NATION

PASSWORD

New Lands Discovered - New Stradia (OOC - P/MT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Old Beringia
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

New Lands Discovered - New Stradia (OOC - P/MT)

Postby Old Beringia » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:07 pm

OOC Thread for New Lands Discovered - New Stradia

Political Map
1px per mile

Resources

Topographical
Last edited by Old Beringia on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:04 am, edited 10 times in total.
Beringia is back!
The Theocratic Fascist Empire of Old Beringia
"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

[God Empress Alicia Esmeraude Dux Ducis II]
[Embassy Program 2.0 | Survive in Beringia | NS Factbook and Q&A (Outdated)]
[NSEconomy Calc | Map (Outdated) | iiWiki Page (Current WIP) | WikiStates Page (RIP)]
[~~~~Declaration of Intent Regarding Terrorism~~~~]

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:10 pm

No more Messes! :eek:
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Thetopiat
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Thetopiat » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:12 pm

Delete
Last edited by Thetopiat on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
EAT YOUR RATIONS!
NationStates World Assembly is a group of nations ruled by the Delegates and Proposers just don't go there!
Thetopiat ~~~ Topical Utopia ~~~ Alexop After WWIII
Thetopiat Moon Base III ~~~ Thetopiat Moon Base IV

Valtakuntia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valtakuntia » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:56 pm

The soviet motherland federation has a spot on it.
Hallo.

MexSpain
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby MexSpain » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:04 pm

Could we get some land to connect both claims. It doesn't have to be a huge amount just a small amount will do.
Last edited by MexSpain on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:06 pm

MexSpain wrote:Could we get some land to connect both claims. It doesn't have to be a huge amount just a small amount will do.

Or perhaps a high speed rail system ;)
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN

MexSpain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby MexSpain » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:10 pm

We ask this seeing as Kuhlfoes already have large amounts of land. We are not asking for a large amount just enough so that we can connect both claims.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:12 pm

Yah I know I'm just teasing go ahead
Last edited by Kuhlfros on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Thetopiat
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Thetopiat » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:19 pm

It's there.
EAT YOUR RATIONS!
NationStates World Assembly is a group of nations ruled by the Delegates and Proposers just don't go there!

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Of course it is not official until OP decides
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

MexSpain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby MexSpain » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:37 pm

Where's our claim ?

Thetopiat
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Thetopiat » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:42 pm

Genoa has retaken Theosilus.
EAT YOUR RATIONS!

Anglo-France and Western Germany
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-France and Western Germany » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:20 pm

NEW OFFICIAL MAP:

My new claim has been approved by North Stradia

MAP: http://oi50.tinypic.com/2mq42fc.jpg
Join my RP here! http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=228129
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1236681924_snail_transformers.gif

Old Beringia
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Old Beringia » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:55 pm

Will North Stradia be RPing as the natives or will this just progress at the current rate of massive gains?
Beringia is back!

[NSEconomy Calc | Map (Outdated) | iiWiki Page (Current WIP) | WikiStates Page (RIP)]

Thetopiat
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Thetopiat » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:01 am

The Thetopiat battle position is below Stradia, so no.
EAT YOUR RATIONS!

Worldwide MK Ultra
Attaché

Founded: Dec 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Worldwide MK Ultra » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:45 am

As per the Thetopian post here, where they announced that they gave up their original claim to the southern land and handed it over to the Confederacy, the map now looks as follows:

In addition to this, Volcomia has been TG'd by me, which I announced in the thread yesterday; if they don't respond within 2 hours then I'm annexing their land, as they haven't been active in 8 or 9 days anyway.

EDIT: Also, because it's best to have all three in one place, here are Stradia's resource and topographical maps.

Last edited by Worldwide MK Ultra on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
This nation does not at all represent my actual beliefs in any way, shape or form.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:11 am

The North Hall; EWOR
North Wing of the Pyramid; Government Operations Facility
Empress' Security Assembly
Emerald City, Beringia Proper, Old BeringiaWith the Imperial Armed Forces of the Majestic Fascist Empire preparing for war in the colony of Azaiak the God-Empress required a rudimentary assessment of the offensive readiness of Emerald. "Ryan here in the Department of Foreign Affairs relinquished all responsibility to the current conflict in Azaiak to the Department of War and DIII. We're going to bring out the hammer to enforce the no-fly zone and defend the colony."

The slideshow started with a map of New Stradia divided into Regions labeled I through XI. Vespucci began, "Now that everyone is here, our attention will be divided among three zones along the continent for Phase 1 Operations. Azaiak, our base of operations, from here we can maintain aerospace control of Region 1, 2, 3, and 11. The incursion into Insui will being in the Southern Valley and the Northern Mountain Range. We'll be establishing a forward operating base in the south of Region 5, which will give us the ability to quickly deploy to Regions 6, 7, and 8. The naval detachment there has a shipment of arms to disperse among the natives. And the Imperial Beringian Navy will be operating on the coast of Region 4. They'll be assaulting the Guardian Corps efforts in Kuhlfros and in Phase 2 the border crossing into Anglo France."

"As far as extra-colonial operations go, the Warhorse and 1713 will be operating throughout the colonial waters and FP-7M's will be raiding their shipping lanes. Phase 2 begins with any number of triggers outlined in War Plan Deep Blue. But of course Emerald in all these cases must be defended or Deep Blue becomes something else entirely."

Braddock continued, "Deep Indigo. And if that changes even slightly it becomes Burning Blue. And Burning Blue would be the largest show of force you've ever authorized, God-Empress."

Vespucci started again, "But that won't happen we'll make sure of it. Princess Renata DeRoche will be leading Guardian Corps operations in Regions four, five and eventually six. We've estimated the canal construction time at twenty months. Hostilities should be over long before then. The 'Hero of Patria' General De La Warr will be leading Imperial Guardian Corps Operations in Region I as well as overseeing the Imperial Army forces in the North."

Ryan raised his pen and removed his reading glasses before asking, "Just so I know, Deep Indigo is what?"

Braddock, the principal author of Deep Indigo and Burning Blue, responded, "Deep Indigo assumes Emerald was not defended and nuclear strike was successfully carried out over Region I, however all of Crimson, aside from that of Region I, was successful in their operations. After that a complete takeover of Region IV, V, VI, and VII. Then a final assault on hostiles in Region II. Before you ask, Burning Blue is simply the simultaneous use of overwhelming force across all hostile Regions, a deep battle style eviction."

Crossing border into Insui
Imperial Guardian Corps
Azaiak (Beringian Colony)De La Warr planned a two pronged assault on the eastern border of the Insui colony as part of Phase 1 operations in Region I which would lead to dominance of Region I and an eventual invasion of those hostile Region XI nations. A force of 300,000 Guardian Corpsmen crossed the border divided into two Field Corps of 120,000 Guardsman in the southern valley and 180,000 in the north. Supported by Imperial Beringian Naval cruise missile strikes, air strikes and lightning strikes. Artillery from the rear brigades sustained a ten hour bombardment of Insui forces across the border before De La Warr directed the IGC forces to cross the border.

Crossing border into Insui
Northern Mountain Range
Imperial Beringian Army
Azaiak (Beringian Colony)The Imperial Beringian Army was given limited capabilities when operating in an undeclared war. Since the God-Empress deemed the operations in New Stradia largely defensive in nature, the Imperial Guardian Corps spearheaded almost every front on the ground. A single division of 12,000 Imperial Beringian Soldiers crossed the northern border of Azaiak into Insui held territory. First Brigade was ferried into battle by V-22 Ospreys while Second and Third traversed the border by land. LART-II Self Propelled Artillery Pieces, Peacemaker IV Tanks and Black Hawks made the bulk of Third Brigade and Second's armor.

PFC. Halsson broke the relative silence of the border crossing with a halfhearted joke, "The goddamn guardian corps get sent into a valley and we get sent to a fuckn' mountain range."

The soldier opposite responded, "Maybe you'll get to see a lightning strike on a bunker"

In one of Chwen's bits of infinite wisdom, "Are you aware that a valley is a reverse mountain"

Halsson began again, "They take themselves way too seriously. Born of marines and shit, what's the Imperial Army motto?"

The officer in the Osprey added to the conversation, "In the face of adversity, we prevail. Meaning the mountain or reverse valley as Private Chwen puts it."

With the silence the Osprey rocked as if it was about to crash.

"Goddamn piss-poor troglodyte atmosphere, can't even provide us with a comfortable ride into battle."

Squadron IAS-188
Insuian Southern Coast
Imperial Air Service
InsuiFifteen FP-7M's traversed over Guardian Corps advances with the sole purpose of showing the Insui and their allies that the Snow Leopard was not a beast to be trifled with. The DIII and SADM were convinced the southern coast of the Insui had no air defenses whatsoever and offered no strategic value beyond access to the strait, which could be cut off at any time with a simple blockade at the mouth. And if there were facilities that need be destroyed they could. The FP-7M carried a payload of eighteen ATGM's on its hardpoints as well as 53,000 pounds of whatever the Imperial Air Service wanted to ruin someone's day with, usually standard free-fall munitions, smart bombs or if the day was too good to start with, variable yield tactical nuclear munitions. But with the invasion of Insui already underway and the denial of Beringian forces to allow the occupation of the recently annexed claim to its west, the trogs that would die at the hands of these pilots could not be having too good a day.

The ten FP-10 Air-superiority fighters that accompanied were only along for the ride to ferry the FP-7M's to their targets, wherever they may be. But their air to ground payload was just as deadly, napalm. If it wasn't used the pilots would have to dump it, most likely one the backlines of defending Insui forces. They were going to cripple something.

IBS Empress
Former Kuala Darai Colony Isthmus
Imperial Beringian Navy
Eastern SeaRenata DeRoche of Gran Petrovita, the Warrior Princess as High Guardsman Braddock called her, was to lead the Imperial Guardian Corps with intent of taking the isthmus and alienating a whole section of the Kuhlfrosi feralites. She is the God-Empress' distant cousin, they shared a common ancestor in the Grand Duchess Brenda Azkadellia Winston, the former head of state during the First Great War. Even though she held the prestigious rank of General she eschewed the use of the rank in favor of something simpler, Princess. Although it wasn't apparent she somewhat resented the God-Empress for not fighting in even one of her wars, as the last Emperor fought in the Civil War. But she didn't allow that to poison their relationship.

On the deck of the IBS Empress the large Paradise Dynamics engines of the FP-7 Artic Fox roared to life . A flight deck crewman carefully leaned in to check the catapult attachment below the jet's landing gear. With a thumbs up and a final wave of the flight deck crew the FP-7 lurched forward, carried by the steam powered catapult and the massive engines. The pilot looped back around to fly by the deck before climbing to cruising altitude. Fourteen more FP-7's would join it to strike hardened targets along the isthmus, called the Adak Isthmus by Princess Renata. On-board AGM-88 HARM's would aid in the aerial SEAD procedures against in SAM sites and AAA, later command and communication centers. Although FP-7M's, even heavier beasts of the skies, were capable of carrying 53,000 pounds of ordinance on various hard points and in its internal weapons bay it was certainly not carrier capable.

The assembled armada possessed a number of ships including two carriers, the IBS Empress and IBS Robert Fulton. With the FP-7's already clear of the decks of the carriers the naval bombardment of hardened targets along the isthmus and within striking range of the isthmus could begin. From various VLS tubes of almost every capable ship missiles erupted from them and belched their deadly payload into the sky. Conventional tomahawks composed the vast amount of missiles aimed at Kuhlfrosian targets. By now nearly fifty tomahawk cruise missiles arced across the blue sky leaving trails of gold before disappearing into the blue as they rocketed toward their targets. Occasionally a missile would tear through the sea and follow the same path as the other missiles. The fore of each ship was shrouded in smoke and with each thunderous cry the ships of the Imperial Beringian Navy poured more and more into the sky, with intent of blocking out the sun.

As the first part of the assault on the isthmus was initiated by the Imperial Beringian Navy, Renata watched from the IBS Aleutia, an amphibious assault ship. "Those are going to ruin someone's day." Renata turned around to see the captain of the ship looking up at the near constant barrage. Even though she outranked him, it was general courtesy for the woman to salute first. As she began to raise her arm the captain raised his first. "No need, Princess. You outrank me either way." Renata lowered her arm and asked, "Don't you need to be in the bridge?" The captain, over the sound of the missiles, answered, "We're maintaining a holding pattern until we're given the go ahead. I don't sail a dreadnought." The largely blank look on her face, whether it be misunderstanding or genuine apathy prompted the captain to add, "No."

Native Claim
Midland Coast
Imperial Beringian Army
Southern StraitBeringian soldiers hurried onto the beach from the hovercraft. Equipment ranging from tanks and jeeps as well as trucks of horses were being unloaded onto the beach. Since there was no friendly command and control in the area drones were circling the sky above the native land for aerial reconnaissance and surveillance. The dizzying pace at which the soldiers worked to move the equipment onto the beach was only matched by the amount of equipment being moved. First Guardsman Kaythan, tasked with defending the Colonel in the unfortunate event the natives weren't friendly, considering the hasty Anglo France invasion, dismounted from the tank he rode onto the beach. Colonel Haythsson looked up at the enlisted man tasked with defending him and belted, "What is your problem, sling that over your shoulder." This wasn't going to be easy for him.

They all stepped into the jeep as the .50 cal was removed from the turret. Worried they would be riding into hostile territory, Kaythan asked, "Won't we be needing that?" "Yes but not for us to be shooting. You, with the beard, I want the crate labelled weapons demonstration and some tannerite for us to shoot at." Haythsson studied a map SADM provided of the area. Where others could just as easily look at a screen to see their whereabouts he preferred a tangible map at all times. Nearest feralite camp is a little under a klick north. Time to go mobile." Supplies for the natives, tanks, modern arms, to combat the invaders and liberate their brothers were in tow as well.

From the deck of the Huntress II seven FP-7's took off with intent of raiding enemy forces and stopping their advances. Direct confrontation was not going to be far off.

Beringian Naval Task Force
Eastern Coast
Imperial Beringian Navy
Azaiak (Beringian Colony)The Murray Dynasty had manoeuvred its naval forces close enough to bombard the coast with naval artillery. The Imperial Beringian Navy planned to sink each ship in its bay and drive their forces back out to sea. FP-7M's, the Empire's Maritime Strike Bomber were launched and inbound with six AGM-65's in its rotary missile launcher in its weapons bay and eight on its hardpoints for anti-shipping raids on the softer targets. Lightning strikes would be carried out when AWACS could establish some concrete understanding of the destroyer's locations.

With the first few shells landing on the beach ASAT operations were moved up on the list of priorities, before employing lightning strikes to cripple the enemy fleet. FP-10's were launched from the North-West Airfield with intent of shooting down any and all enemy satellites, crippling their communications, GPS, and all hopes of coordination thereafter both civilian and military. ASAT missiles would be launched from FP-10s pointing skyward, the only platform that was currently in New Stradia capable of such a strike.
Yah right... 3 colonial navies are blockading that gulf, bombarding the coast and any ships in there so how did you get out. Warhorse was destroyed, I already have troops marching North and South into Beringia Colony and massive bombing runs have been authorized so there has to be patrol planes. I am not going recognize most of that
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Worldwide MK Ultra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Worldwide MK Ultra » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:38 am

New map, updated to show Ultran annexations and Navorgskan military action:

Last edited by Worldwide MK Ultra on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
This nation does not at all represent my actual beliefs in any way, shape or form.

Worldwide MK Ultra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Worldwide MK Ultra » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:56 am

Straall has been TG'd; if they don't reply within 24 hours then I'll be making a move on them and annexing their land.
Last edited by Worldwide MK Ultra on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:55 am

Terms on the Navorgkan movements have not been met and technically neither of us should have it because it has been a day since I TGd Arkenshia so no should have some of that land until tommorow
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Old Beringia
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Old Beringia » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:29 am

Kuhlfros wrote:
Yah right... 3 colonial navies are blockading that gulf, bombarding the coast and any ships in there so how did you get out. Warhorse was destroyed, I already have troops marching North and South into Beringia Colony and massive bombing runs have been authorized so there has to be patrol planes. I am not going recognize most of that

The entirety of my post was just and I didn't even cross my line into PMT yet. I am not invading your colony on the west coast but the isthmus connecting your colony on the east coast to AF&WG, no where near the gulf. And where are your forces marching to and from? We don't share any common borders. Your patrol planes and bombs have to get here just like your soldiers. If you're not going to recognize most of this pretty standard stuff how am I supposed to react to things like this?

Kuhlfros wrote:KIA operatives are officially active in Beringian Colony, sabotage, intelligence pilfering, theft, assassination. I am not uncovering that spies are in Old Beringia colony I am saying it to the players, a nation can't figure out if a spy is in the midst until something terrible has. Which hasn't. Also counter spies are in our colony. Intelligence will be primary.you cannot say that KIA operatives are doing because only I do. When I say something has happened then counter spies can be in search. My spies are everywhere, 37 in total all living hidden in the Colony, they could be a political secretary or a common worker. 37 spies working to mess with you for a limited amount of time. Perfect
Beringia is back!

Worldwide MK Ultra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Worldwide MK Ultra » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:31 am

1) The map in the OP is broken; the closing [/img] tag has an "m" missing.
2) Valtakuntia: which troops are deployed in which blocks of territory, and how many are there in each block?
Last edited by Worldwide MK Ultra on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valtakuntia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valtakuntia » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Worldwide MK Ultra wrote:1) The map in the OP is broken; the closing [/img] tag has an "m" missing.
2) Valtakuntia: which troops are deployed in which blocks of territory, and how many are there in each block?

250,000 soldiers have been deployed in the first colony I got on the continent (where New hydra and canceron, Soviet Motherland Federation, Ponyville, and the SAC used to be), 25,000 have been deployed on former Phalnia (excluding The Murray Dynasty, of course), and 25,000 have been deployed on former Centoria. I may be willing to sell that land to you now, but it won't be cheap. What are you willing to pay for it?
Hallo.

Worldwide MK Ultra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Worldwide MK Ultra » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:16 pm

Valtakuntia wrote:
Worldwide MK Ultra wrote:1) The map in the OP is broken; the closing [/img] tag has an "m" missing.

250,000 soldiers have been deployed in the first colony I got on the continent (where New hydra and canceron, Soviet Motherland Federation, Ponyville, and the SAC used to be), 25,000 have been deployed on former Phalnia (excluding The Murray Dynasty, of course), and 25,000 have been deployed on former Centoria. I may be willing to sell that land to you now, but it won't be cheap. What are you willing to pay for it?

Around $2bn and the right for you to exploit 10% of the mineral reserves within, although I'd be willing to negotiate.

Contextico
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Contextico » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:20 pm

MK Ultra, when's the last time Straall posted? They've been posting, while sparingly, with a once a week regularity or so.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents