NATION

PASSWORD

Enkon Awakens (CLOSED. Please start new thread for UCON.)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Earth Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Empire » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:18 am

Link found: Mikromitrians are Argusians
For years the governments of Mikromitria and the GDC have enjoyed peace, free trade, and recently discovered, an ancient blood link. After years of study at the University of Capella, Prof. George Micheals and a team of other historians, have linked Mikromitrians to Argusians. The proof? An ancient scribe unearthed at an excavation site states that a small fleet of vessels set sail from the North of the Isle and were never heard of again. Following this evidence, DNA tests were taken and there is indeed a link between the Mikromitrians and the Argusians. Mikromitria has always been close to the GDC and is a small island nation in the hexes of 3615 and 3514.
You are an Ordoliberal. 1 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 82 percent are more extremist than you.
    Cosmopolitan 4%
    Fundamentalist 27%
    Reactionary 20%
    Authoritarian 14%
    Capitalistic 24%
    Militaristic 34%
    Anthropocentric 17%
You are a centrist moderate social authoritarian.
Right: 0.66, Authoritarian: 1.34

We all bleed red

Equatorial Quaza
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

“Mare Solis Admits to Sponsor Terrorism in Staedetler!”

Postby Equatorial Quaza » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:01 pm

In the hot topic of foreign interventionism in the Staedetlerian Civil War, Quanza Newrécurd found itself in the mentions of a public announcement by the Mare Solisian government, in which the Secretary of Defense Roman Vega publicly admits to financing the Staedetlerial loyalist faction with billions of Solisian Pesos in the following extract:

“There's a reason why the Solisian Armed Forces have expended billions worth of military equipment towards the Staedetlerian Loyalists & theres a reason why we hired Nedean mercenaries to fight for the loyalists. We did all of that, so that no Solisian service member could fight in Staedetler. That being said, Mare Solis & the UTR do have a very small quantity of special operations troops in Staedetler, but were sent there for one purpose & one purpose only. They were there to train loyalist troops not fight for them. At this moment I can confirm that this small number of trainers are deep in eastern Staedetler, far away from the framed location of Solisian troops killing unarmed civilians.”

Quanza Newrécurd's very own Jaker Panyan and Dr. Akim Maryshanek from the Harumanian University of Law & Sciences discussed the situation occurring in the West.

The situation occurring in Staedetler, with all the intervention from foreign powers such as the People's Republic of Otundi Kogo, Mare Solis and the United Realms, is this all legal?

“To an extent, you could say so. What is currently happening in the region is that you have two major powers trying to push an emerging ideology away. I think that the Mare Solisian government and the United Technocratic Realms are scared. It is natural, but it doesn't make it right. I'm on neither side, but from a law perspective, financing terrorism is a humanitarian crime, and the Mare Solisian government appears to be the main contributor to that.

Surely the People's Republic of Otundi Kogo is to blame also, no?

“Yes and no. I don't know what business Otundi Kogo has in this specific region. The protectorate with Ignacio Servantes, it may seem suspicious to Mare Solis, but Olajide Muama has not financed the purchase of weapons and military vehicles in Staedetler, nor has he ordered anything as far as we know. You don't see the communists in Staedetler retaliating or killing anyone, but you do see loyalist forces slaughtering civilians. Look at the statistics, count the bodies.

I mean, the Solisian government publicly admitted to what in reality is, funding terrorism, do you think they are the main instigators and troublemakers in the conflict then?

“Have you watched that video of the missile attack? Where they take out a bunch of houses in a poor community where they suspected communists of living there? Who threw that then, the loyalists? Because there's no such launchers in Staedetler. The missiles came from the Solisian Navy, currently blockading the country's ports while they blame Otundi Kogo for all the wrongdoing. What do you think? Of course they are.

I agree. What about the destruction of the East-West Wall?

“I don't know too much, but from what I've been reading, the communists set it up from the blue, am I right?

Yes.

“I mean, it's obvious that citizens from both sides are really not interested in continuing the war. There's innocent lives at stake, as we've already seen from the Solisian attacks. Innocent communist supporters are being detained and killed without committing crimes, of course they're going to try and make a statement. It wasn't signed on paper however.

Can you sum the whole conflict for us? What is Staedetler experiencing essentially?

“Sure. Staedetler has found itself in a power vacuum. We can see who's bad and who's not here. Otundi Kogo has been the big boy, they've backed out, they've proved to be over Mare Solis and the UTR, so that triggers a Napoleon complex dispute, in where the proclaimed Enkonian superpowers have to prove that they are above a smaller nation. Of course, this has a negative impact on innocent people. Mare Solis has innocent blood on its hands, they've admitted to sponsoring terrorism, which is quite hypocritical and surprising since Otundi Kogo has no troops or influence whatsoever on the Communist Party of Staedetler.

I fully support the creation of West Staedetler. Free the people, what is happening there is completely anti-democratic. Let the communists have their own government, there's a 50-50 split in the nation.”

Thank you for your time, doc.

Sardinios
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sardinios » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:40 pm

"It's been a month since we got here on this new planet, and it's been really great. I mean we actually get to finally be on land with real gravity instead of the fake on the ship, which is about 10 miles east of the new city. Speaking of which, there's been tons of new cities that started popping up on the new world, but none of them are really finished works, with only a few buildings done. Machines work really fast when they build these buildings, wonder how much Welker, the new president of the colony, had to pay to bring these things with him. Though I hear that the builders are jealous of these machines stealing their job, I just tell them to build the machines if they're builders.
"Welker also funded the machines to get to work on a new satellite, he wants to get contact with the people back home to tell them there's a habitable place. I want to get contact with my girlfriend back home, hope she didn't die from that horrible disease. Man, I wanted to take her along with me for the ride, but I just couldn't afford to buy two tickets. I heard that when we get the message to home, they'll probably start doing second rounds to get on a spaceship, and that it's free! That is, if all of them didn't die, but I'm just thinking of the worst that could happen. Well I'll be going now, my boss just called, I have to go fix a robot who broke down." Jonathan wrote down on his notebook. Jonathan didn't know it yet, but he is someone very important for the future.

Mare Solis
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Loyalists Occupy the Capital

Postby Mare Solis » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:32 pm

Loyalists Occupy the Capital

Staedetler City, Staedetler, Enkon - Just this noon, the Loyalist armored horde lead by Thomas Reichart finally arrives in the capital of Staedetler. The Loyalists did not know what to expect, as half of the city's population is divided between communists or loyalists. When the armored column arrived in the city entrance, the Loyalists experienced both hatred & love. Some civilians handed the Loyalists flowers, while some merely spit on the tracks of the Loyalist tanks. Before entering the city, Thomas Reichart ordered his men to engage only if their being engaged by enemy forces. After receiving looks of hatred & looks of savior, the armored column rolled into the capital building premises. Thomas Reichart then dismounts his tank and with a infantry unit, stormed through the capital building. He finds a couple of communists in the building and tells them to get out. Reichart then finds the President's private office. He sits on the large leather chair and looks through a window that overlooks the whole capital's premises. After settling on the chair, he pulls out a victory cigar made from Guevara and starts smoking it. He then pulls out a phone and dials an area code that belongs to Mare Solis, and says, "It's ours", he then hangs up and summons his highest-ranking officer, Colonel Karl Braun. Upon arrival, Colonel Karl Braun was ordered to get his men to patrol Staedetler City and start handing out medical & food supplies.

[SOLISIAN ARMED FORCES CONFIDENTIAL DIALOGUE]

Valencia del Sol, Mare Solis, Enkon - Secretary of Defense Roman Vega, walks into President Bruno Ibarra's officer with a phone. On the phone's screen shows a phone number that belongs to Thoma Reichart. Defense Secretary Roman Vega then hands the phone to President Bruno Ibarra. He then starts nodding and says, "Congratulation". Upon ending the call, President Bruno Ibarra summons his Joint Operations Council. Once the council comes in and sits down, President Bruno Ibarra stands up and addresses the council.

President Bruno Ibarra: "I just received news that Thomas Reichart has just captured Staedetler City. Our next actions will have to be fast & precise. First off, I want the MSAF 3rd Air Mobility Wing to airdrop humanitarian aid to the civilians of Staedetler City, I don't care if that aid will be used by the communists. I just want them there. Secondly, keep the MSAF 1st ISR Wing & the MSN 3rd Fleet in Staedetler, if our plan backfires I want them there. Lastly, get JSOC I have a mission for them."
Last edited by Mare Solis on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Peace be with you"- Luke 24:36

Promethius Prime
Diplomat

Founded: May 04, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Promethius Prime » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:30 pm

Port Esper, The Commonwealth
City Hall, City Centre
Most of the wounded and all of the command staff had now been evacuated from the Commonwealth field HQ in the city hall; for hours squadrons of Harpies and Manticores had been flying in to the besieged plaza, landing on the rooftops of the east and west wings of the building. Yukimo had to admire their grit, flying into the most heavily bombarded part of the city and then out again, running a gauntlet of anti-aircraft fire and enemy fighters time and again to make sure as many of the defenders made it out as possible. Now the only people left were the defenders themselves, the most experienced and the most elite of them being evacuated while the militiamen and grunts down in the plaza held the enemy off for as long as they could; Yukimo didn't like it, but then he didn't have to, he was just an Oberjager and this was pragmatism. If the CAF left their best soldiers to die or be captured here then they had fewer elite forces to deploy later - strategically it made sense, but it was galling nonetheless.

Yukimo had requested that his Jagertruppe be among the last to be evacuated, a request that had been granted, but now it was their time to leave too. Their ammunition for the DATDs and LATWs was spent - they were running on the last of their energy cells in the Longmires and only had the little disposable anti-air launchers left. There was little they could do now short of grabbing some Orcas and joining the grunts, but Yukimo knew his truppe were too valuable for that; they would be needed again elsewhere if the fight was to continue. So they had packed up, leaving traps and proximity bombs scattered around their nest and now they were making their way to the east wing rooftop - the west wing had already collapsed under the weight of the Imperial bombardments which had been relentless.

As he and his truppe clambered aboard the waiting Manticore, the last Manticore that would make the dangerous journey back into Commonwealth held territory, Yukimo thought on the last few days. They had been vastly outnumbered and outgunned, but had held the Imperial forces at bay for four days, giving them vital time to evacuate everything of value. Once the last of the CAF troopers in the Plaza were overrun, which would probably be within the hour, all the Imperials would find would be an abandoned building full of traps and explosives; their hard won prize, the very thing that had made the plaza a target in the first place, would become a dagger in their side.

The jagers strapped themselves in an Aufklarer Seburo took up positions with Jager Iuroh on two of the side mounted Rotorcannons; the least they could do for the men and women who were ensuring their escape was to give the enemy hell as they withdrew. The pilot of the heavy transport gunned the engines and the VTOL took off, it was time to cut apart some Imperials and then get back for rest and resupply.

Central Plaza, CIty Centre
Of the ten men in his squad only four remained other than himself, Jakobs had cursed the Imperials every time one of his men was hit. Three of them had died the other two had been evacuated - he knew full well though that they were the lucky ones, with the last of their support bugging out he and about five hundred other infantrymen like him, were all that was left defending the City Hall. When the Imperials overran their positions retribution would no doubt come quickly, given how much they had made it cost them to get this far; their numbers might be endless but that didn't mean that taking casualties didn't piss them the hell off, and they had taken a hell of a lot of casualties.

Jakobs stopped to reload, and heard a grim cheer go up as a Manticore transport circled overhead, the engine trails indicating that it had come from the direction of the CIty Hall itself, 'One of the last evac transports out of there then' he thought as he watched it come in low, 'At least they're not leaving us without saying goodbye.' As it streaked overhead he heard the trademark heavy metallic rip as four M7 Phoenix Rotorcannons simultaneously opened up on the advancing Imperial forces, joined by the steady thump thump thump of its quad-cannons. A trail of destruction was left in its wake, Imperial positions blasted apart, men sent flying and just as much dirt and rubble joining them. The Manticore pulled in low just above Jakob's position and hovered facing the enemy and let rip with everything it had; automated missiles corkscrewing through the air as they found targets of opportunity, high calibre explosive shells bursting among the enemy forces in their power armour and transports. As the fire from the VTOL ended it launched a final volley, using all six of its D-Missiles simultaneously causing an immense firestorms.

Just as quickly as it had come the Manticore peeled away and switched into high speed flight mode, zooming away before Imperial air support could intercept it. Jakobs had never been so glad to see a retreating comrade as he had in that moment; Promethians may not like retreating, but when they did they did it style. However despite the deluge of fire unleashed by the Manticore the Imperial advance continued; having reloaded fully he started to pick fresh targets - there was no holding back now and both sides knew it.

Imperial Field Command Post
"I have confirmed reports from Major Raphael sir, the City Hall perimeter has crumbled, our forces have the plaza." The Comms Leutnant saluted as he approached the holo-map display of the city; since their big push on the city centre much of the fighting had stabilised. The CAF had focused everything on the centre, allowing the Imperial forces to consolidate their positions elsewhere in the city and form secure front lines; though angered by how long it had taken Raphael to take the plaza Rhiner was glad of the fact that the time it had taken had allowed him to consolidate and draw in reinforcements. Most of his landing force was now on the ground and he had an armada of Praetorian tanks ready to supplement the existing infantry vanguards; it was only a matter of time before the city fell, though he had a feeling that it would take longer than he'd like.

The major source of his troubles were the enemy VTOLs, they were basically flying tanks, armed to the teeth and capable of high speed aerial combat. The Ritter and Cursor class fighters could do little against them and the Gep Class corvettes were too cumbersome and invariably ended up being outmanoeuvred. What was worse was that he had no way of adapting his forces, they were too far from an Imperial production facility and would have to make do with the equipment they had, but for the first time in his career the equipment they had just wasn't good enough. From their standard issue rifle, to their tanks and aircraft there was nothing the CAF had that was inferior, their only weakness was their numbers, but they seemed adept at negating this through underhanded tactics.

Nova Arkades, The Commonwealth
Motako perceived the battle in Port Esper through the tac-net; every data feed, every interface, every update was akin to an extension of her own senses. She was literally plugged into the hardware that made the Commonwealth tick and as a result was able to expand her consciousness outwards across its entire span; so long as there was an available device through which to perceive the situation the she could directly observe it. It was exhilarating but also quite tiring; with so much information cascading through her mind all at once every second required a massive exertion of will just to maintain her sanity - it was a matter she would have to discuss with Zhukov, who seemed to know more about her capabilities than he did.

As her subconscious ticked over, processing the information and directing the battle in distant Port Esper she started to ponder on her own position. She was more machine the woman now, most of her organs had failed and been replaced, much of her muscle tissue and skin had been stricken with cancer, and her eyes had started to atrophy. Since the initial procedure she had had to have more and more of her body replaced tot he point where the only two things which made her human were her brain and her consciousness. This concerned her; Promethians, as Arcadians did too, feared non-human species or genetic deviation from the human genome; fear was perhaps the wrong word - what they feared was the degeneration of the human genome and thus the species, they feared backsliding. A better way of putting it would be to say that they loathed it. So where did that put her? Her body was no longer organic, much less human and could certainly not be defined as alive. She was a walking example of the Ship of Theseus paradox.

Her mind was troubled by this central problem; if she was no longer to be considered human then how could she lead her people, especially when they would soon be electing their leaders. How could a machine run for office? Not only that but the circumstances of her new body meant that she was more or less immortal... but wait, she recognised this scenario. Her early education came flooding back; she generally tried to forget those terrible years of indoctrination and mental programming - she had been Grade 1 High Arcadian and that had meant that she was raised by the state in an institution, little more than a number, with no real family or friends. But that wasn't what shouted at her from the back of her mind, it was something she had been taught.

Before the dawn of the Arcadian Reich the people of Arkades had been divided and worshiped an abstract being referred to simply as God. But the a group of brilliant thinkers; scientists, theologians and philosophers had found a way of transcending the limitations of their mortality. They never revealed how they had accomplished it, but they had altered themselves and become something beyond human. They had struggled with the same question, if they were no longer human then how could they lead and teach their people - the answer was simple, they would supplant God and become gods themselves. It might be seen as egotistical, but Motako was in the same situation they had been in - she could not be considered human any longer because many of humanity's defining characteristics no longer applied; she was no longer alive yet she was not dead. She had conquered mortality, what else could she call herself?

It was time to talk to Zhukov about becoming a goddess.
The Glorious Palatine Union
"For a just and greater society, for the good of all!"
PMT Tech Thread - FT Tech Thread - Yurope 1936
Timeless Wizard and Regional Gandalf

Mare Solis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Collapse of Xanai Causes SAF to Safeguard

Postby Mare Solis » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Collapse of Xanai Causes SAF to Safeguard

Ciudad Real - News have reached the Solisian Armed Forces that their neighboring friend, Xanai has collapsed. In an effort to protect Xanai from any opportunities of a foreign conquest, the Solisian Armed Forces is to safeguard the collapsed nation. The SAF does not intend to intervene nor influence the country, but has ambitions to protect it from any foreign invasion. Xanai has been a good friend to the Most Serene Republic, and would like to honor that friendship by protecting the nation at its most vulnerable time.

Onza
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Emirates Announces Stance on Unibearian Wolfish Population

Postby Onza » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:45 am

AKHMIS, ONZA - In a much-anticipate press conference earlier today, President André Lamar announced the Emirates's official stance on the Wolfish Population of Unibearia. The transcript of the most important portion is below.

"Onza is committed to Global Peace. We are currently in the works on a Constitution, as our people have demanded, and one of the things that reverberates throughout what we have so far is our nation's primary, unstoppable commitment to peace all across the globe. With that being said, we're faced with a great deal of risk by publicly speaking on this issue. I would like to assure to all of our allies that have denounced this population that we are not coming to support straying away from the natural human genetic code. As a humanitarian myself, I believe that human beings are fallible, though in a very unique, highly respectable way that should not be adjusted other than for the purposes of practical medical advancements. We listened to the choir of criticism, and we heard the reasoning that the transformations of these human beings were only for cosmetic purposes. And while for the most part, we echo the argument that Promethius Prime offered in the past, we simply have to make it clear to all nations of the world that any form of violence against these living things will not be tolerated. We understand the controversy, and we understand the opposition to things that are out of the norm, but we are a nation that is committed first and foremost to the peace of the world, and that commitment is one that we intend to uphold in relation to this decision. I thank all of you for your time and understanding, and I hope that we can continue to work together to promote the safety, the freedom, the happiness, and the equality of all human beings on this planet."

Bipartisan support came from the Liberals and the Dem Socs for Lamar after his speech, which representatives from both sides acknowledging the careful wording and multi-sided considerations that went into the message's construction. Some critics of Unibearia have condemned Lamar and his administration, as well as his supporters, for even remotely showing tolerance of the species, though it is worth noting that this opposition was relatively small in size and quiet in audacity.

Though the main highlight of the press conference was the issue in Unibearia, the President did affirm a formal state of neutrality on the issue in Staedetler.

"We've been paying close attention to the events that have been occurring in Staedetler as reported by media in Otundi Kogo as well as various outlets from Mare Solis and North África, and my advisers and myself concluded that it would be best if we issued a formal statement indicating our nation's neutrality on the issue. I will note that this does not mean indifference, and we are still listening very carefully for potential human rights violations from either the Loyalists, the Communists, or any third party in the region. The Emirates is prepared to vocalize concerns to the Global Alliance and appeal to them for potential intervention or investigation if we hear of any extreme tactics or measures being deployed in that area."

Hints of a new Constitution being in the works have aroused the interest of various media outlets across the nation, resulting in speculation as to what it may include, as this was the first public mention of its progress in several weeks since the government promised to construct a document and hold a national referendum on it. Citizens of the Emirates should also be anticipating an announcement on the progress of the joint research project that began in Nedea nearly a year ago, which is still unknown in nature to the public.
Pro: Social Democracy, Feminism, Critical Race Theory, Humanitarianism, LGBTQ+ Rights, and Secular Humanism.
Anti: Donald Trump, Homophobia, Totalitarianism, Religious Indoctrination, and Corporatism.
Economic Left/Right: -9.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.1
iiWiki|Factbook|Region

Otundi Kogo
Secretary

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Otundi Kogo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:31 am

Otundi Kogo Officially Announces Complete Withdrawal from Staedetler, ‘Red Pilgrims’ Hajj to Staedetler
This morning the government of the People's Republic of Otundi Kogo officially announced its withdrawal from Staedetler with the save arrival of the Auxiliary Fleet. The government promised not to interfere with Staedetlerian conflict as a statement to pinpoint who the real terrorists are in this unfortunate happening. President Olajide Muama has stated that Ignacio Servante's decision to remain affiliated with the Communist Party of Staedetler is his own, assuring that manipulation wasn't and will not be used on Otundi Kogo's protectorate of North África. A military alliance pact document was drawn earlier this week and finalized on the day of the announcement to cement the purposes of the protectorate.

In other news, the branded ‘Red Pilgrims’ from Staedetler's rural and farmland areas have finally arrived in the capital of Staedetler. The pacifists are skeptical to what they will meet upon their arrival in the metropolis under the banner of the red flag. The march in the capital has drawn the attention of other communist-friendly individuals who have joined peaceful rallies across important landmarks in the most important city of Staedetler. Circa 100,000 communist supporters have sat on the floor outside of the City Hall with ‘We want West!’ chants. The demographics of the ‘Red Pilgrims’ range from small children to common farmers and even elderly pensioners seeking peace.

Citiopian-Countropian Communist Factions
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Rebellion: Part I

Postby Citiopian-Countropian Communist Factions » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:32 am

Duna's communist execution faction ‘Rojo’ rounds Countropian military leaders on video.

Earlier this month, the Staedetler conflict sparked a spotlight on the communist ideology. With the secret backing and funding of the People's Republic of Otundi Kogo, a paramilitary and extremist communist faction was born among the ranks of the military of Free Countropia. A very select and tight knit group of rogue military officers, lieutenants and captains were drawn to the humanitarian issues occurring in Staedetler and consequently were approached by the protectorate of North África on social media websites under the orders of the People's Republic of Otundi Kogo in the efforts of gathering important awareness to the so called ‘Solisian terrorism crisis’ and Athretvari's military interventionism abroad. What started off a small discussion topic in a social media page, became something much larger. Lieutenant Armando Salgado, from the 1st Infantry of the Free Countropian Army became an active activist in human equality, a gateway that led for the man's embrace of communist ideology.

Salgado was created a non-profit organization, named ‘Aid for Reds’, it drew attention to the individual. Army officials were unsure of what to think, what actions to take. Salgado talked about sending humanitarian funds gained from charity to Staedetler with hope that the money would reach the hands of communist peasants for the purchases of food and clothing. Friends of Salgado became members of the humanitarian organization, which was operating within the army. A stall with a bucket was the starting point. It soon spread out beyond the army's base, offices and stalls all over Countropia were more common by the week as word continued to be spread via mouth and the internet. By the 18th of August, ‘Aid for Reds’ was gathering donations as far as Enkouh and Encarton.

The fast expansion of the charity became suspicious to the high end of the army. The army's General ordered for the organization to cease, and the dismissal of Salgado. This caused angst among the ranks of the army, some soldiers who held membership cards feared for their jobs, until other ideas plagued the barracks as Salgado lead the organization from the outside. News came that some stalls were being shut down by the government and the army, offices were thrashed and burned. The remnants of ‘Aid for Reds’ became more illusive, and started meeting secretly.

On the 20th of August, Salgado was jailed and publicly branded as an enemy of the state with terrorist intentions. People were confused and angry at the government, on the following day, Countropia experienced its first protests for the release of Salgado. The crowds ranged from builders and teachers to army and navy members. They were met with aggression and police brutality, a riot was instigated and its direct televisation was overshadowed by the conflict in Staedetler. Shops and buildings were engulfed in flames as the riots carried on in Duna up to the 23rd of August. The army was to be called by the presidency.

On the 24th, national guard squads were idle in the military base outside of Duna's outskirts, preparing to march to the city and put an end to the conflict. General Salazar stood ahead of four squadrons, six tanks and circa 50,000 national guards. He said, “I'm sick of these stupid commies, if it was up to me I'd slaughter their families too. There's no space here for these reds! We need to push the scum out. Understood?!” Salazar did not receive a response from the squads.

“I said understood?!” He shouted again, infuriated by the lack of discipline that the guards were exhibiting. Out of the blue, Lt. Rojo, an ‘Aid for Reds’ member pressed the shoulder rest of his automatic rifle against his shoulder and drilled six rounds into the General's head. The General died and Soto was met with the aim of somewhat two hundred soldiers on the spot, to which he commanded, “What are you doing?! How can you stand for this?! We take o— Rojo was shot dead by a loyalist, who in turn was shot by another communist, a war inside the army base sparked and alarms were sounded. It seemed like the majority of guards present were in favor for a communist cause, the loyalists were quickly outnumbered and shot dead. Other bases all over the country received message, this meant civil war. Duna became the first communist-friendly city in Countropia, the Rojo organization was born out of respect for Lt. Rojo, who died instantly after his political statement.

Salgado's organization was secretly funded by President Olajide Muama, the cover was used to install communist factions all over Eastern Countropia, such as the ‘Red Hand Vanguard’ in Enkouh and ‘Unified for Communism’ squad in Encarton.

Soon after Rojo's takeover in Duna's army base, other high ranking members of the army with affiliations to the current federal government were rounded up and filmed by soldiers. The men were all shot dead on camera, fourteen individuals were beheaded and shot multiple times. The tape was sent to neighboring countries. The Rojo faction took possession of military equipment such as high-tech arms, tanks and other armored vehicles, occupying the city on the 25th of August.

In response, Citiopian citizens began a riot for freedom in the capital of New Citiopia. The involvement of the 46566 (USS) in northern Citiopia with their base in Brentai sparked the interest of citizens in fully integrating communism in their country. Pictures of petrol bombs in New Citiopia have began surfing the internet, however, the conflict is still very premature there.

Unibearia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

desperate Times call for desperate measures...

Postby Unibearia » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:01 am

New Drarkhaven, Nedea

0635 hours.

Yuri stands in a hallway outside the Nedean board conference room. His palms are sweaty.
A man comes out the conference room.

“King Yuri of the Wolfish Kingdom of Unibearia. Please come in and take a seat” the man says.

Yuri enters the room. In the middle of the room, plush leather seats surround a large rectangular table. Yuri sits at the opposite end of Isaac Ned. Some of the most important men of Nedea sit in front him. He recognizes the Ceo of Harmony Private Military Company.

“What brings a man like you to Nedea. And most importantly, what business can we do?” Ned asks

“Well” Yuri takes a breath before continuing “ We have done good business in the passed. and as we all know some nations want me and my people dead. My greatest fear is now realised. Nedea is a massive trading partner with some of the most powerful people in the world and if I would lets say join its empire, those superpowers would backoff.”

the Nedean board cracks a laugh and look at eachother.

“This is a big and risky proposition. It could be bad for business. Why would we want to go with your proposition? What would benefit us?” Ned asks

“I have resources that you need. Iron, coal and gold. I have cities with large numbers of unemployed people that will need jobs. My nation could become another industrial hub for Nedea. I would become a loose extension of Nedea we could say.” Yuri takes a sip of water. His eyes stare at Isaac like a predator stalking its prey. Intimidation. Yuri does not know this. He smells the coffee from another room. His mouth waters.

“The Nedean Board will need some time to discuss this matter. If you could please return to the waiting room.” Yuri exits the room and as he looks back the door shut.

Hours pass and finally the doors open again. “You may enter again”

Yuri takes his seat and tries to move his tail so he doesn’t sit on it. The Nedean board observe with curiosity.

"The Nedean board has come to an agreement to accept your proposition." He gives Yuri a treaty "Here are the terms"
Yuri looks at the paper.

The Nation that is Unibearia will become a loose extension of Nedea.

Unibearia will maintain full autonomy, however, Nedea will have near complete control of the nations industry and resource fields.

Nedea will provide limited protection to Unibearia.

Unibearia will have to speak with Nedea before any decisions are made that regard anything outside of Unibearia (ie. wars, alliances, trade)

Unibearia will have to respect both the Human and Pony populace of Nedea and treat them as Unibearians would expect to be treated.

Nedea will attempt to modernize the Unibearian Military

Unibearia may keep their flags and banners but must attempt to but some Nedean into it.

Unibearia’s economy will become capitalist

This Contract will be set to a perpetual expiration date. Meaning, Unibearia will always remain a vassal of Nedea. However, Unibearia may buy its independence back for a price of no less than $K 2.5 Trillion.

"I can agree with this" Yuri says.

"Then Sign it" Isaac replies.

Yuri signs the document.

"Welcome to the Nedean Empire friend"
Last edited by Unibearia on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Bearian Union
"United We Stand"
Population: ~25 Billion
Size: 3 Planetary Systems

UNABORRYA IZ BEST NATION!!!! BROLARRHHH!!!!
Economic Left/Right: -0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.15
Personality type: INTP-T

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Ajerrin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:07 am

Los Angeles, East Ajerrin – Sonia Rodriguez is relieved that it is summer. “I hate the snow,” Sonia, who is 16, said. “It hurts my skin. I’m like a snake – my face turns red, then ashy.”

Harsh winters have been one of the challenges living in this new manufacturing city in northern Ajerrin for Sonia and her family, members of the New Santiagan displacement. They arrived here from a Solisian refugee camp almost two years ago after a stint in Suelo Rica.

Her mother, Elena Rodriguez, 38, who has 11 children, is just now learning to read and write. Sonia, a high school junior, is perhaps the most assimilated. She is obsessed with the holoshow “Mitros’ Love For Her.”

“The writer has the most wildest imagination,” she said. “How could somebody love ponies like that?”

She hopes to create her own TV show someday. “I want somebody to remember me, remember the challenges my family faced in New Santiago,” she said.

Sonia’s family belongs to the displaced New Santiagan population that left after being threatened with slavery years ago. The Rodriguez family and over 200 families live within blocks of one another in (what was once) a town two years ago that was created for the displaced people.

Family ties are everything, yet Sonia and her sisters have stitched together Ajerrin and Santiagan identities. She keeps Birkenstock boots in her school locker to wear under skirts that were ordered from New Santiago catalogs. She covets LeafySub sandwiches – and occasionally hides one in her refrigerator – but is devoted to her mother’s empanadas. She wants to try her hand at modeling, but so far her mother, who has the final word on everything – even a trip to the holosuite – has said no.

This might seem like an unexpected corner of the UFA to plan roots for Santiagans who fled persecution, but in fact they are part of a remarkable story: the evolution of Los Angeles into a city of refugees. Large concentrations of immigrants who have come here seeking sanctuary, including Itharions, Evolonians, Uyswistanians and more recently Staedetlens have transformed this newly created town into a booming industrial city.

It has not been easy for the Rodriguez family. Ms.Rodriguez was a nursing home aide in Suelo Rica but found work at the Hoohaa factory in Los Angeles. Despite the 12-hour factory shifts, she relished the job, especially the camaraderie. “We had two families – our Hoohaa family and our home family,” Ms. Rodriguez said.
She quit after her daughter Solina was born last month, not wanting to be away from her home for such long stretches. But Ms.Rodriguez misses the work and the paycheck. “We felt rich,” Sonia said.

During the two years her family spent in a refugee camp, “we slept on the floor,” Ms.Rodriguez said, as she sat in the living room of her house, a newly created green high-rise that produces not only its own electricity, but also produces its own vegetables that it sells to lower costs.

Rations were meager at the camp. “Dried corn, beans – no rice, a little oil,” she said. While times were tough, Ms. Rodriguez believed it was the right thing to do. “Leaving our home was the most difficult decision we made, but after [my husband] was sentenced to slavery we knew it had to be done.”

Though precise numbers are hard to come by, perhaps as many as half of Los Angeles population of 2 million is made up of refugee families, according to Shelly Callajona, executive director for the Inner Valley Resource Center for Refugees, a non-profit group that has helped to resettle tens of thousands of refugees for 15 years. The immigrants have been an economic engine for the new city, starting small businesses, buying and renovating houses and injecting a sense of vitality into new city streets.

Now in their own green farm, Ms.Rodriguez’s daughter Mana, 18, a student at Angeles Technical College, who is planning to become an agricultural specialist, washed freshly picked lettuce in bins. Her brother, Nico, 11, sweeps the floors of the farm.

Looking around, Ms.Rodriguez said simply, “Here, we have everything.”

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ajerrin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:32 pm

Ambassador Samantha Freidrich Welcomes New Nations Into The Global Alliance

Samantha Freidrich issued a press release today, welcoming its newest Ambassadors to the Global Alliance.

"The UFA Embassy welcomes the newest member-states into the Global Alliance. Newwald, The Nayes, and the United Commonwealths of Caisus and Galgistan all have a rightful place on Enkon and will be seen as caretakers, as well as supporters, of Enkonian life.”

The press release also hinted the UFA would provide an official response to the problems of the world, the Stadetler situation and the "murder squads" in Cititopia in particular, would come shortly.

Citiopian-Countropian Communist Factions
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Rebellion: Part II

Postby Citiopian-Countropian Communist Factions » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:33 pm

As the average shy workingman sat in his couch after dinner, a breaking news topic appeared on the televisions screens of eighteen million New Citiopian residents as the communist-anarchist rebellions reach another new level. Communist and anarchist sympathizers took their banners out onto the street after eight o'clock, and have continued to wreck havoc since. The cause behind the riots are found to be lying in the uprising occurring in Free Countropia's capital city of Duna after its seizure under the Rojo group.

New Citiopians rioting preach about the unification of the two countries, communist activists claim that the two countries should coincide in a single communist state as the dominions share both the same dialect, traditional customs and way of life. The rioting has been going on since the past two days according to the news, but has been becoming increasingly alarming as more and more flocks of protesters join the streets in an attempt to overthrow the police and current government.

At 21:20 PM, a group of youths masked with black ski masks bombarded a public bus with six petrol bombs, which resulted in eight casualties and two deaths. The police did not manage to apprehend the gang of what are suspected to be ten teenagers, also pictured in a series of shop looting incidents and assaults. The group is currently being procured by the police forces for homicide and other charges, there are no other leads on the subject. Other public spots such as supermarkets and high streets have been completely pillaged as a result of the internal conflict.

Free Countropia's hostile communist factions have also reportedly attempted to replicate the riots of New Citiopia in the cities of Enkouh and Encarton, however there exists allegations of the involvement of guns among ordinary civilians. The body count in Enkouh stands at four deaths.

What will the communist machine make of it?

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ajerrin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:20 pm

UFA Praises Mare Solis, Moarfall for Attempting to Divert Eski Mining Colony

President Ali’iloa of The United Federation was shaking hands with the hundreds of families that received their UFA citizenship in Los Angeles today when reporters asked him about the imminent threat from the Eski Mining Colony.

The President praised both Mare Solis and Moarfall in their attempt to divert the Eski Mining Colony that is en route to hit Enkon in the near future, and offered any assistance to help the situation.

“While The Federation lacks the ability to enter into space travel like several other Enkonian nations, we still have the ability to help in other ways,” the President said.

When asked about the UFA Space Program, President Ali’iloa said there “needs to be serious plans put in place, but Redstone needs to act rather than talk about the issues.”

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ajerrin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:48 pm

Kateryna Chumachenka Takes Office in Uyswistan After First Ever Democratic Election

Pertit, Uyswistan – After two years of negotiations, infrastructure buildup and Global Alliance support to draft a constitution, Presidential elections were held last night in Uyswistan.

In what seemed like a lifetime, Kateryna Chumachenka, a local farmer and decade-long freedom fighter turned politician, became the face of the new Uyswistan.

A social democrat, Chumachenka ran on a policy that promoted representative democracy under a rule of law, guaranteeing employees and other economic stakeholders sufficient rights of co-determination, while pushing away a totally free market economy as well as a planned economy like the previous Uyswistan government.

The new constitution provided universal social rights and Chumachenka promoted a private-public partnership that would grow Uyswistan into a 27th century power.

“With help from the people of Uyswistan, the member-states of the Global Alliance, and some blood, sweat and tears, we will rise from our past to create a modern nation, one that will make our children proud,” the new President said.

New Toola
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The Chief Elder makes announcements after new revelations

Postby New Toola » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:09 pm

The Chief Elder addresses the nation

Chief Elder Helena Vane speaks in the Council Chamber

Ithaqua, New Toola - Today, after the recent revelations of Unibearia and its involvement with Nedea, Chief Elder Helena Vane spoke to the nation as some worry began from some of New Toola's citizens.

"My fellow New Toolan's, I am here today to speak to not only you but to the world. As many of you know, The Kingdom of Unibearia has basically sold itself to Nedea, our neighbor and soon to be trading partner. I will say that I expected some sort of involvement with Nedea on this current issue so a few days ago, I began communications with Nedea."

"While I did not expect this from Unibearia, I knew that something had to be done. Their king believes he has a "big brother' now who will fight Unibearia's fight for them. He could not be more wrong. New Toola and Nedea have began trading with each other. We are getting weapons tech from Nedea to modernize our military, we are sharing our rich oil fields out in the Freedom Sea, and we are converting our currency to the Kredit to make trade easier with not only Nedea but also our friend, the United Coalition.

"While this does not mean that Nedea is anything defensive between us, this does mean that any plan Unibearia had of using the nation to attack us will not happen. This is strictly trade between our two nations and we want to have peace between us." The Chief Elder was followed by a thunderous applause.

"I am also here to say that I have received word from some of my military advisors of or newest battalion's of soldiers. I want these "beasts" to see that we are not completely defenseless and I hope the world will see that they are the instigators as of right now. Elder Milan of Homeland Security has also informed me that training s o the rise and security is being made tighter within our nation. So my New Toolan's, you have nothing to fear."

New Toolan standard soldiers with their helmets being debriefed before going off to training.
Last edited by New Toola on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I believe that anyone can be successful in life, regardless of natural talent or the environment within which we live. This is not based on measuring success by human competitiveness for wealth, possessions, influence, and fame, but adhering to God’s standards of truth, justice, humility, service, compassion, forgiveness, and love.” - Jimmy Carter

Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby 46566 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:28 pm

USS to expand south
Midgar,46566- the USS will begin to expand away from the western part of Enkon. The reason for this expansion is to further spread it's influence around Enkon. The USS will expand into hex 2137. While this could force it's hand with the Wolfish republic. The timing is seen as a the best time to expand peacefully while the Kingdom is trying to modernize and change itself into a southern nedean controlled colony. While officially a USS colony it will use midgari's from wavy. The ships are expected to reach the territory within the next 2 weeks.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

Nedea
Spokesperson

Founded: May 20, 2009
Corporate Police State

Postby Nedea » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Board Tower, New DarkHaven, Nedea

Isaac watched as the fur creature left the room. What a strange thing he thought.

"Gentlemen, we have just struck gold. We have just made the deal of the century. With Unibearia's economy under our domain we are set to make billions, if not trillions in revenue. We need to get things running. We have deals to make and contracts to sign."

Isaac picks up the contract and hands it to a secretary. "Make sure it's put somewhere safe and make a few copies." Ned then sits back down and picks up the phone. "I have someone important to call now." He says as a smile grows across his face.

*Information*

Nedea now has control of 70% of all Unibearian Industry. Nedea will be defending key locations in Unibearia with the help of Harmony Private Military Company. As part of the contract, Harmony will sending several tanks, aircraft and other assorted arms to King Yuri's palace. UNDO is now in the process of building and buying up all kinds of different businesses and resource fields.
The Syndicated Corporations
Libertarian in the streets. Anarchist in the sheets.
Each One Of Us Has Something Special, That Makes Us Different, That Makes Us Rare.
“If they won't love you, make them fear you.”

Regnum Dominae wrote:
Democratic Koyro wrote:It's highly unlikely. I'd go as far as saying virtually impossible for the judaeo-christian-islamic God to exist.

If it does (which it doesn't), it has proven itself to be a sadistic, genocidal megalomaniac and eliminating it must be our first priority as a species.

The Kredit Union
Regional Role Play

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ajerrin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:40 pm

UFA Supports Terrorists? - ANN Op Ed Piece

The Staedetlerian Civil War has been an ongoing issue for the past year after a call to split the nation into two by various nations who had interest in the issue. To catch up on the war, President Bruno Ibarra and Olajide Muama of Otundi Kogo, a known supporter of terrorists and on the latest member of the UFA Terrorist List has supported the small, but minor Communist Party of Stadetler. The terrorist sponsored state has threatened to use the Woodpecker SCOF Urban Warfare Unit hidden in Solisian territory to promote the communist agenda and disrupt Solisian business. The dictator-president then allied with the USS and Grand Dominion Empire to further push the communist adgenda.

In response to this problem, Mare Solis has led a costly expedition to lead an attack to maintain a single, pro-democratic Staedetlerian state. The Solisians have purchased heavy power armor from the Commonwealth of Promethius, bought aircrafts and anti-aircraft systems from Athretvari, hired mercenaries from Nedea, donated Mare Solis-designed firearms & armored vehicles, leased an air force base in northern Cyrellican & purchased ATLASS Exoskeletons from the UFA’s own Red Coral.

The USS, playing both sides of the fence, asked the Global Alliance for a humanitarian effort to stabilize Staedetler and create a state free from foreign influence. Despite the influence the USS, Otundi Kogo, the Solisians and Athretvarian nations have tried to push upon on the Staedetlerians, “free from foreign influence” is something that this reporter doesn’t expect to see in the future.

As the powerful military force led by Mare Solis inched closer to Staedetler, the heat on President Muama went full flame. Last month the dictator realized he would not win the battle head on and pulled out of Staedetlerian waters. Instead, the terror-funding president switched strategies into funding a pro-communist government in Staedetler. The dictator then claimed the Realms and Solisians were terrorists for funding a pro-democracy government – what was always in Staedeterian to begin with. Isn’t this a case of the pot calling the kettle black?

After an invasion into Staedetlerian “pro-communist” territory, anti-democratic propaganda began spreading through the interwebs as far as Equatorial Quanza, where the Newrecurd “found” raw video footage from Solisian soldiers attacking unarmed communist citizens at the dividing wall. The fact that Solisian soldiers were no where near the wall, nor the fact that any Solisian soldiers were in battle were not of concern to the Newrecurd.

Last week, the People’s Republic of Otundi Kogo officially withdrew from Staedetler after the pro-democratic military forces won the Staedetlerian capital and much of the Western lands. The pro-communist Red Pilgrims of Staedetler, which range from 100,000 to 1,000,000 depending on which military statistician you ask, are clearly in the minority with the 217 million people who live in the war-torn country.
Which brings us to today. This morning, President Ali’iloa confirmed that UFA supplied the Mare Solisian government with Red Coral exoskeletons. He also confirmed that the government knew they were being shipped to Staedetler to support the pro-democratic side of the civil war.

“The UFA does not support terrorists, nor fund terror organizations. The pro-democratic military group led by our friends the Solisians and Athretvaris is not a terrorist group,” the President said. “We will continue to promote human rights of men and women in countries large and small to promote social progress and better standards of life and freedom. We work with other nations of like minds to maintain international peace and to ensure the promotion of economic and social advancement of all peoples.”

Vvarden
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

A Meeting Of Minds

Postby Vvarden » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:55 pm

General Ursus sat on his sprucewood throne at his encampment on the Divide.
"Sir."
"Yes?"
"A wolf man is here to see you, he hails from Unibearia."
"Send him in."
Ursus chuckled and stood up when King Yuri entered the tent.
He had looked different from what Ursus had expected. Yuri had golden fur, shining in the sun of the ruthless Divide Wasteland. Yuri also wore a sleek grey coat with a white shirt beneath, much different to what Ursus had thought of him.
Yuri nodded his head. "Ursus."
"Hahahaha! Now finally, you have come, the bear and the wolf, at each other's throats, only which one shall be cut, hmmm? You are not here to kill me, yet you are too obnoxious to join me. Why? Are you going to persuade me, like all not beneath my flag? If so you shall be nailed to the cliffs of the Divide, facing west to watch your world die. Are you here to see my abilities? Compare them to your newfound "wolflike" talents? That will be a glorious hunt. To be the Bear that ends the Wolf, or even likewise. Haha! Nice to finally see you here, Yuri..."
"Nice to meet you, the famed General Ursus, also known as the Bear of the North." Yuri said, arm stretched to exchange a handshake.
"And no, I am not here to exchange niceties nor kill you, I have come vastly unprepared for those matters."
Ursus smiled beneath his mask.
"I see you have a eye missing."
"So?"
"You have been in battle, and so you know the rush of blood, the adrenaline, the hate."
"I have been in the Imperium Wars, I am a warrior."
Ursus walked over to a small table and picked up the bottle of Wine lying on the surface.
"Care for a drink?"
Yuri shook his head.
"Ever since my father poisoned me, I have vowed to drink only my own wine."
"Shame." Ursus got out a glass and poured the purple contents into it. "This is Andasrethian Wine Year 2045, only seven in existence." He drunk it all with one gulp. "A real treat."
"Come." Ursus grabbed Yuri's shoulder and walked him outside.
"Your eye. Did it hurt?" Ursus asked.
"A little."
"Hmmmm." Ursus rumbled.
"I have scars of my past, like you. Only I mould them for the future, our future." Ursus grinned, giving Yuri a broad look of the entire camp. It was huge, like a sea of white with flags popping up every few thousand metres.
"Do you want to look?" Ursus asked.
Yuri shrugged and watched.
Ursus chuckled. "I always hide my appearance behind my mask, save in my tent. My slaves are struck blind so not to look upon my face, so this is a treat for you."
He clawed at the bottom of the mask and slowly took it off. Yuri thought he could never see a man so tortured, so...frightening. Yuri's heart was beating fast now.
Ursus's face was almost fully gone, save some scraps of flesh around his eyes and mouth. Yuri could see the bleached bone and the red muscle that remained. Ursus' eyes were scarred and had the colour of a cloudy sky. Ursus' face shook slightly, due to the rarity of this event and their pounding hearts, like a million drums playing non stop and the expression of pity...
Yuri stifled out a small voice. "I...I...You must be so..." Was all he got out.
Ursus looked upon Yuri with an expression of pity, at least he thought it was. He couldn't necessarily tell, as most of the facial muscles were gone.
"If I could create a new face, I would not fail in pleasing you. As all is gone and hate remains." Ursus said.
Yuri gulped and stared at Ursus a bit more. Then Ursus slowly masked himself again and grabbed Yuri's shoulder. "Go." Ursus said. Yuri, released from the spell of Ursus' tortured face walked off and got back in the helicopter in which he arrived.
"The Wolf leaves." Ursus smiles.

Mare Solis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Expansion

Postby Mare Solis » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:31 pm

Expansion

News have reached that the Solisian government plans to expand the borders of África. The government plans to annex Hexagons 2829, 2931, & the rest of 2830. Those hexagons hold a large reserve of resources such as iron & coal. The annexation is to feed Solisia's hunger of "dirty energy". The Solisian government doesn't plan to annex all of them at the same time but annex each of them slowly over time. The government has also contracted surveyors to those Hexagons to survey & analyze the area.
Last edited by Mare Solis on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mare Solis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Operation Switchblade Part I

Postby Mare Solis » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:32 pm

Operation Switchblade Part I

[SOLISIAN ARMED FORCES CONFIDENTIAL REPORT]

Ciudad Real, Mare Solis, Enkon - After getting off a direct flight from Valencia del Sol, Secretary of Defense Roman Vega finds himself at the Solisian Armed Forces Headquarters here in Ciudad Real. After passing though the front entrance and entering a briefing room, Defense Secretary Roman Vega walks into a room full of Solisia's most professional soldiers. In front of Roman Vega was JSOC Group 13, a joint unit that utilizes the skills of the Mare Solis Naval Special Operations Group (NAVSOG) & the Mare Solis Army Commandos. When Roman Vega entered the room, the whole room went quiet and everybody took their seats. After setting his suitcase under a table, Roman Vega gets in front of the room to start the briefing.

Secretary of Defense Roman Vega: "As you boys know the conflict in Staedetler is winding down, but that doesn't mean our work is over. This mission i'm about to you brief you in, is considered of the highest confidentiality and of high importance. So important that the Mare Solis Navy 3rd Fleet & Mare Solis Air Force 1st Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Wing (ISR) will support you if needed. In addition your brothers that were deployed to Staedetler months ago, JSOC Group 7, will assist you on your mission. You gentlemen are to fly to a military airstrip in Staedetler City. And upon arrival you will be greeted by your Group 7 brothers. In addition, your will also be greeted by a high-ranking Loyalist officer. His name is Colonel Karl Braun, second in command of the Loyalist faction. There you will be briefed on the current situation. Gentlemen what you are about do, cannot ever be spoken about, outside with anybody else. As of right know there is no official paperwork proving this operation. Your job is to capture Loyalist leader, Thomas Reichart & transport him back to Mare Solis."
Last edited by Mare Solis on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ajerrin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:41 pm

UFA To Pull Out of Unibearia, President Ali'iloa Speaks On The Issue

Rovstad, United Wolfish Kingdom – The past three months have provided some of the most life altering events in the history of Enkon, especially in the newly claimed United Wolfish Kingdom, previously known as The Kingdom of Northern Unibearia.

Three months ago the Federation nearly completed a treaty with King Yuri, its sovereign ruler, to improve trade, infrastructure, and provide military provisions and training from Darkwater Irons for Northern Unibearia. Chairman Keilani personally worked on the treaty, despite a large minority of ministers and pundits alike who considered the idea of a treaty with the war torn, nuclear-bomb-dropping-state 'insane'.

The treaty guaranteed various joint projects including exclusive rights to mining ore, oil and gas, in addition to the creation of two shipyards by Darkwater Irons and military advisors shipped to Northern Unibearia for development.

Next, quick and without warning, King Yuri laid in a coma after being stabbed with a poisoned blade by the now dead Emperor Darrow Laporte of defunct Southern Unibearnia. The move united Unibearia, but left King Yuri in a catatonic state.

Before the treaty was signed, the leadership of the newly unified Unibearia agreed to have Saratogan military advisors train Unibearian military – a move that rubbed Redstone and Ajerrin negotiators.

Next, rumors of King Yuri’s death spread through the kingdom like wildfire. Within days, the majority of Unibearians were openly seen praying to their Wolf God, performing strange acts to the eyes of Ajerrin media and diplomats.

Within days whispers that King Yuri was alive, but he was not himself. Unibearian officials said Yuri made a pact with the Wolf God, who altered his body to become a “wolfen” or a large humanoid wolf to create a stronger and more powerful Unibearia.

Before Redstone had a chance react, King Yuri dissolved the Bearish Senate, named himself an absolute ruler and created millions of Unibearian refugees that fled the small nation. The mad king ordered the transformation of his whole kingdom, likely a requirement to the Wolf God itself, which caused millions more to flee the state.

Redstone held a neutral tone and gathered more information on the Wolf Cults and assessed the new Wolfen King Yuri’s actions, according to sources within Parliament.

“The Embassy was told to continue negotiations and gather information on the ‘transformation’,” the source said.

During the following month, Yuri opened mining rights to Unibearian corporations creating a trans-Unibearian rail system, bypassing any negotiations with the UFA. He legalized gay marriage, at what many analysts say to please more left-leaning nations.

After many nations, including the Saratogan United Coalition and New Toola, condemned the Unibearian transformation of its people, the Federation stood its ground, continuing its diplomatic duty to research, assess and record data to develop a treaty with the Unibearian state.

King Yuri’s team rebuffed any attempts to negotiate.

Last night, the headlines in Unibearian papers read “Unibearia Aligns With Nedea, For The Glory!” A copy of the newly signed treaty was published for all to see in every paper and every website. The move was not an alignment, but more of a handing over of the state to Nedean execs.

Immediately, Redstone ordered all Ajerrin citizens to leave Unibearia in haste. Ajerrin planes landed in GA-protected Itharion in preparation to retrieve UFA citizens in Rovstad.

Upon the safe arrival of Ajerrin citizens in Aelia, Itharion this evening, the newly named United Wolfish Kingdom received word that the UFA has officially closed its Embassy and has ordered the closure of the UWK Embassy in New Hope.

President Ali’iloa stood at the podium tonight to speak to the people of Ajerrin, the Unibearian nation and the world.

“The Federation attempted to take a small, war-torn nation under its wings only to be tossed to the side by a man who made a deal with his God and transformed his nation into a kingdom of wolves…

The United Wolfish Kingdom, as it is now called, has found allies with the Vvarden Republic and has become a vassal to the Nedean Corporation State, who now controls nearly all of the Unibearian economy.

Chairman Kolani himself attempted to bring the lost kingdom to its senses numerous times, negotiating a treaty that would have provided the Unibearian kingdom jobs, infrastructure and a safe future. But that offer was rebuffed.

Now, the mad King has lost his humanity, his soul, and has given away his people’s lands to the Nedean Corporate State. Two moves I most certainly disagree with…

Since then, more than fifty million Unibearian citizens have fled the wolfen lands after the King required “The Transformation” to its people. A move that is certainly against any and all human rights issues known to man. I condemn the self proclaimed wolfen King Yuri for forcing this inhumane act on the people of Enkon.

It is these actions by the newly named United Wolfen Kingdom, that I have ordered the closure of all Unibearian diplomatic buildings in Ajerrin and ordered all Unibearian diplomats and Unibearian citizens to leave the UFA by tomorrow. As of this moment, all Ajerrin citizens have left the wolfish state; all are safe and accounted for.

While we are committed to a peaceful Enkon, we will not be trifled with. Let it be known that the United Federation of Ajerrin supports peace across the planet, but the acts of the mad wolfen King Yuri are not of sane mind, and the decisions he makes will impact the people and wolfen of Enkon – decisions that include the use of nuclear weapons on the people of Enkon, the assassination of its own people, the forced transformation and destruction of Unibearian humanity, among other things.

The UFA will not stand for any acts of aggression made by the mad king on the people of Enkon, and expect other nations to echo our sentiments.

Thank you and goodnight.”

Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby 46566 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:52 pm

Defensive alliance signed with New Toola
Midgar,46566- The USS has signed a non aggression pact and defensive alliance with New Toola The alliance will foster a greater relationship among the two countries.New Toola is also currently allied with the USS allied Partner in central Enkon Earth Empire. This alliance will help protect new Toola from any possible attack from Unibearia The Hopes are that by potentially staring a full Enkon war assume form of treaty could be made to keep the status quo. The treaty is expected to take force immediately. At this time there is no formal trading clause between the respective countries put there is potential for such talks to happen.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ajerrin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Treaty of Friends Continues in Grand Evolon

Six months ago Ambassador Shirley Knickerbocker secretly reported the Parliament of Grand Evolon would move to dethrone the monarchy and take the nation to a pure Parliamentary Democracy. The 15th Fleet stationed in Tusen NAB was put on full alert to maintain the Treaty of Friendship.

Surprisingly, the Royal family signed the bill without hesitation and it became law nearly five months ago.

When the news hit the wires, it sent a small pro-monarchy force to protest the Royal Decree and threaten civil war. While peaceful protests numbered in the hundreds daily since then, there has been no evidence of any hostilities to the newly formed Parliament. Grand Evolon is led by Prime Minister Sir Francis Draike and this morning confirmed with Redstone that the Treaty of Friends is still binding. The 15th Fleet will maintain its presence in Tusen and will be expected to run the fourth annual AjEvo Naval Simulation at the end of the month. The Evolon Parliament and Redstone will start negotiating the Protectorate status of Martus Bay next month.

OCC: Grand Evolon will maintain its pro-democratic government with its closest ally, the UFA, by its side. The Colony of Martus Bay is an official protectorate of the UFA.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents