NATION

PASSWORD

GESO OOC thread.

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Majestic Dolphin
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Majestic Dolphin » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:47 pm

Seems like a nice app, would like to see some involvement with the community first, but we are voting already, so aye.

Senata Populus Que Caelum
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Senata Populus Que Caelum » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 pm

The Majestic Dolphin wrote:Seems like a nice app, would like to see some involvement with the community first, but we are voting already, so aye.

What exactly were you after?

The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:36 pm

Since nato accepts sign ups, I see no reason for us to deny someone.. As long as we can assume ic interaction. Otherwise you know, we'll be bogged down and crippled by having to do constant FC rps, and so forth. It'd be tedious, somethings can be left to the imagination. That said though it would be nice to have an rp eventually but a factbook and general history and an assumption of interaction could work well too.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Ruskarkand
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:34 pm

I'm in favor of their return.
- Scottish resident of the United Kingdom.
- Appreciator of Dragons and Draconic things.
- Minor FanT. FT.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Wanderjar
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wanderjar » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:37 pm

Hi all! Back from the dead haha
MT
The Dual Habsburg Kingdom and Afrikaner Free State of Wanderjar

King Kristian von Habsburg
State President Michael Blair
Prime Minister Jan van Hoyek
Economic Left/Right: 9.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.59
"And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my wrath upon them." Ezekiel 25:17

FT
Loyal World of the Imperium of Man

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:54 pm

Helloe and welcome back Wanderjar
No Sig installed please insert boot media and press any key to continue

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Wanderjar wrote:Hi all! Back from the dead haha

Welcome back bro!
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Zeganas
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeganas » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:54 pm

I give this resolution a solid aye.
My main IC factbook
My solar system factbook
My 4 sapient races/species factbook
INFJ (maybe), american, libertarian-left, worldbuilder, love music
I don't use NS stats.

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:51 am

So we all agreed that you can join, but for new apps and such we've decided its best to have the applicant write a back story of who they are or why they're joining how GESO members got to know them or would know them.

Its also helpful if new members (or perspective) members use the IRC chan to talk with us in real time, to see if we mesh oocly.

This is due to the fact that not all of us have time to RP First contact with every nation; and it makes it easier on us all :)

also Did some number fluff
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

The Solar Reign
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Solar Reign » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:11 am

To: Member states of GESO
From: Foreign Office of Her Devine Majesty, Princess Celestia of Equestria

Subject: Possibility of Membership of the Reign

Dear Fillies and Gentlecolts, as well as the equivalent terms to be used with the corresponding species,
In the name of Her Devine Majesty, I was tasked to inquire about the possibility of membership of the Reign into GESO. The Reign already has the friendship of a member of this honourable organization and agrees on all points to the charter.
Her Devine Majesty would like to deepen this friendship and to acquire the friendship of the other member states for mutual benefit. As a gesture of good will, Her Devine Majesty is willing to offer a copy of the contents of the Library of Bukephaleion for all members of GESO for review and information.

Eagerly awaiting your reply,
Minister Armoured Ultimatum,
Chief of the Foreign Office

Alright, Ladies and Gents, with this IC-letter in an OOC-thread, I would like to apply for joining GESO (as outlined). A small thing, however: The Solar Reign is a pony-nation.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Pony nation with this ground rule about magic in serious RPs.

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:22 am

I vote aye wholeheartedly.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

The United Star Union
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Star Union » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:23 am

I vote aye!
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

Wanderjar
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wanderjar » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:15 am

Aye!
MT
The Dual Habsburg Kingdom and Afrikaner Free State of Wanderjar

King Kristian von Habsburg
State President Michael Blair
Prime Minister Jan van Hoyek
Economic Left/Right: 9.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.59
"And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my wrath upon them." Ezekiel 25:17

FT
Loyal World of the Imperium of Man

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:24 am

I'd say Aye!

Nothing wrong with it. ~

Ruskarkand
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:45 am

I'm surrounded by Scots.

Doesn't help that I contribute, since I vote Aye as well.
- Scottish resident of the United Kingdom.
- Appreciator of Dragons and Draconic things.
- Minor FanT. FT.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Zeganas
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeganas » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:52 am

I am in full support of this, aye!
My main IC factbook
My solar system factbook
My 4 sapient races/species factbook
INFJ (maybe), american, libertarian-left, worldbuilder, love music
I don't use NS stats.

Dyste
Minister

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dyste » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:48 am

Sure, why not? I vote aye as well!
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
DRACONID AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!
MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF CLAWS AND FANGS
Embassy Program
Rulers: King Tyroth, Queen Sarisa, Prime Minister Zihark Jemson
Capital: Valitora
Government Type: Semi-Constitutional Monarchy
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
Founded: Early 15th century
Tech: Lower-tech fantasy (can RP with PT/MT)
Canadian, fan of Video Games (Nintendo in particular) and Tabletop RPGs.
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Creataris
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Creataris » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:22 pm

I vote aye
Knowledge is power guard it well.
How would you destroy a man? Give him power.
National Anthem

Legendardisch
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Legendardisch » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:26 am

Hiyo

So I am applying.
And my whole idea is simple, I am not your ordinary galactic empire, first of all, I asume GESO takes place in the Milky Way, while my empire is the entirety of the Andromeda Galaxy.
But the empire, or rather federation, no longer exists in a.. well normal state, you see, a horrible, horrible bio-engineering experiment failed, creating a abomination of life and the epitome of evil, which in the long term caused the federation to implode, not just the main species (Legendardians). Most were enslaved and others were just plain murdered, slaughtered and eaten. Only a few managed to escape, some just escaped because they got the mission to establish a colony in the Milky Way. one of these ships was the CCV1, 'Hammer' it was attacked and badly damaged before it could make the jump. years after years of floating in space the vessel finally came into contact with GESO (which would be the First Contact Roleplay). Both sides had mixed feelings, but we can plan it out.
After that roleplay I plan to open up a continuous roleplay called Life on board the hammer, with its main goal to find the rest of the Milky Way Flotilla. but from out of that RP I can easily branch into other GESO Roleplays, and maybe even other non-GESO Roleplays, who knows.
Anyway, the Legendardian Federation is shattered, its technology is either lost, or broken, its survivors always hoping they could soon turn the tide, etc. so see some heavy character based RP because as I said, I won't be the ordinary FT Nation for now, in the beginning it would be one ship, maybe later on, a whole flotilla like the one in Mass Effect, and even later on, the final battle and the reunification of the Federation.
I hope I have interested you guys enough.
The United Federation of Legendardisch

Pegasus Armed Dealership | De Volkscourant | Embassy Program | Factbook | Legendardisch.gov
PROUD MEMBER OF: I.S.A , I.C.O.N , V.N.T , U.P.A , I.F.C , I.E.S.P , I.A.T.A , I.C.D , D.S.A , U.T.A

Some very cool links: Flickr | DeviantART | Personal Website
Nederlander | Je Suis Charlie | PEGIDA

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:22 am

I think its workable. What do you guys think?

Solar Regin you've got 9 votes for accepting your nation, And two more on the way from the members I've spoken too; so.. Welcome to the GESO.. Now for the IC pomp and PR ceremony of signing that treaty and I think we're all grand :)
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

The United Dominion
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 17, 2011

Postby The United Dominion » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:23 am

Legendardisch wrote:Hiyo

So I am applying.
And my whole idea is simple, I am not your ordinary galactic empire, first of all, I asume GESO takes place in the Milky Way, while my empire is the entirety of the Andromeda Galaxy.
But the empire, or rather federation, no longer exists in a.. well normal state, you see, a horrible, horrible bio-engineering experiment failed, creating a abomination of life and the epitome of evil, which in the long term caused the federation to implode, not just the main species (Legendardians). Most were enslaved and others were just plain murdered, slaughtered and eaten. Only a few managed to escape, some just escaped because they got the mission to establish a colony in the Milky Way. one of these ships was the CCV1, 'Hammer' it was attacked and badly damaged before it could make the jump. years after years of floating in space the vessel finally came into contact with GESO (which would be the First Contact Roleplay). Both sides had mixed feelings, but we can plan it out.
After that roleplay I plan to open up a continuous roleplay called Life on board the hammer, with its main goal to find the rest of the Milky Way Flotilla. but from out of that RP I can easily branch into other GESO Roleplays, and maybe even other non-GESO Roleplays, who knows.
Anyway, the Legendardian Federation is shattered, its technology is either lost, or broken, its survivors always hoping they could soon turn the tide, etc. so see some heavy character based RP because as I said, I won't be the ordinary FT Nation for now, in the beginning it would be one ship, maybe later on, a whole flotilla like the one in Mass Effect, and even later on, the final battle and the reunification of the Federation.

I'm always wary of anyone who wants to claim a current or former galaxy-spanning empire. I don't particularly think you've thought through just how massive it would have to be (especially in a galaxy Andromeda's size). The problem is the same problem of scale many other RPers have - not realizing how big what they're claiming actually is. So big that I highly doubt whatever experiment-gone-awry occurred could actually rip through the whole galaxy in a span of time smaller than millennia at least.

Yes, the federation may no longer exist but there are two problems here. First being that everyone would have to accept that there's an unnamable horror from beyond in control of a whole galaxy and wiped out a species that unified the galaxy somehow and so should have no problem coming here and doing the same, and two that you were ever that powerful. Even if "most" of the technology was lost (which doesn't make sense - you have ships here, they have data and tech aboard), whatever you do have would have to be necessarily overpowered just to justify the control of the entire Andromeda galaxy. A third is that you're planning on a storyline that leads you back to retaking Andromeda, at which point ... well, basically you've long since left the realm of normal NSFT (the realm that GESO exists in) by the time you retake it - by the time you even are prepared to do so, even.

We've had many players come by with that exact claim desired. I would suggest you think smaller, more reasonable, and more practical.
:: The Local Cluster :: Join Today! ::
:: "The Best Region for NSFT"™ ::
:: NSFT Community Discord Server ::

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:27 am

The United Dominion wrote:
Legendardisch wrote:Hiyo

So I am applying.

I'm always wary of anyone who wants to claim a current or former galaxy-spanning empire. I don't particularly think you've thought through just how massive it would have to be (especially in a galaxy Andromeda's size). The problem is the same problem of scale many other RPers have - not realizing how big what they're claiming actually is. So big that I highly doubt whatever experiment-gone-awry occurred could actually rip through the whole galaxy in a span of time smaller than millennia at least.

Yes, the federation may no longer exist but there are two problems here. First being that everyone would have to accept that there's an unnamable horror from beyond in control of a whole galaxy and wiped out a species that unified the galaxy somehow and so should have no problem coming here and doing the same, and two that you were ever that powerful. Even if "most" of the technology was lost (which doesn't make sense - you have ships here, they have data and tech aboard), whatever you do have would have to be necessarily overpowered just to justify the control of the entire Andromeda galaxy. A third is that you're planning on a storyline that leads you back to retaking Andromeda, at which point ... well, basically you've long since left the realm of normal NSFT (the realm that GESO exists in) by the time you retake it - by the time you even are prepared to do so, even.

We've had many players come by with that exact claim desired. I would suggest you think smaller, more reasonable, and more practical.

A valid point; and sound advice, people usually build up their nations in to unspeakable abominations (See Rethan before he killed that side of his nation off.)
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:40 am

Hello everyone :D

After extensive discussion with a few members over IRC, I've decided to apply, and I've created the first contact Role-play already;
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=333986

[Summary: A ship of refugees on a stolen slaver ship approach the TALOS Station near Red Talons where they attempt to make contact, the ship has several hundred thousand living, and many more dead on it, other smaller ships are following its course, albeit at a much slower speed. We sent out a message in binary (found above) and are awaiting a response.]

Info on my FT Nation, for those of you who don't know, they are called Zeusiycrillians, the species being Homo Zeusicyillius, they evolved from what were basically homo sapiens after a catastrophic apocalypse caused partly by climate change and also sorta by the explosion of the planet's largest volcano. After about 500,000 years of rebuilding, they reached space again and FTL, leaving their desolate home-world only to run into the Orkish empire, who enslaved them. The self-replicating 'swarm' that drove them from their home system (dyson swarm gone very very wrong) caught up, fighting the Orks, and a few hundred million survivors (of the several billion who left) manage to escape on a series of damaged ships.

Physical description, they are a slightly taller hominid with less body tissue, translucent grey skin and translucent white hair, their eyes are opaque black, but that's from a cultural tradition rather than evolution. As for their psychology, I'm still working on it.

Goals for my civilization, find a nice single-star system with several gas giants, use some massive O'Neil Cylinders to set up orbital colonies, set up stargates of some sort for easy transportation/trade, and build a trade-based civilization.

Thanks :D If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask here, over TG or on IRC, I'm usually in #GESO.

The United Dominion
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 17, 2011

Postby The United Dominion » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:43 am

The Fedral Union wrote:A valid point; and sound advice, people usually build up their nations in to unspeakable abominations (See Rethan before he killed that side of his nation off.)

And the Rethast were never a galaxy-dominating threat. There was only potential and fear. The vast majority of the galaxy went unscathed, because galaxies are far bigger than is easy to conceptualize.
:: The Local Cluster :: Join Today! ::
:: "The Best Region for NSFT"™ ::
:: NSFT Community Discord Server ::

The Solar Reign
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Solar Reign » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:44 am

The Fedral Union wrote:[...]
Solar Regin you've got 9 votes for accepting your nation, And two more on the way from the members I've spoken too; so.. Welcome to the GESO.. Now for the IC pomp and PR ceremony of signing that treaty and I think we're all grand :)

Thank you all very much. Where do I put my signature?
Pony nation with this ground rule about magic in serious RPs.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents