NATION

PASSWORD

VAPOR: Semi-Closed:1906: Of Things To Come WIP

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

VAPOR: Semi-Closed:1906: Of Things To Come WIP

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:45 pm

85 Kilometers from Thelor, Levidius Sea
RIC Maritime Trader Azhuh
April 10th, 1906

Captain Ho stared off into the mists rolling off the archipelago that his men were traversing. Administrated bt Thelor, claimed by Valoria, claimed by the Commonwealths; these islands were a bed off danger. But not from National Navies. No, here pirates ran rampant in small craft, quick raiding in little torpedo boats and taking big hulking cargo ships like his. The mists were limiting his field of view, setting him further into paranoia.

Out towards the starboard of the ship, two shapes solidified. Ho stared at them in horror, watching as out of the mists came a pair of pirate skiffs. The Azhuh was given no time to respond. All Ho could think was why me? Why me?

Prime Ministry, 145 Henri Avenue, Henria
May 20th

Prime Minister Wo Phat threw down the report in disgust. His Minister of Agriculture was startled and began to protest the act when he was silenced by Wo’s calm but powerful voice. “How, dear Minister, does the price of a bag of rice in Camjarca matter to our national security? Does it? Does it? Just last week, we lost an oil shipment between here and Inoroth. Did that rice defend the ship? Will the rice go defend the next ship to go under? No? Then don’t mark it as a National Threat Affair! Now out! Send in the Minister of Naval Affairs.”

The chastened man scurried out of the room, and through the mahogany doors strode the Minister of Naval Affairs, Minister Kublai Xhan. A veteran of both the War of Tschowan Aggression and numerous anti-piracy actions in the Vitus, he bore their accolades upon his chest.

“Prime Minister, it is a pleasure. I do so enjoy these monthly status reviews, much more effective than the old way” said the Minister.

“Bah, how can it be a pleasure? This is but the second meeting since the Constitutional Convention. Now tell me, do you have the report on the pirate action in the Levidius?” inquired Wo.

“Do you not want the regular report as well? On your desk? Okay. From what we can tell, based off ransom demands and search and rescue, the ship was taken by pirates operating inside Thelorian waters. The ship, an Inesean vessel bearing supplies from Cygnar for the Canal, was scuttled after her stores were taken. Her crew was executed when we refused to meet ransom” replied Xhan.

“By God, this is maddening! How can we hope to entice Amplectorian, or even Commonwealth and PDRP vessels to use the Canal if they face death at one end? This is the 5th action this year, and they all have been in or near Thelor. We need to show that we can control our own house and that it is safe to trade with Inesea. We represent stability, order, and peace. How can we expect to achieve this if our people are pirated by these pirates, these pirates who hide behind the shroud of nationhood! We must take action. We must, if not for ourselves, than for the safety of the travelers of the waterways” ranted the Prime Minister.

“What kind of action are you alluding to?” asked Xhan.

“We must secure and protect the waterways leaving the Canal in order for it to be economically and militarily viable. Therefore, we must eliminate any pirate or privateer force in the area. Then, we must establish, and maintain Naval and Aerial bases in the area to further enable the Commonwealths to protect their maritime interests in the area. Therefore, in basic Inesean, invade and, if not conquer, than at least establish law and rule over Thelor and the surrounding Islands” stated the Prime Minister.

“But sir, what of the other nations that have an interest in that area? Voerdeland? Vjiay? Cyprum Xecuii? Fanaglia? How will they react?” questioned Xhan.

“With either no reaction at all, or with support for the elimination of the pirates and brigands that fester in those islands. If it comes to it, we can compare it to the campaigns in the Black Isles. Only Voerdeland and Vjiay will have any real care, but with Voerdeland barely recovering from the Genocide we have but Vjiay to worry about. And there we may find contention, especially since they give the Thelorians and gave the Two Tribes training. But, alas, they will not likely rear their heads here. Now I ask you, can we pull it off?” said Wo Phat.

“Yes, if we rush a Destroyer Group to them. We should be able to, at least in naval terms, handle the Thelorians. My compatriots in the Ministry of Army Affairs and Ministry of Armed Aerial Affairs should be consulted about the going ons on their end” said Xhan.

“Thank you. In two days I will deliver a speech to the combined Houses calling for Armed Intercession in the region due to the recent Pirate Attacks. After that, the shows on. You are dismissed.”

House of Delegates, Nahuatl, Republic of Inesean Commonwealths
June 25th, 1906
Commonwealths Public Radio Broadcast

“My fellow Ineseans, I address you to day with a great sorrow in my heart. A conflict has been occurring for many months in our seas. This has been a hidden conflict, marred and covered by our own reveling for the creation of our new constitution. But our revelry is coming to a close, and with it, the bright light it cast upon our souls. Now, the dark embodiments of conflict and misery rear their ugly heads.

Over the past year, 13 Inesean vessels have been captured, and their crews butchered. No count for foreign vessels has been given. These acts were perpetrated by pirates and brigands in the North Levidius Sea, specifically around the Thelorian Straits. These acts, in the quantity they have occurred, can only be the deliberate actions by an organized force. Given this situation, I request you, representatives off our nation, to declare the pirates a Threat to National Security and to declare war on any and all who support these pirates.”

Main Street, Nahuatl
June 26th

A lone crier boy haggled his wares on the bustling city street. "Extra, Extra, Read all about it! The Commonwealths have declared war on the Pirates in the Levidius! Naval Force ordered from Ixtaccihuatl to supplement forces already there! Extra, Extra!"
Last edited by The Holy Dominion of Inesea on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm really tired

Return to International Incidents