NATION

PASSWORD

Flemish-Hollander Civil War [MT/IC/Ended]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Flanders-Holland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Battle up to the Rijksdag

Postby Flanders-Holland » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:25 pm

OOC: Fuck it. If people are not responding, then I'll just post another thing.

IC: The Rijksdag, as we call it. I am seriously planning to betray these fools, and join the Republicans. How good is our king when he can't even defend? Fuck it. I'm going to surrender today. The Rijksdag isn't even worth protecting, if the Vader Leider and the King is going to die.

-Pvt. Dimitris Boshuizen

The Fascists had more and more people running away - They were shot. Some commanders ran, but the privates shot their commanders who dare run away - They don't know any better. The Republicans fight street through street. They go through building through building, street through street, even through the sewers and subways. Some of the Fascists flooded the Subways to try and kill as much Republicans as possible. Meanwhile, Predator Drones fall through the sky, blowing shit up. Some fascists just blew up the city, regardless. They had no hope. They died. Most fascists retreat to the Rijksdag/State Capitol Building, to defend the king. The King is in a private room, with a white flag, and an iron door defaced with "Knock the Door. I'll answer. Don't worry. I haven't suicided. I have failed.". The Nation is so close to returning to old ways.
"What will we fight for? We shall fight for the freedom of the People. We shall enter a new era. An era that no one has ever seen before. An era of free thought, enlightenment, freedoms of beliefs and culture, as well as Cultural and Scientific Advancement. For those who still support the ways of the old era, the old ways of Imperialism, Monarchism, Superstition, and Racism, they must leave, not just here, but the earth itself, as they wouldn't fit, can't fit, and will never fit in this new era. In this new world. This, my friends, my people, my countrymen, and all human beings, is what we shall fight for." -Thys Griffioen, 1st President of Flanders-Holland

Bonadon
Attaché

Founded: Nov 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bonadon » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:39 pm

Out of the air, probably the most frustratingly simple thing to happen, a swarm of F-14 fighters flew over the Rijksdag and dropped a bunch of missiles straight into it. A whole cluster of the fighters was even defending those that were bombing from a distance from enemy aircraft. If one of the planes was damaged by GTA weapons, a fighter squad would bomb the positions firing and then replace the shot down fighters. No one cared if it was too risky or not, because the F-14 was noticeably faster than the aircraft that the Fascists and their supporters were spitting out, and also a lot more maneuverable with the folding wings.

OOC: This work? We basically have an army of aircraft coming in... I doubt a collapsing enemy army would have enough guns to stop a whole swarm of mach 2.34 fighters, even if they're not going that fast, their wings make it so much easier to fly around in circles and avoid bad areas or missiles.
Freedom isn't free.|Oppression leads to destruction.|Progress is success.
Join the RLCN for democracy, military backup, and political support!
NOTICE: We are not a human country.
Bookholm City wrote:wolves cosplaying humans :palm:

Antarticaria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Antarticaria » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Antarticarias forces fought the Fascists cowards, Snipers in buildings were nearly hitting tripple digits before having more ammo ran to them.

Captain Lisa Foster sat in a abandoned church tower with her .50 Cal rifle resting on its bi-pod and her spotter reading out targets and weather in a string of rapid words, She slowly adjusted the rifle to allow the crosshairs to settle over a Fascist shooting from a house window down at a recovery team trying to chain up the destroyed MBT for extraction, Slowly she squeezed the trigger and in a angry clap the rifle shot and the Fascists arm was completely severed his arm in a bloody flurry, The recovery team waved with a stature of thanks and continued chaining the tank husk to the recovery vehicle.

Meanwhile on another block mortars and artillery flattened whole buildings killing countless fascists, and perhaps some innocence.

Private Alexander Makko Loaded the next 40 mm HE into the tube and leaned back as the gunner fired, shortly after a massive crack in the distance was heard and the next one was ready to fire.

It was only a matter of time before the Fascists surrendered, To boost the moral of his soldiers Stovy Carried a Antarticarian Carbine as well as a Ceremonial sword now drenched in the blood of fascists, his ear was shot clean off nearly 5 minutes before his treatment on a half collapsed cellar that was just now converted into a small command center and rest point for soldiers.
Just a average person! Is that too straight forward?

Flanders-Holland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Flanders-Holland » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:00 pm

OOC: All State Capitol Buildings, even if under enemy control, are considered historical sites, and any major damage like airplane bombs are illegal in the rules of War. Although, I think the Republicans will let that pass for just one time.

IC: When the Republican Army reached the Square, the Fascists really had everything. They had Artillery set up all around the square, and soon - Tanks appeared from the basement of the Rijksdag. The Fascists didn't even care if their sacred building was destroyed. As long as the king is alive, then they have everything to fight for. The Vader Leider is already dead, and the Fascists had nothing left EXCEPT for the king. Tanks were blown, and soldiers died. The Republican Army responded by Flanking, blowing through the square with Predator Drones, and using their RPGS, which they had an abundance of. The Fascists ran more and more until they retreated right into the Rijksdag. Soon, Fascist Snipers shot volleys of sniper shots at the soldiers, as well as Anti-Tank Weapons, and RPGs. Soon, a Helicopter flown in, and shot a machine gun right through the windows. But, the flag of the Fascists still flutter in the wind. But, not for long. The King gets ready to the roof, as well as flag bearers holding a Republican Flag and a White Flag, and his "Personal Guard". He has a microphone and a megaphone, hooked up to speakers all across Luxembourg City.
"What will we fight for? We shall fight for the freedom of the People. We shall enter a new era. An era that no one has ever seen before. An era of free thought, enlightenment, freedoms of beliefs and culture, as well as Cultural and Scientific Advancement. For those who still support the ways of the old era, the old ways of Imperialism, Monarchism, Superstition, and Racism, they must leave, not just here, but the earth itself, as they wouldn't fit, can't fit, and will never fit in this new era. In this new world. This, my friends, my people, my countrymen, and all human beings, is what we shall fight for." -Thys Griffioen, 1st President of Flanders-Holland

Vivoe
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vivoe » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:29 pm

Vivoean troops did not enter the city limits, with victory so close and much of it thanks to the bravery of the two Vivoean Divisions there was no way Brigadier Kenned Falk was going to risk more young Vivoean lives for a war already won. They were heading up to Emmeloord and the Vivoean airfield located there to pack up and leave the field.

There had already been unit citations and hundreds of medal recipients in the two divisions and they would come home soon. Wounded soldiers that had permanent injuries would be compensated massively thanks to Vivoe's massive civil rights and they would forever be taken care of by the government for their service. Troops would be completely evacuated from Flanders-Holland in the next two weeks, Vivoe had a massive fear of so called "Peace Keeping" missions and tried to avoid them at all cost. Their entire armed forces was designed for open, unit vs unit combat rather than counter insurgency. The republicans could hold back any terrorists with ease, Falk didn't want more blood spilled in a foreign country.
Freedom by right, life by blood

Flanders-Holland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

The Battle of the Rijksdag, to complete surrender

Postby Flanders-Holland » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:46 pm

After the Republicans forced the Fascists to retreat to the inside, this was the end. Republican Forces filled in through the front doors, the back doors, and the holes the Enemy Tanks made into the basement. Republican Troops in the basement had to fight off wave after wave after wave of Fascist Troops, trying to bite through the Fascists's asses. The ones who went through the front doors held half an hour dedicated towards fighting through the foyer, as the Fascists used all they can to last as long as possible, and the ones who went through the back reached the old State Assembly of Luxembourg, brimming with Fascists. After the Republicans all met at the State Assembly, the fight lasted for an entire hour, as Fascists and Republicans, Brothers and Sisters fighting eachother, Parents and Children having deadly arguments. The fight for the State Assembly progressed into the Fight of the Roof, as more and more Republicans filled over the inside roof of the Building. When Republican Forces barged through the door, The King was waving a White Flag, and his Personal Guards having their hands in the air, weapons dropped. As Republicans stepped closer, the King said: "I know of my sins, that I brought onto the world. I know my sins, let me be punished greatly. Now, let me raise the flag of the Republic, and sing the Boudewijn one last time, and let me be executed. I don't deserve to live, knowing that I keep a stain from being washed away. Oh, and if you can - Execute me by Guillotine." As he raised the flag of the Republic, after chopping down the Fascist one and letting the Republicans burn it, he had Republican Soldiers help with him raising the flag of the Republic, while soldiers all over the city waved the flag of the republic, as well as green flares. He decided to sing through the speaker. He had a decent singing voice - decent enough to sing the Boudewijn.

Directly after singing the Boudewijn, he let the Republican Sergeants and Soldiers sing with him on singing "De Twee Leeuwen", the national anthem of the Republic of Flanders-Holland.

As he stopped singing, he soon told the city through the speakers: "How ironic, considering I supported this tyranny. I will be held to a trial, and I promise, republicans. That I will be fully responsible. Oh, also, the Vader Leider is dead. He killed himself, along with most of his peers."

The message came in through the night. Willem Van Vlaanderen was chosen for the speech, as all parties knew of his loyalty to the Republic despite Monarchic backgrounds, and the fact that his brother will be missed greatly, no matter who he was. Besides, the Vader Leider led out most of the violence.

"Citizens of the Republic of Flanders-Holland. I have some great news. After a massive firefight in Luxembourg City, which costed thousands of lives. My brother, the King, has surrendered. Halil Scholten killed himself in Luxembourg City yesterday, my brother tells me. My brother will be held through a fair trial, as he accepted. He seems to regret his decision of becoming a supporter of the Fascists, but the war is over. No longer, will the Two Lions fight against eachother. No longer, will our nation fight against itself, as we secured once again, a safe future for the New Era, and for Freedom for all. Now, please join me in singing "De Twee Leeuwen".

The Speech was televised, and the Nation was at peace... for now.
Last edited by Flanders-Holland on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ryrgistan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryrgistan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:39 am

March 16th 02:15

"This better be important for you to wake me at this time!" shouted Colonel-General Assel.
"Sorry sir, but this is very important. My men just received word that the rebels surrendered in Flanders-Holland. Should we tell the General?"
"Quiet, I do not want anyone to hear about this. The General will find out in the morning but we need some good news to accompany it. Suggestions Major?"
"If I may interject, Ryan will not be happy about this, even with good news. General Firuz's advances in Fshanakirot have pleased him, but he has not heard anything from Flanders-Holland for a while. You want to make a big impact in that will affect the current stability and peace in the nation. The will please Ryan." said Admiral Gulnar, sitting on a chair in the corner.
"It is not a bad idea. But what can we do in the next 6 hours that will make such a big effect?"
"General if you please, my soldiers have already set up explosives in several targets across the country. We were waiting for a the go ahead from the rebels, but it never came. If you were to authorize my men to proceed then we could make headlines across the region." responded the major.
"You have my blessings Major. But make sure you succeed. You know what General Ryan will do to you if you fail, on top of the surrender."
"Yes sir" barked the major. Assel left the room, presumably to return to his bed.
"Assel is getting old, if this operation works, you will get his place Major." whispered the admiral.
"Are you sure you can do this Gulnar?" replied Major.
"Yes, I need you to be in a high position if I want to take my brothers throne" said Gulnar, before quietly leaving the room. The major stood still for a moment, then he also left, picking up his phone and calling the headquarters. "Action" was all he had to say, to condemn hundreds to death.

Karat
Lobbyist

Founded: May 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Karat » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:14 am

Colonel Anderson stood about reading a casualty review, while his engineers assigned to his force aided in the clean up in whatever capacity they could in Luxemburg city. Stopping from time to time to look around he and his men hadn't taken their Gas Masks off for hours and so with the fighting done he passed the word that removing them was ok. In a domino effect every man and woman who received the message took the mask off, revealing sweat ridden exhausted faces.

Captain Adehive walked up and saluted.

"Captain?"

"Sir, any additional orders?" She stood at attention.

"No, we keep helping wit the clean up and stay on guard, the major fighting may be over but for all we know Fascist elements may still be stalking about. Keep sufficient guard at all times especially with our engineers and medical staff, but aside from that we keep doing what we are doing until ordered to leave or given new orders from the Republican Command."

"Yes sir." She saluted, turned and marched off, smiling Anderson went back to reading the report.

OOC: Sorry for not being so active, been a busy week or so for me :(

Ryrgistan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryrgistan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:38 am

March 16th 07:30

10 bombs went off simultaneously that morning. 3 in Amsterdam, 1 in Utrecht, 4 in Rotterdam, 1 in The Hague and 1 in Groningen. In Amsterdam the bombs targeted two of the main bridges, one of which goes directly over the harbor. The third exploded in a residential district to the south killing 15 civilians.
Utrecht suffered from a large explosion demolishing the main train station and killing 30 people and leaving many more unaccounted for.
All four bombs detonated in Rotterdam's port leaving most of Eemhaven and Waalhaven sections unusable.
Part of the University of Applied Sciences in The Hague was damaged after a bomb exploded along the side of the canal killing only 3 students.
In Groningen the bomb tore through a small section of the town that had been repaired leaving no casualties.
Last edited by Ryrgistan on Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:41 am

OOC I'll post tomorrow. I just got back from a tiring camp out. Accidentally fell in a fire...
The beatings will continue. Regardless of morale.

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:Also, nominating DEN as ATLAS's Chef Ramses.
The United Remnants of America wrote:I'm collecting friends. Hate to say it, but you qualify.

Flanders-Holland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Flanders-Holland » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:49 am

Ryrgistan wrote:March 16th 07:30

10 bombs went off simultaneously that morning. 3 in Amsterdam, 1 in Utrecht, 4 in Rotterdam, 1 in The Hague and 1 in Groningen. In Amsterdam the bombs targeted two of the main bridges, one of which goes directly over the harbor. The third exploded in a residential district to the south killing 15 civilians.
Utrecht suffered from a large explosion demolishing the main train station and killing 30 people and leaving many more unaccounted for.
All four bombs detonated in Rotterdam's port leaving most of Eemhaven and Waalhaven sections unusable.
Part of the University of Applied Sciences in The Hague was damaged after a bomb exploded along the side of the canal killing only 3 students.
In Groningen the bomb tore through a small section of the town that had been repaired leaving no casualties.

After the massive Terrorist Attacks all across Flanders-Holland, a massive investigation went underway. From the remains of the bombs, to guesswork and motives. The Fascists are out of the picture since most of the places attacked were Republican Controlled in the first half of the war. The Communists are not to blame, since most of them are from Zeeland, and the bombs are not even FROM Zeeland. This only leaves out the foreign powers that supported the Fascists. Elmernia is out, since they abandoned Flanders-Holland halfway through, so it only leave Ryrgistan. Besides, past terrorist attacks were committed by Ryrgistani people, who were not even FROM Flanders-Holland. Now, most of the military's focus is catching any hotspots for these terrorists, as well as preventing any of these terrorist attacks to happen again.

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:21 am

Deleted
Last edited by Die Erworbenen Namen on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
The beatings will continue. Regardless of morale.

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:Also, nominating DEN as ATLAS's Chef Ramses.
The United Remnants of America wrote:I'm collecting friends. Hate to say it, but you qualify.

Bonadon
Attaché

Founded: Nov 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bonadon » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:21 am

Ryrgistan wrote:March 16th 07:30

"Did you see the news General?" remarked a captain on a call with him.
"The news with the after-war warfare?" he replied.
"Yes, that news... We were sending in a helicopter team at a reported suspicious group of people, but we didn't. We didn't expect this to actually happen, even after obvious loss to the enemy forces."
"No one expects- I think the president wants in on the call..." The general pushes a button to allow Mikel Armadie in the same channel.
"Hello gentlemen... I hear of horrible news about our European ally. They're practically near next door to us, so are there any leads at all?" asked Armadie.
The general cleared his throught, digging through a few war reports quickly saying, "Well, everyone who supported the Fascists of course is rather angered. Though, the only ally of the rebels to have stayed til the end of the entire war appears to be Ryrgistan. They were awaiting for something outside of the battles, as our air reconnaissance reported. I'd love to say they did it-"
The captain interrupted the general quickly to fill in one more fact, "It also could have been the rebel remnants. Just because one rebellion is halted, doesn't mean there isn't a few smaller ones roaming around. Martial law was lifted, giving those enemy a chance to do a last minute strike, and probably trying to create another movement to overthrow the Republicans."
"I've come to a solution..." Armadie starts off, "we will acknowledge that the rebels could have done it, but obviously to even get the weapons that far off would have to have some military aid, meaning Ryrgistan. We can inform that we are blaming them, then we can launch a full scale invasion of their homeland, overthrow their obviously evil government, and then our allies will be safe to live in peace. It'd be impossible for such a small population to even invade us with less technology, so no worries."
The president wrapped up, giving his goodbyes and good lucks to the officers, hanging up and letting them continue with their planning.

A few hours later, the president got onto a microphone in a press assembly and started making the claims he had discussed on the phone earlier. Ryrgistan was getting a lot of the blame of stressing the war out further in Flanders-Holland, and for the bombings. Another fight appears near.
Freedom isn't free.|Oppression leads to destruction.|Progress is success.
Join the RLCN for democracy, military backup, and political support!
NOTICE: We are not a human country.
Bookholm City wrote:wolves cosplaying humans :palm:

Antarticaria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Antarticaria » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:31 am

Antarticarian soldiers seal the few dead in body bags and stick them in the Carriers "Dead Bay" below deck, Stovy's ear is sutured and is already on process to turning into a proud battle scar, One MBT was lost during the conflict which was shipped back to Antarticaria for reconstruction and re purposing, Each crewman had their names etched into the side paneling signifying they died while doing their job as is the Antarticarian way, All Antarticarian forces pulled back to the docks and deployed the Famous Royal Engineers who began assisting the locals in rebuilding the bridges, Security detail was to follow them and assist in their mission. Stovy was inherently worried about his current allies and the new found power.
Just a average person! Is that too straight forward?

Flanders-Holland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Flanders-Holland » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:06 pm

Die erworbenen Namen wrote:As one, the DEN soldiers cheered, happy that the war was over. They had finally defeated the Fascists, which had surrendered formally to the Republican forces inside their capital. The Grand Warlord in charge of the operation, GW Castro, had to formally occupy the area with his troops to calm down the men that had been captured. Unfortunately, he didn't think that he could field the rest of the 1st Army that he was in charge of. But soon, he would have to resupply the 1st and 2nd Infantry with more men.

He smiled, though. The Republicans, while allies at first, weren't exactly their allies now. No, they were in the way of massive amounts of power now. DEN was communist, as usual. They believed in Communism, and a small communist party was forming in Luxemburg. Silently, and secretly, the soldiers had been watching them, almost.... Helping them. Giving them ideas, members, status in DEN. And at some point... Weaponization...

OOC: Ok, no. Also, THIS IS THE END! Elections here!
Last edited by Flanders-Holland on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents