor Jason Elean, but the next election will take place in about one year, and every legal immigrant there will be able to vote as long as he/she is over the age of 20. Again, and legal immigrants will be treated with the same respect as citizens.

Frihal
City information
Name: Frihal

Size: 500 sq. miles

Maximum population: 10 million

Used population: 100,000

Picture: Please look here -> http://www.wall321.com/thumbnails/detail/20121105/futuristic%20future%20science%20fiction%20cities%201250x798%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_39.jpg

Features: This city is mainly culture based, and is mainly dedicated to things such as theater, art, music, rood, ect. The structural design so far is more like a fairly normal Helvagonian city, incase your citizens want a change of scenery. There are many open jobs, and lots of community gardens and strips of pure nature.

Government: The city currently has no mayor, as the election for the first one is happening in one month. Any citizen/legal immigrant 20 or older can participate in the election.
Please take time to review each of these cities, and decide which is best for your people. Possible expansions can be made.

Transportation

Helvagon is very far away from the Earth, and therefor many earthly nations do not have the technology to reach us within a reasonable amount of time. We do however, and are willing to offer transportation to Iverden. We currently have 5 ships that are ready to take passengers and will, if nothing goes wrong, get them to our nation in two weeks time. Here is the ship model we currently have:

Storote
Image: Image

Number of models: 3

Carries: up to 200,000 people

Features: 35,000 cabins, 3 restaurants (two casual, one fancy), an outer space viewing deck, a movie theatre, both earth and Helvagonian internet access, cable TV, room service, 4 lounge areas (children, teen, family, and adult), and a free welcome to Helvagon presentation (attendance is mandatory, total run time is 47:45).

Cabins:

Room type 1: Image
Room design 1- Designed for 1-4 person groups
- 2 full beds
- 1 fold out couch
- extra pillows & blankets
- one full bathroom with shampoo, conditioner, ironing board, and hair dryer
- three electrical outlets
- one safe for valuables
- one flat screen or hologram tv
- small kitchenette

Room type 2: Image
Room design 2- Designed for groups with 3-8 people
- 2 king sized beds
- 2 fold out couches
- one folding cot
- extra pillows and blankets
- one full bath, one half bath with shampoo, conditioner, ironing board, and hair dryer
- four electrical outlets
- one safe for valuables
- kitchenette

Room type 3: Image
Room model three- Designed for groups with 1-3 people
- 2 twin sized beds
- one folding cot
- extra pillows and blankets
- one full bath bath with shampoo, conditioner, ironing board, and hair dryer
- two electrical outlets
- one safe for valuables
- small kitchenette

Additional things

- help desk
- lost and found center
- miniature police station
- first aid and mini hospital
- convenience shop
- enough life ships to fit all passengers
- money exchange services

Immigration rules

Each immigrant must fill out the immigration form (format can be found in my factbook)and turn it in to the government. The Helvagonian Association for Immigration (The HAI) must have these forms one month prior to the ship's arrival. Each immigrant is allowed to have bring four suitcases full of luggage to take to Helvagon, and are not allowed to include these substances

-alcoholic drinks
-any form of drug
-explosives
-chemicals
-matches or lighters
-knives, guns, or weapons of any kind (unless it's some kind of family heirloom, then it will be stored in the safe and given back to you once you reach Helvagon)
-tools (hammers, saws, ect)
-sporting equipment

if you are unsure if an item counts as acceptable, please contact me via telegram

(it is recommended that you learn to read, write, and speak at least basic Helvagonian before moving here. It is also recommended to educate yourself on the technology of modern Helvagon, as this will come in handy.)

If you are interested in moving some of your citizens to Helvagon, please fill the application below. If you have questions, please ask me.

Country name:
Which city your citizens would like to move to:
How many citizens will be going:
Any special requests and additional information:

Signed,

Anette, Grand Roher of Helvagon

Helvagon- A free place for all except daleks
Whenever I use the term IB, I mean intelligent being. As we have many species who live in Helvagon, it would be inconsiderate to say "people"

We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to set sail for the stars.
~ Carl Sagan

Tuskamo
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuskamo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:00 pm

-Name, age, and gender Derek Lancaster/37/Male
-Where do you currently live? Asterdam, The United Kingdom of Tuskamo
-Where were you were born? Asterdam, The United Kingdom of Tuskamo
-Which country do you currently have citizenship to? The United Kingdom of Tuskamo
-What race are you part of? (human, hobbit, ect) Human
-Photograph of yourself

-Do you have a criminal record? No
-Are you currently employed? Yes
-If so, what is your gross income? 15,685 Checks per month
-Can you read and write in your native language? Yes
-Can you read and write in Helvagonian? Basic sayings
-Have you gotten a higher education? Yes
-If so where? Asterdam Lordom University
-List the names and ages of those in your immediate family Eve Lancaster (37), Joshua Lancaster (40), Jean Lancaster (73)
-Are you financially supporting anyone? Yes
-If so, who? Lord Eric M. Anderson
-How many living beings are you traveling to Helvagon with? 1
-Which room model, 1, 2, or 3, do you wish to stay in during your trip to helvagon? 1
-Do you agree to live by the laws of Helvagon for the time you live there? Yes
Embassy and Consulate Program
U.K. Tuskamo News
Movement rises to rename capital city, San Henry "not reflective of historical Tuskanian patriotism"|Madame Ethel Lehotal nominated for Defense Minister along with Colonel Edward Rus and Curtis Poe, parliament to vote on Wednesday|Rosenberg meets with Canadian prime minister, US president, Mexican president, Russian president, Japanese prime minister for 6th North Pacific Convention.

Helvagon
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvagon » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:35 pm

Tuskamo wrote:-Name, age, and gender Derek Lancaster/37/Male
-Where do you currently live? Asterdam, The United Kingdom of Tuskamo
-Where were you were born? Asterdam, The United Kingdom of Tuskamo
-Which country do you currently have citizenship to? The United Kingdom of Tuskamo
-What race are you part of? (human, hobbit, ect) Human
-Photograph of yourself

-Do you have a criminal record? No
-Are you currently employed? Yes
-If so, what is your gross income? 15,685 Checks per month
-Can you read and write in your native language? Yes
-Can you read and write in Helvagonian? Basic sayings
-Have you gotten a higher education? Yes
-If so where? Asterdam Lordom University
-List the names and ages of those in your immediate family Eve Lancaster (37), Joshua Lancaster (40), Jean Lancaster (73)
-Are you financially supporting anyone? Yes
-If so, who? Lord Eric M. Anderson
-How many living beings are you traveling to Helvagon with? 1
-Which room model, 1, 2, or 3, do you wish to stay in during your trip to helvagon? 1
-Do you agree to live by the laws of Helvagon for the time you live there? Yes
- (Image)

Dear Derek Lancaster,

Your application has been approved by the HAI and the ship will come to get you and any other applicants from your country exactly ten days from now. Please prepare accordingly.
Whenever I use the term IB, I mean intelligent being. As we have many species who live in Helvagon, it would be inconsiderate to say "people"

We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to set sail for the stars.
~ Carl Sagan

Progressive Tech
Secretary

Founded: May 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Progressive Tech » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:49 pm

-Name, age, and gender
Gwen Beaumont, 29, female

-Where do you currently live?
Nightshade City, Department 2

-Where were you were born?
Naala City, Elsariti

-Which country do you currently have citizenship to?
Progressive Tech

-What race are you part of? (human, hobbit, ect)
Cyborg, genetically constructed and mechanized since birth.

-Photograph of yourself
I'm afraid I don't have an image of myself that I could part with.

-Do you have a criminal record?
Once, but it was a minor misdemeanor for putting up flyers questioning the company's claim that Senator Barstool was not a post-it note with a smiley face on it.

-Are you currently employed?
No, but I have a history as a journalist and a writer. I've always been skeptical about the company, and they've begun to use their strangle-hold on the private sector to single me out - I've been ruined. I have gotten several rewards for journalism from country's such as Elsariti and Kristiopia, but I haven't been able to get across the border. If you could sponsor me, I would be able to pay off a Iviarian ship to take me to their country.

Here is a list of places I have contributed to:

The New Feudalism
Daily Comet
Center for Rights of Cyborgs and Clones
Question It!

-If so, what is your gross income?
As of now, I function thanks to my activism and online donations. Any place that officially hires me in Progressive Tech would be blacklisted.

-Can you read and write in your native language? Yes!

-Can you read and write in Helvagonian?
Studied it in college, but I'll need time to adapt to the language again.

-Have you gotten a higher education?
Yes.

-If so where?
Elsariti National University (studied abroad)

-List the names and ages of those in your immediate family
Natalie Beaumont, 28
Oliver Beaumont, 6
Myradicai 23231, 62 (Many Elsaritan people don't have last names, so family groups are distinguished through numbers. Jelani, with a similar culture, simply adopted last names from other languages)
Erin Beaumont, 58

-Are you financially supporting anyone?
Currently, I am being financially supported by my wife. She, luckily, has been spared the backlash against my protesting. She works at as a Statistics Technician, developing infrastructure to best serve whichever demographics live in certain areas.

Also, I have a son who is very bright. He drew me a very pretty picture during class.

-If so, who?
N/A

-How many living beings are you traveling to Helvagon with?

-Which room model, 1, 2, or 3, do you wish to stay in during your trip to helvagon?

-Do you agree to live by the laws of Helvagon for the time you live there? Yes.
-*your signature*
Gwen Beaumont
Last edited by Progressive Tech on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Portugal
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Portugal » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:24 pm

To: Helvagon

Country name: The Commonwealth of Old Portugal
Which city your citizens would like to move to: Elpletowb
How many citizens will be going: 20
Any special requests and additional information: Our citizens are unfamiliar with Helvagon's area such as very advanced technology. It will be nice if you could provide each a handbook around Elpletowb.

Helvagon
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvagon » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:19 am

Progressive Tech wrote:-Name, age, and gender
Gwen Beaumont, 29, female

-Where do you currently live?
Nightshade City, Department 2

-Where were you were born?
Naala City, Elsariti

-Which country do you currently have citizenship to?
Progressive Tech

-What race are you part of? (human, hobbit, ect)
Cyborg, genetically constructed and mechanized since birth.

-Photograph of yourself
I'm afraid I don't have an image of myself that I could part with.

-Do you have a criminal record?
Once, but it was a minor misdemeanor for putting up flyers questioning the company's claim that Senator Barstool was not a post-it note with a smiley face on it.

-Are you currently employed?
No, but I have a history as a journalist and a writer. I've always been skeptical about the company, and they've begun to use their strangle-hold on the private sector to single me out - I've been ruined. I have gotten several rewards for journalism from country's such as Elsariti and Kristiopia, but I haven't been able to get across the border. If you could sponsor me, I would be able to pay off a Iviarian ship to take me to their country.

Here is a list of places I have contributed to:

The New Feudalism
Daily Comet
Center for Rights of Cyborgs and Clones
Question It!

-If so, what is your gross income?
As of now, I function thanks to my activism and online donations. Any place that officially hires me in Progressive Tech would be blacklisted.

-Can you read and write in your native language? Yes!

-Can you read and write in Helvagonian?
Studied it in college, but I'll need time to adapt to the language again.

-Have you gotten a higher education?
Yes.

-If so where?
Elsariti National University (studied abroad)

-List the names and ages of those in your immediate family
Natalie Beaumont, 28
Oliver Beaumont, 6
Myradicai 23231, 62 (Many Elsaritan people don't have last names, so family groups are distinguished through numbers. Jelani, with a similar culture, simply adopted last names from other languages)
Erin Beaumont, 58

-Are you financially supporting anyone?
Currently, I am being financially supported by my wife. She, luckily, has been spared the backlash against my protesting. She works at as a Statistics Technician, developing infrastructure to best serve whichever demographics live in certain areas.

Also, I have a son who is very bright. He drew me a very pretty picture during class.

-If so, who?
N/A

-How many living beings are you traveling to Helvagon with?

-Which room model, 1, 2, or 3, do you wish to stay in during your trip to helvagon?

-Do you agree to live by the laws of Helvagon for the time you live there? Yes.
-*your signature*
Gwen Beaumont

Dear Gwen,

Your application to move to Helvagon has been accepted. The ship will come to get you and any other applicants form your country in two weeks. Please plan accordingly. (As a side note, there are many open jobs for those with your career in the city of Nejord, I would suggest looking at homes there first)

~ Carl Sagan

Helvagon
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvagon » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:22 am

Old Portugal wrote:
To: Helvagon

Country name: The Commonwealth of Old Portugal
Which city your citizens would like to move to: Elpletowb
How many citizens will be going: 20
Any special requests and additional information: Our citizens are unfamiliar with Helvagon's area such as very advanced technology. It will be nice if you could provide each a handbook around Elpletowb.

Dear Rupert Lynche,

Your application for 20 citizens to move to Helvagon has been accepted. The ship will come to pick them up in three weeks. They will receive a handbook of the lifestyle and technologies of Helvagon in two weeks time.

~ Carl Sagan

The Great Zedong Dynasty
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 16, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great Zedong Dynasty » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:07 pm

The Zedonganese are proud people who have been the subject of a recent study by the Zedonganese
N/A

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents