NATION

PASSWORD

GESO OOC thread.

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yitzchak Winternitz
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yitzchak Winternitz » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:22 am

Bentus wrote:I'm super busy atm so have only really read Swith's post and so may be missing something super-duper important here ;) But I just had a random thought.

What if we sub-divide GESO into two spheres? (Ok, put like that it sounds horrible already) The idea is sort-of-kinda inspired by the EU-Eurozone. So the EU itself is a large organisation, GESO for example, with its own goals and objectives and functions as the EU (GESO). However, within the EU is the Eurozone, a subset of EU member-nations that are part of this group within the organisation. Members that want the closer relationship can opt to be a part of this internal group, whilst those who don't want all the strings attached can safely opt out whilst remaining part of the EU. The difference here would be that instead of the Eurozone, you'd have the GRF, and instead of currency it'd be a military organisation. The idea would be that the GRF is established as a military force to promote and enforce the objectives of GESO and its collective membership, but not all GESO members are members of the GRF. GESO non-GRF members have no direct say in the managing of the GRF, although it is still bound by the common defence and the like but they are not part of the GESO standing army.

Probably a ton of holes in this, and it's just a spit-ball. Thoughts?

It's a very good idea, it would need fleshing out but definately good.
If believing in G-d means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:34 am

MInroz wrote:One thing brought up in my mind, I was thinking slavery should be illegal in GESO, given that most of (if not all) our respective states is against slavery for varied reasons.

Tho' I don't have the good track of everyone here for the IC nations. If you ask me, I can say slavery is illegal in Minroz.

Well it is illegal, however there are certain exceptions when it comes to bug hierarchies; ts a complex issue discussed in length in the MSU, I think we should adopt a similar stance; the UTA is completely against forced servitude of sapient beings.. But it gets fuzzy when you have something like an "order" of things in an ant colonyesqe deal.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:15 am

viewtopic.php?p=23045511#p23045511 <---- The floor is now open. The UTA will purpose a few amendments regarding indentured survitude and stuff later down the line but for now the floor is yours everyone!
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:11 pm

The Fedral Union wrote:
MInroz wrote:One thing brought up in my mind, I was thinking slavery should be illegal in GESO, given that most of (if not all) our respective states is against slavery for varied reasons.

Tho' I don't have the good track of everyone here for the IC nations. If you ask me, I can say slavery is illegal in Minroz.

Well it is illegal, however there are certain exceptions when it comes to bug hierarchies; ts a complex issue discussed in length in the MSU, I think we should adopt a similar stance; the UTA is completely against forced servitude of sapient beings.. But it gets fuzzy when you have something like an "order" of things in an ant colonyesqe deal.

Thread is closed BTW, so don't post.
Last edited by Stormwrath on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:48 pm

We're going to have quite an interesting discussion :) I look forward to our IC debates.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:43 pm

Yitzchak Winternitz wrote:
Bentus wrote:I'm super busy atm so have only really read Swith's post and so may be missing something super-duper important here ;) But I just had a random thought.

What if we sub-divide GESO into two spheres? (Ok, put like that it sounds horrible already) The idea is sort-of-kinda inspired by the EU-Eurozone. So the EU itself is a large organisation, GESO for example, with its own goals and objectives and functions as the EU (GESO). However, within the EU is the Eurozone, a subset of EU member-nations that are part of this group within the organisation. Members that want the closer relationship can opt to be a part of this internal group, whilst those who don't want all the strings attached can safely opt out whilst remaining part of the EU. The difference here would be that instead of the Eurozone, you'd have the GRF, and instead of currency it'd be a military organisation. The idea would be that the GRF is established as a military force to promote and enforce the objectives of GESO and its collective membership, but not all GESO members are members of the GRF. GESO non-GRF members have no direct say in the managing of the GRF, although it is still bound by the common defence and the like but they are not part of the GESO standing army.

Probably a ton of holes in this, and it's just a spit-ball. Thoughts?

It's a very good idea, it would need fleshing out but definately good.

Well.. the UTA does want closer relations within GESO; so I guess by tradition we'd go for it; or hell help lead the effort up. Ofc we should still keep the reserve for all members..
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Dead Snow
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dead Snow » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:30 pm

urgh, been awol for a while. will catch up with all this jazz soon and post too... sorry for my lack of lovin!

Oppressorion
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oppressorion » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:09 pm

The Fedral Union wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=23045511#p23045511 <---- The floor is now open. The UTA will purpose a few amendments regarding indentured survitude and stuff later down the line but for now the floor is yours everyone!

Oprusa objects to everything...but then, what did you expect?
Imagine somthing like the Combine and Judge Dredd, with mind control.
My IC nation title is Oprusa, and I am human but not connected to Earth.
Do not dabble in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.
Agnostic, humanist vegetarian. Also against abortion - you get all sorts here, don't you?
DEAT: Delete with Extreme, All-Encompassing Terror!

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:30 pm

Dead Snow wrote:urgh, been awol for a while. will catch up with all this jazz soon and post too... sorry for my lack of lovin!

Its all good snow good to have you back around ^-^
[REDACTED BY MOD]

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:44 pm

To Everyone in GESO and Associated to it; an OOC address.

Its been a full year and four months since our group and our alliances has been founded. We've gone through trials, errors; and the usual vicissitudes of the human condition that tend to permeate through groups as large as ours. Yet we've survived them all, from the depths of near fragmentation; to earning the ire of other groups. We still face some trials and we still all face as a group walls thrown up by other FT alliances; and by something we know all too well. Lack of time , yet even with this mind; we are not only stronger than ever, we are not only shifting and morphing and adapting to the ever yet slowly changing FT fields . We continue to rise forth like an immense phoenix of words, story and diversity over II and on NS.

We are not inactive, we are not dead; this much is obvious. Our comrades and our friends unified in this group as allies and as friendly rpers with the singular goal of having fun to contribute to something grater than the individual to something that is the whole; this whole is what GESO is. But we must remember that the individual nations, and people make this whole possible. They've made it strong and have made It last. As such, the balance of individual fun and the whole will always be balanced and must always be balanced like times before and like times forth.

Our group has built an unprecedented monument to the co-operation of players on NS not seen for several years; when the last “alliances” of old died out.

Many say, we would stagnate things; we would succumb to the many rotting pillars of the alliances of old and thus turn into ruins. I say here now, a year later to look around you and this thread. I certainly do not think we're going down that ill faded path; and we can be certain that we will not go down that path. We will not only maintain our current stature and monumental achievement but we will expand it, we will build our organization in to something that II and NS has never seen before; a symbol of hope for open FT rps and a symbol to reenforce that II FT whilst slow, is far from dead. We are not the only group nor the only organization with the talent to make wonderful works of art in literature.

But we will be the biggest, we will be the most prominent; I promise you all, the changes and masses of reformation being undertaken by several members and in our SC thread will solidify a larger base for us to build even taller; to leap forth in to the sky and touch the sun itself. Yet we cannot do this alone; everyone in our group and around us, maintains such a reservoirs of knowledge and creativity that it would be fool-hearty not to pool it together to create a golden age of writing to make masterpieces of RP and to dedicate our efforts for the fun of all.

We could not have done this without the support of various Mentors, other veteran members outside and inside of our group; people who have dedicated their time and their effort through difficulties in and out to help our alliance and our group succeed. These unsung hero’s; through their doubts and lamentations that we would succeed were key for us to spring our wings and soar; and they will not see us soar higher than ever before. As a testament to their dedication; but they aren't the only people who were involved in our accent and continued ascent.

You, I, and everyone else around us and in our threads also added their own lift; their own winds and gusts of words and ideas that both fuel and push forth our grand experiment turned in to an ever changing fact of the forums. GESO and Rping in general needs all of you; all of you to make us rise higher to show the forums and future generations for years to come that anything is possible. I was an isolated player until I dedicated my time on here to help build this organization with the help of the few friends I had ; the ranks rapidly grew. And now, here in 2015 we stand poised over II as allies, as friends, as rpers outside of the alliance for a simple goal. Have fun.

With all this in mind; let us keep pushing forth, let us keep building. Let us rise higher and become a symbol of hope in both the darkest of times and the most inactive of times. But let there be no mistake, those who say “its impossible” or that “they're dieing” have sorely missed the recent happenings within this group an have sorely underestimated the achievements we've all made. I am proud of my equals , my comrades who have helped buil this and I know we can do better we can build larger; WE CAN SOAR HIGHER!.

As the charter is being rewritten I implore you to pay attention to the joint actions thread; this is no job time will need to be taken but we all known democratization is not just desirable but necessary for a group like ours. We as a group in the crucible system had a major impact over the standard smash and grab politics of FT; we ourselves PROUDLY helped the MSU another group of nations looking toward a unified front organize and continue to support them as vice versa.

GESO and its rpers; can do so much more. We can foster new threads we can foster other groups; and foremost we can now realize our achievements and the wide scope of what we've effected; even if it was in a minor way.

So, let us band together once more; and expand our feat of brevity and defiance at the naysayers. LET US GROW... And let us have fun! Many can say never; we NEVER say NEVER.

I'm proud to be amongst our esteemed membership; and I do not see our organization crumbling for a long time to come; if we buckle together and continue our rise with a unfed effort.

Sincerely, UTA

Last edited by The Fedral Union on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:04 pm

A wonderful tribute!
No Sig installed please insert boot media and press any key to continue

The United Star Union
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Star Union » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:12 pm

The United Star Union (USU) thanks all of the GESO members for allowing my nation to join, I hope that I am able to contribute to continue to make the GESO a great alliance to be a part of! Also if anyone want me to join an RP, please send me a TG.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:40 am

This I think is what GESO oocly and ICly should aspire to be ) ignore the American undertones and listen to the poem.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Kornosia
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Kornosia » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:01 pm

Your all worms under the might of the Great Ventorie Horde!

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:07 am

A revised initial/half done charter has been posted Its up to the rest of us to hammer out things of concern and elaborate on some things here; I think democratization is the best thing we can do for GESO.. and We're about to get very active in RPS.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Kornosia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kornosia » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:26 am

Who's the Ork guy around here?

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:43 pm

I could use some help against the Ventorie :)

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:15 pm

Tis a hit that hobbs wants to rp, and im sure plenty of people would like to join him riiiitee?

anyway I'd like to put this forth as the GRF's flagship

Its my newest Exploratory Heavy Strike cruiser... There she is in dry dock, we'll build her free of charge bring others in if they want to put any nifty tech on her; but it would be maintained by the GRF's budget.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:39 pm

Eh, the ship is alright, but it is really necessary for GESO or the GRF to build its own dedicated class of warships?

The United Star Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Star Union » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:01 pm

Stormwrath wrote:Eh, the ship is alright, but it is really necessary for GESO or the GRF to build its own dedicated class of warships?

I think it is a good idea. Its like the US states, the militias of each states are strong individually, but working together they are ineffective because they all have different weapons and tactics. However, as soon as the US Army came around it was effective because it was all the same weapons, therefore the same tactic. It makes join operations easier and an effective weapon as long as everyone knows how to use the vessels in combat. However, I do think that the entire GESO should be consulted before making a standard craft.

Also sorry if I am out of line being new and all.

Kornosia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kornosia » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:43 pm

It matters not for the Ventorie Horde will crush it...

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:41 pm

The United Star Union wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:Eh, the ship is alright, but it is really necessary for GESO or the GRF to build its own dedicated class of warships?

I think it is a good idea. Its like the US states, the militias of each states are strong individually, but working together they are ineffective because they all have different weapons and tactics. However, as soon as the US Army came around it was effective because it was all the same weapons, therefore the same tactic. It makes join operations easier and an effective weapon as long as everyone knows how to use the vessels in combat. However, I do think that the entire GESO should be consulted before making a standard craft.

Also sorry if I am out of line being new and all.

The US States all use the same tactics because the US is considered as one nation, not fifty. A federation by definition, is a bunch of states unified under a central government. I don't think that definition would apply to GESO, as it is more of an alliance of nations than an actual federal state. Even so, IRL I haven't heard of the UN or other alliances in the world making a similar proposition for a standard craft (although one could always point out the EU's Eurofighter Typhoon).

Although, I might be sensing that GESO might become a mere vehicle for the UTA's foreign policy ICly, and would therefore be a quasi-federation...

Kornosia wrote:It matters not for the Ventorie Horde will crush it...

Then why are you even in this alliance?

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:44 pm

He's not in the alliance. He is the unofficial enemy of, well, everyone LOl

The United Star Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Star Union » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:50 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
The US States all use the same tactics because the US is considered as one nation, not fifty. A federation by definition, is a bunch of states unified under a central government. I don't think that definition would apply to GESO, as it is more of an alliance of nations than an actual federal state. Even so, IRL I haven't heard of the UN or other alliances in the world making a similar proposition for a standard craft (although one could always point out the EU's Eurofighter Typhoon).

Although, I might be sensing that GESO might become a mere vehicle for the UTA's foreign policy ICly, and would therefore be a quasi-federation...

Then why are you even in this alliance?

That is very true and I agree with that. But as you pointed out with the Eurofighter it wouldn't hurt to have a few standard GESO units, not necessarily flagships though. Maybe to make operating easier joint tactics or something should be set?

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:57 pm

The United Star Union wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:

That is very true and I agree with that. But as you pointed out with the Eurofighter it wouldn't hurt to have a few standard GESO units, not necessarily flagships though. Maybe to make operating easier joint tactics or something should be set?

The idea is possible; we could have a few standard craft, although space dreadnoughts would be out of the question.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents