NATION

PASSWORD

Earth II [Main Thread | OOC | Open RP]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pyschotika
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 08, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pyschotika » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:43 am

Speaking of...

Could we speak about the specifics on what you sat up with your air bases in the area I claimed? Most pertinently the terms on the leasing. I'm aware that any disturbances physically close to the bases won't really affect nor interact with Layartebian assets/forces, and post-War I don't exactly have any plans to poop on the leases - but rather just want a better understanding for the interim. (If you've got a link, I will gladly read through stuff!!)

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:44 am

Pyschotika wrote:Speaking of...

Could we speak about the specifics on what you sat up with your air bases in the area I claimed? Most pertinently the terms on the leasing. I'm aware that any disturbances physically close to the bases won't really affect nor interact with Layartebian assets/forces, and post-War I don't exactly have any plans to poop on the leases - but rather just want a better understanding for the interim. (If you've got a link, I will gladly read through stuff!!)

I can just TG you the information it's ready had.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

Pyschotika
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pyschotika » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:50 am

Layarteb wrote:
Pyschotika wrote:Speaking of...

I can just TG you the information it's ready had.

Go ahead, I checked the previous one again - that information suffices some curiosities, primarily want to build up something in my head to get a dialogue going between Batman and R'as al Ghul, y' know. (Not literally, but the door's open maybe...)

Pyschotika
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pyschotika » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:51 am

Oh and that information I did know about from the previous TG, I meant to inquire on the thread or posts that it was established through - and what terms were met between the EoL and the two separate Governments. (Lacoze and Mega Albania).

Pyschotika
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pyschotika » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:17 pm

Thank you very much for the info, btw, and sorry - had been sort of replying to the TG's here for some reason. >_>

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:01 am

RomeW/Brydog/Pyschotika - just a fresh reminder - the clock will technically run out Saturday evening and Sunday morning, respectively - so let's group it together and say Sunday morning - 02:06 EDT. So when I wake up Sunday....

Also @ HNM/Byzantium - same goes, the extension is rapidly dwindling out on you guys for the contestation thread
Last edited by Layarteb on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Khorsun
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Khorsun » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:56 am

Long delayed post up in Wrath of the Resolute. Next up, Wheel of Fire.
Hal Tabalkha dhala Mozhana Khorsunatum [The Republic of the Khorsuni Nation]
Rekhan Taneltar, Ankhazar and Sukaradar [Conqueror and Protector]
Wrath of the Resolute - Khorsuni War of Independence
The Wheel of Fire - Liberian Intervention and Showdown with Apilonia

RomeW
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby RomeW » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:44 pm

Layarteb wrote:RomeW/Brydog/Pyschotika - just a fresh reminder - the clock will technically run out Saturday evening and Sunday morning, respectively - so let's group it together and say Sunday morning - 02:06 EDT. So when I wake up Sunday....

Perfect time to announce what I was supposed to do a few days ago...and Lay will likely be upset about this but since I've got way too much work to do with my current claims, I have decided to pare them down to a more manageable position (and that's all this is about).

These will be the only lands that I will claim:

-Turkey
-Spain
-Tunisia
-Algeria (new)

Turkey I'm continuing in "The Democratic Initiative", while the others are going into a new thread, where Birea's hunt for women comes to a head.

Thank you.
“ 'Altruism' is the cynic's favourite word- because it represents a goal no one will ever reach.”- Author Unknown
Check out more of my stories

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Okay - adjustments will be made. I guess this nullifies all present contestations. Still though people, the deadline for RPs will remain the same. Obviously RomeW since you have a thread your off of the hook but Psy, Brydog, Averi, tick's a tock's.
Last edited by Layarteb on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:01 am

Application for Full Membership

• Nation Name: Republic of La Plata (currently United Provinces of Bavin)
  • Demonym: Platinean (currently Bavinese)
  • Capital: Buenos Aires
  • Independence or Founding Date: April 15, 2011
  • Population: 150,000,000
  • Official Language(s): Spanish
  • Government Type: Federal Republic
  • Head of State: General Francisco Diego Velasquez (currently General Ernesto Chevalier)
  • Head of Government: General Francisco Diego Velasquez (currently General Ernesto Chevalier)
  • Official Religion: None
  • Largest Religion: Roman Catholicism
  • Constitution: Yes
  • Economy Type: Free Market
  • Currency: peso ($)
  • Summer Time: No
  • Calling Code: 2
  • Internet TLD: .bav
  • Maritime Boundary (nm): 24
  • Aircraft Registration Code: LP-L
  • Military Size: 1,800,000
  • Special Weapons
    • Chemical: Yes
    • Biological: Yes (Secret)
    • Radiological: No
    • Nuclear: Yes
  • Examples of Previous RPs
  • Reason why you want to join Earth II?: I've recently returned to NationStates and would like to get back into RP. As a former member and ex-moderator of Earth II I have a lot of good memories about the group and would like to be part of it once again.
  • Real-Life Age: 32
  • Fluency in English: Native Speaker
  • Land(s) Claiming:
    • Argentina
    • Uruguay
  • History
    • See Consolidated History as my nation would be a continuation and evolution of the United Provinces of Bavin.

I would post a lot more out-of-application stuff but I've got to go to work right now :p
Last edited by Marimaia on Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

RomeW
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby RomeW » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:22 am

• The Ultimate Pursuit
    • Thread Owner: RomeW
    • Classification: Claim/Story
    • Synopsis: Things come to a head when a human trafficking syndicate from Birea overextends its operations.
    • Miscellaneous Notes: Used to claim Spain, Algeria and Tunisia.
“ 'Altruism' is the cynic's favourite word- because it represents a goal no one will ever reach.”- Author Unknown
Check out more of my stories

-United Kingdom of Great Britain-
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -United Kingdom of Great Britain- » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:45 am

Application for Full Membership

• Nation Name: The United Kingdom of Great Britain
  • Demonym: British
  • Capital: London
  • Independence or Founding Date: 1st May 2014 (Restoration)
  • Population: 100,000,000
  • Official Language(s): English
  • Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy
  • Head of State: HM King William V
  • Head of Government: Prime Minister George Churchill
  • Official Religion: Church of England
  • Largest Religion: Christianity
  • Constitution: Unwritten
  • Economy Type: Mixed
  • Currency: Pound Sterlimg
  • Summer Time: Yes
  • Calling Code: +45
  • Internet TLD: .co.uk
  • Maritime Boundary (nm): 12 Nautical Miles
  • Aircraft Registration Code: GB
  • Military Size: 1%
  • Special Weapons
    • Chemical: No
    • Biological: No
    • Nuclear: Yes
  • Examples of Previous RPs
    • http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=285048&sid=1c9ae6b21a376496025b6f61b44b0234
  • Reason why you want to join Earth II?: I've been active in FT but, as seems to be the case for a lot of people, the vast majority of MT is quite frankly unattractive, Earth II is the exception. I have been waiting a very long time for Britain to become open and can't wait to get started.
  • Real-Life Age: 21
  • Fluency in English: Native
  • Land(s) Claiming:
    • England
    • Wales
    • Rockall
  • History
    • TBC: [-United Kingdom of Great Britain] With permission I'll write up my history after the thread is complete so as to avoid constraining myself if I get new ideas. If this is not possible I will of course provide a history.
Last edited by -United Kingdom of Great Britain- on Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cotland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Cotland » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:59 am

Alright, I'm transferring sovereignty of my Chinese holdings into a NPC nation, the newly proclaimed Republic of Canton. Note that the Republic of Canton remains a Cottish protectorate and hosts a strong Cottish garrison.

I am also dropping my claims to Morocco (Oriental) and Spain (Melilla), although I intend to occupy Melilla for the time being, so put that under occupation. To be RP'd in the invasion thread.

Also, I'd like to change the following specs on my nation spreadsheet page:

Population: 320,000,000
Military Size: 3,200,000 active (6,500,000 total)

kthxbai

• Nation Name: Republic of Canton
  • Demonym: Cantonese
  • Capital: Guangzhou
  • Independence or Founding Date:
  • Population: 79,600,000 (2014 Census)
  • Official Language(s): Chinese, English
  • Government Type: Parliamentary Republic
  • Head of State: Sebastian Jiyang
  • Head of Government: Weng Haizhen
  • Official Religion: Christianity
  • Largest Religion: Protestant Christianity
  • Constitution: 19 March, 2014
  • Currency: Cantonese Ren (CTR)
  • Calling Code: +85
  • Internet TLD: .can
  • Maritime Boundary (nm): 6 NM
  • Aircraft Registration Code: CAN
  • Military Size: Neglible
  • Special Weapons
    • Nuclear: No
  • Territories
    • Guangdong [Jiangmen]
    • Guangdong [Yangjiang]
    • Guangdong [Yunfu]
    • Guangdong [Zhuhai]
  • Economic Rating: Moderate
  • Military Rating: Weak
  • Political Rating: Moderate
  • Summary: The Republic of Canton is a democratic nation that was formed after the Cottish/Layartebian-Sinaean War of 2012. After the war established Guangdong Province as free from the Republic of Sinae, the Republic of Canton was proclaimed after being granted independence from the Realm of Cotland after an interim period of Cottish military rule in the territory. The Republic of Canton maintains close relations with the Realm of Cotland and the Empire of Layarteb, and is seeking international recognition from the outside world. Militarily, the Republic of Canton enjoys the military protection of the Realm of Cotland.
  • History
    • 25 June, 2012: Following the death of President Damian MARINO, Progressive Party leader Sakuma CHOMEI is elected President of the Republic of Sinae with the bare minimum of the required votes. [Edvardus]
    • 16 July, 2012: The Sinaean National Assembly narrowly votes to allow the President to alter national borders at his own discretion. [Edvardus]
    • 30 July, 2012: The Sinaean National Assembly votes to abolish the Legislative Court (defender of the Constitution), and transfer all legislative powers to the National Assembly [Edvardus]
    • 01 August, 2012: The Sinaean Government passes a law making it legal for the police forces to summarily arrest anyone on the streets, as well as making it illegal to protest against the government [Edvardus]
    • 03 August, 2012: The island of Taiwan is handed over to Hi No Moto, causing widespread public outrage and protests against Hi No Moto and the government throughout Sinae. [Edvardus]
    • 05 August, 2012: Sinaean security forces, including elements of the Sinaean Armed Forces, start arresting and detaining protestors that are protesting against the Sinaean Government. Concerned citizens start fleeing south towards the coastal provinces, which are dominated by the Christian Democratic Party (CDP) [Edvardus]
    • 07 August, 2012: The Democratic Sinaean Party (DSP) decides to dissolve itself rather than face arrest as a protest against the ever more oppressive Progressive-controlled Government. Foreign Governments voice their concerns over the "death of democracy" to the Sinaean Government. At the same time, the Cottish government, deeply concerned with the situation in Sinae, starts planning for a possible intervention in the developing crisis, as the Cottish government fears it will develop into civil war if allowed to continue unchecked. To conceal the preperations, the Cottish government announce that the Pacific Fleet will take part in the upcoming October Alliance exercise JOINT SERPENT in the western Pacific. [Edvardus, Cotland]
    • 09 August, 2012: In a response to foreign concerns, the Sinaean Government propose a bill that bans religious groups, aimed at taking down the CDP. A compromise is reached, establishing a Bureau of Religious Affairs which has wide powers of arrest. [Edvardus]
    • 15 August, 2012: The Progressive Government continues its crackdowns, and now have near total control of Sinae. Only Guangdong Province remains under CDP control. Fearing further violence, the CDP leadership in Guangdong requests foreign intervention in order to restore democracy in Sinae and prevent further bloodshed. [Edvardus]
    • 25 August, 2012: A protestor detonates a suicide bomb inside the Sinaean Bureau of Religious Affairs, causing the Sinaean Government to declare martial law and issue an ultimatium to the Christian population: renounce their faith and join the Progressive Party, or face arrest, torture and probable death. As a result, the CDP leadership in Guangdong declares the Sinaean government to be illegal and forms the Guangdong Christian Protection Movement (GCPM) in order to try to protect the millions of Christian refugees that flock into Guangdong. [Edvardus]
    • 26 August, 2012: Prompted by the violent crackdowns that followed the 25 August suicide bombing, the joint Cottish-Layartebian armada start moving into position to conduct operations against Sinae. At the same time, Cottish diplomats reach out to the GCPM and CDP and offer Cottish military support for the CDP, which is accepted. [Cotland, Layarteb]
    • 28 August, 2012: The first shots of the war are fired when Sinaean naval forces sortie and launch a surprise missile attack against the Layartebian fleet massing off the Sinaean coast. Despite repulsing the attack and launching a retaliatory strike, several Layartebian warships are hit and severely damaged, killing hundreds of servicemen. War is now a fact. [Edvardus, Layarteb]
    • 29 August, 2012: The invasion of China commence in the early hours of the day as helicopters and landing craft deploy thousands of Cottish and Layartebian peacekeepers into Guangdong province. The troops are welcomed as liberators by locals and are assisted by friendly local militias. Sinaean forces loyal to the Progressive Party try to resist but are quickly repulsed. A wide bridgehead is quickly established. [Cotland, Layarteb]
    • 01 September, 2012: After a two-day respite, the Sinaean Army reach Guangdong and launch a fierce campaign to kick out the Cottish and Layartebian peacekeepers. What follows is a fierce, 11 day long field battle which sees vast casualties on both sides. Cottish and allied GCPM forces are forced to abandon territory under the onslaught of continued Progressive attacks, but inflict massive casualties on the Progressives in the process. [Edvardus]
    • 06 September, 2012: Following Layartebian use of thermobaric weapons against Progressive army units, the Sinaean Government threathens to use nuclear weapons against the Cottish and Layartebian forces in China. Provoked by the attempt of the Sinaean Government to escalate the conflict in Guangdong into a nuclear one, and prompted by intelligence indicating that planning is underway for a nuclear strike against Cotland itself, the Government of Cotland formally declares that a state of war exists between Cotland and Sinae and double its efforts to bring the war to a hasty conclusion. This includes the nighttime use of Cottish strategic bombers against Progressive political and military targets deep inside Sinae, effectively decapitating the Sinaean military leadership in the first strike. Nighttime bombing continues until the ceaasefire comes into effect. [Cotland]
    • 09 September, 2012: Reinforced by airlifted troops, the Cottish forces stop the Progressive advance and launch a massive counterattack across the line. The Progressive forces, weakened by the Cottish defenses and stunned by the sudden combined-arms attack, wither away and are pushed back. Cottish forces continue to push, taking back much of the lost territory in the coming days. [Cotland]
    • 11 September, 2012: A joint Cottish-Layartebian delegation deliver an offer of ceasefire to the Progressive Sinaeans in exhange for relinquishment of soverignty of occupied areas. The Sinaean government, unable to continue fighting due to massive casualties, accepts. [Cotland, Layarteb]
    • 13 September, 2012: The ceasefire comes into effect, thus ending the Cottish-Sinaean War. The Cottish-occupied zone is dubbed the Cottish Mandate Zone in China and placed under Cottish military rule for the time being. [Cotland]
    • 01 December, 2012: Government powers are transferred from the military to a joint Cottish-Chinese civilian administration focused around the surviving CDP leadership. Work immediately starts on establishing the Cottish Mandate Zone into a proper government entity. [Cotland]
    • 06 April, 2014: The Cottish Mandate Zone in China is formally transferred from Cottish control to a Chinese administration, and the Republic of Canton is proclaimed. The Republic of Canton immediately formally requests protectorate status and military assistance from the Realm of Cotland, which is granted. [Cotland]
Last edited by Cotland on Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:43 am

Marimaia - Military size is 1,800,000 but you have that in the aircraft registration code, would you please switch and put in your aircraft registration code. Otherwise you're application is approved.

RomeW - Thread/claim noted

-United Kingdom of Great Britain-
- You're good to start

Cotland - I'll make the changes to the spreadsheet easy enough but the premade requires a different app. Copy & paste one of the premade stat boxes from the first page. We need the history reflected properly in format with date & name in the right place and in the right style, a physical # for military, two-letter code for aircraft, a founding date, and a currency symbol. See Example
Last edited by Layarteb on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Cotland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Cotland » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:58 am

How about this?

• Nation Name: Republic of Canton
  • Demonym: Cantonese
  • Capital: Guangzhou
  • Independence or Founding Date: 06 April, 2014 (from the Realm of Cotland)
  • Population: 79,600,000 (2014 Census)
  • Official Language(s): Chinese, English
  • Government Type: Parliamentary Republic
  • Head of State: Sebastian Jiyang
  • Head of Government: Weng Haizhen
  • Official Religion: Christianity
  • Largest Religion: Protestant Christianity
  • Constitution: 19 March, 2014
  • Currency: Cantonese Ren (CTR)
  • Calling Code: +85
  • Internet TLD: .can
  • Maritime Boundary (nm): 6 NM
  • Aircraft Registration Code: CT
  • Military Size: 50,000
  • Special Weapons
    • Nuclear: No
  • Territories
    • Guangdong [Jiangmen]
    • Guangdong [Yangjiang]
    • Guangdong [Yunfu]
    • Guangdong [Zhuhai]
  • Economic Rating: Moderate
  • Military Rating: Weak
  • Political Rating: Moderate
  • Summary: The Republic of Canton is a democratic nation that was formed after the Cottish/Layartebian-Sinaean War of 2012. After the war established Guangdong Province as free from the Republic of Sinae, the Republic of Canton was proclaimed after being granted independence from the Realm of Cotland after an interim period of Cottish military rule in the territory. The Republic of Canton maintains close relations with the Realm of Cotland and the Empire of Layarteb, and is seeking international recognition from the outside world. Militarily, the Republic of Canton enjoys the military protection of the Realm of Cotland.
  • History
    • June 25, 2012: [Edvardus] Following the death of President Damian MARINO, Progressive Party leader Sakuma CHOMEI is elected President of the Republic of Sinae with the bare minimum of the required votes. [Edvardus]
    • July 16, 2012: [Edvardus] The Sinaean National Assembly narrowly votes to allow the President to alter national borders at his own discretion.
    • July 30, 2012: [Edvardus] The Sinaean National Assembly votes to abolish the Legislative Court (defender of the Constitution), and transfer all legislative powers to the National Assembly.
    • August 1, 2012: [Edvardus] The Sinaean Government passes a law making it legal for the police forces to summarily arrest anyone on the streets, as well as making it illegal to protest against the government.
    • August 3, 2012: [Edvardus] The island of Taiwan is handed over to Hi No Moto, causing widespread public outrage and protests against Hi No Moto and the government throughout Sinae.
    • August 5, 2012: [Edvardus] Sinaean security forces, including elements of the Sinaean Armed Forces, start arresting and detaining protestors that are protesting against the Sinaean Government. Concerned citizens start fleeing south towards the coastal provinces, which are dominated by the Christian Democratic Party (CDP).
    • August 7, 2012: [Edvardus, Cotland] The Democratic Sinaean Party (DSP) decides to dissolve itself rather than face arrest as a protest against the ever more oppressive Progressive-controlled Government. Foreign Governments voice their concerns over the "death of democracy" to the Sinaean Government. At the same time, the Cottish government, deeply concerned with the situation in Sinae, starts planning for a possible intervention in the developing crisis, as the Cottish government fears it will develop into civil war if allowed to continue unchecked. To conceal the preperations, the Cottish government announce that the Pacific Fleet will take part in the upcoming October Alliance exercise JOINT SERPENT in the western Pacific.
    • August 9, 2012: [Edvardus] In a response to foreign concerns, the Sinaean Government propose a bill that bans religious groups, aimed at taking down the CDP. A compromise is reached, establishing a Bureau of Religious Affairs which has wide powers of arrest.
    • August 15, 2012: [Edvardus] The Progressive Government continues its crackdowns, and now have near total control of Sinae. Only Guangdong Province remains under CDP control. Fearing further violence, the CDP leadership in Guangdong requests foreign intervention in order to restore democracy in Sinae and prevent further bloodshed.
    • August 25, 2012: [Edvardus] A protestor detonates a suicide bomb inside the Sinaean Bureau of Religious Affairs, causing the Sinaean Government to declare martial law and issue an ultimatium to the Christian population: renounce their faith and join the Progressive Party, or face arrest, torture and probable death. As a result, the CDP leadership in Guangdong declares the Sinaean government to be illegal and forms the Guangdong Christian Protection Movement (GCPM) in order to try to protect the millions of Christian refugees that flock into Guangdong.
    • August 26, 2012: [Cotland, Layarteb] Prompted by the violent crackdowns that followed the 25 August suicide bombing, the joint Cottish-Layartebian armada start moving into position to conduct operations against Sinae. At the same time, Cottish diplomats reach out to the GCPM and CDP and offer Cottish military support for the CDP, which is accepted.
    • August 28, 2012: [Edvardus, Layarteb] The first shots of the war are fired when Sinaean naval forces sortie and launch a surprise missile attack against the Layartebian fleet massing off the Sinaean coast. Despite repulsing the attack and launching a retaliatory strike, several Layartebian warships are hit and severely damaged, killing hundreds of servicemen. War is now a fact.
    • August 29, 2012: [Cotland, Layarteb] The invasion of China commence in the early hours of the day as helicopters and landing craft deploy thousands of Cottish and Layartebian peacekeepers into Guangdong province. The troops are welcomed as liberators by locals and are assisted by friendly local militias. Sinaean forces loyal to the Progressive Party try to resist but are quickly repulsed. A wide bridgehead is quickly established.
    • September 1, 2012: [Edvardus] After a two-day respite, the Sinaean Army reach Guangdong and launch a fierce campaign to kick out the Cottish and Layartebian peacekeepers. What follows is a fierce, 11 day long field battle which sees vast casualties on both sides. Cottish and allied GCPM forces are forced to abandon territory under the onslaught of continued Progressive attacks, but inflict massive casualties on the Progressives in the process.
    • September 6, 2012: [Cotland] Following Layartebian use of thermobaric weapons against Progressive army units, the Sinaean Government threathens to use nuclear weapons against the Cottish and Layartebian forces in China. Provoked by the attempt of the Sinaean Government to escalate the conflict in Guangdong into a nuclear one, and prompted by intelligence indicating that planning is underway for a nuclear strike against Cotland itself, the Government of Cotland formally declares that a state of war exists between Cotland and Sinae and double its efforts to bring the war to a hasty conclusion. This includes the nighttime use of Cottish strategic bombers against Progressive political and military targets deep inside Sinae, effectively decapitating the Sinaean military leadership in the first strike. Nighttime bombing continues until the ceaasefire comes into effect.
    • September 9, 2012: [Cotland] Reinforced by airlifted troops, the Cottish forces stop the Progressive advance and launch a massive counterattack across the line. The Progressive forces, weakened by the Cottish defenses and stunned by the sudden combined-arms attack, wither away and are pushed back. Cottish forces continue to push, taking back much of the lost territory in the coming days.
    • September 11, 2012: [Cotland, Layarteb] A joint Cottish-Layartebian delegation deliver an offer of ceasefire to the Progressive Sinaeans in exhange for relinquishment of soverignty of occupied areas. The Sinaean government, unable to continue fighting due to massive casualties, accepts.
    • September 13, 2012: [Cotland] The ceasefire comes into effect, thus ending the Cottish-Sinaean War. The Cottish-occupied zone is dubbed the Cottish Mandate Zone in China and placed under Cottish military rule for the time being.
    • December 1, 2012: [Cotland] Government powers are transferred from the military to a joint Cottish-Chinese civilian administration focused around the surviving CDP leadership. Work immediately starts on establishing the Cottish Mandate Zone into a proper government entity.
    • April 6, 2014: [Cotland] The Cottish Mandate Zone in China is formally transferred from Cottish control to a Chinese administration, and the Republic of Canton is proclaimed. The Republic of Canton immediately formally requests protectorate status and military assistance from the Realm of Cotland, which is granted.
Last edited by Cotland on Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:20 am, edited 4 times in total.

Byzantium Imperium
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperium » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:44 am

How depressing... Now I have to rape Chinese nationals instead of filthy barbarians to establish my hegemony.

The "please help us Mighty Whitey" after decimating them is also an lolwut.
Last edited by Byzantium Imperium on Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:42 am

Layarteb wrote:Marimaia - Military size is 1,800,000 but you have that in the aircraft registration code, would you please switch and put in your aircraft registration code. Otherwise you're application is approved.

Oops, a case of more haste, less speed. Duly noted and changed.

Byzantium Imperium
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperium » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:00 pm

• Hegemony
    • Thread Owner: Byzantium Imperium
    • Classification: Claim/War
    • Synopsis: The Chinese People's Republic moves to reestablish its vast hegemony over East Asia by force of arms.
    • Miscellaneous Notes: Covers my vast claims in East Asia. HNM, get over there as it covers our contestations as well. Primarily 1v1 guys but there's leeway on involvement.
Last edited by Byzantium Imperium on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:36 pm

Byzantium Imperium wrote:
  • Hegemony
    • Thread Owner: Byzantium Imperium
    • Classification: Claim/War
    • Synopsis: The Chinese People's Republic moves to reestablish its vast hegemony over East Asia by force of arms.
    • Miscellaneous Notes: Covers my vast claims in East Asia. HNM, get over there as it covers our contestations as well. Primarily 1v1 guys but there's leeway on involvement.

@ HNM - I'll be waiting for you to reply before I get in my bevy of necessities.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Pyschotika
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pyschotika » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:20 pm

@Layarteb - Fully aware, I had to wait until today to start working on it. Glad to see Rome relinquished his contest officially over my bit, then. Will not disappoint with the post later. :)

@Marimaia - hhhhh-wha? Hiya. Long time, no see. *cat call*

@All - Happy Easter Weekend, and if you don't observe well then... Happy Weekend!

Brydog
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Brydog » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:31 pm

I'm going top post it in a separate or in Pys's thread.
President Erika Stossberg
Vice President Karl Flieger
Wolfenhaller National People's Party
The Liberal Democratic Republic of Wolfenhalle
Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy." - Jorge Luis Borges

Brydog
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Brydog » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:30 pm

• A Walk to Bucharest
    • Thread Owner: Brydog
    • Classification: Claim
    • Synopsis: Hungary and Romania meet with the CEF in secret to establish a backup plan.
    • Miscellaneous Notes: idk my bff jill
Last edited by Brydog on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
President Erika Stossberg
Vice President Karl Flieger
Wolfenhaller National People's Party
The Liberal Democratic Republic of Wolfenhalle
Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy." - Jorge Luis Borges

Pyschotika
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pyschotika » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:50 pm

• Yugo, Hugo
    • Thread Owner: Pyschotika
    • Synopsis: Backdrop into the Slavic Spring; Commencement of the Spring - RP of various Partisan/Protest groups throughout the Balkans, and the ex-Serbian Republic's military movements to unite with these Partisans
    • Miscellaneous Notes: Epic misplacement of what I had typed up, took forever to type up what little I did with how tired I am. (Been up about....22 hours straight now).

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:18 am

Pyschotika wrote:
  • Yugo, Hugo
    • Thread Owner: Pyschotika
    • Synopsis: Backdrop into the Slavic Spring; Commencement of the Spring - RP of various Partisan/Protest groups throughout the Balkans, and the ex-Serbian Republic's military movements to unite with these Partisans
    • Miscellaneous Notes: Epic misplacement of what I had typed up, took forever to type up what little I did with how tired I am. (Been up about....22 hours straight now).

When you do - kindly put in dates.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:57 am

• A Land of Tarnished Silver
    • Thread Owner: Marimaia
    • Synopsis: The current President is far too idealistic, so the more corrupt elements of the government and their backers have decided to try and find a new, more pliable President. Starts March 20, 2014.
    • Miscellaneous Notes: Some people will take silver, others will take lead. Corrupt military strongmen can be very accomodating.
Last edited by Marimaia on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents