NATION

PASSWORD

The War of the Two Empresses OOC/Signup Thread

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Mizrad wrote:
The New Lowlands wrote:Now I don't mean to come across as dickish, because I'm willing to bend the strict-reality rules I usually play by to a certain extent, but nonetheless such an agent- still requiring bajillions of [currency], would end up being less effective than the weapons already available at a much lower price, i.e. theater nuclear weaponry.
There's also a problem with any biological weapon that it carries the inherent risk of spreading everywhere, and will often simply be met with a nuclear or similar response.
I just don't see exactly why or how such a weapon would contribute to the story, but perhaps you can enlighten me.

[Just for the record, I'm not insisting we use biological weapons, it's just a suggestion to introduce new and interesting areas to the plot]

Because what I had planned along with Naybra, Gillenor and Ghant would be that Laoni discovers these weapons and takes them up as her own. Whether or not she uses these weapons in the RP, I don't know. Although what I do know is that I had planned to make an RP after this if the whole "Invasion" thing plays out and we win against Laoni. This RP would be about a country, getting along but just scraping by but, the nation [Destinado Tierra or the Destined Land] has discovered massive mineral deposits which, until recent times were under the complete control of Mizrad and the country itself. Although with it being a hot bed for people who want to escape from things, some of Laoni's surviving supporters would get their hands on these bio-weapons and flee to Destinado Tierra. Here, they would continue their work but soon be discovered by Mizrad as they have a very tight relationship with the country. Here's where the RP actually starts, a few characters of mine that would be involved in tracking down the bio-weapons in this RP would be the main ones in the new RP. They would begin to discover more and more brutal mutations and killings in various parts of the country, and trace them back to Ghish citizens. Then to their dismay, they discover that these Ghish people are the ones manufacturing and threatening to use these weapons all over the world thus causing nuclear war and destroying Panessos, in turn avenging their loss. Therefore it's good that these weapons will cause really bad after effects considering it would be what drives the characters trying to stop the virus from spreading to do their jobs.

Ah.

If you intend to 'win' against Laoni, why are you supporting her?

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm not technically supporting her but, here's some reasons:

1. Because I can use her to clean up Mizrad's "Mess" in the central continent of Panessos
2. I can take out multiple enemies of Mizrad with her help
3. I can get the best of both helping the people against her and her if I play things right.

Although I do not know the full extent of what she is doing IC'ly. For example, my nation knows she is very unstable and plans on taking her out sooner or later after Mizrad goes through with everything listed above. Although what they don't plan on is her going absolutely insane and trying to take over the world. Don't worry though, I only plan on helping with taking out Gyreveich and maybe another nation that's against Mizrad but, I plan on cutting ties with Laoni and the Emperor immediately after.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:18 pm

Mizrad wrote:
The New Lowlands wrote:Now I don't mean to come across as dickish, because I'm willing to bend the strict-reality rules I usually play by to a certain extent, but nonetheless such an agent- still requiring bajillions of [currency], would end up being less effective than the weapons already available at a much lower price, i.e. theater nuclear weaponry.
There's also a problem with any biological weapon that it carries the inherent risk of spreading everywhere, and will often simply be met with a nuclear or similar response.
I just don't see exactly why or how such a weapon would contribute to the story, but perhaps you can enlighten me.

[Just for the record, I'm not insisting we use biological weapons, it's just a suggestion to introduce new and interesting areas to the plot]

Because what I had planned along with Naybra, Gillenor and Ghant would be that Laoni discovers these weapons and takes them up as her own. Whether or not she uses these weapons in the RP, I don't know. Although what I do know is that I had planned to make an RP after this if the whole "Invasion" thing plays out and we win against Laoni. This RP would be about a country, getting along but just scraping by but, the nation [Destinado Tierra or the Destined Land] has discovered massive mineral deposits which, until recent times were under the complete control of Mizrad and the country itself. Although with it being a hot bed for people who want to escape from things, some of Laoni's surviving supporters would get their hands on these bio-weapons and flee to Destinado Tierra. Here, they would continue their work but soon be discovered by Mizrad as they have a very tight relationship with the country. Here's where the RP actually starts, a few characters of mine that would be involved in tracking down the bio-weapons in this RP would be the main ones in the new RP. They would begin to discover more and more brutal mutations and killings in various parts of the country, and trace them back to Ghish citizens. Then to their dismay, they discover that these Ghish people are the ones manufacturing and threatening to use these weapons all over the world thus causing nuclear war and destroying Panessos, in turn avenging their loss. Therefore it's good that these weapons will cause really bad after effects considering it would be what drives the characters trying to stop the virus from spreading to do their jobs.

I appreciate your guy's discussion on the matter. The game will change a lot before it's over. You never know what's going to happen.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Naybra
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naybra » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:26 am

Ghant wrote:
Naybra wrote:What do you mean? And where is Oceanus?

Oceanus is in Gillenor.

I'm just wondering, why does it have to be in Oceanus?
Proud Member of the Panessos Community
| | The Western Isles of Naybra | |
Moving on Up
IIWiki | My History in NationStates | Embassy Program | Naybra International Airport | WIoN Inc.
DEFCON STATUS
1. Nuclear War
2. Engaged in War
3. Preparing for War
4. Sending Aid
5. Increase Intelligence Activity
6. Normal Readiness
Call me Naybra

Firmador
Minister

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:42 am

Naybra wrote:
Ghant wrote:
Oceanus is in Gillenor.

I'm just wondering, why does it have to be in Oceanus?

They pre-planned something special.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:51 am

Firmador wrote:"are absolutely certain of what is right?"

That was ambiguous phrasing of mine: I mean, absolutely certain of what is known to be right; as opposed to certain that what they think is right is right.
And Firmador, I'm still waiting on you rewriting your attack, removing the mortars and sticking in a lone gunman. You may wish to refer to the picturesque mountainous and densely forested backdrop.

This is absolutely correct. Due to international travel, I would be required by realism, to RP the virus spreading to Libraria and Ausitoria; and the response would be guaranteed to be Nuclear, when we find out who perpetrated the attack.

So leaving beside the consequent silliness of a biological attack, compared to the ease of a normal conventional bombing, never mind theater nukes, I do not think the use of biological warfare would make for a good RP.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:54 am

Firmador wrote:
Naybra wrote:I'm just wondering, why does it have to be in Oceanus?

They pre-planned something special.

This. Your mind will get blown.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Mizrad
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:59 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:

That was ambiguous phrasing of mine: I mean, absolutely certain of what is known to be right; as opposed to certain that what they think is right is right.
And Firmador, I'm still waiting on you rewriting your attack, removing the mortars and sticking in a lone gunman. You may wish to refer to the picturesque mountainous and densely forested backdrop.

This is absolutely correct. Due to international travel, I would be required by realism, to RP the virus spreading to Libraria and Ausitoria; and the response would be guaranteed to be Nuclear, when we find out who perpetrated the attack.

So leaving beside the consequent silliness of a biological attack, compared to the ease of a normal conventional bombing, never mind theater nukes, I do not think the use of biological warfare would make for a good RP.

Libraria read the entire post on the top of this page and I'm sure you will understand things.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:02 am

Mizrad wrote:Libraria read the entire post on the top of this page and I'm sure you will understand things.

I did. It's still too dangerous. At the very least, I would hope we have an OOC guarantee that this will not get to the point where the virus can cross borders, which means no more than about a hundred people can get infected by it (depending on the percolation rate)?

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

Mizrad
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:05 am

Mizrad wrote:Libraria read the entire post on the top of this page and I'm sure you will understand things.

I did. It's still too dangerous. At the very least, I would hope we have an OOC guarantee that this will not get to the point where the virus can cross borders, which means no more than about a hundred people can get infected by it (depending on the percolation rate)?

That's pretty much exactly what's supposed to happen. If anything, maybe a couple people will be infected because the entire RP is about stopping the virus from becoming weaponized, not stopping it from being spread or used. Well of course that's part of the package but you know what I'm getting at.

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:09 am

If anyone wants to know what the plan is for the virus, send me a TG. Be warned, there will be spoilers!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:53 pm

I know, but I want to know if you need me to edit other things in my post (i.e. hundreds of small arms and RPGs?) as well.

As soon as I get the go ahead it will take me less than half an hour to re-edit the post.

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:56 pm

As for the Virus, I'd be willing to take it on (I have historically a high rotation rate) it just depends how much time we have. I don't see myself getting ICly involved overtly (except if something crazy, like I discussed with Mizrad, happens in Rhodesea) for a little while.

But if my nation were to be infected first, and on a larger scale (very high urbanisation rate, all rural populations are being re-settled to the sovereign nation of the Southern Noxerra Isles) so that it could give a warning for Ausitoria and whoever inside of Panessos itself doesn't want to be infected *realistically* (i.e. large economic ripple affect. Imports and exports cut off.).
Last edited by Firmador on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communists for the people
Minister

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Communists for the people » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:03 pm

So…Are we going to have zombies?
Please refer to me as Communists for the people CFTP
GO CUBS
"If it were not for the will and determination of these men to stop the superior forces of the German army, a different chapter of history would have been written" Major General Troy Middleton
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." John F. Kennedy
Proud member of Hemithea
1. [Boredem]
2.Military readiness
3. Minor engagement
4. Destroying misguided infadels
5. Mass genocidal war

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:05 pm

Communists for the people wrote:So…Are we going to have zombies?

I have no idea what the Virus is, don't spoil it for me.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Communists for the people » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:11 pm

Firmador wrote:
Communists for the people wrote:So…Are we going to have zombies?

I have no idea what the Virus is, don't spoil it for me.

I don't know either, that's why I'm asking.
GO CUBS
"If it were not for the will and determination of these men to stop the superior forces of the German army, a different chapter of history would have been written" Major General Troy Middleton
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." John F. Kennedy
Proud member of Hemithea
1. [Boredem]
2.Military readiness
3. Minor engagement
5. Mass genocidal war

Mizrad
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Not really, and no as far as I know we're not spreading it around the world as that would kill the plot of the story.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Communists for the people » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Mizrad wrote:Not really, and no as far as I know we're not spreading it around the world as that would kill the plot of the story.

Okay. (I was assuming you were talking about zombies)
Last edited by Communists for the people on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO CUBS
Proud member of Hemithea
1. [Boredem]
2.Military readiness
3. Minor engagement
5. Mass genocidal war

Mizrad
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:32 pm

Post up Trenaria, I think you'll like it.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:14 am

Firmador wrote:I know, but I want to know if you need me to edit other things in my post (i.e. hundreds of small arms and RPGs?) as well.

That depends on whether you received an import license or not:
I just use laundering to sneak in Arms (i.e. that marked crate of fruit/PS4s is not a crate of fruit/PS4s)

If an invasive species can't get through, you'll have trouble sneaking in the arms. Better to import them legally. But there is a limit: you can't import a tactical ballistic missile without very good character references. (RPGs would be just about manageable if you set up a trading company in pirate-infested waters, bought a few container ships, built an HQ office with maybe half a dozen people, added an initial capitalization of about 2 million, raised the rest from the stock markets, and started doing normal trading business). But we would know where the were.

Otherwise, anything more than about a dozen firearms in total - and no more than a few RPGs - would probably have been detected upon import and seized, depending on precisely how you would have tried to import them.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:40 am

Firmador wrote:I know, but I want to know if you need me to edit other things in my post (i.e. hundreds of small arms and RPGs?) as well.

That depends on whether you received an import license or not:
If an invasive species can't get through, you'll have trouble sneaking in the arms. Better to import them legally. But there is a limit: you can't import a tactical ballistic missile without very good character references. (RPGs would be just about manageable if you set up a trading company in pirate-infested waters, bought a few container ships, built an HQ office with maybe half a dozen people, added an initial capitalization of about 2 million, raised the rest from the stock markets, and started doing normal trading business). But we would know where the were.

Otherwise, anything more than about a dozen firearms in total - and no more than a few RPGs - would probably have been detected upon import and seized, depending on precisely how you would have tried to import them.

I already told you how, but anyways I'm tired of waiting I'll just assume they're still AK's and RPGs and just reduce the numbers.

Okay, I'll be updating the post after work and I'll TG you when its all finished.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:49 am

Firmador wrote:I already told you how, but anyways I'm tired of waiting I'll just assume they're still AK's and RPGs and just reduce the numbers.

And I already told you how many you'd have been able to get in if you tried several different methods to get them into the country.

Okay, I'll be updating the post after work and I'll TG you when its all finished.

Thank you.

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:08 am

Firmador wrote:I already told you how, but anyways I'm tired of waiting I'll just assume they're still AK's and RPGs and just reduce the numbers.

And I already told you how many you'd have been able to get in if you tried several different methods to get them into the country.

Thank you.

I still don't think an import license is necessary if you launder it threw a domestic import company :P

Does Bordshav(sp?) have a coast btw? I kind of assumed it did... do you have a general factbook that would include some of this for me to read instead of these time consuming forum-answers?
Last edited by Firmador on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:22 am

Firmador wrote:I still don't think an import license is necessary if you launder it threw a domestic import company :P

Does Bordshav(sp?) have a coast btw? I kind of assumed it did... do you have a general factbook that would include some of this for me to read instead of these time consuming forum-answers?

We'd notice, in the same way that invasive species are noticed; or that IEDs can be detected with TWIPR. It's much easier to import with a licence.

And it's spealt Bvordsha, and it does have a long coast. It's the dark blue unmarked area on this map - the orange area is claimed by their government.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Communists for the people » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:03 am

Posted.
GO CUBS
Proud member of Hemithea
1. [Boredem]
2.Military readiness
3. Minor engagement
5. Mass genocidal war

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents