NATION

PASSWORD

War on Colora OOC

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:12 pm

Can we try and cooperate on the blockade? I don't want to have to send many of my ships in order to form one alone. (I know we haven't started, this was just to make sure.)
NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Embassy Request Thread NS section of my wiki-thing Questions?
DEFCON 5. Never forget Z-Day. 1/4/13. 'Corporate Police State' fits just as well as the actual WA category.
There are no magic mushrooms in this nation. Seriously.

Ungerstan
Civilian

Founded: Jun 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ungerstan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Were coming Pav

Pavlostani
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Ungerstan wrote:Were coming Pav

Bug off Inesea.
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm

Pavlostani wrote:
Ungerstan wrote:Were coming Pav

Bug off Inesea.

heh. Anyways, ya'll realize a blockade is worthless till you boo me from my lovely position off the coast.
I'm really tired

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:40 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Pavlostani wrote:
Bug off Inesea.

heh. Anyways, ya'll realize a blockade is worthless till you boo me from my lovely position off the coast.

But it will stop or at least slow down your future forces.
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:42 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:heh. Anyways, ya'll realize a blockade is worthless till you boo me from my lovely position off the coast.

But it will stop or at least slow down your future forces.

Not really, unless you extend your forces around mine, and out of combat range, so 200 kilometers, stretching your forces and making them vulnerable to a pincer strike from my forces.
I'm really tired

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Pandeeria wrote:But it will stop or at least slow down your future forces.

Not really, unless you extend your forces around mine, and out of combat range, so 200 kilometers, stretching your forces and making them vulnerable to a pincer strike from my forces.

But that's the point of a blockade! So certain ships can pass!

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Not really, unless you extend your forces around mine, and out of combat range, so 200 kilometers, stretching your forces and making them vulnerable to a pincer strike from my forces.

But that's the point of a blockade! So certain ships can pass!

The point of a blockade is to strangle another nations of goods and transport. I have successfully blocked that by opening a 60ish kilometer safe corridor.
I'm really tired

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Pandeeria wrote:But that's the point of a blockade! So certain ships can pass!

The point of a blockade is to strangle another nations of goods and transport. I have successfully blocked that by opening a 60ish kilometer safe corridor.

But how to strangle said nation of goods? By not allowing other ships to pass. And we will have 4 nations assisting in creating a blockade. Won't it be at least a little difficult slipping a fleet through?

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:The point of a blockade is to strangle another nations of goods and transport. I have successfully blocked that by opening a 60ish kilometer safe corridor.

But how to strangle said nation of goods? By not allowing other ships to pass. And we will have 4 nations assisting in creating a blockade. Won't it be at least a little difficult slipping a fleet through?

Have you read my post? I am already there. I was there before thou.
I'm really tired

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:02 pm

Pandeeria wrote:But how to strangle said nation of goods? By not allowing other ships to pass. And we will have 4 nations assisting in creating a blockade. Won't it be at least a little difficult slipping a fleet through?

Have you read my post? I am already there. I was there before thou.

Have you read my post? I said I am sending air craft carriers and Virdarians sense you already have a presence there.

Pavlostani
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:04 pm

3,500 aircraft for 3 carriers isn't remotely realistic Simonia.
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:05 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Have you read my post? I am already there. I was there before thou.

Have you read my post? I said I am sending air craft carriers and Virdarians sense you already have a presence there.

Right, and I have CVNs and GMCs. And, if need be, another TF of CVNs and GMC/GMDs could arrive and hammer and anvil your fleet.
I'm really tired

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:07 pm

Pandeeria wrote:Have you read my post? I said I am sending air craft carriers and Virdarians sense you already have a presence there.

Right, and I have CVNs and GMCs. And, if need be, another TF of CVNs and GMC/GMDs could arrive and hammer and anvil your fleet.

But you forget is that Pavlostani, Simonia, Us, and NMK will each be sending naval ships. 4 vs. 1 you might deal damage to a lot of our ships but you will just eventually be over whelmed.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:10 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Right, and I have CVNs and GMCs. And, if need be, another TF of CVNs and GMC/GMDs could arrive and hammer and anvil your fleet.

But you forget is that Pavlostani, Simonia, Us, and NMK will each be sending naval ships. 4 vs. 1 you might deal damage to a lot of our ships but you will just eventually be over whelmed.

Except I am defending a portion of the coast. You are attacking, while passively, the entire coast.
Last edited by The Holy Dominion of Inesea on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm really tired

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:27 pm

Pan, of course I have a military presence on my coast. You mean along Coloran Coast
I'm really tired

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Current War Status:

Pandeeria
New Mushroom Kingdom
Pavlostani
Verbluffin III
Simonia
Akirii
Czechovelkov

VS.

Colora
Inesea
Moloszya
Brick Country
Ovisterra
Kouralia
Redicula

VS.

Nikolaevna (Netueral-suggests peaceful negotiations)

Colora's Current Loses: None

Cause of war: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=246492
The brutal muder of homosexuals through acts such as whipping, hanging, and even burning. Is you support defending forces, Pandeeria and the CPP recognizes you as supporting Colora's actions of hate.

Actively aiding Colora: Inesea - A military presence along Colora's coast. Will cause problems of upcoming blockade between invading forces.

TO EVERYONE THAT WANTS TO PARTICIPATE AND DOESN'T HAVE THEIR NAME ON THE LIST, PLEASE TELL ME VIA TELEGRAM OR POST ON THIS THREAD! THANK YOU!
Last edited by Pandeeria on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Of coloran coast, I believe you mean.
I'm really tired

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:37 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Of coloran coast, I believe you mean.

Edited and fixed :)
But I have to got fix it on the other thread. Thanks for pointing it out for meh :clap:

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Czechovelkov, how is the submarine monitoring?
I'm really tired

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:39 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Czechovelkov, how is the submarine monitoring?

Can't it tap into enemy transmissions? And gather enemy position information with radar and get detailed information on what ships there are?

Pavlostani
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Oh god Simonia, sorry about attacking your fleet! I misread your statement at the beginning saying that you were aiding the Pandeerians!

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:50 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Czechovelkov, how is the submarine monitoring?

Can't it tap into enemy transmissions? And gather enemy position information with radar and get detailed information on what ships there are?

Not Gertrude LOS comms. Or even normal comms since it is submerged. It could pop up and ESM conning mast, but that would make him a SONAR target. And for SONAR, I need to know how he is doing it.
I'm really tired

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Pandeeria wrote:Can't it tap into enemy transmissions? And gather enemy position information with radar and get detailed information on what ships there are?

Not Gertrude LOS comms. Or even normal comms since it is submerged. It could pop up and ESM conning mast, but that would make him a SONAR target. And for SONAR, I need to know how he is doing it.

Yeah, that's also kind of the reason I really hate naval warfare :meh:

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:34 pm

Simonia, when did you do a fly bye of my fleet?
I'm really tired

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents