NATION

PASSWORD

Ponyfication: Toleration & Protestation [IC, MT+1, Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
St Stephan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Ponyfication: Toleration & Protestation [IC, MT+1, Open]

Postby St Stephan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:02 pm

OOC: Hello and welcome to the I.I. simply known as the "Conversion Bureau Affair".

This is, of course, inspired by the ever-so controversial My Little Pony fanfiction The Conversion Bureau by Blaze, perhaps the most unintentionally political thing to have ever come out of MLP.

(Also, it's inspired by this ridiculous proposed issue:)

Title: Toleration For Pony-fication?

Description: After years of painstaking, complicated and highly awkward biological research, your country’s top eggheads present you the fruit of their labour; with some aid of a very sweet-tempered and quirky, yet also very equine-centered neighbouring nation, they have developed a liquid that can turn your run-of-the-mill human into an extremely healthy, extremely intelligent, and extremely cute pony stallion or mare. As obscure as this newest bio-engineering gig sounds, your chief scientists are eager to release this ‚serum‘ for public consumption to create a better, physically and emotionally superior nation.

Validity: Not valid for nations that have outlawed cloning or stem cell research, or who do not fund education, healthcare and environment.

Options:

[option]"This serum is a wonderful, wonderful thing!" says a little turquois pony named Hayflower, formerly known as Dr.Sc. @@RANDOMNAME@@. „It makes your world a bliss to live in. You become fitter, healthier, happier, and if you’re extremely lucky, you can even develop some new, awesome, mystical supernatural powers that can help you with everyday chores. In a way, you can say it’s working the magic of harmony. You really should just add this stuff to the national water supply, so that everypony... I mean every–body can share this harmony.“
[effect] an increasing number of your citizens get to know the amazing bliss of living the life of a magical pony.
[stats] civil rights increases, public apathy increases drastically, happiness increases, crime decreases, worker efficiency increases slightly

[option]"Yes, sharing is quite an important aspect of our culture." says the mystical, god-like regent of your friendly equine-based neighbouring country, swinging her wavy mane back and forth suggestively. „Why, this is also the exact reason why I have chosen to share this unique destiny with your people, my dear @@LEADER@@. We want you to understand why all of my subjects are so content, peaceful, and harmonious. And why your nation has been so... inferior. And perhaps, when time is ripe, both our countries can share even more things... like our culture, our education, our politics... I’m sure you simply won’t be able say no once you have tasted the serum yourself.“
[effect] @@NAME@@ now has the extraordinary honour of becoming a dutiful vassal to its friendly next-door equine empire.
[stats] political freedom decreases drastically, civil liberties increase drastically, happiness increases, size of government increases, social equality funding increases, environment spending increases, education spending increases, social policy spending increases, law and order spending increases, religion and spirituality funding increases, crime decreases, tax decreases, public apathy increases, number of weapons decreases, defence spending decreases.

[option]“Aha! You would like that, wouldn’t you, Pony Princess?!“ shouts your slightly psychotic military advisor, Brigadier-General @@RANDOMNAME@@. „Inflitration by the enemy, that’s what I would call it! @@LEADER@@, we must defend our country from all who wish to take it from us, remember? ‚@@SLOGAN@@‘ and all that? They want to ‚share‘ their culture with us? Well, we can do the just same to them! But we won’t need any stinking serum for that – just our good friend, Monsieur Bayonet!“
[effect] the World Assembly has condemned @@NAME@@ for starting a war of aggression against a peaceful equine society
[stats] defence spending increases , civil liberties decrease slightly, education spending decreases, increasing tax income.

[option]„Now hold your horses, everyone.“ says one of your country‘s leading cancer experts, Dr @@RANDOMNAME@@. „While I have to agree that the equine lifestyle may not be worth the loss of your individual freedoms, we must never forget that this serum is a revolutionary product that refreshes the mind and the body like nothing else. I have worked with many patients with incurable diseases, people who are forced to live in paralysis, or with chronic depression, or in a permanent catatonic state. What will happen if you give those people the option of taking this pony serum? People will live longer, suicide rates will plummet, and all those debates about euthanasia will also be solved once and for all. For the sake of human decency, let us put this serum to a charitable, yet limited use.“
[effect] countless medically disadvantaged people have gladly chosen to live carefree lives as pastel ponies
[stats] healthcare funding increases, social policy funding increases, cancer death rates go down drastically, suicide rates go down drastically, the mortality rate goes down drastically,

[option]“No! Don’t drink it! Pour it away!“ yells a small-built man in a ski mask as he rushes into your office and knocks over your tea mug. „Private @@RANDOMNAME@@ of the Human Superiority League, at your service. I have come to protect you and @@POPULATION@@ million citizens from the unspeakable evil that those horses and your up-to-no-good scientists have brought upon us! I ask you that to let our honourable organisation of tactical freedom fighters cleanse this great nation of those savage talking animals as well as all those intellectuals and hippies who have conspired with their evil ways, to restore the authority that humans had swayed in this land since the beginnings of time! Of course, we demand no money. Maybe just a government post or three...“
[effect] the Human Superiority League leads the government with an iron fist back to former glory
[stats] no funding for education, no funding for healthcare, elections have been outlawed, civil liberties decrease drastically, political liberties decrease drastically, law enforcement funding increases, number of weapons increases, defence spending increases.

[option]“Listen up. Bucko.“ says your brother-in-law soothingly as he gives you a devious back rub. „I’m hearing alotta things about this serum, y’know? Interesting things. You heard the serum makes happy, right? Well, I heard that it does waaay more. The folks are saying that it makes people very laid-back and relaxed, but also well-behaved and nice. Some are even saying people can’t even cuss after being ‚ponified‘, or voice complaints , for that matter. Did you know that? I didn’t. Anyway, that’s a good thing, right? Because... instead of hoofing over power to that phony pony or those right-wing loons... well... I say, indulge yourself for once. You deserve it.“
[effect] the nation of @@NAME@@ enjoys a golden age of bliss as @@LEADER@@ does away with any superfluous freedoms
[stats] no funding for education, elections have been outlawed, civil liberties decrease drastically, political liberties decrease drastically, economical liberties decrease drastically, crime decreases, happiness increases drastically, tax income increases, worker efficiency increases.

While at least a basic knowledge of the TCB-verse is appreciated, below you can find a quick summary of what TCB is all about.

Some time in the near future, the Princedom of Equestria suddenly appears on earth in the form of a remote island.

They came to warn humanity that humans have harmed the world to such a degree, that they themselves are unable would be fix it.

Hence, Equestria's princess Celestia has decided to cleanse the world with her magic, and to turn it into a habitable place once again. But unfortunately, this magic would also cleanse the world of everything human-related, including the humans.

To solve this problem, Celestia organises an equine-human initiative to find a way to turn humans into ponies, so they can too live a peaceful life on the new planet earth.
Those transformations turns humans into ponies, unicorns and pegasi indiscriminately, and generally makes them happier, fitter, healthier, more powerful, and it extends their life expectancy by two or three centuries.
But with that said, it also renders them completely incapable of typical 'human vices', such as getting extremely angry, profane, hateful or dishonest.

Needless to say, this causes a lot of stir among humanity, and soon the people who fervently support this global transformation process clash with those who violently oppose it, namely the militant
HLF, the Human Liberation Front.

Both Equestria's ponies and the 'newfoals', as the human transformees are called, are trapped in the crossfire. A race against the time begins to convert as many humans as possible before Celestia lets her magic take hold.

Similarly to the events in the story, this fanfic caused a major split in the bronydom. While some people see it as a perfectly harmless self-insert story of a human getting the chance to become a pony, other people deemed it as an evil plot of the equines to take over humanity and 'magic' the humanity out of them. Others are actually quite fond of this interpretation, and take a misanthropic stance on the humanity.
Of course, this is not helped by people who write violently one-sided sequels to TCB that feature Equestria gloriously ridding the world of all traces of humanity (*cough* Jennifer Diane 'Chatoyance' Reitz *cough*), and vice versa.

In other words, that makes it perfect Nationstates flame war material!

In this particular scenario, Equestria already exists in your world (ideally portrayed all of those Equestria-themed nationstates), and countless Conversion Bureaus start popping up throughout your country and those of your neighbours. How are you going to deal with it?
Are you going to help them, or scalp them?

Important, please read the following:

- I encourage you to write your entries in extensive and detailed prose (optionally also in the form of official diplomatic correspondence, of course), so that this story can thrive and flourish as it moves on.
- I also encourage you to not hide your personal opinion of which side of conflict you take,
- but I also ask you to keep it realistic all the way (or at least as realistic as you can get in a politics simulator while featuring talking, flying, magical ponies). Handle it sensibly and gradually, as any real-life nation would deal with that sort of thing.
- For humans, there is no magic capability (but there is for equines with horns - and even then, please no 'I'll make this country -pop!- disappear' kind of magic).
- There are also no nukes allowed. No need to blow up Equestria right away.
- And any and all domestic and interior occurences that you initiate in your entries (be it public opinion and reactions, ponification campaigns, edicts, protests, radical parties and organisations, riots, raids, cleansings, mass arrests, etc) should preferably be all restricted to your own borders (not counting international correspondence, of course).
- And there are no OOC-talks allowed except for clearing up storyline-related discrepancies (such as continuity issues) and reminding others to follow the rules.
Spammers and rule-breakers WILL be flagged and deleted. Repeaters will be reported.

With that said, have fun in starring in your own The Conversion Bureau spin-off!
(Here, have some inspiring music that sounds surprisingly fitting if taken out of context.)
Last edited by St Stephan on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:42 am, edited 9 times in total.
Allere Flammam Veritatis Pro Deo Duce Ducamen
Let The Flame Of Truth Shine, For God, Duke And Duchy.
Lazt des Feyer der Worhît flammern, füer Gott, Füerst un Füerstenreik
Sincerely, the Foreign Office of the Grand Duchy of St Stephan.
- Member of the Demphorian Embassy Programme.

ps. Check out this thought-provoking International Incident before it starts withering!

If you feel interested in our nation, please do visit the STEPHANESE FACTBOOK.

St Stephan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby St Stephan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:28 pm

The capital city of Kurgarthn was experiencing one of those first days of true mediterranean climate warmth. Slews of people walked up and down the promenade by the beach as soon as the first orange sunlight rose from the sea, past the extravagant 2nd Empire and Art déco facades of the government and commerce buildings.

Few knew that this day was going to be more than just the start of a new season of the year.

Before the legendary Hotel Nicolaesco, many of the passerbys stopped, bemused by the commotion that brewed on the beach promade across the road. Dozens of interested onlookers eagerly crowded around some sort of provisional platform that had been erected right on the pavement.

Also the police sergeant Andreas Gothaer stopped on his early morning beat and looked at the mysterious construction only a few metres away from him.
'Whoever built this,' he thought, 'must have had winged hands. I'm sure it wasn't there four hours ago.'
Intrigued, he aptly crossed the road, dodging a few cars and joined the rubberneck onlookers, though he couldn't see what was happening up front.
He just heard someone shouting something in a high-pitched voice.

"...And this is the exact reason, why earth won't last forever! Hundreds of thousands of nations, competing for land and resources is not doing anybody any good. Take a number, everyone, and take a form! It's going to be important for re-patriation!"
The policeman hesitated at what he was hearing. He decided to step in. Slowly, he pushed his way through the crowd up to the podium.
"Excuse me. Excuse me! Police. May I ask what's going on here?"

He didn't expect what he saw up front.
A small, lanky pony in a purple coat and a horn on its forehead looking down at him from the tribune.
Shocked, the policeman nervously grabbed his baton in its sheath. He needed a short moment to comprehend this sight. What the hell was that? He was sure such creatures did not exist in these parts of the world.

"Oh, thank Luna!" the small equine sighed.
"Your Lordship must have sent you. Quick, we need to act fast. Here take these bottles..."
Her horn glowed, and suddenly, half a dozen miniscule bottles levitated upwards and flew into his arms without prior warning. Amused, the other onlookers clapped as if they had just seen a magic trick.
"Be careful with those. Every drop counts. Please, distribute all of them among everybody else on your way to the castle."

"I..." the policeman stuttered as he clumsily tried to clutch all of the flasks.
"What is this?"

"Well, serum, obviously." the pony answered and rolled her eyes.
"Come on, stop fooling around. The sooner we start, the more of all those good humans we can process!"

"Process? What?!" the policeman asked with slitted eyes and quickly placed the bottles back on the floor of the podium.
"What is going on here? Who are you? And what exactly are you supposed to be?"

The pony stared him indignantly before bowing slightly and introducing herself.
"My name is Healing Blossom. I am a scholar at the court of Princess Celestia."

The policeman stared on in disbelief.

"Look. I'm afraid I cannot explain myself right now. My friends and I have already set up everything." She pointed a hoof everywhere.
"Over there, we can set up two queues, as well as two other ones over there. Around here, we can establish a waiting area with chairs and everything."

"What. Is. This. Here." the sergeant enunciated roughly and folded his arms.

"Ponification, of course. This is a Conversion Bureau."

For the lack of a better response, the clueless policeman opted to proceed with formalities.
"Well... I hope you have a commercial license for this."

"Well, of course not! I'm not selling anything! Just give these lucky humans a chance to a better life." she said haughtily.
"But what I do have is this." Suddenly, a paper scroll floated onto stage from behind her and uncurled itself in mid-air. Again, the crowd 'ooh'-ed and 'aah'-ed.
"Ratified by Her Royal Highness, Princess Celestia personally. I'm on a quest to convert as many denizens of your kingdom as possible. I was expecting you to know this, seeing how you are a royal guard."

"This is a Grand Duchy, not a kingdom. And I'm not a 'royal guard', I am a Sergeant in the Royal Stephanese Police Force. And right now, you are coming with me. And your friends too." He dictated sternly and picked up one of the bottles.
"And this stuff too. And the whole tribune is gone in one hour. Is this understood?"

"You... you must be joking!" the pony squawked.
"You're supposed to help me with the distribution of the serum and spreading the word. Hasn't your Lordship already tasked you with that?! This is a matter of global importance after all."

"Never heard of anything." the policeman commented sparsely.
"Are you going to come down from there now, Missy, or will I have to drag you off?"

Bitterly, the pony lowered her eyes, blowing some mane hair out of her face as she looked around the equally confused onlookers.
"You know, this will have consequences! You have no idea what you're doing! You'll doom all these humans!"
Last edited by St Stephan on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ps. Check out this thought-provoking International Incident before it starts withering!

Lenisograd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenisograd » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Mokba, Lenisograd

It was like any other day in Mokba. The densely populated, industrial city was loud with the chatter of everyday. People talked about that one guy at work who always at someone else's lunch, about how the wife and the family was, and what the weather was going to be like. But something different was being talked about now. (Secretly, of course. The Guardians wouldn't be happy if they heard people talking about it) Rumors were spreading about a new chemical being developed by some people outside The Green Wall. A civilized people, not like the Kamchatkans or anything, but a civilized people with a government and an army and everything, and this chemical could turn people into ponies. The civilization itself was filled the ponies! And there was no pollution and everything was happy and sunshine and rainbows and apples.

Of course this allusion of happiness and freedom was quickly turned from a nice idea for a TV show to treason. Just this morning a group of people were beat to death for screaming about someone called 'Luna', and the posters with the name on it gathered much attention, as did all the other posters. The people of Lenisograd may not be ones to speak their mind in public, but my God they find ways to get it around. Street criers were the first stage, then pamphlets and books, and now all of them working in harmony with posters and street graffiti! News spread like wildfire across the dense country.

No one could miss them. They were painfully obvious: Their blue and multi-coloured background against the red bricks and dark metal of the city. The all-persuasive police force took them down without saying anything in the morning, as they had to go every morning. After a few weeks without the One Media saying anything, they finally begin to cover the painfully obvious graffiti and illegal posters popping up over the country. The Benefactor delivered a short speech saying that a Guardian-led investigation would take place and that the people had nothing to fear, but people still wondered: Did this have anything to do with the rumours of a new pony nation? Was this proof that such a silly and insane thing was true? And that the State Media and the government was wrong? To the people of Lenisograd the government was NEVER wrong. This made people sick to their stomach. All the years of propaganda and whitewashing were stripped away from some, the idea of proof against the government feeling them with uncertainness and queasiness. People began to believe in the posters, thinking it would be best. People who worked for the Hatcheries and the Schools turned themselves from well respected members of the society to criminals who went on and on bout this 'ponified' utopia of 'Equstria'

This put the government in an awkward situation, especially the Benefactor. Had all the books he read not prepared him for this? Had all the times he had read 'The Prince', 'We', '1984', and 'Brave New World' not prepared him for the test by the people in the time of trouble? He couldn't acknowledge that there were OTHER countries! That idea was insane! If he admitted the government was wrong the entire fabric of society and the government would catch on fire and not stop burning until there was nothing left.

He paced his office daily and nightly while his advisers drank themselves silly over another successful month-long campaign of filling the people's heads with lies and total poppycock. The Benefactor just decided to wait and try to ignore it like his advisers and other officials did. Maybe it would work itself out. The police force was good enough to stop any rebellions or crimes by itself, and since they've been removing the 'undesirables' from the city and stepping up their spying it should work things out. It WILL work things out!

. . .

Won't it?
Last edited by Lenisograd on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Leader: Patriarch Jude IV
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Jacques Hebet
Government: Theocracy
Capital: Ryshavka
Population (RP): 1,382,323,332
Military: 2,710,000

Colonial Wars - Defeat

Member of the Grand Union

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Tue May 21, 2013 12:33 am

Manila International Airport, Province of the Northern Philippines, The New Lowlands.
2:47 PM, Batavia Time.

Border Office Karel Hendriks van Oldebarnenveldt let out a soft sigh as he observed the group of pastel-coloured equines stretching along the International Passports line. Rubbing his forehead, he roughly pressed the green stamp of Visa approval down onto the last man's passport; the Chinese man murmured a polite 'thank you,' walking off.

The first equine to walk up to him did not hand him anything; the cream-colored little horse simply sat there, gazing at him with a faint smile.

"You require a passport for entry," Karels declared.

"I don't know anything about that," she responded.

[ACCESS DENIED], said the stamp, crudely pressed onto her forehead, as she sobbed, walking off.

The second 'pony' to approach him was a bright-teal coloured one. Proudly the unicorn placed a notebook, crudely etched in with crayons, before him. The childish script read 'PASPORT - PRE-APROOFT.'

"This is a crude fake," Karel grumbled, looking up at the equine.

"What? No! It's pre-approved!"

[ACCESS DENIED], the red stamp replied harshly.

The next was slightly odder, with bright yellow... fur?... the word for it escaped Karels for a moment. Her contribution was slightly more impressive; she handed him a passport, one of the Republic of India, and he glared down at the details, checking for a discrepancy.

"You are a man?" he inquired, raising a brow. "One meter, sixty centimeters tall? Brown hair, brown eyes, 90kg?"

The yellow pony blushed, somehow, replying in a feminine, squeaky voice; "Y-yes?"

[ACCESS DENIED], the red stamp responded simply.

More of them came, each with their own little discrepancy;

One approached him with a cactus. [ACCESS DENIED].

Another handed him his passport. "Cobrastan is not a real country." [ACCESS DENIED].

"These are droppings." Karels mumbled.

"Oh? Oh, Yes, yes they are."

[ACCESS DENIED], the stamp replied uncomfortably.

It came to the point when the very last of the equines handed him her passport, and he instinctively reached for the (new) denial stamp, only to realize that everything seemed to be in order. He checked the issuing date; it was correct. The picture was also accurate, as well as the gender and physical description. Almost reluctantly, he glanced at the issuing country, then let out a soft sigh, glancing up.

"Equestria is not a real state," he replied simply, pressing down the red stamp with finality on the pink pony's passport.

[ACCESS DENIED].

Officiele Verklaring der Verenigde Provinciën
Official Communiqué of the United Provinces
Aan het Prinsdom van 'Equestria'
To the Principality of Equestria

To Whom it May Concern,

The Government of the United Provinces of the New Lowlands hereby issues an official protest against the pranksters of the 'Principality of Equestria.' The continued influx of so-called 'Equestrian Citizens' into our nation's airports and harbors is causing much trouble for the employees of the Office of Transport and Immigration, and allowing them to be sent back is causing much expense for both transport companies and the United Provincial Government that is required to compensate them.

We officially demand that whoever is responsible for this new influx (i) reveal themselves, (ii) cease whatever actions they are taking to encourage this most annoying behavior by their quadrupedal associates, and (iii) compensate the United Provincial governments for about half a million's worth of return trips.

If steps are not taken, the Provincial government will discontinue provision of free deportation for the aforementioned quadrupeds and instead sent them to Office of T&I-operated labour camps.

Sincerely,

The Office of the Stadtholder

The Office of Transport and Immigration

Government Square 2,
Batavia, Home Territory,
United Provinces of the New Lowlands.

"Eendracht Maakt Macht!"

St Stephan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby St Stephan » Tue May 21, 2013 9:31 am

It is now 12:00 on Monday the 9th, Central Mediterranean time.

This is Radio Johnkerstad, with the Lunch News Broadcast.

Kurgarthn: The inner town traffic flow was severely halted today due to a police closure of an illegal street sale in front of the legendary Hotel Nicolaescu. Eight suspects were arrested, all of whom were described by both the police and several passers-by as "strange", "foreign creatures", possibly members of the fairly isolated Equine tribes who are primarily found in the eponymous Equestrian States Region. The detainees claim both foreign citizenship and diplomatic immunity, and have called the arrests "unlawful and degrading". According to the Metropolitan Traffic Security Detachment, one of the arrested threatened a police constable with "retaliation [for the arrests] on a geopolitical level". However, the indicated national or international diplomatic reprisal to the arrests is still pending.

Batavia: According to the New Lowland's national news corporation, an unknown number of international travellers has been denied access to the country until further notice on the basis of "mass passport fraud". All accused travellers are reported to stem from the Equestrian States Region. It is unknown whether these cases are in any way related to the arrests made in Kurgarthn earlier this morning....

Mariannenpalais, St Stephan.
12:00 am

The ancient clocktower at the Mariannenpalais, the residence of Duke Josef III, the regent of St Stephan, struck twelve.
A maid pulled the heavy curtains in the smoking lounge apart, and looked down into the courtyard, observing the changing of the guard that was taking place below.

Behind her, she heard her regent harrumping, sitting on one of the sofas, puffing away on a cigarillo and listening to the lounge radio.

"...In any case, the United Provinces' Minister of the Interior has issued a formal warning against any further ID frauds, threatening the accused with internment and charges of illegal immigration and deception of the of the authority of the state.
In other news, the Ducal Meteorogical Society correct this morning's weather forecast - the skies above St Stephan will remain clear and sunny for the rest of this week."

In the distance of the city below, the howling of police sirens could be heard. They seemed to be edging closer and closer to the windows of the Mariannenpalais.

"Hm... what's going on out there, Nina?" the Duke asked and looked up.

The maid at the window said nothing at first. She saw several police and gendarmerie cars rushing up the avenue on Mariannenpalais Hill.
Then she looked up, espying something as it flew directly overhead the window she was standing at, dissappearing above the roof of the palace with an audible 'whoosh'. It appeared to be a small, prisitnely golden aircraft, barely bigger than carriage, darting out of her view like a golden thunder flash.

"Holy mother of God..." she gasped.

"Nina?" the Duke asked nervously.
"Please tell me this was a bird."

Then a deafening clang rang out as the contraption touched down on the metal roof obove them and scraped across it. In the courtyard below, the Guards abandoned their posts and rushed into the building to see what happened up there.

"Your Grace..." she stammered.
"I think something just crashed into the south wing."

The room quieted down, as both the Duke and his maid listened at the ceiling above them, trying to make out what it could have been. Was the police trailing the aircraft? Were there enough guards in the Palace to deal with it?

Shouts rang out from the corridor behind the heavy oak doors.
"Let me through, I said! It is of utmost importance that you let me through! Don't you know whose chariot this is?"
With a thud, the doors flew open, and three small creatures stumbled in, looking over their shoulders and breathing heavily. Then they quickly shut the doors behind them, as if to protect themselves from some unseen pursuers.

The Duke's cigarillo rolled out of his mouth in surprise.

Those low-built creatures... they were equines. One had a horn and was dressed in some sort of red attilla uniform jacket with golden buttons and laces, and two others in golden, Greek-style armour.

The one in the jacket stared at the man on the sofa, and tried to explain himself despite his heavy breathing.
"I... we... tried... to land... on the street... but there... were vehicles... trying to cut us off... and..."
Only now, the stallion seemed to realise where he was and who he was talking to. He immediately dropped on his knees with all four feet.
"Forgive me... Your Majesty... I am... Ink feather... ambassador... to the Princedom... of Equestria."

"Equestria?" the Duke stammered as he stood up, spilling his newspaper on the floor.

"A... word... Your Majesty? It's about... the future... of your country..."
Last edited by St Stephan on Thu May 23, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 8 times in total.

The Soviet League
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet League » Thu May 23, 2013 4:52 pm

(This might be turning out like Papers Please. :#)

Soviet-German border, Western Immigration Offices Branch, Office #1660, Dmitri Lorenski

The guards stationed at the post were laughing hysterically, thinking that the Premier was mad. "Ponies? Hah! I shot one hunting last we-..." A stream of color merged into the dull gray and brown.

A german man walked up. "Papers." Dmitri muttered. Everything seemed to be in order. "Pass. Glory to the League."

"Glory to the League!" He enthusiastically responded. At least we are getting patriotic immigrants. Hmm. Dmitri thought. Then, the ponies, unicorns, and pegasi clopped over.

"Pas...p-port...." Dmitri squeaked.

"Hello!" The pony said, in a female voice. "I need to analyze you. Please give me your passport, then step into the booth." The passport had official printed letters, and where the signatures were was crude chickenscratch.

"You are Szy Crusk?" Dmitri asked. "No, silly, Sky Cloud!" She responded. She stepped into the booth, and Dmitri took an X-ray. Definitely pony.

"Pass."

A pegasus clombered over. Male.

"And you are...?" Dmitri asked. "I am with Sky Cloud."

"Sigh...I asked WHO are you."

"Burger."

"Burger?"

"Burger."

Dmitri slammed a bleeding red DENIED stamp on his hoof. "Guards, escort him out." The pegasus was then forcefully thrown out.

The cycle kept on happening for 50 more ponies. 43 were accepted. The others were denied. Dmitri muttered to one of the guards, "The world must be on PCP and cocaine."

NEWS:MILLIONS OF EQUINE SPECIES HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED. CAN THEY BE USEFUL? FIND OUT IN THE NEXT IMMIGRATION UPDATE.
Workers of the world, unite! - The Union of Socialist Soviet Republics - Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!
Full Name: The Union of Socialist Soviet Republics (USSR)
Population: ~310 million
Current Canonical Date: 2020 A.D
State Religion: None/Secularism
Military Population (Active): 5 million
Military Population (Reserves): 10 million
Total Military Strength: 15 million strong
Not counting non-activated reserves and dependent militaries of individual SFSRs

The Soviet League
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet League » Thu May 23, 2013 5:10 pm

The Premier slowly dozed off in his chair, when a loud rapping on the door woke him up. Two unfiromed guards marched into the room, followed by the KGB Agent Lyzae.

"We...have visitors." He muttered.

The Premier's jaw dropped as he saw his visitors. Ponies....ponies. Ponies!

PONIES!

The door flung open again, and 2 ponies carefully stepped inside. One wore funky glasses and a lab coat, if you can even call it that, and a finely dressed one. "Hello, Premier." The finely dressed one said. "I am Crescent Moon. And he is Thunder. Everything will be explained . We don't have much time!" And with that, she and Thunder plopped themselves on the chairs.

"Okay...po- I mean Crescent Moon...what do you want?" The Premier asked. Thunder stood up and levitated a serum with his horn. "How in the world!?" The Premier asked, amazed.

"Magic." Crescent Moon responded. "Now, we have to discuss an important matter. Humans, will die out eventually. If you want to live, the human race needs to drink these."

"And what is that potuion thing, and what does it do?" The Premier asked.

"It is a ponification serum. It makes you into an equine, if you can say that. A drop if ingested can lead to a complete transformation."

"Okay, let me say this. This....thing, I will allow to people who volunteer. I don't want everyone to be hors- I mean ponies. Now, how are those terms?"

"Agreeable. Oh, and if you don't mind, I am also here as an ambassador for Equestria. Do you have an empty embassy?"

"Yes..."

"Good." And with that, the 2 ponies left the room. Lyzae and the guards were in total shock.

"Well, I guess we now are more diversified. Jesus Christ, what is happening with the world?"
Workers of the world, unite! - The Union of Socialist Soviet Republics - Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!
Not counting non-activated reserves and dependent militaries of individual SFSRs

St Stephan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby St Stephan » Thu May 23, 2013 6:33 pm

Kurgarthn Gendarmerie Headquartres, St Stephan.
12:18 pm

"I cannot believe it!" the purple unicorn shouted, her throat becoming raspy from all the anger she had been displaying inside her cell.
Bitterly, she shook the barred door with her front hooves and peeped through another time.
"How often do I have to tell you, you cannot keep us imprisoned in here! We are on a very important mission, and this concerns you just as much as us!"

The Watch Officer scrutinised her from behind his chair, before nonchalantly popping another mint in his mouth and continuing to read the newspapers.

"Don't just pretend I'm not here! Do you hear me?! Urgh! You humans are all the same! You treat me like an animal just because I'm a pony!"

The door to the prison tract screeched as another gendarme entered the room, much to the Watch Commander's surprise.
"Hey Alex... I thought you were on leave."

The gendarme turned to the Watch Commander.
"You're wanted in the briefing room, Hannes. It seems there is a situation at the Mariannenpalais."

"Alright, bucko." the Watch Commander said excitedly and got up.
"You take over, then."
He threw his colleague his keys as he left.

The gendarme caught them in his hand.
He waited a few seconds. Then, he nervously looked around him before quickly walking over to the equines' prison cell.

"Hey, you. Guard. Will you at least listen to me?" the unicorn moaned.

The gendarme gave her a wary glance. Then he stuck the key in the the cell door and quickly unlocked it.

"You... you are letting us... go?" the unicorn stammered, taken aback by his unexpected mercy.

"Please, quiet down!" he pleaded.
"I will probably go to jail for doing this. But I know it's right!"
He tugged at the door, and it flew open.

"But why?" the mare asked.
"Are you willing to help us?"

"I need your help!" the gendarme said with a shaking voice. He unpacked a bottle of the confiscated pony serum from his pocket.
"This medicine... didn't you say it can heal anything?"

"Yes."

The gendarme nodded slowly, and became somewhat tearful.
"Well, my niece... she is in hospital with meningitis, and... the doctor said, she won't... she won't..."
He breathed heavily. It was apparent that he tried to keep himself from panicking.
"I need your help! My niece needs your help. I think your serum may be her last chance!"

The unicorn put a comforting hoof on his shoulder.
"Don't worry, it's alright. If you let me go with you, I think I can help her! No, I'm sure I will!"
Last edited by St Stephan on Sat May 25, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.

St Stephan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby St Stephan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:20 pm

Ratshius un Senatshius, Kurgarthn, St Stephan
12:14

The office of the Prime Minister, David Hetman, was stale and silent. It was on days like these, slow and uneventful days, that even the Prime Minister had the good mind to turn up as as late as midday.

"Sir, I have a urgent call pending for you. From Mariannenpalais." was the first thing that came from Max, his secretary as he entered his office.

'It's the Duke then.' Hetman throught immediately.
"Alright, put him through."
He snatched the phone from his table.
"Your Grace? What can I do for you?"

However, he the voice that received him on the other end of the line was not that of the head of the state.
"Your Excellency?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Ehm... Captain of the FW. Sir, I believe we may have a situation here."

The Gendarmerie was calling? Hetman didn't even bother to discard his coat.
"What has happened?" he inquired nervously.

"Three individuals have locked themselves in the smoking lounge of the Mariannenpalais with His Royal Highness. They apparently don't intend to harm him, but they have identified themselves as 'Equestrian' envoys. The WBZ has been informed already."

Equestrian? As the ones featured in the news today?
"I'm on my way!" he shouted into the tube.

+++

"Hello? Can you hear me in there?" Hetman shouted through the heavy oak double doors of the smoking lounge. One or two dozen gendarmes, policemen and soldiers crowded around him and the closed doors. They tried to gain entry several time, eventually bringing in two battering rams - but the doors withstood them, like they were enforced by some mysterious force field.
"Hello! Is anyone in there?"

A gruff voice responded from within.
"Who is out there?"

"I am the Prime Minister, David Hetman. I believe you want to speak to me."

"Poppycock." a much posher voice responded.
"His Grace, the Duke of St Stephan, is already negotiating with us."

"My friend, this is a parliamentary monarchy." the Prime Minister persisted.
"Do you know what that means? Believe me, you would indeed wish to talk to me."

Before he knew what happened to him, Prime Minister Hetman was standing inside the smoking lounge, flanked by two pony stallions in golden armour on either side.
Before him, there was a rather unexpected display - there sat his regent, Duke Josef, in his lounge chair, smoking on another cigarillo. He had apparently been calmly listening to a very overdressed pony who sat on a couch across from him.
Both of them turned expectantly to the Prime Minister.

"David. There you are." the Duke said.

"The Prime Minister, I presume?" the pony stated haughtily.

"What has happened here?" Hetman inquired.

The Duke answered his question cooly.
"Well... apparently, these gentle...colts have sought a diplomatic audience with me,... even though by very unusal means."

Hetman glared at the equines.
"I sincerely hope you are aware you will not leave this house with impunity. Diplomatic immunity or not, what you have conducted here is a hostage taking!"

"And we have already issued our sincerest apologies to your Sire for all of this." the unicorn ambassador answered.

This was confirmed by a calm nod from the Duke.

"It's just that we have been granted audiences with only a small hoofful of countries. The Soviet League, for one. And a matter so imperative simply could not be bothered with such restrictions."

"I'm afraid it is that important." the Duke told his doubtful head of government.
"Please, David, have a seat. And you, Your Excellency, would you mind to repeat what you have told me so far?"

"With pleasure." the unicorn said with a bow of his head as Hetman cautiously sat down next to his head of state.
"Gentlecolts... I apologise; gentlemen, let me be frank: The world is dying. My Princesses, Celestia and Luna of Equestria, have noticed in what a sorry state our planet is after having been exploited and polluted by thousands of countries waging war and competing for resources for thousands of years. The situation is grave. In a few decades, it may not support any life at all."

"How does this concern St Stephan?" Hetman asked skeptically.

"Her Majesties Celestia and Luna have developed an intricate plan to save our planet, and secure all our existences. A plan that requires the cooperation of all their world's countries. A powerful magic spell, that will send an impenetrable forcefield rolling over the world's surfaces, and restore our planet to how it was before it was utterly destroyed, removing all the waste and remains that it has inherited from humanity."

"Magic spell, oh please." the Prime Minister commented.

"But, there is a unfortunate flipside to this plan." the ambassador continued.
"Removing all impact humanity has had on out planet invariably also means removing all of humanity from the planet. The force field is destined to let through nothing human whatsoever."
He harrumphed.
"But luckily, my Princesses have found a loophole in the magic, that may preserve the entire human race existence. Hence the need for the afore-mentioned global cooperation. We have sent trained mages and physicians to all the world's countries, with the goal to set up institutions to transform humans into ponies, rendering them immune to the magic."

"Transform humans into ponies? As in... as in temporarily?" the Prime Minister asked.

The ambassador shook his head.
"No. Permanently. But it is not all bad."

"Ehm, your Excellency?" Hetman interrupted him with an indignant look.
"This talk is over."

"What... excuse me?" the pony stuttered.

"Unlock the doors. Now!"

The Soviet League
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet League » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:36 pm

"Uh....we have reports of a spherical object in the Caspian Sea, Captain."

"Is it a Pony Balloon? I thought you were off the LSD."

"Stop making fun of me. Anyways, it is emitting a large amount of a certain magic and radiation."

"That helps. What does it bloody look like?"

"It's a metallic sphere. Looks 80 meters in volume."

"Is it the Death Star? Ugh, send a team with you, Blaze."

"Okay. I will need unicorns and Earth Ponies."

"Your the Sergeant. Go do it yourself."

Blaze clicked off the intercom. It was stormy, and it was a month after the was passed. Humans acknowledged all but the first rule, especially in the military. Most Pegasus troops were in the Air Force, and many Unicorns and Earth Ponies were transferred tot he Navy and Army. Blaze took out his binoculars and looked at the spherical object. Then, a tiny slit of light oozed out of a crack that was widening...a door.

"What can it be?" Blaze thought, before seeing a huge flash, and eternal darkness.

"TSLN Skyr has been sunk by the spherical object, along with surrounding PT boats. No Equine nor human had survived the blast. Incident Report on Loss of Life coming in a few moments. We are now in a mourning state across The Soviet League." The TV said.

A man sat in a metallic chair, looking at the TV. "This is just the beginning. We shall wipe these Equines off the face of the earth!" He yelled, to no one in particular.

St Stephan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby St Stephan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:34 am

The Equine diplomat huffed.
"Is this your final word, Your Excellency?"

"Quite." Prime Minister Hetman answered angrily.
"Who do you think you are? Coming from nowhere, breaking into the Royal Palace, demanding an audience with His Highness, and then have the gall to invite us to what I can only describe as genocide..."

"Now hold your horses, Sir!" the pony diplomat objected.
"Are you really going to accuse us of murdering the human race? You may have forgotten it is our mission to preserve everybody's life! This is a rescue mission, if you will."

"You surely mean 'everypony's life', don't you? You are trying to force us to give away our humanity, forever and ever?"

The envoy closed his eyes haughtily.
"Unless you prefer to be swept from this world by the magic barrier, then yes."

"No, I don't. I don't prefer that! As a matter of fact, I do not agree with your regent's plan on the whole! She has no right to impose such a drastic measure on more than 7 Billion other creatures populating this earth. I will not stand for it, it would be an outright atrocity! I will not force my constituents to discard their humanity. And neither will I let them get swept away by your maniacal regent's magic!" the Prime Minister warned him.

"Don't you understand?" the diplomat inquired irritatedly.
"It is not about you or me, it is about the survival of our species! And every other living thing on this planet. This magic must me implemented immediately, or else every breathing creature on our earth will experience a slow, agonizing demise in the next fifty years. Would you really prefer that instead? The only 'maniacal' thing (as you have sincerely chose to call her) about my Princess is that she is merciful enough to grant you all that choice in the first place. You, Sir, should be thankful."

"I told you that no Stephanese citizen will have any part in this dangerous idiocy. And if you still decide to go along with it, it will be war. I can guarantee you that!"

"David." Duke Josef exclaimed.
"Be careful what you are saying. I understand you do not agree with this, but we obviously do not have a choice."

"What are you talking about, Sir?!" the Prime Minister inquired.

"I have seen the deterioration of St Stephan's environment. Deforestation, exhaust emissions, utilizing toxic materials in the soil... at this rate, it will be all over in 50 years. The Equestrian envoy is unfortunately right. We may not have a choice."

Prime Minister Hetman could not believe what he heard.
"Sir, you aren't agreeing with this, are you?"

The regent answered calmly.
"I would rather give away my humanity than the life and wellbeing of my grandchildren. What about you, Mr Hetman?"

"I will protect the integrity of this country's citizens. And no foreign power will try and impose their will at the cost of our wellbeing. I know I would not be able to live my life without hands, down on all fours!" the Prime Minister objected, nervously inspecting his hands as he talked.

"Once again, it's not about you, Prime Minister." the Equine reminded him, moderately offended.

"This is a unique chance to save this planet's hospitability once and for all. Well will profit from it over generations." the Duke explained.

"Would you really burden humanity with such a radical measure? For an utterly unprecedented change in species?"

"Hard times call for hard arrangements. We have to adapt to anything that guarantees our survival. For the greater good of everyone."

"What if they don't want to? You are aware we couldn't make them, as a democracy. There will always be someone out there who will not want to spend his life a pony!"

"It is all based on choice." the Equestrian diplomat argumented. "If they don't want to transform, leave them."

"Yes, leave them to be crushed under a force field and forgotten? Simply kill a few million people like it's no big deal? I don't think so."
The Prime Minister stood up.
"I will now hand you and your companions over to the St Stephan Military Police. You will be brought back to your nation eventually, provided that you really do enjoy diplomatic immunity like you claim to. And I myself will call for an international intervention against your regent's plans, to ensure humanity's survival as a species."

"And I, Prime Minister..."
The Duke rose up from his own chair
"Will not let go of these plans just yet. On behalf of the Principality of Equestria, I will make use of the Stephanese Royal Prerogative and sponsor a bill on ponification to be submitted to the Houses of Parliament. Let the delegates and the elected representatives of the Stephanese citizens decide over the faith of our nation."

"You cannot be serious, Sir!" the PM Hetman growled.
"Even if this bill would be admitted, it would never be passed."

"Let the people of St Stephan be the judge of that, Prime Minister. Seeing how it was your administration that legalised Right To Death, I thought you would understand that."

The unicorn diplomat sighed and let go of the doors with his magic grip. They slowly opened as the police came pouring in to apprehend the three equines.
Meanwhile, the Duke and the Prime Minister exchanged a series of unkind glances before leaving the smoking lounge in a huff, to commit to their respective tasks.
Last edited by St Stephan on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Democratic Nation of Unovia
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Nation of Unovia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:38 am

OOC:Are you guys Bronies?
Minister of Operations of New World Union! TG me for Regional Information!
As a Map Maker, I help many Regions Current Region assisting: NextGen Roleplay.
If you want my assistance with Real World Maps, please TG me.
Loyal to New World Union

St Stephan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby St Stephan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:16 pm

The Democratic Nation of Unovia wrote:OOC:Are you guys Bronies?

OOC: No OOC talks, please.
Also, yes and no. It's, first and foremost, a political scenario.

St Stephan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby St Stephan » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:32 pm

St Mary's Emergency Clinic, Hüeglland, St Stephan
12:56

The sweating man in the police uniform glanced through the glass door into the small patient room.
"There she is. My niece. The doctors have given her about a month. Four weeks, give or take."

The unicorn Healing Blossom looked up at him hopefully.
"I know it's going to be tough. But this serum will rewrite the health of her body completely. All the sickness, the weakness, will be gone. And you said that there isn't anything else that can help her?"

The policeman shook his head.
"How long would this... ponyfication take?"

"Only thirty minutes or so. It will be over before you even know it." she said and smiled warmly.

"Good. And there is no risk?"

"No risk."

---

Nobody, neither the doctors that had fruitlessly been trying to treat the nine year-old girl only a few hours ago, nor the parents, who had spent the night in the hospital at her daughter's side, noticed when the policeman let the rose-coloured pony into her room, carrying a small flask of blue liquid in her mouth.

When the unicorn saw the human girl, reddened and weak, wasting away from he dangerous disease, lying on her bed, she combed her blond hair with a hoof and placed the bottle next to her, carefully unscrewing it with her magic.

Outside, the policeman stood guard outside, leaning on the door, refusing to look what was happening behind him.

In the nursery ward down the corridor, the nurses only noticed something was off when the heart rate measurements for the little girl in room 5 began to go awry in an instant. At first, the measures went through the roof, showing her heart beating uncontrollably and giving out repeatedly, before suddenly flatlining for five, ten seconds. Then it started beating again, like nothing had ever happened.
But by that time, the nurses had already made their way down the corridor, to the room of the little girl, only to be stopped by her erratic policeman uncle, who refused to let them in, no matte rhow much they pleaded that her life was at stake.

All they saw from the mysterious procedure was a strange blue light tainting the room. Then it was over.

When the nurses, the doctors, a few security guards and the policeman entered the room a couple of minutes later, they found that, instead of the little nine year-old girl with the short blond hair, there was now a small, pale-red pegasus lying in her place, sleeping peacefully, even though her life-keeping medicine infusions had become unplugged.

With a visibly alleviated expression, the rose unicorn next to her bed sealed the now empty serum flask.
"It is done. She is healthy."

---

It is now 20:00 on Monday the 9th, Central Mediterranean time.

This is Radio Johnkerstad, with the Day-In-Retrospect Dinner Broadcast.

Hüeglland: Today, a wonder has moved the country.
Annette Gehl, aged nine, has been lying in hospital with severe meningitis for almost two weeks - doctors had projected that she only had a handful of weeks to live - but was miraculously healed from her disease by an equine, a unicorn by the name of Healing Blossom, an Equestrian States region native, who utilised a unique cure that transformed the ill girl's body into that of an pegasus - a pony with wings - and that way restoring her health and condition completely.
The heroic equine had been arrested along with seven fellow ponies in Kurgarthn in front of the Nicolaescu Hotel earlier today after what the police had described as an "illegal street sale", but was busted out of her cell by the ill girl's uncle, a police constable who preferred to stay anonymous, and brought to the nearby St Mary's Emergency Clinic in Hüeglland so she could try out her remedies on his dying niece.
This bold move ended up saving the girl, but was still very dangerous and illegal, according to the hospital administration, seeing how this was doine without the knowledge of a doctor or the police. Both the equine and the girl's uncle were arrested in the aftermath and would face trial for their negligent behaviour, although at least the former has good chances of being transferred to her homeland of Equestria.
The process of "ponifycation", which was used as the cure, has proven itself to be a highly controversial topic in political terms today, with even Duke Josef and Prime Minister David Hetman earnestly expressing their opinions on it.
More about this topic after this short intermission...

Haichianga
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Haichianga » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:36 am

Ismalli haichianga.
Osama al-nubi was the rida's advisor at about noon he was being drived to yichido for the rida's speech but a crowd of countless numbers blocking the highway.

"-sadly the only way to end this tyranny is to remove humans, But that does not mean your end for if you drink these." a white unicorn said while using magic to pull out bottle of serum. Osama was shocked when he saw such a creature, he walked closer to the figure. "excuse me... Pardon.... Pardon me.... What is going on here?" "hello" the pony said "and who are you?" "Osama al-nubi: advisor of the rida." Osama replied. "oh perfect can you tell the rida to inform your leader." the pony said then explaining what was going on.

"um ok first off this is a fascist dictatorship not a kingdom and the rida is the leader of this land." Osama said. "but I will tell the rida." osama then went back to his lemo and the crowd moved out of it's way for him to pass.

Blasphemy? he thought as the lemo pulled up to the yem quadelmon: where the rida gives his public speeches. "LEM PELNAM, LEM TAIKOKU, LEM RIDA!" the rida: Mohammad rashun said. The crowds there gave the fascist salute yelling "HEIL RIDA". Shortly after Mohammad came to his advisor with a disappointed look. "why were you late?" he asked. "a.... Pony.. In Ismalli... Serum..... Ponification." Osama replied breathing heavily. "um...... AHAHHAHAHAHAHA! Thats a good joke fantastic job Osama!" Mohammad exclaimed laughing he then left.

I thought he wouldn't believe me. Osama thought.
Current president: Barack Limongi of the republican party
Haichian Communist revolution: Peace treaty signed
Davinhia friendly
Dragohia Disputes
Nguni Xhosa Major disputes.
Dec-landWar possible
Ghondra makes cool rps.
Economic Left/Right: -1.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.87

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents