NATION

PASSWORD

[MT] Shots Fired at the Capitol! [Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Auskralian Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Auskralian Republic » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:22 pm

Sondsteadish Embassy, Rooftop
Koshelev, Kamchastkia

"Sniper down, our sniper just got hit!", a soldier shouted as he opened fire on where he saw multiple muzzle flashes. "We need to get off this rooftop now, or we won't be here in a hour or two!", Sergeant Marko Upaaliir, son of the Minister of Foreign Affairs replied, as he dragged the injured sniper over to the staircase. Just then, a bullet dug into his armor, and Upaaliir had his first taste of real pain. He winced in pain, and crouched down for a few seconds to avoid getting hit again. "You all right, sir?", a soldier hiding behind the fuselage of a helicopter inquired, shortly before throwing a grenade at the enemy. "Yeah, I guess I'm fine for now", Upaaliir replied, closing his eyes in pain, then continuing to dragging the sniper towards the staircase.

Meanwhile, a couple hundred feet in the air, a somewhat monotone voice uttered, "Enemy combatant, 2nd floor, 3rd window from left, building on the left, 400 meters." The sniper trained his crosshairs on the referenced position. He deeply inhaled, concentrated inwards, and pulled back on the trigger, then exhaled, the movement caused by his exhaling restricting him from seeing whether his bullet had hit his mark.
Sane bastion of MT Western liberal democracy within a sea of insanity.
Political Views

Indonesian-American residing within Texas.

The Keystone Federation
Senator

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Keystone Federation » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Southern Koshelev

Shouts cried out over radios as the helicopters hummed over head of nearby buildings, the civilians and city goes below looked up and saw the Keystone emblem which was bared on the side of the door of the helicopters. "Alpha, checking in!" - "Charlie, checking in!" - "Foxtrot, checking in!" The three helicopters yelled out over the radio as they came to a halt overhead a city street.

"Charlie breaking off to deploy marksmen team, over." Charlie peeled off of the main group as ropes dropped down from Foxtrot and Alpha. "GO! GO! GO!" - yelled the Captain as Keystone Army Special Forces roped down to the city streets, quickly assuming defensive positions as they landed on the ground. The men finally reached the ground as a whole, a few miles south of the center of the city. "Alpha, Foxtrot, we are Oscar Groundhog, peel off over." - the comms tech officer said over his radio.

The small platoon of men kept an eye on their perimeter as they walked down the street, civilians could be seen looking out the windows. Unsure if they were civvies or not, the members of the platoon constantly yelled out checks on possible hostiles, "Rooftops..Window - 9'o'clock..Low - in the doorway."

Charlie hovered over a building, slowly descending to the rooftop. The Marksmen team disembarked and setup shop behind a brick wall, glaring right down the street in which Alpha and Foxtrot were coming up on. The operator whispered into his shoulder, "Alpha, Foxtrot, this is Charlie - in position, over."

The Keystone Federation
"Virtue, Liberty, and Independence"
Population: 236.594 Million

"It's never too late to be what you might have been."
When I participate in a roleplay in ii I expect realism, if you attack me with a flying aircraft carrier or a giant robot, I'm probably going to leave.
Currently at War with: Kamchastkia, Bydo

Sondstead
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sondstead » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:03 pm

OOC: The embassy building probably isn't much more than a good sized townhouse. Even one helicopter landing on the roof is probably a bit risky really.

The two guards had nearly reached the top of the stairs when they heard, muffled, Kollokii's cry of "grenade!" and the bursts of gunfire and explosions that followed. As quickly as they could, they descended the stairs and ducked underneath a doorway.

The embassy roof was damaged only lightly by the detonation of the anti-personnel grenade. The guards breathed a sigh of relief.

From out of the chaos on the rooftop, they saw a figure emerge, scrambling down the staircase. The lieutenant motioned to his comrade and both reached for their pistols, but didn't draw them.

"Who are you?", the lieutenant called out. The uniforms didn't seem to be Kamchastkian, which put the lieutenant at ease. He motioned again to the other guard, and both took their hands off their pistols. A misunderstanding here on the part of their new visitor would be fatal for them.
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
Fartsniffage wrote:Poor analogy. A better one would be a high school american football team approaching a couple of kids quietly reading/writing during lunch hour, telling them to play with them and then stamping on their books/notepads if they refuse.

All with the teacher watching on from the sidelines nodding in approval.

Visit Sondstead at : IIWiki (related articles) : Embassy Program
Commerce : KMF Automobile : Nörditser Windstrand International Airport

Follow SRR Sondstead World – Your Window on Sondstead

Kamchastkia
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:44 pm

Southern Koshelev, Kamchastkia
I had turned against the liberal government I had been serving, so had many of my comrades in arms. I was the designated rocket soldier, and was equipped with an RPG29, a slightly older model, and I only had 2 rockets, so I was conserving that ammo for later. I was also equipped with at the time, an FN-FAL fully automatic version of the rifle. I only had 3 boxes of ammunition left, and everyone else was using a variant of the Kalashnikov rifle. I was walking with my brothers down an alleyway when we hard the distant chopping of a helicopter, we decided to head up onto a roof and see if I could take a shot at it when it passed. We chose the tallest building in sight, a 4 story apartment building. My brothers cleared the building, apparently most of the occupants have fled, and the others were supportive of our cause, which was quite rare inside the city, most of our support was from the mountainous regions of my country, one I fight for, or used to. I took the maintenance stairwell to the roof and stood in position as I saw a distinctive black helicopter in the distance hovering. I set my rifle down and took the RPG which had been strapped to my back off and loaded 1 rocket into it and took aim, it was close enough for my aim to be somewhat accurate. I flipped the safety switch on the rocket off and squeezed the trigger on the rocket, my ears ringing as it whizzed by, I looked in the distance watching the vapor trail behind it.

OOC Directed at Keystone

The Keystone Federation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Keystone Federation » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:02 pm

"Hotel Bravo, this is KOTF T-2, approaching designated LZ, over." - "Roger that T-2, await confirmation before landing, over."

"T-2, you have a green light on operations, go get some work done and try to keep your asses together."

The cold air gusted into the cabin as the doors to the Night Hawk swung open. A marksman set up shop as the men began tossing down the ropes, "Stay frosty, let's get some." The Sergeant said, before sliding down the rope. Suddenly, the marksman yelled out, "We have a gathering of men on a rooftop Northeast of here! Bearing Foxtrot - November - Echo!" The pilots of the helicopter peered out the windshield, which was slightly frosted over on the side, covering their visibility. "Mark we don't have eyes on, keep your crosshairs steady!"

The men continued sliding down the rope, now much more rapidly before a situation had time to develop. "RPG! RPG!" The marksman screamed, firing several bursts of ammunition at the men before the helicopter violently swung in an avoidance maneuver. The RPG whizzed straight under the helicopter, just barely missing it, before exploding in the air and sending shrapnel into the tail. "Leaking hydrolics!-" the pilot yelled out. "Difficulty maintaining stability!" The helicopter spun continuously directly over top rooftops, the marksman yelled out, "I'm bailing! Keep this thing in the air!" The marksman jumped out of the helicopter over top a roof, doing a few somersaults before hitting a rooftop wall and stopping, his gun just a few feet in front of him. He picked it up and aimed back up towards the apartment building. "Apartment building to the Northeast!" he yelled to the men in the street, before performing suppressive fire towards the roof.

Below, a man yelled out in pain as the team hoisted him to his feet and carried him into a building. They kicked open the door, startling a group of civilians inside, in case they were rebels, two men quickly bound them and placed them up against the wall while a medic worked on a man who had fallen after losing grip on the spinning helicopter's ropes.

"Mayday! Mayday! We are going down! Grid 45, 93! We are going down!" The other helicopters in the area fell silent as they saw an explosion happen in the distance, two little bird assault helicopters approached the crash scene.
Last edited by The Keystone Federation on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Keystone Federation

When I participate in a roleplay in ii I expect realism, if you attack me with a flying aircraft carrier or a giant robot, I'm probably going to leave.

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:40 pm

Souther Koshelev, Kamchastkia
I watched as the helicopter jumped up and over before beginning its spin, and saw someone who appeared to fall out of aircraft onto a building. I saw the door gunner's gun open up striking the maintanence stairwell, and one of my partners. He didn!t screams so I assumed him dead. Me and the other guy and rushed down the stairs as a loud explosion could be heard in the distance. I skipped a few stairs before slinging my RPG22 and switching to my FAL. I was expecting to run into several foreign troops outside, I violently pushed the door open and ran North, away from the helicopter and towards the capitol building, to get a group to secure the crash site.

The Keystone Federation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Keystone Federation » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Southern Sector, Kamchastkia

"Fuck! Get more pressure on that wound, ASAP!" screamed the Sergeant, furious at the failed attempt to insert properly. Two men opened the door and mounted a machine gun facing down the road, they saw a few of the occupants of the apartment building running out and immediately opened up on them, not in short bursts, but a full automatic spray. Inside, the atmosphere was tense, the corporal who had been shot was the comms tech officer, he was bleeding profusely from his leg and wouldn't be able to walk. "Foxtrot Hotel, this is T-2! We have an injured personnel in need of a CASEVAC! Charlie Isaac is down, get overhead support until we quarter off the area around the crash site."

Just north of T-2, Kamchastkia

Two Little Birds thundered over head, fully armed and ready for air to air or air to ground combat. They watched as the helicopter showed signs of movement, indicating there was still a trapped crew member. However, that helicopter was valuable intel on Keystone Army technology and could not fall into the wrong hands. The radio inside the downed helicopter buzzed to life, "Charlie Isaac, this is Hunter Team 2, recommend you blow the site and evacuate to a nearby rooftop for extract, can you walk?" -- "No-god damn it-I think my leg is broken-aghh!-Soloman is down; lost my weapon." -- "Hang in their Charlie, we're coming for you, we'll try to fend them off until T-2 arrives on scene.
Last edited by The Keystone Federation on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Keystone Federation

Auskralian Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Auskralian Republic » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Sondstead wrote:OOC: The embassy building probably isn't much more than a good sized townhouse. Even one helicopter landing on the roof is probably a bit risky really.

The two guards had nearly reached the top of the stairs when they heard, muffled, Kollokii's cry of "grenade!" and the bursts of gunfire and explosions that followed. As quickly as they could, they descended the stairs and ducked underneath a doorway.

The embassy roof was damaged only lightly by the detonation of the anti-personnel grenade. The guards breathed a sigh of relief.

From out of the chaos on the rooftop, they saw a figure emerge, scrambling down the staircase. The lieutenant motioned to his comrade and both reached for their pistols, but didn't draw them.

"Who are you?", the lieutenant called out. The uniforms didn't seem to be Kamchastkian, which put the lieutenant at ease. He motioned again to the other guard, and both took their hands off their pistols. A misunderstanding here on the part of their new visitor would be fatal for them.

Sondsteadish Embassy, Staircase
Koshelev, Kamchastkia

"I am Captain Andruus Kovipaal. I was placed in charge of the 78 soldiers of A and B platoons, B Company, 4th Battalion, 9th Brigade. We are the reinforcements requested by your government.
We have some critically wounded and perhaps dead troops and need to treat them and get out of the way of enemy fire." Just then, Sergeant Upaaliir came in, carrying the wounded sniper on his shoulder. Many other troops also came in, after firing a few last shots at the rebels. "By the way, most of our troops have landed in the back courtyard. I don't know if there are any rebels on that side of the building, but we need to get them in here.", Kovipaal added.
Political Views

Sondstead
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sondstead » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Jösefssünr was right. Someone had known where to find us.

"Lieutenant 2nd Class Sören Märkberger, in charge of what's left of the embassy security staff. I'll do everything I can to assist, but I am afraid it may not be much. We have only limited first aid supplies and food on hand."
Fartsniffage wrote:Poor analogy. A better one would be a high school american football team approaching a couple of kids quietly reading/writing during lunch hour, telling them to play with them and then stamping on their books/notepads if they refuse.

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Sondstead Embassy, Koshelev
From a distance, a group of men can be seen walking down the main street waving white flags, in the direction some of the rebels fled earlier, most of them are wearing heavy clothing.

I was running across the main road to the other side of Koshelev where the capitol building is located when I heard the banging of a large gun, and saw the man in front of me fall, and my gun get knocked out of my hand. I didn't know why, but I didn't have the time to speculate, I continued and took cover behind the wall, hugging it and then I noticed there was a hole in my hand, not feeling the pain from it yet, I decided this was the best time to fire my last rocket. I took my RPG and loaded another rocket into it, and jumped out of cover and sighted the wreckage and, could hear the and see the smoke from the backblast and the movement from it causes me to collapse, and the pain starts kicking in. That's when everything went black.
Last edited by Kamchastkia on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Keystone Federation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Keystone Federation » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:49 pm

Southern Sector, Kamchastkia

The two men continued firing when the man turned from the corner and fired another RPG. The two took no time pondering the moment and quickly jumped back into the building. "RPG!!" They yelled as everybody dived for the floor. The rocket hit just outside the building, throwing glass from the window over everybody. Nobody was seriously injured, but the civilian kids got a few cuts on them, which the medic quickly took care of.

Soon the sounds of a heavy helo could be heard above the building, followed by heavy gunfire on the supposed enemy position. The apartment building got lit up with minigun fire, some parts catching on fire, then the corner down the street got hit, cutting a hole through the re-bar supporting the concrete wall. The helicopter lowered a basket. "That's your ride out of here buddy!" the Sergeant yelled over the sound of the helicopter. Two men picked up the injured soldier and quickly hoisted him into the basket, which was then hauled into the helicopter and quickly peeled off back to the carrier.

Barnes, the Sergeant and the man in the head of T-2 devised a plan, "Alright, let's go get these fuckers. From what I can see from the smoke, the crash is about two blocks down from here, if we intertwine between the alleyways we could get there in a short amount of time. I want everybody on their god damn toes, no more fuck ups." The men responded with a quick "OoRah." before the team settled down the civvies and headed out the back door.

Barnes pulled up his bandanna over his nose as he stepped out into the cold air. His blue and white uniform nearly blending in to the surrounding environment. He took point and scanned his sectors, especially the rooftops. "Clear, Bradley, across the street - go!" The Private jogged across the street in a hasty effort, taking cover behind the corner of a building and providing cover for the team to cross. Once everyone was across, he turned to the back and provided cover for their six. Sergeant Barnes spoke into his shoulder, "Any contacts, this is Keystone T-2 within your radio perimeter, if you are loyal to your government, this is your time to stand up for them; those helicopters earlier didn't belong to the rebels. We can provide you with food, safety, and freedom." It could risk their safety from the rebels, but it's not as if they could trace the signal, so not much mattered and it was worth a shot to get a few of the civvies on their side.

Just ahead, the crash site could be seen. They approached the door of a nearby store, which looked like a gas station. They piled up on the doorway Barnes looked at the group, signalling with his hands '3-2-1-*fist*' he swung in front of the door and kicked it open. A civvie in side had a weapon and he quickly neutralized the threat, with two shots to the chest. Luckily he was alone and had no family to be grieved by. "Bradley - Adams, set up shop here, watch our asses while we're out there -- Morris, Harrison, and Lucas, you guys are on me." Barnes whispered. The air had grown awkwardly silent by now and an odd tension filled the atmosphere.

The team of four exited the building and back into the small alleyway. Barnes crouched along the corner of the building and peered down the street, signalling clear he motioned for the three men to sprint across the street to the crashed heli.

The Keystone Federation

Auskralian Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Auskralian Republic » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:53 am

Koshelev, Kamchastkia

"We don't have much in the way of food, but we do have multiple medics and some medical supplies, and once the convoy arrives, they should have adequate rations for the all of us, along with the equipment to cook them. Speaking of which, it shouldn't be very long before the convoy arrives."

About a kilometer from the Sondsteadish Embassy
Koshelev, Kamchastkia

The convoy rumbled on through the city, knowing that their destination was not far away. They had been able to hear a firefight coming from the direction of the embassy, and a faint "boom" sometime ago, somewhere else in the city. Suddenly, the commander of the lead vehicle noticed a figure carrying a white flag, some distance ahead. "Contact, unknown, 400 meters, right, white flag.", the commander voiced into the radio. The convoy made cautious approach, for all they knew this could be a clever trap. The commander then said, "Cease movement and put your hands on your head!" Into an externally mounted loudspeaker, in what little Russian he knew.
Political Views

Sondstead
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sondstead » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:21 am

Märkberger paused for a moment. It seemed the captain had misunderstand his statement.

"Everyone here is fine, just shaken", he began. After a brief pause, his tone turned grim.

"Those who lived through it, at least". He swallowed the lump in his throat and continued. "But that isn't the matter at hand. We have eighteen people here; seventeen Sondsteadish nationals on the embassy staff including myself and my colleague and one Kamchastkian who was dining with the ambassador at the time of the raid. He's been... rather quiet."

The lump surfaced again in his throat. He couldn't help it. This was his line of work, but he was still human.

"We also have two casualties. One of our guards and one defector."

The bodies had been wrapped in bedsheets and laid down in a small spare room. It pained Märkberger to think that in all likelihood, they would be unable to evacuate their dead.

I hope the fucking Nazi punks at least have the decency to give Bröwer a proper burial.
Last edited by Sondstead on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:05 pm

Bernau, Kamchastkia
I jogged back to the hangar, my jet, a Russian model SU-30, had already been loaded up with the necessary equipment for my Air-Air Mission, several radar tracking, and heat seeking missiles filled the sides. This was to be a low altitude mission, as to avoid radar, friendly and not, who knows if one of the radar stations were full of sympathizers, you never know anything this country I serve, full of treasonous bastards. The plane had been de-frosting for about 20 minutes now and was ready for takeoff in the treacherous conditions of the Arctic Circle. I started climbing up the icy ladder, as my gunner took the front seat. I got in my seat and closed the canopy immediately, no need to freeze to death before the mission.

I went down to the Ecran and switched to navigation and checked the flight plan, I saw the final destination being Dinigrad. I was surprised, I believed we were going to head to the capital, but I guess there was a more significant mission for us in Dinigrad. I started the right engine up, and checked the temperatures and fuel gauges to make sure they were in check, before flipping the switch for the left engine, everything was in check there too. I started to test the flaps, and adjust the yaw and pitch to make sure I would crash on take-off. I was clear to taxi already, and saw the CAS aircraft taxing to the runway. I released the parking brakes and flipped on VHF comms and started communicating with the tower, as I turned the APU off, and started flipping on emergency comms. I turned to the left, behind and to the right of the CAS aircraft. I heard my Ecran start chiming "ECRAN". Knowing this was unusual I slowly applied the brakes as I leaned down to check it, my flat plan was remotely updated by the tower to inform me of the weather conditions worsening soon. Knowing that it was now or never, I decided to continue my flight, according to plan.

I listened to my radio as the CAS aircraft got permission to takeoff.

"Alpha Group 2, Permission to takeoff, Flightplan setup, destination confidential." I heard in a very calm voice, obviously given by the pilot.

"Permission granted, airspace clear, cleared for takeoff" The almost robotic voice of the ATC Controller replied sternly.

I watched as the flaps were lowered on the jet and the plane take off down the runway, our aircraft only needed about half of it, and we operated according to that, we took off around the halfway point of the airfield. I watched as the aircraft gained altitude heading West, then spun over and and swung left towards Dinigrad.

I followed suit, pulling onto the runway and doing a final check of all essential systems, and checking the hydraulic systems, knowing that they pretty much operated any aircraft. Deciding that everything was in check. I lowered the flaps to 45 degrees and keyed up my radio.

"Alpha Group - 1, permission to take off, flightplan given, destination confidential." I said, obviously nervous, this was going to be my first combat mission. Nearly 8 years of training on the same aircraft, and it was finally time to go to war. I was excited, even though I knew this could be my last time taking off. I applied brakes while waiting for reply.

"Alpha Group - 1, Permission Granted, Cleared for takeoff, destination confidential." The nearly robotic ATC Operator replied.

I released the brakes and gave 70% throttle to the engines, propelling my jet and mind numbing speeds down the runway, we quickly reached the minimum speed required for takeoff and I gently pulled up on the stick, and began my bank left towards Dinigrad. I raised the landing gear and raised the flaps. This was war, and I was on my way to give them a piece of it.

Near Sondstead Embassy, Koshelev, Kamchastkia
I walked towards the foreign military soldiers keeping my hands in the air, we were rigged to blow, our jackets were full of explosives, ready to explode when the sniper called the number. I was still internally debating whether or not I should flee or not, as I neared the group of soldiers that have ordered us in very bad Russian to raise our hands I lowered my arms and started saying in very broken English.

"We Federals, We Federals." In attempt to get the men to lower their guard, and allow us the opportunity to get close to the men.

Nearby Rooftop Sondstead Embassy, Koshelev, Kamchastkia
I watched as my friend was shot and killed by those imperialist bastard snipers. I quickly rushed over to check on him sporadically firing out of the window towards where the shot came from when I saw he was hit fatally. I dropped the rifle and began trying to revive him.

The Keystone Federation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Keystone Federation » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Southern Sector, Koshelev

The team quickly moved into position around the downed helicopter, "Blue! Blue!" they yelled out. "Over here!" a faint voice replied; the team quickly ran over and secured the female pilot. "Cooper, glad to see you're alright; Sarge we need a CASEVAC, ASAP." Barnes shouldered his rifle while the two other men kept an eye on the vicinity.

Barnes pulled out five packages of C4 explosives and quickly got to work on placing them on the down helicopter. "Explosives set!" he yelled out, "Sarge, we got civvies in the street, coming towards our position, over." Barnes glanced down the street and saw several figures in the distance approaching the smoky crash sight in curiosity. "Keep an eye on them, remember the ROE," he said, before pulling a radio off of his shoulder, "Godfather, this is T-2 in need of a CASEVAC." - "T-2, CASEVAC en route, ETA 30 seconds."

The sound of a distant chopper came into range and the team moved back the street to an open LZ. The helicopter landed and they loaded the injured pilot on board. Barnes gave a hand signal for it being clear to takeoff and it lifted and headed back to the FOB. "Fire in the hole! - Fire in the hole! - Fire in the hole!" Barnes yelled out, before detonating the C4 planted on the helicopter. In a short silent moment, an explosion rocked the area, vibrating the snow that lay on the street and bending the windows around the vicinity.

The men regrouped by a house and quickly made work to get back on the task at hand. "Alright, listen up, about 5 clicks up, we're going to run into an embassy of sorts, no idea which pour soul of a nation it belongs to, but we're going to check and make sure everything is alright on our way to the center of the city; keep your eyes on the surroundings and watch for hostiles." The men nodded and the team quickly began jogging down the icy street-side. Gliding along buildings and keeping their weapons at guard. A few civilians peeked out their windows as they jogged, but they paid no attention to them.

The Keystone Federation

Auskralian Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Auskralian Republic » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Koshelev, Kamchastkia

The commander of the lead vehicle slowed the vehicle even more, then brought it to a grinding halt. What to do next? These people had claimed to be Federals, but the commander was not so sure. Seeming to sense that the commander had come to a fork in the road, two other vehicle commanders voiced their opinions. "Put an autocannon round through the heads of every one of those Nazi bastards!", another IFV commander roared. "Don't. We don't know who those people are. Maybe those are Federals trying to surrender to the rebels. Let's give them a chance to get back into the fight!", said the commander of the anti-personnel vehicle. The commander tensed, and dove deeper into thought and concentration. All was silent. Suddenly, a faint boom interrupted the silence. The others must have heard it too, because it triggered another round of suggestions. "Did you hear that explosion? I am willing to bet you 5 Ausmarks that was a situation just like ours.", the commander of another IFV screamed. The commander of the anti-personnel vehicle came up with nothing. The commander had by now come to the conclusion that the people standing before them, should they be hostile, would have explosives under their clothes. In a brutal murdering of the Russian language, the commander said, "Take off your jacket!" The commander was getting quite tired, after driving a lot lately. He rubbed his eyes and let out a long yawn.

Over the Sondsteadish Embassy
Koshelev, Kamchastkia

The sniper watched a man fall to the ground, apparently dead. "Hostile down", the spotter noted. Suddenly, a bullet hit the helicopter, which corresponded with a muzzle flash from the building they had just fired into. "Hostile, 2nd floor, 3rd window from left, building on the left", the spotter noted. "I can't get a clear shot", the sniper said. "Alright, I will try and get us closer", the helicopter pilot said.

Koshelev, Kamchastkia

"I'm sorry to hear you guys suffered a casualty, and may he rest in peace.", the captain said. "By the way, we have some wounded troops, do you guys have a room where we can tend to them?", the captain continued, just as a medic came from further up the staircase and said, "Sir, I have tended to the wounds of all our wounded, but I wasn't able to save all of them. Our sniper just left us seconds ago, but the rest are fine for now, except for Kollokii, that grenade really did him in.", to which the captain replied, "And how many wounded do we have?", before taking a seat on a stair and looking down. "4, sir.", the medic said.
Political Views

The Keystone Federation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Keystone Federation » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:12 pm

2 miles South of the Sondstead Embassy, Koshelev

The team stayed silent, swiftly crossing streets in strategic positions, two on the sides, one in the back, and three others in the front, keeping an eye on the roofs. They stopped at another intersection of an alley and a rather wide roadway, Barnes knelt along side the corner of a building. Peeking out and aiming down his ACOG at the street. In the distance, he could see a few figures, but they didn't look as though they were much of a threat, let alone actual people; maybe signs of some sort. He held up his hand and signaled for the team to cross. After they reached the other side, they covered him as he crossed. The marksman of the team, who had now met up with them from the roof he landed on, kept watch on a warehouse down the street. "Barnes get to cover, I got glint!" A small flash of light came from the second story, and a rifle shot shortly followed, "Sniper! Get to cover!"

Soon, several bursts of machine gun fire were directed towards the team as they came under heavy fire from a group of rebels. "Bradley, give me some covering fire!" Bradley whipped around the corner and began firing short bursts of LMG fire at the warehouse, breaking several windows and throwing snow up from the window sills. Soon a firefight began and Barnes was pinned down behind an abandoned truck. He quickly got on his SOFLAM and aimed it at the warehouse, "Godfather, this is Panther, we are being pinned down by enemy fire, requesting over-head support. A stout and raspy voice replied, "Panther, this is Godfather, dispatching Hunter Team 2."

The team kept returning fire, "Enemies in the open!" Barnes yelled, before kneeling over the hood of the truck and sending short round bursts down range, hitting two of the rebels as they crossed the street towards a house. Soon, almost without warning, Hunter Team 2 arrived and hovered over T-2's position, "Your saviors have arrived" came a voice over the radio, before four miniguns opened up on the warehouse, setting fire to packages inside. Hot shells rained down on the empty street and burned their way through the snow, the helicopters soon ceased fire and recognized the enemies were down - peeling off and heading back to base.

The team set up shop for about ten minutes in case any rebels were still out there, before heading back towards their objective.

..Several Minutes Later..

In the distance, they thought they could hear a voice over a speaker, but decided to avert themselves from it, as it could be a rebel trap. They kept their intervals and walked carefully, keeping their eyes on their surroundings. "Clear." Barnes whispered, as he peeked around a corner. A reply came from one of the Corporals, "Sir, I have a Sondstead emblem; I think that's the embassy." Barnes pulled up his sight and aimed down range towards the building, it was definitely the Sondstead emblem, "Alright, maintain your intervals, keep an eye on the doors, we go in, secure the staff and make sure no government defectors are inside - then we set a team to come and secure the perimeter."

The team approached the gates to the building, the Comms Tech Officer yelled out in broken Russian, "Мы товарищеских! [We are friendlies!]" He then paused, waiting a reply, before repeating himself in English, "Friendlies coming in!"

The Keystone Federation

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Koshelev, Kamchastkia

I looked back at the other men behind me, and muttered to them in Russian.

"What should we do?"

I heard the man command us to do something with the jackets, but I couldn't comprehend exactly what. I then saw the man behind me out of the corner of my eye, he had taken off his jacket and sprinted towards a nearby alleyway. I then looked up to where the sniper was supposed to be, atop one of the taller buildings in the distance. I heard a shot ring out at the man who was fleeing, and it connected. I ducked and started running towards cover by the convoy.

Inside a Building Behind the Sondstead Embassy
Koshelev, Kamchastkia

I continued performing CPR, or what little I know of it, on my brother in arms, my friend, when blood started coming out of mouth. I couldn't stop crying. I managed to stumbled to my feet and start up the maintenance stairwell to the rooftop, unarmed.

Sondstead
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sondstead » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:35 pm

Auskralian Republic wrote:"I'm sorry to hear you guys suffered a casualty, and may he rest in peace.", the captain said. "By the way, we have some wounded troops, do you guys have a room where we can tend to them?", the captain continued, just as a medic came from further up the staircase and said, "Sir, I have tended to the wounds of all our wounded, but I wasn't able to save all of them. Our sniper just left us seconds ago, but the rest are fine for now, except for Kollokii, that grenade really did him in.", to which the captain replied, "And how many wounded do we have?", before taking a seat on a stair and looking down. "4, sir.", the medic said.

"Yes; you can make use of the bedrooms as need be."

While they had heeded Märkberger's order not to follow him to the roof, Jen and the mechanic had taken it upon themselves to keep watch in the hallway. Things seemed to have quieted down dramatically, but their mood was still tense.

"Мы товарищеских!"

Both men froze in their tracks and reached for the pistols Märkberger had given them. Neither understood much Russian and they weren't interested in taking chances.

"Friendlies coming in!"

Jen blinked.

"...So that's what he said", he mumbled, and walked up to one of the broken windows, hand still on the gun which, for lack of a real holster, had simply been deposited in the righthand pocket of his slacks. Upon reaching it, he peered out. The men outside didn't appear to be Kamchastkian.

"Who are you? What nationality?"

The Keystone Federation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Keystone Federation » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Sondstead Embassy, Koshelev

Barnes held his gun at guard, being sure to stay behind cover, he waited for a reply while he reloaded a new magazine into his Mark 5 Assault Rifle.

"Who are you? What nationality?"

Came a voice from the embassy, the Comms Tech Officer quickly responded, "Uh..Keystone наступательных Целевая группа, команда два, часть отряда Albany - мы защищаем все и всех сотрудников еще в посольстве, у вас есть травмы?" he yelled out, pausing again before repeating himself, "Keystone Offensive Task Force, Team two, a part of the Albany detachment - we're securing any and all staff still within the Embassy, do you have injured?". All of the men tightened their grip on their rifles, unsure of what would follow.
Last edited by The Keystone Federation on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Keystone Federation

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:03 pm

Sondstead Embassy
Koshelev, Kamchastkia

I was in complete shock, unable to come to grips with what was happening around me, as the foreigners entered the embassy, with injured and dead men is when I understood. I stood up and walked over to the ambassador.

"May I use a telephone?" He said with a heavy accent.

Sondstead
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sondstead » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:35 pm

"I will inform the Ambassador and the security staff."

Jen turned back towards the dining room.

She may have been removed from the action at the embassy, now safely ensconced within her office, but Ambassador Mörgen was following the situation closely as well. A small radio was now tuned to a provincial shortwave broadcaster out of Neftmax. With the immediate threat now seemingly gone, she had been able to read an encrypted telegram from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs detailing the evacuation plan.

More complicated were the dozen or so emails from the handful of Sondsteadish nationals residing in Koshelev; at this point it wouldn't be feasible for the Auskralians to go around and gather them all safely and it would likely be too risky for them to try and get to the airport. Her best advice, which she relayed to them, was to — if feasible — make for the grounds of the Presidential Palace and identify themselves with their passports to the Auskralian troops which had reinforced it, and if unable to do that, take cover in a basement or closet and await further information. Her hope was that once the airport could be secured, everyone could safely be evacuated there to await the arrival of their plane home.

"May I use a telephone?"

She leaned back in her chair and spun around. It was the Kamchastkian businessman — What was his name? Semyonov? Solovyov? Something like that maybe. — who the embassy had been hosting for dinner after he expressed interest in an import deal.

"Konéšno." Certainly.

There wouldn't be much use in keeping him out of her own office; she had taken the liberty of making sure the few documents that could be considered sensitive were destroyed. She offered him the phone and pressed the speakerphone button. She continued, still in Russian.

"I will request that for security reasons, the call be made on speakerphone. I hope this is not overly burdensome on you."

"La, Ana?", she heard her husband call out in Sondsteadish. She placed the phone down and turned to the businessman.

"Jeä?" Yes?

"Te'är mara soldade̊n ütsid. Ter from Keystone Bindesstätdin." There are more soldiers outside. They are from the Keystone Federation.

Mörgen paused for a moment before replying.

"Te̊la Ljödenänt Märkberger ond Auskraljanin, tän le̊da tem in." Tell Lieutenant Märkberger and the Auskralians, then let them in.

Jen left the office, and she returned the phone to the businessman.

"Prodolzhatʹsya." Go on.
Last edited by Sondstead on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:47 pm

"Хорошо, спасибо" Okay, Thanks I replied, knowing that in order to go undetected he would have to speak very quickly, as he could assume that the ambassador's knowledge of Russian was limited. He quickly inputed several digits and a dialtone could be heard for several moments before the other side picked up.

"Алло?" Hello? The person on the other side replied, it sounded like a he, but it was to muffled to be sure of.

"Aлл, Это Леонид Булгаков все в порядке там?" Hello, it's Леонид Булгаков is everything okay over there?" I replied, speaking very quickly, almost to where to the native speaker it would appear to be gibberish.

"А Леонид Булгаков! Да, все в порядке." Ah Леонид Булгаков! Everything is alright. the other end replied, with a very muffled voice.

"А министры все в порядке?" Are the ministers okay? I replied, speaking very quickly, especially the part where I mention the ministers.

There is a pause with some laughter.

(( OOC: * Леонид Булгаков = Leonid Bulgakov * ))
Last edited by Kamchastkia on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sondstead
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sondstead » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Bulgakov, that was it.

Mörgen soon noticed Bulgakov's hurried tone; she could barely keep up, despite her fluency in the language. It didn't seem too out of the ordinary though, considering the extraneous circumstances.

The ministers...? Is he speaking like that to try and hide something?

Mörgen had pushed concerns that the man may have been a rebel sympathizer to the back of her mind earlier, but now she was increasingly suspicious. Carefully attempting to appear somewhat absentminded, she picked up a notepad and began writing — transcribing all she could make out and her guesses as to everything else, translated into Sondsteadish. She wrote in sweeping, rounded cursive strokes — almost appearing to be simply doodling, she hoped.

Jen Mörgen arrived at the top floor of the embassy, where he found Märkberger and the Auskralian captain speaking.

"Lieutenant Märkberger, and—"

"Captain Kovipaal, of Auskralia", Märkberger finished.

"Ahem; Captain Kovipaal, Lieutenant Märkberger; a force — I presume a peacekeeping force — from the Keystone Federation just pulled up and requested entrance. What course of action would you recommend?"
Last edited by Sondstead on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kamchastkia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:20 pm

"спасибо" Thank you. I said and then quickly hung up.

I turned to the ambassador

"Я должен пойти проверить на мою семью, я могу уехать?" I must go check on my family, may I depart? He said, obviously very concerned, though it seemed to be in a positive manner, not a negative one.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents