NATION

PASSWORD

RP Think Tank

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:10 am

Gonswanza wrote:
Aeyariss wrote:
Yeah, it's not everyone cup of tea I guess.

Curious, why to majority players seems turned off whenever they sees "realism" tags?

Because of the annoyance of hard realism being 1:1 with real life, denying escapism through fantasy while also rapidly increasing the skill floor disproportionately against a possible audiemce that has rapidly lost interest due to the lack of escapism present.

If anything it would sound more like attempting to LARP being recruited, but on an online forum. Which, to many players, is no different from actually getting recruited save for some very minor details.

That, and the fact that some of us, myself included, make (magi)tech because we find it to be part of the beauty of escapism. Thanks for the understanding though.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:10 pm

Gonswanza wrote:
Aeyariss wrote:
Yeah, it's not everyone cup of tea I guess.

Curious, why to majority players seems turned off whenever they sees "realism" tags?

Because of the annoyance of hard realism being 1:1 with real life, denying escapism through fantasy while also rapidly increasing the skill floor disproportionately against a possible audiemce that has rapidly lost interest due to the lack of escapism present.

If anything it would sound more like attempting to LARP being recruited, but on an online forum. Which, to many players, is no different from actually getting recruited save for some very minor details.

NS has more of a space-station 13 vibe in terms of realism.

All hail Cargonia!
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

Wolfstruppen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 09, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Wolfstruppen » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:11 am

Howdy fellas, I've returned from a small slumber. I have an rp in the works. Everything appears to be done I just need to post it. It's supposed to be an All-tech rp where OPs fight against the last stand of an oppressive dictatorship in my nation. I have the map and everything just wanted to know if I might have interest.

The ash falls pleasantly on the streets of District 7. The Wolfstruppans were clueless about the situation. Radio silence from the District followed by silence from the military forces operating in the bounds had kept any information from the population. And now silence fell on the streets; silence, and ash. Buildings crumpled, cars abandoned, corpses left soulless. The whirring engine of a transport vehicle rumbled through the streets. The smoke and fog had descended quietly, the fog lights of the vehicle pierced through the facade of ash and dust. The vehicle drove cautiously but with pace. As it turned a corner, it arrived at the once lively District Hall. If it wasn't for the graffiti, broken windows, and failing infrastructure, it would have been more beautiful. Upon hearing the rumbling engines of the vehicle, stragglers exited the hall slowly, carrying various weapons and wearing only basic clothing. The vehicle stopped just outside the once elegant entrance. The fog had begun clearing only slightly. Stepping out of the vehicle, several soldiers carrying standard-issue weapons and gear began exiting. A door opened, and from the vehicle, a human-like figure exited, signaling orders to the soldiers. The vehicle's trunk was opened, and several body bags were carried out. The group began moving into the Hall, carrying the body bags with them. Inside the Hall, the stragglers looked on in curiosity. The human-like figure spoke, and the crowd watched in awe.

"Today marks the end of the Iron Lords. Their presence has long plagued our people, wolf or human. We are done with the oppression of our species, coexistence and equality can truly reign without the yoke of the Lords and their scum.

With our rise, the fall of unfair and unjust rule starts. we shall be at the forefront of freedom and democracy in our nation. We shall forevermore change our course, and begin a new age of peace and liberty.

Our fight for freedom will never end until the fall of the last Loyalist! Until every last oppressor has breathed their last breath!!!"

And the crowd erupted in cheer,

"HAIL KALIBIN, DOWN WITH THE IRON LORDS!!!!"

And the body bags were revealed.

The bodies of Iron Lords Morus, Minfi, and Muur, are charred, and lifeless.

The crowd exploded in violent happiness, firing their weapons into the air and jeering.

The Lords' Fall starts today.

Within the next few hours, the prized Mothership, once a symbol of the omnipotence of the Iron Lords, fell from the sky. Its burned and beaten corpse fell straight out of the sky and landed on Lake Mein. The shockwave of the impact could have been heard at the Iron Lair.

All the districts turned to chaos. Their precious Iron Lords weren't so infallible, so eternal. Iron Lord Marus held onto any remains of loyalist forces in the Iron Lair. Kalibin was free to liberate the rest of the Districts, meeting only small resistance. With every District captured, Kalibin's rebellion gained more resolve, and Marus only grew more furious. Months of skirmishes and a no man's land stretched between District 1 and the outer western bounds of District 2. Loyalists and Rebels alike battled it out for days, weeks, and months. No progress was made. The front became a bloodbath, struck by war and terror and horrifying firefights. Both sides had their hands on advanced tech, making each breakout of fighting turn into a massacre of forces. Iron Lord Marus held out District 1 and District 2, using the manufacturing power of the Iron Lair to fuel his defense. Kalibin had the reserve technology of the rest of the Districts, but his losses were beginning to stack up. Attrition began to take over both sides, and it seemed as though a victory for Marus was possible if he could just hold out longer than Kalibin.

Desperation led to a cry for help. Kalibin made use of the combined District's broadcasting power to send out a message across the universe, and into every multiverse, with instructions for reaching the Wolfstruppen planet.

"With great gratitude am I glad this message reaches you in hopefully good hands. I am desperate, my people are desperate. For eons, we have tried to end the tyranny of the Iron Lords, who have terrorized the Districts, and sent their magic goons to suppress any attempt at freedom. They have enslaved the local human race and used our labor to fuel their corruption and oppression. I have grown tired; my people have grown tired. Finally, the time has come to send the Iron Lords to whatever hell they came from. Iron Lord Marus is the only one left standing, but loyalist forces remains strong. I ask for help, from all who wish to free us. The instructions attached will allow you to traverse to a safe location near the front, where I will be able to convene with you and plan out our final offensive into the last remaining Districts, and finally into the Iron Lair. The travel to our world will only allow you to take a limited amount of force, but any support is needed. I call for your help, please answer, you're Wolfstruppen's last hope."

My nation is FT but we have participated in other tech rps in the past, most notably the late Crimson Tree's rp (RIP CT). I made this rp all-tech because I wanted to make it open to nations from all kinds of tech and I plan on making it balanced enough to where PT and MT nations don't get destroyed and can actually play meaningful roles within my RP.

I've had many troubles in the past starting up rps so I really want this one to take off nicely.
EMERGENCY BROADCAST:

DISTRICT 7 IS UNDER FULL LOCKDOWN... ALL CITIZENS ARE FORBIDDEN FROM ENTERING THE DISTRICT. BE ADVISED: MILITARY PRESENCE IS OPERATING WITHIN THE DISTRICT
NSStats are not canon :) PMT FanT FT

The Return of a Hellish World

A 7.6 civilization, according to this index.
My nation does NOT reflect my views IRL, it is merely my interpretation of a leader I choose to be within my nation.

Federation of Native and Indigenous Cats
Secretary

Founded: Jan 13, 2024
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Federation of Native and Indigenous Cats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:06 pm

Bruh

Federation of Native and Indigenous Cats
Secretary

Founded: Jan 13, 2024
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Federation of Native and Indigenous Cats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:11 pm

Nation states is down

The House of Twia
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 11, 2023
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The House of Twia » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:23 am

Federation of Native and Indigenous Cats wrote:Nation states is down

It's been down for some days. Though, at least the forums are operational.
Another basically quite advanced and pan-dimensional civilization that just turned out to appear. Weird, right?

Turussniya
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 08, 2023
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Turussniya » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:00 am

What happened to nationstates?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents