NATION

PASSWORD

Earth II [Main Thread | OOC | Open RP]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:40 am

So I will be decidedly unavailable for the weekend, try not to maul one another's faces while I'm gone.
Last edited by Layarteb on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

Khorsun
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Khorsun » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:49 am

Getting my laptop back later today, should be able to get a post up tonight.
Hal Tabalkha dhala Mozhana Khorsunatum [The Republic of the Khorsuni Nation]
Rekhan Taneltar, Ankhazar and Sukaradar [Conqueror and Protector]
Wrath of the Resolute - Khorsuni War of Independence
The Wheel of Fire - Liberian Intervention and Showdown with Apilonia

Khorsun
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Khorsun » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:13 am

The Wheel of Fire OOC Thread

And what's the deal with all the maps I'm finding having these idiotic fuzzy borders that make it impossible to paint dump? Are they drawn this way in the first place or is it something that happens when the file goes through a format or size change?
Last edited by Khorsun on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hal Tabalkha dhala Mozhana Khorsunatum [The Republic of the Khorsuni Nation]
Rekhan Taneltar, Ankhazar and Sukaradar [Conqueror and Protector]
Wrath of the Resolute - Khorsuni War of Independence
The Wheel of Fire - Liberian Intervention and Showdown with Apilonia

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:04 pm

I do hereby and unequivocally claim Belgium, Luxembourg, Rockall, United Kingdom (England, Wales)

Post will be coming within a new thread within the time limit :)
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Hi No Moto
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Hi No Moto » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:57 am

Hey guys, sorry I've been a bit inactive of late. Had some real life problems that really needed sorting out, people passing away, but I should be back now.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:01 pm

Layarteb wrote:
  • To Fall from Olympus
    • Thread Owner: Layarteb
    • Classification: Claim
    • Synopsis: The USSR incites pro-Soviet sentiments in the Republic of Lemnos. The Lemnosian government requests the aid of the Marseilles Agreement signatories inciting a civil war.
    • Miscellaneous Notes: History synopsis; 1950s - 1960s RP; influenced by the Lebanon Crisis of 1958.

FYI - if people want to play in this one - c'mon in just TG me before hand so I know what you're doing.

Those of you following this will take note that within two posts, perhaps only one, I will move out of the rebellion and into the active combat phase. Anyone wishing to take part must talk to me on IRC or telegram me. I welcome anyone else to take part - if not as your nation as something else.

Also of noteworthy information, an update is fast approaching and several of you have your heads on the chopping block. I won't say who of course, I partly take pleasure in the mad scramble of "Not me, not me" that occurs. Regardless, if you are unsure you had best check. Since we have had a lot of activity I feel it necessary to perhaps unforget a lot of the deletions I have forgotten in the past.

Don't say you weren't warned...
Last edited by Layarteb on Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Byzantium Imperium
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperium » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:48 pm

Post up in Arise, allusion of things to come, things that are and so on. This thread will be wrapping up soon and others will be pursued.

On an off note, while I will construct a proper factbook for anyone curious this was the ethnic make up of Ed's RoC/Sinae: 90.8% Chinese, 15.1% Latino, 9.1% White, 5.4% Black, 3.5% Central/South/Southeast Asian, 0.2% Middle Eastern, 0.1% Pacific Islander

This is mine: 91.51% Han
1.30% Zhuang
0.86% Manchu
0.79% Uyghur
0.79% Hui
0.72% Miao
0.65% Yi
0.62% Tujia
0.47% Mongol
0.44% Tibetan
0.26% Buyei
0.15% Korean
1.05% others

1.05% others includes Whites, Blacks, Latins etc. Pot over tea-kettle to say it: The Republic of China is not only majority Chinese but majority Asian, most of those Asians being of the historic Chinese peoples or neighboring nations. The lulz amounts of people who have no ethnic right of existing in China have been marginalized via I won't lie, retcon. China is Chinese, not white.
Last edited by Byzantium Imperium on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pyschotika
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 08, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pyschotika » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:53 am

I'm always overwhelmingly confused as to what is claimable. Are any parts of Greece/Turkey available, or contested right now? I can't recall if pending/contested claims are claimable, in where you will need to RP out the contest over the claim - or if that's a no, and you just move on and claim whatever is free or open. In which case I just need to cross examine the map to claimed/pending list...

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:58 am

Pyschotika wrote:I'm always overwhelmingly confused as to what is claimable. Are any parts of Greece/Turkey available, or contested right now? I can't recall if pending/contested claims are claimable, in where you will need to RP out the contest over the claim - or if that's a no, and you just move on and claim whatever is free or open. In which case I just need to cross examine the map to claimed/pending list...

Simple rules:

A) Claims that are "Established" can be invaded for annexation (i.e. player(s) v. player(s) traditional RP)
B) Claims that are "Contested" can be further contested (contest in the claim/contestation/whatever thread)
C) Claims that are "Pending" can be contested (contest in the claim thread)
D) Claims that are "Occupied" can be claimed per the rules set in the charter (just like anything else)
E) Premade states can just be claimed but you need to pay heed to the established state
F) Unclaimed land can just be claimed with no preset requirements
Last edited by Layarteb on Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Pyschotika
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pyschotika » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:04 am

Alright, so essentially I need to just find out what the status is of the land I end up claiming and RP to the rule that applies each part of the claim.

That's simple enough. Thank you.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:06 am

Pyschotika wrote:Alright, so essentially I need to just find out what the status is of the land I end up claiming and RP to the rule that applies each part of the claim.

That's simple enough. Thank you.

That's the gist of joining in a nutshell. The last update was page 44, there's another one fast approaching but when it will happen I can only advise as quite soonish. There shall be butthurt players and tears when it happens.
Last edited by Layarteb on Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Pyschotika
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pyschotika » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:11 am

I love butthurtery and tears!!

I guess that means I should wait for your update? Also, on a totally unrelated note, I've picked up a couple of firearms the past few months and have been expressing the hell out of my love for them at an NRA-affiliated range out by Omaha. Why haven't I gotten into this hobby sooner? It's such a bad addiction... (I've picked up a Mosin-Nagant, manufactured '43 in Izhevsk. Long Rifle, non-hexagonal receiver of course. Great gun, especially for the price and cost of ammo. Also got a Glock 23, .40 S&W, no real intention to use it in home defense or as my CCW. Both great guns imo.)

Anyway, if the Greece/Turkey Open to All Players bit are indeed still claimable and contestable with RomeW/other respective parties, then I suspect that is the direction I may head soon.

RomeW
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby RomeW » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:21 pm

Pyschotika wrote:Anyway, if the Greece/Turkey Open to All Players bit are indeed still claimable and contestable with RomeW/other respective parties, then I suspect that is the direction I may head soon.

Greece is an Established claim...it just happened after the last update so the next one should reflect that. Turkey is still pending.

Now, I'm willing to negotiatate on both, but they're core areas for me so I'm giving up neither. Partitions are okay though.
“ 'Altruism' is the cynic's favourite word- because it represents a goal no one will ever reach.”- Author Unknown
Check out more of my stories

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:53 am

Q: When will this update happen?
A: Muahar-har
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:29 am

And here commeth the update so no posting anything important until afterwards.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Earth_ Two
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Earth_ Two » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:41 am

Earth II
Latest Update

General Updates
  • Banjamos
    • Given that there was no history submitted, none shall be added outside of player submissions.
    • Removed due to inactivity.
  • Brydog
  • Byzantium Imperium
    • Claims & Contestations added
    • Technically both the original claim and the contestation are invalid so I could return them both to "free" status but then I'm sure both of you will just reclaim/contest so I'll leave them be for now but should I do another update, say in a week, and nothing happens, back to free.
  • Dalmasce
  • Hi No Moto
    • Technically both the original claim and the contestation are invalid so I could return them both to "free" status but then I'm sure both of you will just reclaim/contest so I'll leave them be for now but should I do another update, say in a week, and nothing happens, back to free.
    • Contestation added. This is valid still.
  • ItailianMaifias
    • Claims not added due to no posting.
  • Kalimor
    • Aircraft code can only be one or two letters - please revise and post. Status will not be updated if/when claims complete until this is addressed.
  • Khorsun
  • RomeW
    • Claims updated.
    • Claim is not added due to no posting.
    • Contestation is not added due to no posting.
    • Map updated.
    • Spreadsheet updated.
    • Thread added & claims updated.
  • Terra Reborn
    • Claims updated.
    • Claims added.
    • Map updated.
    • Premade state added. Mahé was added for continuance.
    • Spreadsheet updated.
  • The Alliance of United Worlds
  • Western Averi

Special Announcements
Well 2014 is here and we've put our ninth year behind us, something indeed! There were a lot of changes in 2013 thanks to our new thread. Some of the highlights include new claims maps, a new format to our main thread, a total history revision, and some lengthy (but fantastic) threads. Despite the low membership (perhaps the lowest of any year), we remain a stable and well-rounded group. In light of this, I feel that I should start a goal's list for Earth II for 2014 and share it with everyone.

The goals are small for now but we can add them as time goes – and I would love to cross them out with strikethrough as we accomplish them. These goals aren't entirely on myself – I need your help as our community's members on each and every one of these bullet points. Let's make 2014 a year of true revitalization for our RP! Wouldn't it be nice to celebrate our 10th anniversary in November with a bang and a half?

Current Update: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:40 pm [EDT]
Last Official Update: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:03 pm [EDT]
Page 54

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:52 am

FYI on history folks. The year 2013 is long over so please let's get our history's as up-to-date as possible. The year 2014 is a quarter of the way through, we need this updated and we cannot wait any longer. Those missing all history below have no entries. That means if you CTE chances are strong that you will never be included in the history of Earth II. Those in the second group have history but noted is the last entry you have - let's get them up-to-date please. As you may have seen on the latest update, Banjamos has been removed. His history - since none was submitted - won't get included.

Totally Missing
Brydog
Byzantium Imperium**
Dalmasce**
Hi No Moto
Khorsun

Almost-Up-to-Date
Cotland (Sept 2012)
Eritrea (Nov 2012)
RomeW (2009)
United States of Brink (Sept 2012)

Please Double Check
Itailian Maifias (2013)

** denotes pending member so history will not be taken until after acceptance
Last edited by Layarteb on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

RomeW
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby RomeW » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:54 pm

• The Ninth Crusade
    • Thread Owner: RomeW
    • Synopsis: After the kidnapping of Amigardian Cardinal Aeric Steele by factions connected to the Omega Collective, Pope Adrian VII calls the Ninth Crusade to save him and finally restore order in Amigard.
    • Miscellaneous Notes: Used to claim all the former Amigardian territories- Cyprus, Gaza Strip, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman (part), Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, West Bank, and the United Arab Emirates.

To make the claims work, I'm dropping Algeria and Mali. I'm also going to ask that all contestations go in this thread, though I would also ask if you have any designs on these lands yourself that you TG me so we can work out some kind of compromise.
“ 'Altruism' is the cynic's favourite word- because it represents a goal no one will ever reach.”- Author Unknown

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:58 pm

RomeW wrote:
  • The Ninth Crusade
    • Thread Owner: RomeW
    • Synopsis: After the kidnapping of Amigardian Cardinal Aeric Steele by factions connected to the Omega Collective, Pope Adrian VII calls the Ninth Crusade to save him and finally restore order in Amigard.
    • Miscellaneous Notes: Used to claim all the former Amigardian territories- Cyprus, Gaza Strip, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman (part), Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, West Bank, and the United Arab Emirates.

To make the claims work, I'm dropping Algeria and Mali. I'm also going to ask that all contestations go in this thread, though I would also ask if you have any designs on these lands yourself that you TG me so we can work out some kind of compromise.

Really... Did you even check the math? Because you're so over it isn't funny I won't be adding any claims to any recognized list.
Last edited by Layarteb on Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Estainia
Senator

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:59 pm

I point out that Western Averi is still active and has claim on all of those areas.
The Empire of the Etai
Is a bit of magic your thing, or scientific post-modernism?
Consider joining Rostil today and help build a lasting setting!

RomeW
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby RomeW » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:05 pm

Layarteb wrote:Really... Did you even check the math?

I downloaded the latest spreadsheet...I took out Algeria and Mali to incorporate the new claims...and I came up with 5,937,432.667 square miles.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:11 pm

Readfail on my part - carry on.

/me debates what to contest
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Western Averi
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Averi » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:13 pm

Western Averi wrote:
Application for Full Membership

• Nation Name: Theocracy of Babylon
  • Demonym: Babylonian
  • Capital: Babylon
  • Independence or Founding Date: 900 AD
  • Population: 130,850,000
  • Official Language(s): English
  • Government Type: Theocratic Monarchy
  • Head of State: King Amusur II
  • Head of Government: Cardinal Aeric Steele
  • Official Religion: Roman Catholicism
  • Largest Religion: Roman Catholicism
  • Constitution: No
  • Economy Type: Mixed
  • Currency: host ($)
  • Summer Time: No
  • Time Zone(s): UTC+2 to UTC+3
  • Calling Code: +777
  • Internet TLD: .bab
  • Maritime Boundary (nm): 12
  • Aircraft Registration Code: BY
  • Military Size: 1,005,550
  • Special Weapons
    • Chemical: No
    • Biological: No
    • Radiological: No
    • Nuclear: No
  • Examples of Previous RPs
  • Reason why you want to join Earth II?: Was shown it by a friend, seems incredibly interesting and fun
  • Real-Life Age: 31
  • Fluency in English: Native language
  • Land(s) Claiming:
    • Cyprus
    • Gaza Strip
    • Iraq
    • Israel
    • Jordan
    • Kuwait
    • Lebanon
    • Oman (part)
    • Qatar
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Syria
    • West Bank
    • United Arab Emirates
  • History
    • Year 875 AD: [Western Averi] King Arsidian is killed by Akkadian rebels in the Babel province, and leaves no heirs. In his place, High Priest Durhakal acts as a Steward for the Throne until an heir can be found
    • Year 900 AD: [Western Averi] European settlers originating from England and France arrive in Israel and seize control of the Jewish tribes. They unite and wage a brief war with the shrinking Kingdom of Babylonia and eventually win the war, resulting in the merge of the two states.
    • March 7, 1311 AD: [Western Averi] An prominent Babylonian general named Gilgak claims the empty throne as a descendant of Hammurabi and begins a period of prosperity for the Theocracy.
    • Year 1325 AD: [Western Averi] King Gilgak announces the completion of repairs and renovations on the Tower of Babel and the Hanging Gardens
    • Year 1417: [Western Averi] An Ottoman army nearing Babylon is opposed by a Babylonian army led by King Nabuna. The battle leads to a Pyrrhic victory for Babylon as Nabuna is slain , leaving the throne empty once more, and most of their forces dead.
    • August 24, 2013: [Western Averi] Through advanced DNA and gene testing, Cardinal Steele announces that the Curia has discovered the last surviving heir of the royal blood line, a officer within the armed forces. He is crowned on the 24th and assumes powers as the Head of State.

Forwarded apologies amigo's. If needed, I'm contesting all claims necessary and have intentions to follow through with my previous thread.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:14 pm

You couldn't have done all this a few hours ago, you know before I updated.

Regardless, welcome back WA you do have to contest said claims, RomeW has a thread up already, contestation goes there.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Western Averi
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Averi » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Layarteb wrote:You couldn't have done all this a few hours ago, you know before I updated.

Regardless, welcome back WA you do have to contest said claims, RomeW has a thread up already, contestation goes there.

So how exactly does this work? We have two very clashing plot lines; he wants Steele abducted and some criminal investigation to follow, I have Steele still nice and safe and simply turning control back over to a Monarch.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents