NATION

PASSWORD

Founding GESO summit (FT semi open TG for entry)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Akrid
Envoy

Founded: Mar 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Akrid » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:51 pm

The Ambassador from Hobbeebia still hadn't responded to his message, may he hadn't understood it. Oh well. Curtius was still uncertain about why the alien had been showing so much interest in him, but oh well. Maybe they could speak during the next break.

Red Talons wrote:"Firstly, I, Hian, as representative and Director for the Merchant Caste, and Warrior Caste representative Vice Admiral Lohel" he gestured to her, "Have issue with Article Two, our own laws prohibit the passage of any foreign vessels or individuals to or within our core systems. Due to reasons of national security, all current trade is conducted through four trade hub star systems. Regardless of any affirmations of security from members here, we will not waver on this measure."

Curtius raised his hand, "Mr. Secretary, if I may?"

Curtius stood, refusing the podium in favor of remaining in front of his seat. "Mr. Hian, I must ask why. Why are you so adamant not to allow foreign citizens into your territory? How can you gain from your isolation? What do you have to hide? What are you afraid of? Perhaps if you were willing to discuss it we could find a work around."

Privately, Curtius was disgusted at the idea. Even as isolationist as the union had been, visitors from alternate universes had still been allowed to visit and stay as long as they wished.

Red Talons wrote:"Second, the Warrior Caste finds issue with article 8. On the matter of the gate network, it is acceptable to place such a device in proximity to our Merchant systems, however all trade will have to be handed off at the trade hub and taken on by soveriegn vessels to core systems. It is also against current regulations to allow intigration of military forces, though I believe this can be worked through fairly easily."

"From there I would like to move on to addressing your comments regarding your economic system. I must ask if your decision to require cargo to be transfered to your vessels is due to security concerns or fear as to the loss of your merchant caste's monopoly on internal trade? If it is the latter, are you not forgoing the benefits of competitive markets in order to protect a monopoly?"

"I will let Secretary Malcolm discuss the military concerns and the situation regarding paranormal powers."

MInroz wrote:“I rest my case and now as to the business.” Abahai clears throat, “Like His Esteemed Excellency Ari’Yah of Hobbeebia said, which nation is going to lead the Proposed Allied Operations Command? Personally I do recommend a multinational crew, combined with their past experiences and profession. That way, it’ll not show favouritism or led by the ‘imperialists’ in my opinion. A fair trade of many species working together in the Allied organisation such as ourselves and promote mutual cooperation of our nations.

As for article 8, I must put forth the concern of my government. The gate networks, at least our own, should be regulated and supervised by our respective political entities. Who is going to look after our portal gates? Will it hinder national security? In my country’s case which is an Empire of many dimensions and worlds, we preferred to look after and make our own portals or gates to clarify your understanding of our terms.

Lastly, the rest of the articles is more than satisfactory for me and my government.”

Curtius turned to the Prince from Minroz, "Prince Abahai, as a nation located in one of the Milky Way's multiple Satellite Galaxies, the gates were our request. Our FTL technology makes it difficult to reach the Galaxy proper in a reasonable amount of time. While we agree they are a weak point, we have a few rather low-tech defensive technologies we would be willing to give, for free, to help protect them. The main one is our Solar Array Pumped Laser, which is able to self-replicate themselves at an annual rate of 0.05%.

At his side, Dobrev paused and looked into empty space. As the message about what had happened to the ADS Precursor came through, he jotted it down on a physical notepad, and sent the message to the rest of the delegation. The Emperor wanted GESO's help.

Inside, Elizabeth Hopkins and her camera crew were filming everything for the wires. It wouldn't go out for a bit, this was all rather dry and she had several days before her deadline. As she watched Dobrev go still and then pass along messages to the rest of the aliens in his delegation, she decided once there was a break, she would try to get him on camera. Maybe something interesting was happening with one of the two nations from beyond the galaxy at this meeting.
Last edited by Akrid on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook | Embassy Program | GESO Member
DEFCON 2 | SECCON 2 | INFOCON 4
Flag by Skulley
Emperor: His Imperial Majesty Lucas Iudas Caesar, Emperor of Akrid and Kaapio, Protector of Hi Rakhana, Kerenskiy Konfederatsii, New Calocour, Galatana, and Gellix, Defender of the Faith
Prime Minister: His Excellency Pekka Takala, Grand Duke of Kuokkala and Chief of the Jalopeura Clan
President: Her Excellency Elena McEvedy
Full Name: Imperial Union of Akrid (Imperium Akrid)
National Language: Latin, Kaapio (Finnish)
Capital: Akrid
Form of Government: Confederal Constitutional Monarchy with a Codified Constitution
Diplomatic Stance: Pseudo-Isolationist
Demonym: Akridii or Akridian
My nation uses Magic, please see my factbook for info

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Ari' Yah snapped back quickly at Curitus after hearing the final segment of their proposal regarding the 'low tech defensive' devices which would be used to protect these proposed Portal Gates, which also have the ability to slowly replicate without direct oversight. This Solar Pump Laser which was mentioned seemed an even bigger throne in his side. Who else would would be in control of this array? How would this Array be built and what would its potential for mis-use be? Many unanswered questions, and even fewer answers. Hobbeebia's history is potmarked with supposedly controlled Self-replicating machines.

"Esteemed delegate Curitus... The Imperium has serious concerns regarding these 'Low-Tech Devices' and more so specificly are these Solar Array Pumped Lasers. Our stars are very much a developed area. Being home to some 50,000 small docking satellites and our Central Military command station as well as our flagship The Emperors Right Hand docking station. We have some 5 million personnel in the Military Command station alone. Having an unknown weapon system which may be self-controling so close to this station is... unsettling to say the least. What are you thoughts on this?"

Ari' Yah settled himself into the chair once more while twitching his wongs slightly. Ever since he got his second set he found it difficult to keep them still, constantly feeling like they should be held open at full birth. About this time an Elizabeth Hopkins began to become more bold in her filming... not the Ari' Yah minded, ut it was worth noting that such was happening as a message was being delivered to the GESO delegation regarding a potentially hostile situation, which looked to be like a test for the GESO to pass in order to be born of fire.

I believe I speak for most here that a recess is in order. I for one have much to relay with my government regarding the situation thus far.
No Sig installed please insert boot media and press any key to continue

Akrid
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Akrid » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Curtius was surprised at the vehemence from the winged alien, the same one which had been glancing at him earlier, "Our proposal was for the technology. That is all. It was our intention that the mirrors be under local control. As they are also useful for the solar powered spin mining and processing of asteroids, they will also be a boost to local mining infrastructure."

"If you are concerned over the 'self-replicating' aspect, it is quite simple." He called up a hologram. "Most Carbonaceous and Mineralogical Asteroids contain enough quartz and nickel-iron to produce a new mirror. We currently are able to achieve an annual 0.5% expansion of the SAPL array in our own space. Attach a small remote control thruster pack with FTL comms, and you can scatter the mirrors across the entire stellar system. We keep our collector and aiming mirrors here" he pointed to an area above the star "above the plane of the elliptic."

"With enough mirrors, you can easily produce a multi-terajoule laser-equivalent beam. Even better, you can set it to be as wide or as thin as you want, thus enabling its use as both an anti-shipping and anti-missile weapon."

Dobrev put a hand on Curtius' shoulder, "I must agree with the representative of Hobbeebia." He sent the message to Curtius over cybercom. Curtius paused in surprise, and said aloud, "What?"
Last edited by Akrid on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flag by Skulley
Emperor: His Imperial Majesty Lucas Iudas Caesar, Emperor of Akrid and Kaapio, Protector of Hi Rakhana, Kerenskiy Konfederatsii, New Calocour, Galatana, and Gellix, Defender of the Faith
Prime Minister: His Excellency Pekka Takala, Grand Duke of Kuokkala and Chief of the Jalopeura Clan
Form of Government: Confederal Constitutional Monarchy with a Codified Constitution

Red Talons
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Red Talons » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:48 am

Akrid wrote:"Mr. Hian, I must ask why. Why are you so adamant not to allow foreign citizens into your territory? How can you gain from your isolation? What do you have to hide? What are you afraid of? Perhaps if you were willing to discuss it we could find a work around."

"From there I would like to move on to addressing your comments regarding your economic system. I must ask if your decision to require cargo to be transfered to your vessels is due to security concerns or fear as to the loss of your merchant caste's monopoly on internal trade? If it is the latter, are you not forgoing the benefits of competitive markets in order to protect a monopoly?"

Hian waited a moment, glancing to Lohel, who had shot a glare at Curtius, then shifted her gaze quickly to Hian, her ears flicking a few times. Hian deferred the questions to her. Lohel stood, her tail twitching slightly as she spoke.

"Ambassador Curtius, the Technocracy is not wholly isolationist. We posses a number of Core Systems which is classified for purposes of national security. Beyond that, there are four systems, one located in each quadrant, which each posses planetary colonies, as well as where our trade hub's are located. The reason for keeping tho locations of our Core Systems, and even their number, secret at all costs is because the Technocracy was forged in the fires of war. A war that has persisted these many cycles. A war of resistance against the Imperium of Man.... It has been thousands of cycles since we encountered them for the first time. They promised peace, they promised mutual free trade, they promised so much... When they came in force we were not ready, many of my people's homeworlds... Imagine, if you will Ambassador, watching the world you were born on, grew up on, that your family lived on, burning brighter than the sun. Burning with the nuclear fires of orbital bombardment until there was nothing left, not even an atmosphere. They called us many things to justify mass murder. Suffer not the mutant, the xeno, the heretic, they said... " There was a slight growl to her voice when she said those words. "Many of our people remain that were there when it happened... Never again will my people or their families trust honeyed words at face value, least of all from a species that has shown time and again to say one thing and do another. If honest people wish to visit our nation, and conduct honest trade or even immigrate, there are habitable worlds in each of our trade systems, and each system is capable of being self sufficient. We do not have an internal monopoly inside our territory. There are many publicly and privately owned companies that operate Independently within our boarders. The reason for what you term 'Isolationism' is because we understand the possibility of terrorist style attack operations conducted with seemingly legitimate vessels. Furthermore, we understand what happens when an enemy knows where you live and when you sleep. No, we do not have these security measures in place because we are greedy and controlling... We have them in place for the safety of my people against Exterminatus. As such, no foreign vessels are allowed passage to Core Systems. To prevent the possibility of hostile governments acquiring such information as their location, defensive capabilities, population statistics or infrastructure details..." She sat down, folding her hands on the table.

While Lohel spoke, Hian passed Kuror a small tablet. The male merr tapped at it for a moment before passing it back. The two essentially passing a note back and forth while Lohel spoke. When she sat, Hian passed the tablet to her as he stood, clearing his throat. "My apologies for my companion's tone. We simply cannot allow non sovereign vessels passage to our Core Systems. Information alone can be a potent weapon with which to act. We do not trust outsiders so much as to allow them within our homes with such freedom as what is common with free trade ports. This is why we established the Trade Systems. to facilitate trade with outsiders while safeguarding the majority of our population against being targeted by hostile governments."

Hian paused for a moment as Lohel handed him the small tablet that Kuror and Lohel had been passing back and forth while he spoke, the same one Hian had handed her before. "Now, as far as the charter goes. I believe that any coalition force or security organization should be headed by a council of representatives, as suggested by Prince Abahai. As far as the gate business, it seems like it was intended that all technology and systems involved would be operated by native citizens when present within their territory. Otherwise I have no issues with the charter as it stands, as Article Eight also states that if deemed by the government of the subject nation that all civilian space flights be grounded or turned away. Furthermore, we have no issue of full implementation or usage of gate systems or supplied technology. In fact, we would like to lend some of our own expertise both technologically as well as metaphysically. Though, I cannot make any promises as to the latter. The former however, I can say personally that we will have no issue supporting such an alliance technologically."
Last edited by Red Talons on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is my factbook(perpetually under construction)
Because I advocate more space-magic, Laws For Magic.
A 4.2 civilization, according to this index.
---
Defense Status
{Green}--{Orange}--|{Blue}|--{Red}--{Black}
---
Universal peace is an archaic concept.
It is like taking a handful of sand,
and expecting none of it to slip through your fingers...

=Isahil Traekith=
---
Fear is a basic emotion...
What frightens you more, the evil that you know?...
...Or the evil that you don't...
When you light a candle,
you also cast a shadow...
=[Data Redacted]=

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:03 pm

Malcolm watched to proceedings too and fro, he raised an eyebrow as questions were posed and debates started. He decided to interject and calmly state.

“Ladies, gentlemen.. While I am quite sure we all have our reasons for doing things, and far be it the purpose of this document to police internal polices of any sort, what Ambassador Haiden has said is acceptable. This charter does not mandate every system be connected to a gate network, only that a power have access to it if they accept. Additionally there will be a council and security council dealing with member affairs, proposals and respectively military affairs such as implementing article 3a and 4. The command structure is simple as with the old earth Alliance NATO there will be an Allied commander and deputy allied commander then their Adjuncts and regional commands, to be chosen by hosting nations. The Supreme Allied commander will be chosen out of the Terran forces by our joint chiefs and President this post is reserved for Terran commanders, the deputy will be chosen from a member nation and will also set the precedent for appointees to come, we shall come to that decision and advise members of it. As for cargo, it is within treaty bounds that a power should allow cargo to be shipped to various points were upon these imports will be distributed to the member power, we do not require that our ships be allowed at every point so this is acceptable. The classifications of abilities are to be kept quiet within the security council and between member governments, a more public scale will be adopted upon suggestion by a power.”

Malcolm smiled , he took a sip of water and sat back in to his chair gazing at various representatives. This was so far an interesting debate, after all its gone on for a bit. He expected something like this, it wouldn't be politics without it.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Akrid
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Akrid » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Curtius stared Hain in the eyes, "I don't have to imagine. I watched our homeworld burn as her people were eaten and entire ethnic groups died in the fighting to ensure as many survived as possible. The situation was so bad we had to flee to this universe in order to survive. So we are no strangers to the fear of which you spoke. However, if the situation is acceptable with Secretary Malcolm, then we withdraw our questions."

Inside, Curtius cringed. Those Imperium of Man loonies were here as well? What the hell was WITH this universe? It seemed like every universe they had ever come across had a nation based upon it in this one. Was it a weak spot in the P-Branes, an extreme example of Convergent Evolution, infinite monkeys on infinite typewriters, God being bored?
Flag by Skulley

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:24 pm

-reserved for post-
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:12 am

Abahai looked annoyed at the outcome towards his fellow representatives. It looked like they’re bickering over their national prides or their personal egos. Regardless, he’s not here to show off his country’s might, he’s here to participate in the Alliance discussion for Minroz’s benefits. For now, he wanted to bang his head on the table but refrain from doing so. But all is not lost at least, some representatives he seen are quite reasonable individuals, much to his relief. Although the mention of the Imperium of Man worried him, he read that they’re human supremacist Empire with the corpse as their god-emperor.

He cleared his throat, “Now we’re back to topic, like Secretary Malcolm says, there will be a council dealing with forces of our respective member nations. But led by the Supreme Commander who is a Terran, I see no problem with it since the Terrans started this Alliance and the way to avoid favouritism and rivalry between our troops.

As for cargo and gate networks, it seems nobody has issues about it except in cases of national security. Which is understandable, my concern that these gates may be utilised by our potential enemies to exploit our weaknesses. I know I sound paranoid but it’s possible. Hence I believed each individual members must look after their gates, with vigilance and care.”

He stopped and sipped his glass of water.

Akrid
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Akrid » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:08 am

Ambassador Curtius nodded at the prince, "Agreed. Control over and defense of the gates at the local level is a necessity. We have a number of other ideas we have picked up from across the multi-verse which we are willing pass on to the governments of the other states. The SAPL Array is just one of many technologies we are more than willing to give, free of charge, to our new allies."
Flag by Skulley

United Furry Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Furry Alliance » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:32 pm

The mere thought of an entire planet burning had Jullian begging to think deeper about the Alliance already what thought remained on his mind was would it be successful.

They bicker and argue just as the People back home we'll fit in fine, still the idea of a planet being annihilated is always worrysome Jullian said to himself quietly.
Past-A small island nation of warrior monks
Modern-continent sized nation Run by Scholars.
Futuristic-Star sized mobile station that travels the multiverse run by scientists.
Pros-Science and democracies,USA(mostly),Atheism,Blueberries.
Cons-Religon,Monarchy,Cherries,

Red Talons
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Red Talons » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:49 am

Hian looked to Lohel, who nodded in agreement. "We have no issue with the Terrans acting as head of the security council. I don't believe there are any other matters to discuss on our end." He signed the provided pad, then passed it to his companions who each signed as well. Kuror placed it back on the table as Hian continued.

"I'll have a manifest made up of goods and services that we have available and are seeking to acquire. I won't boast to assume that our defenses against concerted aggression or piracy are impregnable, and I'm sure any defense technology would be a welcome addition." He sat back in his chair, picking up a glass of water and sipping it.
This is my factbook(perpetually under construction)
Because I advocate more space-magic, Laws For Magic.
A 4.2 civilization, according to this index.
---
Defense Status
{Green}--{Orange}--|{Blue}|--{Red}--{Black}
---
Universal peace is an archaic concept.
It is like taking a handful of sand,
and expecting none of it to slip through your fingers...

=Isahil Traekith=
---
Fear is a basic emotion...
What frightens you more, the evil that you know?...
...Or the evil that you don't...
When you light a candle,
you also cast a shadow...
=[Data Redacted]=

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:31 am

Post reserved

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:51 am

Emperor Tedian
TES Harbinger deiplomatic ship

The Terliran Empire diplomatic ship had been on a vacation run when they heard Transmissions of a summit. Emperor Reform couldn't resist, he ordered the Captain to set a course. Emperor Reform was standing on the bridge. Tedian was looking into the void of space as the planet came into sight. The Captain walked up to the Emperor and saluted, "Emperor Tedian, we have arrived at the location, should we send a message now?" Asked the Captain as Reform turned around and nodded.

Emperor Reform signaled the two guards to follow hi. The 7 foot tall Emperor walked off the bridge and went to his quarters where he put on his armor but left the helmet off and he carried his ceremonial plasma sword in It's cover attached to his hip. Then he walked to a shuttle and would wait for the captains OK before leaving the ship.

this is Captain Sarwick of the Terliran Empire, our Emperor would like to request o'er.mission to join this summit of yours.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:23 pm

Malcolm was pleased with the progress so far, one nation signed it, the others intending to it seemed. He observed the proceedings and as the first signature came to pass he said.

“Well I am happy we could work through our issues, to a new future..”

He endorsed it all, he looked around waiting for anyone to bring any more objections to the table either that required clarification or re drafting of an article. He took his own pad already signed with the signature of the President and stacked it with the other signed one.

Mean while, several officials were there to meet the Harbingers passengers, and to quickly escort them to the meeting. Things were getting underway but even if people were late they could still sign it. And a nice trip through the buzzing city would be a showcase that the UTA was ready to be a leader.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Akrid
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Akrid » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:09 pm

Curtius took a moment to comm with the representatives of the various member states of the Union. The Quarian was a little nervous, but most of his people still lived in their ships. Dobrev was ready to sign, but was uncertain about opening the borders of the Konfederatsii to foreign nationals. The Camaasi from New Calocour just gave Curtius a look. Of course he was going to sign. The other members were willing to sign. Curtius picked up the tablet in front of him, and signed his name, adding it to the stack on the table.
Flag by Skulley

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:58 pm

Emperor Reform and his guards stepped out of the harbinger and saluted the escorts. "I am Emperor Tedian of the Terliran Empire. I salute you for allowing us to take part. A alliance such as this would benefit all parties and I'm sure the Empire will be glad as well." Said Tedian as he looked around the area.
[/floatright][floatleft]

Planet Dahan
Secretary

Founded: Jul 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Planet Dahan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:44 pm

A luminescent cloud of aqua blue formed above the Terran capital as a Type 35 Galactic Explorer emerged from a hyperspace window and entered 'right proper normal space', as Groulien Salt Hogs were fond of calling it. The craft was elegant in its design; sweeping curves gradually leading to the aft gave the vessel the appearance of a sleek, hammer-like shape, constructed from glistening alloys of an unknown type. There appeared to be no windows, nor protrusions of any kind - not even an engine nacelle - but it seemed capable of propelling itself and navigating properly, as it adjusted its course to enter orbit around this 'Neo-Earth'.

Community Leader Jess'la had wanted to arrive aboard a Dahanese Cruiser, a less-imposing, much more beautiful vessel built specifically for peaceful means (before the Kasvagorians got their hands on them and armed them, at any rate), but they were running particularly late and the Galactic Explorer, with its sophisticated Gris technology, was far faster than the diminutive cruiser. Her decision had also been influenced by the Kasvagorians insisting that they travel in a flotilla of Annihilators for security purposes, which would have been diplomatic suicide, so she had opted for the lesser of two evils.

One of the downsides of her decision was that the Galactic Explorer was designed for the diminutive Gris - or Greys, as they were more commonly known - and the pristine white corridors weren't exactly accommodating to anybody as tall as the six-foot Jess'la. She had to stoop down uncomfortably, keeping her angelic wings folded as close to her back as she could manage. It was worse for the Kasvagorian representative who accompanied her though; with his impressive height of nearly eleven feet, he was essentially forced to crawl and squeeze his way around the narrow passages of the ship. A fact which did not improve his mood; Jess'la and her Dahanese assistant were forced to calm him nearly constantly during the trip.

How fortunate, then, that the Galactic Explorer had got them to their destination quickly.

It wasn't just Jess'la and Korvok, the Kasvagorian, aboard. An entire crew of Greys piloted the vessel, and a representative from nearly every member species of the Commonwealth travelled with them. A short-but-stout, hard-shelled individual named Yakky Gander-Gub represented the industrious Grouliens; a similarly-short but more 'insecty' fellow named Zzksk Vsks stood for the single-minded Grekka Targ; Maa'lo-dok, captain of this vessel, would join them at the conference on behalf of the ever-wise Gris; Mordok Vellen was the two-headed delegate for the argumentative Turakken; and even the laid-back Karmarama had sent a representative in the form of Meekua. The Zedem and Polkavians had either decided against sending representatives of their own, or had simply not been interested enough in the event to bother, and so Jess'la would speak for them.

Their reasons for attending this event were many. In Jess'la's eyes, it was time for the Commonwealth to stop looking inward, and start looking outward. They had been rebuilding for two centuries, and that was long enough. All of the constituent races of the Commonwealth would have died out long ago if they had not worked together, and so it stood to reason that working together with yet more species would improve their lot in life even more - and hopefully, they had something to contribute in return. The Commonwealth's economy had rapidly expanded over the years, and Jess'la felt that this could only continue if they began negotiating trade agreements with foreign powers to broaden their horizons.

Unfortunately, as one grew in prosperity, one also became more desirable to the more nefarious members of the galaxy - or beyond. None had paid a greater price for this truth than the now-defunct Kasvagorian Empire and its similarly-defunct contemporaries, wiped out centuries ago by extra-galactic aggression. To avoid the same fate, or other fates she had not contemplated, the Commonwealth needed friends. The powerful Kasvagorians and the technologically-sophisticated Gris may give the Commonwealth a unique military proposition, but both had failed in the past.

She had put feelers out for allies in the past, but none had been forthcoming. She had all-but given up when this 'Terran Alliance' had invited them to discussions regarding a new alliance - the 'GESO'. It took little consideration for her to accept, but it turned out that - either due to the sheer distance involved or a lack in their communications equipment - they had received the invitation rather late.

Hence her haste now.

As the Galactic Explorer entered orbit, it sent a message to whatever control station was in charge down there. On reception of a confirmation, the hodge-podge bunch of diplomats from various species teleported themselves down to the coordinates they had been given - the first time any of them had been on a different planet in a long time.

United Furry Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Furry Alliance » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:13 pm

(A few more have already signed the time to sign is now, might as well look eager to sign as well not to much and not little just enough emotion)

Julian gave the signal Aveline and Slade quickly approved and signed using the traditional Initial with emblem signature.

(The small group quickly went back to sit though this time he made sure the Slade and Aveline sat in a corner drinking water and watching the precedings)
Past-A small island nation of warrior monks
Modern-continent sized nation Run by Scholars.
Futuristic-Star sized mobile station that travels the multiverse run by scientists.
Pros-Science and democracies,USA(mostly),Atheism,Blueberries.
Cons-Religon,Monarchy,Cherries,

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:02 am

New Roman Empire wrote:Emperor Reform and his guards stepped out of the harbinger and saluted the escorts. "I am Emperor Tedian of the Terliran Empire. I salute you for allowing us to take part. A alliance such as this would benefit all parties and I'm sure the Empire will be glad as well." Said Tedian as he looked around the area.

“No doubt about it.” The Minrozian prince gave a respectful bow to Tedian, greeting him.

“Back to the charter, well, since everyone here is doing it.” Abahai stated, bringing out his electric pen and signed it. After that, he brought out the royal stamper from his pocket. He stamped it, leaving the Imperial Seal of the Minrozian Empire.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:20 am

Reform looked over the charter and nodded and pulled out a pen and he signed it. Then he found an open seat and sat down. He still wasn't sure of the people around him yet.
[/floatright][floatleft]

Planet Dahan
Secretary

Founded: Jul 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Planet Dahan » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Jess'la and her disparate party of diplomats, having been greeted and led to the meeting room (and Korvok having been relieved of his many weapons, much to his chagrin), had been making themselves comfortable for a while. Korvok, an enormous figure with tan skin, broad, spiked shoulders and a menacing, heavy-featured face spent most of his time quietly sizing up the others in the room, whilst keeping one ear on the proceedings. Jess'la made a point of frequently paying attention to his mood, in case she was needed to 'tweak' it slightly. Gander-Gub, meanwhile, with all of the social graces typical to the Grouliens, was wandering around the room, occasionally standing in front of other representatives and studying them curiously with his beady black eyes. Everybody else had taken seats and were paying attention to the discussions going on.

Jess'la in particular listened intently to the various points raised. She sat cross-legged in a pastel purple dress - formal wear by the standards of a Dahan - and rested her chin on her hand thoughtfully as aliens she hadn't seen before spoke of their qualms about the document she had studied intently on her journey here. Occasionally she made a note on a small holopad before looking up and listening again. Her slender figure could have been mistaken for a human, were it not for the curious purple strand of hair that broke her otherwise-brunette hair, which appeared to be natural, and her violet-hued eyes. Well, that and the large set of white, feathered wings that protruded from her back.

One of the representatives, named 'Ari' Yah' apparently, was concerned about the wording of Article 7 - a concern she had herself. Although not truly telepathic, the Dahanese had the ability to sense the moods of others, and could - through both that same low-level telepathy and specialised, targeted pheromones - manipulate that mood, at least with most species they had encountered thus far. She wondered if that would be classed as an 'abnormal ability', though she doubted it would be considered significant enough to do anything about in the face of a galaxy full of telekinetic gods.

Another alien she didn't recognise was more concerned with the second article. She knew that the Grouliens, the more industrious members of the Commonwealth, were somewhat concerned about that article too. And as this alien continued to raise an issue with Article 8 - an article she knew that the Kasvagorians had strong feelings about - she saw a theme developing. Whoever this 'Hian' individual was, represented a people who had deep trust issues with the galaxy at large, and she sensed that it was for good reason. A quick discussion followed - during which one attendee suggested placing weapons emplacements around the FTL gates being proposed, and the representative called Ari' Yah shot the idea down - after which Hian confirmed her suspicions about their trust issues.

Their hosts then responded to the concerns, with varying degrees of success. When she saw an opening in the discussions, she stood up, brushing a strand of hair from her face and stretching her angelic wings in relief - these seats had not been designed with Dahans in mind.

"Hello," she spoke up. "I am Jess'la - Community Leader of the Dahanese Commonwealth. With me, a representative from each species that constitutes our Commonwealth -" she said, her soothing voice almost lyrical in tone. She then quickly introduced each of the different aliens that had come with her in turn, each one giving some kind of gesture of acknowledgement.

"We thank you for having us here. It is a great honour that you have given us the chance to take part in this prestigious event. We have only a few concerns - or questions, really - regarding the charter," she looked down at her holopad for a second before continuing. "Our Groulien representative has raised a concern regarding Article 2 - we are in favour of, and very much support the notion of, free trade, but what steps can be taken to prevent the stronger economies of this alliance from simply overwhelming the weaker economies?"

"Our second is..."

"Gates are a security threat," Korvok butted in, his massive, eleven-foot-tall frame delivering an unsurprisingly guttural voice. "You will NOT BE..."

Jess'la appeared to concentrate quite hard for a moment or two, her gaze fixated on an increasingly-irate Korvok, who suddenly stopped himself mid-sentence as he appeared to rethink his words.

"What I mean is, gates should be controlled locally, as has been suggested," he said, his tone notably subdued. "Suppose we are betrayed? Suppose a member leaves the alliance but fails to turn over their gates? Suppose a member is conquered and those same gates are used against us? The power to control them is the power to defend against these worst-case scenarios."

"I think my security-conscious colleague only wishes to put all of our minds at ease," Jess'la said, as Korvok sat down again. "That control need not be exercised unless necessary, but a centrally-operated gate system may be slow to react to changing circumstances on a local level." She looked over at the short Grey alien who had accompanied her for a second as though looking for confirmation, and he nodded, which seemed to satisfy her.

"Lastly... there is some confusion regarding Article 7, that I think needs to be clarified," she said vaguely, unsure how else to word her query. She was simply unsure as to its purpose, or meaning.

She sat back down after this, flexing her wings sideways in a visibly uncomfortable manner to accommodate the chair. "Other than this, we have no concerns that come to mind."
Last edited by Planet Dahan on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 pm

Malcolm smiled, he motioned everyone in and welcomed them "Hello and greetings on behalf of the Terran Alliance, its an honor to host you.." After that was set in done, some questions arose, his eyes gazed at Ari' Yah and he smiled with a nod.

"Article 7 deals with in blunt terms abilities that manifest themselves outside of technological means, people with telekentic powers for example, it is to both give us a deterrent. As well as a volunteer force to prevent anyone of those individuals from causing harm to any of our nations, and to establish a classified comparison between their powers and our military technology to better rate their abilities. It is not to single them out, nor to discourage anyone or nation with these people or as leadership from joining us or being discriminated against.

He looked to Tedian and gave a gentle nod of his head, he folded his hands over the desk and sat back waiting for any more queries.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

BLACKGRUE
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 21, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Postby BLACKGRUE » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:30 am

(OOC: I'm kinda busy/tired today. And don't have time to join another thread. So I'm going to be cheap about this one)

Two days after the summet

A Union spacetime-runner class automated craft blinked into existance over Neo Earth. It presented it's identification as the Diplomatic Courier Integrity-3 as it began its descent into the planet's upper atmosphere. Shortly thereafter the craft ejected a landing pod before powering forward and blinking out of normal spacetime.

The pod, unpowered opened its parachutes and began descending towards the city, landing softly right outside the capital city. To any astonished onlookers the craft unfolded itself becoming an 8 foot tall robot, no obvious armaments. The thing's faceless visage peered around a bit as the six legs that formerly made the shell of its landing pod began to slowly walk forward into the capitol to look for this "Terran Alliance"'s foreign secretary.
Wanna open an embassy? Maybe a consulate?
News and announcements from the Ministry of Almost Certainly True Information.
A Class 0.5 Civilization according to this index.

LGBTQ+ rights are human rights.

I am Future-Tech with a Steampunk theme.

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:52 am

Ari' Yah watched with uneasy attention as this new set of representatives had taken their places at conference table of the GESO meeting. This Emepror fellow seemed ok enough, but the representative from this 'Commonwealth' which bore an uncanny racial resemblence to his own peoples, was of particular interest to him. Moreover he was interested in if she was in fact of Eborian blood, for if she was he was hoping to converse with her in private in order to acertain as to who her family was, although seeing only one set of wings she may have been born to an exile or an ex-citizen who opted to live with a lover, still her history was of interest to him. Her companions were of equal interest to him, one seemed aggressive while the others where somewhat docile, or at the very least dormant up till this point.

"Article 7 deals with in blunt terms abilities that manifest themselves outside of technological means, people with telekentic powers for example, it is to both give us a deterrent. As well as a volunteer force to prevent anyone of those individuals from causing harm to any of our nations, and to establish a classified comparison between their powers and our military technology to better rate their abilities. It is not to single them out, nor to discourage anyone or nation with these people or as leadership from joining us or being discriminated against."

Ari' Yah nodded back satisfied with the explanation.

"The Hobbeebian Imperium finds no quarrl with your explanation. With this portion of the Charter clarified I will affix my Seal as a place holder for our 3 Emperors to sign and ratify. During this time we agree to abide by this document and will, in good faith, ensure that its purpose and powers are exercised fully.

After placing his seal against the parchment, he excused himself from the table giving him leave to stand and stretch his body, more notably his six silver feathered wings, which had been placed in a very uncomfortable manner since the meeting had started. With a good stretch made he brought his wings down with a slight amount of force, much like if someone where to yawn widely then allowing their arms to fall with no restriction. He then took his leave of the seating area making his way towards the Commonwealths delegation zone, his hands lower and palms facing outward, so any sleeper guards would see he was no threat. As he got close he motioned towards a chair where he sat and crossed his arms giving the woman a good look over. Her aura was clam and sutble, if somewhat forced. Then it hit him.... the sweet auroma of pheromones.

"Jess'la... your name bears much in the way of similar cultural to our own... There are not to many feather winged races in our fair galaxy. Where are you from? "

Akrid
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Akrid » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:35 pm

BLACKGRUE wrote:(OOC: I'm kinda busy/tired today. And don't have time to join another thread. So I'm going to be cheap about this one)

Two days after the summet

A Union spacetime-runner class automated craft blinked into existance over Neo Earth. It presented it's identification as the Diplomatic Courier Integrity-3 as it began its descent into the planet's upper atmosphere. Shortly thereafter the craft ejected a landing pod before powering forward and blinking out of normal spacetime.

The pod, unpowered opened its parachutes and began descending towards the city, landing softly right outside the capital city. To any astonished onlookers the craft unfolded itself becoming an 8 foot tall robot, no obvious armaments. The thing's faceless visage peered around a bit as the six legs that formerly made the shell of its landing pod began to slowly walk forward into the capitol to look for this "Terran Alliance"'s foreign secretary.

As the pod walked down the road, Ambassador Curtius paused in drinking his morning coffee. He had to shake his head. Turning to the DI Node hovering next to him, he asked rhetorically, "What is it with most Infomorphs and their lack of aesthetic sense?"

"I don't know sir, I am incapable of speculation. Perhaps you should ask Rael instead?"

Curtius nodded to himself, Sevenbe was just a DI. Rael was an full AI and capable of speculation.
Flag by Skulley

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents