NATION

PASSWORD

E10 Council of Nations [Thread Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Lexmark
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

E10 Council of Nations [Thread Closed]

Postby Lexmark » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:00 pm

QUIAGLORIAETHONOSDEPLURIBUS
FORTHEGLORYANDHONOROFMANY

The Super Ten Council of Nations [Crucian: Eximius Decem Concilium de Gentes], more frequently known as the E10 Council of Nations or by the colloquial E-X designation, is an economic cooperative and multinational organization devoted to the purview of economic affairs in Astyria. Established on April 19th, 2013 C.E. as a continuation of the Saint Catherines Protocol for Regional Cooperation and Development, the E10 Council of Nations is an informal coterie of states comprised of those major economic states within the Astyrian territorial expanse, helping one another to expand financially into foreign markets, create free trade agreements and economic partnerships within the confines of the Council forum, and to establish protocols for protecting regional shipping and maritime traffic from extant threats, such as human trafficking, piracy or terrorism. It is based out of Valle Crucis.

Membership in the E10 Council of Nations is purposed according to economic prominence, regional influence, and the intangible premises of value to the collective and to the regional economic zone as a whole. Though lawfully prohibited from exerting force projection by means of economic coercion on member-states or non-associated territories of Astyria, the Council of Nations is strongly encouraged to promote the general welfare of the regional expanse, up to and including the chartering of all provisional mandates and protocols dealing with internationally-recognized criminal activity, including the aforementioned cases of human trafficking, piracy and terrorism. The Council further acknowledges itself as a major economic bulwark of the Astyrian region, promoting an agenda that best suits the needs of all Astyrians with respect to economic freedom and political self-determination.

THEPRINCIPLESOFTHECOUNCIL
The following principles are the official statutes for participation in the E10 Council of Nations.

The First PrincipleMembership Criteria
The E10 Council of Nations is obliged to allow for the controlling interest of power to be vested in ten charter nations, to be purposed via invitation of the Plenipotentiary of the City of Valle Crucis. Council nations are to represent a diversity in economic platforms and programs to best create a consensus on the regional development of economic cooperation and trade, and must be of Astyrian origin. Other Astyrian states wishing to send representatives as non-voting observers, or non-Astyrian nations wishing to develop closer ties with regional powers may send representatives as Observers. Sitting assemblages from non-voting states within Astyria may be given Ius Suffragii privileges by a majority decision of the Council on individual issues.

The Second PrincipleVoting Procedure
Voting policies for the E10 Council of Nations revolves around three classes of legislation: Consilium, Praerogativa, and Vergobretus actions. Consilium acts, or advisories may be issued at the discretion of three or more concurring Council nations, and are considered nonbinding articles of admonition to organizational affairs. Praerogativa actions, or prerogatives are policies dealing with the internal affairs and mechanisms of the Council itself, and are the most commonly passed rulings. Prerogatives must be proposed by a sitting Council state, and must be approved by a simple majority vote of all Council states and those non-Council delegations given Ius Suffragii privileges. Vergobretus actions, or executive resolutions are rare, unilateral declarations imposed by a two-thirds majority of sitting Council nations. Executive resolutions mandate the action of all member-states to an emergency end, such as a joint resolution on anti-piracy or terrorism.

The Third PrincipleLimits on Authority
The E10 Council of Nations may not pass any legislation, nor draft any protocol or treatise that violates or in likewise manner supersedes the jurisdictional and political authority of any nation without the expressed consent of the affected nation(s). The pursuance of any legislation, doctrinal protocol or treatise that abridges the self-determination of an Astyrian state may only be sought through Vergobretus action, and must classify as a measure to protect human rights and/or real property from a clear and present danger. Such issues may be constituted through the existence within the Astyrian territorial realm of indisputable evidence of piracy, human trafficking, or terrorism.

The Fourth PrincipleInternal Cooperation
No member-state of the E10 Council of Nations shall be obliged to fulfill any policy or doctrinal procedure within the confines of their position on the Council that contradicts or violates some measure of their internal authority or right to self-determination. Likewise, no member-state can be forced to accept economic standards or conditions that in any way, shape or form violate its jurisdictional authority, and/or infringes on their right to due process and self-determination. It is the official policy of the Council to encourage however the cooperation of the individual states through independent means, up to and including the creation of trade treaties, economic development pacts, and cultural exchanges with one or multiple parties.

The Fifth PrincipleDisciplinary Action
Nations found to have engaged in the economic coercion through state-sponsored terrorism or unlawful acts of war—punitive embargoes, blockades or quarantines—may be subject to disciplinary action through the passage of Vergobretus action. Such penalties may include retaliatory embargoes, blockades, or quarantines, and may engender independent military action should such a decision be reached by consensus of member-states within the Council, though no such operation shall be construed to constitute an outreach of the Council itself. Member-states found to engage wantonly in economic sabotage of another Council nation may be subject to summary ejection from the organization.

The Sixth PrincipleRedress of Grievances
All corporate entities or nations, regardless of their membership status within the E10 Council of Nations, have the right to petition the Council for a redress of grievances to object to summary actions issued against said parties. Defendant parties have the right to present their case before the Council nations in defense of their actions, and may petition for a hearing on the dismissal of Vergobretus actions passed against them. Said right shall extend to Council nations who have been issued a notice of ejection from the Council coterie.

The Seventh PrincipleTermination of Membership
All member-states of the E10 Council of Nations reserve the right to terminate their presence in the Council for any reason at any point, pertinent to the creation of a free and independent multinational organization for true regional economic promotion. All remitted parties may file a petition for readmission to the then-current Council members at a later date, should an open seat on the Council remain. Ejected parties must wait one calendar year to petition for readmission.
Last edited by Lexmark on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
C
R
U
C
I
S
V
A
L
L
E

Lexmark
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Application and Roster

Postby Lexmark » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:00 pm

QUIAGLORIAETHONOSDEPLURIBUS
FORTHEGLORYANDHONOROFMANY

The Council of Nations represents a coterie of states dedicated to the exploration of all avenues of economic success for each individual member-state, as well as the region of Astyria as a whole. These states have dedicated themselves to the economic success of the region, and have excelled at propagating economic reforms that promote growth and prosperity for all Astyrians.

The Incorporated States of the Blackhelm Confederacy
The First Council Seat — Established Tuesday, January 21st, 2014 C.E.

The Constitutional Monarchy of Aquitayne
The Second Council Seat — Established Tuesday, January 21st, 2014 C.E.

The Asian Federation of Nations
The Third Council Seat — Established Tuesday, January 21st, 2014 C.E.

The Protectorate of Cadenza
The Fourth Council Seat — Established Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014 C.E.

The Seraphic Republic of Cassonne
The Fifth Council Seat — Established Tuesday, January 21st, 2014 C.E.

The United Orthodox Kingdom of Nikolia
The Sixth Council Seat — Established Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014 C.E.

The Confederacy of Neu Engollon
The Seventh Council Seat — Established Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 C.E.

The Republic of GHawkins
The Eighth Council Seat — Established Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 C.E.

The Collection of Jenrak
The Ninth Council Seat — Established Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 C.E.

The Mercantile Federal Republic of the Aurora Confederacy
The Tenth Council Seat — Established Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 C.E.

The Allied States of Aurelia
T5 Council on Trade Relations Member — Established Friday, January 24th, 2014 C.E.

The Kingdom of Costa de Ouro
D5 Developing States' Council Member — Established Friday, January 24th, 2014 C.E.

APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION FOR THE COUNCIL
Code: Select all
[box][align=center][b]Application for Consideration for the Council of Nations[/b]
[size=90][color=#AAAAAA]Applicants Should Complete this Application as Fully as Possible.[/color][/size][/align]
[b]Please mark the location of your nation.[/b]
[ ] Yes, my nation resides in [region]Astyria[/region]
[ ] No, my nation resides in [ Insert Region Here ]

[b]Please mark the desired placement of your nation (select only one).[/b]
[ ] We wish to serve as an executive member of the D5 Developing States' Council Committee.
[ ] We wish to serve as an executive member of the T5 Council on Trade Relations Committee.
[ ] We wish to participate as a non-voting member of the E10 Council of Nations.

[b]General National Information[/b]
[i]Nation's Full (IC) Name:[/i]
[i]Nation's Head of State:[/i]
[i]Nation's Type of Government:[/i]
[i]Nation's Total Population:[/i]

[b]National Economic Information[/b]
[i]1. Please briefly describe the economic system in your country.[/i]
[ Insert Answer Here ]

[i]2. Why do you think your nation should be a Council member.[/i]
[ Insert Answer Here ]

[b]Roleplay Sample Submissions[/b]
1. [ Insert Roleplay URL Here — Mandatory ]
2. [ Insert Roleplay URL Here — Mandatory ]
3. [ Insert Roleplay URL Here — Mandatory ]
4. [ Insert Roleplay URL Here — Optional ]
5. [ Insert Roleplay URL Here — Optional ]

[b]Terms of Agreement:[/b]
[align=justify]We, the undersigned nation, do solemnly agree to abide by the rules and principles outlined by the Council of Nations, including all charter provisions established hereafter, up to and including resolutions binding necessary action through passage of executive resolutions without remittance of membership. We agree not to engage in any intentional or deceptive act designed to harm the Council of Nations or its individual member-states.[/align]
[ ] Yes, we agree to abide by these terms.[/box]
Last edited by Lexmark on Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 13 times in total.
C
R
U
C
I
S
V
A
L
L
E

Blackhelm Confederacy
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Blackhelm Confederacy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:00 pm

OFFICIAL APPLICATION REQUEST FROM THE SENATE AND PEOPLE OF THE BLACKHELM CONFEDERACY

Application for Consideration for the Council of Nations
Applicants Should Complete this Application as Fully as Possible.

Please mark the location of your nation.
[X] Yes, my nation resides in Astyria

General National Information
Nation's Full (IC) Name: The Incorporated States of the Blackhelm Confederacy
Nation's Head of State: Chancellor Octavius Eaglebrand
Nation's Type of Government: Republic
Nation's Total Population: 2.8 billion

National Economic Information
1. Please briefly describe the economic system in you country.
Laissez-faire, zero government involvement in economy

2. Why do you think your nation should be a Council member.
The Confederacy, as one of the largest nations in Astyria, boasts a powerful economy and a wide array of industries.

Roleplay Sample Submissions
1. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=271242
2. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=255964
3. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=272670

Terms of Agreement:
We, the undersigned nation, do solemnly agree to abide by the rules and principles outlined by the Council of Nations, including all charter provisions established hereafter, up to and including resolutions binding necessary action through passage of executive resolutions without remittance of membership. We agree not to engage in any intentional or deceptive act designed to harm the Council of Nations or its individual member-states.

[X] Yes, we agree to abide by these terms.
~Got Oil?~

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Kamunek us Guneyha Eirar us Aquitayne a Symphonia

Ab ordo: Aeternae libertatis

Recipient: E-10 Council of Nations
Sender: The United Kingdom of Aquitayne and Symphonia, His Majesty's Office of Foreign and Diplomatic Relations, Desk of Duchess Miriam Cambridge
CC: Her Majesty, Empress Seondeok vi Kiramashi-Reich, Empress of Symphonia and Head of State of the United Kingdom
Subject: Application

Good day,

It is our honor to be contacting you today in regards to an entrance application to the E10 Council of Nations for the Constitutional Monarchy of Aquitayne. It is, and has been, our firm belief, that the various regions of Astyria need a unifying force in order to establish trade regulations, commonalities, and equalization to promote fair business and trade across the Mare Ferum and all other vast bodies of water which divide us physically.

We have read the Charter of the E10 Council of Nations, and we find it befitting of such a potentially prestigious organization of nations such as this. It is, undoubtedly, a body of nations which will work together to promote trade and prosperity throughout the entire region. Aquitayne, as a central power in Astyria proper, would like to be included within this organization, so that we may - in a more befitting and direct role - influence the region in a positive light, as we believe all of our counterparts are.

A recent economics essay, titled, The Astyrian Economy and Aquitayne's Invisible Market, by a Mr.Hector Cai, has created waves within our domestic parliament in that it has caused vast economic policy shifts that are seen as the foundation for a stronger, better Aquitaynian economy for decades to come. We wish to share these experiences with the rest of the region, and likewise, show how this paper which has more or less belittled our Parliament's ethos of policy making, also strengthens our nation as a whole - and likewise, the E10 Council of Nations.

Thank you for your consideration, and below, you may find our attached application.

Sincerest regards,

His Majesty Samuel Riech

Nation's Full (IC) Name: The Constitutional Monarchy of Aquitayne
Nation's Head of State: Prime Minister James Zaeir
Nation's Type of Government: His Majesty Samuel Reich
Nation's Total Population: 2012 (est.) 178,241,712

The Aquitaynian economy depends heavily on agriculture. With over 826,000 farms within our nation, we are considered the bread basket of Astyria, exporting over $1.6 trillion Aeros of agricultural goods a year, with total percentages of agricultural workers within the nation reaching 13.6% of all employed workers. Our economic policy is a variation which can be considered lassaiz-faire, with some regulations to prevent monopoly corporations and the abuse of workers. We rely heavily on trade with our sister nation, Symphonia, and boast a gross domestic product of 2.980 trillion, respectively.

As a Council member, Aquitaynian economic delegations who have graduated at the top of their class with real-world experience will bring immense amounts of knowledge and resources to the E10 Council. We are a nation centered at the heart of Astyrian commerce, as a gateway to the East and West, and as such have a pivotal role in economic policy and trade throughout the region. We believe that, as a Council member, we will be capable of bettering the Astyrian trade economy and promoting free trade and prosperity throughout the region, as well as promoting a better Astyria as a whole.

1. [ viewtopic.php?p=18394307#p18394307 ]
2. [ viewtopic.php?p=17968285#p17968285 ]
3. [ viewtopic.php?p=18368041#p18368041 ]
4. [ http://pastebin.com/je0kS1iG ]

Terms of Agreement:
We, the undersigned nation, do solemnly agree to abide by the rules and principles outlined by the Council of Nations, including all charter provisions established hereafter, up to and including resolutions binding necessary action through passage of executive resolutions without remittance of membership. We agree not to engage in any intentional or deceptive act designed to harm the Council of Nations or its individual member-states.

Last edited by Aquitayne on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Empire of Symphonia
Minister

Founded: Jul 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Symphonia » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:22 pm

阿基坦和交響曲的聯合王國 | アキテーヌとシンフォニア連合王国 | 아키텐과 심포니아의 연합 왕국

Ab ordo: Aeternae libertatis

Recipient: E-10 Council of Nations
Sender: The United Kingdom of Aquitayne and Symphonia, Asian Federation of Nations Ministry of International Relations, Office of Minister Andrew vi Shimurazaki
CC: His Majesty, King Samuel von Reich of Aquitayne, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and UK Head of Government
Subject: Application

Hello,

Her Majesty's Government would like to contact you in regards to an entrance application to the E10 Council of Nations for the Asian Federation of Nations. As a growing economic power and nation ambitious to assume the role of key trading power in the region of Astyria, the Asian Federation of Nations is always interested in any regional organization that may promote the values of free trade, unfettered and uncorrupt practice, and mutual prosperity.

The Charter of the E10 Council of Nations undoubtedly should help our diverse region work together to promote trade and prosperity. Symphonia and the rest of the AFN, as relative newcomers and sitting in a key position aside the commercial sea lanes in the Mare Ferum, would like to be included within this organization, so that we may benefit from this exchange as well as instill our values of peace, prosperity, and harmony among our fellow nations.

A recent economics essay from Aquitayne, titled, The Astyrian Economy and Aquitayne's Invisible Market, by a Mr.Hector Cai, was the catalyst for the recent economic effort made by our nation. It is shocking to happen upon information that runs contrary to our national opinions and we wish to attain a goals through this organization.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerest regards,
Andrew vi Shimurazaki,
Minister of International Affairs, Official Representative of Her Imperial Majesty, Seondeok vi Kiramashi-Reich, Empress of Symphonia and UK Head of State

Nation's Full (IC) Name: The Asian Federation of Nations
Nation's Head of State: Empress Seondeok vi Kiramashi-Reich
Nation's Type of Government: Semi-constitutional parliamentary monarchy
Nation's Total Population: 2012 (est.) 1,389,352,823

The AFN economy is a mixed, free market economy that is dominated by that of the Empire of Symphonia. It relies heavily on foreign trade to meet its basic population needs, importing I$3.4 trillion Imperial Kokus (NSD$ 5.69 trillion) annually worth of agricultural products and energy goods. The AFN further imports I$5.399 trillion (NSD$ 9.04 trillion) as part of fueling its service and manufacturing economy. Because of the smaller size of the landmass in comparison to the population, the vast majority of citizens live in crowded cities and work in the service and manufacturing industries. The economic center of country lies in Symphony, where the vast majority of international and large corporations are based, like the Imperial Bank of Symphonia and the UK International Stock Exchange. Main exports are namely financial services, information technology, and consumer goods, totaling at IS6.73 trillion Imperial Kokus (NSD$11.27 trillion). The total nominal GDP is IS8.799 trillion (NSD$14.34 trillion) As part of the United Kingdom, Symphonia and the AFN share a large portion of their foreign trade with the sister state of Aquitayne.

As a Council member, Symphonia and the AFN will represent a set of nations that seeking to advance in economic status as to be compare to established economic powers like Vizion and the Blackhelm Confederacy. Our country lies at the heart of Astyrian commerce, like Aquitayne as a gateway to the East and West, and seeks to utilize its key geographic positions along the commercial sea lanes in the Mare Ferum to make Symphonia a major trade entrepot and transshipment center. We believe that, as a Council member, we will be able to better trade relations between East and West and allow other nations an opportunity to enter the Astyrian market through our geographic position.

1. [ viewtopic.php?f=5&t=271242 ]
2. [ viewtopic.php?f=5&t=137275&hilit=Operation ]
3. [ viewtopic.php?f=5&t=184728&hilit=Operation ]
4. [ [Insert Roleplay URL Here — Optional ]

Terms of Agreement:

Last edited by Empire of Symphonia on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Self-described centrist
Likes: Western democracy, capitalism, the Queen, Japan, Republic of China
Dislikes: Religious fundamentalism; discrimination based on sexuality, race, gender, and religion
My Political Compass

Please call me Symph. Please excuse me for lapses in GE&T. I'm a busy person too.

Trellin
Envoy

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Trellin » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:41 am

[OOC: Posting with Trellin rather than more relevant Khade (Cadenza) to keep it all in one account; this post represents the Protectorate of Cadenza, not its protector, Trellin.]

Chamber of Commerce,
3, Grand Avenue,
Cadenza
To whom it may concern,
I hope this letter finds you in good health. My name is Azara Fa'leh Tirest. I am the Chairman of the Commerce Board of the Protectorate of Cadenza, the westernmost territory of the Trellinese Empire and one of Astyria's most prosperous nations. In the last number of years we have witnessed a tremendous wave of economic growth sweeping Cadenza, and our small archipelago looks set to become one of the region's key financial capitals.

As a small country, we are very much obliged to heed the increasing trend of globalisation in the region, particularly with our major traditional economic partner, the Grand Sidereal Monarchy of Trellin, being shut away in isolationism. Cadenzans are commercial opportunists, and always know how to track down the market - or, increasingly, bring the market to us. We are entering an era of open borders and global trade, where it is more normal to get your goods shipped from other continents than to walk around the corner to buy them. The Protectorate plainly recognises the importance of regional bodies, most particularly the E10 Council of Nations, oriented towards trade and the promotion thereof.

Therefore, it is now my distinct pleasure, and that of the Commerce Board I represent, to respectfully put forward the Protectorate of Cadenza for consideration as a member of your most distinguished organisation. Please find attached to this missive the requisite application form, completed in full. I welcome your reply and look forward to hearing your decisions and opinions regarding this submission. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours in friendship,
Chairman of the Commerce Board

Nation's Full (IC) Name: The Protectorate of Cadenza
Nation's Head of State: Duke Adrahil Kamënus
Nation's Type of Government: Oligarchic Republic
Nation's Total Population: 1,420,971

"The modern Cadenzan economy is one of the most affluent and most globalised in Astyria, with a strong focus on its financial sector and other major tertiary industries. It has in recent years made a name for itself as a hub of regional banking and trade, with policies heavily oriented towards drawing in international businesses. The Protectorate often refers to itself as the Cadenzan Economic Free Zone, offering low tax rates and extensive support from its Board of Commerce."

In general terms, the government of Cadenza pursues free-market ideals and aims to have as little involvement in its economy as it can. A 5% income tax and 5% sales tax work to provide the necessary funding for the country's public expenditure, most of which is for infrastructural development. The Board of Commerce works extensively to provide ease of transition for foreign businesses into the Protectorate.

Cadenza has long held a position of prominence on west Astyrian trade routes, despite its small size, and possesses one of the most international economies in the region. It has in recent years pursued policies of further openness in its trade, starkly contrasting with the situation in Trellin, the isolationist nation which is its protector, and continues to draw in major businesses from around the world. The Protectorate holds a unique position in Astyria, with a long and rich history at the centre of west Astyrian trade, and the perspectives it has gained on regional economics are certainly valuable. It holds highly the Council's ideals of prosperity and has been one of the main proponents of an end to Trellinese isolationism in the interests of regional trade.

1. [ viewtopic.php?f=4&t=219110 ]
2. [ viewtopic.php?f=31&t=204240 ]
3. [ viewtopic.php?f=25&t=184042 ]
4. [ viewtopic.php?f=5&t=271242 ]
5. [ viewtopic.php?f=5&t=164201 ]

Terms of Agreement:

Lexmark
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lexmark » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:52 pm

The E10 Council of Nations would like to formally welcome Image the Incorporated States of the Blackhelm Confederacy, Image the Constitutional Monarchy of Aquitayne, Image the Asian Federation of Nations, and Image the Protectorate of Cadenza as Council states. Full rights and privileges have presently been conferred to the sitting representatives of your sovereign states. We congratulate you on your admission to the E10 Council of Nations, and do greatly look forward to working directly with you and the people of your nations towards bettering the lives of all Asytrians. Welcome, Council States of the E10 organization!
C
R
U
C
I
S
V
A
L
L
E

Nikolia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 23, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nikolia » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:14 pm

Уједињена Православна Краљевина Николија
Министарство Иностраних Послова

To: E-10 Council of Nations
Subject: Application for membership

To whom it may concern,
Greetings from the government of United Orthodox Kingdom of Nikolia. Our government, with all his blessings and support of His Royal Majesty, The King, is strongly interested in joining this economical alliance. With our nation being one of biggest and with one of strongest economies in Astyria, we think that our nation should be in Concil of 10 nations with rest of the respective economical powers in our region. Joining this alliance, we will fight for further advancement and streight of economy in our region, as well as bringing new technologies in our world wide known industry. With your acceptance of our application which may be find bellow, you can only improve work of this alliance, as well as economy of whole region.

Most sincerely, yours

-Ser Aleksandar Nikolic
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the United Kingdom of Nikolia

[x] Yes, my nation resides in Astyria

Nation's Full (IC) Name: The United Orthodox Kingdom of Nikolia
Nation's Head of State: King Petar XVIII
Nation's Type of Government: Semi-Apsolute Monarchy
Nation's Total Population: 1.6 bilion

[ Economy in Nikolia is mainly pro-business orientated, with many privately owned companies. Economy is well developed, with agriculture as major industry. Largest export is corn, wheat and fish. ]

[ We think that, as we having one of biggest economies in region, we are perfect candidate for Concil member ]

1. [ viewtopic.php?f=4&t=232681 ]
2. [ viewtopic.php?f=5&t=254815 ]
3. [ viewtopic.php?f=5&t=254194 ]

Terms of Agreement:

[x] Yes, we agree to abide by these terms.

Lexmark
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lexmark » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:16 pm

The E10 Council of Nations would like to formally welcome Image the United Orthodox Kingdom of Nikolia as a Council state. Full rights and privileges have presently been conferred to the sitting representative of your sovereign state. We congratulate you on your admission to the E10 Council of Nations, and do greatly look forward to working directly with you and the people of your nations towards bettering the lives of all Asytrians. Welcome, Council State of the E10 organization!
C
R
U
C
I
S
V
A
L
L
E

Lexmark
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lexmark » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:23 pm

Important Roleplay Link: Eximius Decem: The First E10 Summit

So, I wanted to go ahead and get the framework for our first roleplay up, so that we could begin planning out some of the finer details for our organization. As you know, Astyria is especially active right now and really open to a lot of cool things, so this is a wonderful chance to really help contribute more to the regional narrative that is already being established. Because of the general desire to help create something that will become a major regional staple, this first summit meeting will be open to all members of Astyria, along with those who gain permission from other regions or groups. Yet the main focus will be on the E10 Council itself.

The roleplay concept is pretty straightforward: a summit meeting has been called to help formally ring in the creation of the E10 Council of Nations, bringing with it the opportunity to allow Astyrian nations taking part in the summit to begin creating the framework that will define our economic organization moving forward. The location in Valle Crucis will be given more depth and description over the next few days; for now, as an introduction post, you could simply introduce your major characters that will be involved in the RP in their native settings while we buy time for a few more participants to submit their applications to the Council alliance itself. And if you have any questions on RP topics, or would like to discuss other affairs, please let us know!
C
R
U
C
I
S
V
A
L
L
E

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:07 am

To the esteemed members and organizers of the E10 Council of Nations,

After much deliberation and debate, along with a vote in the Federal Assembly and Council, The Confederacy has decided that it would be best to join this organization and hopefully gain a Council seat. We have a very large, successful corporate sector, but as with many democratic nations of Astyria, we feel that we balance that well with the welfare of our citizens, as well as trying to benefit the region around us. We would like to be part of a greater group that is making a concerted, organized effort to do the same and use our influence, both within and outside the region, in order to aid in this.
Thank you for considering our application.

Sincerely,

Gianni Rigolberto, Minister of Finance, The Confederacy of Neu Engollon

Nation's Full (IC) Name: The Confederacy of Neu Engollon
Nation's Head of Government: (Our Head of State, President Kriegman, is in a position more ceremonial in nature.) Federal Council President Simonetta Alainsburg
Nation's Type of Government: Democratic Confederation
Nation's Total Population: 65 Million

We have a very healthy economic system in which our commercial and industrial sectors are allowed to flourish. The government rarely steps in to regulate, except in times of great distress in the economy, which hasn't happened in a long time, or when a company fails to regulate themselves with a decent degree of integrity.

We have a very large, successful corporate sector, but as with many democratic nations of Astyria, we feel that we balance that well with the welfare of our citizens, as well as trying to benefit the region around us. We would like to be part of a greater group that is making a concerted, organized effort to do the same and use our influence, both within and outside the region, in order to aid in improving economic conditions for the Astyrian region

1. The most recent Alpen View Beer Festival
2. A Dominion Crumbles
3. Weaving the Web: Astyrian Intrigue RP
4. The Battle of Crescent Bay
5. Spy vs PMC

Terms of Agreement:

TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Lexmark
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lexmark » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:04 am

The E10 Council of Nations would like to formally welcome Image the Confederacy of Neu Engollon as a Council state. Full rights and privileges have presently been conferred to the sitting representative of your sovereign state. We congratulate you on your admission to the E10 Council of Nations, and do greatly look forward to working directly with you and the people of your nations towards bettering the lives of all Asytrians. Welcome, Council State of the E10 organization!
C
R
U
C
I
S
V
A
L
L
E

GHawkins
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby GHawkins » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:18 am

To: E-10 Council of Nations
From: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, GHawkins City, Republic of GHawkins
Encryption: Open communique

To whom it may concern,

We have decided to approach you to offer our participation to the E-10 Council of Nations. Ever since it has been brought to our attention, we have applauded the initiative and are willing to do more than just watch and cheer for it.

We hope that you will accept our request for a seat to the council, as we hope to achieve the goals the E-10 has set for itself and contribute to the greater good, the prosperity of the region we are a part of.

Attached to this message you will find the application the E-10 required to fill out for prospective members. We hope it is deemed satisfactory for entry to the council. In advance, I'd like to thank you for considering our application.

Sincerely yours,
James White,
Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Republic of GHawkins

[ X] Yes, my nation resides in Astyria

Nation's Full (IC) Name: The Republic of GHawkins
Nation's Head of State: President Galen Howard
Nation's Type of Government: Republic
Nation's Total Population: 964 million

1. Please briefly describe the economic system in your country.
The GHawkins economy is made up of both private and state owned corporations, upholding the principle of a free but somewhat controlled market, primarily aimed at the information technology. GHawkins is always on the frontier in regards to the development, expansion, improvement and export of technology and thus a large part of its economic infrastructure is constructed upon it. The primary sector has therefore also evolved into a technology rich environment, although not large enough to sustain the entire population, it is able to compete on the world market. The secondary sector however can not compete with the rest of the world because of the high salaries. This goes for the manufacturing of basic articles for unskilled labour. The high tech industry however is top-notch and surely able to compete.

GHawkins is one of the largest and, both politically and economically, most influential nations within Astyria. GHawkins maintains diplomatic contacts with many nations through the ATO (Astyrian Treaty Organization) and outside of that. This makes GHawkins a perfect candidate for a seat on the council. GHawkins would also like to expand its economic involvement in and with the region, considering that on all fronts of involvement the latter has always been lacking somewhat behind on the political side.

1. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=236376&p=13957742#p13957742
2. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=271242&p=17671721#p17671721
3. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=271242&p=17938181#p17938181

Terms of Agreement:

[X ] Yes, we agree to abide by these terms.

Lexmark
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lexmark » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:37 am

The E10 Council of Nations would like to formally welcome Image the Republic of GHawkins as a Council state. Full rights and privileges have presently been conferred to the sitting representative of your sovereign state. We congratulate you on your admission to the E10 Council of Nations, and do greatly look forward to working directly with you and the people of your nations towards bettering the lives of all Asytrians. Welcome, Council State of the E10 organization!
C
R
U
C
I
S
V
A
L
L
E

Gaveria
Envoy

Founded: Mar 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveria » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:27 pm

[*] Yes, my nation resides in Astyria

Nation's Full (IC) Name: Allied States of Aurelia
Nation's Head of State:President John Marshall
Nation's Type of Government:Liberal Representative Federal Democracy
Nation's Total Population:300 million(approx)

[ Aurelia follows the American model of free market capitalism which consists of a large private sector championed by firms owned either wholely or partially by private citizens. The private sector operates in opposition, cooperation and without the public sector. ]

[ Aurelia is a leading economic power regionally and globally as well as a pioneer of technology, healthcare and banking services.]

1. [ http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=252816 ]
2. [ http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=240609 ]
3. [ http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=241863 ]
4. [ Insert Roleplay URL Here — Optional ]

Terms of Agreement:

[*] Yes, we agree to abide by these terms.
Last edited by Gaveria on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The official IC name is the Allied States of Aurelia
Federal Archives| Characters| Allied States Defense Force| Department of State| Map| ICE| Allied Press
I'll take a dry vodka martini, stirred not shaken. And the names' Frost, Jack Frost.
Big bad mod huffed, and they puffed and they warned me!

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:16 pm

To whom it may concern,
We in the Kingdom of Costa de Ouro, having recently joined the region of Astyria, are looking to be more economically connected with other nations in our great region. After consultation with my Cabinet and the leaders of our fine nation, we have decided to apply for membership in your esteemed organization. We believe that membership will bring benefits both to your organization and our nation. As such, please find our application for membership enclosed below.
Regards,
King Pedro
King of Costa de Ouro

Nation's Full (IC) Name: The Kingdom of Costa de Ouro
Nation's Head of State: King Pedro
Nation's Type of Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Nation's Total Population: 8,210,415

The economic system of Costa de Ouro is capitalist, with the Crown maintaining an investment account for the purposes of investment for the future. This is not a state controlled account, rather the property of the House of Silva. We strive to keep tax rates high enough to keep social policies running, but also low enough to attract foreign businesses, which will help contribute to the economy. Therefore we have moderate tax rates and a friendly business climate. Some businesses are state operated to help ensure competition, but most of the economy is contributed to by the private sector.

Costa de Ouro offers a friendly climate for business as well as a centrally located position in the Mar Solidao, connecting it to many nations that border the aforementioned sea. We offer several multinational companies that would contribute to the worldwide economy as well as a very democratic state within the confines of a constitutional monarchy. Costa de Ouro is an example of a state that will keep generating economic growth with Council membership.

1. [ viewtopic.php?f=4&t=278291#p18255313 ]
2. [ viewtopic.php?f=7&t=260225&p=16462855&hilit=Ceni#p16462855 ]
3. [ viewtopic.php?f=7&t=272732&p=18207899&hilit=Ceni#p18207899 ]

Terms of Agreement:

Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A proud member of the Astyria region
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:40 pm

To whom it may concern.

On behalf of the People and the president of the Aurora Confederacy, The ministry of trade and industry under Martina Promura does hereby send an application in order to be considered for a seat within the E10 organisation within Astyria. We believe that our economy and financial status would be of great benefit to the organisation hereby named as E10.

Enclosed within is a formal application to hereby join the E10 organisation.

Yours with kind regards
Martine Promura,
Ministry of Trade and industry

Nation's Full (IC) Name: Mercantile Federal Republic of the Aurora Confederacy
Nation's Head of State: Zafferana Promura
Nation's Type of Government: Civic Forum democratic system
Nation's Total Population: 8,768,988 (as of 2011 census)

[Private enterprise free market economy with large state run businesses vyying for the marketplace, competition however is regulated to ensure consumer rights and protection laws are upheld. Utilities however are fully nationalised because of their civil importance]

The Mercantile Federal Republic of the Aurora Confederacy has its roots in international trade, and as such believes in free economic trade between nations without the need to apply protectionist taxation of other states.

1. Barentsburg
2. Alex Mielowski at Astyrecon
3. Hai'lu'kai interchange (Astyrail)
4. Diamond Star storefront
5. Portaloo hire storefront

Terms of Agreement:

Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Lexmark
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lexmark » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:04 pm

The E10 Council of Nations would like to formally welcome Image the Mercantile Federal Republic of the Aurora Confederacy as a Council state. Full rights and privileges have presently been conferred to the sitting representative of your sovereign state. We congratulate you on your admission to the E10 Council of Nations, and do greatly look forward to working directly with you and the people of your nations towards bettering the lives of all Asytrians. Welcome, Council State of the E10 organization!

As you can discern now from our roster page, through the return of invitees and their applications (one still outstanding as of this evening, January 23rd), the E10 Council of Nations has reached its tenth council state with the acceptance of the Aurora Confederacy. With two remaining applications still outstanding, one could question what will become of those who have yet to receive official word on their applications. There are several options to consider...

ImageImage

The first option is to become part of the executive subcommittees that are developing to handle specific economic discussion points. These subcommittees, considered extensions of the E10 Council of Nations rather than independent organizations, would have a major degree of autonomy to discuss affairs and negotiate economic arrangements while also partnering with the E10 Council to create provisions and recommendations pursuant to that council's area of expertise. There are two subcommittees that have been formed as of Thursday, January 23rd: the D5 Developing States' Council, and the T5 Council on Trade Relations. All three councils—E10, D5, and T5—would be staffed by wholly unique members to those councils, though membership transference could be arranged through special means as yet to be determined. What's more, each council would have its own internal leadership and mechanisms for voting, but would work closely with one another in the framework of the original E10 Charter.

The T5 Council on Trade Relations would be a committee geared explicitly towards the examination of trade law, the policy of trade zones and the question of free trade altogether. It will focus on issues regarding maritime shipping rights, and the free flow of goods through customs agencies. Conversely, the D5 Developing States' Council is designed to produce working answers to the problems faced by developing economies, including models of taxation on corporate interests, the necessity of trade imbalances and foreign market acquisitions, and the prevalence of government intervention to help direct and guide developing economies.

These are two options currently on the table for applicants preparing to apply in the following days, or to those who have already applied. The final option, sans not participating at all, is to request admission to the E10 Council of Nations as a non-voting member. As a representative of Astyria, your nation can request (and be given) voting privileges on specific issues. However, without this authority, your nation would be restricted to discussing matters and participating in E10-sponsored roleplays, not voting. If either of these three options work for you, please be sure to let us know via telegram or in your application, so that we can begin creating our dedicated group!

OOC Addendum to Add: If you, as a current member of the E10 Council of Nations, would like to serve as the headquarters of the T5 Council on Trade Relations or the D5 Developing States' Council, you may submit a bid to do so through this thread, via IRC in #Astyria on Esper, or via telegram to Lexmark. Bids shall be considered canon / IC, and will be used ICly to 'fund' the E10 Council apparatuses. The bidding period will be open until Thursday, January 30th, 2013 C.E. at 11:00 PM Eastern Time.
Last edited by Lexmark on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
C
R
U
C
I
S
V
A
L
L
E

Lexmark
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lexmark » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:05 pm

The E10 Council of Nations would like to formally welcome Image the Allied States of Aurelia to the T5 Council on Trade Relations, and Image the Kingdom of Costa de Ouro to the D5 Developing States' Council. Full rights and privileges have presently been conferred to the sitting representatives of your sovereign states through these councils. We congratulate you on your admission to these committees, and do greatly look forward to working directly with you and the people of your nations towards bettering the lives of all Asytrians. Welcome, members of the E10 organization!
C
R
U
C
I
S
V
A
L
L
E

Agrincourt
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agrincourt » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:48 am

Royal Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Nation's Full (IC) Name: Th Noble Kingdom of Agrincourt / Nobilis Regnum Agrincourtum
Nation's Head of State: King Windsor III Augustus
Nation's Total Population: 98,350,000

The economy of Agrincourt operates on a mixed economy, with elements of socialism and economic democracy. The country is heavily urbanised, which means that a lot of its citizens work in engineering, manufacturing and service industries. In addition to this, there is a lot of fertile land, which makes the agriculture sector very important. Its industries are highly diversified. They range from lumber, mining, agriculture to chemicals, electronics, and technology. The GDP of the country is £2.556 trillion (NS$4.47). Its vast economy and infrastucture is powered mostly by renewable resources.

The economy of Agrincourt is vast and heavily diversified. It acts as a gateway of sorts, between the East and the West. Its strategic location on the Mare Ferum allows it to export a large quantity of goods to a large amount of customers and nations. The Kingdom of Agrincourt is very much so a nation that values economical development all over Astyria, and sees that, in order to sustain itself, it needs to work alongside the international community.

1. Astyrian Intrigue
2. Evarii
3. Conflict Minerals

Terms of Agreement:

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011

Postby Aquitayne » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:07 pm

[OOC]: Are we still on for the summit, guys? C'mon, get posting!
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Lexmark
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lexmark » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:05 am

Aquitayne wrote:[OOC]: Are we still on for the summit, guys? C'mon, get posting!

Yep, I'm hopeful that we'll have more participation in the coming week. As such, I'm working on a concept that could be useful for us moving forward, but it needs a bit more TLC first before I open up the floor for discussion here.
C
R
U
C
I
S
V
A
L
L
E

Lexmark
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lexmark » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:06 am

Agrincourt wrote:

(Image)

Nation's Full (IC) Name: Th Noble Kingdom of Agrincourt / Nobilis Regnum Agrincourtum

The economy of Agrincourt operates on a mixed economy, with elements of socialism and economic democracy. The country is heavily urbanised, which means that a lot of its citizens work in engineering, manufacturing and service industries. In addition to this, there is a lot of fertile land, which makes the agriculture sector very important. Its industries are highly diversified. They range from lumber, mining, agriculture to chemicals, electronics, and technology. The GDP of the country is £2.556 trillion (NS$4.47). Its vast economy and infrastucture is powered mostly by renewable resources.

The economy of Agrincourt is vast and heavily diversified. It acts as a gateway of sorts, between the East and the West. Its strategic location on the Mare Ferum allows it to export a large quantity of goods to a large amount of customers and nations. The Kingdom of Agrincourt is very much so a nation that values economical development all over Astyria, and sees that, in order to sustain itself, it needs to work alongside the international community.

1. Astyrian Intrigue
2. Evarii
3. Conflict Minerals

Terms of Agreement:

[OOC] - Which council are you looking to join, D5 or T5? Or were you wanting to be a non-voting member of the E10?
C
R
U
C
I
S
V
A
L
L
E

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:31 am

Aquitayne wrote:[OOC]: Are we still on for the summit, guys? C'mon, get posting!

Big apologies. I hope to get to that in the next couple days. I have it bookmarked.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Agrincourt
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agrincourt » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:45 am

Lexmark wrote:
Agrincourt wrote:

(Image)

1. Astyrian Intrigue
2. Evarii
3. Conflict Minerals

Terms of Agreement:

[OOC] - Which council are you looking to join, D5 or T5? Or were you wanting to be a non-voting member of the E10?

That would be T5.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents