NATION

PASSWORD

War on Colora OOC

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:24 pm

Here is the new thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=246782
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:33 pm

For those who care, I really do not use NSTrackers.
I'm really tired

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:40 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:For those who care, I really do not use NSTrackers.

Why not?
I like it. Instead of countries giving them selves an overrated, over sized, and unfair military it gives a realistic amount.
Last edited by Pandeeria on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:For those who care, I really do not use NSTrackers.

Why not?
I like it. Instead of countries giving them selves an overrated, over sized, and unfair military it gives a realistic amount.

Because it gives an unfair advantage to older nations and is wildly unrealistic. What kind of nation has 6.34 billion people in it? None. That's why I RP with around 300 million.
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

Brick Country
Envoy

Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Brick Country » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:44 pm

It only has populations like 6 billion because it is a make-believe world.
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Brick country wrote:It only has populations like 6 billion because it is a make-believe world.

Or because the nation population system is based on age, entirely unrealistic, not intended to be realistic and therefore unsuitable for use in realistic RPing.
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Pandeeria wrote:

Why not?

Because I RP as a Theocratic Oligarchy, located on a archipelago near Pavlostani and Ungerstan. Which devotes most of he military to naval and airforces. Yet NSTracker gives me a gargantuan army. Trust me, my RP nation only has 2.3 Billion Souls.
I'm really tired

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:54 pm

I'm really tired

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:57 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Do you wan this to happen?

http://www.nstracker.net/compare.php?pa ... =pandeeria

While I would get my ass handed to me, it's still realistic, and makes people actually think who to side with and not just have a country of 6 million have a huge military. Plus if you get a bunch of different nations vs. just him, you could still win.
Last edited by Pandeeria on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Do you wan this to happen?

http://www.nstracker.net/compare.php?pa ... =pandeeria

While I would get my ass handed to me, it's still realistic, and makes people actually think who to side with and not just have a country of 6 million have a huge military. Plus if you get a bunch of different nations vs. just him, you could still win.

My OOC nation has no military budget because I never touch anything gameside. Should I just not be allowed to RP because I'm not interested in answering issues?

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:02 pm

Ovisterra wrote:
Pandeeria wrote:While I would get my ass handed to me, it's still realistic, and makes people actually think who to side with and not just have a country of 6 million have a huge military. Plus if you get a bunch of different nations vs. just him, you could still win.

My OOC nation has no military budget because I never touch anything gameside. Should I just not be allowed to RP because I'm not interested in answering issues?

You should be allowed to role play, just don't go around thinking your "running the show" as to say. And just pick the more powerful or pick on weaker nations. I like realism, and in the real world that's what countries do.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:03 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
Ovisterra wrote:

You should be allowed to role play, just don't go around thinking your "running the show" as to say. And just pick the more powerful or pick on weaker nations. I like realism, and in the real world that's what countries do.

Right. And nations can RP realistically without TrackerStats.
I'm really tired

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
Ovisterra wrote:

You should be allowed to role play, just don't go around thinking your "running the show" as to say.

Why do you think I would do that?

And just pick the more powerful or pick on weaker nations. I like realism, and in the real world that's what countries do.

If you like realism, you'll ditch NSTracker. Populations in the billions aren't realistic.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:06 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Pandeeria wrote:You should be allowed to role play, just don't go around thinking your "running the show" as to say. And just pick the more powerful or pick on weaker nations. I like realism, and in the real world that's what countries do.

Right. And nations can RP realistically without TrackerStats.

Most can. But come on, there are always those nations that overrate and over size their military.

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Right. And nations can RP realistically without TrackerStats.

Most can. But come on, there are always those nations that overrate and over size their military.

So don't RP with them. Ignore them. It's the only way they'll learn.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:08 pm

Ovisterra wrote:
Pandeeria wrote:You should be allowed to role play, just don't go around thinking your "running the show" as to say.

And just pick the more powerful or pick on weaker nations. I like realism, and in the real world that's what countries do.

If you like realism, you'll ditch NSTracker. Populations in the billions aren't realistic.

But that's the nation being unrealistic, not the tracker. If there were countries with billions of people, it gives a realistic number on their military and takes into account things like military spending, population, economy, and other factors and produces an realistic number as a result.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Ovisterra wrote:
Pandeeria wrote:Most can. But come on, there are always those nations that overrate and over size their military.

So don't RP with them. Ignore them. It's the only way they'll learn.

Just ignoring them causes them just to go to another RP and ruin it there (lots of them not even knowing they were). Just tell them a realistic number based in their economy, population, government, and military spending which NS tracker will do for you.

Pavlostani
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:13 pm

Hell, I'm going by the tracker, I like the advantages it gives me.
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Pavlostani
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:15 pm

Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
Ovisterra wrote:

But that's the nation being unrealistic, not the tracker. If there were countries with billions of people, it gives a realistic number on their military and takes into account things like military spending, population, economy, and other factors and produces an realistic number as a result.

But if the data the tracker starts with is unrealistic, anything it spits out is going to be equally unrealistic. So you've basically admitted it's unrealistic.

Sorry, I don't RP with trackers.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Ovisterra wrote:
Pandeeria wrote:But that's the nation being unrealistic, not the tracker. If there were countries with billions of people, it gives a realistic number on their military and takes into account things like military spending, population, economy, and other factors and produces an realistic number as a result.

But if the data the tracker starts with is unrealistic, anything it spits out is going to be equally unrealistic. So you've basically admitted it's unrealistic.

Sorry, I don't RP with trackers.

Here, look at nation population as a hypothetical number. Hypothetically if a nation had said population, this will be a realistic number for the hypothetical nation. Plus in nation states, all that's really different is numbers. If we were in the future where there are 6 billion people per nation, this argument wouldn't be happening. And you can RP in the future, which means a high population is realistic.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Also thanks Simonia and siding with me.

Pavlostani
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Pandeeria wrote:Also thanks Simonia and siding with me.

Ahem. Big powerful nation here siding with you.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:52 pm

Pavlostani wrote:
Pandeeria wrote:Also thanks Simonia and siding with me.

Ahem. Big powerful nation here siding with you.

Sorry, he sided with me and I got to thank him before you did.
Thank you for siding with me but isn't the Dominion your allies and that's why you sided with him? Or did you just say that for RP sake?
Last edited by Pandeeria on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:55 pm

Isn't kind of funny yet sad how this OOC just kind of turned into a chat box (and has far more posts then the actual war thread). Anyone else think so? Just me? :blink:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents