NATION

PASSWORD

Roads of Calerby [MT|Noctur|Semi-Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Sylvanea2
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Roads of Calerby [MT|Noctur|Semi-Closed]

Postby Sylvanea2 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:28 am

Rt.Hon. Harvey Brookes, Senator for Halsford
Prime Minister's Office, 14th Lionsgate Avenue, Thaedra
December 12, 2015

It was a cold morning, the Sylvanean winter had begun and this year, the capital was not spared from the freezes. The four mighty rivers that which she was built on were already beginning to freeze, chunks of ice forming on their banks, some breaking off and floating down the river in chunks.

Lionsgate Avenue, what a sight. The road was not asphalt like every where else, no it was a magnificent red brick road which was kept orderly and maintained by the stewards.On either side of the road there was large white painted buildings, with their terraces and roofs painted a deep navy blue; almost looking like a collection of well to do townhouses. But no, here, here was hivemind of His Majesty's Government, the center where it all happened. A blue modern sedan soon appeared from around the corner, a Royal Policeman stopping them and checking for I.D.'s , then clearing them on to move on further down the road, to a house which had two more uniformed officers at the door. The car carefully glided into a street parking spot just outside that house, it's driver getting out and opening the door for it's passenger. He was a middle aged man, just a few years junior of the Prime Minister himself, dressed in a finely crafted waistcoat, trousers and a jacket. The top button on his pressed white shirt was undone, the two sides laying flat against his chest. The driver was a young blonde female from his party, the Conservatives. He was called here for a simple reason; the Prime Minister had called together the heads of the parties represented in Parliament; which was Harvey's Conservatives and the Freedom Party. Harvey grabbed a greatcoat from his seat and wrapped around himself, sternly walking up to the door, which one of the officers opened from him.

The building itself was not entirely impressive, at least not for Harvey who had spent his childhood growing up in the wealthiest city in the Kingdom and now spent hours with His Majesty every night at the Arose Palace in the heart of the city. Perhaps it was a fruit of being the Leader of the Opposition; that and the King and he grew up together. Harvey walked up the stairs to the second story office that served as the workplace of the Prime Minister. A few of his staff walked by him, Harvey nodding his head in respect as they passed. When they reached the office, he turned the worn golden knob on the door and walked into the plush office, the Prime Minister was at his desk on the left side of the room, his glasses over his face and his head buried in a set of papers. When he heard the door close, he looked up at Harvey " Ah, Senator Brookes, thank you for coming. Please, sit down will you."

Harvey nodded and took a seat in one of the dark burgundy leather chairs that sat on the opposite side of the desk from Norman. As he sat down, he undid the button on his jacket, his hands folded in his lap. The two men, ideological archrivals for many years, stared at each other in silence before Norman broke it like a blade cracking the ice "I'm calling for elections Harvey. With the reform passed through the Senate, I think it's time to ensure the system's smooth transition over. "

Harvey nodded " Thank you for informing me. I assume you'll announce it to the press in the morning?"

" Indeed."

" Well then, Prime Minister, I thank you for the informing, but I have some business to attend to for the Senate"

" I can imagine, I would not want to keep you."

The two stood up and shook hands, Harvey quickly departing out of the door and then down the stairs, back to his waiting secretary who was already pressing him for information by the time he got into the car, he finally indulged her, none but a small grin on his face as he said " Call the boys, the Prime Minister is fancying us some elections. We're going to need all the help we can get"

Tuthina
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Ailbhe Uallas cleared her throat a bit in nervousness as she stood before the looming doors. It was a sudden call from one of the assistants under Senator Harvey Brooks of the Conservatives and the Freedom Party, or, as it was more commonly referred to, the Tories. Unlike the vast majority of the indigenous population of the land of Sylvanea, she bore a somewhat darker, yellow complexion, along other things, marking her foreign upbringing in her new homeland—In fact, her very name was a later adaptation with the intention of trying to fit into the Sylvanean society, with her birth name, Warahara Ariba, being too Tuthinan-sounding.

Her garments, too, appeared to be a mixture between the traditional clothing of yellow Tuthinan and Guin people, with a slight touch of Rholnar and Meti as well. It was apparently based on traditional Tuthinan robe, which was made evident by the characteristic flap of the robe on her upper body. However, the long, loose sleeves were removed and replaced by long, soft leather gloves that reached beyond the elbow. The robe was hold in place by a sash around her waist, similar to its Tuthinan counterpart but decorated in blue, silver and gold alike in some form of abstract, stylised pattern akin to what the Guin people traditionally wore. Below the sash was a knee-lengthed, pleated skirt not unlike those being wore by Guin and southern Rholnar alike, while a pair of long boots covered most of the rest of her legs. By her waist there was a Tuthinan blade. It lengthed slightly less than two feet, with a humble sheath made of wood. On it there were little decorations, the most prominent one being silver linings that depicted some sort of crops, as an artistic portrayal of the family emblem of the Warahara clan.

With elements from no less than three ethnic groups sewed together, her clothes looked surprisingly well-fitting and appealing, if a bit overtly official—after all, it might be better to be too serious than too lax, especially since it would probably be the first time Ailbhe meet her employer. After straightening her clothes once more, the Tuthinan knocked on the door before entering.
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

Return to International Incidents