NATION

PASSWORD

Where's the Cannon? (Darklands Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Sovietyeto
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Where's the Cannon? (Darklands Only)

Postby The Sovietyeto » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:08 pm

APPROVED PROPOSAL

Yes, I do think you have some points there, Prizyetsa. First off, I'm really happy there are only a few problems with this. That will make it easier to compromise on them. Also, thank you for taking the time to read that, I monks it was a bit long.

To awnser your first question the Communist party is the only party, but I did this after a lot of thought. I didn't want a lot of big parties all competing, that doesn't work well (see American 2 Party System). I didn't want one party and that was the only platform available though either. I decided to make the party less of a political player and more as a group to express and report on the wills of the people. I will also have it serve as a watchdog group to call out the government on unpopular actions and such. So yes, the Communist Party is the one and only party, but I make it so that it's not the one pulling all the strings. In this fashion it's both more Communist, and Democratic.

Speaking on the topic of the Scandinavian States now I hope that I won't have to compromise on you with this one, I can however offer some reasoning to make this all more realistic for them to join at this stage. Primarily this is beacuae the DSP is perceived as venerable at the moment. A failed coup has just occurred (see DSP calling off the civil war) and as such the DSP is not regarded as a huge potential for conflict of a military matter; I'm certain DSP will agree with me I this. He won't be running around invading left and right.

The Scandinavian States have also joined due to the new streamlined democracy component I've added to my nation's political system. They have also joined for cultural similarity (or at least compatability) as well as economic necessity. After the collapse of Kaligula they are cut off from vital supplies; farmland isn't all that plentiful up there. Well, not for plants anyway. Good fishing and good cattle grounds. By joining the Union they can get those things they need, but still retain influence using the new democratic Communism I have. It's a bit like Texas (separated and became part of the US willing) and the Mexican-American War, or Ukraine under Nazi Germany (turns out there were worse people than Stalin). Probably not the best comparisons, but they come to mind.

As for Industry I agree with you. It may be a bit much a bit soon. I will change that from "at" or "surpassing" pre war levels to "50%" or "70%" pre war levels. A bit unrealistic? Yes, but we aren't all about realism, we need to balance it all with having fun and keeping ourselves active too. As you brought up infrastructure I can see how this is confusing. By bare minimum I meant railroads, ports, some large roads, ect. The things meant to carry industrial goods and raw materials around, but not for moving people. It's all built for industry so far, and that's going to continue to be built, but I am also starting to look at infrastructure for civilians now as well.

If this clears anything up, or if you still have some questions the do respond as soon as is convenient for you. I have made the following changes:

5 years from now the Sovietyeto has achieved the ambitious five year plan set by Kuryak Poletski. This has, however, come at the cost of the neglect of the Soviet Military. The military is little more than a rag tag group of volunteers. This, along with Poletski's 'New Communism' has instituted a more democratic government (but still Communust) with the Premier and members of the Soviet Congress being elected by the people of the Union, has caused government hardliners to oppose Kuryak every step of the way.

The Premier has also manage to unite the Soviet States of Central Russia, Northern Russia, Siberia, Southern Russia, East Ukraine, West Ukraine, and the Kapkaz. Finland, Sweden, and Norway have also joined the Union; weary and in need after the collapse of their Kalligulan occupiers. A move also influenced by the currently minimalist military, and Kuryak's 'New Communism'.

However Iran has refused to join. While the decision has been accepted this has split Iranians into factions of how the nation should handle itself. In the Northwest, near the Kapkaz and east of the Great Persian River, most have aligned themselves to separate from Iran and join the Soviet Union. All of the nation of Iran east of the Great Persian River a group of rabble rousers has risen up. The group calls itself the 'Great Lion' and has based itself around Fascism. While others wish for peace, many fear that civil war may ensue.

In other diplomatic happening the Sovietyeto has been actively trying to court Prizyetsa and Kauvara: The Soviet Premier has stated his intention to visit with both leaders of said nations to discuss matters "domestic, international, scientific, economic, and military. They are of the greatest importance to the peoples of the world. I urge these leaders to come to Moscow an the New Kremlin as soon as possible."

Overview of Events:

Soviets Achieve Their 5-Year Plan
+Soviet Industry is on the rise; about 50% pre war levels. Moscow Industrial Complex nears completion.
+Soviet Agriculture has greatly increased; about 70% pre war levels.
+Raw Material Production has increased; about 50% pre war levels.
-Soviet Infrastructure is at the bare minimum (industrial use) ; is being focused on in Kuryak's new five year plan.
-The Soviet Military has been greatly neglected; no current plans.
-Civil Buildings are inadequate outside of Central Russia, East Ukraine, West Ukraine, and Northern Russia; is being focused on in Kuryak's new five year plan.
-Government Hardliners are opposing Kuryak.

Iran is on the brink of a Civil War
+One group wants to split away and join the USSR
-The other group wishes to establish a fascist dictatorship
-Global Oil prices could skyrocket if such an event were to occur. This would benefit producers (Armedland, Russia, and Prizyetsa), but hurt consumers (DSP, Isolated China, Kauvara).
-Russia could not quickly or effectively intervene militarily due to its neglected military.

Kuryak Poletski has invited the leaders of Prizyetsa and Kauvara to come to the New Kremlin in Moscow
+Potential to strengthen ties and relations between the three nations.
+Possible discussions over a coarse of action to be taken on Iran's looming civil war.
-Entirely dependent on the cooperation of Prizyetsa and Kauvara.

I just copy pasted this part and made the required changes, forgive me if I missed something.

Kuryak sat on the bench in the Moscow International Airport. Dressed as usual in his coat, peaked cap, and pins. His amber eyes boring through the glass looking at the runway. The invitations sent to both Kauvara and Prizyetsa had both been accepted. This news had been most pleasuring. All the more so due to the urgency of the current situation in Iran. In the northwestern quadrant a large majority of the population wished to join the USSR, but on the eastern part of Iran, the part east of the river, a party of rabble rousers wished to form a fascist dictatorship. The remaining quadrant hoped for peace, but without international action there would be a civil war for control of the fate of the country. Personally Kuryak wanted to split the country up according to the popular will of the people. The northwest quarter of Iran would become Iran SSR, a part of the Soviet Union. The land west of the river would be given to the fascists to do what they would with it, and the southwestern portion left would remain in the current status quo of governing. Those people that wished to move between the to-be-divided sections could do so until the borders were finalized and enforced. This of coarse would be what Kuryak would be debating with the other world leaders.

The Leader of Kauvara would be here any moment now. Down the hallway sandwiched between the two glass plate walls, out the ornate, but modern doors to the Moscow International Airport, a kilometer on the many roads, railways, and subways and monorails that ran both above and below the earth. The the Kauvaran Emporer would be greeted into the New Kremlin; the epitome of the new style of Soviet architecture. The Moscow Industrial Complex was also nearing completion after 5 years of construction and tooling. It was not only to play on the home turf, but to also show off the enormous success the Motherland had in the previous 5-year plan. Agriculture had increased to 70% pre war levels while both raw material and industrial production had reached the 50% mark. Even better, the Sovietyeto was at the start of a major period of change and reform for the better. Kuryak Poletski's "New Communism" had created a more democratic system in which the government was elected (but forever and always Communist), technology was poised to advance by leaps and bounds (production and tech in exchange for the lack of military development), and Kuryak had become a very popular public figure. This made it very easy to move in the direction Kuryak wanted to move, but government hardliners had began to oppose Kuryak. Kuryak had called them out on their "Stalinism", but the oncoming storm had only just begun.

"Ah, but here were are now! The Emperor of Kauvara!" exclaimed Kuryak.

OOC: A short opening to our little thread... Sorry... TG me for questions about Moscow, its buildings, people, monuments, infrastructure, ect. But please, don't ask questions that are really super long.
Last edited by The Sovietyeto on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kauvara
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Kauvara » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:39 pm

Time heals all wounds, as the old saying goes. The war had ended some time ago, the Kauvarans having only a strong presence in Moscow now. The CDSP was recovering from internal strife, having gouged the self-inflicted wound of civil war. The Chinese had gone dark, although that was nothing new. Solgardt had vanished into its tundra, with Kauvaran scouting teams picking through their sealed ruins. The Kaligulans had suffered the worst, the medieval plague having returned and striking them hard, with the Coalition sanctioning and quarantining their island. The Sovietyeto had learned its lesson, and was moving in a new direction. The world waited with baited breath to see which would be the next flashpoint. However, for now, the fevered dream of madmen seemed to becoming reality.

Peace had come to the Darklands.

For its part, Kauvara was still doing battle with its own ecology. Every day, thousands went to war against beasts and creatures more terrifying than any imagination. The Imperial Kauvaran Guardian Regiments were stretched to their limit protecting the cities, having given up the highways and magrails. The only way to get between the citystates anymore was via expensive airship. Fyrto had taken advantage of this fact, and the Fyrto Guardian Regiment (FGR) was taking heavy casualties with only light reinforcements from the other IKGRs due to having their own monstrous problems.

Speaking of the Kauvarans, a large airship pierced the clouds, descending towards the runway below. It was an elegant ship, likely around five hundred feet in length, painted in stark black with highlights of blue and white. An ornate silver prowpiece of Vulpes Ultima was inlaid on the prow of the vessel, with Kauvaran blue banners hanging around it, as well as the banner of Vulpes and of Emperor Or'yan. Slowly, the large ship made landfall, searchlights pinging around it to help her crew bring her down safely. With a gentle thud and a whining of hydraulic legs, the ship landed, a number of IX LEGION SOVIETYETUM occupation soldiers assembling around it. A stream of blue light flickered to life, leading from the door to the ground.

Immediately, a dozen soldiers rushed down it, each bearing the insignia of I LEGION HONORIUS. They snapped to attention in a line, looking straight ahead. Following them was an old but hardened man in an old Vulpesian Rex Centuria's (OOC: equivalent of General) uniform from the 1940s, back when Vulpes was attempting to unify Kauvara under the Pax Crusadum. His nameband read "G.KAUVUS", indicating that he was the war hero for which Kauvara was named, the venerable Gaius Kauvus. And, of course, wherever he went, Emperor Aleksandr Or'yan was sure to follow. Follow he did, his vestments sweeping in the slightly chilled Moscow winter. The pair made their way down the gangplank of light, before it flickered off. He assumed that Kuryak Poletski would be inside, and awaited the man, as well as his colleague from Prizyetsa, and finally the Kauvaran ambassador to the Sovietyeto.

We're a PMT/FT nation of humans. That's right, just humans. Not psychic supermen, nor crazy cyborgs, nor massive mutants. Just normal human homo sapiens trying to make our way in this insane galaxy full of wonders, horrors, and everything in between.

The Sovietyeto
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sovietyeto » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:40 pm

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Ozymandias - Percy Bysshe Shelley

Emperor Or'yan's robes swept into the Moscow International Airport. The only thing redder than those robes was the crimson flags flying in, at, and across Moscow. The Moscow International Airport was massive. Far larger than any one of the massive next five airports to be built in Moscow alone. The maglev trains that ran underneath the loamy, rich soil of Moscow and snaked around and through skyscrapers and monumental skeletons of buildings under construction. Those lines were to be extended from Moscow, to Kiln, Smolensk, Nizhniy Novgorod, and Kursk. From there they would stretch across the nation with more railroad mileage than any other nation.

Infrastructure and civil building were the main focus of the current five year plan. Ports, airports, roads, railroads, highways for transportation. The electrical and water grid would be advanced and extended. This grid had recently been termed the 'Smart Grid' due to the semi-automated nature of the system. A similar system was in place for other utilities.

The system would utilize centers in the major cities with computers that would network and share data on electrical power production and consumption and distribute or store it as it saw fit. If a line went down, it would reroute the power across the grid and shut down the power to the line. Real time usage data could be collected and analyzed. The staff could maintain and oversee the grid and ensure its operation was both continuous and efficient. This was one of the many modern parts of the Soviet Infrastructure.

Moscow

For communication the entire system was to be reworked. Fiber optic cable were being laid down across the country. Government servers were to go up this week, and their hardware was housed in another building in Moscow. However, lines to other countries had not yet been laid under the oceans to connect the Soviet Union to the World Wide Web. Cell towers were raised up for the communications dishes to cover them and turn them into suckers on the metal octopus tentacles that stood erect. More recently the Soviet Space Agency had been organized and its staff selected. The Headquarters, R&D Centers, Production, and Launch Facilities were under construction at the moment. Once those were in place the USSR could launch more and better satellites than those already orbiting the Earth. (Other mission were planned to be discussed with Kauvara and Prizyetsa)

To be built along with the railroads and roads were the irrigation systems for farming. Canals and dams were to be built to store and clean water. Some places would have new flood control systems as well. Along the coastlines stations would be built to control the waters. Sea walls, flood gates, breakwaters, and various monitoring stations would be raised up.

On the note of canals and waterways, the major cities followed Moscow in its use of recreational waterways. Moscow had great concrete dips in the land filled with sparkling clean water; clean enough to see the mosaics of Soviet history and culture at the bottom. White pillars rose up from the depths to support bridges that were, or were to be finished. Bridges for the trains and the cars and the trucks and such.

But all of those and more were future plans. Right now the Emperor was here and today would be dedicated to Kuryak showing him the Moscow Industrial Complex. As Or'yan reached the bench where Kuryak was sitting Kuryak stood up. He was somewhat shorter than the tall Emperor, but more intimidating with his amber eyes and military like uniform. "We should be on our way now that your here then." Kuryak observed.

In a few short moments Kuryak, the Interpreter, the General, and the Kauvaran Emperor had slid into the vehicle that would drive them to the complex. Russia was prepared to boast of her progress. Russia almighty, all knowing, all merciful. United forever to stand as the fortress of people. The snow was to fall this week. The canals would have to be drained today...

The black vehicle speed down the road and over the river on the white bridge. The smokestacks, foundries, and roofs of the industrial complex was visible already. It wasn't very far away; and it was impressive large and well designed. Almost 1:00 in Moscow... The factories would have just opened up and began operating... And there it was... The white steam rising and blowing up an away into the blue sky. The ambassador for Kauvara should already be there. But the leader from Prozyetsa had not come yet. Should that be cause for concern?

Prizyetsa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Prizyetsa » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:02 am

It had been five long years. Five years since the Soviet army was routed on Issøy. Five years since the Soviet navy was either decimated, or captured without a fight. Five years since the fires of hell wiped clean the stain on the region that was Sovietyeto. At least that is how Prime Minister Anderson thought about it. He had never liked the Sovietyeto, but then again, he had never liked the idea of communism. He saw it as a disease which allowed power-hungry madmen to come to absolute power at the expense of the average man. So it was in the Nordlanda province of Prizyetsa, and so he saw it elsewhere.

The string of bombings that rocked his childhood were still with him every moment of every day. He had seen the fires of "revolution" first hand, and he had suffered like so many others affected by the Northern Insurrection. Instead of "liberating" Nordlanda, the communists had torn it apart, killing hundreds, if not thousands, and turned what was once the industrial heartland of the country into a bled out and abandoned shell of what it once was. Under Falasaamii, it had seem some effort at revival, but the local party refused aid, saying that the people would have bring themselves to glory through hard work and determination. The words echoed throughout the province until he silenced them and restored law and order shortly after the Napadania conflict. It had become a sort of personal mission to rid others of the blight that he saw in communism, and Sovietyeto was no different in his mind. The people of the Sovietyeto had suffered enough over the last decade, and the countless dead after the nuclear strikes only reinforced the idea in his mind that something had to change.

And so, he got his chance. Falasaamii had left him a golden opportunity to change things, and he took it and embraced it with all his power. The occupation of the Far East of Sovietyeto would give him a chance to covertly undermine the power of Moscow. If he set up a fully autonomous provincial government, and stimulated the economy to the point that it became an economic power-house, he could show the people that there were other ways to run a nation aside from communism, the only system that people there had ever known. The first steps were easy. Securing and rebuilding the center of the city went quickly. Next was teaching locals about self-governance. Members of the newly formed parties were sent to Prizyetsi universities to learn about political theory, and returned and taught the people the different ways which they could run themselves. After this, an assembly was created in the newly constructed Far East Autonomous Region Assembly (FEARA), and the old party buildings were torn down and replaced with business centers and a small university of applied sciences. Next, the education system was approached and reformed. Instead of the education being centered around the Sovietyeto, children were taught English, and about their own "nation" as they now called the province. It wasn't long before soldiers and civilians could simply talk to one another on the streets, and dispel the propaganda which had been spread throughout the war. Naturally, "hearts and minds" was at the center of the campaign, but it didn't matter, the Far East Autonomous Region was developing on its own at this point, with minimal input from Prizyetsa. Naturally, infrastructure had to put in place, and a consortium of several companies was set up to tackle this issue. A rail system was put in place using Prizyetsi gauge, which was chosen for the highly advanced rail tech that was in use in Prizyetsa already. It added the bonus of not allowing any goods to enter from the Sovietyeto without them paying tariffs, which was a nice bonus. Prizyetsi investment also propelled the region's development further as shipping took a hold of the region and tourism lines were established which greatly benefited both the region and Prizyetsa, as well as Isochi indirectly. The Far East was developing well, thought Anderson.

Anderson received the formal invitation in his office. After quickly reading over it, he put it to the side and finished the infrastructure upgrade plans that he had been working on with his party. After that task had been finished, he finally took the time to properly read it. He called in several of his advisers to discuss whether or not to go, and what the point would even be, but eventually it was agreed that it would be in Prizyetsa's interest to go although Anderson himself wasn't too interested. If it was up to him, he'd send some civil servant from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to go in his stead, but if the Kauvaran emperor was going, he felt he had little choice but to go himself.

And so, he got his things together, and a small security detail and left for the capital's airport, where he got on a government jet and left. The journey would take eight hours in the near supersonic jet, but there's wasn't really a cost effective alternative (as much as he would love to take one of the newly developed frigates which sat waiting in orbit). Either way, he would probably sleep the whole way, as he didn't seem to be too worried about the meeting as he didn't think it would last very long. Meetings between the PRizyetsi and the Soviets never did.

As the plane touched down on the runway, Anderson woke up and looked out the window. In the distance, lay a city under construction. He shook his head. Through the other window we saw one of Kauvara's airships, and let out a sigh of relief. At least there was someone to talk to, he thought. The aircraft taxied its way to a hangar and powered down. The pilots and a small security detail would stay with the plane, on his orders. The other security detail would be with him. Even though he was on official business here, he still didn't trust the Soviets. He left the plain, followed by his Naval Infantry guard detail and walked toward emperor Or'yan.

Kauvara
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Kauvara » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:15 pm

For most nations, the arrival of a leader was not expected. It was a difficult maneuver, one that required finesse and tact, especially with a quasi-religious borderline monarchy like Kauvara. As its civil unrest dragged on, more and more power was being taken from the Senate, and being centralized on the Office of the Emperor. Kauvara was becoming less of an limited monarchy, and more of the Imperium it was named for. Ostensibly, it would only be until the crisis was over. However, as it stood, many predicted that Or'yan would retain his powers even if the crisis ended. That being said, however, Kauvara was a young nation. Being born from the crucible of its multi-millennia-long civil war merely sixteen years ago, it was still a foundling nation attempting to find its way. It was this maverick spirit that encouraged the direct involvement of the Emperor. Not only that, but sending the centralized symbol of power away from where it seemed he was taking over everything would hopefully assuage some concerns about the act.

As Kuryak approached him, Or'yan raised an eyebrow. Why was he trying to be so intimidating? Well, it made sense as a political show. He looked over Poletski's shoulder, seeing the IX LEGION SOVIETYETUM flags of the IKGF all over the city. He had to seem like he was all-powerful and tough as a show for his people. Or'yan gave a bemused look to this show of prehistoric power, yet another symbol of a world unenlightened as Kauvara. However, Or'yan could not be too critical. After all, behind him was retired Centurion-Maximus Gaius Kauvus, and an honor guard more akin to the days of the Roman Empire with rifles than an orthodox security force.

Speaking of mixed enlightenment, though, Or'yan looked over his shoulder at an incoming plane. It was Prizyetsi Government, at least its markings were. The craft was escorted by two Kauvaran KF-11s of the occupation forces. Slowly, the aircraft descended, the Kauvaran fighters peeling off and making for some airbase or another. Or'yan had heard that there was a new leader in Prizyetsa after the abdication of Falasaamii, but he had yet to meet the man. Naturally, Kauvara's intelligence services had been building a dossier: nationalist, warlike, born of conflict, but fair and just. He would be an interesting man for the peace like Kauvarans to treat with, if the dossiers were correct. And speak of the Wolf…

Anderson. That was the man's name. He approached the group of Kauvarans and Sovietyetans, the Honor Guardsman gripping their rifles a little less tightly. It was a reassurance to have the Prizyetsi about, after all, especially with their security detail. Although the IKGF ran the city with the IX LEGION, it was still nice to have the Prizyetsi here, especially after that show of intimidation from Kuryak Poletski. Or'yan gave a short bow to Poletski, before turning to Anderson. "Mgstr. Anderson," he began, using the Kauvaran honorific. "It is a pleasure to finally meet you." Behind him, Gaius Kauvus seemed to be staring directly into his soul, sizing him up and passing a million words without saying a single one. "Hopefully we can continue to talk later, but for now we must see what it is that Mgstr. Poletski wishes." He turned, his cape sweeping in the chilled wind near the airport. "Speaking of which," he continued, addressing Poletski himself. "What is the purpose for calling us here?"

We're a PMT/FT nation of humans. That's right, just humans. Not psychic supermen, nor crazy cyborgs, nor massive mutants. Just normal human homo sapiens trying to make our way in this insane galaxy full of wonders, horrors, and everything in between.

The Sovietyeto
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sovietyeto » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:04 am

Kuyak relaxed now that first impressions were over. The glare in his eyes softened and his smile picked up a little bit. "The reason" replied Kuryak "is stopping another war in its cradle. Iran is on the brink of war. Three different factions, you know? Northwest wants to become a Republic of the Sovietyeto, East is full of fascist rabble rousers that want a dictatorship, and the southwest wants peace. I was hoping we could talk about that and settle on a plan to stop a civil war. Personally, I want to split the country up with each part going towards what it wishes. Of coarse, that's not the only reason we want you here. We're going to have elections this coming month and I need to get things moving on an international level. I want your blessings for our 'New Communism' if you would. If you'd rather not that would be fine too. I also wish to show you that we aren't as barbarous as you must think we are. I want to foster relationships with you two. I would also ask that you might join the Economic Federation that we have started; It's an international organization." Kuryak paused, the winter wind blew again, rustling Or'yan's cape as if it were a very large leaf that had managed to escape the winter cold and was now hanging on for dear life itself. There really were a lot of reasons... Kuryak wasn't very confident he was explaining them very well.

The Soviet States had been reunited. People were excited for the New Communism and elections of the Soviet Congress and Premiership. Kuryak was nervous. Government hardliners opposed his New Communism. They didn't want elections. They were not nearly as popular as the candidate that the people had chosen, they didn't want to be ousted. But that would be over soon. Next month the government would truly be operating along the path that Marx and Engels had outlined. His ambitious 5 Year Plan that people had said was impossible had succeeded. Industrial and Raw Mat Production were at 50% pre war level and Agriculture was at 70% pre war level. Another four or five years and they would all be at pre war level, it had been projected that agriculture might even be a little above.

The pride of Soviet Industry was the Moscow Industrial Complex. It had opened only minutes ago. Only just now could you see the white steam billowing up and dispersing into sky. That would be their first stop. "If you're all not too cold I thought we could walk to the Moscow Industrial Complex, it's not very far away." Kuryak pointed everyone in the right direction and everyone began to walk. Things, Kuryak thought, seemed to be off to a good start. If he could befriend Prizyetsa then it would mean an end to the distaste Prizyetsa had for the USSR. If he could befriend Kauvara it would blossom into a mutually beneficial relationship like the one Kauvara had with Prizyetsa. If he could befriend them both... Then that would be by far something he would cherish most. Slowly and somewhat discretely he fell behind from the front, letting Or'yan take the lead on the walk. He fell back to Anderson's side. Not saying anything, just walking alongside him. It didn't matter if Anderson hated him because he wouldn't hate Anderson in return. He would only respond positively, happily, cheerful at the prospect of friendship. Maybe then, Anderson would respond in kind.
Last edited by The Sovietyeto on Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scocialist Provinces
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Scocialist Provinces » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:57 pm

Veronika Yvn, Ditatir of the CDSP
Cape Uriak, Capitol of Norsend
13:57, Local Time

Four and a half years of war. Civil disobedience led to insurgency, insurgency led to rebellion, rebellion led to war. Civil war. The 'Sekyov Technocracy' declared independence, stealing weapons of mass destruction, threatening their use. Small cities and towns became warzones. Using dishonorable tactics, and cruelty beyond comprehension, the Sekyov rebels carved their way into the deepest corners of the CDSP. Just as things couldn't have gotten any worse, a new faction, the Boric Liberation Front, rose up. Unlike their cold counterparts, the Boric claimed lies such as freedom and liberty. The Sekyov were tearing the government apart, and the Boric won the hearts of the people. The CDSPian military, lead by Veronika herself, set out to end the bloodshed. Four excruciatingly long years. The first winter passed. 10 million people, dead. The second winter. 30 million, dead. The third winter, 60 million. And here, at the end of the fourth winter, they lost count. 100 million? 200 million? After the Boric Liberation Front and the Sekyov Technocracy began attacking eachother, nobody was safe.

An estimated one out of nine people in Norsend have died since the start of this war. The city of Veshiv became nothing but a battleground. Every street was filled with bunkers. People associating with each faction took shelter in their respective encampments. Discerning between enemy and civilian was impossible, and often enough, they were one and the same. Cape Uriak and Bossk had it much better off. The war in these two cities was a lot more organized, and a lot less bloody. However, it was no less a warzone. Cape Uriak's three sectors were divided almost perfectly among the three factions, most combat occurring in the form of artillery barrages. The Bossican provincial government almost immediately aligned with the Boric Liberation Front, and the AFNS, the CDSPian infantry segment launched a campaign to reclaim it. The underground city of Ember was the target of strategic bombing by the Sekyov insurgents, and had production reduced by a third over the course of the war. Skaross was captured by the Sekyovs, and did not see much action until it came under siege by the Boric's hired Armedlandican Mercenaries. The city of Arus stayed fairly neutral, but was attacked on several occasions by Soviet terrorists. Nowhere was safe.

However, after these long arduous years, a large scale engagement between Sekyov and Boric forces near the city of Vora have left both factions crippled. The CDSPian military has been actively perusing and eliminating opposing encampments and cells, while restoring the legitimate Norse rule of Veronika Yvn. The war had hit it's climax, and reports of skirmishes and open fighting began to decrease in frequency and size. The Government was winning. Over the past few days, Veshiv had been reclaimed, the Sekyov were pushed out of Skaross and Cape Uriak. The Boric were losing public favor, and the Bossk is nearly taken. The woman behind it these victories, Miss Yvn, did not believe the war was done yet. The Sekyov Technocracy still had infiltrators in the CDSPian government, and the Boric Liberation Front still held Bossk. It may just have been a matter of time before either of the two factions sprung back into power.

Now that Cape Uriak was considered safe, Veronika herself was enjoying the comfort of her office. Her predecessor, Armand Kiriolenko, if remembered for nothing else, was very good at home decoration. Veronika hadn't so much as budged a piece of furniture in the gothic-styled room, the office gave an aura of intimidation fitting of someone such as the Ditatir. Amber lamps above ominous paintings of previous rulers provided the only lighting in the room, aside from an ornate chandelier and some desk lights. Large bookcases reaching three stories in hight, packed to the seams in books. Veronika could only attempt to fathom how much Kiriolenko must have read during his spare time. His reign as Ditatir had been long, after all. Upon crossing this thought, Veronika decided that she would probably want to read as much as he did, knowing that she would have more spare time as the war quieted down.

As she browsed the bookcases for any titles she recognized, Veronika began to wonder about what things would look like if they managed to seize complete victory. There would be plenty of reconstruction programs, especially in Ember. Known rebel leaders will be paraded and executed, as to ensure the people know who've won. The Government will be fully re-instated, and the military will have to lose it's emergency powers. That could be problematic, a coup by Rechunski or one of his subordinates is a danger. Foreign threats are also a problem, especially the Sovietyeto. They stand as a massive political, economic and military obstacle now that their own reconstruction efforts have met fruition. Even worse yet, is the Zephyr Coalition. While the civil war had brought many military reforms and advancements to the CDSP, the Coalition was still leagues ahead in technological superiority. Orbital weaponry, air superiority, rail-based artillery-- Not even the heaviest armor could do much to stop that. Open warfare in this state would be shockingly one-sided. Keeping good relations with both groups could not afford to be missed.

This was not to say that what the CDSP had left was useless. Advanced hydraulics on tank treads allowing for urban armored warfare, improved use of analog V-TOL showing increasing potential, lighter composite body armors that are both more resistant to gunfire and cheaper to produce, and highly sophisticated tactical assessment software, just a few of many small innovations with massive implications. It was then, that Veronika realized, that this civil war was just another example of Norse history repeating itself. Internal conflict gave way to the refinement and sophistication of weaponry and strategy, and then the ruling faction would go on to lead imperial conquests upon the globe. The thought of Veronika leading the CDSP on global conquests brought a smirk to her face, if not a brief one.

Veronika herself was a fairly young woman, roughly 29 years in age. Her rise to power was extremely fast, and she became Ditatir after Armand Kiriolenko's death two months before the rebellions began. She was of a military background, and chose to follow a political career. Very charismatic and brash, she was elected the Member of Parliament for the Northern Veshiv riding at the age of 19. After numerous bills created by Veronika had been passed into laws, she was voted into the Senate and assigned as the Minister of Veshiv Provinca. When the time came, Kiriolenko was fairly certain she was the best option for Ditatir, Veronika's aggressive policies were none to popular with many of the public. While a highly attractive woman, she possesed a very cold, systematic personality that left personal relations exclusively professional.

Just as Veronika spotted a book that she had read before, a loud set of knocks rang through the office. It was War-Captain Koliav Rechunski, he had scheduled a quick meeting rather frantically earlier today. Veronika opened the door for him, and they both shook hands. Koliav was an older man of Arussan decent, requiring a cane to compensate for a prosthetic leg.

"Milady, I bring news of Moscow. Kuryak has arranged a meeting with the Emperor of Kauvara, and the Prizyetsan Premier." Koliav grunted, before letting out a cough.

"No diplomats?" Veronika wondered, very confused. "Take a seat, War-Captain. Tell me everything."

The two walked over to a desk in the center of the room, taking their seats one after the other. Veronika had a deep respect for Rechunski, he was the mastermind behind almost every major operation by the SPSO in the last forty years. It was even fair to say that the Napadenie conflict was won largely due to his intuition, and it was without question that the reason the CDSP won the Invasion of the Sovietyeto was his doing alone.

"The Emperor's airship and it's escorts are arriving as we speak. We don't know where the Premier of Prizyetsa is, but that's not the concern. We believe they may consider us a hostile force, as news of our victories have obviously spread on a global scale. While we're not exactly capable of any international aggression right now, all three of these leaders are farseeing. We are a threat once we finish consolidating our power."

"The war is far from over, Rechunski."

"I'm well aware, but I feel it's safe to say that we're on the victorious end of things."

"I suppose you're right to an extent, but it's still to early to tell for certain."

"Really, now? I have troops cleaning up Bossk as we speak."

"We've finished the siege, eh?"

"The Boric aren't as tough a rock to crack as you think..."

Sergeant Kelijar Nomar, "Viking"
Bossk, Gull District
13:11, Local Time

AFNS Trooper 1: "Hell below, look at the fucking view!"

AFNS Trooper 2: "It's raining artillery! On the bad guys, for once!"

AFNS Trooper 1: "The Siege of Ryazan all over again! Hoorah!"

AFNS Trooper 3: "Just get in the Shark, you fumbling idiots."

AFNS Trooper 2: "Aye-aye, sir."

Soldiers were darting around, left and right. The sound of V-TOL aircraft taking off was almost enough to drown out the sound of artillery shells packed with napalm slam into the ground, only a few blocks away. The explosion of fire consuming skyscrapers was of biblical proportions, but it was nothing new to Sergeant Kelijar. He had witnessed the nuclear strike on Sheval many years ago, and thought nothing of a simple napalm strike. The new recruits were standing in awe with their jaws open, and Kelijar found this somewhat humorous. As the loud cracks of the napalm arrived with the shockwave, the dirt on the ground was swept up into the air, and the soldiers began clearing. That was a platoon of rebels that no longer had to be dealt with.

Sergeant Keljiar Nomar was in charge of a four-man fireteam under Viper Company of the SPSO. His three subordinates were Sub-Sergeant Jaelas Kinak, Private Torsoff Sorvik, and Specialist Sjaela Covarus. Viper Company was operating alongside the 27th and 28th AFNS regiments on the southern flank of the remaining Boric Liberation Front soldiers. They had recently punched through a major defensive line now that the snow had begun to melt. Their six-month campaign for Bossk was finally coming to a close, and with it, the civil war itself. Sergeant Nomar had seen many men perish under his command, so the concept of peace was a welcome thought. The only person who he knew on a personal basis that had so far survived the war was Sub-Sergeant Kinak. Everyone else, he had met during the course of the conflict, or was dead.

At the moment, a large portion of the joint forces on the southern flank were preparing for a combined-arms assault in coordination with the other CDSPian forces in the city. Even the navy was participating. As the situation stood, the Boric Liberation Front was surrounded and entrenched in an old military fortress located downtown. They had previously held the surrounding area with emplacements, but recent events have allowed the CDSPian forces to make several advancements. It was now a matter of taking the fortress, and imprisoning the rebel leaders. Aerial bombings were out of the question, there was too many SHORAD missile setups to make this possible, and the infrastructural damage would be extremely costly.

They would be launching a ground and naval attack, instead.

"Viking! We ready to go?" Specialist Covarus grinned, waving her arms around.

"That depends. Does Kinak have his head out of his ass?" Nomar jeered.

"I dunno." Kinak shrugged. "I haven't checked in a while."

"After he charged at that MG nest back in Skaross, I wouldn't expect him to!" Covarus declared as the group burst into laughter. They were a close group, even the rookie, Private Sorvik. They had all survived the initial assaults, and the battle that broke into Bossk. Survival rates until the end of the war were looking good. Rumors were even circulating that Viper Company was going to be assigned to Arus for covert duties, which almost never involves outright ground wars. As several SH-8RK "Shark" vtol aircraft took turns picking up troops and ferrying them off to the rally point, CZ-6 HBTs could be seen traversing the mud-covered roads at full speed. Another round of artillery barrages could be heard being fired in the distance, and not too long after, their impacts could be seen. Sergeant Nomar and his fireteam got a SH-8RK all to themselves, as they were one of the last units to fly out.

"So, what's it look like down there? Do we know?" Covarus asked, her hair ceasing to blow around in the wind, as she put her helmet on.

"Roughly 10,000 of the BLF's finest holed up in Fort Greymoor. They're desperate, and it's showing." Nomar recounted what his superiors had told him.

"What are they goona' do, shoot at us?" Sorvik jokingly exclaimed.

"Probably!" Kinak yelled over his shoulder.

"Probably!?" Sorvik shouted back.

"Probably!" Covarus and Kinak chuckled simultaniously.

The squad being ferried across the district

After what seemed like forever, the pilot indicated that the LZ was only a few seconds out. As the SH-8RK passed another building, the fortress came into full view. It was an ten-point star fort, just under half a kilometer in length, and tracer fire could be seen flying in and out. Tank wrecks and bodies were sporadically laid amongst the still operational forces. Nomar could hear chatter over the radio about an incoming naval bombardment. Gunships flying too low to be worried about SHORAD missile fire were spotting targets for the navy. The whizzing of the shells could be heard over the engines and gunfire below, and when the bombardment finally landed, it generated colossal explosions reaching the size of stadiums. Even from up in the air, Nomar could feel the sheer weight of the impact. Glass from office buildings shattered, and soldiers on the ground were knocked from their feet. It was a feeling of cataclysm, of victory.

As their transport touched down, Nomar's squad was greeted by an AT shot blowing clear through a tank in front of them. Not even a second after the shot ruptured an exit hole, the tank burst into a sickly orange fire. Debris flew over their heads, and a second shell flew into the SH-8RK they had just used to get here, causing it to spin out and slam into a building. Glass was falling, smoke was rising, and the flames were everywhere. "Welcome to hell, you jackasses! Late, late, late!" Nomar shouted, waving towards cover. They began a sprint towards the fort. AFNS forces were making a slow but steady push, gaining ground faster than they were losing men. The armor was taking a heavier beating, but were holding strong. From above, CDSPian infantry could be seen closing in on the remainder of the Boric forces in the usual gradual, yet orchestrated manner.

The battle on the streets slogged on for another ten minutes, when the CDSPians managed to push the Boric off the streets, and into the fortress. The Navy had finished launching bombardments, as it was now considered well beyond danger close. The AFNS would attempt to storm the keep, while the SPSO would scale the walls and attempt a supporting breach from the roof. The very fact that the roof hadn't so much as caved in after such a brutal shelling stood as a testament to ancient Norse masonry. A brutal close-quarters infantry fight soon ensued, becoming so brutal that soldiers soon found themselves climbing over piles of bodies. While the Boric fought fiercely, shouting taunts about Veronika's tyranny through their blue bandannas. It wasn't enough to deter the angry army of loyalists, who vigorously butchered the remaining defenders. Finally securing the keep, the SPSO teams finally managed to capture and arrest the last leaders of the Boric Liberation Front.

The war was almost over.

Viper Company operatives observe the aftermath
What's a sig

Prizyetsa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Prizyetsa » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:49 am

Anderson walked along the path, following the emperor. He looked around at everything that had been built since the war had ended as he chatted with his aide and the captain of his guard. The main topic of discussion was wagering how long the country would stay afloat when the Coalition and other occupation forces left, and none of the three were very confident in the future of the nation. While the Far East would survive, Anderson wasn't sure of the rest of the country. By now they had noticed that Kuryak had drifted back and walked next to Anderson.

OOC: I seriously don't know what else to write.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents