NATION

PASSWORD

Maybe We Forgot What It's Like...[CLOSED]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Cookish States
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Maybe We Forgot What It's Like...[CLOSED]

Postby The Cookish States » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:20 pm

The Blue Sea
December 2, 2012
CSm Media

The CSm Media had quite a history, albeit a short one. It'd been launched in 2008, but was nearly sunk by a Kazakian mine in 2010. It had limped back to it's home port of Ciudad Sorto for repairs, but instead got an unneeded, but beneficial renovation. It now employed state of the art EMP and AEW systems, and an integrated Skyguard system. This wasn't the largest ship in the world, or even the Cookish Coastal Defense Corps, but it was sleek, fast, and damn near invisible. It's captain was a sailor named Admiral Joe Reed. He'd headed the ship since its launch, and before that he was the captain of the CSm Giral, which sunk six vessels in the Imperian War. If not for Captain Reed, the Cookish may not have achieved the naval superiority that allowed them to avenge the Fort Victory Massacre which saw over 3,000 Cookish servicemen and their families murdered.

Reed now overlooked his ship. The 4th Action Fleet was solely responsible for blockading Bratoslouvakia. Inbound was the 7th Fleet, and the 17th. Already arriving was the 2nd Fleet, that'd be the biggest portion of ass behind this mission. Now he looked at the dossier. This was top secret information, not another nation on the planet knew this.

Reed also had top secret confirmation that Shrailleeni, New Macurean, and boats from the T.E.C.T may be attending the blockade as well, though the latter was unlikely. The Minister of Defense had sent a message (Which Reed was privileged to read) to the allies of The Cookish States...

Official Top Secret Communique From: The Ministry of Defense of The Cookish States
To: The Ministries of Defense of; New Edom, The Shrailleeni Empire, The T.E.C.T, Norvenia, Late Roman Empire.
Concerning: Bratoslouvakia, Blockade of
Clearance:Level 3 Minimum (Government and General ranks' eyes only)

Good morning. This is General Antonio Munoz, writing in conjunction with the Supreme Admiral of the CCDC, Molinero Gracia. The Bratoslouvakian Navy has launched a new fleet, one which endangers us all. Furthermore, they skirt Cookish waters and interfere with our trade. We have quite the capable naval force, but help from the international community and our allies could thwart a war in this situation. Talks have failed, though our Chancellor tried his hardest to be civil, Osip Karam clutched his sword to his chest, unwilling to give an inch of power. Finally, we ask of you to assist us in the naval department in defending our waters, and in the realm of ground forces as well, since the Bratoslouvakians have expressed interest in landgrabbing, and have quite a few transport ships (can't determine if they're loaded with troops from UAV scans).

In closing, we are asking for your help.

Sincerely, Minister of Defense Antonio Munoz

Reed shuddered, this was serious. Life may not be the same after a war like this, but humanity had to blow itself up periodically to remember that peace was not resident in weakness...
_________________________________________________________________________________
Moody Bay
December 2, 2012

The CCDC was spread thin. Protecting the coast of the homeland was the 14th Fleet, headed by a Captain Yen'nt, and all of the Hospital fleets. The boats hugged the coastlines, under the watchful eye of the CAF (Cokish Air Force). F-22 Raptors and F/A-18 Hornets soared over the ships, watching over them like an eagle monitors its nest.

Soon, the Bratoslouvakian fleet would attack, and they would be relying on the anti-ship missile batteries (A tactic stolen directly from Ossurwalder military doctrine) and air power to sink enemy ships. Meanwhile, the Secretary of State, Tarah Messina, begged the Bratoslouvakians to back down...

"We cannot have another war! This region is fragile, and you are swinging the hammer of war onto it! This war will shatter us. Nuclear states clashing cannot be accepted, I demand that the CPO do something. My people will defend themselves, and we will be victorious, but after all of the bloodshed, what will we have gained?"

The Chancellor let out a similar statement. In Ciudad Contierra, Congress battled over the prospect of a declaration of war. The Progressives would shut it down at every turn, whereas the Nationalists seem to want to break the finger the Bratoslouvakians had jammed into the eye of the Cookish Bear. It didn't matter what the nation wanted though, because every citizen knew what would happen. There wasn't patriotism in the streets, there wasn't anger, there was only dismay. The Cookish were in a depression, and not an economic one. People knew that ones close to them would die soon, the people weren't stupid and drunk off nationality, they knew that they'd inflict pain they couldn't see, and feel pain that they could see and feel.
Oh, is this sig supposed to make you laugh?

Bratoslovoukia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratoslovoukia » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Fort Triumph Airbase
Approx. 200 km from New Macurean Border
December 2, 2012

Colonel Arel Promichek walked hastily down a blank, austere corridor of the reinforced concrete structure, the Command Building, that marked the center of the military airbase. He looked at his watch. All that was on his mind was the war. The war that was yet to begin, but it was on the mind of every man, woman, and child in the entire airbase. Fighter bombers were already being prepped on the runway as V/STOL spy drones were being synced with computers. All that Colonel Promichek, as base commandant, needed to start the war was the alert from command to come pouring in.

As he reached the nerve center and opened the door. All the men at the control consoles rose to attention saluting Colonel Promichek. The room was flooded with the red light signifying urgency. He gestured for them to be at ease and most of the men quickly ran back to their seats. Two remained standing, Commander Yuri Koslovich and Captain Mikhail Karaschenko. Commander Koslovic quickly put out the cigarette that was position between his two ice chapped lips.

"Colonel Promichek, we have just gained confirmation that Prime Minister is secure. We are now awaiting further orders from Marshal Bolov and Supreme Command. The word from Federal Duma and Federal Soviet is that the Soviet is voting for the war and we are awaiting the result from the Duma." Commander Koslovich reported.

"There is something we need your input on immediately." Captain Karaschenko began. "Should we evacuate the base?"

Colonel Promichek's face drew grim as the sudden reality of war grew nearer. There were about 690 families on the base, including his own, giving the order would send them in convoys from the base, taking with them everything they owned. This was a difficult decision, when shit started to hit the fan, they would probably be safer in the base. However, if the base was compromised, they would be doomed. It might be better just send them to safety, perhaps in another base.

"Evacuate all women and children to Fort Kamarov." He replied.

"Sir," Commander Koslovich responded.

"That is an order." Colonel Promichek loudly commanded.

All men in the room turned and stared at the Colonel as Commander Koslovich ran off. That's we then order came. The Duma had voted to declare war. The klaxons blared as alarm lights flashed and the hurried screams of people outside rang through the massive base.

"Drone pilots, get to work." Colonel Promichek demanded as he dashed from the room.

He had to see his family off. He rushed down the corridor and out the door in the cold courtyard out in front of the command building. It was just a sea of quonset huts outside. As he shifted his glare to the drone stations, he saw small low-alt drones, just for surveillance, take off from their vertical launch pads as well larger drones, high-alt possibly carrier a guided missile took off. He watched as the drones flew off into the sunset. As he made his way through calling mothers and children each hurrying to convoy, he finally arrived at his own. He opened the door and went into his section.

"Arel, what is going on?" His wife, Anya, demanded while packing a suitcase.

His children were packing their things as well.

"We are going to war." He replied sadly.

He rushed over and picked up his daughter, and embraced her in his arms before setting her down. He looked over to his son.

"I need you to watch over your sister and mother, okay, Pavel?" Colonel Promichek asked.

"Sure, dad." His son replied.

Arel and his family shuffled out the door as the convoy started to leave.

"Arel, promise me something." Anya said quietly.

"What my, dear?" He replied.

"Come home to us." She responded, giving him a quick kiss on the lips before boarding a jeep.

The jeep pulled out and joined the line of jeeps leaving the base.

"I promise," he whispered, looking out at the setting sun.

BNS Pavlovsk
International Waters Outside of the Cookish States
December 2, 2012

Admiral Armand Kazimir looked out from his bridge onto the massive flight deck below. He surveyed the partially cloudy sky above him and the choppy water below him. His computer console had just printed out the communique from Supreme Command entailing the war with the Cookish and they were in the calm before the storm. The 42nd Fleet had just merged with 3rd Fleet as well as the 36th, 49th, and 53rd Naval Divisions and their numbers had grown to 51 ships in the waters outside the Cookish States.

There were already dozens of Sukhoi PAK FA on the flight deck, several already on the catapults. Deck crews were arming missiles and prepping the places. The lifts were continually bringing up more fighters, on the Pavlovsk and on the other carriers. Shells were being loaded on the battleships like the BNS Resolute. The missile cruisers were arming their missiles and as soon as drones marked their targets, a hail of anti-ship missiles would rain from the skies. Soon after that the Marine elements would begin their raid.
Bratoslovoukia,a land untouched by the horrors of tyranny of the majority...until now.
Tourism|Embassies In: New Edom|Bratvit Standard Petroleum and Carbon Corporation|Bratoslovoukian Embassy Exchange Program|

The Cookish States
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Coastal Preparations

The Army was ready. Bases had always been on the coasts, and now the armored elements were being moved to help reinforce. However, the generals had put much faith into the CAF. The fighters at Bashamat and Elmendorf were being moved to Sorto AFB, Ciudad Contierra Military Airbase, and Fire Island AFB. The 2nd A&S set its artillery up, and prepared to pound the coast. Artillery from the Cookish didn't harass, it killed.

A ways behind the militarized coast were the plethora of anti-ship missiles. All of them trained on the Bratoslouvakian fleet. The Bratoslouvakians faced an impossible fight, but harrowing was the fact that a nation dared attempt this act. No nation since the Cornelliian Empire itself had even attempted to invade the Cookish. Moody Bay was once again a warzone, after 700 years of peace.
__________________________________________________________________________________
The Blue Sea, off the coast of Bratoslouvakia

The CSm Media was alerted to UFA's, and deployed its technological defenses. From deep within the hulls of six ships, confusing waves of radio and microwaves pelted the Bratoslouvakian machines as technologists within attempted to hack their systems. The war was undoubtable now, and Reed prepared his flotilla for an uphill battle until the international community supplies reinforcements.

Norvenia
Minister

Founded: May 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:12 am

Chancellor House, Astor-of-Stone Norvenia

"This is not our war."

Chancellor Gwillem Thomas glanced irritably up from behind his steepled fingers. The light fell through the stained-glass windows of the Redwood Office onto the glowing paneling and deep green carpet. "I know that, thank you, Amelia."

Amelia O'Donnel spread her hands. "Very good, sir." A hawk-faced woman with a background in academia, she had become as Foreign Secretary the driving force behind modern Norvenian internationalism - and the sharpest prophet of the limits of Norvenian power. Now, she shrugged. "There are just no good guys and bad guys here, Mr. Chancellor. Bratoslovoukian democracy is a joke, and their saber-rattling has destabilized the region, but there's no reason why that threatens the Cookish more than anyone else. They just went looking for a war, and now that they've got it, they expect us to back them."

General Frederick Vandercreuse shifted in his chair. "We have a full Joint Operations Taskforce in Underium," he observed quietly, "and another in New Edom. That's close to fifteen percent of the Norvenian military already deployed. We spend sixty thousand talents in equipment and two hundred thousand in training for every single soldier. Numbers are never on our side." Vandercreuse sighed. "In battle, that doesn't matter as much; Norvenian units often thrash enemy forces several times their size. But it limits the number of fronts on which we can fight simultaneously."

Thomas nodded again, more irritated still. "I know, Frederick, Amelia. But that's not the whole story, either." Thomas leaned forward, placed his elbows on his carved redwood desk. "Look here. For one thing, this war is going to be fought in our backyard. Naval operations off the Bratoslovoukian coast will take place in the Blue Sea. That's our sphere of influence, it's crawling with Norvenian shipping, and we're likely to get sucked in when some merchant marine captain gets his hailing codes wrong and one of the combatants sinks him." Gwillem Thomas shook his head. "For another thing, this region isn't ready for a major war. This thing has the potential to suck in a lot of nations, and major wars mean major civilian casualties, sometimes due to war crimes. If we let things go that far, then we'll find ourselves morally obliged to intervene in defense of innocent life, and not necessarily on the side which we would otherwise want to back." The chancellor rapped his knuckles on his desk. "We need to do something, and now."

Vandercreuse shrugged helplessly. "Sir, I can call up the reserves, but to train and equip them to active-duty standards would take more money than even this year's military budget can provide."

"And we won't get an appropriations bill through the Assembly," added Henry Smythe, the Chancellor's chief of staff. "Not for this. Ribbentrop's people will block it to a man, the moderates in our own party will back them, and we'll lose the support of many immigrant communities - they're overrepresented in the military, but uninterested in foreign intervention." Smythe shook his head. "The votes aren't there, sir."

"I'm not talking about going to war," Thomas said wearily. "Amelia is right about that anyway - with whom could we side, in good conscience? But I am talking about doing something, being active in response to this situation rather than passive." The chancellor paused. "We have some clout, here. The Bratoslovoukians respect us; God knows why, given how different we are, but they seem to understand that we play the game by our own rules. And the Cookish are one of the nations in this region most similar to us in many ways: a mixed-market representative democracy. We've worked well with them in Fineberg." Gwillem Thomas tapped his desk slowly, head bowed in thought. "I know that the Cookish are calling on the CPO to act, but if the situation in Kalar is any indication, swift action is not the CPO's forte." The chancellor glanced up. "I think it's time we cashed in on some of our own diplomatic standing."

"You want to mediate," said O'Donnel, nodding.

"At the very least, I want to offer," Thomas agreed. "If they refuse, they'll look like warmongers, and that's never a good thing for democratically elected leaders - however questionable their popular credentials are. Politically, if there's a clear chance for peace on the table, they have to take it. And that gives us an opening to do something, at least. Even if we can't stop this war, we may be able to limit its scale, and get the combatants to agree to avoid targeting civilian populations, and to accept foreign aid workers, and so on. At the very least, we may be able save a few lives by getting these people to sit down with a neutral party. We can even hope that they'll see sense and call the whole thing off."

"I doubt that, sir," O'Donnel said quietly.

"Aye, me too," agreed Gwillem Thomas. "But that doesn't change a damn thing. We still have to try."

OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUE OF THE GOVERNMENT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF NORVENIA

To: The Governments of the Cookish States and of Bratoslovoukia
C.C.: The Governments of New Edom, Nalaya, the Shrailleeni Empire, the Late Roman Empire, Adiron, and Tartarus; Norvenian Central Broadcasting; the Fineberg Times.
Re.: Edwards Hill Summit
Encryption: Level XII

For many years, this government has stood at the forefront of the fight to provide human rights and liberties to every human being in the Cornellian Empire. Foremost among these rights is the freedom to live in peace; yet it is exactly this right which is most often violated today, and which sometimes must be violated in order to defend still more basic principles. But to go to war as anything other than a last resort, when all possible avenues of escape are exhausted, is an unpardonable offense against the rights of all people, regardless of nationality and political identity.

I am personally grieved, and the government and people of Norvenia share this feeling, that negotiations between the Cookish States and Bratoslovoukia have so swiftly collapsed. I am dismayed by the prospect of mass civilian casualties in a war that must be fought on the home soil of either one or the other of these nations, both of whose citizens have suffered more than enough in recent months. I am perturbed by the implications for our shared region that a war can break out in such a short period of time, after such little negotiation, and in the face of such scant attempts to find an alternative solution.

But it is not the purpose of this message to chastise, or to preach. Rather, it is my most fervent hope that a way can be found to bring this conflict to a swift and peaceful end, and the government of Norvenia has backed me in taking steps to make that hope a firm reality. Accordingly, I would like cordially to invite the senior diplomats and heads of state of both the Cookish States and Bratoslovoukia, along with any aides and advisers whom they may wish to bring, to a closed summit at Edwards Hill, the retreat of the Norvenian Chancellor in the mountains above the Astor Basin. The conference will commence as soon as all delegates arrive; cognizant of the complexity of the schedules of many of your senior diplomats, this government will not set a deadline, but we respectfully request that delegates be sent as quickly as possible. After all, any delay puts more innocent lives in danger, and I am sure that the governments of the belligerent parties are as disturbed by that idea as I am.

We respectfully request that all delegates be accompanied by minimal security, and that all parties involved send as delegates the most senior government officials who may feasibly be dispatched in this capacity, up to and including heads of state. This summit, we hope, will provide an opportunity for us to think creatively of new solutions to the current crisis which, in different ways, affects us all. I am confident that together, we will be able to find a way forward, past the shadow of war and into the new dawn of lasting peace and brotherhood for all the peoples of this region.

I hope to see you both soon.

The Hon. Gwillem Thomas
Chancellor of the Commonwealth of Norvenia

COMMUNIQUE ENDS

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Common Territories » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Office of the Emperor
Royal Palace
Homeland, TECT

The young Emperor sat at his polished sandstone desk working on paperwork as per usual of his job, looking over the health care bill being voted on in the Franklin Colonial State at this moment. Although things are different from TECT and the state all the way in Cornellia, he was interested in the idea. At that moment his fax machine lit up just as his phone also began to ring. Laying down the stapled bill he grabbed his phone. "Yes?"

"Urgent fax has been directed to your office your majesty. Classified Cornellia." the male voice at the end of the line said.

"Alright. Thank you." Emperor JC replied as he hung up the phone.

He tugged on his white suit to adjust it in comfort and reached for the now finished fax; a ministry of foreign affairs telegram relaying a Cookish telegram. He read the mail extensively realizing the danger amounting in that part of his Empire. If his memory still serves right, Franklin State is an obstacle between the Cookish and Brat's. Not only that Brat's recent trade interference with Cookland is not acceptable - the Cookish are a valued trade partner in that region and TECT trade ships also sale those seas in question. Although there haven't been reports of attacks or harassment on his civilian's shipping, he knows it's only a matter of time before Brat assaults one of the ships. Blocking trade ships from arriving in Franklin is also not acceptable in terms. This all was only one of the recent rising problems between TECT and Bratoslovoukia. It's rising military stockpile is upsetting the local government. The Emperor isn't afraid of Brat's military harming the whole Empire, but realized Franklin State was in danger. Their aggressive behavior and fears that they will so move to the Franklin border are the highest of fears in that region. Smirking, he decided to play ball with the Cookish. "I have kept out of their fighting for a while now but maybe this is an opportunity for betterment. I'll give them a little contingent force for their disposal; if anything goes south then Franklin will still be safe. Lets see if this gamble pays off." he thought to himself as he began writing a reply to the Cookish. He knew his country had a superior naval force so he wasn't to scared as he choose the size of the force to send.

The Office of the Emperor of The Empire of Common Territories

To: The Ministry of Defense of The Cookish States
Subject: Blockade assistance
Encryption: Highest

Dear Ministry of Defense of The Cookish States,

I Emperor JC of TECT have read over your letter for blockade assistance and have made my decision. Bratoslovoukia has been a worrisome to the State of Franklin in your region, most notably because of its stockpiling and threats to invade their neighbor New Macureus bringing them close to my Empire's borders. Not only that, our trade with your nation has been enjoyed for a long time now, any disturbance in that trade upsets us even if our vessels have not been targeted yet. We will aid your blockade with a small contingency of warships, these ships are designed for air defense and are capable anti-ship vessels. However we will not be sending land assets to this mission. We suggest hiring forces from C.L.I. if you want land assets, I personally vouch for this company seeing first hand their skills and capabilities.

We hope this sign of good will is appreciated from the Cookish and the rest of Cornellia. We also hope this will ensure that the Cookish don't negatively get involved in TECT peaceful expansion of lands that is soon to come.

Inform where you want this force to be located to join up with your current fleet.

Sincerely,
Emperor JC of TECT

Zanborian
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanborian » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:08 pm

The Federal Republic of Zanborian
The Office of the President of The Federal Republic of Zanborian

To: The Ministry of Defense of The Cookish States
From: The Office of the President of The Federal Republic of Zanborian
RE: Blockade
Encryption: High

Being a rather isolated and small nation we were rather surprised to receive a telegram asking for our assistance in your blockade of Bratoslovoukia. Their increased aggressiveness is worrying to us and they thought that they might disrupt trade on the high seas even more so. The Zanborian Senate has agreed in a secret meeting last night to send a small naval force to aid in the blockade of Bratoslovoukia, upon meeting with the Cookish Navy they are to be under Cookish Command until the blockade is over or the Senate demands their return. The force is composed of 1 Ticonderoga Class Cruiser, 2 Farragut Class Destroyers, and 2 Cyclone Class Patrol Ships. We hope for a swift and speedy end to this conflict with a minimum amount of bloodshed.

~President Justin Emerson
President of The Federal Republic of Zanborian

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 am

Shrailleeni Headquarters Dressanna
Marbidi, Republic of Dengali

"The question is, can we trust the Norvenians to establish peace?"

Queen Gillya Venda fe Sevreen, ruler of Dressanna in all but name, ended her question with a significant look at Matriarch of War Tress Vilnis fe Fromthra. Not since the foundation of the city had so many important Shrailleeni offiicals gathered there in one place. Besides the Queen and Matriarch, there was Foriegn Minister Zattem and Army Matriarch Callatra Minarra fe Fromathra, as well as Governor Butler of Marbidi. The Governor had taken a distinct interest in becoming more involved in the politics of Dressanna of late. Gillya didn't mind necessarily, but she suspected that he was doing so at the request of the Dengali government. She had such an easy time persuading him to see her way that it seemed logical that the President, or perhaps his Edomite advisors, would as well.

The purpose of their little gathering was to discuss the implications of the recent Bratoslovoukian-Cookish escalation. With Shrailleeni forces in Dressanna and Dengali on the increase, they found themselves in the unique position of both having an increase in military power in the region and a strong incentive not to use it. Shrailleeni officials had secretly informed the Cookish that they supported the blockade, but only insofar as it deterred the Brats from threatening New Macureus. The mutual defense agreement between Old and New Macureus meant that any invasion of the latter would bring the former into the conflict. Since Old Macureus was the only other matriarchy in the region, flawed though it was, if it entered a conflict Shrailleen was all but bound to support it.

In short, this escalation was not what the Empire had been hoping for. Officials in Imperial City had expected Bratoslovoukia to tone down its aggressive behavior in the face of the Cookish embargo, and then the blockade. They had not expected a Bratoslovoukian fleet to sail to Moody Bay, nor to have the Cookish ask for Shrailleeni military assistance for their own fleet. The Empire had no intention of being caught up in a regional conflict which had no direct impact upon them, and which indeed could hurt foreign perception of the Empire if they chose the wrong side. Finding peace was the best solution, but the Norvenians had beaten them to that route.

This is not the Norvenian’s conflict any more than it is Shrailleeni,” the Matriarch of War answered. “But they are not exactly known for peacemaking. They are warriors at heart, their aggression tempered only by their sense of honor. On the battlefield they are a force to contend with, but if Nalayan and Edomite reaction to them is any judge than they are poor in the art of diplomacy and speech.”

That is not necessarily true,” Minister Zattem interjected. “We do not know exactly what they are capable of diplomatically. And both sides have more in common with Norvenia than they do with Shrailleen. We should consider their offer equal to our own, support it, and then turn to our military concerns.

So we do not involve ourselves in the process?” Queen Gillya asked pointedly. “If we wish to be seen as a peaceful and honorable nation, we should take every opportunity to present ourselves as such.

We do not need to. At least, no more than a public statement of support for the conference. If the Goddess is with them, then they will find peace. If not, than we will have to act.

And how shall we act?” Army Matriarch Callatra asked. “Our surface fleet would be quickly decimated by the Bratoslovoukian Navy. And sending in the Submarine Fleet has numerous potential dangers.

And yet, we shall do so,” Matriarch Tress replied to her cousin. “We will wait for the peace conference to produce its fruit, but in the meantime we must prepare for the Great Misfortune. I intend to send several of our SSKs to aid the Cookish against Bratoslovoukia, and an additional few to Moody Bay. We should also keep the Air Command on alert. If the Cookish come into trouble to the north, our fighters should be able to reach the area and return given proper configuration. I shall also ask you,” she spoke to Callatra once again, “to make the Army ready in the north of Dengali. If things go south for the Cookish, we should be ready to come to their aid.

"And all this will be done in Dengali?" Governor Butler interrupted. His Railti was getting much better, and he was bound to view aid to the Cookish as being less than beneficial to his country. It was no secret that the Cookish thought that Dengali should be theirs, and that only the New Edomite and Shrailleeni presence was keeping them at bay.

"We will not put the Republic in danger Governor," the Matriarch of War replied, slightly annoyed at the interruption. "Our commitment to your defense comes first. Most of the fighting will take place far from here. We will simply use Dressanna as a staging ground for our forces, nothing more."

"But of course," he replied, still seeming a bit worried. Gillya resolved to ease his tension later, if it would keep him from bringing the wrong interpretation to the President.

"So it is settled then?" Gillya enquired over her coffee.

The other Shrailleeni in the room looked at each other, and confirmed their agreement. The Empire would now begin treading dangerously close to war. She hoped that they had not forgotten its nature.

An Encoded Message from the Enlightened Matriarchy of the Shrailleeni Empire

On behalf of Her Enlightened Majesty the Mother Empress Chella Resyanna fe Shrailleen,
With the full advisement of the Queens, Matriarchs, and Minister of the Royal Court

Dictated by Matriarch of War Tress Vilnis fe Fromathra

To Minister of Defense Antonio Munoz,

I will not mince words with you Minister, the Empire is not happy that this crisis has escalated so quickly. However, as our ambassador indicated we will support you in opposing the Bratoslovoukian threat. Their navy is interfering with trade between our nations, a trade which My Mother values very highly, and their army threatens stability in the entire region.

Our forces in the region will be mobilizing in Dressanna and in the Republic of Dengali. To aid your Navy, I have ordered the Submarine Fleet Dressanna into the Blue Sea, where they will be tasked with stalking the Bratoslovoukian Navy there. To the defense of Moody Bay I am committing a further three submarines, and you may expect limited air support from our Air Command upon request. I am also mobilizing the Battlegroups of the Army of the Mother Empress to patrol the Dengali-Cookish border. They will be at your disposal if the Bratoslovoukians make landfall on Cookish soil.

The Mother Empress is expected to make a statement on this matter soon, in which our preparations for battle will not be mentioned. However, they are being made. I only ask on her behalf that the Norvenian offer for mediation be taken with all due consideration by your government, even if the Bratoslovoukians do not. War is not the more desirable outcome of this conflict, though we are prepared to fight it.

With honor,

Matriarch of War Tress Vilnis fe Fromathra
On behalf of Her Enlightened Majesty the Mother Empress Chella Resyanna fe Shrailleen
Last edited by The Shrailleeni Empire on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

Bratoslovoukia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratoslovoukia » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:28 pm

Fort Triumph AFB
December 4, 2012

Colonel Promichek stood surveying the runways and hangars that filled the southern end of the air force base. It had been a day since he bid his family farewell and the Bratoslovoukian legislature had voted to begin attacks on the Cookish States. Yet was to occur, but both low-altitude and high-altitude drones had been flying many sorties over the Blue Sea trying to pin point the location of Cookish blockade. As Colonel Promichek looked at the strategic bombers rolling onto the runways, a lieutenant quickly ran to his side.

"Colonel Promichek, they need they you in the command room. There's a situation." The lieutenant quickly spoke.

"What is the nature of the situation?" Colonel Promichek asked as they began to walk.

"We have found the Cookish blockade and we need your approval to commence air and missile strikes." The lieutenant informed Colonel Promichek.

"Have you alerted Admiral Kazimir?" Colonel Promichek asked as they entered the command building.

"Yes, sir. The aircraft carriers have prepped a strike team consisting of 16 PAK FAs." The lieutenant hastily replied.

"Perfect." Colonel Promichek stated as he opened the door to the control room.

All the men in the room quickly stood up, saluting Colonel Promichek. Captain Karaschenko walked forward as the other men took their seats, motioning Colonel Promichek to a drone pilot's station.

"Lieutenant Sagdiyev, have your drone maintain visual on the ships." Captain Karaschenko ordered the drone pilot.

Captain Karaschenko lifted his hand to the drone pilot's monitor showing multiple Cookish vessels.

"Colonel, we know these ships to be part of the blockade. The Pavlovsk and the other carriers in the fleet have prepped a strike team. The BrahMos batteries on the missile cruisers are prepped and ready to fire. The ZX-112 drones are carrying small payload missiles, no big damage, but some damage all right. All we need is your blessing. Do we have it?"

"Yes," Colonel Promichek responded and the drone pilot began to speak into his headset as he pressed a button.

BNS Pavlovsk and 23rd Naval Fighter Wing
The Blue Sea
December 3, 2012

"It's go time." Captain Artyom Pavelek's voice rang through the speakers inside the Sukhoi PAK FAs that made up the strike team sent to attack the Cookish fleet.

The magnetic aircraft catapult was charged and Capt. Pavelek's plane was prepped and ready to go. The Admiral had come on deck moments ago to give the orders himself to the flight crew. The orders to start a war.

"Launch on my mark," Capt. Pavelek commanded. "3, 2, 1, launch."

The planes jerked forward on all of the four aircraft carriers in the fleets. Sixteen PAK FAs streaked together in an attack formation. The Cookish blockade was only 70 miles out and the supersonic planes would be there in minutes. The strategy was high-speed hit and run, at a relatively high altitude. The PAK FAs were the best damn stealth planes the Bratoslovoukian Naval Air Corps and about the whole military had. Armed with the supersonic BrahMos anti-ship missile, they were sure as hell deadly.

As the planes closed in on the fleet they were alerted to keep their distance after the strike as the Heavy BrahMos missiles from the land batteries sailed into the ships at supersonic speeds. The planes clocked in the targets for the missiles into the guidance systems.

"Get ready to fire." Capt. Pavelek ordered as he punched in the targeting on his computer systems.

A supersonic airstrike, that's all it was. As they aircraft launched their missiles at the Cookish ships, they quickly swooped away, but there was still a chance to be shot down. Capt. Pavelek looked behind him to see the BrahMos missiles from land streaking down at the Cookish ships.
Bratoslovoukia,a land untouched by the horrors of tyranny of the majority...until now.
Tourism|Embassies In: New Edom|Bratvit Standard Petroleum and Carbon Corporation|Bratoslovoukian Embassy Exchange Program|

The Cookish States
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:08 pm

The Blue Sea

The sailors on the CSm Medía were alerted to the aircraft upon their arrival. But their strike was too fast to react to for many ships. The Medía's Skyguard shielded itself and a few other vessels from the attacks, but it failed to detect two missiles striking both sides of the CSm Hanson. The ship broke in two, tangled pieces as men jumped into the freezing sea, and onto fast attack boats which had come to assist. All of the planes from the aircraft carriers Koch and Contierra were scrambled. F-18's pursued the fleeing Bratoslouvakian attackers, but the nearly outdated aircraft couldn't get their locks.

Admiral Reed was furious. He called the War Minister personally. The phone rang as the Admiral breathed heavily. It was picked up, but the Minister seemed to be arguing. A female voice mandated something..he couldn't hear.

"Supreme General, Minister, we have been attacked. Three ships are lost, two are damaged. The Hanson is sunk, the Sorto, and Caci are being evacuated, and two surface subs were hit. I'm ordering.."

Munoz, the Minister of War, seemed curt and disappointed as he interrupted Reed..

"You'll do nothing. Recover the survivors, we'll retrieve the dead with divers soon. You'll take defensive action, but do not fire on Bratoslouvakian assets which aren't an immediate danger to your fleet or those of our allies."

"Sir. That's profoundly stupid."

"That's politics. Hold your fire until the order is given."

Reed dropped the phone and readied the electronic countermeasures. Orders had been given for Cookish hackers within the States to begin a cyber-assault on Bratoslouvakian financial industries, to blatantly attempt to steal billions in loans and bonds. Furthermore, they uploaded viruses and malware to Bratoslouvakian governmental websites. This was certainly reminiscent of the war in New Edom, where electronic attacks crippled their anti-air system, allowing for terrible damage to be done. Now, the stations on board of a few ships targeted coastal radars and bases, sending overwhelming signals and codes to overload Bratoslouvakian systems.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Official Communique From: The State and War Departments of The Cookish States
To: The Nations of Cornellia
Concerning: Direct Confrontation at Risk

Good evening,

We are disheartened to inform the nations of the world that the rouge nation of Bratoslouvakia has attack the Cookish Blue Sea Flotilla. Deaths are estimated at nearly two hundred sailors, and four ships are lost. Today, we mourn the loss of great seamen who have now had their lives taken from them.

But, the Cookish are a tolerant people. We will attend the peace meeting proposed by representatives in Norvenia, however, we are obligated by our honor to exact some form of revenge for this bloodshed. Let it be known that any Bratoslouvakian vessel within sight of the blockade will be seized. If they refuse to yield their crafts, they will be sunk. Our submarines will remain in range to allow the use of both ballistic and tactical nuclear attacks. Any further belligerence from these warmongers will result in the declaration of war against this state. We urge Bratoslouvakia to back down, in the name of peace. But, we do not mind their continuance of hostilities either, in the name of honor.

Bratoslovoukia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratoslovoukia » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:17 pm

To: The Government of the Commonwealth of Norvenia
Subject: Edwards Hill Summit
Encryption: High
We will be sending a representative to your "summit". Please contact us with further details.
Yours,
The Government of Bratoslovoukia

Common Territories
Senator

Postby Common Territories » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:11 pm

Blue Sea
Cornellia
INS Furry
IN Task Force: Alpha

The Imperial Navy Ship Furry, one of two Waarden classes on route to meet up with Cookish ships to assist in their operation. Captain Will, acting commander of the strike force, was sitting in his chair on deck remembering his direct orders from Admiral James L.P., his commanding officer in the region of Cornellia. "You head for the fleet of Cookish vessels and identify yourselves so not to get shot at. You'll be at their mercy then, they should be expecting you whenever." The later aged man with graying hair looked out the window in the cold air, he knew he was going to provide good help to the Cookish but he didn't know what it was worth. We weren't getting anything out of it at all he thought. "If this danger is all worth for some 'good relations' than why? We have great trade as it is and that's enough for now if we aren't allied or becoming. There is possibility even with our more advanced ships we could be killed. I don't doubt his majesty but this seems a but to playful."

The Captain didn't despise the Cookish, he just didn't think this was all worth it, half assed at least. The aging 48 year old man was a specialist in naval warfare, especially in aerial situations. He earned his rank on his requested choice of a Waarden class ship that he was no leading into a war not even being declared yet. He was thinking to himself when the communications officer spoke up.

"Sir! We just got word that the Cookish fleet was attacked by jets. We're getting more intelligence now. Reporting four ships lost!" he hollered.

"Well that was fast. Send over all Intel to myself, the other captains, and information officers on the other ships." Capt. Will replied.

"Yes sir." the communications officer replied before returning to work.

Capt. Will looked over what he was getting transmitted to his own computer laptop connected to his chair. Understanding the reports received from witnesses and the Cookish sources. "Commander?" he inquired to his 2nd in command standing to his left. "Dose the Cookish response time trouble you like it dose myself?"

"I don't know? It dose seem slow to be honest sir. What are imposing?" his Cmdr. replied.

"Stealth. If it were stealth cruise missiles they would have at least responded faster with less damage. I'd say stealth planes since they do have some in their arsenal I believe. Without a specifically powerful radar system, it would be hard to spot a stealth fighter getting to close. It's a shame we didn't get there earlier."

"Sir?"

"Our sensors are strong enough to find stealth craft from a pretty decent distance so our anti-air would have knocked them out of the sky if not saved a few Cookish ships." The Captain said. He was confident now that he worked out the response time and the damage that unless the Cookish were unprepared or stealth aircraft attacked the fleet. The Waardens advanced radar and protection armaments would have greatly aided the Cookish no doubt if it had been in range at the time. With the arrival of the IN force to the local area the captain ordered

To: Cookish naval blockade fleet
Encryption: Highest

Our force of
2x Waarden Class
4x Mogami class cruisers
4x Phlegethon-classes

have now reached the area and we have spotted your fleet. We will be heading to link up with you as soon as we are given permission. I am Captain Will Tinsmith of the INS Furry, commander of the TECT task force. We will be in your care once we link up. We hear you had a run in with trouble, hopefully our anti-air specialty will come in handy along with our advanced sensors and armaments. We await a response.

The Cookish States
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:07 pm

Reed picked up his radio, his eyes watering a bit. The men on those ships were friends, their families went to the same schools, wives were always gossiping amongst eachother. It was tragic. For the nation and himself. Clearing as much emotion as he could, he mustered a response.

"This is Captain Reed of the Cookish Military Ship Medía, we are aware of your presence and have marked you as friendlies. I ask that this channel remain secure between the captains of each ship. We've taken some losses, not heavy, but painful losses. I'd like information to be at a need-to-know basis."
__________________________________________________________________________________
Transmission to Bratoslouvakian Forces near Moody Bay:

Code: Select all
We refuse to have Bratoslouvakian ships threatening our waters and homeland. Our anti-ship missiles reach well into the area of your fleet, as do our nuclear armaments on our submarines. The Cookish no longer fear the atom, for we've felt its colorless heat. Your fleet has EXACTLY 36 hours to vacate Cookish waters, and be no closer than one hundred nautical miles from the international waterline or steps will be taken to insure that your sailors suffer a loss tenfold what was lost today by our own brave men in the Blue Sea. Do not reply, just comply.
END MESSAGE

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:01 am

The Blue Sea,
200km from Cookish Fleet

Sub-Fleet Matriarch Terressi Vilnis fe Fromathra was quite at home in the tiny cabin of the S.I.S. Shrallas. At first she had been uncomfortable with being in a fragile ship "sailing" up to 400 meters below the ocean's surface. But after almost a year of heading her Divinus-class submarine, she considered it more of a home than her room in the Fromathrine palace.

And now she was in command of the ten submarines deployed to aid the Cookish in their blockade. Her command was a virtue of her being the only Shrailleeni naval officer to have participated in and achieved victory in combat. Her beloved submarine had been responsible for the sinking of the New Othman submarine that had attacked the Shrailleeni Trade Fleet. And now her instructions were to locate the Bratoslovoukian navy in the Blue Sea, infiltrate it, and if necessary add another kill to her service record. Of course, this assumed that she survived the experience. Her fleet was built for stealth, and adept at their duties, but stealth technology did not make a ship invisible. Even if it weren't formally declared, this was war. And war carried risks.

"Matriarch," a shirtless sailor poked his head into her chamber. On officer on the surface fleet might have ruined the man for that, but Terressi had quickly discovered that the normal rules and discipline were all but impossible to maintain on a submarine. Her ship wasn't nuclear, but the Shrailleeni deployed their Submarine Fleet on nearly constant rotations. After weeks of being stuck in an underwater box together, you learned that modesty and strict discipline were overrated.

"Yes?" she asked, a half-hearted attempt at formal recognition.

"Towed SONAR indicates a fleet of ships roughly 200km from our position, and another small group approaching. But we think that the Cookish fleet has been hit, we are picking up sounds from underwater..."

"Mm," the Matriarch responded passively. "We cannot confirm?"

"Not without activating active SONAR Matriarch."

It was standard Submarine Fleet policy not to engage active SONAR when entering a potentially hostile zone. The SONAR suite on the Divinus was designed to maximize the effectiveness of passive SONAR, and to monitor its own noise output to ensure the greatest possible stealth. Properly handled, she really could turn invisible if she managed to enter a ship's noise cone undetected. It was reaching that point which provided the challenge.

"Don't bother," she shook her head. "Launch the buoy, and make contact with the Cookish. They will be able to tell us what is going on, I think. And we should probably let them know that we are about to deploy in the area, so that they don't sink us."

The sailor knew her too well, and responded with a small smile. "And we should contact the supply ship so that we do not sink on the way over, yes?"

"Stand down sailor, unless you want to taste steel." Her eyes flashed dangerously, and the sailor backed down in his body language. She had to keep some order, after all. "Send both messages, and inform me when it is done."

"Yes My Matriarch," he responded with a hint of satire, before vanishing from her doorway.

From a small hatch on the submarine's hull, a buoy attached to a fiberoptic cable began to make its way steadily to the surface.

To: Cookish Navel Blockade Fleet
Encryption: Maximum

Greetings Fleet Commander. Shrailleeni Submarine 2nd Division is now on approach to your position. Reporting 9x Divinus class SSKs, and 1x Tenskwatawa Class SSN. Operational orders are currently to approach Bratoslovoukian Navy under stealth measures, observe, and infiltrate. Request advice on current tactical situation and Cookish operational orders, as well as possible friendly forces in the area.
Ask Me Anything IC
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

The Cookish States
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:07 am

The Shrailleeni Empire wrote:
The Blue Sea,
200km from Cookish Fleet

Sub-Fleet Matriarch Terressi Vilnis fe Fromathra was quite at home in the tiny cabin of the S.I.S. Shrallas. At first she had been uncomfortable with being in a fragile ship "sailing" up to 400 meters below the ocean's surface. But after almost a year of heading her Divinus-class submarine, she considered it more of a home than her room in the Fromathrine palace.

And now she was in command of the ten submarines deployed to aid the Cookish in their blockade. Her command was a virtue of her being the only Shrailleeni naval officer to have participated in and achieved victory in combat. Her beloved submarine had been responsible for the sinking of the New Othman submarine that had attacked the Shrailleeni Trade Fleet. And now her instructions were to locate the Bratoslovoukian navy in the Blue Sea, infiltrate it, and if necessary add another kill to her service record. Of course, this assumed that she survived the experience. Her fleet was built for stealth, and adept at their duties, but stealth technology did not make a ship invisible. Even if it weren't formally declared, this was war. And war carried risks.

"Matriarch," a shirtless sailor poked his head into her chamber. On officer on the surface fleet might have ruined the man for that, but Terressi had quickly discovered that the normal rules and discipline were all but impossible to maintain on a submarine. Her ship wasn't nuclear, but the Shrailleeni deployed their Submarine Fleet on nearly constant rotations. After weeks of being stuck in an underwater box together, you learned that modesty and strict discipline were overrated.

"Yes?" she asked, a half-hearted attempt at formal recognition.

"Towed SONAR indicates a fleet of ships roughly 200km from our position, and another small group approaching. But we think that the Cookish fleet has been hit, we are picking up sounds from underwater..."

"Mm," the Matriarch responded passively. "We cannot confirm?"

"Not without activating active SONAR Matriarch."

It was standard Submarine Fleet policy not to engage active SONAR when entering a potentially hostile zone. The SONAR suite on the Divinus was designed to maximize the effectiveness of passive SONAR, and to monitor its own noise output to ensure the greatest possible stealth. Properly handled, she really could turn invisible if she managed to enter a ship's noise cone undetected. It was reaching that point which provided the challenge.

"Don't bother," she shook her head. "Launch the buoy, and make contact with the Cookish. They will be able to tell us what is going on, I think. And we should probably let them know that we are about to deploy in the area, so that they don't sink us."

The sailor knew her too well, and responded with a small smile. "And we should contact the supply ship so that we do not sink on the way over, yes?"

"Stand down sailor, unless you want to taste steel." Her eyes flashed dangerously, and the sailor backed down in his body language. She had to keep some order, after all. "Send both messages, and inform me when it is done."

"Yes My Matriarch," he responded with a hint of satire, before vanishing from her doorway.

From a small hatch on the submarine's hull, a buoy attached to a fiberoptic cable began to make its way steadily to the surface.

To: Cookish Navel Blockade Fleet

Greetings Fleet Commander. Shrailleeni Submarine 2nd Division is now on approach to your position. Reporting 9x Divinus class SSKs, and 1x Tenskwatawa Class SSN. Operational orders are currently to approach Bratoslovoukian Navy under stealth measures, observe, and infiltrate. Request advice on current tactical situation and Cookish operational orders, as well as possible friendly forces in the area.

Reed had taken a helicopter to the CSm Koch to access its control hub and meet its captain for the first time. Captain Antonius was mostly Roman, but partly Aldaran, a rarity in the States. He prided his ties to "nobility" which the Cookish almost always found repulsive. Any position that required metal headwear worth more than the average house, or any title longer than a child's attention span, generally filled the Cookish with spite. And yet, this "royal" was captain of one of the strongest ship in the Cookish Coastal Defense Corps. Reed spat on the deck, he didn't care. Antonius would have had Reed's position had he not advocated military action against the Free Congress in New Edom very publicly. Joe looked the man in the eye and received his giddy report on the wonderful status of the ship, which was in the 2nd Fleet, apart from the losses suffered within the 4th Action Fleet. His voice seemed to be similar to the voice of the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoons...between the rabble, he heard..

"...and we're all horrified at what happened, I had to pull my ships away from pursuing, I had to make it a direct order, I made sure nothing more happened, I wasn't afraid like I thought I'd be though. I was pretty calm and..."

Antonius trailed off as the speakers on deck called him to the hub. Reed followed, annoyed. As the ran to the bridge, Reed noticed that the man had a false leg, it was the springy kind, concaved at what would be the knee. He hadn't noticed until just now. Maybe this guy wasn't as green as presumed...

What Reed didn't know, was that Antonius had saved quite a few lives by pulling men out of flaming compartments in the Dengali war. Edomite aircraft an a Tehraani vessel had sunk his ship, and he was solely responsible for the survival of four seamen.

But now he watched Antonius speak into his radio. Less annoyed and more intrigued..

"We have spotted both fleets. Yes."

He changed the channel to the Shrailleeni one, and contacted their fleet.

"We have sight, you are marked as friendly. The private channel of the fleet can be found on frequency 119.2, we will announce changes through telegram, this will occur every twelve hours."

The TECT fleet was already on this channel, as was the Zanborian portion of the blockade.

"Our orders, which you'll have to mimic, are to not fire unless fired upon. If you see a Bratoslouvakian vessel or aircraft, don't hesitate to fired a warning shot, or a thousand, or a missile. If you can see them, they can hit you. Captain Will of the TECT fleet will keep you updated on radar movements as will Admiral Reed of ours. Glad to have you here, may God guide me, and the Mother Empress guide you."
Last edited by The Cookish States on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:55 am

Bratoslovoukia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratoslovoukia » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:07 pm

BNS Araskov
Under the Blue Sea
December 5, 2012

"Captain Ramius, we have detected multiple TECT and Shraileeni ships entering the blockade. It is unknown if any subs are in the AO. We are in range to launch high explosive tactical nuclear warheads. What should we do?" A naval officer asked the sub commander.

"Commander Vasilikov, tell the other subss to engage their magnetohydrodynamic drives. We cannot risk detection at this. If any sonar manages to detect we're are, to put it kindly, screwed." Captain Ramius replied checking his naval watch. "Have I made myself, clear?"

"Yes, captain." Command Vasilikov rushed over.

Captain Ramius had been serving in the navy since he was 17 which was 42 years ago. He looked over the control room of the massive sub. The were tens of crewmen shuffling about. The Araskov was the pride of the subfleet and some 700 ft and length. It was damn sleek submarine, built for stealth. It was not a serious missile carrier, no nukes, just cruise missiles. All of the missiles could be water launched, but the torperdoes were the real deal with the sub. Six could be launched at a time. Each with its own target and a nuclear warhead. For this mission however, only a few nukes would be enough.

"Captain Ramius, the enemy vessels are within range, do we have your permission to fire?" Commander Vasilikov asked across the room.

"Target the largest vessels with the nuclear warheads, only use a few. Have the other subs use standard torpedoes." Captain Ramius commanded.

Captain Ramius waited for a moment.

"The other subs are ready to fire." Commander Vasilikov responded.

"On my mark. 3...2...1...fire!" Captain Ramius loudly commanded.

Salvos of tens of torpedoes streaked from each submarine, each at a different hull. The nuclear ones were easily visible and one streaked at the largest of the ships. Maybe we forgot what it's like to destroy ships in a matter of seconds.

Ministry of Commerce
Bratvit, Bratoslovoukia
December 5, 2012

"Minister Tsarev, I regret inform that 9,000,000 dollars have been stolen from the Bratavia Stock Exchange." A page told the Minister of Commerce.

"What?" Minister Tsarev demanded.

"IKON blames Cookish cyberterrorists." The page replied.

The minister began screaming.

"Should I inform the press, wait, I'll take that as a yes." The page walked out to leave the minister to his screaming.

To: The Governments of the Allied States of New Edom and the Commonwealth of Norvenia, The Bratvit Res Publica, The Bratavia Times
From: The Ministry of Commerce of the United Federation of Bratoslovoukia
Encryption: Medium
Subject: Cookish cyber attack steals billions from Bratoslovoukian citizens.
A Cookish cyberattack has caused hundreds of Bratoslovoukian to go homeless after stealing billions of dollars from them. I feel that this is a terrible act from the Cookish states which has affected many citizens greatly.

The Cookish States
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:05 pm

The Blue Sea

The CSm Koch floated alongside the Medía. The TECT and Shrailleeni fleets had just come up, and the Zanborian vessels were present as well. The blockade was very successful, it was extremely difficult for ships to access Bratoslouvakia. After the attack, ASW aircrafts, including AH's and F-18's, had constant patrols. With overlapping sonar and detection devices, the blockade was able to find the Bratoslouvakian projectiles before they reached to dangerous a level...
___________________________________________________________________________________
CSm Medía

One could see amidst the ship, everyone was scrambling. On the decks of visible ships, one could see something similar occurring. Reed was growing tired of this, the Bratoslouvakians just would not let up. He assumed it was them trying to scare the Cookish into attacking by feigning offenses. However, the decision to combat the nuclear warheads was made before the Admiral could even get from his quarters to the hub. All he heard was a distant but loud, bass filled thunder. Watching UAV footage, he saw that the missile cruiser Delta had nearly completely disappeared. Within a few seconds, that vessel, along with five fast patrol boats nearby, were gone. In disbelief, he stumbled to his deck and saw for certain the watery mushroom cloud maybe fifty miles away. Unthinkable. He got right to his bedside phone and accessed the network for the entire flotilla

"This is Admiral Joe Reed, leader of the Blue Sea Flotilla, let it be known that the Bratoslouvakian has utilized their nuclear torpedoes against the Cookish Military Ships Delta, Hardin, Bomba, Everclear, and Levantante Contierra. There are no survivors from any of the ships. We are now at a war footing, and will use all available means to punish this nation for its crimes against the world. Your missions have already been briefed to you. God save us all."

Reed hurriedly got to the hub, he had a war to fight now.
FA-18 ASW, Lieutenant Bess
Over the Blue Sea

Upon launching the torpedoes, the Bratoslouvakian sub had made a massive target of itself. From the air swooped twelve FA-18 Anti-Submarine-Warfare fighters, letting torpedo after torpedo propel themselves toward the ship. Lieutenant Bess had a different mission, she was a part of a ten plane contingency which protected the sub-hunters. She flicked her Sidewinders, Pythons, and her Nimbus LRAAM's.

There were about ninety Cookish planes going toward the Bratoslouvakian coast, and searching the seas. And sixty AH-64's aboard helicopter carriers watched for new submarines as they were detected by TECT detection devices as well as their Cookish counterparts.
The 27th Marine Invasion Force
The Blue Sea

The transport ships with the 3rd Logistical Fleet held 3,000 Cookish Marines with their equipment. The order had been given, they'd invade just as soon as the waters were cleared. Along with them was the 28th Infantry Division, though they weren't accustomed to shore invasions. Karelsgrad was their target, as submarines and planes began to pelt it with missile after missile, and the missile cruisers added to it as well, they didn't suppose the city would be in good shape when they got there.
Under The Blue Sea

The CSm Rapier drifted under the waves, at a depth of about three hundred feet. Their sub wasn't outfitted with particular stealth technologies, but the engines were off, and they could have been a whale for all the Bratoslouvakians were concerned. The wolfpack in question, which was headed by the Rapier, was just entering range of the Bratoslouvakian fleet. Approximately fifty kilometers away, the torpedoes had the fuel to go at full speed until impact. After launching a total of seventeen at important targets, the six submarines shut their engines back off and sunk themselves nearly to the ocean floor. They'd expect a sub to run away, but they wouldn't expect silence. The Cookish had quite a few stealth subs, even a few in this theater, but the Bratoslouvakians didn't need to know that these submarines were 70's era antiques with 2000's era armament.
Chugiak Missile Command
North Cookeland, The Cookish States, Outside Elmendorf AFB

Four-Star General Gabriel Pod'nt was one of the most influential men in the Cookish Military. In Dengali, he'd led his brigade to a rare and hard-fought victory. He joined the army in 1993 with a masters degree in various sciences including nuclear, so his assignments were clear no matter how had he tried to stay on the line. Now, he guided the nations nukes, which had recently be reduced to mostly defensive armaments. He watched the now infamous and viral UAV footage of the Cookish ship being sunk, it was strange that he hadn't been contacted yet.

In any case, he knew what he had at his disposal for offensive operations. Seven long range ballistic missiles that could hit anywhere in Bratoslouvakia. They were all LGM-30's, very difficult to spot, and very difficult to distinguish between when a hail of missiles from the Blue Sea was hitting their country. In the case that they were discovered, a multimillion dollar countermeasure device was placed inside the shell of the missile, to viciously fight off any countermeasures. Suddenly, his heart was racing. He might have to do this, this might all come down to him! He held the power, it was his button to push. A Brigadier General, General Hidalgo, came and spoke the terrifying words...

"All missiles are to be fueled, primed, and prepared. Launch imminent."

Without emotion, the man walked out of the room. Would a simple Hienmenian farm-boy with a knack for science take part in the ending of the world? He didn't have to launch yet though, they'd take a few hours to acquire targets, and the like. In any case, no one knew anything about the Bratoslouvakian nuclear arsenal. This could be the closing moment of his life. This could be the closing moments for Cornellia.
Last edited by The Cookish States on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Common Territories
Senator

Postby Common Territories » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:32 pm

Blue Sea
Blockade Fleet
INS Furry

Please refer to this post before Cookes. This was meant to be first but the work typing was beaten by Cookes post.

Captain Will followed his orders and followed his procedures as he would in a normal fleet operation. He hooked up all the ships in his own group and finally connected the rest of the blockade with direct feedback, allowing them to get alerts at the same time as they did. Just another feature of the amazing Waarden class, and it wasn't the only feature that made it superior to most other ships. The two Waarden ships especially were now connected, allowing the INS Furry and INS Justice to virtually combine as one unit. They now shared their intelligence, weapons and their responses, their communications, even their 'protective bubbles' were now interlinked on the 3D scale. The large defense perimeter was so far that it was virtually limitless, though the range they can actually target objects is limited other than the actual sky. This defense screen or 'bubble' defends the ship along with its group, working with other ships especially Waardens like itself. It is combined by another ship of its class that has linked up fully allowing it to share its bubble with the entire fleet and far beyond. Above and bellow the water. Capt. Will made sure all other craft were connected so they could all respond as soon as a threat was detected. It was a great thing he did too, all thanks to training and experience of the last time he didn't allow other ships to fully connect.

All it took was a single noise. The alarm went off on the deck of the ships in the TECT fleet, obviously responding to the sub's changed movements and preparations to fire its torpedoes. "Sir! Enemy detected bellow waters. One sub and it's huge sir!" the intelligence officer hollered out.

"Why didn't we detect them earlier!?" Capt. Will responded.

"They've been quiet since before our arrival sir. Our scanners didn't get a reading because of it." he replied.

Capt. Will knew subs mite be in the area and wasn't very surprised they made their move now. He was confused to why attack now? There was not any incoming missiles nor aircraft to assist. Let alone any vessels approaching. It snapped in his brain like twig snapping in two. "Make sure the ZMI MASER's up! Ready the VLS's and our decoys! Prepare to fire ether AA or ATM's in VLS and AT's for the Triple Eurotorp's! Move Now!" He was absolutely sure they were about to be attacked by an enemy submarine(s) he didn't know when or how but it was coming, he was sure of it. Within 3 minutes the stations were readied on their own ship and along their companions ships. They were prepared for an attack but had no idea when it would hit. Will thought a sea born missile strike was expected but then he thought that was way to slow of an attack for the Brat's, especially considering their fast air hit and run earlier. HE only hoped the other crews on his now allied ships were following his advise. The moment the torpedoes were fired the Waarden's detected them leaving the tubes.

"Incoming! Torpedoes! Number increasing from multiple locations sir! Defensive actions already responding!" the sonar operations officer yelled.

"Fire what isn't already firing and brace for impact!" Capt. Will yelled griping onto his seat awaiting the results of his last minute preparations. "May god shine his divine blessing upon us lads." he whispered to himself in German.

He expected damned torpedoes too. They were fast and much more direct then a missile fired from the sea. The Waarden was mostly made for defending the air even if it was designed to protect from under water too. His intelligent guessing has helped throughout his life including now and before, not realizing he probably saved every person's life in the fleet if not most of them. It didn't help now that he was guessing they were using something special if they decided to launch a torpedo attack now without backup. "What ever we aren't firing now I want ASM being blasted down on them now! If they want to try sinking us, lets try sinking them with our own air version of a torpedo, a missile."

The INS Furry was just one of the ships that was firing off missiles one by one from its VLS systems and its tubes located on deck. Torpedo launchers were also at work firing down their payload. The INS Justice was a mirror of the Furry doing the same. Meanwhile the other TECT ships were too firing their missiles and torpedoes. All those smart rods of death flew into the sea followed by torpedoes. What ever missiles were not targeting the incoming torpedoes were targeting the subs themselves. Both ATM and ASM were doing their jobs along side the ATT and AST. Hopefully the TECT allies had done the same. Already were scanners showing massive interception of the torpedoes but the massing of them was still concerning.
Last edited by Common Territories on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bratoslovoukia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratoslovoukia » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:48 pm

BNS Araskov
Under the Blue Sea
December 5, 2012

The Araskov was jerked about by the cascades of missiles. The submarines, having been detected, engaged their full power propellers to push themselves back towards the Bratoslovoukian fleet and safety. Captain Ramius was shaken by the quaking sub as he made his way to the captain's seat on the control room. Every man in the sub was work frantically to ensure the safe journey of the vessel to the rest of the fleet. An ensign happened to peer out just catching a glimpse of the BNS Saramech sinking to the icy ocean floor and with it all hands. As the cold winds of winter began to sweep the icy surface of the Blue Sea, the first shots of a war that might decide the fate of the region were being fired.

BNS Pavlovsk
The Blue Sea
December 5, 2012

Admiral Kazamir stood on the flight deck of the super carrier. Gradually more and more PAK FAs and Su-27s were launched from the icy catapults that lined the deck of the massive air craft carrier. The cold wind, no doubt blowing off the glaciers many miles to the north, skimmed the water gently before gracefully smashing into the deck of the ship. Admira Kazamir's grayish white hair was lightly ruffled by the wind as frost began to form on his white mustache. He took a long drag on a nearly burnt out cigarette before dropping it to the deck of the carrier and smashing it with the black metal heel of his leather boot.

Admiral Kazamir quickly walked down to a Su-27 which had been raised up to the deck. He passed his old pale hand over the flush body of the jet
and onto the tip of a missile attached to a steel hard point. He walked over to the cockpit and remember the days when he was a naval pilot, gee, it was certainly more interesting than being a damned admiral. It was these decisions, the life and death ones, that really made his job terrible, it hurt when he clapped for the pilots who killed 200 Cookish sailors.

Admiral Kazamir had no idea what the next move would be. The marine raid was sometime in the future but they had no move right now. It was just hit and run tactics and so far we had no losses, but the damage report from the sub raid hadn't come in yet. The jets were still flying formation around the fleet, but Cookish might just be bypassing the fleet. The shore had been prepped for an invasion and the Bratoslovoukians were ready to put up a fight.

"Admiral, we have new orders." An ensign reported.

"What?" Admiral Kazamir replied.

"We are to sail into Bratvit Bay to protect the city from attack. The other fleets are to protect Bratavia." The ensign reported.

"Very well," the Admiral replied.

The ships began to sail to Hoboken.

Karelsgrad
The Coast of Bratoslovoukia
December 5, 2012

The shore was lined with mines and pill boxes. Anti-tank batteries and Czech hedgehogs lined the shore. The 56th Mechanized Infantry was already there and 89th Tank Battalion had arrived and were along the shore their guns point south. Most the vehicles had been brought into the subway system when the missiles started hitting and the soldiers were in rat holes and bunkers. That is when their leader, General Maxim Petrov, had the idea for their strategy. Maybe we forgot what it's like to gun down hordes of enemies.

The Cookish States
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:39 pm

The Blue Sea, Near Bratoslouvakian Shore

The Cookish jets flew out of any formation familiar to western or eastern pilots. The ninety planes were at different altitudes, going different speeds, with different missions. 8 A-10's were flying above any of the F-18's and F-14's, who were going to clash with the Bratoslouvakians, or "Bennie" as the Cookish had coined them. They each held a thermobaric fuel air bomb, part of Contingency Delta initially reserved for use against Kazakia or the Shrailleeni.

The plan was to ravage not the coasts, but the support elements just behind these coastlines. Like any modern military, Cookish commanders imagined that the Bratoslouvakians had lined the coast. Just like the Cookish had done in the defense of Sarxland in 2004, the Edomites against Samnium, the Nalayans against the Norvenians, and just like the Kalarians were doing against the Iberians now.

Approximately ten miles behind the main defenses, the high-flying planes prepared to drop their bombs. The explosives weren't intended to kill very many, but ammunition stores, artillery support, aircraft runways, field hospitals, and reinforcements were all about to be targeted. Worse yet for Bennie, the missile cruisers of the CCDC had orders to hit the main defenses with Patriot, Grizzly, Bullfrog (two Cookish designs) and SCUD missiles. After all of this was accomplished, and the naval superiority won, the troops would sweep through and mop up. You couldn't take the fight out of the Bratoslouvakian, but you could take the Bratoslouvakian out of the fight.

Bratoslovoukia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratoslovoukia » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:06 am

The Coast
Near Karelsgrad
December 6, 2012

The SAM turret that had been mounted along the beast consistently launched missile after missile at the incoming planes. General Maxim Petrov sat in heavily fortified pillbox that sat atop a ridge. In the dim pillbox a radio controller was yelling into a radio as soldiers made sure the pill box was secure. The cold air blew through the opening in the pill box rustled the graying brown hair of General Petrov. Ice had formed on the shore were the cold waters washed up against the rocks. The rocks, or the beach rather, seemed like a war zone more than anywhere else.

Fort Triumph AFB
Bratoslovoukia
December 6, 2012

"This is Colonel Arel Promichek." Colonel Promichek ordered over the loudspeakers of the base. "All planes are scrambled towards Karelsgrad, stealth planes please report for further tasking."

In a flurry of jets, wing after wing streaked towards Karelsgrad. F-117s and B2s assumed a v formation towards Karelsgrad.

"Your orders are to hunt and kill. Find any Cookish elements and destroy them. Have I made myself clear?" Colonel Promichek ordered the stealth planes that were quickly moving toward Karelsgrad.

Norvenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Norvenia » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:47 am

The Assembly of the Commonwealth of Norvenia, Astor-of-Stone

"And as we sat there," - Chancellor Gwillem Thomas had to shout to make himself heard over the roar of Assembly representatives on their feet, shouting with outrage - "aye, even as we sat there discussing peace, even at that moment, they were launching their attack! At that very moment, as they claimed to seek a mediated solution, they scorned mediation, spat in the eye of peace, and used the honor of the Cookish to launch an illegal and unprovoked assault on them." Thomas spread his hands, appealing to the legislators. "I ask you, ladies and gentlemen of this honorable house, is this the behavior of a nation with any respect for law? With any desire for peace? With any capacity for truth? With any care for human life?"

The answer came back resoundingly in the negative. "No!" roared a dozen voices. "Justice!" shouted several more. Representative Abel Merton, from the rural Western coast, stuck his thumbs in his belt, thrust out his chest, and bellowed in stentorian tones: "This nation will never be safe while Bratoslovoukian treachery goes unpunished!" The Assembly erupted in applause.

Gwillem Thomas raised his hands for silence, and a hush fell over the house. "I do not ask you for a declaration of war," the Chancellor said. His voice, firm and sad and determined, carried to every corner of the great marble chamber. "For a government can only declare war on another government, and the Bratoslovoukian regime has by its actions this day lost all right to call itself a government. It is a gang of elected thugs with no understanding of legitimate rule."

"Hear, hear," cried a lone voice from somewhere in the crowd of representatives. Thomas held up his hands again, and silence returned.

"I do not ask you for a declaration of war," the Chancellor repeated. "But I do ask you for two things. I ask you to vote the Office of the Chancellor war powers, to prosecute with all the force at this mighty nation's disposal the removal from power of the Bratoslovoukian regime. And I ask you to pass the Wartime Economics Act prepared by Mr. Smythe, my chief of staff, to allocate sufficient funds to military spending and industrial production as to assure a swift and complete victory in this war. What say you?"

"Aye!" roared the house.

"I will see a division," shouted the Speaker of the Assembly. The vote was swift; both measures passed with less than five votes against.

Gwillem Thomas nodded. He stepped forward and grasped the speaker's podium, head held high. "Then with the backing of this august Assembly, with the support and sacrifice of the Norvenian people, with the aid of our allies and of peace-loving people everywhere, with the strength of our ancient ideals, and with the blessing of God Almighty, I promise you today that this war will be fought with honor and won in triumph, in spite of all suffering and sacrifice. And that men and women decades hence shall look back on this day, and remember our deeds with pride, and say that this was the hour when the peace of Cornellia was won."

War Room, Chancellor House, Astor-of-Stone

"We will smash them," General Frederick Vandercreuse predicted grimly. "It will be costly, in treasure and in blood. But we will stomp these bastards flat."

Gwillem Thomas nodded. "Show me the plan."

Vandercreuse turned to a large wall-mounted screen, which showed a map of Cornellia. "First of all," he announced, "we will limit our operations to the Blue Sea area. We don't have the numbers to fight on two fronts, and the Cookish States are a long way away. They'll have to defend themselves, with the help of their allies."

"My people are already working to build a regional coalition against the Bratoslovoukians," Amelia O'Donnel interjected. "Roman and Nalayan force of arms, in particular, would be of huge importance for operations in the Aldaran Ocean."

Thomas nodded and turned back to Vandercreuse. The big man waved a hand across the screen. "So we only need to worry about the northern Blue Sea," he concluded. "We can focus all of our attention on Bratoslovoukia itself. For now, that means air and sea dominance."

"What numbers?" Thomas's voice was weary.

Vandercreuse brought up a sheet of figures. "Most of our available naval forces. This is right in our backyard, and we want to land a knockout blow early. Twelve Pijl-class arsenal ships, networked to twenty-four Hatchet-class frigates with AN/MPQ-71 radar. That's our main naval strike force; it's enough to seal off the Bratoslovoukian coast tight as a drum. Then ten Waarden-class escort cruisers, for air defense. We know that the Bratoslovoukians like stealth fighters; we're not going to give them the opportunity to sneak anything through. The frigates alone should be able to spot a PAK FA, let alone an SU-27; and because of dataspace integration, anything that the Hatchets can spot, the Waardens can shoot down."

"Submarines?" Gwillem Thomas rapped the table. "The nuclear missiles were submarine-launched."

"Another ten frigates, these optimized for anti-submarine warfare. Bow and towed sonar. Plus, we'll be sending in five of our own subs, Vampier-class hunter-killers. It takes a sub to kill a sub. With 'Charybdis' heavy torpedoes, they should be able to destroy even the largest enemy vessels."

The Chancellor nodded. "So that's enough to blockade the country, and destroy anything - above the sea, on the sea, or under the sea - that tries to get through. What then?"

"We pound 'em flat," growled Vandercreuse. "Missile bombardment from the arsenal ships - twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. If the Bratoslovoukians think that they've got their beaches fortified enough to resist a hundred straight hours of direct cruise missile strikes, they're wrong. We move a Commonwealth-class aircraft carrier up to the blockade once we're confident that the Bratoslovoukian Blue Sea fleet is bottled up or destroyed, and launch carrier-born airstrikes on every military unit within fifty miles of the coast. We're close enough that San Real bombers and Hellion cruise missiles based in western Norvenia can hit targets in Bratoslovoukia and return safely, especially if we have airborne refueling set up midway in between. So we hit them with cruise missiles from the fleet. We hit them with even more cruise missiles from Norvenia. We hit them with airstrikes from the fleet. We hit them with bombing missions from Norvenia. My people are telling me that they expect to hammer the Bratoslovoukian coast with close to forty million pounds - twenty thousand metric tons - of high explosives and thermobaric missiles in the first week." Vandercreuse gave an utterly humorless grin. "There won't be anything left of Bratoslovoukian coastal defenses but a line of smoking craters from the Kazakian border in the north to New Macureus in the south."

"How expensive?" That was Henry Smythe, leaning forward with a frown.

"At least a billion talents before we even make landfall," Vandercreuse replied bluntly. "But it's that or try to storm fortified beaches. And the effect on the enemy's morale will be devastating. It'll prove to them that they're outmatched, that we can just roll over them, slowly but surely, by drowning them in millions of pounds of ordnance. The Bratoslovoukian army is big, but it's been through a lot of changes recently, and its loyalties are likely divided. We can expect to see some desertions once they realize that we're just going to bomb their defenses until they're all dead."

"What about homeland defense?" asked Gwillem Thomas. "If we can reach them from our coast, they can reach us from theirs."

"We expect the blockade itself to take out anything headed for Norvenia," replied Vandercreuse. "But I've got Skyguard deployed all over the western coast in case anything gets through, and emergency protocols in place for North Watch, Calvin, and Salem."

Thomas nodded slowly. "And the land invasion?"

"Still in the planning stages," Vandercreuse replied. "Honestly, I suspect that once we've leveled their shore defenses, they'll realize that they are going to lose, and they'll ask for terms."

"I'm willing to negotiate," O'Donnel added quietly. "Surrender of WMDs, election inspectors, nuclear inspectors, a DMZ along the New Macurean border. If they give us that, we've got no reason to go on fighting."

Gwillem Thomas nodded and stood. "Then let's make that happen." He extended a hand, and Vandercreuse shook it. "Good luck, Fred."

The scarred general grinned. "Oh, I don't need it, Mr. Chancellor. But the Bratoslovoukians sure as hell will."

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:44 pm

A little miffed that this went so far without me, considering that I am fielding almost entirely sub-killers. I guess I will work around.

SIS Shrallas - During the Attack

The Shrailleeni fleet had complied with the Cookish orders, but not completely. Upon making contact with the Cookish Fleet, Matriarch Terressi had ordered her submarines to join the blockade. However, the also initiated a patrol pattern which allowed maximun use of Shrailleeni stealth technology. Four Divinus submarines would surface at a time, keeping communication with the rest of the blockade and sweeping the area with active SONAR. Their towed arrays gave them a huge range, several hundred kilometers, which they used to keep a sharp eye on the Bratoslovoukian Fleet. The remainder of the submarines, including the nuclear Tenskwatawa-class Revetri'akh, maintained absolute stealth silence. The strength of the Shrailleeni Navy was in its stealth, keeping the enemy guessing as to where their submarines were positioned while simultaneously using their powerful mixed SONAR systems to watch their foes at all times. It was during this pattern of patrol that the SIS Shrallas detected unusual movement from the Bratoslovoukian Fleet.

Matriarch Terressi was on the command deck, her eyes flitting actively over the consols of her command officers. Things had been quiet so far, but no submarine commander, especially a stealth submarine commander, took peace for granted.

"Matriarch, we are detecting an anomoly within the Brato Fleet."

"Report."

"Several submarines have broken off from the main group. They are approaching blockade positions at several headings."

"Watch them, and send a report to the Cookish TECT commands."

"Yes Matriarch."

Terressi contemplated this for a moment. As far as she was aware, peace negotiations were ongoing in Norvenia. Did the Bratos intend to frighten the Cookish into backing down? She highly doubted that such a tactic would work. Then, suddenly, a sense of alarm broke her from her contemplations.

"Matriarch! The incoming submarines have engaged SONAR countermeasures!"

Terressi's gaze hardened. There was only one reason why a fleet of submarines on approach would start attempting to hide themselves.

"Do we still have them?"

"Passive SONAR is barely detecting them, but we have plotted their previous headings."

"Send a signal to the Resyanna, contact the Cookish Fleet immideately!"

"Matriarch! Torpedos in the water!"

Terressi suddenly stood up, shouting out orders to her officers at breakneck speed. The Bratoslovoukian submarines were jamming, but the trajectories of their torpedos combined with the power of Shrailleeni SONAR made them brilliant targets. Five Shrailleeni submarines turned to lock their own torpedo systems on the enemy submarines. Heading away from the fleet, they had already launched their first tubes when the nuclear warheads reached their targets.

The SONAR officer jerked away from her consel, tearing off her headphones as the underwater noise overwhelmed the Shrailleeni sensors, which had already been set to peak detection. The shockwaves buffeted the Shrallas, turning the crews' world into a shaking metal nightmare. By the time it subsided, the Cookish and TECT fleets were responding to the attack as well, but the Brato submarines were in full retreat. Terressi couldn't tell if any of her subs had made a successful kill.

With a whirl of cursing, she ordered her own submarine forward. Active SONAR was deadened, anti-SONAR countermeasures activated. Her original orders had been to infiltrate the Bratoslovoukian Fleet. With all of the noise of battle going on overhead, this was the perfect oppertunity to slip in behind the noise cones of the retreating enemy. Her ship would be all but invisible, and then, by the Goddess, she would do her duty. She could only hope that the other submarine commanders were following suit, there was no time to contact them properly if she was to pull this off. But right now she was a hunter, not a commander, and they also had priority orders from the Mother Empress herself. Unit Commander Tsarra aboard the SIS Revetri'akh could handle things at the blockade for a time. The Shrailleeni submarine fleet was on the offensive.
Last edited by The Shrailleeni Empire on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ask Me Anything IC

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Maybe we forgot what it's like to experience radiation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:59 pm

SIS Revetri'akh
December 6, 2012

Ship Matriarch Tsarra Cellten was a very different person than her commander. While the Fleet Matriarch was restless and spirited, Tsarra was calm and spiritual. She took her oath to serve the Empire and the Goddess very seriously. That, combined with her unusually high proficiency and education, had earned her command of the first Shrailleeni nuclear submarine. It was a great honor.

In the immediate aftermath of the nuclear strike on the blockade, Tsarra instantly took command when no reports came in from the Shrallas. Without the Fleet Matriarch, she was the senior Shrailleeni officer in command. The submarine surfaced not far from what remained of the Cookish fleet, and began the task of assessing the situation.

"What submarines are reporting in?"

"My Matriarch, we've received positive signals from five ships. Vessels Resyanna and Cresiin report damage to hull structure. No word yet from the remaining ships."

"What is the report from the strike?"

Another officer replied.

"My Matriarch, attack was made by a high megaton tactical nuclear warhead, delivered via torpedo. Cookish report five ships destroyed, including one missile cruiser. The SIS Dressanna was patrolling in the vicinity of the strike, and is presumed destroyed." There was a brief pause as more data came on screen. "Two more submarines now reporting, with structural damage and...reports of radiation sickness among the crew."

Tsarra's eyes narrowed. Shrailleen nuclear protocol accounted for radiation sickness, but their medical facilities were not yet adequate. The process was advanced and expensive, and aside from some Shrailleeni medicines used to inhibit tumor growth there was little the Empire could do. Now that she thought about it, most of the blockade fleet had likely been exposed to dangerous levels of radiation. It was easy for those inexperienced with such weapons to forget that they were more than large bombs.

"Sensory Offices, conduct a radiation sweep. Communications, send a message to all submarines to rendezvous east of the blockade to meet with hospital ships."

One submarine destroyed, two missing, four with possibly severe hull damage from the blast, and countless sailors rendered infirm from heavy radiation exposure. This was not good.

"Matriarch," the report came in, "sensors indicate lethal radiation levels around the area of impact, and dangerous levels within several miles of detonation. Including this ship, My Matriarch."

Tsarra took this news calmly, and moved on to other matters.

"Helm, take us out to the rendezvous point."

"My Matriarch, the Cookish are ordering that we follow them into hostile action. They are saying that this is war."

Tsarra looked at her Communications Officer quietly for a few seconds, considering this news.

"Only the Mother Empress can declare war, Officer. Tell the Cookish that we are tending to our injured, and send a copy of their message to the Imperial Palace. This," she said slowly, wondering if her body was sickening even then, "is terrible. But it is not war."

To: Blue Sea Flotilla

Admiral Reed,
Shrailleeni Fleet recognizes the use of nuclear weapons against the fleet. Radiation sickness is already presenting itself among many of our sailors. Current priority is treatment of the injured. Shrailleeni vessels are pulling away to the coordinates being sent to you for treatment and inspection. Awaiting confirmation from Imperial City on next course of action. Wish you well in your assault,
Acting Fleet Matriarch Tsarra Cellten

SIS Shrallas,
Bratvit Bay

This was war.

Fleet Matriarch Terressi Vilnis fe Fromathra fought a slight nasea in her stomach as her submarine quietly trailed the Bratoslovoukian carrier to its destination. She had been presented with a stroke of sheer luck. The vessel, cruising silently under SONAR countermeasures and noise control, had used the noise cone of the retreating Brato subs to slip into the fleet as they retreated to Bratvit Bay. They were currently only a few hundred meters aft of what appeared on passive SONAR as a large carrier. The noise of the huge ship's engines disguised them almost fully, even active enemy SONAR would have a nearly impossible time reading the quiet ship as it traveled now. Short of literally ramming into another submarine, they were ideally positioned.

The question was, what to do about it. Terressi could have launched an attack against the big carrier in front of her, but any attempted strike would almost certainly be suicide. If she were going to risk death, she wanted the best possible target.

The problem was, she was starting to realize that she might not have a great deal of planning time. Some of her crew were showing signs of sea-sickness on a strangely grand scale, and they only had so much fuel in the tanks. Sooner or later, she would have to strike.

Terressi coughed a little in her command chair, and fought the small urge to vomit. She felt miserable as well. But she was determined to make her enemies pay for their dishonorable attack.
Last edited by The Shrailleeni Empire on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ask Me Anything IC

Bratoslovoukia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bratoslovoukia » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:53 pm

The War Room
Bratoslovoukian Capitol Building
December 7, 2012

Marshal Pyotr Bolov walked hastily down the ornate and well lit hallways of the Bratoslovoukian Capitol carrying a locked metal briefcase containing classified documents notably spy plane footage of Cookish military installations as well as the blockade in the Blue Sea. So far, the odds seemed stacked against Bratoslovoukia, but of course they were fighting Bratoslovoukia. The Bratoslovoukians had never lost a fight anywhere, and that came from many centuries of choosing their battles carefully. Now this, however, was a battle they couldn't avoid any longer. The time had come to fight for their freedom.

As he reached the war room, all the soldiers inside quickly saluted him, him of course being their Supreme Commander. At the table seated were an array of young and old men. Politicians and generals alike were seated at the large plastic table. The lights were very dim, with a majority of the light coming from a massive screen displaying showing troop movements in the area. Other smaller screens surrounded the largest, each displaying drone photography and cameras.

Marshal Bolov handed the case of photographs to a military envoy and instructed him to roll the footage on his command. Marshal Bolov took his seat at the table. In place of a writing surface was a touchscreen which was able to mark troop movements on the map if he intended for it to do that. Marshal Bolov looked across the table Prime Minister Osip Karam. Their was an air of mutual resentment between them. Marshall Bolov had always been a socialist, while Prime Minister Karam was a nationalist capitalist hardliner.

As Marshal Bolov surveyed the table, he searched for familiar faces. Pyotr Bogdanovich, the nationalist pig and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, sat to the immediate right of Prime Minister Karam. Karam's Chief of Staff, Ilya Korenetsov, sat to Karam's immediate left. The Minister of Interior Affairs, sitting to the immediate left of the Chief of Staff, was a quiet man, so Marshal Bolov could not necessarily form an opinion of him. As Marshal Bolov counted each person, he realized there were 12 seats at the table. The Minister of War, General Boris Iuskevich, sitting several chairs to the left of Marshal Bolov was the first to speak.

"Gentlemen, we are in dire straits. Zanborian, TECT, Norvenia, the Shraileeni, and the Cookish States have committed forces for use against us. Norvenia seems to be in the process of organizing an international coalition against us. I suggest we hit the blockade hard and hit it fast. Several air force wings have been prepped for this operation." General Iuskevich spoke.

One could the weariness in General Iuskevich's eyes.

"Compatriots, we have successfully maintained consistent visual contact between our stealth drones and the blockade. Drones flying patrol sorties spotted forces inbound for Karelsgrad on board troop carriers. I suggest not only hitting the blockade but also eliminating these vessels before they pose a bigger nuisance. If those bastards ever make their way to our shores, I have no doubt our vastly greater and superior forces and our loyal and armed citizenry, will secure our certain victory on the home front." Marshal Bolov spoke vehemently about his strategy, even standing to further illustrate his point.

"Marshal Bolov, which elements of the Armed Forces would you suggest using for such an operation?" Minister Bogdanovich asked in inquisitive yet condescending tone.

"This operation, Operation Blue Fire, as we at Supreme Command have come to refer to it as, would include mainly air force elements, but naval elements," this comment drew a look from Admiral of the Navies Lazlo Richtofen, "such as naval mines and undersea hunter killer drones, would play an instrumental role in securing supremacy over the Blue Sea. Thoughts?" Marshal Bolov concluded furtively looking at his watch as he sat back down.

"Marshal Bolov, would you kindly illustrate your plans on the screen using the touchscreen?" Prime Minister Karam requested in a calm voice.

Marshal Bolov carefully drew lines from illustrated air force base to the last known positions of blockade vessels. Upon conclusion he rose again to speak.

"As you can see, this strategy would be a coordinated attack from multiple locations to strike a heavy blow to the blockade. Our patrol boats would certainly be able to easily deploy hunter-killer drones and naval mines at any location. A missile strike from our cruise missile batteries would also be required." Marshal Bolov replied. "The choice is now, should we commence the attack?"

"Yes," the men in the room replied.

F-22A
Somewhere over the Blue Sea
December 7, 2012

A v-formation of F-22s had formed and Capt. Liev Kamarov was in command. The F-22 were traveling at supersonic speeds and carrying anti-ship missiles. They were tasked with destroying commencing a second attack on the blockade. Capt. Kamarov had been serving in the air force since its inception in September. He in fact was one of the inaugural pilots. All of the F-22s in his wing were armed with the supersonic BrahMos anti-ship missile designed for destruction. The F-22s and the other supersonic planes closed in on the blockade.

"On my mark, Gold Squadron." He ordered the other pilots. "3, 2, 1..."

BNS Pavlovsk
The Blue Sea
December 7, 2012

"Doctor, have the crewmen on board all the vessels reported any symptoms of radiation sickness?" Admiral Kazamir asked the ships's doctor anxiously as he ate his lunch on the ship's bridge.

"No, Admiral. It seems the winds of fate have carried the fallout away from us and into the rest of the blockade. We are truly blessed. The crewmen on the submarines radiation levels are only slightly elevated." The doctor reported.

"Admiral, our advanced sonar has picked up an unidentified sonar signature trailing the carrier." An naval officer on the bridge reported. "We are running detection cross-reference diagnostics now."

"Admiral, our exterior radiometer has picked up radiation at the same distance as the sonar signature. The radiation is the same as the fallout from the nuclear torpedo used on the Cookish fleet." Another naval officer called.

"Deploy hunter-killer drones. If they get visual we will commence an attack. That's an order." The Admiral commander

Several seamen rushed to the lower deployment levels, which were used for mostly dropping depth charges and docking ridged hull inflatable boats, and dropped the round drones into the water. When the drones were beneath the waves, they followed the radiation signature with haste, and activated their cameras. Once visual contact was made with the sub, the drones attached and prepared to detonate. The timer in the drones for 2 minutes activated.
Last edited by Bratoslovoukia on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents